[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/ Does your ragtag team of murderhob

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 52

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Does your ragtag team of murderhobos have a group name?

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Food and Cooking Homebrew: http://pastebin.com/djYJKkcF

Old Thread: >>50713064
>>
>>50718944
We call ourselves the Generic Adventuring Guild, because we couldnt think of anything else.

We Are The Best.
>>
>>50718984
I bet people just reflexively avoid your guild.
>>
So tell me, I've been having a hard time understand what the skill Perform (Oratory) encompasses. Could someone explain to me what this type of skill actually is?
I'm asking becasue I'm making a Spherecaster, and I'm trying to determine if taking Skilled Casting with that type of Perform would be worth it.
>>
>>50718944
>Does your ragtag team of murderhobos have a group name?

The Dusk Hunters, because we're the ones who slay the things that go bump in the night.
>>
>>50718944
We're the crew of the Crimson Phoenix.
>>
>>50718989
>Oratory (epic, ode, storytelling)

there you go
>>
>>50718944
Somebody said that Zen archery got thrown into PF with the last book

Confirm or deny
>>
>>50718998
Friend of mine also used it for propaganda speeches. Demagogue archetype is a hell of a drug.
>>
>>50718987
That doesnt matter, we go to them! Only one kingdom has been completely wiped off the map because of us, and it could be argued that it was more to do with the Skyrim-level of bandits the place had camped outside the walls.

No foolin, there was more bandits than civilians.
>>
>>50718989
public speaking, storytelling, narrating, newscasting, etc.
>>
>>50719008
Confirm. Can't remember the exact prereqs, but it let you apply wisdom instead of dex to attack rolls with a longbow.
>>
File: 1428686491520.jpg (36KB, 511x509px) Image search: [Google]
1428686491520.jpg
36KB, 511x509px
>>50718914

Oh! Oh! You know what that reminds me of? The *other* thing I hate about meek types, and that's when those chucklefucks expect you to be right there with them every step of the way on their Spirit Animal Quest or whatever the fuck personal side-mission they've got set up for them. Golly gee wiz, as if my character wasn't already pulling the lion's share of work in making the relationship actually compelling, now I've got to make the character themselves compelling!

Fuck off with that crap, I want a devious bard that grabs my dude and pulls him in for a kiss to show off to some new feminine addition to the group, or the lumbering barbarian that gruffly, yet politely asks if I could teach her to dance for the big gala event later that evening. I want life, man. I want some assertiveness.

You know what I don't want? The cute little Tien girl that squirms and sits right next to mine and doesn't do nothing but nod along to everything I do until I finally give her some affection, and like some weird Skinner's Box I get rewarded with a squeak and blush.
>>
>>50719110
What is your opinion on a small and quiet girl that still is very opinionated and is willing to get into short, terse, but still passionate debates about things she disagrees with?
>>
>>50719110
>like some weird Skinner's Box
Yeah, that one got a laugh.
>>
File: d3UsA[1].jpg (78KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
d3UsA[1].jpg
78KB, 1280x720px
I really need to finish working on my Bard archetype homebrew.

Its all based on pic related.

Basically an illusory reality warper that turns perform: orator or writer and causes whatever illusions she narrates to be extra real. Her performance causes reality to follow certain 'narratives' the bard sets on such as "author's retelling" to improve fudged saves, "author's rendition" to improve rolls, "preset narrative" to keep certain dice rolls for later use, "unreliable narrator" to reroll dice, etc."
>>
File: gtfo.gif (2MB, 341x263px) Image search: [Google]
gtfo.gif
2MB, 341x263px
>>50719110
Oh my gosh, shut the fuck up no one bloody cares about your dumb blogposting you retarded smug animu shitposterfag
>>
>>50719181
>complains about anime
>posts with image from an anime-reference-overdosed game
You're not Alexander!
>>
>>50719163

Everyone's got opinions, some people just like being louder about them than others. That's not and should not be a defining character trait.

It's about the little things, anon. Most conversation is non-verbal, you gotta show that. Most relationships are built by a couple intimacy-forging events, you gotta show those too.

A quiet, timid girl that just sorta stands there and occasionally gets all ruffled-n-tuffled over someone saying the wrong thing doesn't open a lot of chances for that - one or two cool moments where she yells down a BBEG or makes the party listen to her sure, but a lover that does not make.

It's all about those moments, those displays of affection. How does she tell someone she loves them, or wants to love them?
>>
File: Battle Maid Battalion.jpg (599KB, 1920x1424px) Image search: [Google]
Battle Maid Battalion.jpg
599KB, 1920x1424px
>>50718944
>Does your ragtag team of murderhobos have a group name?

pic and filename related
>>
"The Skelementals"

A squad of skeletons made by a wizard of questionable sanity, and surrounded by humorless meatbags who just want to ruin their fun.
>>
>>50719181
Who the nep cares about pathfinder either.
>>
Alright anons.

The BBEG has built castle at the point where 4 leylines meet, each of them at CL20 from being so old.

Create a caster enemy that can absolutely vaporize the entire party with the least amount of spells cast without moving from the center of the four ley lines.
>>
File: 1478811424009.jpg (1MB, 2697x2434px) Image search: [Google]
1478811424009.jpg
1MB, 2697x2434px
How does your character dress for a fancy evening /pfg/?
>>
File: 78242.jpg (9KB, 236x350px) Image search: [Google]
78242.jpg
9KB, 236x350px
>>50719360

>How does your character dress for a fancy evening?

Dapper.
>>
File: lord governor.jpg (26KB, 564x739px) Image search: [Google]
lord governor.jpg
26KB, 564x739px
>>50719360
Like so.
>>
>>50719360
It often involves less clothes. And living garments.
>>
>>50719360
>Babby's first character back in high school
He really doesn't--we never do anything but get shoved to encounters and then told we got treasure and XP.

>Tiefling Rogue/Swashbuckler
Makes sure he's cleaned all the blood off his clothes, tries not to eat any noble ladies' lapdogs this time.

>Human Barbarian/Bard/Dragon Disciple
Circlet, dress uniform, some kind of fancy longsword instead of the fuck-off giant dragon slayer he lugs around the rest of the time. Keeps his horns and scales polished.

>Human Cavalier
Can't afford new clothes, probably has to dig out some ill-fitting fashion from a couple dozen years ago. It's got too many chelish accents to it, probably has at least one pentagram he has to keep covered up by sitting against the wall or holding his hand on his shoulder.
>>
>>50719360

The best part about never having to wear armor is getting to slip into the comfy stuff right quick!

That said, I expect long coats that produce a nice skirt effect, detailed with gold. Silk shirts, half-cloaks, and jewelry aplenty. Basically, all the stuff my tiny mind can't exactly write out right now, but he looks dashing dammit!
>>
>>50719360
Stays on the ship. Between 7 cha and 8 dex a fancy evening is a recipe for disaster.
>>
>>50719360

wouldn't know know a fancy outfit if it hit her up the head. Not that any good ones would fit without looking like a tent.
>>
>>50719360
He may wash himself and puts on a fresh set of robes, if there are people he gives a shit about or people that my know people he gives a shit about attending.

Other than that, slap on some cologne to cover up the man stink, stick to walls, and nab some free food and booze.
>>
So I may soon be playing a Mythic Wizard.

I am going with Archmage, but am wondering what I should prioritize for my Mythic Feats/Powers.

First off I am grabbing Wild Arcana because it's simply fantastic.

For powers I am thinking of Arcane Enduring, Crafting Mastery, and Flexible School from Archmage as well as Longevity as a general power.

First off I am grabbing Mythic Extend Spell because Extend Spell a best. Also Mythic Spell Lore.

I think the likely mythic rank will be 4th (haven't hears for sure yet).

Am I missing out of anything? Is there anything I should definitely grab instead?
>>
>>50719360
>leader of hobgoblin KGB cell
Military if he is in his home country, waht ever is appropriate abroad.

>Nobleborn son of evil family in its twilight
High fashion, it changes each time and in character I spent probably 10kgp on outfits.

>THE IRON AGE/DARK IRON
As a gladiator he would probably be paraded around by his owner, wearing his battlegarb (full plate)
>>
So do the Ulfen still raid shit?

Would they accept mercenary help in raiding shit?
>>
>>50719731
>So do the Ulfen still raid shit?

They do! They absolutely still do! In fact, it's something of a stickler for the Ulfen on who they should raid and why!

