[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bullywugs as a core PC race

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0762.jpg (27KB, 315x327px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0762.jpg
27KB, 315x327px
Sup /tg/, I'm currently fleshing out a setting where magic is primarily used/made through music, basically the pantheon of the setting is a sort of orchestra on the cosmic scale, with their music literally weaving the setting into existence. I'm considering making one of the main races of the setting bullywugs, as their croaking could be fluffed as a very sort of deep, primal magic, with most bullywug adventurers either being druids or paladins (there's a frog god) how can I make them unique, and is it even a good idea to use a traditional "bad guy" race as a more moral and normal race?
>>
>>50654757
Bullywugs aren't a traditional bad guy race, they're so underused most players never encounter them during their hobby.
>>
>>50654813
I don't see why, like I'm not a furry or anything that fetishizes frogs, I just find the idea of a bumbling frog parading trying to do good adorable, plus frogs are generally dope
>>
>>50654845
>more moral and normal race
your players aren't going to have preconceptions about bullywugs because they elicit a huh what are those out of them at best.
>>
>>50654882
well, do you think it's a solid idea anon-kun? I want peoples opinions on if it's a cool idea or not
>>
>>50654956
Yeah whatever it's totally solid. Pathfinder has stats for a grippli pc race, use those.
>>
>>50654757
You just want priests of Kek in your setting.
>>
>>50655112
their god is basically the underlying baritone for the celestial symphony, and as such he's more of a chill, ever present kinda guy. he appreciates the grace in patience, seeing that slowly but surely working at away at a problem will eventually solve it. as such, he was tasked to be the god of death and rebirth, so his followers are very chill with the idea of death, knowing that each new crop of tadpoles contains the souls of their ancestors. the greatest achievement a bullywug paladin could achieve would be to permanently become one with their home swamp, being ever present and subtly offering guidance to those still stuck in the physical mortal coil
>>
File: froge.jpg (84KB, 500x696px)
froge.jpg
84KB, 500x696px
>>50654757
I love bullywugs as a PC race. I love bullywugs, and I love unconventional PC races. Goblins, fairies (especially like pixies and shit), fauns, satyrs, minotaurs, dryders, centaur, lamia/naga, lizard-folk, ogres, the undead, anything like that.

As for how to make bullywugs interesting, I suppose you could give them a big nature motif. Connected to the earth and water and plantlife, that sort of thing. High dex and con. Give their magic a lot of like, status effect powers. Poison, slowing down, stuff like that.

Culturally, a sort of swamp-people, cajun, bayou direction could be fun.

Actually, on that note, taking some influences from Voodoo for their magic could definitely work.
>>
>>50655484
OP here, glad to see a fellow frog lover, check out >>50655177 for a vague cultural explanation of the race, basically they're Druidic dudes who don't really care about dying due to usually coming back as a new tadpole eventually, with some interesting effects of such being that they very rarely leave their home swamp, unless called on by their local prophet of their frog god to go and spread his word. as such, most adventuring bullywugs encountered are paladins, but way more southern baptist styled. basically friendly, slightly backwards, and just wanting to convince people death isn't so bad
>>
Have Bokrug the water lizard god be friends with the frog god
Bokrug will avenge his followers but in a really creepy way, typically involving the shedding of skin.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.