[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Flames of War: The Happening edition...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 51

File: V4-Banner-Logo.jpg (126KB, 690x259px) Image search: [Google]
V4-Banner-Logo.jpg
126KB, 690x259px
It's Happening, People!
V4 is announced on the website....

Flames of War SCANS database:
http://www.mediafire.com/?8ciamhs8husms
---Includes our Late War Leviathan rules!
Official Flames of War Free Briefings:
http://www.flamesofwar.com/Default.aspx?tabid=108

Current /tg/ fan projects - Noob Guide & FAQ, Podcast, and Defense of Moscow list:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JWmbvVANUraO9ILWJZduRgiI9w4ZC3ytNUQE8rK7Xrw/edit?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eD3nkA51ddl3nmltKg0zsnfrOUhlWgcc4h5aqz-RFqw
https://discord.gg/GhjQh

Quick Guide on all present FOW Books:
http://www.wargames-romania.ro/wordpress/wargames/flames-of-war/flames-of-war-starting-player-guide-the-books/

Archive of all known Panzer Tracts PDFs: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/nyvobnlg12hoz/Panzer_Tracts

WWII Osprey's, Other Wargames, and Reference Books
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/z8a13ampzzs88/World_War_Two
and, for Vietnam.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/z8i8t83bysdwz/Vietnam_War

--Guybrarian Notes:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eD3nkA51ddl3nmltKg0zsnfrOUhlWgcc4h5aqz-RFqw/edit?usp=sharing

http://www.400gb.com/u/1883935

Panzerfunk, the /fowg/ podcast.
http://panzerfunk.podbean.com/
Panzerfunk Listener Questions Form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeOBxEJbNzS_Ec7I76zQmCU9P7o0C5bAgcXriKQ4bOWBp4QkA/viewform

http://www.flamesofwar.com/Portals/0/Documents/Briefings/CariusNarva.pdf

http://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=1949 the Azul Division: no longer linkable off the main page
>>
File: 1436179981380.jpg (89KB, 420x480px) Image search: [Google]
1436179981380.jpg
89KB, 420x480px
oh, and in case you want a quick link to the good stuff...

http://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=5409
>>
What is V4 going to change? Just curious. I have wanted to get into this game for a while. My inability to paint camouflage on such small figures kept me back, but I can probably handle it now.
>>
>>50705849
And they seem to insist on the fucking cards.

Have fun doing british rifles (something like 10 different versions, including all colonies). Or DAK Panzer platoons (6 different tanks).
>>
>>50705876
Oh, I didn't read the thread. An easier to learn game sounds like fun. I will pick up a paperback when it hits shelves and figure out how to play.
>>
>>50705894
Just turn up with your old V3 rule book and get a free one duh. It's just like with V2, they gave us all free rulebooks.
>>
File: PanzerIIIAfrikaLgColor.jpg (104KB, 800x647px) Image search: [Google]
PanzerIIIAfrikaLgColor.jpg
104KB, 800x647px
>>50705879
tell me about it. i am not a cardwhore, being a long fan of the prim printed army list (which i can type up myself...)

i love those Jalopy platoon DAK panzers with a Panzer III J, a Panzer III N, a Panzer IV E, and a Panzer IV F2....

fucking one unit will have 4 cards...

then again, i for one welcome our new Dash overlords....
>>
>>50705879
I like cards, personally. Makes keeping track of everything easier.

Although with the diversity of WW2 I imagine there will be a shit ton of cards.

>>50705849
>Mention new mid-war Africa books
>Brits and Germans!
Why is playing Italy such pain?
>>
>>50706094
They gave Diana a model, so of course they're gonna ride that dick hard, and fuck the rest.
>>
>>50705941

There's not a single shop in Auckland where you could do that. Flames of War is almost impossible to buy in stores anymore.
>>
>>50706184
Well the rumor is that Italy will be getting plastic tanks. Just bugged that they don't even get a mention in the article.
>>
Sup /tg/, does anyone have any ideas to help a friend of mine out? We play early war alot and hes getting frustrated with his french army. It just doesn't stand up to the german lists in Barbarossa very well. He plays the activated french infantry company from blitzkrieg, but side by side with the german infantry kompanie I can just bring more of just about everything. Does anyone have any tips for him? I can root through my bag in the morning when its not hoth outside and probably find his list if it will help.
>>
>>50706277
Game Centre down in Hamilton man. Or go bang on Battlefront's door personally.
>>
>>50705941
Anyone know of the scaled-down Open Fire rulebook would count for this? I mean it's the same book, just smaller, right?
>>
>>50705941
I don't think there's a single shop in Glasgow in which I could do this.
>>
>>50706409
this. so much this. i feel like my im constantly being punished for not playing one of the big 4. I love italian and finnish armies so much but they're always just an afterthought.
>>
>>50706466
those fucking souma(?) tanks and CharB. Does he have enough arty?

the way i have been thumped by frogs has been with a mix of strong but slow tanks, hordes of dug in infantry supported by AT and HMGs (that can fire over dug in infantry btw), and arty.
French are generally weaker on the attack but it shouldn't ever be a white wash.

oh also those cannons on the back of trucks. fuck those little guys. they can wreck up the place if played right.
>>
>>50706466
Very simple. You don't take your list from the massive fuck-up that is Barbarossa. Borrow his Blitzkrieg and make your list from that instead.

Once the major issue is solved, what does he, and you, have?
>>
So why can't Battlefront release the Early and Late war changes online as a PDF and not force me to hunt down non-existent stores for a promotion that sounds dubious as fuck.
>>
>>50706409
>>50706967

To be fair they don't have enough equipment to do every MW nation qt the same time. Italy and Murica will probably be out soon after the first releases.

I am much more excited for v4 for MW than I am for the EW and LW retcons. Seems like a lot of good changes from TY are making their way in. My mid war tankovy is going to go FAST, I imagine thr T-34 will have pretty zippy dash speed.

Artillery changes are still a little mind boggling. I still worry that arty and infantry will play out like some twisted WW1 reinactment.
>>
Is it just me or does spiltting the game into two seperate rules/points system seem weird? Not sure if this will work well but maybe I'm just being anxious over the incoming changes.
>>
>>50707241
That's most likely because they can't redo all the points at the same time. You watch, EW and LW will soon get redone with the new stupid points
>>
>>50707035
Hes got both tanks, as for arty, he had a battery of....75s? I think. We rolled a fair fight and got hold the line, and he ended up attacking, which I
think hurt him....alot more than it should have.

>>50707039
I've got more german stuff than I could shake a stick at. It's been awhile sine I was on tg, but I was the anon who ordered PSC stuff super late after a night of drinking, and miscounted and bought 5 of the early war german infantry boxes from PSC, and its associated support weapons, and armor, and planes.......and tube arty etc. Debit cards and good whiskey don't mix.

His collection has light and heavy arty, the somuas, 3 chars, 4 platoons of infantry, some HMGs, a couple at guns, and 2 or 3 mortar platoons. I can get an exact list of his collection in the morning.
>>
File: 1481797065738679854193.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
1481797065738679854193.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
I got 3 of these second hand but none of them has side skirting.

What could i use to fix this?
>>
>>50707535
Plasticard, a sharp knife, and blood for the blood god.
>>
>>50705779

>theyre changing the points type

Ah, so they're essentially forcing us to drop all our old books, got it.

Really not liking the sound of this. The new point scale just does not strike me as a good idea. There's so many tiny little upgrades that are available in the WWII books that will be tricky to balance correctly in this new scale.

Maybe I'll be proved wrong, and I really hope I am, but I've got a bad feeling about this
>>
>>50707535
Run them as Desperate Measures tigers.
>>
>>50707535
thats how most would be late in the war as battle damage and lack of replacement parts took their toll. Leave em as is.
>>
>>50706277
It's because it's impossible to sell because the lists are so bytazine. My store's moved on to TY and order-in only because it's impossible to sell boxes of anything because of all the jump-in points.
>>
>>50707724
It's double-stupid because the points scale already goes in increments of 5; just divide everything by 5 and have 300 points.
>>
>>50707049
Pete said in the interview that they will be willing to directly send the book to you if there is not a store around.

>>50707241
It is weird, especially since they are changing artillery so much, but they didn't want to trash all the backlog of books they came out with. We will have to see about balance.

>>50707724
>Ah, so they're essentially forcing us to drop all our old books, got it.

If by all our books you mean Eastern Front and North Africa, ok.

