[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ D&D Fifth Edition General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 339
Thread images: 27

File: Defender & Apparatus of Kwalish.jpg (47KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Defender & Apparatus of Kwalish.jpg
47KB, 800x450px
>Latest News
Fighter UA is out! https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/fighter
Be sure to fill out the survey on last week's Druids.

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v3:
https://mega.nz/#F!BUdBDABK!K8WbWPKh6Qi1vZSm4OI2PQ

>Community DMs Guild trove
>Submit to [email protected], cleaning available!
https://mega.nz/#F!UA1BhCBS!Oul1nsYh15qJvCWOD2Wo9w

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>/5eg/ Discord server
https://discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

Previous thread >>50627555

What magical items have you wanted to use in your campaign but couldn't give to your players yet? (e.g. due to power level, plot reasons, etc.)
>>
First for I highly recommend reading the 4e dmg if you dm 5e, and actually 4e is pretty good.
>>
>>50635279
Haven't we had enough /4eg/ in /5eg/ recently
>>
>>50635243
Lots of magic items I don't give to my players because they refuse to actually read things.

So they'd never know how to use it properly.
So mostly anything with multiple paragraphs is a no go.
>>
>>50635279
1e AD&D DMG > Any other D&D DMG
>>
What are some effects you'd like to see in potions,
both the kind you drink yourself and the sort you throw at enemies?
>>
>>50635300
>and the sort you throw at enemies
Potion of Anti Gravity
>>
File: dndintroduction.png (101KB, 507x801px) Image search: [Google]
dndintroduction.png
101KB, 507x801px
>>50635299
If every DM would just read the last paragraph of thise and take it to heart, D&D would be much more fun overall.
>>
>>50635279
>Bad DM
Read this specific edition!!!1!

>Good DM
Read all the editions. Learn it all.

>Reasonable DM
Read the edition you are playing
>>
>>50635314
>if you have a different taste in fantasy than me you have no imagination
SHUT UP GYGAX REEEEEE
>>
>>50635332
>he doesn't know the 4E DMG has the most information on roleplaying, having fun, and engaging various characters
It's not about the rules you simpering twat.
>>
Guys, what do I do when half of my four man group bails to set up their own campaign with no warning or word?

I've got two players who want to keep playing, but there's no way I can keep the current campaign up after shaping it around the entire group. Can I do a two player group? Is there anything I can read up on that's made for that kind of thing? I've never really seen or heard of a group with less than three people working, but I'm in a bind.
>>
>>50635332
Reading all the editions is a good idea, in just saying the 4e dmg definitely has some good advice for 5e DMs.

like how to run 4e
>>
>>50635369
That's not what it's saying at all.
>>
>>50635334

Mobile and Charger feats nigga
>>
>>50635383
I ran a two player one dm group for a year or so.

Rule of thumb is fights should be 2 to 4 enemies, with varied tactics between them. Another good rule of thumb is to balance as of for a regular group, but be lenient with rule of cool to allow your players to reduce the size of enemy forces.
>>
repostan
What would be a decent ki requirement for a Way of the Four elements monk to cast an investiture of X spell?

Seems obvious to me Wot4e should have been given more options alongside EE. What the fuck, wizards?
>>
>rolled two 1s in a row against a weakened hobgoblin

I ain't gonna make it tonight, boys
>>
>>50635383
Turn the other PCs into NPCs. Write them out to go deal with something.

Then balance for two >>50635438
>>
>>50635372
>Has to read, pretty common sense you can pick up from any rpg.
Yeah. You can leave /tg/. You won't be missed.
>>
>>50635452
>be a halfling because I'm fucking tired of 1s
>roll a 1
>fuck yes ahahaha rerolling
>another 1
>commits sudoku
>>
File: Speedy Tabaxi.png (116KB, 759x706px) Image search: [Google]
Speedy Tabaxi.png
116KB, 759x706px
>>50635428
Yeah mobile would do it for enough speed on a human or faster, charger less so - being about getting your attack ready faster more than moving faster. You move at normal speed, using your action to cover more ground - no?

Just how I'd want to see a lance go down, gotta go fast
>>
>>50635444

But anon, that would imply Wizards gave a shit about Wot4E.

>>50635300

Make em big, make em small, make potions that reverse gravity and potions that make people a monster slaying machine like Geralt.
>>
File: Capture.png (125KB, 318x169px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
125KB, 318x169px
>>50635499
nah nigga mobile AND charger. I will become the pain train.
>>
>>50635534
Yeah, I know they don't give a shit, but still they managed to give monks 2 more archetypes.
>>
>>50635560
Speaking of Way of the Four Elements,
anyone have that homebrew that supposedly "fixes" that archetype?
>>
>>50635444
For any given spell, take the spellpoints cost in the dmg, and multiply by 20 and divide by 32. Then round down.

So a sixth level spell would cost 5 ki points.
>>
>>50635632
>multiply by 20 and divide by 32
Why not just multiply by 5 and divide by 8?
Reduce your fractions anon
>>
>>50635678
I wanted to use the numbers from the table so it was more obvious what I was doing.
>>
>>50635678
personally I prefer multiplying by 60 and dividing by 96.
>>
>>50635621
>>50635444
>>
>>50635724
It's actually easiest if both numbers are divisible by 10, so we should multiply by 100 and divide by 160. But you can just leave a zero off and multiply by 10 and divide by 16, which is easier still.
>>
Would you run a party of all Revenants?
>>
>>50635550
Does sound pretty nice, so 1d8+5 when used in a charge of 10 feet or more

Outside of that, 1d6 tops - to my view, anyway. Just picturing a bonk on the head from the thin end of a long stick compared to the battleaxe at 1d8, doesn't quite match up
>>
>>50635766

Seems like it could be a fun campaign. You could throw in really mean tricks without worrying because death is always temporary.
>>
>>50635769

Mechanically 1d6 sounds fine to me, but a stick to the head can do more damage than you think. The "mordschlag" (death stroke) in medieval swordsmanship was a strike with the pommel after all.
>>
File: Martial Powers.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Martial Powers.pdf
1B, 486x500px
How would you all fluff these without them becoming too weaboo.
>>
>>50635766
>>50635800
At the same time, though, it would make any challenge laughable at best. If you're immortal, you can basically attack anything long enough to eventually win.

