[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Critical role thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 17

File: IMG_3108.jpg (57KB, 484x304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3108.jpg
57KB, 484x304px
Keyleth is literally(literally) useless
>>
Anyone got predictions on deaths?

I'd say Vax, Grog, Pike, Gilmore and Jarret
>>
I'd say Vax has a pretty good build right now, with is damage and his mobility. Grog is higher, as he's their front liner. Gilmore's pretty high, he's been waning for the last month or two. Jarret is running scared due to fear right now, and Pike's awake again, unsure about her odds.
>>
Well, Jaret, Scanlan and Pike just got fire-breathed, and while Pike and Scanlan are damaged, Jarret looks like the Japanese fella who survied the Napalm strike in We Were Soldiers.
>>
Well, they killed Thordak without any character deaths, but they still have Ryshan to deal with, so we'll see what happens.
>>
once again keyleth ruins everything :D
>>
>Attacking Raishan

Meh.
>>
The Thordak fight was severely underwhelming after all the hype Mercer surrounded it with. The fact that Keyleth prompted a metagame decision to attack Raishan is the epitome of "DM's Girlfriend gets away with bullshit."
>>
>>50721484
Mercer's encounters tend to be way too easy for them. I don't know if it's because he doesn't take into account just how powerful they really are or if he's really just a softie.
>>
>>50721513
He makes a lot of them easy for the show to keep going and have a single storyline.

They talked about how they ran harder campaigns before the show and run them on the side still since the show PCs are kept alive a lot.
>>
Was it me or was everyone except Travis and Taliesen in full 'act like a shitheel' mode tonight? Especially Sam, fuck.
>>
>>50721540
I mean from a show standpoint it makes sense, but when your dragons aren't acting like they should be in combat it's pretty boring. There was no difference between the white dragon fight and this one. Actually I take that back. The white dragon actually flew up into the air more than once and used its breath effectively.
>>
>>50721570
Just tonight huh?
>>
>>50721513
No one ever dies in high level DnD. The only reason they do is they're not super good at the game and fuck up a lot. They should've have had to resurrect as often as they do at their level.
>>
>>50721589
They all have their moments, save Travis I guess, but everyone seemed to be at maximum.
>>
>>50721586
I don't disagree.

The show is made for casuals, but it makes it easy to watch at least.
>>
>>50721586
Thordak used his breath effectively here. Matt went for as many people as possible, and when that didn't work, he tried to nuke two healers. That's exactly what you do with the breath weapon.

He could've flown up more but Matt specifically told them he was never going to leave his hidey hole for some reason. He couldn't just fly super far away out of their reach or they just book it into his precious secret lair.
>>
>>50721619
My point is Thordak should have nuked the healers to begin with. He might have been insane but he had enough brain cells left to realize you have to geek the mage first. And I disagree about the lair thing. He was much faster than Vox Machina and could easily return to his lair in a single turn.
>>
>>50721662
He didn't know who was a healer and who wasn't until they started healing. They didn't start healing until his first breath weapon was done.

You're basically saying Matt should metagame to most efficiently use his monster's abilities. Not Matt's style, even if he lets his players get away with it. It's the same reason he wasted a lair action on a useless poisonous gas spell.

This was a fight of action economy. VM had a million people doing shit so it overwhelmed him. Thordak also expected to have Raishon by his side, which would've made it a very easy fight if she was.
>>
>>50721685
>He didn't know who was a healer and who wasn't until they started healing.
Hasn't he been scrying on VM from like day one? It's not like Grog's going to suddenly start throwing out healing words. But I guess it's a moot point now. Maybe Raishon will actually prove to be interesting (though I doubt it)
>>
>>50721662
The real problem is his house rule with spells. He's basically giving them all a bunch of free regeneration by allowing 3 healing words per round from the 3 casters. This also lets them super easily mitigate KOs. To the point where they can toss them on mook npc helpers.

We get all these situations where they go "Well now I'm at some number less than 20!" which is almost always due in part to free healing word abuse.

I get why the rule existed. Back in pathfinder you used to be able to do spell + swift action spell no problem and Matt made that house rule to kind of bridge the gap. Almost most certainly for Tiberius/Orion back in the day. It's just way too powerful in 5e and why they got rid of it for anyone but very specialized Wizards or Sorcerers (stuff like twinned spell and the enchantment class feature) -- two classes who don't fucking have healing.
>>
>>50721743
No? We've never gotten a hint that Thordak scries anyone. He got a brief glimpse of VM ages ago in the Blue dragon's house but doesn't know them or their names, presumably.

Raishon does. That's why she's gonna be a way tougher fight. Thordak was a super powerful madman. The problem for Raishon is Sam very, very clearly is saving the Brass Dragon trump card for when they turned on Raishon.

As a much more powerful spellcaster she's probably stronger than the Brass Dragon, but Brass dragon + remains of VM is certainly enough.
>>
Bump for MAD
>>
Why is Keyleth so shit
>>
Best Boss Battle so far?

because this one certainly ain't it
>>
>>50726933
Yeah it was fucking lame. They didn't even have to call the bronze dragon.
>>
>>50727040
I figured Sam was going to try to save the flute for Raishan's fight if he could, since it's one of the few things she doesn't know about. But we don't even know how long its going to take for J'mon Sa Ord to get there.
>>
>>50727075
Were it not instantaneous, I feel like Matt would have said something when it was given to them. It's really asinine for a DM to give players an item like that and not even giving them a ballpark for how long it takes.
>>
>>50727075
That's what I figured too, but it wasn't even a choice. There was never a moment where he really had to make a hard decision about saving the bronze dragon for Riashon or calling him in order to save the party.
>>
>>50726933
Easily Dr. Ripley, because even though she and her crew were a lot less powerful than VM she managed to kill one of them and outsmarted them completely.
>>
>>50727157
For me, it's a tie between Ripley and Kevdak, though that might be partly because I'm very fond of Sam's creative thinking.
>>
>>50727314
Kevdak is one of the best because of the party's smart thinking which made it interesting when they cut off his hand and just completely fucked him up. We saw nothing like that with Thordak, but I guess humans are funnily enough just more interesting to fight than dragons.
>>
Matt really needs to punish them more for their behavior -- they are not good people, and it never seems to come back and bite them in the ass.

I really hope Raishan fucks them up for this.
>>
bamp
>>
Kash and Zahra spinoff when
>>
>>50729140
>Critical Role, but with enthusiastic, down to earth people.
I'd watch it.
>>
>>50729140
buddy cop movie when
>>
>>50729140
I was worried when I first saw Kash's special snowflake self with the heterochromia and god-that-only-loves-me but he actually roleplays pretty well.
>>
>>50729222
>trips of truth

Yeah, I've warmed to him a lot since the first session he appeared.
>>
>>50729182
Sam and Travis as honorary guests, maybe Taliesin and Ashley.
>>
>>50729316
Taliesin is fine and welcome to come along.

Travis can be a regular, as long as Laura doesn't come with.

Sam can't come.
>>
Isn't it fun that Vax just put his sister on "almost certain death" status just because he can't wait a fucking second to kill another dragon? Can't wait for Percy to give him back the punch to the face.
>>
>>50729379
all because of metagaming Keyleth

What a shock.
>>
>>50729426
Yeap. And it really bothered me when Liam was pushing Laura to use her readied action. It's almost like he wants someone to die.
>>
>>50729475
Yeah, Liam's been bothering me more and more lately. Strangely enough, that coincides with his connection to Keyleth...

I really don't get why they're so eager to fight Raishan.
>>
>>50729556
>I really don't get why they're so eager to fight Raishan.
This. It fucking pissed me off that he knows his party is separated and near death yet we will fight a near full health dragon that was casting speak with dead
>>
>>50729556
Well, Keyleth has all that revenge bullshit because Raishan opened the path for Thordak but everyone, including the raging maniacal murderer of all things breathing barbarian, told her to stop and wait until anything happens. Only Vax went in with the "you make the call and we'll do it for you", without asking anyway if they were ok with the plan.