Most raiding is done on the West coast, but White Estrid (Linnorm King of the Ironbound Islands) most famously sacked the Nidal city of Nisroth, broke the blockade at the Arch of Aroden, and sailed into Absalom to sell her well-plundered booty!

There's also, and this is a minor spoiler, an Ulfen shield-maiden you rescue from a gruesome fate in Jade Regent, her crewmen were raiding Varisia when they got attacked and tossed into some nasty dungeon. Kelda Oxgutter is her name!
>>
File: tumblr_ohvz0ySNem1qmqyt0o1_1280.jpg (300KB, 565x1008px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohvz0ySNem1qmqyt0o1_1280.jpg
300KB, 565x1008px
>>50719731
>Would they accept mercenary help in raiding shit?

What's stopping this hypothetical character from actually being an Ulfen?
>>
>>50719796
I don't want to be Ulfen.
>>
>>50719843
*him to be Ulfen.
>>
>>50719856
>>50719843

He should be a halfling. Viking Halfling
>>
>>50719860
No, the character is human. Also, I don't really like small races.

I just need skeevy shit my character could have gotten into in Kalsgarde/Land of the Linnorm Kings. Assume he wasn't born there.
>>
File: 1480469726388.jpg (46KB, 564x789px) Image search: [Google]
1480469726388.jpg
46KB, 564x789px
>>50719843
>>50719856

I mean, why? Is it a stylistic choice or something? I'll answer you now that yeah you can be a mercenary and go raiding, but it's kind of a treasured cultural thing for the Ulfen. Up there with blood-money and thralls.
>>
File: 1438754687133.jpg (371KB, 600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1438754687133.jpg
371KB, 600x1000px
>>50719905
>I just need skeevy shit my character could have gotten into in Kalsgarde/Land of the Linnorm Kings.

Define skeevy, because I know a place or three you could've run afoul.
>>
>>50719927
Something an Oni or just some evil Tien guy would have someone do in exchange for a service/mentorship.
>>
File: JelCharacter.png (991KB, 1200x1500px) Image search: [Google]
JelCharacter.png
991KB, 1200x1500px
Working on a basic rundown for a character for RotJR

>Amireh Faria
>A Jel made in the fleshforges of Nex by a Keleshite wizard, as a personal servant/slave.
>Was raised to work under her 'master' as a spy and assassin, taught the basics of using latent psionic power as a weapon.
>He died the year she turned 17 - he was already up there in years and was in relatively poor health.
>Amireh ended up taking up at a calistrian temple where she started working as a 'sacred prostitute' also worked smalltime as a spy.
>Eventually someone tried to manipulate her with a charm person spell.
>This reminded her of her former master who she disliked.
>She tracks the man down, and murders him
>ends up leaving Nex.
>Spends the next ~40 years bouncing from country to country, mostly as just regular exploring the world, but occasionally fleeing just ahead of the law for having murdered someone who charmed her in her line of work.
>Isn't "impulsive" about her murders, but typically only kills when people choose to try and take what she would have given (mostly freely).
>Rescues an apprentice from slavery in Cheliax. Chooses to take him with her.
>Ends up in sandpoint ~2 years after the late unpleasantness and chooses to take work at the pixies kitten, living a mostly "quiet" life.

>Soulknife (War soul) || Vigilante (Serial killer).

She's a bit of a hedonist (which is why she does the work she does) and is entirely okay with drugs being used to loosen inhibitions, but has an extreme hatred for magical compulsions. She still feels quite youthful and truly enjoys her line of work and probably will for some time, as she has the life-span of an elf. She tries to keep her public persona and vigilante guise very separate, and she often pretends to be and disguises herself as a half-elf to avoid questions.
>>
>>50719360
>Druid
Her cult's finest craftsmanship formed of vines, fungus, and living steel
>Duskblade
An armored coat decorated with simple silver and copper to look elegant and angular, probably of dwarven creation
>Warder
The in-setting equivalent of a button-up and slacks, since wearing armor 24/7 is tiring and she just wants to kick back and relax at the party instead
>>
File: 59587734_p0.jpg (932KB, 1630x1165px) Image search: [Google]
59587734_p0.jpg
932KB, 1630x1165px
Tell us of the moments when you spent days or weeks thinking over a character, complete with a sheet and a backstory, only for all of that to turn to disappointment and a waste of time and effort.

Hard Mode: No games with many player applications.

I would give my recent anecdote if I was less down.
>>
File: 1346027699279.jpg (150KB, 1224x814px) Image search: [Google]
1346027699279.jpg
150KB, 1224x814px
Hey, I'm somebody who's played a good bit of pathfinder and DM'd a while ago, but I'm looking to get back into things and learn more about the specifics of the game, and weird edge cases, and interesting stuff people have found. Does anyone just want to chat about it? I've been reading through the core rulebook a lot, but I don't have anyone to talk to right now.

my kik is ssbmforthenintendogc if anyone wants to
>>
>The golden skull

We'd start moving the jaws of skeletons up and down when npcs talked too much. Then we found a golden skull.
>>
>>50719975
Looks good, just make sure to give the character a reason to leave sandport. At the end of the day, it's a grand journey AP.
>>
>>50720392
Wanderlust is mostly a good reason.
>>
>>50718944
No, and they'd never agree on a name if they decided to have one.

Brawler (mine) would probably want something like "Sandpoint Comets," the dang Druid would have us be called "The Wolfpack" or something, and I can't guess what the Ranger or the Wizard would want for the life of me.
>>
>>50720414
That works, nothing wrong with a character that just wants to see the world.
>>
I need to become rage incarnate. I am playing gestalt.

Obviously one side is going to be barbarian, but what is the angriest barbarian archetype?

What other classes are angry that I can combine with it.
>>
So i have a question, I havn't played the baba yaga adventure path, but Don't you go to WW1 era Earth, I just wanna know how they overcame the language barrier as golarion people dont speak english.
>>
>>50720587
monks are considered pretty mad
>>
>>50720628
You do so at higher level where spells like tongues, comprehend language, etc. are around. In addition some people on Earth are from Golarion and thus speak the proper languages.
>>
>>50720632

You cheeky little thing, you.
>>
>>50720587
what third party content do you have available?
>>
>>50720721
DSP content for the most part, that's it.
>>
>>50720587
Titan Mauler, hink about it. I'M SO MAD I'M A PICK UP THIS BIG THING AND BEAT YOU TO DEATH WIT IT.
As for the other class, I have a fondness for Two-handed Fighter, Which Can be pretty Angry, but might not be up to snuff if the game allows 3rd party. If it is, go fighter from PoW and learn the Primal Fury shit.
>>
So /pfg/ do you ever accept restricted race lists, not for "balance" reasoning, but for in setting reasons?

I have had a lot of players get very angry at certain race lists. Particularly no inclusion of elves. I am up front about this, and have had on two occasions had people ask if they could play an elf anyway. When denied they threw tantrums and had to be removed.
>>
>>50720729
In that case, there really aren't many ways to "get angry, become powerful" like you're looking to do. Barbarian Rage is almost all that's there.
>>
>>50718989
I played a military officer bard who used Perform(Oratory) as his spellcasting performance.
His big deal was exhorting his team forward with encouraging words, threats, heroic speeches and describing opponent's weaknesses with bardic knowledge.

It's a bit of a stretch, I know, but I like to think of Perform(Oratory) as really any sort of performance that uses spoken words in non-song form.
>>
>>50720742
I tend to like those. I generally ask why they're present, of course, but I tend to like worlds with consistent races in them.

The one thing I don't like is arbitrary limitation that doesn't seem to have an in-world reason. For instance, there was an anon something like five or six threads ago that said "core races, but no half-breeds" despite there being both orcs and elves in the setting. That irks me mightily.
>>
>>50720742
if anything it sounds like a really effective autism filter

you're the fucking GM
you do you
>>
>>50720742
Literally NO ONE is capable of being a reasonable adult when you as a DM say "These are the allowed races in this game."

They will always throw a tantrum and cry and demand you change it or they quit. Always.

Yes, even you.
>>
>>50720833
>The one thing I don't like is arbitrary limitation that doesn't seem to have an in-world reason. For instance, there was an anon something like five or six threads ago that said "core races, but no half-breeds" despite there being both orcs and elves in the setting. That irks me mightily.
I was there for that argument.