>>50707899
B-but maths are too hard. Also why we are seeing no reform for scoring of lost platoons in tournaments. It's not like every smartphone has a calculator or anything.
>>
>>50707724
>tiny little upgrades
Literally shit nobody ever uses or that get used everytime so they will include them in the new point cost by putting them already in the unit
>>
>>50706967

Finns have tempted me for some time.

but seriously, they stole all their shit. what do you make n plastic that you don't jst take from russia? BT-42? the 3 you'll ever get?

plastic infantry is as far as that will go....

Italy has real issues their, though. they were unique players with unique gear.
>>
>>50708730
>tiny little upgrades
Mittlere Panzer company. You could:
>upgrade to Panzer III J (Late) for 15 pts
>upgrade to Panzer III N for 20 pts
>both of them have different armor and gun stats
You're BF, how do you do this in a 100 point scale?
>>
File: IMG_0720.jpg (52KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0720.jpg
52KB, 600x400px
>>50705779
>It's Happening, People!
>V4 is announced on the website....

Well, I don't see any fire and brimstone raining down from the heavens.

No earthquakes or volcanoes.

No rivers and seas boiling, or dead rising from the grave.

No human sacrifices, and only a few dogs and cats living together.

I'd say it's fairly safe to assume we're not heading for a disaster of Biblical proportions just quite yet.

I'm willing to save the mass hysteria until I actually see how good or bad it is.
>>
>>50709926
Remove one of the options and drink your tears.
>>
>>50709926
Make them both a 1 point upgrade.

It's like the Stillbrew being a 1 point per tank upgrade for the Brits in TY.
>>
Perhaps a bit of a stupid observation, but has anyone else noticed that it was "Version 3" and now it's "4th Edition"?

It seems like an odd wording change. *shrug*
>>
Looking forward to seeing it.

I assume plastic 8th Army and Afrika Korps infantry at some point if MW is going to be the flagship game? The metals are kinda meh.
>>
>>50709987
RIP panzer III J
>>
>>50707724
>There's so many tiny little upgrades
That you now spend 1 point on to give to the entire platoon, or that are incorporated into the points cost. When's the last time a German core infantry platoon didn't take the Panzerfaust/Knacker command team?

>>50709183
Vickers 6 Tonnes. The Landsverk SPAAGs. FT-17 bunkers. StuGs and Panzer 4s. They're not plastic, but they're there.
>>50706967
The Italians are hardly an afterthought. There's a reason they turn up at tournaments so often.
>>
>>50710427
Then maybe do 1 point for the 1 and 2 points for the other.
>>
>>50710703
no you retard, with a 1:15 point ratio by the time you're spending two points you'd just get a Panzer III L or M
>>
What?

Look, at 100 points, what used to be a 15 point upgrade would just be a 1 point upgrade.

20 points would probably be rounded down to 15, and also be 1 point.

Or the could make it two, but that would be aiming a bit high.

Either way, is. 15 vs 20 really that big of a difference that making them both 1 point in this new scale is absolutely god awful?

5 points is meaningless. That's an AAMG in the current points scale.
>>
>>50710838
you really won't get this until you've used some of the more oddball platoon choices like late war American Shermans or the MW Panzer platoons.

These units traditionally had a large variety of equipment that points wise really on differ by 5-10 pts in most instances. These differences are too small to properly divide at the "100pts" scale. So you end up with tanks that are either going to be too cheap or too expensive because they have to round up/down. It's either that, or theyre going to remove options, which isn't fun either.

I think the more annoying issue is that switching to unit cards is going to be hell to keep track of. For Grey Wolf alone you'd probably need 200 unit cards. I just want books dammit, I don't need index cards.

Final/most insignificant thing that most people won't care about, but the 100pts scale might not be as easy to scale up and down, like how we can do now for tourneys. I really liked how the meta for FoW went up and down in points to keep lists fresh and mix things up. I'm worried that 100pts won't scale as well. That was part of the point of having things like 5pt optional AAMG's and whatnot, it gave you that extra wiggle room where if you really needed to lose 10pts to make a list work you could. In the new scale thats 2/3 of a point, which isn't possible anymore. And with so many armies and books built around the old system, I just don't think itll be pretty. This isn't team yankee where you can count all your units on your hands, this is WWII where it's not uncommon to see 10-15 different tanks alone in a book, and that's before you even touch infantry or support options.

I just think they've made it too small. Had they done 300 or something I might've been less hesitant.

And again, I will be the first to be excited if I'm proved wrong, I've just got a bad gut feeling about it, and my gut is very rarely wrong.
>>
>>50711027
One quick thing to point out, EW and LW aren't going with the card format.

BF have admitted that it would be almost impossible to do it for those time periods. Especially for LW.

Those are staying at the current scale and in books.
>>
>>50711076
For now, anyway.
>>
>>50711076
>One quick thing to point out, EW and LW aren't going with the card format.
>Those are staying at the current scale and in books.
For now, that is.
>BF have admitted that it would be almost impossible to do it for those time periods. Especially for LW.
But somehow, MW, when one of the iconic platoons is the jalopy panzer, and the british commonwealth rifle platoon, it will work..

I'm mostly worried. if BF do this badly, MW will continue to barely exist, and I want to have tank battles in the desert...
>>
>>50706466
French (EW) is all about arty and move-or-shoot tanks. It can be frustrating on his end because of that either-or limitation to vehicles, but for MW the French tanks are fairly solid. Keep in mind however that Blitzkrieg vs Barbarossa is NOT a well balanced matchup. And if you're packing a looted T-34 or later Panzers, then that is going to severely handicap him. Bottom line, Chars and Somuas have issues against T-34s.
>>
>>50709926
Doesn't the article say 100 points will be a mid sized game?
>>
>>50712005
Yes? That's my issue. Instead of 1500 it will be 100. I'm not entirely sure what your point is?
>>
For your consideration: This Being a Further Study into the Trials and Tribulations of playing a Hero IS-2 Battalion
>>
>>50712698
Because 200 would be a normal game if 100 is a mid sized game.

At least that's what I got from it.
>>
>>50714153
3000 points is not a "normal game" for Flames though, that's fucking huge. 1750 is a lot and 2000 is a large game.
>>
>>50714153
Mid-sized = average, m8
>>
>>50711027
You have some interesting points about how the points system will struggle to scale up and down for tournaments and the like.

In general its pretty late to make a hiss and fuss over changes we have an issue with. When announcements like these are made the rules have been written and production is probably near completion. All that's left for BF to do is get all the books and products distributed around the world.
>>
>>50714412
Mid would mean not normal sized. Mod sized game would be a medium sized game compare to the norm.

>>50714575
Then they need to pick their wording better. Mid sized sounds like "not a full sized game, but a good middle ground" not "the standard."
>>
File: Nederland-05.jpg (26KB, 500x345px) Image search: [Google]
Nederland-05.jpg
26KB, 500x345px
>>50710073
>4th Edition
I am sure this will bode will.
>>
>>50707535
The new plastic kit has extra side skirts. Should be easy to get once other people get those new Tigers.
>>
>>50714121
He really needs to learn how to infantry.
>>
>>50717479
Or not IS-2.

His list would actually be better if he just ran a regular strelk or tank battalion, and fielded those 5 IS-2s as just an assault platoon.
>>
>>50714575

I strongly suspect 100 points in Mid will be equivalent to 2000 points from the current lists, with additional points changes aimed at getting more medium tanks on the table.

I don't really mind the points system and more medium tanks is a good thing, but from my experience with Team Yankee 100 points just isn't a good tourney format. With multiple formations certain players eyes light up and they go straight for 18-20 platoon forces. You're left standing there for 1/2 an hour while they deploy. It makes for interesting 3-4 hour games, but the potential variation isn't great for balanced or tourney play.

As with Team Yankee, BF is pushing it because they want to increase sales and model count. They've taken the time saved with the rules getting leaner and used it to pad the game size. That's 2nd to 3rd edition 40k right there...

If the cost for a competitive list goes up by $200 or so, the game will die, they'll be no new blood. The main thing it has going for it now is you can have awesome fun with Open Fire, a box of Panthers, some arty and recce.
>>
>>50718065
Or just fielded strelk and SU-122s/KV-1s, depending on what he uses the IS-2s for.
>>
>>50718065
Try playing with 80 points. Really makes list building more interesting as you have some hard decisions to make cutting down from your 100 point list. Still enough points to have a lot on the board and get the synergy between units.
>>
>>50718065
See, from Phil's wording I would think 200 would be the standard for WW2. Which would give them more wiggle room with points for various tanks and such.
>>
>>50719774
You are literally the only one reading it that way, man. TY has 100 as the standard game with about the same amount of stuff as a 1500 FOW force on the table, and most people use mid sized as average compared to a large or small game.
>>
>>50719774
TY has a huge waft of X-wing influence.

