[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Beastmen thread.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0881.jpg (181KB, 1146x904px)
IMG_0881.jpg
181KB, 1146x904px
Question of the day: how do you make beastmen, gnolls, even orcs savage while still making them suitable for PCs?
>>
Run an evil campaign.
>>
Give them character / cultural traits that would make people view them as cruel or uncivilized.
"Of course I eat the flesh of my fallen comrades. It is a sign of respect and they were respectable companions."
"Yes, I kiled the thief. What would you have done? Locked him up so he would never be able to move around freely? And yet you call me cruel."
"This bathing is just wrong. It gives you a stench that warns all prey that you are coming around. I 'bathe' when it is raining, human."
>>
>>50647593
Savage is quite the wide label. Just have the look a bit rough around the edges and avoid strongly regulated city building and you are practically there.

Elves are frequently "savage" if the live in the woods and wear fur and nobody questions it.
>>
>>50647593
>how do you make[...]even orcs savage while still making them suitable for PCs?

Simple. Make them relatable but still exotic enough to be seen as "foreign."

Take inspiration from how Russians, Poles, Germans, and Hungarians, may have viewed the invading Mongols. Or how the Romans viewed the barbarians of Germania or the vicious Huns under Attila.

One thing I do for a quick fix is just look up wikipedia articles on groups like that and look for quotes by people who lived at or near that period in time to see what they thought.

It's pretty simple and goes a long way in humanizing these races.
>>
File: M 013.jpg (351KB, 1000x1348px) Image search: [Google]
M 013.jpg
351KB, 1000x1348px
>>50647593
Marlysa had stone-cold no fucks given amphibians siding with the good guys.
>>
File: M 014.jpg (359KB, 1000x1348px) Image search: [Google]
M 014.jpg
359KB, 1000x1348px
>>50648174
>>
File: Got-Kobolds.jpg (211KB, 1074x849px) Image search: [Google]
Got-Kobolds.jpg
211KB, 1074x849px
>>50647638
First answer is best answer
>>
>>50647593
goddamn that setting has the coolest monsters
>>
Question about Gnolls
Are they like suppose to be That Guys?
I heard they became edgelords recently and I always thought they were murder hobos...
Are there weeaboo Gnolls and /d/ gnolls too.
>>
>>50653854
Well I mean, their god makes them murder the fuck out of anything they can and then eat it, and fills all who worship it with unending hunger and nihilism
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.