And now we have Keyleth at almost nothing, Vex at nothing and really fucking close to a lava pit and everyone a couple hundred feet way from them. That's pretty much a gg in my book.
>>
>>50729616
I'm sure it's just more of Liam's "roleplaying" -- look how in love he is with Keyleth! He trusts her implicitly!

>>50729659
I think dragons are fucking great, so maybe I'm biased, but I don't think Raishan chose where Thordak broke out, right? How is it her fault?

And ignoring that, they're fucked now and I'll be super pissed if Matt let's them get off so easily when they fight Raishan. Not only did they betray her and go back on their sworn word, but they're still recovering from the fight with Thordak.
>>
>>50729794
Keyleth is the only one who's focused on putting all the fault on Raishan, and Vax just follows suit.

Now, about what will happen to them, I'm almost hoping for Vex's death just to see intra-party conflict between Percy and Vax. It was really fun to see Percy and Grog fighting for the Githyanki skull after the Conclave attack, and I just want someone to do something with the emo brat.
>>
I like Keyleth and Marisha is my favorite
>>
File: I Am That Is.png (41KB, 680x447px) Image search: [Google]
I Am That Is.png
41KB, 680x447px
>>50730015
I used to not mind her very much, but over the last stretch of the show she's really started to grate on me.

All of them have problems with their spells, and remembering their abilities, but her character is just so... annoying. It isn't helped that she metagames way more than any of the others.
>>
>>50729914
I dont think she will die initially. Vax has lay on hands and other paladin spells
>>
File: Capture.png (53KB, 613x316px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
53KB, 613x316px
is this the first time Matt retconned something on this show?
>>
>>50730094
Yeah, she's probably fine, but will probably be out of Raishan's fight. I'm just hoping for some sort of karmic justice.
>>
>>50730137
He probably would have caught it if they'd continued the game. He's retconned stuff before in game.
>>
>>50730146
Im hoping for party infighting. Its fucking retarded to listen to the one person too emotionally invested.
>>
>>50730137
To be fair, this retcon is one that a lot of people on their reddit were calling for. And let's be honest, as a GM winding down after a big fight, your brain is going to be very mushy and fatigued and you might mistakenly give out wrong information (in this case the amount of bludgeoning damage they took from Meteor Swarm after saving from it).

The Thordak fight went about as I expected after how successful their infiltration into the city went: a lot of low HP players but no one really dead or at risk of dying (save Jarett who should stay out of the hole).

However, Raishan should prove to be a much harder fight, because even if they're immune to her poison breath thanks to Heroes' Feast, she can still sling spells at them, or depending upon what spells she knows, straight up kill someone (Finger of Death, a lot of the higher level Necromancer damage spells have a, "if target hits 0 HP, they're instantly dead" tag).

Scanlan refusing to play the flute could be their biggest ace in the hole, but there's no guarantee that the Brass Dragon's going to aid them in fighting Raishan, when they specifically told VM to call him to fight Thordak.
>>
>>50729659
I dropped out during the break and I prayed that they would let raishan go, the party is going to end up being KOed because kelith couldn't just let it go, yes she caused the death of a fuck ton of druids but fighting a FULL health dragon is suicide at this point, whistle or no. But Matt is just gonna have the raishan teleport away and then he isn't even gonna play a ancient green dragon with a vendetta against you right. And from experience, having a green dragon hate you more than anything is the worse than a super red dragon any day.
>>
>>50730137
I don't mind a little retcon like that tho, it's hardly a retcon and more a fixed mistake
>>
This is slightly off topic, but apparently the new season of JourneyQuest is out. Has anyone seen it yet?
>>
>>50731816
Yeah. Matt's job is to interpret the world correctly and ensure that the things that would have happened "IRL" actually happen.

There's a difference between a retcon like this and a retcon to let a player use an ability that they forgot to use.
>>
>>50731816
This. He is just fixing a mistake that he made at the end of a 3ish hour long battle
>>
>>50731476
While you're probably right about Matt not playing this fight the right way, I believe the situation they put themselves into is way too convoluted for a completely happy ending.

The fight will be a 3 v 1 for at least 2-3 rounds, where 2 of them are almost at 0, and the others are more than 100ft behind and pretty fucked up too with the exception of Kima and Grog, the former being one of the slowest.

They only have the lack of lair actions and one less legendary resistance from Raishan in their favor, and her being a spellcaster can make up for the lack of lair actions. It would be way too stupid if they don't end up massively fucked, even if they win.
>>
Anyone else hoping they summon J'mon only to have it not fight Raishan? We haven't really seen chromatic-metallic interactions in-game yet, and I'd love to see J'mon take Raishan's word, dragon to dragon, over VM's regarding the 'agreement' they'd made, and then bow out as it doesn't concern Marquet or J'mon.
>>
>>50732670
The look of oh shit we fucked up badly look will be priceless
>>
>>50732670
No, Matt won't let that happen, he'd make the fight generic, albeit epic, good vs evil fight.
>>
Just to be clear though, they attacked raishan at the end of the stream?
>>
>>50733235
Yep...
>>
>>50733235
I don't have a problem that they did it. I had a problem how they did it.
>>
>>50733235
Yep. Matt even asked Liam to make sure, and Liam explained his reasoning behind it. It basically amounted to, "Keyleth said to not let Raishan touch the body [of Thordak]. Raishan's casting a spell on the body, which means she's interacting with it, which means I have to intervene."

Liam just doubled down on the action of them going to fight Raishan by basically saying, "your deal with us is gone, the only way your leaving this cavern is over our dead bodies."
>>
>>50733392
You forgot to add they took a meteor swarm to the face. It's quite important.
>>
>>50733392
I really hope she kills one of them. I don't care who, but I want to see them be punished for their shoddy planning, even if the only consequence is "lol, revive".

Here's hoping Gilmore isn't the only one with disintegrate.
>>
>>50733420
True. But basically, Raishan's reaction was a mixture of confusion and agreement, and dropped her current plan of, "talk with Thordak's soul to try and cure this soul disease" to her, "fuck over VM plan like I'd always planned to do."

Honestly I think her plan was to drop Meteor Swarm on all 7-9 of them as her, "you done fucked up now" moment thanks to Keyleth having a rage boner over Raishan helping cause nearly a quarter of her tribe to be killed. So the half-elves eating it first might actually be a benefit in disguise.

>>50733438
If you think that's bad, thanks to the fight above with Thordak and them all being at low-ish HP, they're all in range of a Finger of Death insta-kill and zombie revival. She did burn her 6th level spell during the Thordak fight, but we don't know what her spell slot casting is like.
>>
>>50733503
We don't know if Matt's using the innate spellcasting rules for dragons or if she has class levels. If it's the former, she could have finger of death ready to use.
>>
>>50733555
Matt definitely spruces up his monsters, so I would not be surprised if she's got a whole suit of spells ready to go.
>>
>>50731476
I mean, you can't necessarily make a claim for the exact personality/terrain types of a dragon. Finding a tropical blue dragon, a arrogant green, or a personable and charming but still very very evil black is entirely possible.

That said, Raishan's been played pretty close to the hip.
>>
>>50733555
We did see Raishan use a Legendary Action to cast Blight on Thordak, along with firing off a Chain Lightning during it too.

If it were me, based upon how Matt tweaks his monsters for these epic fights, I would assume she's some kind of innate spellcaster on steroids, with a similar spell pool to that of a max level Sorcerer, but tank her HP respectively to show how the plague has affected her (maybe she doesn't have legendary resistances and is relying on knowing Counterspell to deal with stuff like Earthbind).
>>
>>50733658
I'm fairly certain she used a legendary resistance during the fight vs something of Thordak's (before moving off to fight the wyverm).
>>
>>50733684
She used a legendary resistance against Thordak's earth tremor lair action.
>>
>>50733695
Ah, thanks. I remember Matt mentioning it really offhandedly and none of the players seemed to note it.
>>
>>50720098
Any thoughts on Liam clearly fudging his dice?
>>
>>50721484
He had mentioned he planned several encounters to soften them up that the party bypassed, so that's their reward for actually showing up with a half-decent plan for once.
>>
>>50733887
I didn't saw him doing that, but I saw him using a 4th luck point.

