[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need some help organizing a Gamma World 2E campaign

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 4

File: Gamma_World_Book.jpg (26KB, 273x353px) Image search: [Google]
Gamma_World_Book.jpg
26KB, 273x353px
I'm about to run a campaign (maybe another afterwards, assuming I get a consistent turnout) with a couple of my mates, but I can't seem to find any resources whatsoever when it comes to things like character building or generation. My first option was to use Herolab, but no dice there. I'm pretty open to simply doing everything old-school, but convincing everyone else to do so is gonna be notably more difficult. Any alternatives? Oh, and if you have any other tips for running a GW campaign, any insight is welcome It'll be my first time running a campaign, and I'm planning on using the Albuquerque Starport module as a starting point. Thanks in advance.
>>
>>50636944
bump for curiosity, but cannot help :(
>>
File: Gamma World Scenario.png (576KB, 1048x3664px) Image search: [Google]
Gamma World Scenario.png
576KB, 1048x3664px
>>50636944
>I can't seem to find any resources whatsoever when it comes to things like character building or generation.
Go by the book, rolling the dice yourself?

>I'm pretty open to simply doing everything old-school, but convincing everyone else to do so is gonna be notably more difficult.
I was actually playing 2e back in the day when it was the current edition, so I'm obviously an old-timer, but I've never, ever used any sort of automated character generation and can't really understand what people would have against. I mean, you need to understand the rules to play, and 2e isn't *that* involved, so it's not like you'd be saving yourself an incredible amount of trouble by not having to write shit down.

And I don't see that you've got a lot of choice. 2e was put out in the early 80s, when maybe 15% of people had a computer at home, and there was no internet (and it was never the huge phenomenon that D&D was, in any case), so it was unlikely that anybody would disseminate a character generation program for it. And now it's 3 decades and ~5 editions out of date, and lacking an OSR movement like for D&D, there probably aren't many people who would be motivated to write a program for it. You want to play an old school game? You probably have to play it in an old school way.

Anyway, pic is a Gamma World scenario I came up with on the spot for somebody who was asking for one on /tg/ some years back. It doesn't really seem like it'd tie in with what you're looking at, but you might find it interesting.
>>
>>50641372
It's hard for me to imagine that people who would otherwise be able to learn and play an RPG would lose interest if there was no character builder, but I admittedly don't have a lot of perspective on the issue. Why not have a character-creation session where everybody hangs out and shoots the shit while making their characters. Maybe then it would seem more fun.

Anyway, attached is a Savage Worlds port of Gamma World that I've heard good things about, in case you wanted to consider other options.
>>
File: image-648.jpg (1MB, 3605x2386px) Image search: [Google]
image-648.jpg
1MB, 3605x2386px
>>
>>50641372
>>50641428
Frankly, my biggest problem at this point has been finding the time to actually organize it all together, but yeah, I see what you guys mean. Ain't nothing wrong with doing it the old-school way, so the other players are just gonna have to deal. Lazy teenager syndrome is something that can be overcome. Thanks for the advice.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.