100 pts is standard, bloke.
>>
>>50720131
>>50720380
>With 100 points being the new medium-sized force
Phil's exact words.

If 100 will be standard they need to say standard. Makes me worry if they can't into English.
>>
>>50720656
Makes perfect sense to me, medium-sized would also be a good way to descrive 1500 "old" points.

Then again, I'm not an english major with a stick up my arse.
>>
>>50720678
I'm not trying to pick fights here, but the wording is kinda stupid.

If someone asks you what a medium sized game of TY is would you say 100 points?

I guess we'll wait and see, but I still maintain that's some shitty English there on Phil's part.
>>
>>50720775
No, because from what I've seen, most people play it at lower points. HOWEVER, it was designed to have 100 points be the middle, just as FoW was designed with 1500 points as the middle.
>>
>>50720886
Which just seems weird. I think "middle" as not being a full game. I would think 1500 is a normal game, and medium sized would be half that.

I mean we'll see what they do; I just think Phil chose an odd word.

Regardless of points I'm still stoked for plastic tanks for my Italians. I guess I can still buy infantry and big guns and such with no fears of those being replaced.

Wonder if Hungarians will get plastic tanks, too. Will probably grab PSC plastic T26's for my Finns.
>>
>>50721017
>medium sized game is 750 points

What the actual fuck are you on. Do you even play this game?
>>
>>50706727
>Anyone know of the scaled-down Open Fire rulebook would count for this? I mean it's the same book, just smaller, right?
Anybody?
>>
>>50721017
"Middle" is not "half" a game but a normal sized game wich is 1500-1750 points at the moment
>>
>>50709926
>upgrade to Panzer III J (Late) for 15 pts
>upgrade to Panzer III N for 20 pts
Make them both 1 point upgrades, if you want schurzen you pay 1 point for the whole unit, if you want .50 cals on your british shermans you pay 1 point for the whole unit.
It's not that difficult, also those 5 point upgrades nobody was ever using anyway will get shoved in the base cost of the tank or removed completely.
>>
>>50705941
I don think that is possible anywhere in my country.
>>
>>50721808
The J or N is a clearer issue because the J's got better RoF, but for most things that're more points they're clearly better; why would you ever take the worse one?
>>
>>50721808
And what about the Panzer IV E, which is 10 pts, and 1 less front armor than the Panzer III N (and the same gun)?
>>
Played my first couple of games in a few months last night.

1250 points, CT DM Tankovy vs trained US armour.

My list:
HQ T-34/85
6 T-34/85
7 T-34/76
Full Spetsnaz + faust
4 120mm mortars + obs
Limited Sturmoviks

His:
CC Jumbo 75mm, 2iC M4A3 76
3 M4A3 late, 1 M4A3 76
3 M4A3 late, 1 M4A3 76
2 M4A3 105
Full armoured rifles

Kind of limited lists, especially with the platoon counts, which would have some consequences for the games we played.

We first rolled up Encounter, with both of us deploying our main tank units and putting the rest into reserves.
The T-34/85s clashed with one of his units (including the CC) that advanced rapidly on my right flank, hidden from the rest of the battlefield by some woods.
On the left flank, he hid his other tank unit in some woods in a good firing position. That allowed me to double my T-34/76 unit close to the objective on my right on turn 2, parking on it on turn 3.
With one unit too far forward and with serious losses from the T-34/85s and the other slowed down by the woods, his only hope was a lucky turn 4 reserves roll that did not materialize.
Game over in Soviet turn 4, 6-1.

After that, I let him pick another mission for our next game: he picked Fighting Withdrawal, ending up the defender.
This game seemed a fair bit more balanced, though with some weird dice rolls, but quickly tilted in my favour a bit in.
Some effective air strikes at grouped-up Shermans in crop fields in the center combined with a strong push from my T-34/85s against the most lightly defended (only the 105s) objective on my right flank allowed me to take it at the start of turn 5.
At that point, the central unit of Shermans had been destroyed, while his heavier pressure on my left with the other Shermans held back my T-34/76es but also kept that unit from defending the objective in time.
I did lose my Spetsnaz on a low-odds gamble assaulting the objective on my left flank, which was in a wood and defended by the armoured rifles.
5-2 for the Motherland.
>>
>>50719207

We mostly play Team Yankee around 65 points, it gives a solid core force with enough support to enable combined arms, and cuts down on the utter weirdness of multiple formations and 18 platoon forces. The problem is that all the local TO's and cashed up gamers have gone straight for 100, because it's official and it lets them fulfill their weird NATOboo battlegroup fantasies. I like the idea of a cold-war game being set 'three days later', when you're piecing together a combat team from the survivors of a battalion.

I think we'll find that when Phil says 'mid sized game' he means the equivalent 2000 points, it's just that the base game is that much bigger than 1500 point mid war. Medium tanks are getting much cheaper and the battlefield will be very lethal for the first three turns. Games bigger than that are intended to be doubles or team based, probably on a 8x6 table (which works very well imo)

I saw a post on the FoW forum talking about how multiple formations will let him take a Crusader regiment. Sadly, that's the guy who V4 is designed for, someone who'll drop $400 on new plastic tank boxes to get his 'ideal' pristine force, that he can match against other 'ideal' forces at 100 point events. Meanwhile a newer player with $300 to spend will go with something like Bolt Action or 30k, because it's more effective for both time and money, and the top end of play isn't such a fucking shitfight.
>>
>>50723189
We will likely just have to wait and see. We at least have comfort that EW and LW will be sticking with the standard point system this year. Personally I still believe 100 points will be equal to roughly 1500 current points. If it were truely 2000 the language would be weird. Though I can't pretend to know what it will be.

The sad choice of any system that becomes more flexible like the formations system is that it opens up the door to cheese builds. I still think v4 with new plastic starter sets (that aren't Monty's Houds/ Stalin's Bears shit tier) will help get more people in the game, which would be much welcomed at my FLGS.
>>
>>50723552

My guess at 2000 is based on the way Team Yankee games tend to work, plus some rumours that they'll be a major points break to medium tanks in V4, with an eye towards at least 3 tank platoons in your average list. To me that results in maybe 200 extra points over 1500 mid, plus a break of 100 points per tank platoon. Hence 2000.

Overall it's a positive, if anything decent armour was way overcosted in mid, and it didn't really produce the swirling battles of movement that make that period interesting.

The downside is that multiple formations results in some weird shit, 1:100 points makes some units very efficient (LUUUUUUUUCHS), and that can result in some tiresome match-ups as you hack your way through 9 infantry platoons or 6 platoons worth of Spearhead deployment. Fun for a 4 hour game, unplayable in a tourney setting.

X-Wing isn't really a good comparison, it's essentially a Skirmish game, the real problem is Armada now that it's got a good range of ships and Rogue One has been released. It has very similar gameplay, costs about $300 if you pick the right units, and it's mostly pre-painted. Oh, and each game takes about 2 hours.
>>
Looks like the discord link in the post has expired. Can someone post a new one?
>>
>>50723856

I assume that was one of my old links. Thanks for merging it into the OP, whoever did that. Here is a fresh link.

https://discord.gg/drZbxvm

Red Banner Soviet Brainstorming Batalon

We are currently (though we've been silent lately) brainstorming ideas and researching more specific/unique/"snowflake" lists for the Soviets in Flames of War. Current direction moving forward seems to be focused on Soviet Airborne and a list to represent the desperate defense of Moscow before the counteroffensive. All insight would be welcome. I will hopefully have some time over the Christmas break to do some research.
>>
>>50724024
Yeah, I've been a bit busy lately. Should hopefully have some references for the A-20 though.
>>
Just posted on their FB.
>>
File: oh yes, straigt into the mesum.jpg (57KB, 612x800px) Image search: [Google]
oh yes, straigt into the mesum.jpg
57KB, 612x800px
>>50725310
>plastic UTs
yes
>>
>>50725310
It's a shame the brits are so mid-tier because they're dirt cheap to start up now with everything PSC's got going.

Also goddamnit, I want confirmations on the T-55s/Leos.
>>
>>50725875
Based on correspondence with Will at PSC, we're getting plastic valentines next year. I think they will likely be rolling out the North Africa models before TY. Besides,
>>
>>50725989
Yeah, the T-55s thing is also "correspondence" though.