IT'S JUST A GAME
>>
>>50733928
Yeah when he was on top of Thordaks head he had some SUPER suspicious behavior.

"First attack is a 24"
"oh btw you don't have advantage now, you would have disadvantage so its just a straight roll."
"ok, second attack was a nat 20."

so he either just flat didn't listen to mercer and rolled two attacks with advantage, or he lied about the second die (as he would announce the nat 20 on his first attack instead of a 24)
>>
>>50734066
Oh, that one. Yeah, that was strange. I thought he used the third roll for the second attack, but then again IT'S JUST A GAME
>>
>>50734119
It being a game doesn't justify cheating in a game...and I am not taking this too seriously cause it doesn't bother me that much, I just don't like liam.
>>
Feel sorry for Travis and to a lesser extent Matt for having to play with some of these guys

Travis is literally perfect
>>
>>50734252
It's just funny when he tries to be the most chill of the group that doesn't let the game get into his head and then use every little opportunity to get a little more. It's a fucking blessing he stopped bugging Matt with Assassinate's crit.
>>
>>50720140
Matt Mercer doesn't have the balls to perma kill a character.

He will just fudge the rez dice roll.
>>
>>50734331
I really hope they fudge the rez roll if the annoying Druid dies (can't be bothered to spell the name)
>>
>>50734331
Fudges aren't really needed - Matt's rez rules don't make it super hard to rez a character at their level. They can probably get at least 2 of the 3 checks required for a rez, dropping the DC to a mere 4.
>>
>>50734282
Travis & Taleison are the best imho.
>>
>>50734066
>>50733887

Worst kind of cheating. It's cheating AND lying. Matt obviously trusts them, and that slimey fuck was so blatantly shifting the dice when he picked them up. As soon as the dice hit the table he scooped them in his hands to obfuscate them.

If I was the DM I would tear his sheet in half in front of him and tell him to leave.
>>
>>50734421
I feel like Laura's stepped it up a bit lately too. Not on par with either of those two yet, but she's definitely a lot more entertaining to watch now. I remember her being my least favourite in the beginning.
>>
>>50734393
>>50734370

He doesn't want to kill them. Its obviously for the ratings of the show. When Liam basically fucked up and picked a 3vDragon at the end of the episode, Matt had to pause, think a way out of it for them, then plot armor them to safety. Meteor Swarming them right then and there would've been the end. Help wouldn't have arrived in time.

Ruins the suspense of the show when none of the character can die. One of VM could literally spit in Asmodeus's face and Matt would find a way to not Perma them.
>>
>>50726933

Ripley.

Infact, that was probably the best *everything* from Critical Role.
>>
>>50734282

It was a little disheartening seeing how into it he was during the Thordak fight when so many others seemed to have the wind out of their sails.

I kinda blame Marisha (though I don't normally dislike or disapprove of her) for the whole Tsunami thing utterly killing momentum and enthusiasm.
>>
>>50734541
Pretty sure Matt had to think of how Raishan would react, while considering what spells she had, what her ulterior goals are, what lay in the chamber ahead, and how much potential infodumping Liam had just stopped dead in its tracks (as well as how to work in some of that infodump/plothook in the ensuing scene/battle). Raishan is a cunning fucker and it would be a disservice to the character if she was played as anything less.
>>
>>50734687
>cunning fucker
>pulls out a scroll and reads it with its back turned to people who arent exactly the best of terms with her
>didn't bother to just prepare the spell and cast it then and there

Sure. Matt made her really clever.
>>
>>50734541
But half the characters have died?
Everyone but Scanlan, Keyleth, and Vax iirc. It's just the nature of DnD that death is rarely final for high level characters.

>>50734728
>sorcerer
>prepared spells
>>
>>50734503
Laura's stepped it up, Taliesin, Travis, and Sam are probably the best players from a roleplay perspective.

I really hope the next character Travis rolls up is a Wizard or some sort of class where INT isn't his dump stat. You can tell he's trying so hard to not battle plan everything out because of Grog's 6 INT, and I feel like if he got a moment to flex his (Travis') intellect a lot more then a lot of these "lack of a plan" issues go by the wayside.

Taliesin's the most experienced player of the group (outside of Matt), and has just enough give and take with Matt to make Percy an enjoyable character.

Scanlan took a while to grow into a likeable character, and when combined with the fact that Bard is arguably the most OP class in 5th edition, Sam is starting to shine a bit more both in-combat and in out of combat situations (as evidenced by his insane Performance, Deception, and Persuasion rolls).
>>
>>50734755
>Perma them
I guess you missed that?
>>
>>50734787
I think Laura's stepping up because she's not relying on the abyss of edginess by her right side anymore and the whole arc with Percy/Taliesin was actually a good romantic arc without a constant stream of extreme self-doubt and the aforementioned edginess.
>>
>>50734541
Pike died pre-stream.

Vex died because Taliesin had a brain fart and triggered a magic trap and she got caught in the resultant explosion.

Grog's died twice actually (he died during the K'Varn fight, but it was glossed over due to Revivify and the enclosing illithid city), second death was to a failed save vs. the evil, sentient greatsword eating his soul and the rest of VM threatening to vaporize the sword if it didn't spit the soul back out.

Percy died because Ripley and her entire possy focus fired him and they couldn't keep him propped up long enough.

The last two deaths required them to free the person's soul before the resurrection ritual could occur, and with Matt's homebrew resurrection rules, it's still possible for the characters to permanently die if they fail the ritual roll.
>>
>>50734851
I also think the scene in the tree in the Feywild also stepped up her game, as it gave her the confidence needed to do a roleplay-heavy scene (partially due to the congratulations of the cast, and due to fan reaction liking to see Vex step into the spotlight).
>>
>>50734810
I did. Screen size and the random capitalization made it look like a line break.

The point still stands that they have died, and dice rolls have brought them back thus far. Even pre-stream when they had no audience to appease. I posted earlier saying I hope Raishan does Disintegrate one of them (or Finger of death like another anon suggested); I want Matt to spill blood for good, but there's no reason to believe he's fudging anything thus far.

Keyleth was nearly perma'd by the sphere at the Ziggurat, and I wanna say Vex was nearly Fingered to death there too but I'm not 100% about the second.
>>
>>50734859
>Perma them
I guess you missed that?

Dying in 5e is nothing. There is no XP loss. There is no ability loss. An intelligent NPC, with a vendetta, would take someone out for good. Pop the head like a balloon.

Matt will play around and pretend like hes going to kill them. But there won't be a TPK. He's said in multiple videos a TPK would be a mistake. He won't perma kill them. He knows the backlash would be too much. If it came to the resurrection rules he'd fudge the dice. Why? Because he won't risk the show.

That literally what it is now. A nearly scripted show.

Just imagine now, for a second Raishan had nuked them in the cave, grabbed one of their bodies in her mouth, and flew off with it. Imagine the tension there'd be? Instead she blew her wad then retreated into a hole. Matt's got no guts.
>>
>>50734903
If Keyleth didn't get a nat-20 on the not!Sphere of Annihilation save she was almost certainly going to lose an arm if not straight-up die.

Vex got shot with a Finger of Death about 5 minutes prior to the, "Keyleth touching the small, spinning orb of death" and took almost max damage from it, I think she went from like 76 to 2 HP.
>>
>>50734894
The Feywild arc is where I noticed an increase in her general attentiveness and roleplay too. She's on top of her spells, and there seems to be a lot less 'Laura' in Vex.

Similar thing happened in a game I played - once some characters got the spotlight for a bit, their players (all first-time, myself included) really started to get more into it, and flesh out their characters. It's gotta be great to watch that unfold as a DM.
>>
>>50734903
How do you know the dice rolls brought them back? It's clear Matt slacks the dice for them when it really counts. He's almost as bad as Liam with how blatant he is fudging rolls at times.

You want Matt to spill blood? The only blood hes going to spill is out of his pussy. He lost his balls months ago.
>>
spectators whining about other peoples games are the worst.
>>
>>50734970
How do you know they didn't? If there's no way to prove it one way or the other, does it really matter?
>>
>>50734928
Every time (other than the Revivify instance) they've had to do a resurrection ritual Matt rolls a specific die, takes a photo of it, then tweets it out to show to the fans whether it succeeded or not.

