[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/kdg/ Kingdom Death General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 335
Thread images: 24

File: nightmare ram.jpg (51KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
nightmare ram.jpg
51KB, 900x600px
>Old Thread: >>50687806

Kingdom Death is a game.

>which pledge do I get?
Read the kickstarter.
>how is shipping handled?
Read the kickstarter.
>what new expansions are there?
Read the kickstarter.
>why is the game not coming out till 2020?
Read the kickstarter.
>why is this Percival best girl?
Read the kickstarter.
>what is included in the Gamblers Chest?
Read the kickstarter.

>Kickstarter Page: https://www.kickstarter.comprojects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/description
>Adams comments:
https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/poots/comments
>Pledge and addon overview: http://vibrantlantern.com/KDM15/#pledgelevels
>>
Had my first successful face-off (no pun intended) with the Butcher. Only lost one survivor. Thank fucking god though, I hate that bastard. Tips for Kingsman?
>>
>>50707622
Hit him in the sides/back, preferably with daggers or melee reach weapons. Avoid heavy gear. Be prepared for survivors behind him to get buttfucked by multiple 3-damage hits. Bring a shield.
>>
>>50707647
Oh, also if you can find his knee location, hit that bitch with a founding stone asap.
>>
>>50707622
Shields will be extremely useful, like said above. I found having shields on all my survivors trivialized the lvl 1 fight.
>>
>b-b-but we won't reach 7,777,777 for a few days because the rush is over!
Fuck you anon, whoever you are. I was right.
>>
>>50707738
Yeah. You only really need one guy with a shield but the game gets astronomically easier with shields on everyone. Especially with shield spec in play via mastery.

The steel shield is a trap pick tho, unless you're playing a harvestman survivor.
>>
>>50707819

Never played before, but I find it odd that people wouldn't go after shield research ASAP. Idk, going into it, I know the combat can be brutal, and it happens a lot, so one would think the first thing to make after a weapon is something to protect yourself with. I guess it's all about prioritizing research?
>>
I'm going to be moving in between getting my core Gabe and getting expansions. How does shipping work? Will I be able to update my shipping address?
>>
>>50708144
You will have to confirm your shipping adress when they are about to ship.
>>
>>50708144
You'll be able to change the shipping address, Adam knows that it'll take a long time to deliver everything, so that'll be flexible.
>>
Why IS Percival best girl?
>>
>>50708253
Sexy platemail, mostly. Sexy in the practical kind of way.
You know she's a good girl cos she has such a loyal pupper.
>>
>>50707402
Anyone got the updated picture of the minis that arent re-release
>>
>>50708253
Because an extremely powerful monster with a small army of worshippers exists just because it wants to see her again and protect her because he is literally her pet dog who took up the sword when she left
>>
>>50707402
Anyone have pictures how this model looks from behind?
>>
>>50708694
Yeah
>>
>>50708694
Smooth.
>>
>>50708895
>that ass beckoning to come fuck it
No, I mean it literally is. What the fuck Poots?
>>
>>50708938
another angle
>>
>>50708992
A surprising lack of Goatse
>>
>>50709015
Adam has limits, not many, but some apparently.
>>
>>50709073
Gorm
>>
>>50708643
>is the plane of faces hot or cold?
It's whatever you feel most uncomfortable in.
>>
>>50708895
Nightmare Ram is my favorite monster, that sculpt is unsettlingly gorgeous. Mosquito lady looks sweet as hell too.
>>
>>50708643
>is the plane of faces hot or cold?

It's not too warm, as the event for Hands of Heat quite clearly describes.
But it's not exactly freezing either.
>>
Does this seem accurate to everyone? Not 100% sure on the Knights or the Lion God, but other than that I feel it is pretty accurate.

>Node 1
>White Lion, Gorm, Frogdog
Basic quarries that can be taken immediately after the tutorial. No requirements to fight them.
>Node 2
>Antelope, Spidicules, Flower Knight, Oblivion Misquito
A early game hunt. Shows up near the start of the campaign, but an ambitious player willing to set up a custom campaign could throw them into the LY1 slot and start hunting them right away.
>Node 3
>Phoenix, Dung Beetle Knight, Nightmare Ram(?)
These monsters make up the core of your game. The early game is spent building up to start hunting them, with the late game being about improving the efficiency of farming them.
>Node 4
>Dragon King, Sun Stalker, Lion God
Late game monsters with high rewards. Used to gear up before the showdown with the boss of your campaign. Not featured in the core game.
>Node 5
>Watcher(?), Screaming God
Late game bosses. Unlike other nodes there is a hard limit of 1 per game. Fighting it triggers the endgame.

>Nemesis Nodes
>Butcher, Kingsmen, The Hand, Slenderman, Manhunter, Lion Knight, Pariah
Impedes your development. Not able to be hunted by choice (except through innovations), but instead enter your settlement to make life more difficult on you.
>>
>>50709159
Unsettling beauty is a big hallmark for KD sculpts, one of the things I love about it if I'm honest.
>>
>>50708253

Because she is pure, selfless, and her desire to protect people and fight back against the darkness was so strong that even in death she continues to offer aid.

I really, REALLY want there to be a Black Knight expansion of a settlement under the protection of the BK that, learning from it, slowly takes up the mantle of the Black Knights of old.

> The Black Knights were founded by a militaristic settlement that hoped to conqueror the darkness and provide a safe haven for humanity.

We know that the Black Knights embarked on some great crusade and never returned, but we don't know what against. Perhaps that enemy that destroyed the original Black Knight order is the final boss in that game setup.
>>
Exploding Kittens - 219,382 backers - $8,782,571 - $40.03 avg pledge per backer
Kingdom Death: Monster - 14,985 backers - $7,801,034 - $520.59 avg pledge per backer

Dunno if we're gonna break that, we need around 2000 more people pledging at least 500 or people already backing to increase their pledges by $70
>>
>>50709286
Now I'm kinda tempted to do some homebrewing, this is a really, really great concept.
>>
>>50709286
>We know that the Black Knights embarked on some great crusade and never returned, but we don't know what against.

Wouldn't it be great if that mysterious enemy is, in fact, the Lion Knight?
The Lion Knight is created to lead the armies of the Golden Entity. Leading a legion against some human settlement, the Black Knights are called to action to stop him.
In a long and bloody campaign, the Lion Knight and its armies prove superior. But by the end of the slaughter against the human but unrelenting Black Knights, the Lion Knight comes to realize that he doesn't actually understand humans at all. He knows how to fight them, how to kill them, but not what makes them do what they do. What could possibly drive them to sacrifice so much in the defense of others they don't even know?
The question ate away at the Lion Knight so much that he abandoned his post and walked out into the darkness, seeking the answers among the other settlements.
This is why the Lion Knights play is about heroes and villains, with himself cast in the lead role. The nature of heroism and sacrifice is alien to him, but its something he desperately wants to understand.
>>
>>50709773
Doesn't sound too implausible.
>>
>>50709773

> Lion Knight comes to the BK settlement for his usual song and dance routine.
> Starts to set up shop
> The Black Knight appears, and the two knights see each other.

Do you think the Lion Knight would be frenzied by seeing a Black Knight again, after all this time? Or would he be overcome with grief and melodrama by being confronted by the ghost of what he has been chasing after?

"Yes, at last! My true villain. No more rehearsals, this is the climax! This is how our story ends!"
>>
>>50709773
Makes sense, but the target of the crusade would have been the Golden Entity/Holy Lands. Which given their treatment of humans (Wet Nurse, [Grand]Mother, etc.) doesn't seem too implausible for 'free' humans like Percival to have opposed. It would also mean that the Black Knights directly combated the White Knights, which is a plus on theme. Twist: Percival was taken alive and is one of the women in the Lion Knight's retinue.
>>
>>50709911
Both knights have a habit of doing their best motionless statue impressions, which makes for an interesting parallel.

