[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BEHIND YOU - Short Horror Scene Prompts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

File: tumblr_o7yuorAGWQ1ur8m9qo1_1280.gif (211KB, 636x863px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7yuorAGWQ1ur8m9qo1_1280.gif
211KB, 636x863px
I thought it might be fun to start a thread for short prompts for horror scenes that characters might encounter over the course of a game. Nothing specific or complicated necessary, just one little phrase meant to set the scene and instill a sense of foreboding and dread in the reader.

Related pictures are, of course, also welcome.

(Inspiration: http://thehairsonthebackofyourneck.tumblr.com/post/117092952584 )
>>
File: 1473795099312.jpg (26KB, 471x540px) Image search: [Google]
1473795099312.jpg
26KB, 471x540px
>>50639163
>August 24th.
>Woke up, found some extra money under my mattress, had a nice date with the missus, went home after a long day.
>It's been August 24th for 42,207 days in a row.

Am I doing it right?
>>
>>50639163
"Outside, the rain has stopped."
>check to see if the players notice all the window panes are completely dry
>>
>>50639163
>Is that a cyst on his arm? You swear it wasn't there before.
>>
>>50639163
Here's a list that's supposedly from Lovecraft himself:

https://www.wired.com/2011/07/h-p-lovecrafts-commonplace-book/
>>
>>50639163
>You feel something crawling on your back.
>>
>The headlights of the car that's been following you blink at you
>>
File: Creepy Moments.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Creepy Moments.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Here you go famalama, have fun.
>>
I wear no mask.
>>
>>50639603
Hey, something I wrote made it into that. Yay.
>>
File: britain_w_youarehere.png (846KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
britain_w_youarehere.png
846KB, 700x525px
You notice a directory. You find your location on the map. It reads:
>You are here

Another location is marked on the map nearby. Crudely written, it reads:
>We are here
>>
>>50639163
the condom broke during anal with the cheap hooker.
when you pee it kinda nips...
>>
>>50639451

>16 The walking dead—seemingly alive, but—. [x]
>>
There are no pictures of you. Anywhere. Cameras irreparably break and phones are bricked when you try and take one. Everyone you mention this to goes pale and wide eyed and changes the subject. Looking at a mirror gives you a migraine.
>>
>>50640447
Include maybe that everytime you blink the we are here dots comes closer.
>>
Sometimes at night I dream of standing before my bedroom door. Standing out there for hours, hand on the doorknob, never moving from my place.

As much as I want to do something else, to walk away from the door and lower my tired arm, it feels as if I was locked in place, limbs frozen.

Whenever that dream comes, I wake up halfway through my sleep. The door is always closed yet it seems that the cold breeze from the outside rolled in.

--

They say that when you're driving down this empty road, you should never leave a seat empty.

>>50640447

That one is pretty cool.

>>50641942

This one too.
>>
>It just keeps getting colder, and more worryingly, the sun still hasn't come up yet.
>>
>>
>>50644066
>"Haha look at this fag, he's lost already"
>>
>>50639603
I love this doc, here's the complete one if anybody's interested. Does anybody know if they made a part 2?
>>
File: 6968124_orig.jpg (7KB, 380x250px) Image search: [Google]
6968124_orig.jpg
7KB, 380x250px
>>50639163
>On the trail of a missing child case, you finish investigating the victim's family home.
>As you prepare to leave, you realize your car keys are missing.
>You find them stuck in the bathtub drain, despite the fact you never bothered searching there.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.