Hell, the last time they did the ritual for Percy, the rest of VM had to convince Percy's soul to come back from the dead, and it took a literal confession of love to do so. Taliesin was more than willing to let Percy stay permanently dead if VM didn't convince him to return (as he trusted him and his sister to deal w/ Ripley and his guns).
>>
>>50734942
Thanks, been a while since I've watched those eps. Might rewatch them over the break. The Briarwood arc is still my favourite so far.
>>
>>50734928
>Raishan had nuked them in the cave, grabbed one of their bodies in her mouth, and flew off with it

She'd be stuck pretty close to the AOE range, would have no guarantee of one-shotting any of them, and would have little room to get out range of any counterattacks as the tunnel. Grappling one to carry away would have to be done on a subsequent turn, and given her disease her strength probably isn't amazing.

Instead she baited them further away from their allies, and from her goal (Thordak's corpse), got somewhere where her flight could be used, got a solid distance between them and her, then nuked them.

She now has better mobility, terrain advantage with lava pools or whatever granting area denial, and has them even further from their main healer while very low on health.
>>
>>50735135
You missed the part where Matt said she escaped into one of the caverns. She's gone senpai.
>>
>>50734928
>grabbed one of their bodies in her mouth, and flew off with it
And what would be the purpose of that action for her, exactly?
>>
>>50735213
Have you ever heard of the term "hostage"?

It's pretty effective.
>>
>>50735247
They're for all intents and purposes psychotic murderhobos. It doesn't give her a hostage, it just makes her an even greater target
>>
>>50735205
Last I remember she was looking down at them from the ceiling of the big chamber after casting.
>>
>>50735258
They are not good people.
>>
>>50735258
If anything, grappling one of them would be even worse for her because Vax could potentially get sneak attack.
>>
>>50735258
If you think they are going to sacrifice one of the main party members because they are "psychotic murderhobos" then you are straight delusional. I know probably in your games the depth of your characters doesn't extend past the ink on the sheet, but they have at least invested time and emotion into theirs.
>>
>>50735268
Try to recall the scenery of the room. Big open lava area. Dragon eggs. A ceiling with lots of holes in it.

The Dragon popped out of one of the holes, fired a spell, then slipped back into it. Best case scenario it plays whack a mole with it's breath weapons. More likely, it's been plot armored away.
>>
>>50735307
With how Liam cheats it'd be a nat 20 crit too, with almost all maxed dice.

Tell me though, would you take 20% of your hp in a blow to win the encounter? I would.
>>
>>50735330
That's even better for her then. She gained nothing but advantages by acting as she did, and she has just under ten mins to use that advantage before getting back to Thordak and quickly asking her questions/doing what she was going to do.
>>
>>50735309
Nice assumptions you have there. No, in my games players don't go a-murderin' willy-nilly the way VM does. In my games diplomacy is the weapon of choice, and swords are a weapon of desperation.

They won't sacrifice their members. They'll track Raishan down, send their fucking invisible roguedin to rescue whatever party member is missing and rip the dragon apart as cruelly as they did Ripley
>>
>>50735364
Fuck, I'd forgotten how fucked up their murder of Ripley was. Understandable, sure, but still pretty fucking hardcore. Reminds me of the time one of our 'good' characters sentenced a bound, unarmed man to choke to death on his own vomit after breaking his fingers.
>>
>>50735364
>In my games diplomacy is the weapon of choice, and swords are a weapon of desperation.

LUL
>>
>>50735364
Prob has truesight. She's supposed to be cunning right?
>>
>>50735407
Good counter-argument mate

>>50735422
Figuratively invisible via stealth. Actual invisibility is easily counteracted
>>
>>50735440
Huh? Dragon's have blindsight. No Darkstalker feat in 5e.
>>
>>50735407
>you're having fun wrong

Not him, but why is this so strange? If the game is a more grounded and realistic one, that attitude is reasonable. Seems to me like the sign of a game in which the players respect the consequences of violence.

That said, even in a high level game you could have similar attitudes if NPCs are connected to others who could come seeking revenge.
>>
>>50735440
I'd counter-argue you but you'd probably beat me with your 20 Cha, Persuade Expertise Bard. Tell me, how intense do the Diplomacy checks get in your game? Is it a total roll off? What happens if you tie dice? Do you have a filibuster?
>>
>>50735469
Does blindsight negate sneaking? Huh. Can't check the books because my hard drive gone dead (insert Sam Riegel's shilling here)
>>
>>50735512
>I'd counter-argue you but you'd probably beat me with your 20 Cha, Persuade Expertise Bard. Tell me, how intense do the Diplomacy checks get in your game? Is it a total roll off? What happens if you tie dice? Do you have a filibuster?
Ah, yes, D&D players
>>
>>50735512
>rolling 1d20 and adding a modifier for an attack is more exciting than rolling 1d20 and adding a modifier for a Diplomacy check

Okee-doke.
>>
>>50735513
It has since like 3.0 at least
>>
>>50735553
I don't know about you. but I play D&D to live epic fantasies. To fight Dragons. To plunder riches. To cast magical incantations that warp reality.

If I want to have a conversation then I'd do it off the table. At least then I'd get something out of it rather than a wasted evening. But I understand that the stench of doritos and body odor can often drive people away from you IRL. It's why you and I are communicating right now
>>
>>50735697
You care entirely too much about this.
>>
>>50735867
just joshin ya man. Just rolling my ol' Diplomacy/Bluff skill checks. Don't take it personal. IT'S JUST A GAME!
>>
Lets not let the downers keep us Critters down!

Okay Critters, if a character dies next session, what class would you like to see one of the cast play the most and why?

Personally, I'd love to see Travis play a female character! Can you imagine the laughs!
>>
>>50736037
They probably need another spellcaster. I confess I'd like to see a second human.
>>
>>50736037
Jesus wept.
>>
>>50736037
You sound like you're from tumblr. Kindly return there.
>>
>>50736052
YES! Travis as a female Tiefling Warlock! Edgy I like it!
>>50736057
I know I'd be said if a member died too. Thats why it's an IF question! :)
>>50736083
I don't go on tumblr, mostly reddit, but I'm starting to like this site too!
>>
>>50736107
> :)
kindly kys
>>
>>50736083
Reads more like a /v/tard.
>>
File: 14072895729838.png (12KB, 500x294px) Image search: [Google]
14072895729838.png
12KB, 500x294px
>>50736037
>>50736107
>>
>>50736052
>a second human

This part makes me sad we didn't get more interaction between Ripley and Percy. She brought up a really interesting point about him being the only human of the group; I don't remember the exact appeal she made but it was something along the lines of humans being more innovative.

Even if was just a last-ditch attempt to throw him off his game or divide the party, it would have been great to see it touched upon again.
>>
>>50736637
I think the game would be improved by some more depth to the NPCs. Pretty much everyone has been objectively evil -- even if they have somewhat consistent motivation behind it. I'm not usually one for hyping "grey morality", but I don't think it would hurt to make them have to choose what side they wanted to back.
>>
>>50736741
I could get behind this for sure. There are probably some NPCs/baddies that have had somewhat complex motivations we never got to see thanks to VM being trigger happy, but with this arc being all chromatic dragons the whole party's been gung-ho on killing them all. I wish some of them had been more willing to play ball with Raishan, if only to see some inter-party conflict on how to deal with her.

If the next arc includes stuff like the ziggurat, the properties of (distilled?) whitestone, and maybe some more firearms stuff (been a while since Percy had some highlight episodes), we'll hopefully see some more diverse antagonists.
>>
>>50736741
To be fair, the party also has a "Don't trust and bull rush first, ask question later". It's almost like Clarota scarred them so much that they not even consider having a questionable ally anymore, only when they're forced to.
>>
>>50736849
But Matt rewards that behavior by ensuring that there are never any real consequences for it. Even though the whole Chroma Conclave attack was instigated by killing that first dragon, none of the effects of it have really touched any of them. Sure it's damaged the world and inconvenienced them, but I guarantee that they think of it more as an adventure Matt's created for them rather than a terrible thing that is the result of their actions

If Matt isn't willing to kill one of the characters, he needs to figure out a better way to put the hurt on them when they act thoughtlessly.
>>
>>50736824
>I wish some of them had been more willing to play ball with Raishan, if only to see some inter-party conflict on how to deal with her.
Keyleth is really the only one who's been going "MUST KILL RAISHAN" every chance she gets. Vax is playing along, but Liam's been wanting to kill him off for a while now.
>>
>>50736966
I thought the whole Conclave plot would happen even if they never discovered about Brimscythe, since Thordak wanted revenge for what happened 2 decades ago. If there's someone to blame, that would be Kima, Alura and everyone on their adventure party when they anchored Thordak on the Fire Plane.