It was humans and human offshoots, except for Half-Elves & Half-Orcs because no Orcs/Elves in the setting.
>>
>>50719975
>>Amireh Faria
>>A Jel made in the fleshforges of Nex by a Keleshite wizard, as a personal servant/slave.

I don't care who you are, what your level of D&D experience, I will never accept something this ridiculous and bullshit as "Random commoner arriving/living in Sandpoint at level 1."

How the fuck complicated is it to make NORMAL FUCKING PEOPLE?
>>
>>50720885
I don't. I'm willing to work with generally any race restrictions or custom races unless a particular one is exceedingly overpowered compared to others, but that's an issue with balance and not the race itself.
>>
>>50720891
Huh. I must have missed that bit then. thanks for clearing it up.
>>
>>50720896
RotJR is level 3 gestalt 25PB.

If she's literally just been traveling and fucking around for for 40 years with only the occasional bit of stabby time, it's not too unbelievable.
>>
>>50720924
>RotJR is level 3 gestalt 25PB.

Sandpoint.

Normal. Fucking. People.
>>
>>50720938
The character isn't from Sandpoint and there are plenty of Normal . Fucking. People. As normal as a level 3 gestalt character can be.
>>
>>50720896
Maybe you should look up some of the other characters that have been made for that campaign before you bitch too loudly.

There's a shitton of tieflings, onispawn, aasimar, foxpeople, and other goofy stuff.
>>
>>50720938
>>50720896
I apologize that I needed to come up with a conceivable origin for my homebrew race, and an explanation for how she got from point A to point B.

If its any consolation, it probably won't get picked or played but it has been fun to make.
>>
>>50720949
Isn't that just proving his point?
>>
>>50720965

>homebrew race

Oh yeah, you can fuck off forever.
>>
>>50720949

Aasimar with Scion of Humanity are basically just normal humans anyways.
>>
>>50720896
If it helps, the weird parts of my character are basically all external. She's just human with some psychic ability.
>>
>>50720968
>person complains about whacky shenanigans
>someone states "i'm just matching the tone"
>YOU'RE PROVING HIS POINT!!!

How?
>>
File: Pretendfun.jpg (64KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Pretendfun.jpg
64KB, 500x500px
>>50720977
>>
>>50720949
>There's a shitton of tieflings, onispawn, aasimar, foxpeople, and other goofy stuff.

>Town of like, 900~ humans, maybe an elf or dwarf and nothing else.
>Somehow a collection of literally "I'm the only one of these to exist in the world" races who just happen to show up at the same time.

Yeah, no. I like how you retards prioritize min-maxing and trying to make a character who arouses other players/posters rather than actually playing the setting.
>>
>>50720993
No one is implying you're not having fun.

Just that your fun actively makes the world shittier for everyone else.
>>
>>50720985
Don't worry about it.
It's just a samefag making it look like others agree with him.
>>
File: Stoplikingwhatidontliketouhou.jpg (79KB, 552x425px) Image search: [Google]
Stoplikingwhatidontliketouhou.jpg
79KB, 552x425px
>>50721000
>>
>>50720994
Most of the applicants are human.
>>
>>50721000
Shit wow, serious business. Excuse us.
>>
>>50720994
>Hurrrr there's only one canon ever and GMs can't go out from that
>There are no such things as races that would be able to pass as human to a census but mechanically aren't human
>My fun's the only right way to play
>>
>>50720985
Because no characters have been selected, there is no "tone". Then again the GM has implied he's down with someone playing a literal horse, so that might be moot.

The point being made was that /pfg/ doesn't make normal fucking people, saying people play goofy shit proves that.
>>50720994
>"I'm the only one of these to exist in the world"
Except none of those races are "I'm the only one that exists in the world"
>Yeah, no. I like how you retards prioritize min-maxing and trying to make a character who arouses other players/posters rather than actually playing the setting
As it stands the most "optimized" character is a human destruction sphere caster, most of the "lewd" characters are pretty sub-optimal. Not making a judgement on that one way or the other, but take that for what you will.
>>
>>50720994
>prioritize min-maxing
I'm woefully incompetent at minmaxing, if anything I'm worried that I might make something that's underpowered simply because I liked the concept too much.

>trying to make a character who arouses other players/posters rather than actually playing the setting.
I made my character with [fun] in mind and to sort of match the tone that other people were going for.

The game is supposed to range from 'oh my that was slightly titillating' to 'full on ERP' based on what people want, to make something that refuses to even allow for the potential of either would be being a stick in the mud / wet blanket. No one likes a wet blanket.
>>
So has anyone made a shortstack yet
>>
>>50721033
>Except none of those races are "I'm the only one that exists in the world"
The jel might qualify for that, but it's at least plausible as a one-off because fleshforges are used to make shit like golems or one-off monsters.
>>
>>50720994
How dare fantasy be fantastic. Human commoners only. No fun allowed.
>>
>>50721054
Nope, just a qt ratfolk
but I wish
>>
>>50721033
>As it stands the most "optimized" character is a human destruction sphere caster
The most optimized was Version 1 NToRacle with his +55 to any skill at level 3.
>>
Is the Blood of the Beast PDF in the pastebin? I can't seem to find it but I know it has some vigilante shit I might want.
>>
>>50721033
>As it stands the most "optimized" character is a human destruction sphere caster

Why does everyone give shit to Destruction blasters for being minmaxy? Even 2hu.
>>
>>50721112
Depends on what you consider "most".

Doesn't matter, because NToRacle is also human. The whole "using exotic races to cheese shit" argument doesn't work in PF because humans ARE the strongest race.
>>
>>50721078
Nice argument there sport, you don't sound like a fucking idiot at all.
>>
Do Druids have any must have feats before Natural Spell?
>>
>>50721136
It's true, he even had 3 human racial feats.
>>
>>50721137
I'm not the one complaining about how others choose to have fun because it offends my delicate sensibilities.
>>
>>50721135
Easy scape goat, I guess.

Seriously sphere blasting went from "it's shit" to "FUCKING OP!! DELETE THIS PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE E.Flux PSYCHIC ARMORY BEHIND THE CURTAIN" real fucking fast.
>>
File: 1471438983031.jpg (41KB, 302x389px) Image search: [Google]
1471438983031.jpg
41KB, 302x389px
>>50721136
>humans ARE the strongest race

Wyrwoods, strixes, syrinxes, half-giants/dreige...
>>
>>50721184
One of the strongest races without getting into legit cheese territory. There are other strong races sure, but humans ARE up there.
>>
>>50721184
Still often fail to compete unless they're a giant fucking ball of stats or have goofy shit like good natural fly speeds.
>>
File: 1478730977469.jpg (585KB, 1259x947px) Image search: [Google]
1478730977469.jpg
585KB, 1259x947px
>>50721180
Optimized Destruction blasting is way stronger than Elemental Flux PsyArms.
>>
>>50721203
That's exactly what those races are.
>>
>>50721203
>>50721210
The power of being a human comes from getting a feat.

Elves are still better for wizards because they can get 2 spell focus bonus feats at level 1.
>>
File: drama_free_daren.jpg (25KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
drama_free_daren.jpg
25KB, 500x375px
Quick, what do I need to read to learn how to gm?

Is the 'Gamemastering' section in the core rulebook + a level appropriate module stolen off the internet enough to get started?
>>
As long as exotic race is not used as a roleplaying crutch
You need to be more than that
>>
>>50721210
Yep, and they're typically only 'more powerful' at the earliest of levels. The bonus feat from being a human is pretty fucking good.
>>
>>50721204
And an unoptimized destruction caster is weaker than a warrior with a bow and fucking haste. See the problem?

It's like people find it offensive that a caster who spends all their shit on being an inefficient damage dealer can actually deal damage. But this argument has been done to death already.
>>
>>50720742
My BEST campaign, bar none, was when I told my fucking players that they could only play humans.

Instead of letting their race carry them in RP, they actually fucking made personalities and stories for their characters.

It never happened again.
>>
>>50721253
>things that never happened for 1000 alex.
>>
>>50721227
Some races have abilities totally stronger than a feat.
>>
>>50721264
I play with normies, so it's much more likely than you think, oh cynical anon.
>>
>>50721252
>It's like people find it offensive that a caster who spends all their shit on being an inefficient damage dealer

1. They still have room left over for utility.
2. It's not even inefficient.
>>
>>50721267
Yes, this is true.
>>
What's the best skin walker variant for each race in your opinion?

