[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

jojo's bizarre tabletop aka super stand sunday?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: highway star battle.jpg (1MB, 1207x873px) Image search: [Google]
highway star battle.jpg
1MB, 1207x873px
I'm interested in playing a JJBA game, but the pdf I found leaves some things kinda vague.

>Urgency
What's the limit on urgency? How is it determined?

>stats
Do you use the Stand's stats for the user as well?

>Burning
when you burn, do you have to re-roll with the stat you burned?
>>
File: jjba.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
jjba.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>50643718
the rulebook in question, in case anyone isn't familiar.
>>
>>50643718
What about this JJBA system?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ReSnZDUvIhpCG0X_8S5C-7P5vBRUb0P08gedAvs0oMc/edit
>>
File: jolyne vs pucci.jpg (987KB, 640x1204px) Image search: [Google]
jolyne vs pucci.jpg
987KB, 640x1204px
>>50644093
oh gosh, that one looks quite complicated, but I'll take a look, thanks!
>>
post Stands, both enemy and friend.
A revision of an earlier post.
MR. Fahrenheit
Power
Speed
Precision
Durability
Range
Potential
Ability: Phase Change. MR. Fahrenheit has the ability to change the phase of matter by one step, used only on touch, and this ability cannot be used on the same object more than once in the span of a minute, so no oraora into gas.(note that the change is accompanied by the needed changes in temperatures.)
Evolutions, MR. Fahrenheit will eventually gain the ability, burning through the sky, which is the ability to turn gas into plasma, and his last evolution will come in the form of Absolute zero where he can turn solids into Bose Einstein condensate. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bose%E2%80%93Einstein_condensate
it should be noted that this is the villian of the campaign im running, and that he is in fact, a child who has little in the way of what makes him a great villian, Dio's charisma, the Pillar mens' fighting prowess, Kira's luck and inteligence. Thats because his stand is the villian, as its personality is significantly stronger than his.
>>
>>50644230
shit forgot stats
Power A
Speed A
Precision C
Durability D
Range D
Potential B
>>
Oh good, I was waiting for this thread again.

Hit a bit of a wall planning my campaign, and need a few ideas. I'm the guy who's been posting stands like Better Than You, Citizen Kane, Star Spangled Banner, and Queensryche.

My campaign currently has 3 potential major villains depending on what the players do: Fly Like an Eagle, Better Than You, and a shadow government organization, currently WIP name is Let The Music Play.

I've got the first two down, what their motivations are, their goals, etc. The latter I have a few ideas for.

Current WIP plans: LTMP is a government division officially dedicated to researching Stands, where they came from, how they happen, and if the process can be replicated. They have, however, after seeing how powerful Stands are, and being Stand users themselves, decide to branch off and use Stands to take over America themselves. Their research would lead them to discover the following about Stands, and how the rules for Stand existence works in my setting.

1. Fragments from a certain meteorite cause Stands when it gets embedded in someone/something
2. Stands only happen when the "something": is humanoid and/or has some amount of intelligence. Humanoids tend to have more powerful stands.
3. Non-organic things can have Stands if it somehow meets one of those two criteria. For example, humanoid statues and non-humanoid computers can get stands. In statue's case, a Stand emerging grants the statue a limited form of sentience.
4. Larger meteor fragments generally cause more powerful Stands, though not always the case.

A lot of words there, but in short, the ultimate goal of LTMP is to take a meteor fragment they found, the largest one in existence(about the size of an elephant and weighing almost as much) and using it to turn a slightly modified Statue of Liberty into a Stand user.

Mostly, I'm struggling to figure out what the hell sort of Stand a living Statue of Liberty would have.
>>
Breaking the Law

Power C
Speed A
Range C
Precision A
Durabillity C
Potential D

When Breaking the Law comes in contact with blood it forms a contract with the bloods origin. ( These contracts need to be written down beforehand). When this contract is destroyed, for example ripped, the other end of the contract has to break it.