Also I think you got cut off.
>>
>>50726398
I think I was going for "Besides which seems more probably given the past few releases?"
>>
>>50725310
Hm, how many do you guys think will be in one box? That pic seems to just be showing the various versions.
>>
>>50727556
I would bet 5, as with most of their other kits. 3 boxes will be about right anyway...
>>
>>50727587
What on earth do you need 15 UCs for?
>>
>>50727739
3 wasp, 6 or so each for NW Europe and the desert. Possibly a fourth box for OP vehicles and MMG carriers.
>>
File: BrenCarriers.jpg (59KB, 600x303px) Image search: [Google]
BrenCarriers.jpg
59KB, 600x303px
>>50727847
Maybe the formation system will let you build a force primarily consisting of Universal Carriers.
>>
>>50722329
Ideally they'd make them the same points and make the Ausf. N noticeably more useful against infantry. They're not better or worse than each other; they have different roles.

The tricky thing is when something's a straight upgrade, like Ausf. J vs. L. A one point difference might be excessive. Can we handle 0.5 point increments?
>>
>>50728743
>BREN CARRIERS
huh, my dad wasn't lying, those things are real.
my grandfather test drove those.
he's full of shit when he says my grandfather was a red devil though.
>>
Stuck at work bmp
>>
>>50728743
You can for EW Desert. I used to play it when Hellfire and Back came out.
>>
File: BMP.jpg (478KB, 985x567px) Image search: [Google]
BMP.jpg
478KB, 985x567px
>>
>>50721683
no.

the scaled down Flames of War rulebook might.

the Open Fire rules are now distinctly separate from FoW, and usually are 2 booklets, if i recall?
>>
>>50721838
name the country

>>50722525
better yet, since 2-5 Panzer E's can fire a bombardment.
>>
Still waiting for Battlefront to leak all the formations from Volksarmee
>>
>>50734707
me too....

where do we find that one pic, dunno if i saved it.
>>
File: Churchill - guards in Normandy.jpg (449KB, 1772x1775px) Image search: [Google]
Churchill - guards in Normandy.jpg
449KB, 1772x1775px
>>
>playing some EW at a flgs
>dude who just finished dystopian wars comes to spectate
>"this game looks pretty cool, but hows the fluff?"

is this how it feels to be a grognard who sees a 1943 shade of dunklegelb on a 1944 vehicle?

Anyway bump. this thread is way to close to pg10.
>>
>>50736899
He might have been assuming that you were playing one of the many weird war 2 games that are around. Or he could just be an utter moron.
>>
Wait ok so maybe I'm a retard but what late war german pioneers come with flame throwers? Is there a way to just get flame thrower teams seperately?

Also are the motorcycle teams the same from early to late war?
>>
>>50737606
Most (german) pioneer platoons can replace some pioneer rifle (or whatever they're armed with) teams with flame throwers, usually one per squad.

Motorcycle teams would be mostly the same, the only difference would likely be in the uniform of the passengers (that can be ignored), and they would have an MG42 instead of an MG34. Then again, most "motorcycle" teams in LW would most likely have kubelwagens instead.
>>
>>50733407
The one in the back looks shopped as fuck
>>
File: IMG_2881.jpg (93KB, 745x539px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2881.jpg
93KB, 745x539px
>>50735316
It's in wargames illustrated, but I got you covered.
>>
File: IMG_2892.jpg (64KB, 471x591px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2892.jpg
64KB, 471x591px
>>50735316
And the formation. I think their will be a T-72 compulsory version of the tank batalon as well.
>>
>>50736899
>"this game looks pretty cool, but hows the fluff?"
Well there's this Empire lead by this really cool guy who is trying to remove from his country a terrible plague however both the Alliance of the West and the Horde of the East want to exploit the Empire temporary weakness so they can vassilize and ensalve them in the name of their Dark Gods who are also the ones that spread the plague.
>>
File: 1473611490865.jpg (141KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1473611490865.jpg
141KB, 800x450px
>>50738867

What a beautifully simple description of Imperial Japan's reasons for war.
>>
Well, I was going to drop this after I got back from work, but with the roads being ice I've got more time before work. So have a batrep that perfectly demonstrates why infantry and recce are good.
>>
>>50739571
... I need to get paras. How does one get paras? How are PSC plastic paras?
>>
File: PSC Only.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
PSC Only.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>50739736
I've got the PSC plastic ones, though I'm still painting them before I put them on bases. You can make this entire list here using just the contents of their infantry and paratrooper heavy weapons boxes. It's great.
>>
>>50706947
>glasgow

weegies out
>>
>>50739571
Only thing I would say was why not use the 95mm to smoke the KT? Yeah, it's useless, so you may as well knock out the bigger gun on the table.
>>
>>50740351
Tried to, missed every time. Losing SIDF as well as just being an inferior 75mm really hurts.
>>
>>50737763
I guess I wasn't clear. I want to purchase pioneer models.

And I was already thinking the kubelwagen route so that's good. Now I just need a bunch of them.... PSC kubelwagens when
>>
File: 382.gif (162KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
382.gif
162KB, 600x399px
Shieet my famalams!

Seems like PSC plastic T-55s are confirmed!
Straight from Tim Harris posting on FB.
> So, it's now official The Plastic Soldier Company will be doing plastic T55, a box of 5 for £21.50 it's something we've been working on for a little while now, expect will to make an official announcement later this week. It'll certainly have the T55AM2B variant, but we want to make the box more flexible and wondered if you guys had any preferences for variants. In development meetings, it's been discussed a Czech version as well as the T55 Enigma (Iraqi). It needs to be easily changed, so likely a standard hull with optional parts to make the different variants. Think along the lines of our Panther. Bazooka skirts and the bra armour would be additions, as well as many of the storage bins for locating in different places. These should be available by early April latest, if all goes well.
>>
>>50740779
HAHA TIME FOR VOLKSARMEE
>>
File: strv121.jpg (58KB, 1136x635px) Image search: [Google]
strv121.jpg
58KB, 1136x635px
Against better judgment I'm doing this.
>>
>>50740936
Nice.

Is that an official camo pattern, or one of your own creation?

>>50740779
SWEET! That means Volksarmee can actually be affordable for people now.

Any confirmation to the plastic Leopard 1 rumors?
>>
>>50741399
>Is that an official camo pattern, or one of your own creation?
Looks like a standard swedish pattern The filename also gives a hint
>>
>>50741538
I just assumed it was random numbers and letters.
>>
File: strv121gv6 (1).jpg (40KB, 550x277px) Image search: [Google]
strv121gv6 (1).jpg
40KB, 550x277px
>>50741399
>>50741538
Yup, it's the swedish leo2, stridsvagn 121.

Sweden seems to have had at least two BMP-2s too.
>urge to include as an AO intensifies
>>
>>50740779
FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YES.

Told you homeboys.

Within the first four months of 2017? Fuck yeah, get in.
>>
File: pbv501-hammar.jpg (178KB, 992x744px) Image search: [Google]
pbv501-hammar.jpg
178KB, 992x744px
>>50741771
Make that 360 BMP-1s. And apparently, them rotting away in mothball is a small scandal.
>>
>>50739852
Right. I know what I'm getting for the next PSC sale...
>>
>>50740779
Are we being trolled? I can't see this on PSC's facebook.
>>
File: 2012-05-10-ravlunda-519web.jpg (143KB, 625x417px) Image search: [Google]
2012-05-10-ravlunda-519web.jpg
143KB, 625x417px
>>50741771
>Yup, it's the swedish leo2, stridsvagn 121.

The Swedish Leo 2A4 we should probably point out, since there's also the Strv122. Well, also and also, Strv121 ain't around any more (most may be in Indonesia by now), but we did have both a short while.

>>50741955
>And apparently, them rotting away in mothball is a small scandal.

Nothing I've heard about, but sure, I guess some people may have been a bit bothered about them becoming superfluos basically right on delivery. But they were cheap, we might be able to sell them to get most of the money back, and sitting around in storage like that is the fate of most of the invasion defence anyway, until there's an invasion to deal with. And if shit hits that fan it's always easier to start using something you have than somethign you haven't.
>>
File: pbv501-1.jpg (297KB, 992x661px) Image search: [Google]
pbv501-1.jpg
297KB, 992x661px
>>50742096
Yeah those BMPs where sold along for at least break even money I guess. Getting 433 of them for like 3million euros is ludicrous.
Regarding that scandal, it seemed it was an old opinion piece written by some politician. Most articles I've read seems to think the whole deal was a good one.
>>
File: 1994_T80U_Boden_Skaremyr.jpg (238KB, 1134x761px) Image search: [Google]
1994_T80U_Boden_Skaremyr.jpg
238KB, 1134x761px
>>50742133
>Yeah those BMPs where sold along for at least break even money I guess.

A quick lookup and it seems most of them have ended up going to Iraq, after a quick bit of shuffling around so it looked to the Swedish government like the Czechs were buying them. The remainder, apart form a few museum ones, may have been kept by the Czechs.