For me I'm liking:
>elf
Werebat
>dwarf
Werebear
>halfling
Wererat
>human
Werewolf
>Orc
Wereboar
>hobgoblin
Werebat
>goblin
Wererat
>gnome
Wereshark
>>
>DM allows Spheres of Power
>can't think of how to set up a destruction blaster on roll20
I guess as a ranged attack against touch?
>>
>>50721275
>1. They still have room left over for utility.
No nearly as much as a Vancian sorcerer or a Psionic character. Destruction requires A LOT of talents to be good.
>2. It's not even inefficient.
Yes it is. Energy Resistance, Spell Resistance, DR. There are ways to get around these things and they all eat up talents and feats and at the end of the day. An archer is still clearing threats with less resource expenditure. It's just that when you do something, you do it BIG.
>>
Here is a list of bonus feats core races can get.

Humans:
Any
Skill Focus x3
Skill Focus
Weapon Focus

Elves:
Spell Focus (two different ways, can get it twice, but one only for conjuration, illusion, or transmutation)
Skill Focus
Run

Dwarves:
Toughness
Endurance
Iron Will

Gnome:
None

Half-elves:
Skill Focus
Exotic Weapon Proficiency
Martial Weapon Proficiency
Psychic Sensitivity

Halfling:
None

Half-orc:
Endurance
>>
>>50721312
>No nearly as much as a Vancian sorcerer or a Psionic character. Destruction requires A LOT of talents to be good.

Vancian and psionic dudes need to spend tons of slots/PP on combat anyway.

>Yes it is. Energy Resistance, Spell Resistance, DR. There are ways to get around these things and they all eat up talents and feats and at the end of the day.

Take Stone Blast, call it a day. DR isn't going to stop enemies from dying.
>>
>>50721337
Don't forget Holy Smite to make it all sacred damage.
>>
>>50721337
>Take Stone Blast, call it a day. DR isn't going to stop enemies from dying.
Yes it fucking will.
>Vancian and psionic dudes need to spend tons of slots/PP on combat anyway.

So do destruction casters.

Because you know, that's what they fucking do.
>>
>>50721363
1.Requires your character to be good
2.Requires your DM to sign off on the advanced talent.
>>
>>50721272
Then your problem is that your players can't write. This would happen whether or not they were limited by their race or not.
>>
>>50721319
Just by looking at those lists, the best options would be Human for variability, Dwarf for martials like Fighters or Barbarians, and Half-Elves for weirder crap.
>>
>>50721337
>Take Stone Blast, call it a day. DR isn't going to stop enemies from dying.
When did 10d6 or at best 10d6+15-20 BEFORE DR suddenly become god tier "instant death" while the kineticst is still ass?
>>
>>50721404
Elves for wizards.
>>
>>50721364
>Yes it fucking will.

DR 5 against... what, 80 damage? Yeah right.

>So do destruction casters.
Destruction casters don't even need to spend that much SP on it.
>>
Do you prefer themed campaigns, or free-form ones?

We're starting a themed one that is a human-only, no-caster mage hunter campaign and I'm pretty excited to play in it.
>>
I keep hearing that PsyArms can be built for really good damage. How?

If it has something to do with Ele Flux, doubly how?
>>
>>50721411
When you're doing it at level 5 all-day?

Besides, it's not even 10d6.
>>
>>50721449
>Destruction casters don't even need to spend that much SP on it.
Yes they do. By level 10 they really fucking do. Those empowered and quickened blasts get pricey.
>>
>>50721454
My point is that Destruction Casters are impressive at low levels, but taper off quickly in effectiveness as other martial damage options come online and HP bloat starts happening.
>>
>>50721452
So what I generally say is that the vast majority of players can't play freeform/sandbox games. They aren't good enough at making their own goals to actually have a clear direction and end up floundering until you hand them something

I generally theme mind around a concept. Like military, intrigue, court politics, mercenaries, sailors, etc.
>>
>>50721480
I completely agree.

>Create world that your players could easily play in for the next 2 years
>They just flounder around getting into barroom brawls until an NPC gives them a quest
>>
>>50721466
>>50721476
I'm not even talking about Empowered/Quickened blasts, kid.
>>
>>50721124
Yep. Player companion, second from the bottom.
>>
File: jewarf.jpg (36KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
jewarf.jpg
36KB, 480x360px
Need a help with a build. My buddy and me are going to play a dwarf campaign (two players), so that limits what we can do and I need to juggle three roles: The Tank, The Face and The Rogue (Traps & Locks). No 3pp.

I was thinking of going Unchained Rogue. Dwarf (maybe some alternative stats, so I don't get -2 Cha). Any good ideas? Remember, I will be upfront, maybe get a flank from summons, and will do all the talking and Disable Device.
>>
>>50721536
An Incanter/Sorc/Elementalist at level 10 is doing something to the tune of 19d6+50 damage with a destructive blast for a full-round or a spell point with the right equipment. 116 damage, un-augmented before saves are passed, DR, and resitance

The average CR 10 monster has 130 hit points

OMG so OP.

Again, what the fuck is wrong with a damage focused character doing damage anyway?
>>
>>50721536
Now you're just full of shit, because that does pathetic damage un augmented outside of rusty dagger shank town.
>>
>>50721577
The Tank is a misnomer in Pathfinder as pinning enemies down doesn't really work like that.

Play an Heretic Inquisitor with the Conversion Inquisition and then use Wisdom of the Flesh to add Wisdom to Disable Device.

Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Stealth, and Disable Device now key off your wisdom. Add in Sense Motive.

Also take the Trap Finder trait:
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/campaign-traits/mummy-s-mask/trap-finder

So you can handle magical traps like a rogue would.

You now have Rogue and Face handily covered. PLUS you have a good spell list for utility and great class features.
>>
>>50721622
Isn't that campaign-specific, and thus kinda meant to be stronger?
>>
So I was making a ROTJR character and had planned to post the sheet when it's finished, but it looks like I'll be too busy to work on it the next couple days. Rather than show off the super rough draft, I'm just going to post the bullet points and look for some general feedback.

>character is a female tiefling in a family of humans in Rozenport
>treated like dirt for it, particularly by bitchy sister
>only her father, an occult investigator/alchemist/Sincomakti prof. treats her nice
>serious daddy issues result, thinks he is the greatest thing ever
>wants to be just like daddy, grows up to be a researcher/alchemist and even manages to become a junior prof. at Sincomakti
>meanwhile, sister becomes a housewife, pops out some kids
>one of these kids, a daughter, grows up to also think that being an occult investigator/alchemist/Sincomakti prof. is the greatest thing ever
>thinks her aunt is awesome as a result and doesn't care about the whole tiefling thing
>serious niece issues result
>meanwhile, dad has gone missing investigating rumors of cult activity
>character wants to go look for him, niece wants to go on awesome adventure
>lets the niece come, though she knows it's the worst idea ever
>they set out, but are predictably apprehended by cultists, who do Very Bad Things to both of them
>character and niece are discovered dumped on the road weeks later, both are unconscious, character wakes up a few days later, niece never wakes up and is still comatose
>character is now wracked with guilt, has frightening visions and nightmares, and is plagued by bad memories of what happened
>family naturally hates her guts now
>resigns from Sincomakti to devote herself to full-time looking for a cure for the niece
>nothing in Ustalav works
>decides to venture beyond Ustalav to continue searching
>is starting to think she needs to look beyond Avistan entirely

Character itself is an Investigator|Occultist, though I don't have too much experience with gestalts or third party.
>>
>>50721635
Nothing about campaign specific ones are inherently stronger. I would still suggest this over rogue even without Trap Finder.
>>
>>50721635
It's fine unless you take finding your kin.
>>
>>50721581
Rocket tag
>>
>>50721636
Careful anon, you'll trigger that guy what hates fun.
>>
>>50721676
Something that would exist with or without the destruction caster.

And as I have shown, they aren't even killing at CR threats with their basic blasts.

The Sorcerer is dazing them all for a few rounds, the Wizard is black tentacle and save or sucking them to death, the barbarian is mauling everything he charges at with pounce at this level.
>>
File: 1470357882946.gif (885KB, 459x410px) Image search: [Google]
1470357882946.gif
885KB, 459x410px
>>50721581
>>50721593
Depends on whether or not the GM allows Blood Havoc/orc bloodline arcana.
>>
>>50721718
>the Wizard is black tentacle and save or sucking them to death

This isn't actually that reliable, monster saves and immunities are stronk, and CMD is too high for Black Tentacles most of the time.
>>
>>50721723
That math was assuming those things were allowed.

