[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Playing RPGs with dad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1481480049168.jpg (41KB, 600x466px) Image search: [Google]
1481480049168.jpg
41KB, 600x466px
All my friends are stoners/sex addicts and don't have any interest in tabletop gaming.
I wish to play RPGs and I know my dad played a lot of RPGs a few years ago.
Should I play with him ? He can be a huge asshole but he's alright.
Any of you guys already played with a family member, if so how did it go ?
>>
>>50645950
DO IT.

Best case scenario: Sappy re-connecting with your father over a shared hobby ending.

Worst Case scenario: he says no or you don't enjoy it and go back to where you are now.
>>
>>50646013
Should we do a DM+1 player campaign or should I get someone to play with us ?
>>
>>50646013
The actual worst case scenario is his dad making it an erp and refusing to fade to black, though.

Then again what do I know, maybe your dad is hot.
>>
>>50646126
Get someone decent to play with you. In my experience DM+1 is something you do with either A) whoever you're currently dating, or B) someone from your group that you already have experience Roleplaying with.
>>
File: no fun.png (112KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
no fun.png
112KB, 500x500px
>>50645950
>Any of you guys already played with a family member
Yeah when I was a kid, I tried running a DnD game for my family because I had no one else to play with. It was probably the worst experience of my gaming career. My parents were both the worst and most extreme That Guys imaginable. My dad refused to do anything unless he was paid exorbitant amounts of money, ran away from every combat, and ordered my mom and sister around constantly, not letting them make any decisions. My mom spent the entire time trying to undermine me and distract everyone until there was total chaos and we were forced to stop. Which I guess I should have expected, since that was her reaction to every board game we ever tried to play growing up.

But go ahead and try, I guess. If your dad has actually played games in the past, it should be different. My parents literally don't enjoy fun. People don't always understand that or believe it when I say it, but it's totally serious. Imagine anything you've ever done that you thought was "fun". A game, a movie, going on a trip, telling a joke, whatever. They wouldn't enjoy it, and they would angrily judge anyone they say enjoying it.
>>
>>50646247
Do you mean decent has someone decent at roleplaying or someone that's fun and interested even tho he doesn't have any experience ?
>>50646377
Do they use 4chan by any chance ?
>>
>>50646452
>Do they use 4chan by any chance ?
I swear to god, they don't even have the internet.
>>
I ran a game for my dad in 3.5 back when I was about 14. He had a lot of heart attacks so he wasn't well and went to sleep early at night.

Last edition he played was 2.0 so he didn't really understand how to make a character sheet so I made one for him. I asked him what he wanted to play and he said Paladin.

I drew him up a lvl 1 paladin and the party encountered him in an inn they were staying in. Some assassins came for the party in the night and the paladin, hearing them come down the hallway woke up and drew his sword.

He fought off the assassins until the party got ready and even fought them back to the stairs leading to the downstairs section. He then kicked the front assassin down the stairs which failed a save completely and fell straight into the horn of the Rhino head I had described earlier at the base of the stairs.

His catch phrase was "I draw my sword." which was mainly his reaction to anything. He played a very "one sword keeps another in the sheath" type character.

I love my dad and I'm glad I got to play with him. He still to this day 10 years later will quote his catch phrase. All of my friends remember it too. I'm just lucky the dice favored the fuck out of him.

Pic related, dad on the left.
>>
>>50646542
That sounds like a great experience, super jelly of you.
>>
>>50646198
>The actual worst case scenario is his dad making it an erp and refusing to fade to black, though.
"Boy, didn't I teach you to follow through? Now roll for foreplay!"
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.