If you're going to do an all revenant group, then go whole hog on it. Make the whole world into revenants, or at least the BBEG. Put them on the same level as the party, because a Revenant party is a party that will eventually win via attrition any other way.
>>
What are some good lesser minions, greater minions, and pets for a cabal of Alhoon?
>>
>>50635800
>>50635885
Revenant campaign should be Ps:T campaign, really. Death is temporary and horrific since you're losing memories and personality. Or at least levels. Also the antagonist should benefit from your deaths somehow.
>>
>>50635885
>If you're immortal, you can basically attack anything long enough to eventually win.

Sure, but there's other consequences to dying. Losing all your gear possibly, or if you die while defending someone mortal they won't make it, or if you die fighting your hated foe then the foe just leaves.
>>
You guys ready for Fey Monk and Anti-Undead Monk?
>>
>>50635938
Fucking stoked for Fey monk. She's the perfect waifu!
>>
>>50635938
do we know this to be true, or is this part of some inside joke i am unaware of?
>>
>>50635988
It's a tired stupid meme
>>
>>50635988
Lots of the UAs have had an anti undead archetype but the fey one im not sure about
>>
>>50635988
It's a joke.
Bard got Fey
Cleric got Fey and anti-undead
Druid got Fey and anti-undead
>>
Monks UA will be

>Wot4E rework
>Martial weapon Monk / kensei
>>
>>50635766
It seems odd to me that Revenants need to eat and sleep.
>>
>>50636016
>Cleric got Fey
???
>>
>>50636058

>Drunken Master

and if we're lucky, a tattoo monk.
>>
>>50636058
>a rework
Never. It'll just be forever "why?"
>>
>>50636058
I'd love to see Wot4E just split into a couple archetypes.
>>
>>50636095
>Drunken Master
I don't think it will happen b/c this a game for all ages, including children
>>
>>50636058
They should just rework all of monk.
>>
>>50636127
>UA Monk is "Delete everything about monk, just use this"

>UA Monk is "Delete everything about the monk, just refluff fighter"
>>
>>50636127
Why? Monks are fine
>>
Anyone willing to review the rules for my homebrew races? I tried to make them interesting and can't help but worry about the balance.

>umóks: amphibians with bite and no legs
>goblin
>hobgoblin
>dark elves
>lilins: half-demons/aliens
>mountain dwarfs
>>
>>50636122

They can do it and just call it magic monk juice or whatever instead of alcohol. Or fermented fruit juice, etc. Besides if they're scared of having alcohol in their game they should have thought about that before they included a class that literally runs on deals with the devil. Or gnolls, or slithering trackers, or devourers, or Illithids, etc.

>>50636127

Monk is fine.
>>
>>50636171
nigga don't ask just post a pdf or a pastebin or a link to homebrewery or whatever and anybody who cares will comment
>>
File: asfcsafsafsas.jpg (78KB, 464x288px) Image search: [Google]
asfcsafsafsas.jpg
78KB, 464x288px
Tattoo monks are NOT happening
>>
Does /5eg/ have any advice for proper encounter creation beyond the DMG? I know how to 'balance' an encounter, numerically but I usually either make a:

-super bland encounter, where I didn't bring in enough diversity, enemy wise

-overcomplicated encounter which is barely resolved by the time my players are falling asleep

-well balanced encounter that gets fucked because my players bypass it entirely

In short, are there any pointers on encounter tactics/design beyond CR calculations? Any good guides online?
>>
>>50635438
I'll take it into account, thanks.

>>50635477
I'm not sure I can keep them in the world, though. The way they left and the circumstances of it (ditched our group to join up with an old douchebag from high school who spent his time shitting on everyone who wasn't part of the "inner circle" of edgy nerds and weebs) kind of made the other players pissed off. And the story had them all accepted into a secret society kind of deal, and they just started their first mission before the session ended. It would take a bit to get them out like that without a reset or something.
>>
>>50636195
Have lower CR monsters behave smartly. A small group of bandits that carefully plan ahead and smartly ambush the traveling PCs can do more damage than the higher CR orcs who just charge them.
>>
>>50636171
How do they umóks travel on land and what reason would they have to do so?

>goblin
In Volo's
>hobgoblin
Volo's
>dark elves
In the PHB
>lilins
Special snowflake aliens? Really?
>mountain dwarves
Are you serious? Did you read the PHB?
>>
>>50636181
>>50636147
Monk is probably by the most multiclass incompatible. It would be better if that was fixed. You can maybe at best do a level of it for a druid to gain unarmoured defence on forms.

The archetypes feel like they're not as powerful as I'd like. You can at best put in a load of fluff and utility such as various elemental cantrips for four elements monk, for example, but.. Eh. Redesign would allow for more powerful archetypes, obviously. Well, might just be me about the archetype strength, that's more of a subjective thing.

Monks feel like they're overshadowed in a few areas. If you're not using pass without trace, rogues feel like they're just doing a better job come stealth. If you're trying to do damage, a fighter will outdo them. If they're trying to take damage, they have a 1d8 hit die, they don't get uncanny dodge but instead 'deflect missiles' as a reaction, a 'slow fall' ability... I guess there's speed and evasion and bonus action dodge and so forth which can half-ass rogue's level of armour, though proficiency in all saves is.. But, eh, Paladin does saves better. But isn't the fact they have so many bonus actions also a problem?

They have a less diverse range of stun and control effects compared to wizard, so they're competed again there. Their unique trait is simply they can do several stuns over and over.

Oh, and they're too ability dependent. Bad stats on a monk is a death sentence, bad at everything. It makes sense, but it can trap people.
>>
>>50636058
I would like to see Wot4E reworked similar to how barbarian is laid out in terms of skills.

