[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stories about 'That Guy'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: Arse.jpg (6KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
Arse.jpg
6KB, 240x180px
>Be Me
>Playing a campaign that has been running on for a while, so all the players are fairly high leveled
>New guy wants to join
>DM gives some leeway for character creation since we were fairly highly leveled
>Guy decides to create a Warforged who is fleshist
>Alright
>Warforged owns an extra-dimensional ship
>Alright, that can explain how we meet him
>Warforged has "Just some stuff from his other adventures"
>No one in the group thought it would be any thing TOO bad
>But it was

This guy only stayed for one session, and here is why.

>Doing some plot stuff, finding the macguffin to stop the Big Bad
>DM talks about how suddenly, a flying ship breaks into the sky above
>We go up, meet the guy, and he immediately is a dick to us because of his Fleshism
>Is threatening to use 'Mana Bombs', and is all edgy and shit
>OOC, the player explained that these bombs functioned like nukes

Now my DM is a swell guy. He has a cool goatee, and an even cooler attitude. When he heard this, he didn't want to pull the player aside about during this, but asked if he was serious about it. The player totally was. The DM just went along with it as best he could.

>We try to befriend the guy.
>A couple of us fudge the charisma roll
>"DROP THE MANA BOMBS! LOL"
>DM has us make some low DC rolls to stop the BS from occurring
>We do, and now the Warforged decides he wants to be friends!
>Sure, why not?

We went to a town after that debacle. Everyone is trying to be serious about the whole thing, even our comedic rogue. Except our new 'Friend'.

>"DM, my character fondles the nearest person"
>Nearest person was me
>My mouth drops about as low as the DM's
>"Alright... roll against Will."
>He beats my roll
>Fuck that shit, I cast displacement
>He misses
>"DM, I try again"
>He beats my roll again
>I don't have any other thing to protect me
>DM literally saves my ass by getting a ghost NPC to slap him
>Warforged tries to fondle the ghost in retaliation, phases through.
>>
>>50655058
>using diplomacy skills against another PC
>ever
Your group sounds like a bunch of shitters senpai
>>
>>50655178

My character's name is William, or will for short. easy to see how that can be confusing
>>
>We continue to try and find the macguffin in a graveyard that is religious to many
>Warforged decides "LOL, lets bomb it"
>DM tells him the same thing he told us, that there is a force field of energy blocking out visitors bearing hostile intent
>Player sulks
>When we get past it with the guy still at the entrance, we continue on

At this point, the Big Bad broke the barrier, and used the macguffin to create an evil duplicate of one of our strongest characters

>"DM, I teleport everyone out of there, and bomb the cemetery!"
>Everyone facepalms
>"Sure, fine, go ahead."
>He does so, but also teleports the Big Bad and his new friend on board
>We start fighting with the enemies, while the Warforged decides now would be a good time to bring out "Just some stuff from his other adventures".

What is this "stuff from other adventures?"

>Brings out a BFG, lightsabers, Halo spartan armor, and a pony from MLP.
>I wish I was making this shit up
>DM has to FIAT the BBEG out of this shit
>"Fine, I guess there is no choice"
>Warforged goes to destroy the core of his ship.
>OOC, the player explained that in doing so, it would destroy all existence, including other universes
>DM heavily blocks him
>Warforged instead decides to use a fucking time machine
>We go 2 years into the future after the BBEG and his evil compatriot get off the ship
>Without us to stop him, the BBEG has laid waste to the world, and has temporarily banished the gods
>Warforged gets split into 3 different personalities by an attack during time travel.
>As we try to scramble together and figure out what the hell just happened, the Warforged(s) combine together and are now the 'Becoming God'
>Makes the ship an arm thing that sits on top of his arm
>No longer says anything sensible, turns into a pokemon in a way, in that he only says "I am the becoming god."
>>
We ended the session shortly afterward.

My DM, as nice as he is, did not appreciate having months of preparation, progression, and good gameplay by himself and us just get screwed over by someones OP shit character. The player has since not returned, and the DM apologized for allowing it to happen. At least it gave us the interesting plot of finding a way to undo what has been done to the world. We still are trying to fix everything after what happened. All is good though, because the 'Becoming god' also got banished due to his god status.
>>
>>50655512
Your DM is too lenient.

Also, I went from complete disgust to also laughing my ass off towards the end there.
>>
Grow a spine and tell the obvious absolute faggot to fuck off.
>>
>>50655670
Read the thread.
>>
>>50655058
I'm surprised your GM let it go on for that long.
>>
>>50655681

What, the fact that he didn't return of his own accord?

Dumb niggers can't tell the faggot to fuck off as soon as he mouth breathes his first retarded quip.
>>
>be me
>playing mtgo/modo
>that guy with Ugin or Emrakul avatar
>You know you're gonna have a bad time.
Everytime, they always play some broken shit or no fun allowed/only I may play bullshit.

Fucking Ugin avatars.
>>
This game in general sounds fucking awful.
>>
>>50655492
I don't care how cool your DM's goatee is, he sounds like a dime-store lay down bitch.
>>
>>50655745
This was an older story. He really hadn't dealt with this kinda shit before, and had optimism in players. First mistake right there. He has since learned from his mistakes, and stops this kinda thing in it's tracks.
>>
>>50655512
Man I woulda slapped the neckbeard off that nigga. Don't let full retard ruin your sessions.
>>
>>50656529
Are you talking about the new guy or the gm?
>>
>>50656540
Fuckin both desu.
>>
>>50655058
>>50655512
>>50655588
I can't believe this type of shit happens outside of freeform.
>>
I once had a DM who sounds a lot like your "that guy"

It was our first time really playing 3.5, and he said he had played a lot and could DM for us. I think he expected us to all have crazy power builds at level 1 or something. Any skill check under a 20 total was failure, leading to us fucking up everything despite attempting to do what we were supposed to do.

>In a tavern
>Roll an 8 to pick up a drink
>Spill it and break the glass
>Roll a 12 to clean it up
>Bump into the barkeep and spill more alcohol
>Try to use the sink
>Somehow this ends with the alcohol getting set on fire, which spreads to the whole town
>Orcs take this opportunity to start raiding the town
>Can't remember much more except it was easier to hit the orcs than drink in a tavern
>At least until I asked if there was anything useful on the battlefield, such as high ground or cover
>DM mentions there's a small pile of rocks I could use
>That sounds stupid, but whatever
>Try to move on top of the rocks
>"Roll athletics"
>This is where I knew I fucked up
>Roll 16
>"You waste your turn jumping uselessly on the rocks"
>Orcs knock me unconscious next turn

>DM retcons it all by having his "level 13 half elf half vampire from another game" ride in on a unicorn, put out all the fire and kill the orcs in one spell, then scold us for "ruining everything"
>>
>>50659651
>making players roll to do mundane shit like picking up a glass
The fucking worst
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.