That, and Survivors plus Black Knight versus Serious Business Lion Knight could be a heck of a fight. On one hand, monster on your side tanking most of the hits. On the other hand, potentially strict timer in AI cards before Lion Knight has Black Knight down
>>
>>50709962

It could go either way. While I'm sure the Black Knights would have opposed the Holy Lands, I don't see how they would have thought they could mount an invasion against it. Unless the Black Knights were either a lot more powerful than we have been shown (strong enough to try and challenge the Golden Entity directly, instead of just its servants) or really stupid and picked a fight they never could have won.
>>
>>50710021
Noble stupidity and weaboo fightin' magic go a long way ;) While the Golden Entity seems to be possibly the biggest fish up right now (though against the Scribe and Goblin it hasn't been tested) humans CAN defeat entity-level beings -- see the flavor on the Sword Hunter White Speaker. And we know they got TPK'd in any case.

That, and I kind of doubt that the Entity builds armies of White Knights with the Lion Knight brothers to lead them for wholly defensive and police action. Taking on an attempt by the Holy Lands to expand in a meaningful way still involves direct aggression against the Entity's armies and conflict with the Lion Knight without being quite as cataclysmicly bull-headed
>>
>>50709480
Hi, you must be new to Kickstarter! Do you have any questions you need help with?
>>
>>50710101

Okay, that I will buy. I just thought that the Black Knights trying to storm the Holy City itself as their first move was probably pretty stupid.

So for a Black Knight settlement... I imagine there would be unique endeavors to Knight Watch - follow the black knight around and try and learn from it. If he catches you he might hurt or kill you, but if you get luck you learn sweet fighting arts or get a free resource from something he kills.

Also a '"Hidden Room" settlement event. This is the ruins of the black knight camp/fortress, and one year you find a previously unexplored room or basement. You probably just get scrap or bones, but if you are lucky you might find intact gear (like a steel sword or shield). Obviously, on a 1, the room collapses and someone dies. This is Kingdom Death, after all.
>>
>>50709480

I, for one, am planning to wait until the last few days of the kickstarter to add my add-on pledges. I know I am going to get 2, maybe ever 3, of the new expansions. But I am still on the fence about which ones, and since new ones are being revealed I can't say for sure what I am getting until I have all the cards on the table.

Not sure how many other people are doing that.
>>
>2 new Flower Knight AI cards because he is too leeasy :^)
Poots should instead fix some of the other shit of the expansions than just making the FK harder just because Twitch ran through it because of their retarded house rules.
>>
>>50710198
>Also a '"Hidden Room" settlement event.
Gonna play with that for a moment...

Something on the lantern hoard replacement like *: Nominate a survivor to Search the Ruins. Roll 1d10. 1 - Disaster! Spend all your survival (at least 1) or die. 2,3 - Lost. Lose all your survival, skip next hunt if you didn't lose at least 1. 4-7 - Find nothing, lose 1 survival and roll again. 8-9 - Find a random basic resource 10 - If courage is high enough, find some particular rare gear, limit once per campaign. If low courage or gear already claimed, gain a skull.
>>
>>50710279
>Butthurt over the spontaneous addition of two cards to the GC

I doubt he's going to spend much effort on that.
>>
Since it is a Kickstarter, What are the odds of the core game shipping on time?
>>
>>50710279

Its not getting added to the expansion for real, just the GC. So I imagine they will be silly. Possibly silly and deadly, but still silly.
>>
>>50710333

Pretty good. He had already delivered once, and nothing he has revealed about the 1.5 updates are super extravagant. I suspect the expansions might ship later than expected, because new products and playtesting, but the core/update packs should be really simple.
>>
>>50710333
>Summer Solstice (summer) 2017
Pretty low
>Before Fall Equinox 2017
Actually decent, supposedly the Cores are basically ready for the factory
>2017
I'd actually be surprised if the cores didn't manage to ship in the promised year.

The later-to-be-delivered items are more likely to be delayed IMO. That, and Gambler's Chest will probably hit delays big time with the random additions happening.
>>
POOTS IS AWAKE
O
O
T
S

I
S

A
W
A
K
E
>>
How does implementing multiple nemesis work? I'm buying an original kickstarter game off a buddy and he's throwing in manhunter. If I wanted to include the pariah would they both show up on year 5 or worse one of them be an easy fight if they should up later?
>>
>>50710802
Showed* up later, damn mobile
>>
>>50710802
Nemesis rulebooks show their own rules for when they're encountered.

The Node system is part of the Advanced Rules included in the Gamblers Chest.
>>
The Tyrant does start with Destiny´s Marrow in play, does he not?
It does not say that anywhere, but I don´t see how the purple icons could work any other way.
Also damn he looks tough for the first Nemesis we have to fight, hope it goes well.
>>
BLACK KNIGHT EXPANSION FUCKING WHEN POOTS
>>
Ok, so I recently saw the 1.5 kickstarter.
Being one of those sorry sobs that was low on money last time, I never got the game.
But this time, despite having money (not in abundance... but still, I have a steady income), id like to ask the people here.
Would it be worth the $250 they want for the MONSTER box? Its still hell of a lot of money (for a family man) to place on a game that will come at its earliest 2020!

Give me your feedback of the game, review and why its worth it or why its not.
>>
>>50708992
you know someone is just gonna take an exacto knife and cut in a nice slit
>>
>>50711391
Read the FAQ dumbass.
>>
>>50711391
1) The base game will be sent Summer 2017. Timeline FAQ is a bit more detailed than it looks.

2) The retail value of the box is $400, at $250 you're getting it cheap. And there's sooo much content there, even with just the base game.

3) A full campaign, assuming you succeed, will easily take you 40-60 hours to complete.
>>
>>50711424

So your saying the question "is your game worth $250" is actually in the FAQ?

Now you listen dumbass, I asked here because I wanted an honest opinion from guys who actually bought the game last time, people who have actually tried and play the game. And if they thought it worth the cash spent. So please, do us all a favor, and kill yourself, you wont be missed.
>>
>>50711391
you're a stupid cunt and i hope your kids get butt cancer
>>
>>50711531
4 starting survivor models
4 geared survivors per armor kit
6 armor kits
2 bonus survivor models
3 small sized monsters
3 medium sized monsters
1 large sized monster

Consider that an armorkit sprue has a $25 value.
>>
>>50711463

Well I wasn't exactly looking in to the retail value, as we all know a very few people will buy this game outside the kickstarter (as stated on the kickstarter itself, this game is simply to expensive to sell on the mainstream market).

I was more curious if guys who actually bought the game thought it was worth it, during the last kickstarter. Is if fun, is it something you must devote your life to, can you play it on a casual level. And so on and so on, thus me asking for more of a review, which both of you must have missed.

$X>$Z doesn't really tell me if you guys thinks the product is worth its salt.

So despite the date on the kickstarter saying it will have an estimated delivery date on 2020, the FaQ says 2017? Sounds dodgy to say the least.
>>
File: IMG_5236.jpg (16KB, 262x193px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5236.jpg
16KB, 262x193px
>>50711531
If you read the FAQ you'd know the game is shipping Summer 2017. Fuck you, we don't need leeches like you shitting up the Kickstarter comments any further than it already is.
>>
>>50711391

Yes it is worth that money (for 250, getting the core game alone is still a steal. Lots of replay value and the models are sweet) and you can expect the core game at least significantly sooner than 2020.