Allow monks to choose an element: air, water, earth, fire

Then give them abilities based on that. Mention that usually elemental monks focus on a single element, but you can swap if you desire. Similar to totem barbs.

Give them a level 10 ability that makes sense for the level and element but isn't ridiculous and have it not cost ki. Or if it does cost ki, have it be reasonable.
Probably something as simple as giving them an investiture spell.
>>
question about bugbearmont from last thread

>>50632034
>Darkvision
>Stealth proficiency
>15 foot reach attacks with a whip (20 with Lunging Attack)
>Work with your DM to allow Pushing Attack to be Pulling Attack instead, since you have a whip
>Surprise Attack is +2d6 on your first hit in a surprise round
>Pulling Attack is +1d8 from superiority die
>Assassin Rogue 3 is +2d6 Sneak Attacks, advantage on attacks against surprised creatures, and auto-crits which doubles all the above die
>You hang out in a dark place, whip an enemy from 15 feet away, drag them to you, and deal 2d4+4d6+2d8+4d6+Dex damage. They're probably dead.
>You repeat the process because no one noticed their friend get yanked into the fucking shadows and garroted by a giant bugbear. Surprise Attack is available again because if you didn't alert enemies the first time around, this is a "new" combat.

wouldn't the whip cracking be too loud to be stealthy?
>>
>>50636390
literally basically the wot4e monk in the playtest except they weren't locked into the element they chose at level 3 (because you're way of the 4 elements, not way of the element)
>>
>>50636122
alcohol isn't okay but making pacts with demons is?
I guess you can argue alcohol poses a more real world threat, depending on your beliefs, however. And you don't want kids LARPing by throwing back shots and dying from alcohol poisoning, I suppose.

Still, what game doesn't have tavern scenes?

Perhaps instead they could still do drunken master but note that the drunken master isn't actually intoxicated. Rather, they are only moving about in an unpredictable manner as though they were to make themselves seem off balance, like a drunkard.

Free bonus action dodge? Would be sweet for an off tank.
>>
>>50636231
First mission goes haywire and those two just "happen" to get murdered in the process?

If your friends that stayed a part of your group don't like those that ditched you, I'm sure they'd smile at the convenience of it all.
>>
>>50636450
>alcohol isn't okay but making pacts with demons is?
demons aren't real, so yes
>>
>>50636090
>not using Forge Cleric to make cold iron shit
>>
>>50636470
You're probably right.

I'll get right to planning that out.
>>
>>50636360
Monk is fine with multiclass as long as you don't care about being unarmored or punching things.

>Fighter->Monk
>well i can wear fullplate so who cares about unarmored AC
>well i can use greatswords so who cares about unarmed damage
>now i'm just a fast-running, long-jumping, always-dodging stunmachine who can leap off cliffs and run up walls
>>
>>50636447
Right. Which is why I said they shouldn't be locked into what they picked. Allow them to switch into other disciplines (or even replace old ones) like you can now.

But I think it should be possible to specialize in one element, and often makes more sense for a lot of character concepts.

Would it be too crazy to allow wot4e monk to straight up become an elemental akin to moon druids? Only perhaps more limited? Or stick to investitures (which honestly sound like they were made for monks).
>>
>>50636360

True to an extent but I played a monk to level 9 in Curse of Strahd and I didn't really feel like I was lacking in any particular area. I took mobility, which gave me a niche as an incredibly flexible glass cannon. Did the fighter out damage me a little? Sure. But 2d8+1d6+15 was more than enough per-turn damage for me.

>Rogues are stealthier

To a point this is true, but shadow monks really outclass rogues in terms of mobile sneaking. If you're just winding down a corridor then sure a rogue will be better. But a permanently invisible stealth character teleports 60ft for free in zones of absolute silence and/or PWaT is a good deal sneakier in many ways than a rogue. Especially if they just dip rogue 1 and now they get all that AND expertise to stealth.

>They have a less diverse range of stun and control effects compared to wizard, so they're competed again there. Their unique trait is simply they can do several stuns over and over.

Kind of true. While wizards have a lot of control options and monks 'just' get stunning strike, SS is one of the best control effects in the game. Notably because almost NOTHING is immune to stuns, not even legendary creatures. Strahd was a tough fight... right up until he burned through his legendary saves and ate a stunning punch to the throat.
>>
>>50636416
You have to really try to make a whip crack. It's not something that would happen if you were wrapping a whip around some dude's neck and yoinking him into your shadowed fuckparlour.
>>
>>50636534
while i agree, if i was in the DM's position and someone just completely wasted my high level enemy from the shadows and is about to do it again, i would say the whip would crack

unless i could convince my DM otherwise?
>>
>>50636447
Linky?
>>
>>50636474
Did you stop reading?
At any rate, they can call it something else. Perhaps a special alchemical concoction they use for training? (But it's literally just booze)
>>
>>50636513
There isn't really any synergy going there, though, other than 'I negate some of the features of monk such as unarmoured defence'.
And, unarmoured defence is actually as good as plate armour + shield if you take the time to put ASIs in the thing.

Almost everything in monk scales with monk level or wants you to pump dex and wis higher.
>>
>>50635243
If I'm wanting to play a goblin knight that uses a Warg as a mount, how would you guys handle that?

My DM and I both want to work on it to make it not OP so we were thinking of dropping the movement to 30-35, making it a medium sized mount instead of large, and otherwise having it function as a regular mount.