Destruction becomes HAHAHAHA JUST USE A BOW FAG, tier without those past level 5.
>>
>>50721729
>is isn't actually that reliable, monster saves and immunities are stronk
And guess who also has to deal with those?

The destruction caster.
>>
>>50721729
>This isn't actually that reliable

Alone? No.
But a single cast of Black Tentacle slows them down, then you cast Web, Grease and Glitterdust (all of them low level spells) and watch them squirm uselessly throughout the rest of combat.
>>
>>50721723
So I just looked at Blood Havoc, and it only seems to work if you're a Sorcerer, since it specifies "Sorcerer or Bloodrager spells". So, sadly, you can't just dip a level of Sorcerer and then go into a different class for blasting.
>>
>>50721149
shameless self bump for my shameful question
>>
What's the best psionic class/archetype for wisdom-based bow use?
>>
>>50721790
I think eldritch heritage would work for that sort of purpose.

>>50721807
PsyArm. Its just way too good, that you can disregard marksman entirely.
>>
The "All Day" meme only ever really doesn't matter when your GM allows for the 15 minute adventuring work day. The game has in built assumptions that resources are supposed to run thin after a point. It's simply a fact however than 95% of GMs never attempt to push players to this point.

Many players claim to want this as well, but once they start feeling the resource strain they panic and back out.

Casters of course have ways to get themselves into "relative" safety. However these methods are fragile until higher levels (a rope trick isn't exactly safe for instance). Also even if this allows the player's time to stop it does nothing to slow down the narrative. I've seen GMs who just let players camp for 8 hours in monster infested caves, in a dungeon. I've seen GMs who never have time sensitive events. When I tell players that "Well, you can rest, but likely X will happen by the time you finish" many throw a fit.

So I'm not going to argue about Caster vs Martial stuff. I argue that the 15 minute adventuring day is a hell of our own design.
>>
>>50721790
See>>50721738
The build gets way worse if you take those away, That "not killing an at CR threat" with a basic blast turns from "barely killed it and could do so for resources" to "scratched it and needs resources to barely kill it".

I really don't see what the fuss is about.I guess anything to turn heat away from muh Path of War.
>>
>>50721780
>Slows them down.

Uh. No it doesn't? If it fails the CMB check then it does diddly squat.
>>
>>50721749
Destruction gets to plink at Reflex, the lowest save, and even if they make the save, they take half damage.
>>
>>50721882
> they take half damage.
Which is going to be pathetic, and weak saves can still get pretty bloated.
>>
>>50721882
Reflex or Touch AC, which is also often bad because natural armor is the AC-padding of choice.
>>
>>50721827
Haven't I seen this exact post written by someone a few weeks ago?
>>
>>50721846
Okay, fine, Grease, then Web, then Black Tentacles. Either way, not many things are getting through that.
>>
>>50721882
>>50721899
Oh yeah, and if you're hitting Touch, then you're likely not applying a Shape, which means Focused Blast kicks in for another tasty pile of damage.
>>
>>50721899
See
>>50721898
I guess gunsligners are god tier.

Even in our "best case" scenario with a very generous DM that allows Orc Blood+Blood Havoc, you're not killing at CR threats in 1 hit.

116/2=58.
>>50721910
Okay so with focused blast that turns into 123 damage with a basic touch attack blast.

YOU STILL ARE NOT KILLING AN AT CR ENEMY.
>>
If I wanted to start playing/GMing PF but only wanted to stick to the paizo core books would this be a impediment to organizing a new group?
>>
>>50721910
>>50721929
Oh and since we're now only hitting one guy, we can start comparing this to the half giant Zweisent with the colossal Nodachi and rising zenith strike.
>>
>>50721942
Probably not.
>>
>>50721909
>Grease
A level 1 spell's DC isn't going to be that amazing, reflex save or not. Also, it's a 10ft square, you can literally move out of it regardless of where it lands on you unless there's a wall in the way without having to make the DC TEN acrobatics check to not fall over.

>>50721929
The DESTRUCTION OP memeing is mostly stemming from the 'burn absofuckinglutely everything I have' tactic, which leaves you on the brink of fucking death and is usually not a very smart idea. And still foilable. Hell, a Smash From The Air guy can just bat it away without blinking.
>>
File: 1479154678832.jpg (4MB, 3500x3500px) Image search: [Google]
1479154678832.jpg
4MB, 3500x3500px
>>50721929

You know that there are a lot more games at level 5 than at level 9, right?

Most games never even hit level 9.
>>
>>50721804
Anon, no one can answer you because no one plays druids. They're one of the least supported classes.
>>
>>50721958
>Smash From The Air
I keep hearing about this feat, is it actually any good? Like, what makes it so great?
>>
>>50721971
If a spell has an attack roll you can just cut it from the air.
>>
>>50721942
Depends on how new the party is to the system. If at least some of them are being introduced to Pathfinder in general with the formation of this party then I'd say yes so as to not swamp the players with options, but if you know that many of them are going to be experienced "veterans", so to speak, in character creation then allowing 3pp stuff should be fine.

This also depends on how able YOU are at understanding those systems as well. If you can't handle the sheer number of options available when including 3pp material then wean yourself into it by just starting with core.
>>
>>50721969
People talk a lot about this, but no one actually has any statistic to back up their claims. My last three games were:
>level 16 (player)
>level 15 + mythic (GM)
>level 16 (player)
>level 20 (player)
>>
>>50721942
Nah, as much as we shit on piazo and their choices, you can stick to 1pp only games and still have fun. Just keep in mind all "unchained" classes are strictly better then there base and encourage players to use those instead.
>>
>>50721958
>The DESTRUCTION OP memeing is mostly stemming from the 'burn absofuckinglutely everything I have' tactic

Absolutely fucking not.

https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/48382763/#48382882

This doesn't even use Blood Havoc/orc bloodline.
>>
>>50721958
This isn't even a burn absolutely everything build either.

Again, destruction is super fucking fallible even if you optimis it. It becomes laughable if you don't, like blasting in pathfinder in general is.
>>50721969
>moving goal posts
You're barely out of shanktown at that point. At 5 you're killing CR threats handily. Just like very other fucking class worth a damn.
>>
>>50721929
Gibbing equal cr monsters should not be the norm anyway
They are meant to somewhat your equals
>>
>>50721988
You're a blessed player.

Look at basically every Roll20 for Pathfinder, even /pfg/'s.

They all start at low levels and then die a few months later, never even hitting level 9.
>>
>>50721997
In Pathfinder yes it is.

The expectation is that any damage focused character is killing threats in 1-2 rounds.

Destruction casters do that just fine.
>>
>>50722001
I think that's more indicative of online games than games on a whole. Even then there are roll20 games that start higher than 5.
>>
>>50721971
You know Parry and Riposte, one of the few neat-ass things about Swashbuckler?

It's that, for ranged attacks (And no riposte). With no expenditure except the AoO you use to attack it with.

Oh sorry, my mistake. CUT From the Air is that.

SMASH from The Air is the upgrade which lets it work on touch-attack spells or SIEGE ATTACKS.

It lets martials do what they SHOULD be able to, do shit like punch cannonshots and cut through hurled boulders.

It's fucking S-tier
>>
>>50721970
>They're one of the least supported classes
I don't know what you mean by this.
Like they don't get new content often, or people just don't like them?
>>
>>50722005
1 round no
2 rounds yes
>>
>>50721993
Well, with a couple of exceptions.
Barbarian is a toss-up; it's better if you're playing something that suffers with morale bonuses (like Androids or Ghorans, who can't benefit from them) or if you constantly forget that your extra HP can kill you once you stop raging (whereas THP can't do that), and is also more versatile in allowing you to play a DEXbarian because the damage bonus is stat-agnostic, but if you're a two-handed melee dude then technically normal Barbarian is better.
Rogue is flat-out better, so use that.
Monk is weird in that it's way more modular and basically uses Quiqqong (the best archetype) as its baseline, but then it goes and has a bad Will save and has most archetype unstackable for it. So that's a toss-up.
Summoner is the one with the most support from Paizo (since Unchained Summoner is basically "PFS bitched at us and we're too pussy to actually fix the class"), but it's the only one that's actually WORSE than the Chained version because you're flavor-locked to an eidolon.
>>
>>50721997
"Meant to be your equals" is actually an APL+4 encounter, not an APL one; if your party were to face against itself, it would be as tough as a dragon, for clarification.
>>
>>50722026
And the destruction caster I posted does so.