But ignoring that part, it's true that they are rewarded way too much for going gung-ho. And even when they try other ways to deal with their problem, it's always by making Scanlan the face of the party and hoping that his supid high charisma roles save them some time.

They don't even use their abilities and it's fullest. Vax has all those Assassin flavours which, admittedly, can be a little tricky to use, but he doesn't even touch them, probably because he only chose Assassin for the Assassinate and maybe Death Strike that he'll not get if he goes one more lvl. on Paladin (or if he dies).
>>
>>50737027
>If you thought Liam as Vax was an irritating rules lawyer
>Let me introduce to you this evening!
>Liam as a Wizard
>>
>>50737117
I hope they stick him on a Champion Fighter
>>
>>50737117
Fortunately, he's not much for spellcasting. He kind of grumbles every time he has to do it with Vax.
>>
>>50736849
Honestly I was disappointed with Clarota's betrayal. I didn't want him to get chummy with them but I thought he'd do something like give them a chance to run or get devoured.
>>
>>50737117
I only watched up until like episode 16 or something. When did Liam start rules lawyering ?
>>
>>50737166
It wasn't really his fault, whoever Clarota was, his likes and dislikes, whatever they might've been, went away as soon as the Brainpool was freed from its prison. It overrode him and rejoined him into the fold.
>>
>>50720098
Can someone told me what happen after the break?
I was too tired to continue to watch
>>
>>50737258
It's generally about whether his Assassin stuff applies. Mostly because of 5e's "back to natural language" schtick
>>
>>50737398
They killed red dragon.
Green dragon tried to cast spell.
Rogue attack dragon.
Dragon casts meteor swarm
Cliffhanger
>>
>>50737351
He knew damn well what would probably happened. He could have done like an exclusive Skype call with the people who stood up for him against Kima and told them "Hey,we're probably going to eat your brains. You should probably start to run."
>>
>>50734787

I think Liam is one of the best roleplayers. Its just his character isn't always the most enjoyable.

You can't deny he lifted things a little with his Thordak kill.
>>
>>50738425
I agree. People I know talk about if Vox's adventures were written or an actual show and I always thought Percy,Vax and Scanlan would be the primary protoganists.
>>
File: 1358064256119.jpg (6KB, 206x160px) Image search: [Google]
1358064256119.jpg
6KB, 206x160px
Liam used FOUR lucks

Sam fucking caught him but he backed down and sat there with a dumb grin on his face

liam should be punished for not keeping track of his lucks, more so if he knew and just cheated

that last luck allowed him to kill thordak
>>
>>50738481
He knew what he was doing. He can count to four. Watch this episode again and focus on his hands. When the dice lands he covers them and sometimes tilts the number a place over. Its why he crit so much today.
>>
File: 1381871543247.png (166KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1381871543247.png
166KB, 400x300px
>>50738517
i remember he flipped his lid when they freaked out about using his first luck against kash

"look at me, IT'S A GAME!"

i bet if he gets called out for it he'll pull some shit like, "i didn't count the kash one, it was roleplay!"

i don't have twitter but someone should tell matt that liam used 4 lucks. regardless of if he consciously cheated, it won them the fight against thordak
>>
>>50738481
C'mon man its just a game. Plus think of how cool it was for him to kill the dragon while riding it. Who cares if he used an extra point. It was worth the theatrics!
>>
File: 1381899898885.png (32KB, 160x154px) Image search: [Google]
1381899898885.png
32KB, 160x154px
>>50738528
fuck no

every writer knows that in order for a story to be engaging it needs tension and stakes

these last 10 or so episodes have been so boring because i know no one is going to die. someone NEEDS to be perma killed
>>
>>50738546
>someone NEEDS to be perma killed
The only person who can stay dead is Tiberius.
>>
maybe start a hashtag to get matt's attention? #VaxUsed4Lucks
>>
>>50738578
Its over already just drop it. Liam just really wanted the "How do you do it" on Thordak. Hes playing the coolest character anyway so it's fitting. What? Would you rather have the BARD punch it to death? Get out.
>>
File: 1430965452585.jpg (89KB, 412x412px) Image search: [Google]
1430965452585.jpg
89KB, 412x412px
>>50738597
fuck you nigger

Liam thinks he's the protagonist with all of the Raven Queen shit and someone needs to knock him off his high horse

the other players work just as hard to make their own cool moments without cheating
>>
>>50737873

But he always rolls happily with that Matt says, I think he's just curious as to what applies and when.
>>
>>50738597
Bigby's Hand throttling the life from Thordak would have been damned amazing.
>>
>>50738597
>>50738609

Hello samefag
>>
>>50738639
...what?
>>
>>50738639
That aint me.
>>50738609
Who else is protag worthy? Percy? Maybe? Every party has a "lead" whether you acknowledge it or not. He makes the most sense as he has the deepest ties with TWO other characters.
>>
>>50738659
you dont get it retard, NO ONE should be the protagonist. everyone pulls their weight equally and if matt picked a favorite character he'd be a horrible DM and playing dnd wrong
>>
>>50738672
the protagonist isnt the favorite. It's the LEAD. A leader doesn't mean hes the strongest. It just means he is the one that the party relies on for decisions. He proved today, by taking initiative and attacking Raishan, that he is stepping into that mantle. He is choosing the actions for the party as their leader.
>>
>>50738685
Liam has not proven to be a leader by far. if anyone should be "leader" it should be percy. and this is a story about 6 characters, all of which are friends in real life, there should not be a lead. it's entirely possible to have 6 characters of equal value. and he attacked raishan because of metagaming bullshit

also, stop saying "today" you fucking moron
>>
>>50738685

You're just baiting Vax heat, aren't you?
>>
>>50738697
You know what I mean. Stop arguing semantics.

Lets go down the list:

>Vex
The weakest RPer of the group
>Grog
6 Intelligence
>Scanlan
Comic relief and a gnome
>Keyleth
Worse decision maker ever
>Pike
Not even played by a person anymore
>Percy
Basically non-existent since Ripley died

Vax is by far the most suitable. They aren't all equal. Percy might've been a contender, but his arc finished and now hes a side character. Vax has the charisma, the gusto, and the deep character development a leader needs. Who else has shown such character growth? The rest are the same characters from episode one.
>>
File: 1414982094943.png (211KB, 680x1071px) Image search: [Google]
1414982094943.png
211KB, 680x1071px
GUYS

Matt should summon Imix

Vox vs Raishan vs Imix

and use him to kill vax and/or vex
>>
>>50738725
you know what would be better? Vax dying. it would add a much needed emotional punch to the story

also because liam cheated
>>
>>50738744
I swear he has had a deathwish since he became the ravenqueen's bitch
>>
>>50738725
Oh, for the love of god, stop sucking Vax's dick. Jesus fuck, charisma? Gusto? Character development? If Vax is their leader he's probably the stupidest, most incompetent party leader I've ever seen.

"Let's attack a fucking spellcasting green dragon when we're definitely outnumbered, close to getting out of spells and without any sort of plan!" And now your sister and your girlfriend are almost dead!

Also, the whole Raven Queen arc was the most annoying thing on the whole show. I dare to say I preferred seeing Tiberius being a dumb fuck with his shop sprees just because I was not assaulted by all that darkness and edginess and emo music playing out of nowhere. If he didn't wanted to give his own life to the Raven Queen, then why the fuck he did anyway? There where other 4 other people there that would do it for Vex, one of them who actually liked her more than a friend (and would give a better story arc).