The models alone are worth the price of 250, and the game itself is really well designed. You are even getting v1.5, so things have been polished even further.

I understand its not cheap, but you won't be disappointed. And you can pick up expansions (if you want them) later one at a time for less strain on your wallet.
>>
>>50711598

Again dumbass, I was asking for the players if they thought they got their moneys worth out of it. Not "well, according to my math right here, I got X worth out of this boxy that really should cost me Y".
Again, was it worth the money? Do you, as a player think you got the fun factor (if you call it that) out of this game? Did you buy it and leave it on the shelf because it was boring, or did you devote your life to it? Was the quality of the miniatures living up to the idea you had about it, and so on.

This is the meaning of feedback and review, your own thoughts of the game so to speak, not "well they told me this sprue was worth X amount, so it must be worth it... right?"
>>
>>50711614
Adam put together a shipping timeline, it's at the bottom of the Campaign Page in full, here's a summary.

Wave 1 - Estimated Delivery Summer 2017
Core Game / 1.5 Update Pack

Wave 2 - Estimated Delivery Winter 2017 (Still hoping for Summer 2017)
Current Expansions

Wave 3 - Estimated Delivery Spring 2018
Gambler's Box, Promo and cross-over figures

Wave 4 - Estimated Delivery Spring 2019
New Expansions

Wave 5 & Beyond - Estimated Delivery Winter 2020

Is the Game good and/or fun, the general consensus (including myself): yes it is.
There is a lot of replayability, a lot of depth, a ton of content and it is really fun game.
>>
>>50711617

>And if you read the kickstarter you will see it says estimated delivery 2020

Well ain't you a fucking twat if I ever saw one. Get a fucking life you fucking shit stain.
>>
>>50709083
Have you ever been to a pigfarm? Them poopers are pretty loose.
>>
>>50711652
>>50711684

Best answer so far, thanks guys. But regarding the shitty community response you got from 2 minutes on this site, Ill have to think about it.
>>
>>50711684
I feel like the gameplay needs to be simplified. The game is just a mess of +1 to X here, -1 to X there, you have to remember 1000 things at once, it's really easy for anything to slip up, especially once you hit lantern year 3+.

Overall I feel like the actual fun of the game comes from its narrative, and the cumbersome game mechanics only detract from it...
>>
>>50711750
>shitty community response
We get people asking questions that could very easily be answered by the KS page at least once a thread.
Had you not had that >2020 bit, the response would have been overwhelmingly positive.
>>
>>50711391
Honestly this game is only worth it if you have a group of dedicated hardcore RPG fans who are willing to put in the time required to play a campaign of this, which will probably last you 100+ hours. Then sure, it's worth it, and at that point you might be able to even share some of the cost with your buddies.

If this is a game you are going to buy and only play a few matches, then $250 is really way too much. Get yourself a couple of cool board games for $30-$50 a pop and have fun with your family!

with love
- anon
>>
>>50711894

Not my fault people cant comprehend the dude wrote estimated delivery 2020 on the fucking kickstarter site. Not everyone goes straight for an FAQ, especially if you just wondered about the general thoughts of the game. My thoughts regarding the harsh responses is that this thread is filled to the brim with sexually frustrated virgins, that hates the fact they will never score girls as hot as the pinups in this game. I could be wrong of course, but at least its a theory.
>>
File: IMG_5238.jpg (17KB, 259x195px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5238.jpg
17KB, 259x195px
>>50711710
If you found the Kickstarter you could have also googled "Kingdom Death Monster reviews" or went straight to BGG. But you didn't. Because you always go off half-cocked, don't you?
>>
>>50711987
1000x this.
I've got a buddy who owns an LCS I can game with every other day, that and other friends popping in will make this game worth it.
>>
>>50711750
2020 shipping is just a meme that you stumbled into. There have been a lot of jokes/shitposts about it.
>>
>>50711995
>My thoughts regarding the harsh responses is that this thread is filled to the brim with sexually frustrated virgins, that hates the fact they will never score girls as hot as the pinups in this game.
Assuming you're not someone else trying to direct bile at the original dude:
we go over this literally every single thread. People are fed up. Imagine your daughter asks you for candy every ten minutes, only instead of your daughter she's an anonymous stranger, and instead of candy it's information freely obtainable otherwise.
Also,
>not reading the full KS page every time
>>
>>50711987
The game plays great solo. In fact I'd say better since you and yourself alone decide the fate of the settlement.
>>
>>50711987

Thanks man, exactly the response I was looking for.
Id have to have a session with my buddies first and foremost then. As I expected, this game will mostly be wroth its dough if you live by it. Then having several other games on the menu simply isn't an option I take it.

Seems extremely fun, but I'm afraid Id never get my gaming group that dedicated.
>>
>>50712032
Like >>50712032 said, the game also works really well solo.
No "drama" as you have full control over the available resources, but it's obviously harder to share the stories that flow out of playing the game.
>>
>>50712041
See >>50712086
I need to be more awake before cross referencing messages on this board...
Time to add more coffee.
>>
>finally received my wet nurse (not pinup)
>>
>>50712032

Nice alternative view, this lifts the idea that id actually would be worth getting, if only to play for myself! Like a one man hobby if you will. Hell, I play Zombicide alone all the time, just trying to beat several scenarios that seems impossible when playing as a group.
>>
>>50711391

The core game ships next year sometime between the middle and end of the year. The 2020 date is the deadline for all the extra content. So between 2017 and 2020, depending on your pledge level, is when you would recieve said additional content, but the core game is next year.

Gambler's chest is also worth getting though, and right now that's only $100 more for something chockfull of game content and high quality miniatures.

The core game being 250 is also a discount, as it retails for $400. Because there's a lot of content and some really nice miniatures.
>>
>>50711750
>>50711995
>>50712041

This is 4chan. What the fuck were you expecting, because if it wasn't vitriol directed at you for not reading the FAQ (Fucking first post in this thread stating several times you should read the FAQ before asking), which answers most of your questions, then I don't know what you expected. There are tons of videos, reviews, and websites that don't have 4chan's history of toxicity to the world at large.
>>
>>50712289
It was bait to begin with.
>...omg all this hype for a game not shipping until 2020?!!! Oh golly, why don't you nerds tell me all about it?
>>
Does anyone else here feel like the new expansions are generally going to be better than the old expansions?

Just looking at the contents of them most of the new expansions so far have a lot more plastic and a lot more cards than the old expansions did. Multiple large monsters, sometimes with minions helping out, a number of them with multiple armor sets, hell even the nemesis we've seen comes with survivor figures. And the pitches have far more unique concepts in them. It's not just, 'here's a thing you can go hunt or occasionally shows up to hunt you' but rather rather a thing that interacts with the larger ecosystem of the game more.

I feel like Poots and his team have learned from the original expansions what exactly makes a good expansion work and that these new ones are going to really benefit from that knowledge.
>>
>>50712598

I feel that, if nothing else, these new expansions are more ambitious than most of the first wave was.