Anything else?
>>
>>50636547
>Perhaps a special alchemical concoction they use for training?
R3COH
>>
File: shitty potions.png (70KB, 1386x594px) Image search: [Google]
shitty potions.png
70KB, 1386x594px
>>50635300
one of the thing i would love to see is that instead of "pay 50 gold to buy the components" that potions would have actual components and that the components would have street value equal to the previous unspecific "components"
such as a healing potion needing two parts troll blood and one part dragon egg yolk. while dragon egg yolk going for 40g a dose and troll blood going for 5g a dose. this could work as fun and unique "lootfiller" instead of constant heaps of magic items and straight up gold and could make playing a character that does alchemy way more fun
i did something close to this for one of my campaigns, where i basically ripped off a skyrim alchemy mod. the alchemy player (whose character didn't know a lot about alchemy and wanted the system to be trail and error based) would harvest stuff and later try to "isolate the alchemical compounds" in it, if i considered the ingredient to sound like something you would find in a witch-brew (basilisk eyes, glowing fungi from underground ruins, spider-venom, etc) i would roll for it hidden and tell him if he managed to find a compound, "potassium, magnesium etc, etc" chemistry shit (i have no idea about chemistry so i just used sciency words for it) and when he had enough components so could he try to combine them from a long list i made, where it could be duds, failures, poisons or proper potions. the best thing is that once it was discovered how it worked so was it consistently reproducible, i.e. spider venom always made potassium and potassium mixed with magnesium always turned into a potion of x. the alchemy player had lots of fun with his arsenal of potions that turned anything inorganic that it was poured over into steel and his oil of slipperyness. they also opened up a lot of times where the group tried to do a lot of "non-customary solutions to problems and encounters.
>>
>>50636447
>>50636390
>>50636546
Here's the reworked-for-5e version (the original has stuff like spending a ki point that gives you a grapple with auto-hits on your unarmed strikes as long as it persists).
>>
>>50636577
No offense meant, but fuck that minutia shit.
>>
File: passwithouttrace.png (80KB, 366x394px) Image search: [Google]
passwithouttrace.png
80KB, 366x394px
>>50636531
Okay, real talk
I keep seeing people say PWaT or PWAT, but there is no "a-" word in Pass Without Trace.
I'm pretty sure it was just "pass without trace" back in 3X, too.
Is there some other spell that PWT could stand for that we're trying to avoid
>>
>>50635243

What would Apparatus of Kwalish's stats be as a construct?
>>
>>50636531
And that last point seems to be what monk really is. Stunstick. The instant kill ability and the ability to stun a target over and over. However, I suppose that's later levels when you have more ki but less damage rather than lower levels where your damage is still pretty decent.

I think the problem with shadow monk I'm having is more of a subjective thing where the shadow monk we have doesn't understand how to use their spells effectively. But, it's kind of a shame they have to spend their resources to do it in the first place, whereas rogue gets straight-up expertise to stealth if they take it. Then again, ki does come back on a short rest.
I guess it sort of makes sense. If you want stealth, go shadow or be mediocre.
But, the thing is, a druid is probably better again with wildshape and also having pass without trace, but I don't really have a lot of experience with druids and this might come into 'don't casters have so much more utility than martials in 5e?'

I will say though, mobile sounds like a fair bit of fun. Sounds pretty similar to swashbuckler though which means they have a bonus dash every turn, they don't have to use their bonus action to hit things so they have that bonus dash and they don't provoke opportunity attacks from the target they attack like mobile.
>>
>>50636562
It has the same challenge as a warhorse despite being worse in almost every way. If your DM has an issue with you riding a warhorse then he's going to have an issue with you riding anything. Just ride a worg as it's written in the monster manual and be an awesome goddamn goblin knight.
>>
>>50636555
Okay, and assuming you're not a fuckhead who rolls for stats (and a filthy cheater who gets two 18s), how long is it going to take you to get 20 Dex and Wis? Is your game even going to GO that far? no, it's not

You might get some +1 robes or some other monkly shit, but you know what's even more common than protective cloth? Protective armor. And you're not going to find +1 shields or anything for your Monk. And you're not going to benefit from the Defense Fighting Style for a free +1 AC in your non-armor, either.
>>
>>50636623
So you think it should just not be allowed inside dungeons and shit? Even though I'm kind of attached to the idea of it coming everywhere with me, I think I should probably let that go and then I could stop worrying about rebalancing it.
>>
Are there any elemental-themed mage archetypes? I want to be a badass earth mage. Possibly melee-capable. Turning myself to stone, turning people to stone, raise walls, break walls, and shit like that.
>>
>>50636672
Desert druid of the land maybe?

They aren't very good, I don't think. Never been interested in druid tho so idk.
>>
>>50636629
But that just even further questions why you went monk in the first place.

One level in monk gives you nothing but 'you can make a bonus action attack with an unarmed strike (damage scales with level, naturally) if you make attacks with certain weapons' and 'you can go without armour if you want I guess'.
Two levels gives you extra speed if you're not wearing armour (Guess what, you are now.) and flurry of blows (To use alongside martial arts, but aren't you using a greatsword?) patient defence (This is actually pretty good I guess) and a worse version of rogue's cunning action. You just want the ki for stuns later.

Level 3: Deflect missiles. Well, okay, it might come in useful? Monastic traditions are varied, so you might find something sort of useful here, but nothing seems to have any obvious synergy.

Level 4: It's just an ASI, go figure. And slow fall. Eh.

Level 5: You've put all of the above four levels to get to this point where you get extra attack (you'd get that anyway) and more importantly, stunning strike. Yet, if you wanted more stunning strikes, you should probably have put all your levels in monk.

That said, if it's just a one level dip, I suppose you can somewhat justify a level of fighter if you want decent AC and a honestly probably worse attack if you don't have GWM, but you're also losing the benefits of having dexterity instead of strength on that route. Or, you can sacrifice an AC and go dex fighter-ish.

A single level for AC is about it
>>
>>50636671
Bring it into dungeons with you, man. It's a Large creature, so anything that a Medium creature can fit in, it can squeeze into. The only caveat would be if there's something that a Medium creature would have to squeeze into. Just remember, it's a very weak monster. Be prepared for it to die.

>>50636597
Str of 18, Con of 20, Dex of 10, everything else 1.