Even the 2hu build you posted doesn't 1 round a CR 5 creature on a failed save unless they're evil, though they're going to be hurting.
>>
>>50722009
Alright, that actually sounds really cool. So would that mean it's actually able to compete with Path of War counters, since working off of AoOs means that Combat Reflex users allows it to be spammed more easily?
>>
>>50722043
2hu build doesn't use Blood Havoc/orc bloodline.
>>
File: 1480568357464.jpg (100KB, 720x681px) Image search: [Google]
1480568357464.jpg
100KB, 720x681px
>>50722025
Y'know how shit like wizards constantly get new spells, and feats, and abilities to do moar / new shit. prestige classes, archetypes etc?

That's all "support".

Druids get almost none of that because reasons.
>>
>>50722029
I did forget about the weird shit with Unchained Barb and how U. Summoner was basically a "nurfed" version.
>>
>>50722068
Yes.

It doesn't one shot CR threats with Blood Havoc

It doesn't one shot CR threats without Blood Havoc.

It only one shots threats with an optional alignment locked advanced talent or metamagic.

The complaints about destruction sphere amounts to "it does it's fucking job now".
>>
File: 1471992613591.jpg (476KB, 1920x2652px) Image search: [Google]
1471992613591.jpg
476KB, 1920x2652px
Feck, sorry for repeat post.

>Roll stats
>13, 8, 16, 11, 13, 16
>10000-Audible-giga-whats.jpeg

So Paladin or Sorc I guess?
>>
>>50722005
>>50722043
Even initiators can take out only one or two enemies at a time.

Destruction? A bunch of enemies.
>>
>>50722090
>It doesn't one shot CR threats with Blood Havoc
Yes it does.
>>
>>50722071
Yeah, I didn't notice that until now. Druids don't get much love in that regard huh? It's not like wizards haven't gotten love despite being the way they are.
>>
>>50722041
Read gm book again
Apl+4 is meant to be almost impossible
>>
>>50722104
Blood Havoc adds a grand total of of 5 more points of damage, due to being CR 5. Maybe 10, if you really get those dice rolling. 10 damage is not going to make much of any difference.
>>
>>50722098
Assuming they all clump together like retards.

And so do other casters?
>>50722104
See
>>50721929
>>50721581
At level 5 it is, but so is everything else that flexes its ass cheek.
>>
>>50722051
Yep.

There IS actually a few things within 1pp that let martials have counter-reaction responses to things now.

Few and limited, but they're there.

Also of note is Amateur Swashbuckler to get Dodging Panache to break an enemy's full-attack. Probably Combat Stamina too, so you can use Stamina to power it instead of panache. Plus you get Derring-Do out of the arrangement too which isn't too shabby all told.

>>50722098
Not without burning some higher resources they aren't.
>>
>>50722071
Actually yeah, that is pretty disappointing. I love Druids too.
>>
>>50722134
>>50722107
Druids have some pretty cool shit going on, but a lot of people don't know what to do with them. I mean, you could be like the perfect slasher movie villain as a druid, moreso if you gave up some spellcasting for sneak attack or favored enemies.
>>
>>50722108
If it's in the middle of a dungeon or something, yes. If it's the only encounter in a day, APL+4 is not terribly hard to beat unless the party is very low level, like level 1s taking on a Fire Drake or something.

Source: Had my level 4 party take on multiple CR 8 encounters as one per day fights while traveling, they were fine.
There was even one that was APL+5 that I expected them to retreat from, but they pulled through, and I'm the only one in my group who tries to optimize things.
>>
>>50722148
I see Druids as combination CC and buffers, with good melee abilities considering their 3/4 BAB and weapon proficiencies.
>>
>>50722168
Vital strike druids can get pretty nasty if they do shit like turn into dinosaurs.
>>
>tfw good old fashioned game balance 'tism
Don't call it comeback.
>>
>>50722156
Or maybe it is because people make stronger characters than this fucking clown rulesets assumed because the rules are fucking 20 years old and paizo are fucking jokes
>>
>>50722180
I've always liked the idea, but I can never seem to find a way to justify my character knowing what dinosaurs are.
>>
>>50722195
>They're been here for years
>>
>>50722111
>Blood Havoc adds a grand total of of 5 more points of damage

Except it's doing more than 5 dice of damage.

Add orc bloodline too.

>>50722130
Again, Blood Havoc/orc bloodline.
>>
File: 1480568248255.jpg (209KB, 746x972px) Image search: [Google]
1480568248255.jpg
209KB, 746x972px
>>50722206
It's not a mystery to druids.
>>
>>50722216
Not the guy you're arguing with, but is every person who uses Destruction going to have Blood Havoc and the Orc bloodline?

The answer is no
>>
>>50722228
Then we shouldn't be talking about people one-shotting monsters as a baseline.
>>
>>50722228
Orc bloodline,no
Primal X and Blood Havoc, literally no reason not if its allowed.
>>
All of this talk of CR encounters is also assuming an empty environment encounter as well, my group will sometimes take a look at individual creatures and wonder how in the world two can both be in the same category as each other, but what I find they often fail to realize is that not only are certain monsters just inherently strong against certain party builds, but often those creatures that have a low CR are supposed to be placed in an environment that gives it benefits that other creature wouldn't get.

Think of it this way, put your average, say, level 6 character up against a bonestorm, a giant octopus, a tenebrous worm, and a Treant (all CR 8 encounters), that PC is probably going to stomp at least one of them with little to no issue, and have moderate difficulties with the others. But once you put the Giant Octopus in the oceans where it can dip and dive while the PCs wait in their boat, or once you summon the Bonestorm in a field of dead bodies where it'll gain HP back every other turn, THAT is when they truly become a challenge worthy of their CR.
>>
>>50722239
So basically every destruction caster is a Sorcerer?
>>
>>50722228
Not the same guy either, and I don't even like balance discussions, but when makings argument about damage potential all cards should be on the table, if only to see the Cap and how much is lost when something is taken away.
>>
>>50722251
Takes a sorcerer dip. Same for every Paizo blaster.
>>
>>50722206
It makes sense if dinosaurs continue to exist in certain habitats especially if the meteor that brought their extinction didn't happen.
>>
>>50722206
Dinosaurs, big lizards.
Dragons, big lizards that breathe fire.
Tarrasques, big lizards that /tg/ likes to use as a baseline on how minmax'd their character's dicks are.
>>
>>50718944
The group i DM in had no name for a long time. Our fighter bought a pidgeon in a desperate attempt to train it to be a fierce companion. His first role on handle animal, which he made to bring the pigeon to learn doing backflips was a natural 1. It broke it´s neck, or he did in the attempt training it i´m not sure anymore. He kept the pigeon corpse with him and continously tried to feed it since he couldn´t be convinced that his little companion (Leonidas the First, yes he bought a second one) died. As the group approached an area with an extremely haunted area which would raise the dead every night, he buried his pigeon in front of the evil in the can monument. At that point he had an undead pigeon which constantly tried to eat him and they dubbed their group the 'Pigeon Knights'.
>>
File: 1470962449460.png (1MB, 2500x2200px) Image search: [Google]
1470962449460.png
1MB, 2500x2200px
>>50722228
Eh, Spherecasters can also make great blasters. Especially after going full nova hard enough to become unconscious in a single casting.

pic related.
>>
File: tiefling.jpg (64KB, 564x775px) Image search: [Google]
tiefling.jpg
64KB, 564x775px
>>50721712
I'd probably consider that a positive.
>>
File: Baked Raven.jpg (949KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
Baked Raven.jpg
949KB, 2048x1365px
>>50721149
No. But there are variants. Like, Natural Spell isn't a "must have" for melee-focused goliath druid. And Augment Summoning is mandatory for summoning-focused druid. If that's what you want to play.
>>
File: ZoSlLl0.png (377KB, 500x510px) Image search: [Google]
ZoSlLl0.png
377KB, 500x510px
>>50722309
>mfw our shota kitsune went full megumin in one encounter and we played with his tail while he was unconscious.
>>
>>50721149
Proxy Summoning is kinda handy because Druids having spontaneous casting by default.
>>
>>50722356
Gay
>>
>>50720295
I had a character(gypsy-style kitsune oracle of the Dark Tapestry) I actually did get to play for a while in a high-level, high power campaign. It was one of those "The gods died, you are all becoming the new gods" deals, and we were closing in on the person who had stolen most of their power. The GM even had us work out domains, signature weapon, all that good stuff. Then the campaign got put on hold due to one of the players moving. That was maybe three years ago now, and some of the players from then are no longer even around the area anymore..