Each expansion has always had its gimmick, but the new ones are trying more ambitious gimmicks, like dungeon tiles or minion encounters. Which is nice to see, considering how easily poots could have just given us new monsters that were still basically just slugfests.
>>
>>50712598
Of course. It's been years since the original pitch of the expansions. He's gotten a lot of experience in the meantime from the production side to the sales data. It only makes sense that as the game grows older the newer expansions will become more unique and complex. It's hard to hype up, or get hyped about vanilla encounters now that we've been spoiled of choice.
>>
>>50712598

It's hard to say because we haven't seen the rules and such yet but that is the impression I'm getting somewhat. It seems like they're taking a strong iterative approach to their game design and really learning how to expand on it a lot more than the first game. Take the Pariah - his first form is like any other nemesis (shows up, fucks you up) but he has a whole one winged angel showdown you get to do. Screaming god seems to have encounters like the Mosquito and so on. They're all looking pretty rad god I want them all
>>
all these KD models look great in plain grey,but what happens if you paint them.
to me its like the greek statues thing, they look artful when plain marble, but then you learn they were gaudy and ugly painted in ancient times
>>
File: pic3297787.jpg (509KB, 900x847px) Image search: [Google]
pic3297787.jpg
509KB, 900x847px
>>50712909
You are right, they look so much worse after they've been painted.
>>
>>50712934
They don't even have to be painted to that high of a standard to look good, just above average warham tabletop quality.
>>
>>50711995
>but a true least it's a theory
A GAME THEORY
THANKSFERWATCHIN
>>
File: IMG_0845.jpg (127KB, 600x803px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0845.jpg
127KB, 600x803px
>>50712960
>>50712934
>>
>>50712909
http://blackhandpainting.blogspot.com/2016/11/kingdom-death-stone-effect-tutorial.html
It's also super easy to do this if you don't paint the cracks, that takes real skill.
And the reconstructed painting on the classical marble stuff was probably all base coat, they could be gorgeous and we'd never know.
>>
>>50713259
still just kinda looks like a marble statue tho.
>>
File: 1460521706122.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1460521706122.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>50711987
>you have the friends necessary to regularly game with once a week
>they love the game
>they are gigantic babywomen that are scared of having characters die to level 2 fights or particularly tough monsters
>we will never beat the game because they are terrified by the possibility of glorious death
>>
>>50711531
The game is worth 400 us imo.
>>
>>50713259
I said better than your average warhams tabletop quality, not worse.
>>
>>50713440
Bunch of bitches. May they always strike a trap on speed 3 attacks.
>>
>>50713259
Why does it look so chalky?
>>
>>50713796

From a glance, looks like slightly too thick paints and using drybrushing in lieu of blending or glazing.
>>
>>50712598
None of them have armor sets, only narrative minis.
>>
>>50713593
Most definitely.
>>
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/comments?cursor=15410874#comment-15410873
>Update might be late today.

Gonna be a long day folks.
>>
>>50713930

Good thing I'll be at D&D most of the night. Can just come home to sweet, sweet update. Storm knight when?
>>
>>50713930
Another 1.5 Core Update would be nice to see again.
But I kinda have a feel that it will be "only" a roll on the Gamblers Chest today. Hopefully a big one.
>>
>>50714002
He wants to get all of the planned expansions revealed before Christmas. So there's not that much time left for that. I'm expecting a new planned expansion every other day, possibly sometimes even two days in a row.
>>
>>50714002
I'm thinking it's a roll and something "unplanned" Like the Manhunter pinups or the Satan expansion, but the artist needs a little more time to finish.
>>
>>50707402
What type of card protectors do you use on your kingdom death cards?
>>
>>50714061

For gear cards, use coin sleeves.

For the settlement events, use postcard sleeves. They are better than you need, but have an adhesive lip so you can just fold them around the back and stick them closed. They work well enough, but make sure you alternate which way the card in inserted or all the overlap will be on the same side and you cant stack them in a pile without it falling over.

The actual normal cards is an easy solution but a tedious one. They fit into Standard European Board Game size sleeves, but the sleeves are about 3 mm too tall. So what I did was sleeve all of the cards, but use scissors to cut off the excess so everything would still fit in the box/not look crap.

Sleeving KDM is a bit of a hassle, but very much worth protecting the investment given the cost of everything else.
>>
>>50714150
So all soft protectors and no hard ones?
>>
>>50714061

Settlement Location sleeves : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J01XP52/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Now these are booklet sleeves, they're exactly the right length on the long side, but far too wide. However, they have a sealing strip. So you can fold over the excess and "glue" it in place with the sealing strip. They'll still open btw, these are re-sealable.

For things like Settlement Events, things get a little tricky. Thankfully you don't have an enormous number of these.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001A3BEW4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
For each card you'll need 2 of these. You trip a little off the side of one and put that around the card and then slip it and the card into the 2nd sleeve.
It'll fit and be well protected, but this is not ideal.

For the AI, Hit location, and such I used Swann Premium 57x90mm sleeves (packs of 100) EU :
http://www.smiling-monster.com/Card-Sleeves/Premium-Sleeves/Swan-card-protection-sleeves-57mm-x-90mm-100-pcs-thick::53.html
US / ROW : https://www.swanpanasiasleeves.com/collections/premium-sleeves/products/swan-prem-card-sleeves-57x90-mm-std-usa-100-per-pack

For the Gear cards I used the Standard 52x52mm sleeves (packs of 160)
EU : http://www.smiling-monster.com/Card-Sleeves/Standard-Card-Sleeves/Swan-card-protection-sleeves-52mm-x-52mm-160-pcs-thin::54.html?MODsid=tu8h9lnv2nfrmvn4gbksv0giq1
US / ROW : https://www.swanpanasiasleeves.com/collections/standard-sleeves/products/swan-card-sleeves-52x52-mm-160-per-pack

Now I would love it if Adam did proper sleeves for the Settlement Locations and Event cards as those solutions are far from perfect. But for the others I'm quite pleased. ^_^
>>
>>50714169

That's just me, but yeah. I don't treat my cards all that rough, so I'm primarily worried about keeping oily fingers from ruining cards over time or a spilled drink from ruining cards in an instant.
>>
http://i.imgur.com/xYTfd06.jpg

new pin up revealed
>>
>>50714236
Male screaming phoenix pin up?
>>
>>50711672
Its only worth it to non-retards. So you should avoid it.
>>
>>50709191
I'm thinking I should pick my favourite expansion from each node. But I'm unsure which nemesis to pick. How many nemesis are meant to be in a single campaign anyway?
>>
>>50715461
3, and there's probably 3 seperate Nemesis nodes because Pariah was "Nemesis Node 1."
>>
Did the first run of Percival come with gear cards?
>>
>>50715461
So, there are 5 Nemeses in the core game now. There's the Butcher, at LY4, the King's Man at LY9, the Hand at LY13, the Watcher at LY25 and the Gold Smoke Knight at LY30.

Of the 5 expansion Nemeses we have seen, there are:

>Manhunter
Shows up in LY5 in addition to the normal Nemeses
>Lion Knight
Shows up in LY6 in addition to the normal Nemeses
>Slenderman
Completely replaces the King's Man in the campaign
>Lonely Tree (lol)
Only encounterable via specific and weird random events; doesn't really fit the pattern at all
>Pariah
Shows up in LY5 in addition to the normal Nemeses; confirmed to be Nemesis Node 1

If I had to wage a guess I would say that Nemesis Node 1 is the "additional Nemesis" slot in the campaign. We might see Node 2 be a Butcher replacement node, Node 3 be a King's Man replacement node, etc etc so on and so forth. But that is pure and utter speculation from me.
>>
>>50715461
>>50715589
Also, one thing to note if you haven't played the game yet, those dates are when the Nemesis first shows up. Most nemeses show up multiple times throughout the campaign.
>>
>>50715666
So it's the pariah or manhunter in year 5

triple Satan
>>
>>50715666
Nicely done satan.
>>
>>50715589
>all these in additions
So if I want I can make the most popular settlement on the PoF.
>>
>>50709191
Cool. But what about the tree guy
>>
>>50716400
Tree guy? The Lonely Tree?
>>
>>50716454
Yeah. People kinda crap on him but idk he seems cool
>>
>>50715589
This is great info thanks.

