[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What 3rd party miniature manufacturer is best ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 5

File: 1439391247634.jpg (76KB, 800x629px) Image search: [Google]
1439391247634.jpg
76KB, 800x629px
sup teej ?
I've been wanting to get back into miniature painting and all things GW have gone way out of my price range so I was looking at other manufacturers.

What do you think of Anvil Industries and Pig Iron ? They look fine to me, but has anyone had issues with quality, delivery, etc ... ? Notable things about them ?

Any other suggestions form other vendors ? Mostly for sci-fi minis with more or less the same tone as 40k

Also : how the fuck do you strip paint from pastic minis ?
>>
File: 1400833164099.jpg (17KB, 233x300px) Image search: [Google]
1400833164099.jpg
17KB, 233x300px
>>50695074
>>
>>50695074
That poledancer looks like a hasslefree mini. They have a very broad range of cool minis.
>>
File: 1400833507898.jpg (77KB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
1400833507898.jpg
77KB, 500x336px
>>50695188
thanks, they have nice titties
>>
File: HFGGL2 Alpha Zorgl composite.jpg (712KB, 780x1000px) Image search: [Google]
HFGGL2 Alpha Zorgl composite.jpg
712KB, 780x1000px
perfectly suitable for a daemon prince
>>
>>50695074
Anvil are based, pig iron are pretty good but their stuff is metal which means that if you use their heads your models become top heavy.

Never had any problems with anvil.

Other manufacturers include madrobot, puppetswar, and random ebay manufacturers.
>>
Dreamforge has a bunch of plastic space nazis which should work. If price is your concern then take note that the figures are consistently half the price of GW figures.

Wargames Factory used to sell even cheaper space nazis as guard stand ins, but I don't think that they sell them anymore.

Mantic with their Warpath Kickstarter is also putting out a bunch of 40Kish figures which should hit shelf soon. Some guard and orks proxies, and you have space skaven plus mutants which should work for Heretics & Renegades.

You can always convert some historical dudes to be guard. Very rewarding and affordable rather than just buying clones. Buy a bunch of Cadian arms from ebay for cheap, and buy let's say some WW2 Soviets from Warlord (40 for $40) to attach them to for cheap Valhallans. You can do the same with the Victorian British, and any other appropriate historical plastics.
>>
File: THOUSAND-SONS-TERMINATORS-1.jpg (174KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
THOUSAND-SONS-TERMINATORS-1.jpg
174KB, 800x800px
>>50695074
I ordered some of the Necrocyborgs from Wargame Exclusive, they seems alright to me. Most of their stuff is just titties and ass, but they have a really good 1kSons line.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.