AC: 20
HP: 200
Speed: 30ft, swim 30ft
Damage immunities: poison, psychic

Multiattack: The apparatus of Kwalish makes two claw attacks

Claw: +8 to hit, reach 5 feet. On a hit, target is grappled (escape DC 15)
>>
>>50636195
A line of simple skeleton archers goes a long way no matter what level your party is.

Environment is half the battle, and it's something that DMs ignore a lot of the time. At the very least add some difficult terrain and some cover. A fight against totally bog-standard monsters can become intense if the lay of the land is against the players. The occasional bottomless pit will please the player who's always trying to make grappling worthwhile. Include breakables, and break them even if nobody intends to break them. Consider the parable of the Ming vase in that primer for old-school roleplaying. If there's a Ming vase on a narrow pedestal in a room where the PCs are battling orcs, that vase is going down unless they treat it ever so gingerly, and sometimes even then. The fact that nobody's directly attackign the vase is immaterial.

Now and then include objectives other than killing all the monsters. Like retrieving that Ming vase.

Make good use of monsters with weird rules that they've never faced before. Every party should fight at least one gelatinous cube, one mimic, one rust monster, and one beholder-kin. Maybe not all at once.

At one point, when they're strong enough to survive it, give them a Helm's Deep. Make them fight your entire bag of orcs. When they die, send more in to replace them. Make the objective just to survive until relief arrives.

Monsters have much fewer immunities, resistances, and vulnerabilities than players tend to think. A lot of times when a player rolls Nature or Arcana to figure out a monster's strengths and weaknesses, often there's not much to say except that its strength is hitting people and its weakness is getting hit. So now and then when they're facing something they don't know about out-of-game and someone rolls really well for monster knowledge, just make something up. Say they're resistant to lightning or allergic to mistletoe or whatever. It'll make the players feel special.
>>
>>50636613

Then it sounds like your shadow monk is just shit and not using the endlessly creative application of spells like silence very well. And again, I think you're over valuing expertise and raw stealth numbers too much. After all, you don't need to make a stealth check if you just teleport 60ft at a time while being completely invisible. Which costs the monk nothing in terms of resources, and gets them places a rogue or druid cannot easily reach. Expertise is also just a 1 level dip away. But yes that's all true of shadow monks who are the super ninja arechetype.

Mobility is somewhat similar to a swashbuckler, but you do get 4 attacks compared to the swashbuckler's one. It may not be the best at any one thing but it's pretty good at a lot of things (especially the higher you go) and just a lot of fun. You feel like a monk, dashing in and out of combat dealing shit tons of damage. And with 50+ ft of movement, very little can out run you. And your bonus action can just go towards more damage (or stunning strikes).
>>
>>50636713
There's nothing stopping you from playing "Dex Fighter" in fullplate with a shield whether or not you have a bunch of Monk levels.
>>
>>50636703
Isn't really earth-themed. Also kinda bad mechanically.

I guess I'll just multiclass and refluff or homebrew something.
>>
Gentlemen, is it possible to fix Wo4E monk?
>>
is there anyway to attack with a whip without it being loud?
>>
>>50636791
That's because "earth bender" isn't a thing.

So yeah, you're gonna have to homebrew or dmsguild it. I don't have a clue what could be refluffed for it even.
>>
>>50636813
Strangle someone with it.
>>
>>50636810
Lower the cost of every maneuver by 1 ki point, to a minimum of 1. There you go, done.
>>
>>50636590
i understand, this was something i made for one of my players since he wanted that to be his specific "thing", and in my opinion spending an hour on that shit was well worth the results, and i think more concrete rules like i mentioned in the first paragraph could be excellent alternative rules one could bring in if someone wanted to use alchemy
>>
>>50636829
>earth bender
Not magical kung-fu. Just manipulation, toughness, and sheer force.
>>
What can a DM do to ensure Curse of Strahd is a push-over in terms of encounters?
>>
How much lower in power level or scale is 5e compared to the previous editions?
>>
>>50636672
>>50636829
>>50636791
Wizards get Shatter, Stoneskin, Flesh to Stone, and Wall of Stone. They can also learn Catapult and throw rocks with it. You could do a single-classed wizard who does everything you want.

The issue you may find is that you'll also learn many other spells, many of which have nothing to do with rocks. These you can refluff or just enjoy as they are.
>>
>>50636786
MADness is.

If you're going up monk for stunning strike, you need wis.
You'll probably also want con for health.

You need at least 15 strength to not suffer from full plate slowdown.

Unless you rolled for stats and got something stupid, you cannot feasibly get all of those stats reasonably high considering the 15 strength takes up either a 15, a 14+1 or a 13+2, though there's some nice room to get heavy armour master if you end up with 14 strength.

If you go point buy and you're a variant human with heavy armour master, that's 14+1 STR/14+1 Dex/8 Int/12 Con/15+1 Wis/8 Cha
.. Though you can put the +1 on dex onto strength and forego dex entirely instead, or you can reduce your con to 10 and put dex up to 16 total.
This is only if you have point buy, though. If you have an array, you're probably screwed.

Eh, doable, but seems suboptimal to sacrifice con there.

If you roll for stats and get good stats, you could just go pure monk.
>>
>>50636868
It's a little less crazy than in 3.PF. Most spells with durations require the caster to concentrate on them, which helps things from getting too out of hand. Save-or-die and save-or-suck spells have generally been replaced with temporary crowd control, some of which become permanent if concentrated on for their full duration. 5e has less numbers inflation than 3.PF or 4e.
>>
So, a few classes are considered subpar in 5e, which ones are these, how and why are they considered subpar and what can be done to fix them?
>>
>>50636912
ranger but that was fixed on the official website
>>
>>50636912
Non tome Warlock, PHB Ranger, Monk, Sorcerer a lot of the time.

Pretty much every class has shitty subclasses, however, 5e allows for good play to overcome not so great mechanics a lot of time.
>>
>>50636935
>Non tome Warlock
Excuse me have you met the Pact of the Chain invisible imp shenanigans?
>>
>>50636912

Vanilla ranger, Wot4E monk, and Frenzy barbarian.

