[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

D&D 5E trinkets and tourniquets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: capitalism, ho!.jpg (45KB, 482x495px) Image search: [Google]
capitalism, ho!.jpg
45KB, 482x495px
So the trinket table has quickly become the favorite part of chargen for my players, and I gotta admit, I think it's loads of fun too.
But can we expand it?
Let us invent trinkets, is what I am saying.
>>
>>50641376
>A set of three colorful silk hats, each large enough to fit on a finger.
>A magical stone that glows too dimly to read or see by but too brightly to be ignored in the dark.
>A book detailing the horrendous shapeshifting creature known as an Aupi.
>>
>an ornate snail-shell made in common metals, when placed down a mechanical snail deploys and moves forward in a straight line (slowly)
>>
>a carrot that appears to be a perfectly ordinary carrot in every respects, except that it is, in fact, made out of wood and cloth
>>
>a bookmark with a pressed six-leaf clover inside, but upon inspection it is revealed that the clover is an elaborate fake, stitched together with the tiniest of stitches.
>>
>a toy soldier with outlandish armour that is missing one leg, yet it stands with perfect balance.
>>
>A geode carved to look like a row of sharp teeth
>A well-worn boot that looks far too small for even a gnome
>A lock of hair of an unnatural colour with a pretty ribbon around it
>A piece of amber containing the fossilized remains of a strange bug
>A small wooden charm on a string bearing a runic inscription
>A copper piece bearing the likeness and name of a ruler you've never heard of
>A dress made for a child's doll, with a bloodstain on it
>A rock fragment that is painted on one side
>A shrunken monkey's head
>>
>A locket bearing the portrait of a distant ancestor
>A ring with a missing gemstone
>>
>A dagger as small as a fingernail but still dangerously sharp
>>
>A sea shell that makes a faint noise of rustling leaves of grass when held up to the ear
>>
>A small brass scarab, wings can be moved to reveal a intricately shaped glass carapace that can be used to magnify images
>A set of tiny metal figures in various shapes, some familiar like a thimble or an iron, some very foreign
>A small bowl that when stroked around the edge with a stick produces a ringing sound
>A small cactus that sways when music is played
>A tiny statue no bigger than your thumb depicting a famous wizard, the statue seems to change poses from time to time when you are not looking
>A stringed instruments bow that can play when rubbed against any surface, however it is badly out of tune
>A diminutive bow and quiver of tiny arrows suited for a pixie
>A small flat disk of unknown material, one side is like an opal mirror, the other has a beautiful image painted on it
>A bell that when rung makes no audible noise, yet scares away small animals
>A magical map that shows you detailed layouts of buildings you are not in
>A shiny brass goblet that when filled and left overnight will transform the contents into wine
>A brass oil lamp that when polished emits acrid blue smoke
>A music box that can can by turning the crank backwards record any tune, and then play it back
>>
File: monopoly[1].jpg (26KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
monopoly[1].jpg
26KB, 630x420px
>>50643911
>A small brass scarab, wings can be moved to reveal a intricately shaped glass carapace that can be used to magnify images
Isn't that a little too exploitable? A magnifying glass is 100gp.

>A set of tiny metal figures in various shapes, some familiar like a thimble or an iron, some very foreign
kek
>>
>>50643978
>Isn't that a little too exploitable? A magnifying glass is 100gp.
Huh kind of forgot about that. Are they actually useful?
>>
>>50644060
I suppose that depends on the circumstances and the DM.
>>
>>50644060
They're mostly useful as a lens I think, magnifying images should be fine.
>>
>A pair of bright red magic goggles that when looked into display a scene as if you were there, pressing the lever on the side of the device changes the scene into which you are looking
>>
> a cooking book witch include meat of sentient creatures in many recipes.
> a novel who is the equivalent of Don Quichott in your setting.
> a handful of small cogs of brass, cooper, lead, and glass.
> an arrow head covered of fine and unknow symbols.
> a collection of stamp inside a grammar book.
> a book titled "ten ways to ward from your in-law"
>>
File: list.png (534KB, 590x4646px) Image search: [Google]
list.png
534KB, 590x4646px
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.