[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wizards vs Sorcerers 5e

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0266.jpg (914KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0266.jpg
914KB, 3264x2448px
What class is better /tg/?
I need a new character for my campaign and I'm curious as to which one has better gameplay.
>>
I prefer sorcerers honestly. Their spell list is probably the best in 5e
>>
>>50648617
Are you going to cast twin haste on two martials? If so sorcerer is better. If not wizard schools generally give more than sorcerer archetypes and they get more spells. Charisma is also a better stat than intelligence most of the time, but it's marginal.
>>
Playtest Sorcs
>>
>>50648670
>I prefer sorcerers honestly. Their spell list is probably the best in 5e
Save for like 7 spells, all sorcerer spells in 5e are also wizard spells (and those that aren't are on another class' spell list besides).
>>
>>50648617
I like wizard better through sheer variance of casting. Sorc is better for Glass Cannon work, but if you want sheer utility you just can't beat wizard. The number of spells you'll have access to and that you cast at any time is insane.
>>
>>50648617
Sorcerers are better.
>>
>>50648617
Do you want to be a dragon and metamagic all the things? Sorcerer.
Do you want to have all the spells and some cool shit besides? Wizard.
>>
>>50648617
thanks doc
>>
>>50648617
Similar question to OP's: druid vs cleric?
>>
>>50656846
This one's a bit harder, since it's an easy argument to say sorcerors get the short end of the stick compared to wizards despite doing similar stuff. Basically if you like animals and think metal sucks, go druid. If you like being a tin can full of holy fury go cleric. You'll do roughly the same stuff, with the druid possibly getting just a few more damage spells than the cleric's mostly buffing repertoire.
>>
>>50656959
I can work with that summary. Thanks!
>>
This one is off-topic a bit, but I am having a hard time deciding on how I want to play my Bard. We are starting a new campaign this upcoming weekend.

I really wanted to play a Bronze Dragonborn Battle-Bard with focus on Lightning/Thunder spells (Lightning cone aoe, Thunderwave, Thunderclap cantrip), and picking up the College of Valor later on.

2 things why I am apprehensive about this

1) Our group is heavy melee; 4 players, 1 Eldritch Knight, 1 Monk, 1 Bard (me), and 1 Sorc. Playing this style would mean my healing abilities would be limited.

2) The setting the DM has it that Dragonborn are very, very rare. I don't want to roleplay a special snowflake, and it goes against the idea I had as a strong, battle-hardened warrior musician.

Or I could just play a standard High Elf Bard, playing as a Red Mage to round out the group.

Any thoughts, tips, or ideas? Do you think it would matter in the end?
>>
>>50657077
play what you wanna play, so long as the DM is cool with it
sure you might not be an optimized party, but there's more than just combat. Also it'll be fun having an unconventional group
>>
>>50656959
Something to add to this: check out "guiding bolt" cleric spell. Most OP 1st level spell in the game, in terms of consistency and usefulness in combat
>>
>>50657117
Ooh, it does look very nice.
>>
>>50656846
Druids are battlefield control supports with better damaging spells.
Clerics are front line supports with better support spells.
Druids can turn into animals while Clerics have channel divinity.
>>
>>50648617

Wizards have the general advantage because of greater spell versatility and unfathomably awesome archetype abilities from schools like Abjuration and Divination

The nicvhe for Sorcerors comes from using Metamagic to make their individual spells do shit thats not normally possible. Twinned Haste is neat but a Safe spell Stink Cloud could wreak an entire encounter. You need to do things like that to carry your weight in a party since their other abilities are pretty middling by comparison to a Wizard

>>50656846

Cleric is supposed to be a defensive caster-y kind of class that gets a bigger array of options thanks to the tons of domains

Druid is more focused on controlling the battlefield and with a few more damage spells but theres a lot of crossover with the Cleric. The archetypes arent as versatile and its basically a choice between a spell recovery mechanic+mediocre extra spells vs Much better shapeshifting
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.