Ranger has been officially fixed in UA but is not published yet so we don't know what it will look like.

Wot4E homebrew is posted above in this thread and overall good.

Frenzy barb just needs a less incredibly extreme downside to their frenzy ability.

Those are the only real trap options in the game. Others are sub par but you won't screw yourself by playing one.
>>
File: noose-e1337727704742.jpg (17KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
noose-e1337727704742.jpg
17KB, 650x366px
>>50636543
>>50636813
how about a noose-whip?
>>
>>50636947
A lot of DMs dont want familiars fucking every single encounter they plan up. I just assume it's usually a tacit understanding between players and dm
>>
>>50636968
This.

Familiar players get pretty cancer obnoxious when they have their familiar scouting out literally EVERYTHING, but I guess if you're playing Adventure League or something feel free to make your DM's like a misery since that's sort of more of a 'try to win' thing.
>>
File: 1403510693608.jpg (6KB, 238x416px) Image search: [Google]
1403510693608.jpg
6KB, 238x416px
>>50636968
>>50637010

fuck

you reminded me of the nightmare session where our druid summoned eight pixies
>>
>>50636813
Don't crack it.

Seriously, folks. Go get a belt or a rope or a whip if you've got one and try to make it go CRACK! It takes a very particular technique to get the tip of the whip to break the sound barrier and produce that sonic boom. Just flailing the whip around isn't going to accomplish anything, and the technique of actually hurting someone bad with a whip is very different from trying to crack it.

All that shit you saw in the movies where the guy cracks the whip just by flopping it around or giant WHA-CHAKAW sounds every time someone gets lashed in the back is post-production sound fx magic. A whip makes a "swoosh, thwop" noise, and that's only if you're swinging it fast and against something broad. If you're trying to wrap a whip around something you can pull that off without much noise.
>>
>>50637010
My players have been using familiars and Polymorph for scouting so much that the enemies have had to develop protocols for keeping tiny flying animals out of their shit. Every window and chimney has a fine wire grate on it, exterior doors often have rags under them, they use smoky bonfires and magic to repel natural wildlife, and an unusually courageous sparrow is cause for raising the alarm.
>>
>>50637057
cracking a whip is what does damage though, slapping someone with the tip doesnt do anything
>>
>>50637057
If you're just wrapping it around something you're also not doing anything approaching slashing damage. Like, I could be convinced to let a player grapple an enemy with a whip, but that grapple doesn't do damage, just like if you'd reached out a hand and grabbed someone. None of those piles of damage dice would apply.

Just have Bugbearmont stab somebody with a rapier, or better yet use a blowdart.
>>
>>50637076
You can lash people without cracking the whip
This isn't Hollywood, those sounds are edited in
>>
>>50637076
>beating a child's ass with a belt does no damage unless you're flicking them with the tip
I can see you're not >30yo and from the South.
>>
>>50637086
a lasso whip around the throat would work

then drag them off into the corner
>>
>>50637092
>What magical items have you wanted to use in your campaign but couldn't give to your players yet?

"Go out to the yard and get me a switch"
>>
>>50637086
Wrapping a leathery noose around someone's neck and yanking them backwards 15 feet off their feet doesn't do damage? Again, the cracking isn't part of the damage.
>>
>>50636416
When you attack, you reveal yourself. Unless your enemies could not detect the party paladin standing tall wherever you stage your "abduction" attack, they'll notice your presence.
Also, if your target doesn't die in one hit they'll have time to say something to alert their friends.
>>
>>50637098
If your DM is nice and lets you whip around an enemy's neck, okay, now they are grabbed and can't breathe. They have a number of minutes equal to 1 plus their Con modifier before they start sufficating. They can still fight, you wasted your surprise, and everyone else nearby will have seen all of this happen.
>>
>>50637065
There's just so many problems.

It's okay that familiars are useful like that, but giving them in-combat 'help' action capability seems a bit much, when you also consider that familiars are cheap and easy to replace and furthermore that all wizards can get familiars simply by putting 'find familiar' into their spellbook. Then, AT doesn't have too much to lose by getting it, though it's one of their unrestricted spells. Then, warlock has to choose between an even better familiar and either pact of the blade or pact of the tome. That's essentially two choices, and it's not really an important choice.

It'd be better if familiars were tied to a class archetype or something instead, really. Otherwise, if a player wants a pet, there should be something such as beastmaster for them. Don't just give all wizards a free pet.
>>
So I'm trying to remake a Dagger of Venom into something usable by an archer PC. The original item is a +1 dagger that lets you use an action (1/day) to cause it to become coated in poison for 1 minute or until it hits a creature. That creature must then succeed a DC 15 Con save or take 2d10 poison damage and become poisoned for 1 minute. This is my attempt at it:

>Gloves of the Fell Fletcher
Once per day you can use a bonus action to cause thick, black poison to coat the fingers of one of the gloves, which is then applied to any arrows you shoot. The poison remains for 1 minute or until a poisoned arrow hits a creature.

And then the bit about the save and damage. Does that look good? Does the name make sense? English is not my first language, so I'm not sure if it's correct.
>>
>>50635724
>>50635678
>>50635757
all these plebs not knowing that multiplying by 20 then diving by 32 is objectively the best
>>
>>50637142
after

>Surprise Attack is +2d6 on your first hit in a surprise round
>Pulling Attack is +1d8 from superiority die
>Assassin Rogue 3 is +2d6 Sneak Attacks, advantage on attacks against surprised creatures, and auto-crits which doubles all the above die
>You hang out in a dark place, whip an enemy from 15 feet away, drag them to you, and deal 2d4+4d6+2d8+4d6+Dex damage.

you don't need to worry about them holding their breath
>>
>>50637154
I'd go with a quiver before gloves but still stands.
>>
>>50637086
>abloobloo real world physics
Man, I wish I could use this shit on my DM when he drops a fireball on my ass.

