[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Artificer Armor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: Ultramarines_Artificer_Armour2.jpg (27KB, 250x403px) Image search: [Google]
Ultramarines_Artificer_Armour2.jpg
27KB, 250x403px
I have a question. If Artificer armor is removed from the corpse of the original wearer and then sanctified as a relic, wouldn't the armor be shot to hell? You can make repairs, but wouldn't that remove whatever made the armors significant? Or does doing a great achievement with it worn bless it?
>>
>>50723886
What makes Aritificer particularly special isn't just the quality of the Ceramite/Plasteel plates, which can definitely be replicated by a dedicated Magos or Techmarine, but the subtle calibrations and extreme diligence in the electronics and technological aspects, too.

Actually making solid plates to replace Artificer wouldn't be too difficult if you have the resources, any Forgeworld's higher elchions will have that capability given enough time. This would be the major part of repairs.
>>
File: 1298567130632.jpg (52KB, 402x600px) Image search: [Google]
1298567130632.jpg
52KB, 402x600px
>>50723886
As far as I've understood it, artificer armor is often very old, so they're most likely a significantly older Mark than the average armor in the chapter, which is often revered in its own right, whether justified or not. Also, the machine spirit extends as far as to bolters, so there's no doubt it affects armor too. The rules of Deathwatch supports this, with all sets of armor having unique quirks and boons. So the older the armor, the stronger the machine spirit.

Also:
>Ship of Theseus
>>
>>50723886
Just because you repaired something, doesn't make its symbolism any less important. It's the event itself and the spiritual presence of its wearer that the armor retains. Not the battle damage. Though different sects believe it important that the damage portray the event, that is not a universal belief.
>>
>>50723886
The Mechanicus can often repair old tech, even if they don't fully know how it works.

They just have a problem making new stuff, largely due to their anti-innovation doctrines.

But as others have said, there is more to the armor than the outer plating. But sufficient damage might make it problematic to repair.
>>
>>50723964
wouldn't those be shot to hell? if it's electronics, I'm pretty sure bolter rounds will mess those up good.
>>50723979
then why do Mk. 7 Artificer Armour exist?>>50724006
so it does get blessed with the previous occupant's spiritual lie... I mean prescence?
>>
>>50724016
>>50723979
Artificer Armour is crafted tailored for the space marine that would wear it. It does need to be a relic, Artificer grade armor is made from the highest quality material by the hands of master artisans and smiths.
>>
File: 1st_Co._Veteran.jpg (127KB, 513x690px) Image search: [Google]
1st_Co._Veteran.jpg
127KB, 513x690px
>>50724016
I know that in the old rules, Salamanders payed less points for artificer armor and could equip them on sergeants because they made a lot of their armor themselves and were very good armor smiths in general, along with having good ties of trade with the Mechanicus. So artificer armor seems to be as simple as "Better armor", whether it's because it's a revered relic of great artifice, or because it's a brand new piece of equipment made with the best tech available.
>>
>>50724016
Depends on what was important. Was it the feat that the wearer performed that was important? Was it the fact that the armor was just in the right place at the right time and witnessed something incredible? These would be two very different reasons for reverence. And we know the particular use of an item can change its presence in the warp.
>>
File: Bolter_-_Astartes_MK_Vb.jpg (19KB, 283x179px) Image search: [Google]
Bolter_-_Astartes_MK_Vb.jpg
19KB, 283x179px
>>50724042
I see, so Artificer Armour is a tailor-made armour, but is it always so? Is it every time the previous occupant died, they re-tailor it for the Chapter's next Champion? Also, I'm sorry if I come off as a prick asking these.
>>50724054
so whether the armor is just in the right place in the right time, or whether it was used to stave off the greatest of Ork WAAAGH's, its machine spirit still becomes stronger?
>>
>>50724099
>Is it every time the previous occupant died, they re-tailor it for the Chapter's next Champion?
Yes. But these are usually pretty minor changes and I imagine Artificier Armor is designed with those kind of changes in mind. Think of it less like a traditional suit of armor that would need to be have its plates reshaped, and more like a piece of software that needs to have its operating parameters adjusted.
> its machine spirit still becomes stronger?
Also depends on the individual's take on the machine spirit and what you mean by stronger. Anything that improves the warp presence of an item is likely to improve its protection from corruption of the warp. But armor that faces off against Orks for hundreds upon hundreds of years may have some level of self-learning software that could, for instance, better predict Ork movements in melee. Or the software from those hundreds upon hundreds of years ago may have just been better than what they have now, so it appears to have gotten stronger while everything else just got weaker.
>>
>>50724179
well thanks for answering my questions, this thread can die now
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.