Now if the powers that were could just have waited a month of two with the Leo2 affair so we could have put the borrowed pair of T80U on the shooting range for destructive testing.
>>
Which calibre of Zis guns should I get?
>>
>>50742353
57mm before anything else comrade.
>>
So I was thinking: if BF wants to simplify the points then there's a far easier way without invalidating everything.

1500 is standard, right? Divide that by 10. All points divided by 10, round as needed. 150 points becomes the new standard.

Would help avoid a lot of the stuff mentioned earlier involving Germany and their 8,000 versions of the same tank.
>>
>>50742824
The entire points scale is literally already multiples of 5, just use 300 points.
>>
>>50742990
That could work too.
>>
Is there any army builder software or webpage?
>>
>>50742824
>All points divided by 10
>would help with tanks that cost 5 points difference

We get it, you've utterly failed to grasp the core of the issue in any way.

I don't understand why you keep posting.
>>
>>50743179
There are already things that cost 1/2 of a point.

Luchs recon vehicles in Leopard for example are 2 vehicles for 1 point.
>>
>>50743229
Which is a moot point since those are never available other than in groups of 2.
>>
>>50743179
Hence why I said round as needed. Something would come to 1.5 points? Round to 1 point if the other option comes to 2.

Just an idea.
>>
>>50743108
For FOW? forces.flamesofwar.com and also: http://fowlists.blogspot.com/
>>
>>50743770
Do note: you have to pay for (most) lists on forces. Meanwhile, fowlists are not quite on top of their errors, lacks some of the latest lists, and have a godawful layout.
>>
Does the Italian tankette ser come with enough to make them all with flamethrowers, or just one? The website isn't super helpful.
>>
>>50744955

Checked the 1st blister of those I had in my dungeon, if had all 4 - not sure if it's changed since I bought that blister though, but probably still all 4.
>>
>>50745322
Sweet, thanks. Need to grab some when I start building my EW stuff.
>>
>>50745814
v4 might actually get me to paint up the 2k Italians I bought for MW and never unboxed. here's hopin'
>>
>>50745899
I need to finish painting what I have, then I can justify buying more.

Italians are super fun, but they can be damn hard to win with. I've played them and Germans(borrowed a friends to try them out) and the Italians have a lot more charm if you ask me.
>>
>>50746249
The real problem i've had in the past with eyeties is that they really rely on fairly mediocre anti-tank guns to shift enemy tanks since their tanks are shit and their artillery nothing special. Hopefully the v4 ATG changes will help them out.
>>
File: 2817604.jpg (68KB, 416x469px) Image search: [Google]
2817604.jpg
68KB, 416x469px
>>50746285
I must have missed seeing it, but any idea how ATGs are gonna improve?
>>
>>50746357
No idea what ther're going to do, but they need 2 things:
1.) better survivability from tanks (maybe always get the 3+ save against tank teams? Maybe "cloaking" until tanks within 16"? who knows)
2.) A way to "Punch Up" - lots of AT values "cap out" lower than tanks can be. Nothing sucks like loading up on AT10 guns and suddenly nothing but Panthers.

I think the idea is to create a Rock-Paper-Scissors dynamic with ATG > Tanks > Artillery > Infantry > ATG sort of interplay going on, but I have no idea how they plan to create it.
>>
>>50746467
They ought to have a higher rate of fire. Of a challenger gets Rof 3 from an extra loader than why doesn't a PaK40 with a whole crew still only get Rof 2
>>
>>50746285
90/53s if you want big heavy guns. Also their arty isn't terrible, at least the times I've used mine.

Semoventes are the tank killers of that army, with m14/41s and lighter ATGs rounding the enemy up or forcing them to bail out and giving the Semoventes a chance to get even better firing angles.
>>
>>50746719
>90/53s
Oh, I use'd em, but
>Immobile aka no cover from dug in
>No gun shields hope you start dug in
>one gorillion points each
And other than those, it's welcome to AT town, population: Meh

Their artillery isn't -bad- it just has nothing special going for it. it's about on par with other axis artillery, but that means it's unreliable at actually killing anything.
>>
>>50746512
Especially when history favored the ATG for RoF.
>>
>>50746512
I could have sworn PaK 40 is already RoF 3...
>>
>>50746911
IIRC only the AT13 Flak guns
>>
>>50725310

Any word on when these'll be released?
>>
>>50746911
Nope. You can buy even MORE crew to upgrade the 8.8s to RoF 3 but not the other german AT guns
>>
>>50746512
It gets stupider with shit like the BS-3 atg and it's ROF 1, despite having infinite room to work, a crew of 5 to 8, and a rounds per minute 3 times that of a Jagdtiger.
>>
>>50747213
Amazing.
>>
>>50747213
BF makes so many bizarre decisions and the logic they sometimes post makes no sense.
>>
>>50746795
Isn't two 90/53s with 8 crew just over 200 points? That's not bad for 6 AT13 shots that can also do AA.

But yeah; Italians lack heavy hitting stuff which makes them harder to play. Still; I have far more fun with them than I did with Germans.
>>
>>50747439
200 points an't nothing, especially when it's a squad that can die to a single recce jeep with an MG, or a mortar in the right (wrong) mission.

200 is 15%-10% of your total available points most of the time, and while it can also do AA - you really can't afford to not be shooting tanks.
>>
>>50748600
Fair pointa all around.

I've got a pair of 88's and they tend to do fairly well. They do tend to die a lot, but they're a hell of a distraction.
>>
>>50746357
Does he really need to be standing that close?
>>
>>50749479
>shhhh
>Think of the Fatherland
>mein jungen
>keine Tränen
>>
>>50749479
>it is the joy stick, kamerade
>>
made with no regard for v4.
rate my horde list. honestly i just wanted to see how many stands i could have on the table while still being SOME support.

Italian Fucilieri (Africa)
Infantry Company, from North Africa, page 102

Compulsory Battaglione Fucilieri HQ (p.103) - CinC Rifle, 2inC Rifle (20 pts)

Compulsory Fucileri Company (p.103) - Command Rifle/MG with Passaglia Bombs, 6x Rifle/MG with Passaglia Bombs, 3x Mod 37 HMG, 3x 47/32 gun (225 pts)

Compulsory Fucileri Company (p.103) - Command Rifle/MG with Passaglia Bombs, 6x Rifle/MG with Passaglia Bombs, 3x Mod 37 HMG, 3x 47/32 gun (225 pts)

Fucileri Company (p.103) - Command Rifle/MG with Passaglia Bombs, 6x Rifle/MG with Passaglia Bombs, 3x Mod 37 HMG, 3x 47/32 gun (225 pts)

Fucilerri Mortar Platoon (p.107) - Command Rifle, 3x 81/14 mortar (60 pts)
- Observer Rifle (15 pts)

Howitzer Battery (p.112) - Command Rifle, Staff, 4x 100/17 howitzer (195 pts)

Heavy Anti-aircraft Platoon (p.112) - Command Lancia da 90/53, Lancia da 90/53 (220 pts)

Anti-aircraft / Anti-tank Platoon (p.113) - Command Rifle, 2x 90/53 gun (200 pts)

Air Support (p.111) - Limited Ju.87 Picchiatello (135 pts)

1520 Points, 7 Platoons

Should i get rid of the passaglia bombs? i play japan too so own goals come as second nature to me. also my infantry could ditch the 47/32 Infantry gun for a Pak36. Basically i'd be going from AT7 to AT6 but gain a gunshield.
>>
Hey anon, working on anything new at the moment? I'm preparing for a vacation, followed by moving house, and can't pull out the tin men. Ease my pain with your blood and guts.
>>
File: IMG_2883.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2883.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>50749684
Working on putting together one of the tank school german lists out of desperate measures. Assembling Panthers and a couple of the new plastic Pumas (incredible kit). Painted up some open fire StugGs. Going to paint some infantry and halftracks this weekend. Trying to get stuff ready to run a game for a friend when i go home after Christmas.
>>
File: IMAG0045.jpg (2MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0045.jpg
2MB, 2688x1520px
>>50749684
Here's a bunch of pictures from the Mega Battle I did last week. 6000 versus 6600 points. Table is 6x12.
>>
Shit was cash.
>>
File: IMAG0046A.jpg (1MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0046A.jpg
1MB, 2688x1520px
I was somewhere in the middle of the Axis deployment zone, King Tigers doing mostly Sweet FA for a while. Prinz Eugen was bringing down fire on the Allied Dogs though. That was great.
>>
File: IMAG0050.jpg (2MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0050.jpg
2MB, 2688x1520px
Shot down the Allied Heavy Cruiser's AOP first time we got a shot off. His CIC was buried in the city, so that pretty much stopped it from working ever.
>>
File: IMAG0053.jpg (2MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0053.jpg
2MB, 2688x1520px
Axis wrung out a Victory around 10:00pm local time as we called time so that the Young Gun could go to bed. 26-25 points. Next year I'm going to try and arrange this again, but better, early war, and with two less players. Eight is a touch unworkable.
>>
File: IMAG0052.jpg (3MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0052.jpg
3MB, 2688x1520px
Axis Artillery park and my KTs cruising around there somewhere.