>this really shouldn't do fire damage, the effect is very short-lived, almost instantaneous
>have you ever tried to light paper or a cigarette by whipping it through a fire real quick? doesn't work, you need sustained contact
>it should really just be a bit of concussive force resulting from the expansion of hot gas
>but other spells explicitly mention objects being blown around, so there must not be much of an explosive force
>i mean i'm wearing armor and nothing on me is particularly flammable either
>any real world firefighter would be happy to get hit by a fireball like this instead of a backdraft
>i think 1d8 Fire and 1d4 Mild Inconvenience damage would be appropriate
>>
>>50637143
It's a pretty common-sense house rule that you can't help with an action that you couldn't attempt yourself, so a familiar who can't attack can't help with an attack.
>>
>>50637187
>I'm a Small creature so there's less of me in contact with the fire at any given moment, I should take half damage
>>
>>50637171
Pulling Attack isn't a thing.

Also, you could do the rest of that shit with any ranged or finesse weapon, so maybe use a weapon that makes more sense for the situation.
>>
>>50637206
the point is to work with your DM to change pushing attack to pulling attack, the example post is above in the thread
>>
>>50637187
>bit of concussive force resulting from the expansion of hot gas
Isn't that the actual description of fireball? The reason why it doesn't light up shit on a person because its more like causing a cavitation bubble than lighting someone up?
>>
>>50637206
I think people would notice if you threw a javelin or a rapier through the guy standing next to them. The whole point is to drag people backwards while killing them so their guardbuddy looks over after hearing a slight scuffling noise and goes, "Frank? Eh, probably had to piss."
>>
>>50637189
It was stated in sage advice or something like that that it is intended that you can use the help action to give advantage in combat.
That's what makes it even more cancerous.

That said, warlock familiars can attack, but they require the warlock to use an attacking action. Why should the help action from the familiar be entirely free?
>>
>>50637227
It doesn't ignite objects carried on a person because then every shitheel with a fire spell would ask, "Can I set his hair / clothing / scrolls on fire?" and the DM would have to say, "Sigh, yes."

There's just some quasi-magical bullshit protection granted to any object that is "worn or carried" to prevent magic from being more powerful than it is.
>>
>>50637223
"Work with" implies a dialogue with both sides open to different outcomes, rather than a foregone conclusion. And yet the very existence of this meme suggests that you think you can compel any DM to do things your way.
>>
File: nofunscope2.png (89KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
nofunscope2.png
89KB, 300x300px
>>50637206
I bet you don't let Battlemasters kick enemies in the crotch and Pushing Attack them 15 feet upwards into the air, then throw a javelin up their taint for another 15 foot shove before stepping away and watching the enemy take 30 feet of fall damage.
>>
What is the general consensus on war domain clerics?
>>
File: 1481404204415.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1481404204415.png
1MB, 1024x768px
>>50637247
nigger Bugbearmont was created in /tg/ months ago on the basis that pulling attack was implied

besides, there's no reason not to allow it, as a dm i think it makes sense
>>
>>50637235
That's asinine, though. You really think people won't notice when one of their own just disappears? And if it's just one guy, you could have just had the whole party walk up without stealth and fight him.
>>
>>50637187
An actual fire find in everyday use, such as a candle or lighter wouldn't burn hot enough for instant ignition of paper.

Remember, the rate of temperature change is proportional to the difference in temperature. A magically produced fireball is probably sufficiently hot to rapidly change the temperature of your body past the point of ignition of hair and clothing.

The reason you can't "use this shit on your dm" is because your knowledge of physics is worse than that of the people writing fantasy RPGs.
>>
>>50636849
>ah! I rolled a -5 to whatever you actually rolled
>oh no that sucks.jpg
>>
>>50636849
Skip multiattack on most creatures.
Lower HP on enemies if players are taking a while to kill something.
>>
>>50637282
Except that fireball lights things not kept on a person on fire like furniture and other scenery.
>>
>>50637247
If you do that then all that'll happen is you get two bugbears pushing the enemies to each other or something.

It doesn't really need the pull to be necessarily effective, it's more of a 'rule of cool' thing.
>>
>>50637282
>A magically produced fireball is probably sufficiently hot to rapidly change the temperature of your body past the point of ignition of hair and clothing
And yet it specifically doesn't ignite creatures or anything on them, so it's not.

Go throw a bag of flour into the air and light a barbecue lighter. Hold your breath and let me know if you survive. I'm pretty sure you'll be OK.
>>
>>50637032
>letting the player choose which fey is summoned
>>
>>50637187
When there are explicit rules for how something works, like with Fireball, that's one thing. When you're trying to get away with something that is neither allowed by the rules of the game nor by the real world, that's quite another.
>>
File: bugbearkisser.png (1MB, 946x555px) Image search: [Google]
bugbearkisser.png
1MB, 946x555px
>>50637247
Any DM who isn't on board for Pulling Attack or Bugbearmont antics isn't worth playing with, IMO
>>
>>50637314
last time i make that mistake

it's dryads only from now on, just to spite him
>>
File: 1481404338286.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1481404338286.png
1MB, 1024x768px
>>50637329
this
>>
>>50637332
>Summon Uninhibited Hottie
>spite
>>
Ahhhh I showed up just in time for the "two people who prefer to play the game differently try to tell each other how to play the game"
>>
>>50637308
Dust explosions can actually be pretty dangerous, depending on circumstances.

It seems like your argument here is flour explosions can be survived and don't burn hot enough for instant ignition, so magic fireballs shouldn't either. I don't think I need to point out exactly why this is retarded, so feel free to delete your post and I'll delete this response to save you some face.
>>
File: vampirebugger.png (611KB, 480x671px) Image search: [Google]
vampirebugger.png
611KB, 480x671px
>>50637344
This man knows what's up.
>>
>>50637346
less bullshit for me to worry about. his wolves are almost as annoying as the pixies
>>
>>50637364
I hope you have some FATAL books ready so you can answer any questions that pop up about a Dryad's anal circumference
>>
>>50637302
I don't know what the ignition point of various armors are, but I can see dry wood having a lower ignition point than flesh and armor. Maybe not hair.