Another question, or more a topic of discussion really: is the gamblers chest really worth it in terms of actual gameplay value?

Yes it has great value for the sheer amount of plastic, but for myself, narrative and pinup minis really don't matter at all. I'm obviously excited for additional KD advanced rule systems, but that doesn't really seem to be the focus of the gamblers chest.... so I'm pretty torn
>>
So maybe what's confusing me is ..is kingdom death different from kingdom death monster? Are the pin ups playable? Do all the models like wet nurse have rules or are some just for painting. Do said models fit into the story somehow? What are the holy lands? Is kingdom death labyrinth a real thing? Total kdm verging until last month.
>>
>>50716861
Read the FAQ
>>
>>50716861
Kingdom Death is the name of the brand / range. It existed for quite a while before the creation of Kingdom Death: Monster and during that time it made its money selling nightmare horror minis and pinups.

KD:M doesn't include the pinups, though. Some of them include some bonus promos but without rules to include them in the game.
>>
>>50716807
Not NEARLY enough content for MSRP.
At the $35 he's likely to be on the KS he's good though.
>>
>>50716833
>is the gamblers chest really worth it in terms of actual gameplay value
There will be scans day -100, mark my words.
>>
>>50716909
>It existed for quite a while before the creation of Kingdom Death: Monster
Wow, I didn't know that. First I heard of it my friend brought it out a couple years ago after his fleecing of Poots came in, and my research didn't quite reveal this fact. Always thought it started with the KD:M campaign, though being a pre-existing company certainly explains how Poots remained solvent after he fucked himself in the ass.
>>
>>50716861

Kingdom Death is the setting/universe (think the distinction between, say, Mordheim and Warhammer Fantasy). KD:M is the specific game, as opposed to KD: Labyrinth which has been mentioned a handful of times.

Pinups are just for nice painting or as alternate survivor sculpts. Same is true for some of the models like the Wet Nurse, Storm Knight, and Scribe. Though nothing says the bigger models such as those three can't get rules in the future.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Got me, I'm a noob as far as the lore goes.

KD:L is not a thing yet, but probably will be some time in the future.
>>
>>50716909
>>50716861

Pinups are also scaled correctly to use as survivors.
>>
>>50717116
>Wet Nurse, Storm Knight, and Scribe.
>alternative survivor sculpts
>>
>>50716861
>What are the holy lands?
A city on top of an upside-down pyramid. It's unreachable, protecting it from monsters enough that they've got Renaissance tech. The nobles go out and hunt monsters for sport, there's a thrall class which has no free will due to being nursed by a special bob monster, and the dude in charge likes incarnating as a big angel.
>>
>>50717162
*special boob monster
>>
>>50717137

You don't use the Storm Knight to represent your fresh off the boat survivors? I feel it perfectly captures the feeling and terror of my weak and pathetic humans.
>>
>>50717162
You're conflating the Holy Lands with the Inverted Mountain (not the same place) and the Great Game Hunter City (Might be the same thing as Holy Lands, but probably not)
>>
>>50717281
>Holy Lands with the Inverted Mountain (not the same place)
I'll admit to the GGH but I'm almost positive I read somewhere that the HL are atop the IM.
>>
>>50717323
Mountain Man is on top of the Inverted Mountain, gazing at a radiant fruit growing from a world-sized tree in the distance, as per his fluff.

HL seem to be the former territory of the Lions when they had a civilization. Gold Smoke Knight was their guardian spirit and Lion God their boss, but both were corrupted in the wake of the Golden Entity's arrival and the lions reduced to the quarry monsters we know and love.
>>
>>50707402
This has been bothering me for a while.
Does that model have an asshole? I wouldn't be surprised if it had a vag back there.

Kingdom Death strike me as the type that wouldn't give a shit about doing that sort of thing.
>>
>>50717448
>Does that model have an asshole? I wouldn't be surprised if it had a vag back there.
It quite conspicuously does not, see>>50708992>>50711413
>>
>>50717448
It's actually a plant. So no sex organs, outside of the stamen.
>>
File: i658aRg.png (103KB, 581x590px) Image search: [Google]
i658aRg.png
103KB, 581x590px
Fucking goddamn shitcunt motherfucker Poots is putting ANOTHER GODDAMN BET ON THE TWITCH GAME NIGHT FAGGOTS.
>>
TwitchPlays just accepted another Poots challenge.

Modified harder Gorm with two Divine Rerolls

If they lose while using both Rerolls we lose the Xmas gift goes, if they win we get more Gamblers Chest content.
>>
>>50717555
>we lose the Xmas gift goes
?!
>>
>>50717534
He's banking on them to lose so he doesn't go bankrupt on the GC.
>>
It's a level 2 Gorm with Ancient Indigestion in play with no "Mammoth Crowded Fangs" & "Mammoth Bloated Face" in its HL deck and it gets a +1 damage token when half of its AI cards are in its wound stack.

The fuckers who almost lost to a level 1 Flower Knight are supposed to beat that.

Welp, what an awesome Christmas gift we would've gotten. THANKS POOTS FOR PANDERING TO THESE FAGGOTS.
>>
>>50717572
goes is a brainfart, disregard it
>>
>>50717534
I was fine with the first two because all that was being gambled was a roll on the gambler's chest. But this is something different. Can they at least cheat again on this one?
>>
>>50717642
Apparently if they don't use both of the two given rerolls then there's no downside for failure.

These faggots had better not use that second reroll.
>>
Dear Twitch Idiots: Don't ruin Christmas. Save a reroll for the xmas gift.
>>
>>50717534
>http://i.imgur.com/xYTfd06.jpg
>>50717555
>>50717572
>>50717584
>>50717611
>>50717642
>>50717652
>>50717653

Christmas is cancelled, AKA How The Poots Stole Christmas!
>>
In the update poots says he may grant additional rerolls depending on how it's going so there's hope
>>
>>50713440
got a weekly group i've been gaming with for well over a decade, we setup in TTS and do the opening fight. one person gets grabed and mauled to death, him and another quit for the game being "impossible and unfair"... 3 rounds... 3 goddamn rounds.
>>
Has anyone come up with any interesting campaign variants?
>>
>>50707402
Gorm is completely missing from all pages of the KD store, what's going on?
>>
>>50717844
They announced he was getting a reprint.

I guess he got sold out during Black Friday sale.
>>
qt3.14 witch pinup added
>>
>>50717767
You don't need them anon. They were weak.
>>
>>50717921

Is there another website poots posts this stuff on?
>>
>>50717943
He added that to Update #24. Just reload it.
>>
Bad update :(
>>
>>50717902
He's not on the sold out page, even.
>>
>>50717807

So let's see

Gorm level 2, has a trap that auto hits head for 2 damage and does two brain damage to survivors in facing before knocking them down.

Has the soft flank hit locations, but many locations that cause it to shuffle back and vomit on people. The vomit ignores armor and does 1 per level damage. So basically they get knocked down anytime they don't dash out of the way.

These dudes are fucked, they're at lantern year what? 7?
>>
>>50717962
I don't believe it is today's proper update. He just put it up because it was timely, what with the two streams going on.
>>
>>50717983
LY6. They barely beat a Flower Knight last year.
>>
>>50718003

Yup, and two of them just lost their rawhead set bonus to a random event. They are boned.
>>
>>50717962
>>50717984
In fact Poots just said that.

