[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Delta Green

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Delta_Green_DESKTOP-FAIRFIELD.jpg (596KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Delta_Green_DESKTOP-FAIRFIELD.jpg
596KB, 2560x1440px
I'm going to run a DG one-shot the next week. I was thinking about Convergence. I've already run DG before, but never this scenario. Do you have any hint about running it? Also, I will have 5-6 players, how do I arrange the roles? I was thinking about 3 agents and 2-3 friendlies, or is it better to make directly 2 cells?
Also DG general.
>>
>>50724894
Two cells will be too much admin work and miscommunication between players.

Polite bump.
>>
>>50724894
can you sum up what is the scenario about?
>>
>>50725996
Mi-Gos are performing experiments on inhabitants of a small town, abducting them, erasing their memories as nothing has happened, and replacing parts of their bodies with a strange protomatter. One of these experiments escape on a criminal spree and is filmed while killing a man with his super-strength. FBI stops him and a friendly calls DG. Agents have to investigate the town and discover the Mi-Go work.
>>
>>50726118
is that where the poisoned and every agent will they if they don't drink bottled water and eat premade food?
>>
>>50726238
Yes it is.
>>
>>50724894
If it's a new party, all friendlies, the most experienced player is an agent. Or all friendlies, one NPC agent who will induct them later.
>>
>>50724894
I've ran the scenario before. 5-6 people is a lot of agents for this scenario (I ran it with 3) unless they split up and go their seperate ways which D&D has encoded a lot players to avoid unfortunately. But your players may not have such inclinations.
>>
bumping for OP

Also anyone every tried to run a game where the players where GRU-SV8 agents? Apart from the pre made scenarios of course
>>
>>50728033
It went horribly wrong and ended up being a black comedy, at best.
>>
>>50730938
why?
>>
>>50731013
It was kinda rigged to go like this. I ran a game where the party tried to stop a coven of ghoul witches trying to resurrect Stalin, and when the players foiled their plans, the same coven stole that Quran written in Saddam blood and tried to resurrect him. Racist jokes and hilarity galore.
>>
>>50728033
Not yet, but I'm entirely too excited about the idea of sitting around, getting drunk, and doing bad Russian accents as we all go crazy and die.
>>
>>50732551
It's even better when you're a Russian yourself, trust me. Horrible accents make everything better.
>>
>>50728033
>>50732551
Watch The Americans. Pretty good series, about how russian spies operate. Accents are quite right, too.
>>
>>50724894

Do yourself a favor anon and listen to the RPPR actual play of that scenario before you run it.

http://actualplay.roleplayingpublicradio.com/2010/06/systems/call-of-cthulhu/call-of-cthulhu-delta-green-convergence/
>>
>>50728033

But the pre-mades are generally good, and Cold Dead Hand is fucking fantastic, either as an intro or for long-term players.

I play it at least once for every DG group, especially the long running ones. It's a lot of fun to watch the player's faces when you tell them that for this mission they get fifty fully-equipped spetznaz, two HINDs, two armoured snow vehicles, and two briefcase nukes.

Slightly experienced players get really excited.

Very experienced players get really excited and then look at me with grave concern.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.