I will use this as a bbeg stand for a test Session with friends
>>
Here's a movie-themed Stand

Stand name: 「Dirty Harry」
Stand Appearance: 「Dirty Harry」looks like a .44 Magnum but highly exaggerated in its size and generally a bit more bizarre (akin to the way that 「Emperor」 looks like an odd gun). It has the word 'Punk' engraved along the barrel.
Stand Abilities: 「Dirty Harry」 is on a basic level easily more powerful than all normal handguns and can blow limbs clean off. Its accuracy is limited to the skill of its user, the bullets cannot be controlled. 「Dirty Harry」's user can designate a target for the Stand's ability; this ability being that 「Dirty Harry」 temporarily weakens the target's offensive capabilities. This takes various forms. Against a regular guy with a normal gun the gun might jam or some other occurence which disables or weakens their offensive capability. Against another stand user such as 「The World」 「Dirty Harry」 might reduce the number of seconds it can stop time for or otherwise make its punches weaker; the user cannot make a specific effect occur using 「Dirty Harry」's ability. Due to the temporary nature of 「Dirty Harry」's ability (no more than a couple of minutes) the user must act fast to defeat their opposition as once the effect wears off it cannot be reinstated for at least 3 hours on the same individual.
>>
>>50644406
The Statue of Liberty's stand name could be 「Real American」.

Stand Ability Idea: Here is an idea for you. 「Real American」's power is rooted in the national American patriotic feeling. As a result, LTMP has a vested interest in spreading false information, propaganda and false flag attacks in order to build up a fearful/xenophobic nationalism that empowers 「Real American」 further. The actual ability and appearance of 「Real American」 is harder, but I would assume it obviously draws heavily from the American national consciousness. Perhaps it has different forms based on different historical events/periods e.g. a Vietnam vet-esque humanoid form complete with flamethrower/napalm or a Civil War era form with rifle (maybe this takes the form of a smaller platoon like 「Bad Company」. Hopefully it gives you something to think about.
>>
>>50644667
>not a kentucky long rifle
>>
>>50645427
It's just a suggestion, I'm open to whatever. Even I don't think it's a particularly original or great idea.
>>
>>50644667
>Basically Super Bad Company with soldiers from all different points in American history, all the size of actual people because of the Statue of Liberty's size.

I kinda like that actually. I'll pin this down as a possible idea and work around that a bit.
>>
Another movie themed Stand for you

Stand name: 「Rush Hour」
Stand Appearance: A thin humanoid, it splits into two upper bodies from the waist up (so that it has two heads, four arms in total, etc). One of the upper bodies is a metallic black and blue pattern, the other a metallic red and yellow pattern.
Stand Ability: 「Rush Hour」 is not particularly a strong Stand but having 4 arms does benefit punching things. It is a quite lithe and acrobatic Stand, quick on its feet (despite only having 2 to its double upper bodies) and being adept at attacks with its legs as well, making it a hard Stand to pin down. The blue body is capable of firing pellets when it forms a gun shape with its hands. These pellets are slightly more powerful than BB gun level and so are not powerful offensive weapons but still have situational uses. The red body is better at CQC, able to pull off a special 'Vulcan Death Grip'-esque move if given the opportunity (this move only incapacitates however).
>>
Stand Name: 「Dabb On Em」
Stand Appearance: 「Dabb On Em」 takes the appearance of a muscular glittering golden humanoid which cannot move more than a few feet away from its user so that it tends to stand just behind or in front of them. On its 4 fingers on each hand/fist it has the letters 'D A B B O N E M' spelled out, a letter per finger. Its eyes are like Hierophant Green but crimson and it has a sort of crown shape on it head like 「White Snake」 but gold.
Stand Ability: When the user (or 「Dabb On Em」) dab an omnidirectional shockwave is released. 「Dabb On Em」, in order to carry out a particularly destructive dab, has to charge it up at the expense of not being able to move until it is charged and therefore rendering 「Dabb On Em」 defenceless in that time. 「Dabb On Em」 has above average strength in other ways like punching but its real strength lies in its aforementioned shockwave ability. This ability can be poweful enough to deflect projectiles and prevent weaker Stands from even approaching 「Dabb On Em」 if it charges up enough.
>>
「Cha Cha Slide」

「Cha Cha Slide」 resembles what a humanoid composed of the sort of flooring a typical dance floor might have, with shoulder-mounted disco lights, and the stand itself also wears oversized "cool guy" shades. The lights don't actually do anything and are just there for show.

「Cha Cha Slide」 has the power to add or remove the effect of friction on an object. Objects with their friction removed would be able to keep sliding, whether they want to or not, until they either leave 「Cha Cha Slide」's range, they hit a wall or some other obstacle, or he returns friction's effect on them. This sliding would continue regardless or how smooth or rough the terrain is.

Increasing friction could cause things to get friction burn quickly(and catch fire if they're flammable), cause them to be unable to even slide across solid ice, or cause objects to feel too heavy to push around, even if lifting them up would be child's play.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.