And even if Grog is dumb, Travis is probably one of the smartest of the group and has been way more useful for tactical planning than your supposed "Main Character" who can't not act on impulse even if that means he'll put his friends on a dangerous situation.
>>
>>50740329
>And even if Grog is dumb, Travis is probably one of the smartest of the group and has been way more useful for tactical planning than your supposed "Main Character" who can't not act on impulse even if that means he'll put his friends on a dangerous situation.
This. Grog should be more usefull for tactics because war is his thing as a barbarian. Sure he doesnt get the details but the big picture has always eluded the group and he should be able to grasp that
>>
>>50740329
Dude the show is scripted. Actually scripted. With a rehearsal. It was leaked on Reddit the other day... they even leaked whats going to happen next session.

Vex is going to die (disintegrate) and Vax is going to trade his soul for hers with the Raven Queen

Thats why Vax was so eager to attack. That's why Matt tried so hard to kill Vex.
>>
>>50740579
Proofs? :^)
>>
>>50740579
Dude, if Matt wanted to kill Vex that bad, why would he retcon her damage?
>>
>>50740579
Look, that can actually be true and I'll eat my words when that happens after the break, but I won't blindly believe on a supposed Reddit thread. That discussion always comes up on every CR thread, but it never leads to any satisfying conclusion. Yes, Matt railroads a lot. Yes, Matt tries to not kill them or give them a chance to come back. And yes, some fights are really dumb because Matt don't want to go all out. But a script for a 3-4 hour weekly live stream where the actors have to work on multiple gigs throughout the whole week? I would believe if it was a recorded, heavily edited VOD, but you people who talk about it being scripted never come up with something that could be called a hypothesis.
>>
>>50740653
Because people threw a bitch fit. The original script was:
>She gets knocked unconscious
>Vax runs over her and heals her
>Dragon disintegrates her in his arms

Now hes just going to the last step.

Why do you think that merchant fuck had disintegrate? It's so when it happens next session ppl aren't like "WTF that spells so OP unfair!"
>>
>>50740704
The fuck? Disintegrate is on the Player's Handbook, and it did this as long as I remember that spell. And Gilmore has always been teased as a rather powerful arcane spellcaster.
>>
>>50740741
Perma death spells always ALWAYS get shit from the player who gets hit by it. Imagine a hoard of backseat gaming fans frothing at the mouth. Matt needed to set the precedent that the spells exists to soften the blow.
>>
What upsets me the most is that Vax is and has always been a super special snowflake.
>Here are 2 vestiges.
>Oh you can fly btw
>Oh you killed Thordack too, probably awakened whisper right there.
Grog has been sitting there with his titan stone knuckles with his enlarged thumb up his ass in most boss encounters because he has no mobility and everyone but him can fly or reach out and touch the enemy with ranged attacks. And those boots he got are arguably useless based on his enemies flying higher than his enlarged form can reach at the peak of his jump.
>>
>>50740894
To be fair, the whole Raven Queen armor and arc was never really meant for Vax. If we look at the 8 vestiges, every one was hand picked for the 7 (then 8) of them, with Whisper going to Vax, Cabal's Ruin probably going to Tiberius and the armor going to Percy. Also, Percy had an interest for the Raven Queen since the first time they went to Vasselheim, but that was at the time Taliesin didn't had too much going for Percy, so everyone basically ignored him.
>>
>>50740894
>Grog has been sitting there with his titan stone knuckles with his enlarged thumb up his ass
lol

"I'd like to enlarge, then shove my enlarged thumb up my enlarged ass"
>>
>>50740894
They say cheaters never win, but Vax and his *four* luck points sure do.

He cheated his way into awakening Whisper, thank about that.
>>
>>50740894
Dude foreal? It's not the DMs job to build you a better character. If he wanted to fuck up his character build then thats his fault.

Always Totem Barbarian. Always Bear -> Eagle -> Eagle.

Imagine if Grog could pseudo-fly? Then he wouldnt look like an idiot chucking his axe.
>>
>Watched CR to just after McGuiness' VA played and they played with Vin Diesel
>Apprently it's become even more "le quirky xD"
Kinda glad i stopped

While i liked Travis and some of the guests - The 2 girls, Talisin and fucking Percy really bored/irratted me
I just want a dnd that i can watch since i'm lacking friends who want to play
>>
>>50741394
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iofsg3hqZjo&list=PL-oTJHKXHicQ0jv37mr8D9kRFXox7-PXD

You're welcome. (If Sci-Fi isnt your thing try The West Marches on the same channel)
>>
>>50741447
Thanks m8 i'll stick it on next time i do a painting sess
>>
>>50741377
It's the dm's job to make the game fair for all parties especially when your character specific mcguffin is weaker than other character specific mcguffins, and when one character gets two mcguffins and hogs the spotlight.
>>
>>50741571
which is why Matt recently adjusted some of the vestiges for better balance. But I think he'll have a harder time getting certain equipment to be worn by certain players.
>>
>>50741015
As one of the most experienced there, Taliesin tries/tried to take the back seat a lot for the newer players, and it definitely bit him in the ass with the Raven Queen shit.
>>
>>50741723
Yeah, he was way too passive at the start of the stream, with Percy having no more personality than being a gunslinger with a huge gun during the whole Underdark quest. Whitestone was really good for Taliesin because it gave him the spotlight that his character needed.
>>
>>50741666
Pretty much all buffs, and nothing for Grog's TSKs
>>
>>50741884
Briarwood arc was the best so far
>>
>>50742001
It's possible they're already awakened - the Plate of the Dawn Martyr seems like it was found at awakened power level too. As much as Grog does get left out of shit, when he does get into combat he isn't underpowered at all. Him and Kima basically wrecked Yenk in a handful of attacks.

I definitely would like to see him get some more options for in-combat mobility though.
>>
>>50742193
or our resident rogue could stop being a greedy bitch and pass around his boots of haste. As if he needs it with his flying armor AND teleporting dagger.
>>
>>50742274
He did gave it to Vex, but he'll probably get them back like the greedy bastard he is and then complain when his sister wants to bargain everything she buys.
>>
So glad the internet hates Liam as much as I do.
>>
I'm happy /tg/ watches and enjoys this
>>
>>50743177
Liam is alright, though. Here's the rankings:

~ BEST TIER ~
Pike
Zahra

~ OKAY TIER ~
Vax
Grog
Kashaw

~ BAD TIER ~
Scanlon
Percy
Vex
Garthok
Gern
Lillith

~ SHIT TIER ~
Keyleth
Tiberius
Lyra
Thorbir
>>
>>50743363
these tiers are fucking abysmal. this is a thorbir-tier list of tiers
>>
File: here is some attention.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
here is some attention.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
>>50743421
Nice argument there, friendo
>>
>>50743363
Zahra and the shit tier group are the only ones remotely accurate.
>>
>>50743363
>can't even spell Scanlan right
>>
>>50743462

>S Tier
Grog
Kashaw
Scanlan

>Good Tier
Pike
Vex
Zahra
Percy

>Meh Tier
Garthok

>Bad Tier
Keyleth
Lyra
Thorbir

>Kys now faget tier
Vax
Tiberius
>>
>>50743602
wtf i love scanlon now
>>
File: 19786-32578-14817.jpg (17KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
19786-32578-14817.jpg
17KB, 500x371px
>>50743615
>Scanlan
>literally "poo poo pee pee LOL random xD"
>S Tier

Here's your (You).
>>
>>50743656
and here's your (you) - his character has an immature sese of humor, but when you get past that is one of the BEST characters in terms of depth
>>
>>50743615
Quality list.
>>
>>50743177
He does like to stack motives for people to hate him. The whole cheating thing with the last hit on Thordak and the 4th luck point coupled with the "IT'S A GAME!" bullshit from last week only adds with the fact he has 2 vestiges, the edginess, and that "you can't always play a guitar solo" thing he said to Orion or Taliesin (I don't remember) and then proceeded to do the exact same thing. And when he pushed Laura to use her action against Raishan was rather disgusting.

