[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I learn to make silly voices? And also good voices.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: treguard.jpg (27KB, 1024x720px) Image search: [Google]
treguard.jpg
27KB, 1024x720px
How do I learn to make silly voices? And also good voices.
>>
>>50697801
Only way to learn is to practice. Talking into a mirror helps as well.
>>
Practice imitating the voices of the characters you want to imitate and keep doing it until you can pull off a convincing impression
>>
>>50697860
>>50697880
Imitate voices and practice. Got it. Anything else?
>>
>>50697954

Listen to many speakers of the language you want to imitate.
Accostume your ear to hearing a certain way of speaking, the imitate it.
Really, that's it. Excercise and imitation.
>>
>>50698031
How do I become more objective at judging if my voicing is good or not?
>>
>>50698170

Objectivity isn't a resource, it's a state of mind.

You simply have to be willing to step back and analyze for yourself if the quality is up to your standard. Record yourself and play it back if you must, and maybe ask your friends/players for feedback. If you're looking to imitate certain dialects, regularly compare them to their source to ensure you're on the right track.

I'd also advocate singing lessons, or something similar. Even just practicing your vocal range can give you access to more varied voice pitches.
>>
>>50697954
start with the Old Jewish inflection. There's nothing funnier than Jews.
>>
>>50698469
What if I find that I physically can't manage to make a voice as good as I want it to be. And singing lessons sadly won't work as I have no singing talent whatsoever. Would love to know other ways to practice vocal range though.
>>
>>50698170
>>50698562
>Talent
Fuck you.

I say this as most friendly anon, and inform you that "singing" isn't talent.

It's a craft. You have certain techniques that you train to get better at this craft. There's no magical fairy that bestows you these skills, it's behind work.

The best way to learn without dedicated teacher? Record yourself. Everything you train, record yourself. Review those records.

And before you go and apply yourself to some siberian gulag school for classical soviet oktavists, I'll just say that search online for mongolian throat singing. It's probably the strangest singing voice you can make, learning it doesn't take that long and you'll sound dope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XuFNG_Oj70
>>
>>50699166
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW7uvYz9yjA
>>
>>50699186
>>50699166
Or, you can go big or go home:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNb54rwDQJM
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.