>@Billy Crawford, nope. A normal update will be posted later, still working on it!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/posts/1765387?cursor=15414913#comment-15414912
>>
File: 1461792299948.jpg (197KB, 1000x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1461792299948.jpg
197KB, 1000x1300px
>>50717984
It's still a bad update! I'll rate the other one when it goes up! At least the witch is cute~!
>>
>>50717969
That's very weird then. Not sure why they would take it off the page. Unless they try to implement the "node" system information on the expansion page. I think Gorm is the only old expansion that was introduced (yet) as a node in the KS page.

That would be a bit odd on their part since it doesn't seem that fleshed out yet.
>>
>Its another useless twitch faggots "update"

Why is poots so enamored with these chucklefucks? Fuck, might as well start basing results off of the stock market.
>>
If Pinup Disciple of the Witch presages a Flower Witch xpac, I'll take twitch ruining christmas.
>>
>>50718105
At least he's saying it's the last one.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/comments?cursor=15414953#comment-15414952
>This will be the final Twitch Challenge. I've always balanced the losses back out. But really, is their any fun in rewards without risk?

Also they just spent three SotF rerolls to fail to save a character who can't spend survival from Overwhelming Darkness.
>>
>These massive failures on just the hunt phase
>We are going to lose our XMAS gift

Fuck you Twitch. Fuck you Poots.
>>
>>50718134
>>50718145
4th and final Survival of the Fittest reroll got him a 7. They still have not touched the Poots given rerolls, but yes, it's fucked.
>>
>>50718182
At least this sculpting stream is interesting.

I wonder when we lose the gift if Poots will tell us what we lost.
>>
File: boogity.jpg (148KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
boogity.jpg
148KB, 400x400px
>tfw when I unironically enjoy these challenges
/tg/'s reactions make it even better.
>>
File: cancer.jpg (42KB, 723x265px) Image search: [Google]
cancer.jpg
42KB, 723x265px
Reminder.
>>
>>50718284
Now that's what I call... Fucking entertaining.
>>
>>50718284
>I'm a cancerous tween! ex dee!
We know.
>>
More twitch shit? I just unbacked so fast it's unreal. Would rather not have a mediocre game than support a fucking retarded faggot like Poots.
>>
>>50718296
You wouldn't believe the shit they're wearing now.
>>
>>50718310
i bet you did brotato. me to i unbacked all 3 duplicate accounts.
>>
Has anyone played 7 swordsmen? Is it any good?
>>
This stream is this Zennith cuck trying to hit on the one girl while some faggot wears a onesie.

Also a fat guy.
>>
>>50718520
Sounds like your average /tg/ table
>>
None twitch related shit, the hours ring says 'you gain no tokens.' Does that mean no BLEEDING tokens? Because our settlement managed to snag the muramasa.
>>
>>50718532
>No lanky faggot pretending to be a girl.
Not quite.
>>
>>50718536
Pretty sure no tokens means no tokens.
>>
>>50718593

Fair enough, nothin' personnel kid.
>>
File: literal rape.png (99KB, 249x169px) Image search: [Google]
literal rape.png
99KB, 249x169px
>Get this filthy manbeast away from me
>>
>More cheating
This stream.
>>
>>50718691
Chinless ones don't get to say shit
>>
>>50718732
What are they doing now?
>>
>>50718732
If they cheat their way to not cancelling Christmas... It's still degenerate but at least it will be for the cause of not facing torches and pitchforks.
>>
>>50718792
Poots is offering more rerolls if they lick the dickcheese off his crusted chode.
>>
>>50718309
>No fun allowed
You enjoy KD but don't like when poots fucks around? we're still gonna get all the stuff anon
>>
>>50718870
Fuck off PooMatt.
>>
>>50717462
>>50717487
I think I'm disappointed
>>
>Banned for saying the stream is shit.
Worth it.
>>
Just passing through, wanted to ask : Does anyone who plays this game sense a tonal similarity to Dark Souls? I just got a Dark Souls feeling from the kickstarter trailer back in the way.

Also I really want a Dung Beetle Knight Figure but there's never any stock for the Canadian Warehouse.
>>
>>50719138
Both creators(KD and Dark Souls) have admitted they drew heavy influences from Kentaro Miura's Berserk, so it's no coincidence they seem similar.
>>
>>50719138
DS and KDM both draw inspiration from Berserk.
>>
>>50719216
>>50719224
Oh cool. Maybe i'll check it out. Thanks!
>>
>>50718310
Hi Shitposter-kun. How's it going?
>>
I know I'm not the only one, but I'm not enjoying this. This is painful.
>>
>>50719233
I'd strongly advise grabbing anything you want from the kickstarter, it is a considerable discount from the retail price.
>>
>>50719249
What are you talking about, you don't like four bumbling idiots redo every single action because they miscalculated something stupid or make a mistake?
>>
Twitch is using that last fucking reroll.

These motherfuckers.
>>
>>50719290

They MIGHT win.
>>
>>50719290

I suspect zenith is going to cheat.
>>
Who is the guy in the top left corner?
>>
>>50719327
Cucknith
>>
>>50719327

Zenith, a developer for KDM.
>>
>>50719301
They might've. But Adam just took away the combo that made him invulnerable.
>>
>Bringing people back from the dead.
This isn't even Kingdom Death.

This is terrible.
>>
>>50719338
>>50719341

I see. Thanks, mates.
>>
>>50719352

WHELP

FUCK EVERYTHING.
>>
Poots literally just canceled Christmas.
>>
>>50719378
>>50719364
>>50719352
What happen?
>>
>>50719434

It's not over yet.
>>
>>50719434
Christmas saved
>>
Saved Christmas. The cheating faggots.
>>
>>50719434
Twitch made a decision to spend the reroll that put the Christmas gift on the line based on them having a broken combo that made one character nearly invulnerable.

Poots then took that combo away after they used the reroll.

And then they just won, so at least that's good. Good rolls.
>>
>>50719434

They cheated heavily, but technically they won.

The best kind of winning. Thank god it's over.
>>
The best result would be the twitch fags being driven to suicide by hate.
>>
>>50719481
Honestly, I'm glad two of their characters are dead. Jesus, the amount of shit they do to keep their minis alive.
>>
I do have to admit that having a Hung Beetle Knight Pinup would be hilarious. I don't really want it, but it would be hilarious.
>>
>>50719523
>Meme miniatures.
Kill yourself.
>>
>>50719469
>>50719465
Woo! I would have watched but I'm at work..
>>
>>50719469
What was the combo that they were abusing? Where they trying to rule lawyer their way past the rule of death?
>>
Poots is such a trolling bastard.
And as terrible as he is to keep supporting these twitch assholes, I certainly find a mocking, trolling creator god to be fitting for all of this.
>>
>>50719532

I like the Krampus nemesis.
>>
>>50709131
In that case, it's that itchy heat that is just close enough to make you sweat if it was any more.
>>
>>50719532
Hey, we already have Slenderman.
>>
>>50719545
It's Kingdom Death. It's basically Dark Souls the Proper Board Game. If the creator wasn't fucking with us, I'd be disappointed.
>>
File: Combo wombo.png (1MB, 1000x798px) Image search: [Google]
Combo wombo.png
1MB, 1000x798px
>>50719537
It wasn't Rules Lawyer, it was a legit combo. I don't know how they got it, though. Possibly from the Murder Accept Darkness version?

The combo was Immortal (if insane, all damage goes to the brain) plus Stark Raving (you are always insane) plus Accept Darkness (+2 to all brain trauma rolls, so only die on 10's).