Related to this, we've been playing through RotRL recently, but with the power levels jacked up to 11. Namely, the GM threw out WBL(at level 14 right now, we have 4x a level 20's WBL), and added Mythic tiers as well. Well I happened to notice that if you take the right mythic path options as a divine caster, you effectively become a deity in fact, if not in name. With the GM's permission, I retired the character I had been playing(he was a mercenary, and with with the amount of money he'd collected, he decided to retire rather than risk any more danger) and brought in a re-build copy of the same kitsune gypsy oracle I'd played before, so I could finally finish that part of the characters story and let her ascend like I'd originally worked out.

Well, we're getting close to the end, and so far it's looking like we won't even get to mythic tier 4, which is when she was supposed to pick up her first domains, so that's twice now her personal story of ascension has gotten derailed.
>>
File: smuggest of lolis.png (1MB, 1280x595px) Image search: [Google]
smuggest of lolis.png
1MB, 1280x595px
>>50722441
>not liking girly shota dicks and fluffy tails

where do you think you are?
>>
>>50722481
Sorry but I only like fat tiddies and thick booties
>>
File: T H I C C.jpg (774KB, 1372x3016px) Image search: [Google]
T H I C C.jpg
774KB, 1372x3016px
>>50722487
that's fine too
>>
File: 1350935729639.png (427KB, 851x714px) Image search: [Google]
1350935729639.png
427KB, 851x714px
Wait, what's this about hating meek/shy characters now? I feel like this is Milf/Thiccposters new meme.
>>
>>50722516
Reactionary roleplaying is lazy
>>
>>50722516
That rant didn't even last more than about 4 posts. I'm pretty sure thiccposters are still the worst we have to deal with.
>>
>>50722539
It's all reactionary you fag
>>
>>50722539
What really sucks about it is that you'd expect, by sheer dint of senpai ACTUALLY NOTICING YOU, the player and their character might grow out of it.

But nope, fucker just kept mewling and whinging and never fucking DOING anything even when I had his bitch's crush actually being receptive to advances.

Fuck me for trying to actually progress a character arc, right?
>>
>>50722539
Just because a character is shy doesn't mean it's lazy or reactionary, they can still have driving force and the player can still "yes, and" the situation.
>>
File: 1479046608280.jpg (200KB, 730x1095px) Image search: [Google]
1479046608280.jpg
200KB, 730x1095px
Will I get slammed as an edgelord for playing a Quiet Vishkanya Rogue in a low/exotic magic setting?
>>
>>50722353
That is a fantastic birb
>>
>>50722564
Its not real romance if does not take 500 chapters of waffling about and MISUNDERSTANDINGS
>>
>>50722635
Depends how prominent they are in the setting
>>
>>50718944
>The Gang goes Dragon Hunting
>>
File: Nena.jpg (44KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Nena.jpg
44KB, 500x281px
>>50719110
I agree.
Nena was *almost* as best a girl as Exia.
>>
>>50719360
He doesn't. He very much does not. The idea of preparing to waste an entire evening on frivolities comes close to actually pissing him off outright, and given half a chance he'll actively try to crash or ruin such a party if he thinks there's any chance it would get even a handful of these people back to work.

He doesn't even *KNOW* them, but none of that matters. They should be working. He should be working. EVERYONE SHOULD BE WORKING.

honestly he needs to fucking mellow out.
>>
File: Giga Wave - Muzzleflash.png (417KB, 1361x637px) Image search: [Google]
Giga Wave - Muzzleflash.png
417KB, 1361x637px
>>50721581
>116.5DPR
>At level 10.

You really need to get a second shot in there somehow, because that's just pathetic.
>>
>>50723111
Part of the problem with Destruction sphere talks is that nobody but 2hu can just sit down and write a build.

And even if 2hu writes a build, someone will bitch about "BUT WHAT IF THE GM DOESN'T ALLOW (THING)?"
>>
>>50722009
One problem I have with that one is that there's no equivalence for a ranged martial that's just as heavily invested.

A fucking Laser Cannon can literally do nothing against this, because melee bonuses stack up higher than ranged, and non-bows with touch-targeting have even less bonuses (understandable), but with this particular ability, only the highest attack roll total matters. And it's impossible to get as many ranged attacks as AoOs on even TWO fully built characters by higher levels sometimes.

So basically you're getting that ki-boosted energy beam with just as much of your life-force, skill, experience and all that put into it as the guy with his knife, but the guy with the knife still gets to counter even your natural 20s with a stick he finds on the ground, even though said energy weapon literally punches a 5' hole through 2000ft of solid adamantine cliff-face as if it wasn't there.

If cut/smash would at LEAST count as a sunder (or at least not let you autocounter those as well) I wouldn't have a problem with the thing....
>>
>>50722051
The AoO counters mean you actually shut down entire parties of Initiator PCs because they get A strike and you get 1+STAT attacks of opportunity per round.

If you've got weapon training, then it's basically gonna be a 95% chance against any attack - and even when that fails they still have to beat your AC and miss chances as well.
>>
File: LImpkrz.jpg (79KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
LImpkrz.jpg
79KB, 1280x960px
>>50722098
Uh, actually.... there's some very specific initiator builds that are specialized in... shall we say 'battlefield control' that way.
>>
>>50723154
Yeah, but how many people actually use lasers? That's a pretty niche case all things considered; I feel worse for people like Kineticists or the like, who outright get their toys taken away from them with a guy who has Smash From The Air and Spellcut.
>>
Hypothetically, how would you put an Abyssal girl together. I'm thinking they would probably be tiefling with either a psion or summoner class?
>>
File: Tanktop_Tiefling.jpg (363KB, 668x929px) Image search: [Google]
Tanktop_Tiefling.jpg
363KB, 668x929px
>>50723261
Demon-spawn tiefling for that glorious +2 strength and charisma, and either antipaladin or summoner. another option is abyssal bloodrager or abyssal bloodline sorcerer.
>>
>>50723274
One of my wip character ideas actually is female dwarf diva cursed with abyssal bloodraging
It is such a fun class
>>
>>50718944
Crimson Crusaders
>>
File: xqVb7Ox.jpg (228KB, 597x450px) Image search: [Google]
xqVb7Ox.jpg
228KB, 597x450px
>>50718944
The Firestarters, because we started the fire for our wreckage brother as our first mission.

My bloodrager is a big girl for you
>>
>>50719360
Breastplate over clerical vestments
>>
>>50723380
With nipple dents?
>>
What new kitsune subraces do you want to see that aren't already in Bloodforge: Infusions?
>>
>>50723453

Ones with -10 hit points.
>>
File: 1480130035002.jpg (256KB, 812x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1480130035002.jpg
256KB, 812x1000px
Hello friends, I am considering retiring a Witch I am playing from a campaign to potentially play another character.
My witch really has no motive to continue staying with the party. In fact at this stage she has a good reason to actually leave and return to hiding.
I am currently really enjoying her non-combat utility, and would like to play a role that is equally if not more focused around a similar paradigm, but has slightly different gameplay to keep it challenging and fun.
I am thinking of maybe an oracle as the party lacks a dedicated healer
An occultist because it seems cool an interesting in the flavortext
an inquisitor or investigator because it would suit the current story arc (party is doing investigation/political intrigue stuff)
or least, a basic old cleric.
3rd party is banned in this campaign unless the stuff is nicely balanced and seems appropriate.
I'd like to hear your recommendations.
>>
>>50721827
I usually have high cr monsters prowl the dungeon while people sleep. There's even a chance that the boss monster ambushed them with his posse.
>>
>>50723497
You're not playing in an Iron Gods campaign, are you?
>>
File: IMG_0770.jpg (1MB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0770.jpg
1MB, 1200x1600px
>>50722001
That's because strangers are shitty people. Play with your friends, dummy.
>>
>>50723497

