[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

System Agnostic Adventure Modules

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Q8rzs3p.png (1MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Q8rzs3p.png
1MB, 1500x1500px
I'm gonna have to GM multiple groups, so I think I might need to some pre-made adventures just so I'm less likely to get burned out.

Do you all know any good adventures that aren't tied to a specific system or would be easy to convert to another system? In terms of systemless adventures, I've only really been able to find some horror stuff. And they seem nice, but I know everybody doesn't dig horror.

Though I guess if converting isn't as hard I think it might be, it'd be cool if you could tell me what your favorite adventure modules are. And maybe some that you think would be great for first time roleplayers?

Thanks in advance!

pic unrelated
>>
>>50645242
Isn't the purpose of modules to deal with all the system-specific stuff that would take forever to prepare otherwise?
What use would a system agnostic module be?
>>
>>50645828
I didn't know actual plots and scenarios were apparently worthless.
>>
>>50646168
Just plots and scenarios do not a module make.
Not to mention that suitable plots and scenarios vary wildly from system to system.
>>
>>50646211
Then I'm talking about just an "adventure" and not a "module" but your definition? Though it sounds like what you're saying is a module is just a rules supplement.

And while I get your point to an extent about certain systems generally being for only certain kinds of stories, I'm not talking about running a high fantasy game in Traveler or something silly like that.
>>
>>50646762
Different guy here, what you're looking for is called a book.

A module will lay out a story, give you some branching paths and most importantly give you nice and tidy statblocks so you don't have to spend three hours looking through a rulebook.

It's also important that they stay within the frame of the system they were designed for because for example while a group of knights in full plate might be a tough challenge to a low level D&D 5e group it would be a fucking genocide in other systems.

And this so called adventure divorced of a system is divorced of exactly all the things that prevent that from happening.
>>
For a system agnostic module to work, the systems available must have no impact to speak of on the characters and plot.

That to me seems quite questionable. Especially in the case of magic, psinoics, SciFi tech etc, where we can't calibrate against reality, and as such what exactly can be achieved with what amount of effort will vary immensely.

Just go read some fiction. Or even non-fiction of suitable kinds.
>>
The closest thing you'll get is OSR modules/adventures. They're designed to suit any kind of OSR game, but I imagine that with a little tweaking they can work for other systems.
>>
>>50645242
There was something back in the olden days (2nd Edition D&D? Maybe late 1st edition) called "Book of Lairs". It is just a book full of 2-3 page encounters of various types.

I'm only thinking of it as I saw it floating around during my recent move. It's seems what you'd like though, just a bunch of short little encounter/adventures that take a few sessions.

Also poach stuff from other games. There is a trove of old Warhammer Fantasy adventures and decades of D&D ones between real modules and Dungeon magazine (a magazine devoted to short adventures).

You have to convert over for your system, but that helps with System Mastery (tm) and familiarizing yourself with the content anyways.

p.s. I enjoyed your pic.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.