[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice on playing Eldritch Knight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: tmp_1556-1478615415674573340840.jpg (220KB, 736x1085px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_1556-1478615415674573340840.jpg
220KB, 736x1085px
Playing 5e with my group and am a level 2 Fighter rn. I've been looking forward to playing as an eldritch knight for a while now, last I played was a champion which got a lil boring. Anyway, I'm looking for general advice at playing an Eldritch Knight regarding spell choice and tactics, but also roleplay wise.
>>
You don't need to invest much into Intelligence, at all, because all of Eldritch Knight's best spells don't rely on a modifier at all. You want things that buff you or increase your resilience, like Shield. Eldritch Knights are the most expressly "tank-y" of the Fighter archetypes because of that.

As for RP, it really depends on what you want to go for. There are a lot of different ways to go about it.
>>
>>50641262
I see that's good advice. I managed to get decent stats all around so luckily I didn't have to sacrifice to get a high int or other necessary stats. I am definitely planning on using Shield, and down the like Fire Shield. Do you have any other recommendations for spells?
>>
>>50641306
Find familiar and absorb elements are the staples.
>>
bump for interest in a way to RP an Eldritch knight
>>
>>50641239
Never pick an evocation spell (cantrips are fine though) only abjuration.
>>
Personally, right now my character is an ex-professor (to warrant some of my stats and backstory). Basically he worked at a magic college teaching history. Over the years he picked up some things and is on his way to combining his martial talents with magical ones. But I can't help but feel like I did a weak job of it, anyone have any input?
>>
>>50641536
Sounds like magical Indianna Jones.
>>
Get a cute hedgehog familiar
>>
>>50641306
I would try to get mirror Image and haste
>>
>>50642767
Mirror image looks pretty good now that you mention it. I'm not too sure about haste though. Am I reading too much into the loss of a turn at the end?
>>
>>50642585
Yeah lol that's what some people at my table were saying, though it wasn't on purpose. I'm trying to play him as more grumpy, so maybe Indiana Jones from the 4th movie.
>>
>>50642605
I did want a familiar, but is there a reason to choose a hedgehog over a bird? Cause I was planning on getting a crow or and owl or something.
>>
>>50643106
One of the best spells at that level, it's a must for sorcerers and EKs as long as there are good targets/you don't have a caster who can haste you already. Almost no combats take 10 rounds.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.