Check out the shaman. Lots of witch like utilities that are arguably better at debuffing and has a dedicated healing aspect.
>>
>>50722206
There are dinosaurs in Golarion. Some in the Realm of the Mammoth Lords, and a bunch down in the Hollow Earth-style Underdark layers below the Boring Darkies in the first bit.
>>
>>50722635
No, but your Vishkanya might get slammed
>>
I...
I... kinda want to play with /pfg/
>>
>>50723585

We want to play with you too anon!
>>
>>50723392
No, just an enchanted codpiece to protect against Evil
>>
>>50723585
I want to date rape Anon after the third session of our gestalt Iron Gods/Jade Regent mash-up campaign!
>>
>>50723597
I don't want to play with /pfg/
>>
>>50723515
We're playing a custom campaign made by our GM
admittedly I'm not huge on our current Story arc because our party is really boxed in and every outing is meticulously planned until failure is all but an impossibility (because our GM is unnervingly to exercise the fact that we don't have plot armor to our mentally retarded party leader), so Focusing on combat is not really a priority for me, as we already have a lot of combat-based characters.
my current experience of most encounters has been me casting evil eye or ice tomb on a single enemy for the first round, maybe another on the second, and thats it.
>>50723535
shaman seems interesting. I'll consider that.
>>50723585
M-me too kinda.
this current story arc I'm in is kinda poopy, i'd like to at least spectate other games.
>>
File: 1468382017156.jpg (142KB, 1116x1518px) Image search: [Google]
1468382017156.jpg
142KB, 1116x1518px
>>50723612
Not even if you get to have a blinkling cheerleader boy cohort?
>>
>>50723533
>Not the same guy
I find when you play with friends you can't get anything done in game, they always want to side track, and super bending or breaking every rule is just the norm.
Because it's not fun when you play with your friends

>You have shitty friend
Yeah sure. THUS it's more fun to play with strangers
>>
>>50723274
And she'll know the Abyssal language!
>>
>>50723643
How do you say "plunder my bum" in Abyssal?
>>
>>50723622
Dog-halfling crossbreeds are already gonna be like 3ft tall and you want me to take on one as a cheerleader? I'd get better visibility by putting a pompom on my dick to wave around.
>>
>>50723687
Ysbeilio fy pen ôl
>>
>>50723698

Silly anon, youre suppose to put the blinkling on your dick and wave it around.
>>
>>50723715
If >>50723622 is 3 feet tall, a normal human dick would be as thick as his thigh.
-t. regular dick inspector
>>
>>50723770
And this is a problem how...?
>>
>>50723797
Thighs don't fit in butts.
>>
>>50723811
Not with that attitude!
>>
>>50723811
Then how do Ogres successfully rape humans?

Checkmate, Rahadoumi
>>
>>50723698
On the other hand, if you get a posse of them, they could launch each other really high.
>>
>>50722257
Blood Havoc explicitly only works with Sorcerer and Bloodrager spells and the way it interacts with Spheres is pretty damn gray.
>>
File: bloyd monk.jpg (413KB, 600x862px) Image search: [Google]
bloyd monk.jpg
413KB, 600x862px
Noticed players haven't gotten any new magical items in a while so they're getting magical items/equipment as gifts from a king. Essentially they say what type of thing they desire and roll in said table.

My issue is I can't think of many magical items for the monk. I've honestly rarely played with or as monks so what would be some interesting items for a 10th level monk.

It can be from a pathfinder source or just made up, it can have as much or as little detail as possible.

I'm trying to think of things a little more on the powerful side because our monk is the weakest member in the party, power level wise and player experience (second time he is ever played)
>>
>>50723876
What does he already have?
>>
File: 1479567418813.jpg (108KB, 456x447px) Image search: [Google]
1479567418813.jpg
108KB, 456x447px
>>50719178
Man you are taking Shakespeare's ability in Horizon and making it into a pretty nice sounding class.

Seriously, good job. I'd love to play an entire game of that fucking series. So damn good.
>>
>>50723835
It's called intercrural anon. That and calling them mean names.
>>
Where are the mad scientists of Golarion? The ones who'd do inscrutable things to orphans to try and make psionic super paladins?
>>
>>50723867
+1 Damage to you favored element spell from paizo on the other hand is pretty nice.
>>
>>50723883
thrown, dagger of returning x8
(his backstory involved him being a knife thrower in a traveling circus).

Slipstream Bracer (Slick Bracers of Armor+2 )

Spider Gloves (Allows the user to more effectively climb and do combat maneuvers)

Blink Dagger (Allows the user to up to level/3 times per day to teleport to wherever his dagger is. It is considered a thrown dagger.)

Ring of Survival (If the wearer has less than half health he gains fast healing 2 and gains a +2 to dex and AC

The rest are all utility items that aren't very monk like but more party useful and I was thinking about writing them up but decided against it and deleted them. Right now I'm more worried by his lack of AC and direct damage, so I guess more mobility items or damage would be good. Probably would've been really obvious to put in my previous post but it didn't occur to me what he was lacking til I started actually writing everything out.
>>
>>50724027

give 'im a monk's belt
>>
>>50723253
Lasers were just ONE example anon (and even then the one I know uses the gravitic version), of something where smash from the air is making very little sense.

Energy Kineticists are another good exampe, partly because theirs is always stated to be a mass large enough to count as an AoE versus swarms.
>>
>>50723253
Fun fact: If your weapon was invisible, it and a laser weapon would literally ignore one another's existence.

... Unfortunately smash from the air would still work,
>>
r-rate my character sheet guys
>>
>>50718944
am I autistic or are anyone else really bothered by that sword?
>>
>>50724089
Smash from the Air is overrated, it doesn't even help against Glitterdust.
>>
>>50724248
>it doesn't work on this spell let's ignore that it COMPLETELY FUCKING INVALIDATES TWO MODES OF COMBAT.

It's fucking busted.
>>
>>50724268
>completely invalidates

Yeah, if you spend a ton of feats at it and have the Dex to spare for AoOs.
>>
>tfw writers block
>>
>>50724289
Talk to us anon. What are you trying to do here?
>>
Take a Shadowverse card and turn it into a Pathfinder character.
Hard mode: Humpty Dumpty
>>
File: f10df727ae009eb846fa30b2beff61e3.jpg (450KB, 1928x2633px) Image search: [Google]
f10df727ae009eb846fa30b2beff61e3.jpg
450KB, 1928x2633px
>>50724357
How would you Luna?
>>
>>50724180
whats wrong with your faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace
>>
>>50724351
Just working on a backstory for a character but shit's getting way too long and I'm having trouble coming up with a tasteful way of writing family out of the picture.
>>
>>50724374
Roughly.
>>
>>50724399
Oh, oh, I have one! Have their family disown them for being a psycho!
>>
>>50723770

You do know that Halflings are 3 feet tall and take Human cock all the time, right?

Actually hold up, the logistics of that are kinda getting me confuzzled. Do Halflings actually date big folk in Golarion? How do THEY manage to take the D, and do Halfling girls acquire reputations if they lay with medium-sized humanoids?

Because I'm getting the tickle that a Halfling shortstack size queen that got kicked out of her halfling home for ruining her marriage prospects might have some potential for a character concept - it's a start at least, and certainly would stand out among the others!
>>
>>50724466
No need to worry
Just refer to Alfie as how it goes
>>
>>50724399

Tell us about the character and their family, they could've either died or disowned her or even be distant!
>>
>>50724498
The character is a him.
It's just him and his mother, father disappeared a little before he was born under mysterious circumstances.
>mother nearly dies because burns, kid often burns shit accidentaly just by touching it.
>other kids bully him for it, he tries escaping into to books and stories.
>NPC chick finds kid and helps him stop the bullying, NPC chick also likes all the stories and shit he knows and they become friends over this.
>they grow up, PC falls in love with NPC chick. PC is also ugly motherfucker and knows he doesn't stand a chance without some grand gesture. Decides he's going to be the hero of his own epic.
>in between all this, kid finds journal that belonged to his father. Father had the same "I occasionally burn stuff" problem. Kid figures out harness his own power and do some other shit via !ki magic via combo of notes, training, and meditation.
And now I don't know were to go from here and I'm already at like 500 words.
>>
New thread:
>>50724743
>>50724743
>>50724743
>>50724743
>>
Hi, I have a question.
I want to make a character that takes inspiration from Gambit and Twsited Fate, the whole card magic shenanigans.
My question is. Does anyone have any builds or recomandation on how to build it?
>>
>>50724974
Croupier from Gonzo 2.
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.