Armies were:
Allied: American Armoured Company CV, mostly Shermans and Shermans and Shermans.
British Rifle with an unwholesome amount of Carriers, two full 25pdr batteries, 6pdrs, Hurricane IVs and infantry.
US Marines with Heavy Cruiser and some other junk.
Soviet Infantry, unknown type, supported by IL-2s and ISU-152s.
Axis:
2x Berlin Kampfgruppes with Street Barricades, Bed Bugs, Volkssturm and Hitlerjugend.
German Infantry supported by Armoured Cars, 105s, 155s and Me-262s.
Panzerbrigade 101 on the Eastern Front, 8x Panthers and the Prinz Eugen.
RT Kingtigers: 5x KTs, 4x SS Training Panzer IIIs, 4x Luftwaffe Flak.
>>
>>50749675
way too static and also illegal/10

The static-ness, IMHO, is really a broader problem with the Fucileri and not necessarily something you can address.

In v3 (who knows what v4 will bring) you need to be able to get up and contest/take objectives, you can't count on the enemy charging into you.

drop the 3rd Fucileri (if you can't do it with 2, it an't happein')
Drop the 2nd squad of 90/53s, you can't afford to spend 27% of your list on 4 guns, and you only get 1 selection from that box.

Drop the Junkers, you just can't count on them to do anything and really need the points elsewhere

You really need tanks/mass light transports, but this list doesn't have the ability to take them

(damn I miss easyarmy)

At 1520, for Italian infantry in NA, i'd suggest:

Bersaglieri HQ 2x Rifle Teams 30

Full Bersaglieri platoon (inc 3x AT rifles) 365
Short Bersaglieri platonn (inc 2x AT Rifles) 250

Mortar platoon w/ 3x mortars
3x Panzer III J(Late) (your one not-total-shit-tank, could do 4x semovente 75/18 instead)
4x M14/41 (your mediocre-mediums, at least they have 3x MGs)
2x Heavy AA guns w/ extra crew (88/56s or w/e)

6 platoons, errybruddy elite or better.

Being spaghetti-eater is suffering, not enough water in NA.
>>
>>50749954
why was that file deleted?
>>
File: british soldier laughing.gif (912KB, 397x312px) Image search: [Google]
british soldier laughing.gif
912KB, 397x312px
>>50750139
>two full 25pdr batteries
24 25pdrs THAT IS FUCKING BRITISH.
Sounds like it was an infantry clusterfuck
>>
>>50750260
Uploaded the wrong one.

>>50750302
More's the pity that 25pdrs are shiiiiit even enmass and he kept switching targets. The City was the infantry clusterfuck. I was out in the open, Panzering it up.
>>
>>50749675
If you really want a horde Italian list from North Africa you run either an Tunisan or Sicilian rifle company. I run Tunisan and without maxing it out between two rifle platoons I have 34 stands.
>>
>>50750210
eh my point was too see how much i could get on the table in terms of infantry stands. considering how much intergrated support you get i wanted to see how much i could push it with a fucilieri list.

how is it illegal? i'd check myself but i moved and left all my books with family in the old country :(
>>
>>50750830
You can't have the 90/53 battery and the Lancia da 90/53 platoon. You can take one or the other.
>>
>>50750830
you can only get 1 of the heavy AA platoons, they're in the same "box".

If you want to put a stupid number of stands on the table, Italians aren't the way to go: Russia does it better, but like >>50750704 said, the Tunisan or Sicilian Fucileri are better than the NA.
>>
>>50751028
>>50750704

Ah understood. it has been a long while since i looked at NA. All the talk of 4th edition got me interested in italians again.

i was using the fow blogspot which lets you do a lot of illegal things.
>>
>>50751162
I wish we could take more than 2 90/53s, but alas it doesn't seem possible.
>>
File: churchill - sara and shingle.jpg (112KB, 800x590px) Image search: [Google]
churchill - sara and shingle.jpg
112KB, 800x590px
What brand of plastic glue does /fowg/ recommend? I've currently gotten hold of a bottle of GF9, and holy shit is that stuff thick and gloopy.

Posting Churchills because churchills.
>>
>>50753095
I use cyanoacrylate even for plastics, i hate all gel glues like plastic glues and i hate the fact that they melt plastic so if you fuck up you ruin your whole model and you can't unfuck them if you glue them uncorrectly.
>>
File: kv.png (556KB, 736x506px) Image search: [Google]
kv.png
556KB, 736x506px
>>
>>50753095
Buy yourself some testor's model magic plastic cement in the black bottle with the needle applicator. The stuff is magic and goes on much thinner than your standard plastic cement. The needle applicator will help you apply the glue right where you need it.

Humbrol is also good, but it's hard to get a fresh bottle in burgerland.
>>
>>50754347
Model master* not model magic
>>
>>50754372
anyone know a good why to unclog those needles?
>>
>>50754934
2 methods,

1) Use a thin sewing needle or brass rod to ram out the debris in the needle.

2) Use a lighter to heat the needle abd burn out the cement that has clogged the needle.

I don't think I have any trouble with needle blockages out of the testors. The humbrol used to do it all the time, though I think I just got an old bottle delivered to me.
>>
>>50754934
Heat em up a bit, with something like a lighter.
Then squeeze so the now-molten clogging pops out.

The glue is flammable, though not extremely so, so do be careful.
>>
>>50754934
Lead for mechanical pencils goes down it perfectly, and cleans it out well. Pins and such work as well, and are less fragile. I've only had it REALLY clog up once, though.
>>
you can also use pure acetone, but I'd advise against it.
>>
>>50756131
I prefer to use Battlefront or PSC usually.
>>
>>50753999
>3700 points of tanks
>Single platoon
Oh Russia.
>>
>>50753431
Don't use superglue.

It's too runny and more often than not you'll accidentally glue yourself to the model as well.
>>
File: cdc.jpg (45KB, 546x366px) Image search: [Google]
cdc.jpg
45KB, 546x366px
>>50725310

I got a small pile of the crappy BF ones, look at those. They're fucking sharp. I could replace my whole fleet for I'm sure dirt cheap.
>>
>>50739571
How the hell did infantry kill so many tanks?
>>
>>50759014
I've got an EW aussie desert force that has a ton of carriers...most of which are recasts a friend of mine made for me. They're pretty poor but do the trick.

Once PSCs come out though...the whole fleet will be replaced.
>>
>>50758338
Man, I don't want to buy a whole nother thing of glue for building my TY stuff.

Oh well, just another expense of the hobby I suppose.
>>
>>50761296
once you put together a plastic kit with a proper cement and applicator you won't ever want to go back to superglue.
>>
>>50761591
I put my Heavy Gear stuff together with regular old super glue and it went fine.

Then again; very different models.
>>
>>50761656
>>50761296
Trust me when I say this, if I'd had to assemble my Hinds and my T-72s with Superglue, I'd have gone mad.
>>
>>50761828
Guess I'll have to check the hobby shops near me.
>>
>>50761828
Eh, each has their uses, but yeah, I prefer to use plastic glue on plastic minis.

And only use superglue on resin, metal, or any magnets I need to apply.
>>
>>50721017
>I would think 1500 is a normal game, and medium sized would be half that.
so what's a small game? 375?
>>
>>50762924
Realistically, I'd say that multiples of 250 sounds about right.