So all damage goes to brain trauma no matter what, and you can't die unless you roll a 10 there. And, almost every single brain trauma also gives you 1d5 insanity so you can stagger out the severe injury rolls. Just don't roll a 10 and you are actually invincible.
>>
>>50719561
You have terrible taste.

Though that or something equally garbage will probably win because the people voting on it are twitchtards.
>>
>>50719614
What are the options for the vote?
>>
>>50719613
I like how they lost the combo because Adam is a petulant child that screamed "NO!" instead of a proper reason.

I also like that it happened to the guy he playtested the game with.

Well tested Poo.
>>
>>50719654
All kinds of trash
>Krampus meme
>Pinups of lame people
>metal dice ex dee
>People of the Gorm
>>
>>50719654
>ss3 survivor
>Gambler Nemesis (literally the only good one so far)
>twitch nemesis
>lion cub
>>
>>50719465
What was the combo?
>>
At this point I just want poots to make something himself and ignore the suggestions.
>>
>>50719715
YOU DON'T WANT KRAMPUS BRO?

KRAMPUS IS SUPER A FRESH MEME -AND- HILARIOUS DIDN'T YOU KNOW?
>>
>>50719708
This:
>>50719613
>>
>>50719673
>People of the Gorm
Could be cool.
They need to add Red and Blue Knight Armor to it.
>>
>>50719660
He denied the combo because it's not possible in 1.5, and they have been using 1.5 stuff whenever possible.
>>
>>50719763
That's even more retarded.
>>
I'm starting to think Kingdom Death: Monster's prevailing theme is "gotta put up with the shit because the content is good enough to be worth it". Be it the massive delay last time, the control freak perfectionism about things not important in the long run mixed with inability to get a PR person, the more idiotic fans and prospective buyers, the let's say unconventional approach to maintaining hype in a KS....
>>
Trap crafting actually doesn't sound too bad.

A settlement location that can make trap gear cards which you bring with you. When you start a showdown, each trap in your survivor's gear grids gets added to the board as a terrain piece, probably off to the side (6+ squares away from monster). Then when the monster steps on the traps some effect happens. One might make an attack to try and wound it, others might give negative tokens, and maybe one or two unique things. KD trap, possibly.

There's potential there. Fits with the game. Would need to either be expensive or not be reusable to be balanced though.
>>
File: IMG_0766.png (24KB, 221x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0766.png
24KB, 221x200px
Jesus Christ you people are worse than Tumblr.

NOT EVERYTHING IS BEING AIMED AT YOU. NO ONE CARES THAT YOU DONT LIKE IT. The stream sucks but who fucking cares? It's literally just there so that Poots can outsource demos of the game to someone else and not have to clog the updates with information about the game that we already have.

Stop throwing a fucking autistic tantrum you chucklefucks. Why do you even care that some LITERALLY WHO's are cheating at their board game?
>>
>>50719613
They probably rigged the deck for the disorders, like last stream where they gave themselves a zanbato out of nowhere.

I'm not sure why Poots supports these guys when they are cheating at his game.
>>
>>50719845
Poo is pretty much retarded, his game is alright. But being a sycophant and worshiping the man is beyond stupid.
>>
I WILL POST LINKS TO GOOGLEDOCS AND STAWPOLL. Make sure to vote.
>>
>>50719864
>Why do you even care that some LITERALLY WHO's are cheating at their board game
Because it affects what's in the box and therefore what we're paying for you colossal fucking retard.
>>
>>50719735
Krampus is a meme? Since when?
>>
>>50719865
The Zanbato cheat last time was part of their "People of the Twitch" house rules. Which are bullshit, but what they did there was technically within the rules they set out for themselves. It's still cheating, but at least it was pre-approved cheating because Poots does know and approve of the system.
>>
>>50719887
It's the hot new christmas meme, literally everything this year is Krampus this or that.

Go outside.
>>
>>50719865
>I'm not sure why Poots supports these guys
I bet they had the largest following going in of anybody streaming KDM so he regards their infantile capering as publicity.
>>
>>50719883
Poots has flat out said it's all showmanship and that's it. Stop being so autistic about it.

Do you really think that if they didn't win the other day, he was going to blacklist the man hunter pinups from EVER being made ever? Of course not you dumb fuck. Do you really think that if they didn't lose the first time, there wouldn't be a Skull Eater and murderer figure in the chest?

I bet you are one of those dumbasses that thinks the bloody spot on the chest is actually gone.
>>
>>50719867
I'm just amazed at the mix of frothing rage and, yeah, sycophantic "lol"s at whatever antic he decides is a great way to run this venture.
>>
>>50719925
You sound autistic.
>>
>>50719863
>There's potential there. Fits with the game. Would need to either be expensive or not be reusable to be balanced though.
I'm not sure how a 1/game showdown that uses a slot on your gear grid isn't balanced. Though for thematic reasons It'd probably have "If the survivors lose this hunt, archive this card."
>>
>>50719956
It depends a lot on what the effects are. If the effects are too strong (e.g., automatic KD when the monster steps on this) and it's reusable then you bet your ass it'd be overpowered.

There is definitely room to balance it though. There are enough knobs to twist that a good medium can be found.
>>
Did the plastic White Speaker in the KS come with the cards in the boxed version sold from the store, or are those supposed to be in the upcoming card pack?
>>
>>50719925
>Poots has flat out said it's all showmanship and that's it.
Someone didn't read the update.

>Do you really think that if they didn't win the other day, he was going to blacklist the man hunter pinups from EVER being made ever?
No, but they wouldn't have been in this kickstarter.

>Do you really think that if they didn't lose the first time, there wouldn't be a Skull Eater and murderer figure in the chest?
Considering the gamble was on whether we got 2 or 0 GC rolls, of course I don't.
>>
>>50708938
>Poots is a pervert, in case you haven't noticed.
>>
update is up. father and son mini
>>
>>50719995
Sure you could make it OP, but it'd be super easy to give it 1 Spd, X+ Acc, X Str, unaffected by survivor stats. Do not draw a HL on wound, if it Wounds give -1 [Stat] token, or it has Devastating 1, or it has weaker stats/is more expensive and grants knockdown.
>>
>Poots threatens he might not deliver something
>the guy who literally refuses to sell his game with any components cut from it, refuses to make a cheaper 'lite' version of the game, refuses to use cheaper costing materials, and will drive himself bankrupt because a sculpts hops are SLIGHTLY out of proportion
>people think he is actually serious about this and this isn't just another way for him to reveal things

>>50720032
I read the update. It's showmanship. He even said in the comments if he takes something out he puts another thing in. Literally all he would have done is say "WELL I HAD A GREAT XMAS GIFT PLANNED BUT ITS GONE FOREVER NOW!!! Now you get this other gift, the legendary PISS HORSE OF THE INVERTED MOUNTAIN." When that's what it always was to begin with.

How can anyone not understand Poots way of doing this shit by now? He is incredibly fucking predictable.
>>
File: dad.jpg (475KB, 639x2238px) Image search: [Google]
dad.jpg
475KB, 639x2238px
>>50720049
The feels
>>
GAMBLERS CHART IS NOW 2D10 INSTEAD OF D100
>>
>>50720088
Yup, his trust fund probably got burned hard by feature creep. Im pretty sure the gamblers box is already set in stone and he is just having a bunch of fun trolling people with the slow reveals. Im willing the comments of 'I'm not sure if I can keep it at $100 anymore!!" was just grandstanding to get people to lock in more pledges ASAP.
>>
>Pops mini
Neat I guess.

>Super meme survivors
Garbage.

>Video game playing witch.
Garbage.

