[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Big Boss NPC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: MGS3BigBoss.png (90KB, 270x281px) Image search: [Google]
MGS3BigBoss.png
90KB, 270x281px
Hey fa/tg/uys

So I'm GMing a Pathfinder campaign, and there was an NPC I introduced. He was a mercenary company's leader, ex-soldier type, and they called him the big boss. One thing led to another, and he basically became Big Boss.
I came up with a build, but I'm not 100% if it's the most ideal build for a character that's supposed to be Big Boss, and it's not even complete.
What are your thoughts? What (player) classes should I use? Should he multiclass (currently he's Unbreakable 2/Sentinel 4)? What feats and traits should he have? What skills should I focus on putting ranks in? What would be the most reasonable stat spread for him (using the NPC generator stats).
Character is lvl 6 atm
>>
File: BB is autistic.png (1MB, 1194x1359px) Image search: [Google]
BB is autistic.png
1MB, 1194x1359px
>>50713263
Focus on stealth, hand to hand and conventional weapon based combat, survival, language proficiency, tactics and making sure he has really strong physical stats. BB was a smart guy but came across as a bit of a sperg at times in MGS3, so you could also play with that.
>>
Thanks. Actually, the stats might be a bit of a problem, as the stats for NPCs are sort of predetermined to be... eh, all right. He has a 10 in strength, but I chose weapon finesse, considering most if not all the weapons he would use would be affected by the feat, making strength not as necessary. To make up for the average strength, I'm putting a fair amount of points into the physical skills. Does that sound reasonable, or would you advise a better way about it?
If you want to see the current stats, he has 10 str, 16 dex, 14 con, 14 int, 14 wis, 8 cha.
This was the most effective spread I could come up with using the stat spread NPCs are provided.
>>
File: big_boss_salute.jpg (36KB, 720x408px) Image search: [Google]
big_boss_salute.jpg
36KB, 720x408px
>>50715168
It depends if you're doing Big Boss or Naked Snake. The former has INCREDIBLE charisma. That said his wisdom should be low, since ultimately he's in the wrong and interpreted the Boss' will wrong. And his INT should be average too, he's no genius (not a retard either.)
>>
>>50714326

>>50715168 was for you

Also, I was looking at what I gave him; would Improved Initiative be a good move, or should I give him Improved Grapple instead so I can get some related feats later?
>>
>>50715285
Think more a horrible abomination created by merging MGS3 and TTP.
>>
>>50715361
Then his highest stat should be Charisma followed by Constitution (the amount of damage he endured is staggering, even without counting Venom Snake ) Then he's mostly skill based. Extremely proficient in hand to hand and proficiency in most ranged weapon. He's not a weaponmaster though (that's more Grey Fox and Raiden.)

His insane Charisma can't be ignored though, this is a guy who can convince an entire armies worth of captured hostile soldiers to fight for him by his sheer presence. And he did this multiple times.
>>
>>50715446
So instead of prioritizing dex, prioritize charisma and constitution...
I think I can make that work.
But on the whole skill-based character issue, would that suggest that he _should_ have a relatively high intelligence, just for the skill points. Does that sound reasonable?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.