1000 is small, 1250 is medium, 1500 is standard, 1750 is large, and 2000 would be huge.
>>
>>50758335
Make that 4990 points if you upgrade them all to KV-1e.
>>
Sup /FoWg/
There's a sale at my local store and it has the old EW Armored Regiment.
I've been eyeing it and I do want to start EW africa is this a good starting point.
What do you anons think.
>>
>>50765425
What nation?
>>
>>50765543
british
>>
>>50765425
Not really, there are small differences in how the regiments were organied in africa and in france. Also, depending on how much of a sticker for detail you are, the tanks themselves were desertised and slightl different in africa.
>>
File: troop thumbs up.jpg (21KB, 473x390px) Image search: [Google]
troop thumbs up.jpg
21KB, 473x390px
>>50765798
good to know, thanks anon.
I',m not much of a stickler though and honestly if i was the amount of time/cost it would take to get the blisters would drive me nuts.
>>
>>50765887
Then my advice is to look up what models are in the regiment box, and compare them to what you can build from HFaB. I did it once, but I've forgotten the details (And I AM a sticker for details)
>>
one question here
I am currently building German infantry forces, should I make 3-men small based command team for 4th edition?
>>
>>50765937
HFaB?
>>
>>50765967
HellFire and Back. For EW desert lists.
>>
>>50765993
I really should have picked up on that
>>
New WWPD V4 podcast. I'm going to try listening without killing myself this time. STARTS 11 MINUTES IN
>7+ and 8+ to hit now included
>man-packed guns are "heavy weapons teams" and basically infantry teams
>Small guns: current light+medium
>Large guns: current heavy+immobile
>"a player may only take one observer in a force" burgers can swap for AOP
>transports are like TY in that they can roam around and be terrible human beings in general
>gun units don't take infantry commanders
>morale checks are only at start of turn--not after shooting and such
I quit I'm an hour in and they are screaming static. They are fucking screaming static and I missed at least half the changes because they are STUPID FUCKS WHO CAN'T SPEAK I'M DONE
>>
>>50766299
I shall have to try listening to it myself at some point soon.
>>
File: 1434063261692.png (47KB, 113x175px) Image search: [Google]
1434063261692.png
47KB, 113x175px
>>50766299
>>
>>50766299
Great, looks like I won't need to buy books for a while.
>>
>>50766299
The only thing that concerns me thus far is "Only one observer" that seems like a bad idea. Everything else I'm meh about.

What do you mean by screaming static? Is it like that big mess we get when we talk over each other on Panzerfunk but worse?
>>
>>50766299
>Armies can only have one observer
So that observer can spot for everyone? What if I bring multiple arty batteries?

Seems an odd change.
>>
>>50766299
>>7+ and 8+ to hit now included
>>morale checks are only at start of turn--not after shooting and such
Good.

>>Small guns: current light+medium
>>Large guns: current heavy+immobile
>>gun units don't take infantry commanders
>>man-packed guns are "heavy weapons teams" and basically infantry teams
Eh, not a fan but may be ok in play

>>"a player may only take one observer in a force" burgers can swap for AOP
>>transports are like TY in that they can roam around and be terrible human beings in general
Fuck off and die.
>>
>>"a player may only take one observer in a force" burgers can swap for AOP
SURE IS A GOOD FUCKING THING I HAVE 16 OF THEM PAINTED UP JESUS FUCK
>>
well... this seems more doom and gloom than when v3 came out but it could just be the increased traffic these threads has been getting.
>>
>>50768986
Bah. People were dooming and glooming just the only place was the forums and the forums are group think as fuck.
>>
will the v4 rulebook have the same decintergrating feature the v3 rulebook had?
>>
>>50769413
No they've fixed that for a couple years. If you buy or get mini v3 or Team Yankee books they're pretty solid.
>>
>>50766299
>morale checks are only at start of turn--not after shooting and such
What the fuck?
>>
>>50770025
If you are not in Good Spirits then you roll a check during the starting step. It's exactly like Team Yankee.
>>
>>50770512
That seems like a massive increase in survivability, especially for high-morale stuff, though. Checking in shooting and assault has a reasonable odds of scaring a fearless platoon off the board, but one check is relatively secure.
>>
>>50770538
Based off what I listened to it sounds like my Romanians will go to time every match.
>>
>>50766299
Just listened... I was pretty hopeful for V4: now, not so much.
>>
which wwpd podcast is it? god i hate those stooges so much i wish panzerfunk could get exclusives so we don't have to listen those douches.
>>
>>50771018
We'll do our own review when we get our hands on it.

And we'll probably discuss all the new info in the next episode.

I most likely won't be able to record before the new year. Too much Christmas, New Years, and birthday stuff going on.

But yeah, some time in January we should try to record our next episode.

As for getting exclusives, we'd have to go legitimate, and I have mixed feelings about that. We're very much a 4chan podcast, and I'd hate to lose that by trying to be "professional" and above the board.
>>
>>50763338
1250 I'd small, then medium, large, huge

I wouldn't rate 1000 as anything normal you pretty much need special rules to make that work at all well
>>
>>50771706
1000 points works, but barely. We've run a few tournaments at 1000 points at the local club. It gives tiny armies, but speeds up the game (somewhat, at least, since most folks run infantry at those points). The only change that's done, is to reduce the table area to 120 x 120 cm and adapt the missions (since the attacker otherwise would sometimes be without deployment area).
>>
>>50771856
Yea exactly; you used special rules to make it work.

Certainly doable and fun. We did tank aces to get a new player into the game while keeping games fast and simple.
>>
>>50771856
The current Open Fire set is about 1000 points per side.

And that certainly works as a low-level introduction to the game.
>>
>>50753095
I like the liquid kind with a brush applicator. I think mine's by Model Master. Maybe Testor's (same company anyway, iirc). No goop for me.
>>
>>50771164
Yeah, I get where you're coming from.

Exclusives and interviews would be nice, but the moment there's any association with 4chan people will automatically think /b/ and think you're a racist, homophobic mysoginist.

Sad because /tg/ is probably the best place on the net to discuss tabletop gaming.
>>
>>50773565
I think it's more about the piracy than the association with /b/ or /pol/.
>>
>>50773856
Six of one, half a dozen of the other.
>>
File: 1466605121565.jpg (38KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1466605121565.jpg
38KB, 480x360px
>>50773856
they just don't understand our memes
>>
>>50771164
I disagree with Eagles in that being 'professional' doesn't necessarily mean losing our edge. If we stripped out the 4chan association and the piracy encouragement, we'd be professional, you can put out a podcast for the public and say "Fuck" in it. Our tone need not change.

Also the joke Eagles cut from the last episode:
How is Princess Diana like Pink Floyd?
Their last big hit was 'The Wall'
>>
File: Abram.jpg (601KB, 1650x1275px) Image search: [Google]
Abram.jpg
601KB, 1650x1275px
>>50774556
tee hee good one

I'm trying to build two team yankee 75pts forces to demo it when out at some other non playing good game venues i know.

is there any good tips for me?
>>
>>50774818
The starter boxes for each nation are a good place to start. That'll give you helicopters and tanks for both sides.

Then add in some AA for both sides, and you have a decent set up for some rock-paper-scissor game play where you can show what different units are strong against or weak against.
>>
File: IMG_0714.jpg (153KB, 914x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0714.jpg
153KB, 914x600px
>>
File: IMAG0058.jpg (860KB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0058.jpg
860KB, 2688x1520px
Oh boy, it's package day. And I cleaned up my computer desk.
>>
File: IMAG0059.jpg (2MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0059.jpg
2MB, 2688x1520px
>>50776568
Noice. My Tigers, T-72s, and Magnets turned up.
>>
>>50766299
>>gun units don't take infantry commanders
so, no commanders for gun units?
>>
>>50777158
You nominate a gun team to be the commander. IIRC everyone now gets ranged in markers so staff teams are gone too.
>>
>>50769443
I got one with Rommel's Wolves.
It's the worst binding I've ever seen
>>
>>50769443
mine did end up with the special rules section falling out about hour after purchase, got it spiral bound at Kinko's and works fine now
>>
>>50777221
Christ
>>
>>50769443
The second or third time I opened it half the artillery section fell out.
>>
How am I doing? My gut was to have more T-72 platoons to take advantage of their one-off discount but I heard that tanks actually do better in bigger blobs.