IT'S A GAME!
>>
>>50744030
Man that last bit with making Vex shoot pissed me off. Normally Liam' s fine, even if Vax is a shitheel, but that was a shitty move.
>>
>>50744203
Yeah it was super shitty. I hope percy and grog collectively slap his shit after the fight for that. And if he dies in it, resurrect him only to kill him again
>>
>>50744420
Percy still has that punch to give it back to Vax. If anything bad happens, he should considering going a tier above and just shooting Vax on the dick or somewhere else.
>>
>>50744534
In theory Percy could knock Vax out and burn through all three of his death saving throws in a single turn, assuming god-tier dice rolls. I wouldn't mind seeing it happen desu.
>>
>>50745288
While that would be lovely, I just don't think he would kill Vax, even if the worst happened.
>>
>>50744030

>It's a game bullshit

But it is a game.
>>
>>50743239

Same. For all everyone's complaining here, you know they love it really. Truly no-one is as mad about things as they say they are.

And really, players are gonna play. If any criticism is to be levelled about anything game-related, it always comes back to the DM.
>>
>>50743677

Literally how?

>Oh hey got a daughter now guess I have an excuse to be a coward lol
>>
>>50744030
>>50744203

He didn't force her to do that. He put her in a situation that seemed to warrant it, but he didn't force her to take the shot. Don't blame one character's decisions on another character; same goes for him doing the deed in the first place from what Keyleth said.
>>
>>50745436
Yeah, I know it's a game, but it's extremely hypocritical to say that after using a resource on a inconsequential duel and then cheat one week latter by getting more of it out of his ass.
>>
>>50745402
True, sadly. A well-timed Dominate person from Raishan could still let us see some PvP action, at least. As non-gnomes/non-half-elves, Percy or a non-raging Grog would be the best target, assuming they aren't yet counted as being in-combat with Raishan.
>>
>>50745491
Vax didn't force it, but Liam did pushed Laura to do it when he started to countdown.
>>
>>50745532

He pushed her to make a choice rather than vacillate (Vaxillate lol), not demand a shot be taken.
>>
>>50745720
After he attacked Raishan by the means of metagaming without any plan on how to deal with her. And Vex readied her action to shoot the dragon if she went aggressive, while Raishan only darted into the chamber.
>>
>>50745457
No, you don't understand.

I literally hate keyleth.
>>
For those who don't remember, Raishan's already cast a 6th level spell (Chain Lightning), a 9th level spell (Meteor Swarm), and a 4th level spell (Blight, notably as a Legendary Action).

While I would say/suggest that Matt just gave Raishan the Innate Spellcaster variant for dragons, it's far more likely that he just gave her Sorcerer class levels. So, here's a list of spells that a potential level 20 Sorcerer could have to really screw over VM:

Disintegrate, Finger of Death, Dominate Person, Counterspell, Major Image (this is how the war room scene could occur and not be a DM fiat), Greater Invisibility, Power Word Stun, Sunburst.

And remember, level 20 Sorcerers get two slots for 6th and 7th level spells, so it's possible that Raishan could insta-kill three of VM with those higher level spells (two Finger of Deaths, Disintegrate).
>>
>>50746085
Finger of death is super risky, if the target makes its save it doesn't do shit. Disintigrate is a more likely killer because Raishan at least gets to roll a spell attack with a nice bonus.
>>
>>50746174
Normally I'd agree, but VM's biggest weakness (outside of Intelligence saves) is Constitution save throws. The only one with proficiency in it is Grog (maybe Percy, but I don't know what the Gunslinger variant Matt brewed up has for save proficiencies), and most of them have poor Constitution save throws (maybe +1 or +2 at most). I think Raishan's spell save DC is/around a 20.
>>
>>50746261
Mercer's Gunslinger is just a fighter archetype, so Percy would have proficiency. He might still have one use of indomitable left too.
>>
>>50746261
Oh, it's a CON save - thought it was DEX. You're right - I hope Vax and Keyleth eat shit against Raishan and Vex just goes "aaah we had a deal lets stop attacking each other"
>>
>>50746174
Finger of death is a con save that does half on a successful save, disintegrate is the one that is a dex save or take no damage on a successful save, no idea why Matt had Gilmore make a spell attack roll with it.
>>
>>50746318
As long as it kills Vax I'm happy.
>>
>>50746370
If it kills him and then turns him into a zombie I'll be even happier.
>>
>>50746318
Finger of Death sounds like one of the cruelest deaths for a paladin of the Raven Queen. Can't wait to see it happen.
>>
>>50746429
I would love that
>>
>>50746429
>>50746590

#Raishan2017
>>
File: verysexytbqhwyf.jpg (282KB, 1280x1463px) Image search: [Google]
verysexytbqhwyf.jpg
282KB, 1280x1463px
>>50746713
Raishan is best girl desu senpai
>>
File: Raishan.jpg (735KB, 908x1185px) Image search: [Google]
Raishan.jpg
735KB, 908x1185px
>>50746807
If Matt doesn't end up pussying out so that Liam can stay alive and instead kills him with Raishan I'll be so goddamn happy. He's killed pc's before but sadly they don't stay dead for long.
>>
>>50746807
ain't no pussy like green dragon pussy
>>
File: ripley.jpg (384KB, 700x982px) Image search: [Google]
ripley.jpg
384KB, 700x982px
>>50746807
Second best girl
>>
>>50747159
Ripley <3
>>
File: 6d61b06920.jpg (87KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
6d61b06920.jpg
87KB, 640x640px
>>50746318
>>
>>50720098
As someone interested in checking out critical role where is a good place to jump in and give it a try? Is it best from the beginning?
>>
>>50747846
Skip the first arc, with them going into the Underdark. I forget the episode number, but it's somewhere around episode 26 or 27, when VM first meets the Briarwoods and they begin 'The Briarwood Arc' is when things get good.
>>
>>50747846
The begining and the briarwood arc are ny suggestion. I dont know what the episode numbers are though
>>
>>50747846
Seconding everything >>50747911 said. The Briarwood Arc, in addition to being fucking great, starts after they've sorted out player issues and stream issues, so it's a lot more enjoyable to watch than the first arc.
>>
>>50747846
Don't listen to them
>>50747911
>>50747980
and start from the beginning, while I agree the briarwood arc is one the best part of the show
The beginning is really special in a sense that you can still see it's not a full fleshed show and still friend fuckin around, eating tons of pizza and having fun living their own adventure and not having the invisible viewer hand affecting their judgement
The underdark arc made feel nostalgic of my first couple of games
>>
>>50747846
>>50748043
Start from the beginning if you want that feeling the last anon talked about and you don't mind spending almost 12 full days watching it. If you do mind about time, the Briarwood arc is a good starting point, but it's still close to 10 full days worth of streams.
>>
>>50747159
Ripley didn't deserve what happened to her.
>>
>>50748915
I don't know if there was a satisfying way to end Ripley. But then, I think that's the point. It shouldn't have been. I do agree that the way VM took her down was out of line for the supposed "good guys"
>>
>>50748977
They've done a lot of shit like that. Kinda bothers me.
>>
>>50748977
I think the only satisfying way for Ripley to have gone out is "Fuck it, I know when I'm beaten" And pull some kind of "Taking you with me" maneuver
>>
>>50748977
The loss of Ripley as a villain must have been terrible for Matt, even if it was anticipated/expected. Having an 'anti Vox Machina' for more than 1-2 episodes would have been fucking great.
>>
>>50749017
Once a murderhobo always a murderhobo
>>
>>50749085
I mean, she did take Percy with her, and knocked VM down a few pegs for having walked into the trap. Wonder if she and Percy interacted at all in Orthax's belly. Taliesen made some comment (on TM) about the time Percy spent dead that gave me the impression that there was more to it than just dead one day and alive the next.
>>
>>50748977
>>50749017
>>50749126
And it's quite ironic when you remember that Keyleth had that whole "let's stop killing everyone" schtick before the Conclave arc.
>>
>>50749177
I was wondering if that Percy kill was going to be permanent. Because my immediate response to Percy getting killed by Ripley's gun was "His soul is forfeit"
>>
>>50749225
I think it would have been if they hadn't cast remove curse(?) on the gun beforehand, which Matt hinted at a few times. As it was, he just got lightly soul-vored for half a day.
>>
>>50749208
Well there you go opening that can of worms agains
>>
I want all of VM to suffer for how hilariously butthurt the people playing them are for Trump becoming President elect. Matt too for that matter for spouting his anime-esque "remember to love and conquer evil" or whatever the fuck he said.

