[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Magic The Gathering Ask A Judge -「 W E D N E S D A Y W E E K 」

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 57.jpg (46KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
57.jpg
46KB, 312x445px
Good morning boys and girls and welcome back to Ask A Judge!
>>
>>50693063
Yeesh, slow morning.
>>
Does pyromancer's assencion get counters from playing cards from your graveyard with harness the storm?
>>
>>50693656
It can, but not the way you probably think.

If I cast an Anticipate while I have a Harness the Storm on board, and another Anticipate in the bin, I get a grand total of one counter on Ascension, from casting that first Anticipate. When the Harness trigger resolves, it'll have me cast the other Anticipate from my graveyard; however, step one of casting it is to move it from the graveyard to the stack. So once I have successfully "cast" that Anticipate, there's no Anticipates in my graveyard, so Pyromancer's Ascension won't trigger.

If there were TWO Anticipates in my bin, though, I would get a trigger from the Harnessed Anticipate, since there's still an Anticipate in my graveyard.
>>
>>50693063
>Mentor of the Meek is up
>+2/+2 Anthem active
>1/1 Soldier etb
>Mentor of the Meek trigger?
>>
>>50693679
Nope. Your 1/1 soldier is a 3/3 from the moment it hits the board. It doesn't come in as a 1/1 to trigger things, then get the boost; there's never a moment that it's on the board without that boost.
>>
Me again with another pyromancer's/harness the storm question if pyro has popped off and i have like two bolts in my yard can i cast a bolt, copy it with pyro and then cast the two bolts in my yard with harness?
>>
>>50693966
You cannot. Ascension does not cast a spell, it creates a copy directly on the stack. Since the copy was not cast, it won't trigger Harness. You'll cast Bolt A, which will trigger Ascension and Harness. Ascension will make a copy, Harness will let you cast Bolt B, and casting Bolt B will trigger Ascension. Total of 2 bolts being cast, and 4 resolving.
>>
File: Qweschun.png (434KB, 528x370px) Image search: [Google]
Qweschun.png
434KB, 528x370px
>>50693063
Hey judge, thanks for doing this.

I cast Progenitor Mimic copying my commander, then my opponent casts Frenzied Fugue on Progenitor Mimic. Does he gain a copy of my commander at the beginning of his upkeep?

Also how do I deal with this sort of question in general? That is, if two abilities happen at the same time, and the order of activation matters, what determines the order they happen in?
>>
>>50694036
They will not. At the beginning of their upkeep, Fugue will trigger, but they won't gain control of the Mimic until after that trigger RESOLVES. At that time it's well past the point in the upkeep where Mimic would trigger.

For general purposes, if two triggered abilities want to go onto the stack at the same time, you do AP/NAP order; Active Player (the person whose turn it is) puts their triggers on the stack in whatever order they like, then the Non-Active Player (the person whose turn it is NOT) does the same; NAP's triggers will resolve first.

In this case however that doesn't matter, because the Mimic's never gonna trigger in this situation. Also, triggered abilities do not 'activate'.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.