Two thirds trash. Not bad I guess.
>>
>>50720133
Interestingly spot 97 turned into spot 17. So it is presumably still a box with contents in it.
>>
>promo SSJ survivors

not included anywhere?

Now I'm fucking mad poots, you filthy swine

>>50720133
and he managed to fuck up updating the '1', in typical poots fashion

for some reason, I can't upload the SSJ survivors pic, "your image contains an embedded file". wut
>>
>>50720116
I like how this one has no blurb about the character dying.
Dad came back. He's all right.
>>
>>50720171
You can't roll a 1 on 2d10 dumbass.
>>
>>50720188
guess fucking what, you can't role 21-23 on an additive 2d10 either you idiot. he fucked it both ways
>>
>>50720153
No shit. The contents of the box have never been in any danger at any point. Poots is just fucking around because he is bored as hell and all his plans for the original slow reveal vanished 19 minutes into the campaign.
>>
>Old Promos
>Patrician Tier characters.
>Guts; Simply classic
>Ayla; Awesome throwback
>Rule34 Link; Fun design.
>Kamina; The worst model, but still funky.

>New Promos
>Generic DBZ "characters"
>Literally all the same.
Wew lads.
>>
>>50720153
probably a dead survivor, miniature for the 'debris' terrain tile
>>
>>50720204
ITS TODAYS ROLL DUMBASS

Jesus, how do you even have the mental capacity to keep breathing
>>
File: 1425085283541.png (620KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1425085283541.png
620KB, 1920x1080px
Good update~!
>>
>>50720171
>>promo SSJ survivors
>not included anywhere?
>Now I'm fucking mad poots, you filthy swine
Has he said that in the comments? They should be included in Gambler's Lanter, Satan & the Frogdog tiers.

You guys think the last box is going to be SS4 or SSG?
>>
>>50720171
>not included anywhere?
>Now I'm fucking mad poots, you filthy swine
I'm under the assumption that they're new promos and thus included in bundle tiers which include new promos. I think he just left the information off.

I'll be mad with you if it turns out he's not doing it that way though.

>>50720209
>No shit. The contents of the box have never been in any danger at any point. Poots is just fucking around because he is bored as hell and all his plans for the original slow reveal vanished 19 minutes into the campaign.
So, no, not really. I've been operating under the assumption that what was in box 97 was the Mad & Mighty Striker we got a couple of days ago. You'll note that the Mad & Mighty Striker didn't come out of a pre-existing box and got completely added to the box. I thought that that *was* the corrective action which kept the contents of the box the same. But it would seem that that theory no longer holds.

In the end it's all fucking Calvinball anyways. Poots could reveal that all of the unopened boxes are giant dog turds and there's nothing we could do about it.
>>
>>50720252
Poots is a DB Super fan, so it will confirm the long time theory from way back when the first KS was going on. Alister is the Scribe.
>>
>>50720252
>>50720254
they're "promos", like the Aya lines are promos I think. they're pretty much included in no tiers
>>
>>50720311
The Satan tiers literally say they include promos.
>>
>>50720311
Reread the pledges in my post, they all say "all new promos"
>>
>>50720311
You're thinking of Crossovers, which he can't include in pledge tiers due to IP restrictions. That shouldn't be the case here, unless these are literally licensed from DBZ. Which could actually be kinda cool. But there's no way that is the case.
>>
>>50720333
Starting survivors aren't new :^)
Doesn't apply to rescuplts :^)
>>
>>50720347
>>50720342
>>50720333
guess I'm retarded, I never did read what was in the Gambler's Lantern pledge

I'm getting more shit!
>>
Check the update title. Everybody missed something.
Poots forgot to put the Sunstalker reprint graphic in the update, lol.
>>
>>50720350

It says on the thing that they're Promo addons. Stop being a shit.
>>
Guys shut the fuck up about promos. Gryphon is next monster being revealed.
>>
I think the most important question is: Will the father and son mini feature boy penis?
>>
>>50720436
It's not.
>>
File: gr.jpg (112KB, 893x600px) Image search: [Google]
gr.jpg
112KB, 893x600px
>>50720448
pretty sure it is
>>
>>50720448
Except it is. Look at the card art and not he model.
>>
>>50720482
Didn't know it already had art. Yeah, that's definitely the Gryphon. 100% match.

People need to remember the teasers are for art, not models.
>>
>>50720482
>>50720492
Nah he'll reveal something else and be all "It's a mystery!"
>>
>>50720509
>implying it's a male Pinup expansion
I know exactly why I got this boner
>>
>>50720501
>>50720482
post the gryphon's sheath - i mean his model
>>
>>50720528
I'd be happy too because it would mean there's less stuff I would want to spend money on.

>Bad pinups and terrible promos made me dodgy about the satan pledge.
And thank fuck for that.
>>
File: 1481151583308.png (1MB, 1268x1713px) Image search: [Google]
1481151583308.png
1MB, 1268x1713px
>>50720535
>>
File: The Gambler Cometh.png (985KB, 639x1847px) Image search: [Google]
The Gambler Cometh.png
985KB, 639x1847px
Also, I'm sure everyone noticed, but...

The Gambler Cometh.
>>
File: yrZVlJF.jpg (820KB, 1927x1927px) Image search: [Google]
yrZVlJF.jpg
820KB, 1927x1927px
>>50720773
Can't wait to see the model for that two-faced fucker.
>>
>>50720773
That was what was under 46.
>>
Here is the vote for the gambler addition

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd4miqRKI2shzooWA8KdfKdmeuE3gDE3vVCFAAHMaNYtJPe8Q/alreadyresponded?c=0&w=1
>>
>>50720904
>no restriction on voting multiple times
You know what to do gentlemen.
>>
>>50720904
>male gorm pinup
>literally goatse in miniature form
>>
>>50720904
>No young survivor armor sets.
aww.
>>
>>50720904
>>50720904
I would like to have a plushie Gorm. Dammit I'm going to pick the AI cards/Gambler/Ranged Proficiency
>>
File: 8_1024x1024.jpg (38KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
8_1024x1024.jpg
38KB, 900x600px
>tfw a giant penis tail bites your leg off
>>
>>50720904
>Basic monster upgrade
>New nemesis
>New Settlement events
>New Campaign
>Dry erase board character sheets
>New weapon type
>Traps
There's some decent stuff here.
>>
>>50720999
>>Dry erase board character sheets

>Dry erase board character sheets
That's the most useless one on there next to figures of themselves. You can make them yourself easily
>>
>>50721016
Might have to look into that then.
>>
>>50721016
>>50721023
I wouldn't do a character sheet, but an armor dashboard would actually be super useful to have. Maybe have a stat dashboard on top of it to track all your current bonuses from tokens and gear and shit while the survivor sheet obviously only tracks permanent bonuses.
>>
>>50721023
Laminate them.
>>
>>50721057

>>50721057

>>50721057

>>50721057
New
>>
>>50720254
Heh, calvinball. Good reference
>>
What are the white speakers?
>>
>>50720904

Some cool stuff in there, shame we only choose 3. I voted for traps, Gambler nemesis, and legendary Gorm fight/
>>
>>50720648
It'd be kind of weird fighting this griffin desu, who's that dude he's holding, right?
>>
>>50720904
>new events
>new events
>gambler nemesis
How'd I do lads.
>>
>>50720116
I'm going to reposition the hands around the child's neck on mine, then put it in a draw and never paint it. Too cheesy for me :/

Contemplating cancelling a gamblers pledge because all the sculpts I want are being shown as add-ons. Only like 4 of the ones in the box :P
>>
>>50720904

> new settlement events

WE LITERALLY NEED THIS
Thread posts: 335
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.