To be clear, I just want the people to suffer for them throwing a fit about the election results.
>>
It's almost like they're not good guys, but they are heroes, and that shit is more complicated than just Black and White despite whatever things we assume. Fucking Marisha knows Keyleth is getting darker, even has plans to mechanically enforce that by using spells like Contaigon, something she decided Keyleth would not use before because it didn't suit her idealistic worldview. Shtis changed, they're world weary and dirty, but they're still the heroes.
>>
>>50749225
Talesin was the final arbiter on if Percy would live or die, and is was entirely up to how he felt things went during his ressurection ritual.
>>
>>50749382
That and because they succeded the 'rez' DC.
>>
>>50747846
Skip the episodes with Orion, he's obnoxious.
>>
>>50749396
Nope. Matt and Talesin both have essentially confirmed the roll was meaningless. Either Talesin stepped in and took his seat from backstage, or he didn't. He was watching the ritual from another room at the time.
>>
>>50749313
>throwing a fit
>literally a couple of jokes

And people say SJWs are sensitive babies.
>>
Reminder that Kit Buss, the official artist for CritRole, will be on the Yogscast Jingle Jam non-canonical X-mas special High Rollers DnD stream on twitch at 5pm GMT today (Sunday)
>>
>>50749415
Taliesin stated it outright that he had to be convinced to bring Percy back
>>
>>50749464
Which was what the ritual was for.
>>
>>50749487
Resurrection spells in D&D can't force the soul to come back into the body if it doesn't want to. If not for what Vex and Keileth said, Percy would be fine with staying dead
>>
>>50749533
Yes, that's what I've been saying. It wasn't up to a roll.
>>
>>50749428
/pol/tards are just SJWs of the opposite political spectrum.
>>
>>50749313
you sound triggered
>>
>>50749313
>wanting people to suffer for expressing free speech

I'll never understand Burgers.
>>
>>50749644
Now that Trump won, everything reasonable people have been debating against SJWs are going over the heads of the more extreme right-wingers and now they're adopting the "no bad tactics, only bad targets" stance. Basically, dumb people being dumb.
>>
>>50749581
>horseshow theory
>real
While i agree that sometimes their paranoia does apply, they are simply too different
>>
Liam reminds me of one of my best friends

he would roll his dice when nothing was going on, to make it seem like he was just fidgeting. but when a real roll was needed he would just point to his die because he left it on something good.

and i would feel like how scanlan looked. do i say something? on one hand it's my friend and i just want everyone to have fun, but at the same time it's pretty shitty and unfair to everyone else
>>
>>50749715
>Basically, dumb people being dumb

True enough. I just find it hilarious that the rabid meme Trump supports have some of the most unpatriotic opinions, considering the whole maga thing.
>>
I've tried watching it but it's more like some kind of interpretative improvisational storytelling rather than a game of D&D. I didn't manage to sit through any of those long conversations they have.
>>
>>50750269
>interpretative improvisational storytelling
Isn't this kind of supposed to be the ideal thing that happens when people play d&d? All that proper storytelling stuff is most likely scripted though.
>>
>>50749811
I have a guy like that in one of my games. He just randomly rolls dice. If its a good roll then he decides he wants to "do" something. If its a bad roll then he was just playing with his dice.
>>
>>50749225
Keyleth had to remove the curse on Percy's soul before the resurrection ritual could take place, because of the whole, "killed by the gun that was holding onto Orthax's soul" part.

And based on the ritual successes, even on a nat 1 roll from Matt it was going to succeed, it was up to the cast to convince Percy's soul to come back. And he only came back thanks to Keyleth's talk about friendship and Vex's confession of love.
>>
>>50750269
That's how some people play D&D. Some groups like roleplay-heavy shit, others like tons of combat and dice rolling, others still prefer a pure meatgrinder in nigh-endless dungeons. Just different ways to play.
>>
>>50750269
>some kind of interpretative improvisational storytelling rather than a game of D&D

that's how you play dnd you dumbass

CR is honestly the best example of how to play dnd
>>
File: 1459221413360.jpg (269KB, 1200x776px) Image search: [Google]
1459221413360.jpg
269KB, 1200x776px
season 2 is going to be vecna, right?
vecna better fucking show up, and he better waste one of the main pc's within the first 5 minutes of him being introduced
>>
>>50752927
But then they'd inevitably kill Vecna, and what fun is that?
>>
>>50752927
Vecna and/or Tharizdun. Maybe sprinkled with some Orcus.
>>
>>50750525
>All that proper storytelling stuff is most likely scripted though.

Nope, they're just professional actors.
>>
While I don't mind the mistakes- Honestly, I don't know of anybody who isn't a hardass rules lawyer who doesn't muck up the rules pretty often

It's just the combination that PCs are super-resilient at their level and that Matt still hasn't gotten a grasp on how to really push them to the edge.

Not that he has to considering Keyleth and Vax often are hot-headed enough to drag them into trouble, potentially -actually- lethal for somebody this time.
>>
>>50750851
>tons of combat and dice rolling
>a pure meatgrinder in nigh-endless dungeons

Difference?
>>
let's play guess who

1. i'm the hypocritical one that even after years of playing this i still don't know what to do or how anything works.
2. i'm the edgy one who constantly draws people into awkward conversations because i need to show everyone how amazing of an actor i am.
3. i think this game is pretty silly but my friends are really into it so i just play along.
4. i'm the one who wants to be really different in order to be cool and interesting but no one cares.
5. i'm tall, handsome, funny, talented, athletic, into geek culture, and nice. i'm basically the perfect man.
6. i'm the kleptomaniac who is constantly on the verge of tears.
>>
>>50754100
6 Laura
5 Travis
4 Talesin
3 Sam
2 Liam
1 Marisha

Correct?
>>
>>50754285
DING DING DING
>>
>>50751603

No, just the best of a particular way of playing it. I wouldn't dump on the ol' murder-hobo way of playing, I'm sure that's fun too.
>>
>>50754100

1. You
2. Your friend
3. Your friend's girlfriend (you don't have one)
4. Your brother
5. Me
6. Your mother (Who is klepto for my semen)
>>
>>50754100
>>50754285
I don't know why I thought 1 was Talesin but it fit in my head but then, I can't place Marisha.
>>
>>50755454

You should be able to place her because she never READS HER SPELL

Honestly, it's between her and Matt for the mediocrity of the last episode; she killed the momentum with her little stress over the Tsunami spell and he made it worse by misunderstanding it as well when correcting her.

Watching it I didn't think Liam had anything to forgive for what he did beyond his abuse of Luck. The choices he made were rightly his choices, and he explained his reasoning in-game.
>>
good thread guys. It's nice to get to talk about this show without getting attacked for not sucking the players' dicks all the time.
>>
>>50755864
It's great when you're out of a hugbox for discussing this stuff.

Although, I think this thread is a little too negative?
Maybe it's just me, I also haven't seen the latest episode since it's very inconvenient to watch live (>paying geekandsundry) so I'm not aware how Liam is worse than Hitler.
Maybe you guys are actually justified.
>>
>>50755930
you dont have to pay to watch their live games on thursday nights. to watch rebroadcasts you have to pay though. but they all get put up for free on geekandsundry.com on mondays
>>
>>50755864
Instead we attack these people for not being perfect
>>
>>50755930
>>50756504

Oh it probably is over-saturated with the negativity, but between this and the reddit and shit you get a decent balance.

I guess its just so rare to find a place where you can actively discuss negative portions of a show that it all gets unleashed here, but I still appreciate the ability to do so.
>>
>>50756567
I've seen some pretty stupid shit posted on tg about this show like these guys doing it just so they can get some work in the VA business which is laughable.
>>
>>50756760
Right? They've been playing their campaign for over a year before they started even recording it but no, it's totally a publicity stunt.
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.