Soviet Red Banner Tank Division
Tank Company, from Team Yankee, page 88

T-72 Tank Battalion HQ (p.89) - 1x T-72 (5 pts)

T-72 Tank Company (p.90) - 7x T-72 (32 pts)

T-72 Tank Company (p.90) - 6x T-72 (27 pts)

BMP-2 Motor Rifle Company (p.94) - 7x AK-74 with RPG-18, 6x RPG-7, 2x PKM LMG, 9x BMP-2 (18 pts)
- 1x SA-14 Gremlin AA missile, 1x BMP-2 (2 pts)

ZSU-23-4 Shilka AA Platoon (p.91) - 4x ZSU-23-4 Shilka (4 pts)

SA-13 Gopher SAM Platoon (p.81) - 4x SA-13 Gopher (4 pts)

2S1 Carnation SP Howitzer Battery (p.95) - 3x 2S1 Carnation (5 pts)

BMP-1 Observation Post (p.96) - 1x BMP-1 OP (1 pts)

98 Points, 0 Platoons
>>
>>50779619
In TY tanks test morale when they fall below two operating tanks, so the more you have the safer you are from running off after a few hits. Which is why it costs more to have a bunch
>>
>>50779619
Big blobs are better for morale, but are more difficult to maneuver around the table in an efficient manner.
>>
>>50777221
The new stuff regarding arty seems sillier and sillier with each new bit.
>>
>>50782734
Indeed. Just take it off the fucking board already if you're going to fuck with it so much, battlefront.
>>
>>50777221
THis sucks major bollocks, the Staff teams are some of the best stuff to assemble and give a bit of character (nervermind BF having to redo all the fucking artillery boxes)... I guess I'll convert a few large bases as artillery gun stand ins with "staff teams" on them... (Or perhaps just medium bases that can be slotted onto my current staff teams, kind of how it's done with 88 extra crew).
>>
File: 1442591732115.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1442591732115.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
Bumping with a blurb I saw on the side of a 1/35 KV2 model kit last year.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>50766299
>transports are like TY in that they can roam around and be terrible human beings in general
I can't wait to have 6 kangaroos roaming around and being a nuisance to everyone
>>
>>50786541
>152 millimiters of howitzers
That's a lot of howitzers if you ask me
>>
>>50784767
yeah fuck it. in friendly games im keeping old arty rules.

i mean if bf wanna get nit picky about what should and shouldn't be on the field, then arty would need to be taken out entirely and replaced with an AO.... but oh snap we only get one now.
>>
>>50786950
Also, if all artillery get All Guns Repeat and such, there's even less reason to field german (or russian) tube artillery... and those aren't exactly plentyful as is. Meanwhile, we'll have to see how british and us special rules gets changed, if those will also go over to Mortars and Rocket Launchers Over All...
>>
>>50786554
No, they're Passerger Fired, so currently would need a team mounted to fire the weapon. Though I suppose V4 might do away with PF MGs, in which case fuck BF: they are supposed to remove cheese, not add more. If no more PassFired MGs, that 13-vehicle Motostrelk arty battery with White Scout Cars and. 50cals is going to be plain retarded...
>>
>>50787287
Are you sure the hull MG is passenger fired? I don't see it written anywhere
>>
File: IMG_0815.jpg (29KB, 392x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0815.jpg
29KB, 392x500px
>>50786541
I've seen some bad translations, but this is pretty high up there.
>>
>>50788048
You're right, the Deck Turret MG is not PassFired, the one you want, the. 50cal, is...still, I'm not sure how it will work in V4.
>>
>>50789635
I want them to nerf .50cals
Screw you, Yankees, suffer like the rest of us!
>>
>>50790261
> Battlefront
> Would nerf US. Ever.

Anon, I think we need to talk...
>>
>>50790701
>No US nerfs

>forgets the rewrite of the Tank Destroyer rules, the Patton fix, and the support platoons ratings fix
>>
>>50792475
> Thinks fixing broken things count as nerfs...
>>
>>50792721
Not him, but Patton was definately a nerf. It wasn't some unforseen interaction or ambiguous wording that got changed, it was explicitly designed one way, then they realised that he was too powerful, and so they updated him to be still strong but less over the top. Or, in the gaming vernacular, they nerfed him.
>>
>>50792721
That's what a nerf is.
>>
My FLGS got a preview copy of Volksarmee today. 10 T-55AM2's is 16 pts. Including the command tank, I can get 21 T-55AM2's for 33 points. That's what, 3 Abrams?
>>
>>50794661
That's maxing out on the compulsory slots. I can still take another slot of T-55AM2's or a slot of T-72M's if I wanted.

The only difference between the T-72 and the T-72M is that the T-72M has 1 point less front armour.
>>
>>50794661
3 Leo 2's. I really disagree with battlefront's interpretation of the T-55. Maybe there is still hope for the AIW and Vietnam reboots. You can get 21 tanks for 33 points because they are slow firing and overloaded.

Even if this is the more historically accurate interpretation, they should have spared the negative traits so the game doesn't further devolve into parking lot hordes.

If I am going to be putting 30+ MBTs on the table per side, I can assure you it will be 6mm.
>>
>>50794661
>someone somewhere has seen the book
This is the point in the sequence where the scan begging starts right?
>>
>>50792780
Nah, towed TDs and mixed ratings were definitely an oversight.
>>
>>50794661
It still gets BDD, AT 22? The heck?
>>
>>50795104
I can understand them going with tankspam chaff points cost if they went with the T-55A but I expected something a little more "premium" with them deciding to go with the T-55AM2. Sure, it's still an outdated tank but it's the best possible variant of that tank.
>>
>>50795593
Exactly my thinking. Yes extra armor may make the tank heavier, but 4+ cross is the same level as a wheeled armored car. Stillbrew Chieftains are a 3+ cross. As for slow firing, the fighting compartment may be cramped, but surely the modernized rangefinder should compensate for some of loading delay. Adding an extra +1 to hit while moving puts treats it like self propelled artillery.

Or maybe giving out some one or two bastion missile options per company for a point a piece.
>>
File: 1313965665988.gif (1MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1313965665988.gif
1MB, 300x169px
>AT17
>side armor 9
>the only tank that can bounce a side shot from a T-55 is another T-55 at long range
>>
>>50796217
This is what happens when I post after not sleeping for several days sorry everyone.
>>
>>50796240
goto beddybos
>>
File: IMG_0002.jpg (32KB, 157x160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0002.jpg
32KB, 157x160px
>>50796217
>>50796240

Back to Gulag for reducation, Tovarich.
>>
>>50794661
16 points?! They're selling a £45 resin box of stuff you're going to need at least 20 of?

>>50795104
Isn't the new tank worse than the one in 'nam, now? I thought stabilisers allowed moving fire in that edition.
>>
>>50796540
>Isn't the new tank worse than the one in 'nam, now? I thought stabilisers allowed moving fire in that edition.
Removed the RoF 1 ("Slow firing") penalty, left hen-and-chicks. Since we no longer have H&C (it's effectively folded into command radius now), yeah, they're worse than the ones in Vietnam.

They're also somehow a generation behind in ammunition; I had theorised that the NVA didn't get the good stuff and that their T-72s would be AT 21, as well (like how the Leopard's a point worse despite being the same as the 105mm on the Abrams), but apparently not. Seriously, Battlefront, if this is what happens when you rush stuff forward just take your time.
>>
>>50796603
Personally I want them to just have a schedule that doesn't make it painfully obvious who's the NPC faction. It was bad enough when I was playing 40k.
>>
>tfw you're probably going to have to sell an army because of money troubles

feels bad man
>>
>>50796665
The Soviets have some powerful lists that you can build, depending on your opponent.

Are they a bit spammy? A little, but you can reasonably build a force that isn't significantly larger than a NATO force if you try.

The East Germans however, that is just ridiculous amounts of spam.

It could be semi-reasonable if their main unit was in plastic, but seems a bit outrageous when it is in resin.
>>
>>50705779

Are you all ready for plastic short shorts? I know I fucking am.
>>
>>50799462
Lookin' forward to E. German T-72 lists, actually. Better chances to use some of the skill-based stuff and better odds at actually getting decent artillery/rocket salvos in.
>>
>>50795170
We could still use a full scan of Iron Maiden if we're gonna beg for scans...

Rules only is good for the short term, but a full scan would be nice.
>>
>>50799508
oh man i forgot how not threatening shorts are. they look like boyscouts.

might be a cultural thing but people stop wearing shorts around age 9 so i mentally pair these rugged desert rats with school boys.
>>
>>50800595
Do you live in a place without summer? Shorts are vital to not literally die during tough NZ/Australian/Parts of the USA/Desert summers.
>>
>>50797529

Sorry to hear that, chap. Depending on where you're based, if you did have to sell, how about selling to a /fowg/ person? That way you'd know it'd be taken care of, and when money turns around, we'd probably be happy to sell it back at the same price?
>>
>>50799462
I mean in the sense that it's really obvious warpac are the opfor. It's the same thing that ended up happening with AIW and Vietnam.
>>
>>50800714
im bosnian so our summerrs are mild. but i lived in Auckland for 6 years. hottest it got is maybe 27.

i guess it is cultural
>>
>>50803092
you mean how if you're not "the good guys" or nazi germany then you're pretty much there to be used as nameless mooks to be shot at? thats the feeling i get.
>>
>>50800595

Probably cultural. Here in australia footy players wear shorts almost tight enough that you can tell their religion.
>>
>>50800595
Summers here in Utah get pretty bad. I know some people who just wear jeans year round, but when it's regularly hovering around 100 every day shorts are a godsend.

>>50803092
Where the non-Isreal armies that bad? I looked at AIW, but never super close since I didn't think anyone played it.
>>
>>50804222
I did not need that mental image.

Also, can someone start up the new thread?
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.