Fireball spells should probably burn the hair of victims.
>>
>>50637383
you do 1d4+dex piercing damage
you take 2d8 piercing damage from splinters
>>
>>50637413
What's the DC to avoid being poisoned by the scent of burning hair
>>
>>50637261
A little muddled. Their Channel Divinity is one of the better ones, but they have MAD. They want to use their bonus action to hit things, and yet they also want to use their bonus action to cast Healing Word to keep the party vertical. Divine Strike only works once per turn, which means it doesn't stack with War God's Blessing or with multiclassing to get an extra attack.
>>
>>50637413
And loose scrolls and arrows and likely some rations/backpacks.
>>
>>50637417

You do take a penalty to charisma based ability checks for a time after though.
>>
>>50637415
Anon, it's smoothed softwood lubricated with sap. It's like you've never fucked a tree before.
>>
>>50637413
What if I'm wearing a helmet?

Does my fullplate grant me immunity to Lightning Bolt while we're on the subject of changing spells around for muh realism?
>>
>>50637438
you cant snuggle cuddle with a tree though, let alone smooch
>>
Okay but what if the fireball is cast by a wizard with 8 int?
>>
How rare is it to find an Aasimar village girl cutie in Faerun?
>>
>Get invited to a group by a friend
>Bring a 5 Barbarian/1 Rouge Grappler
>DM says grapplers are bad
>Session ends and DM says grapplers are OP and will make house rules.
>>
>>50637449
one of my players actually tried to pull this shit

the response was, "it's fucking magic lightning now shut up"
>>
>>50637471
Just summon a dryad
>>
>>50637460
not with that attitude you can't
>>
>>50637477
Were Rouges in one of the recent UAs or do you have some secret unreleased shit from the upcoming PHB2
>>
>>50637449
Helmets protect your physical features, but also retain the heat, you suffer the effects of heat metal for 1d4 rounds.

Lightning is directed by the wizard, so it's already ignoring the path of least resistance.
>>
>>50637484
i aint getting splinters man, i'd rather go find a hottie tabaxi or a yuan-ti lamia grill
>>
>>50637471
Very. Aasimar are agents of the Upper Planes, guided by the angels themselves. They don't just do menial jobs in podunk towns.
>>
>>50637497
expertise to athletics tests
>>
>>50637506
>not casting stoneskin on your dick
>>
>>50637415
>raging barbarian takes 4 damage on average
>a dex modifier of 2 means they deal about 4.5 damage. dex modifier of 5 gives 7.5 average. Almost double the damage taken.

I like these odds.
>>
>>50637497
All you need to make grappling broken is expertise and a basic system mastery. Rogues and bards thus make the best grapplers.
>>
>>50637513
He's making fun of you misspelling rogue.

But also, DM's that get all upset about a gimmicky character excelling at their gimmick are shit.
>>
>>50637503
>but also retain the heat, you suffer the effects of heat metal for 1d4 rounds
Nigger, anything with such high thermal conductivity that it'd actually heat up meaningfully from the extremely brief contact with a magical fireball would also radiate it all back away just as quickly. An aluminum helmet wouldn't even heat up from that, let alone iron (with one third of the conductivity).
>>
>>50637534
TBF, grappling isn't a gimmick. It's the optimal melee combat strategy in most situations, and is certified busted.
>>
>>50637519
>not being able to feel the sappy pussy

though a condom would be nice, don't want sap to seal your hole shut
>>
>>50637506
>worrying about dicksplinters
When you go flaccid they'll just fall out.
>>
>>50637477
>'grapplers are bad!'
The innocent voice of those who have yet to face barbarogue bullshit.

DMs should make sure they understand the power of grappling, because at any time a player tries to solo a group of enemies they should get grappled, shoved to the floor, disarmed and have the shit kicked out of them while they curl up in fetal position.
>>
>>50637565
yeah, after piercing an artery/vein
>>
>>50637477
>friend and I decide to both play Fighters
>group starts groaning because ugh so unoptimal you're doubling up on classes
>we both go Battlemaster
>more groaning, not even having diversity within the doubled classes
>I take Tavern Brawler
>he takes Shield Master
>everything in every combat winds up on the ground and pinned or thrown off a cliff / into a fire
>invincible tankbros suplexing and shoving the world into submission every session
Felt real good.
>>
>>50637573
Joke's on you, I run backwards and throw javelins any time there's more than two enemies.
>>
>>50637586
I really wish more of my players took shield master.
I think it's really underappreciated.
>>
>>50637534
I have a player who brings a new gimmick to the table with every character he makes. First he tried a polearm cleric/warlock based around pushing people, then he made a Strength-based grapple rogue, and now he's a cleric/bard trying to abuse the spell Aura of Vitality every chance he gets. I always feel a secret satisfaction when things don't go exactly as he'd anticipated and his leet exploit turns out to be weak-to-average in practice.
>>
>>50635243
A ring of wishes.
It would be too easy.
>>
>>50637622
FUCK, you got me with that link
>>
>>50637548
You don't understand temperature curves. 1d4 rounds is max 24 seconds. If you think it's unreasonable for an extremely hot piece of metal to stay relatively hot for 24 seconds, you need some perspective. Or to actually work with hot metal.
>>
>>50636935
>5e allows for good play to overcome not so great mechanics a lot of time.
What do you mean by this>?

>>50636948
Are they trap options as defined by 3e/PF design, where they really are trap options, or are they just subpar?
>>
Do all Teiflings have hooved feet?
>>
>>50637143
You know familiars are subject to all the same effects as PCs, right? A single area effect and they are useless. If a player is going to use them for combat shenanigans, then they get blasted. It's not even an inconvenience in terms of action economy.
>>
>>50637650
No.
>>
>>50637520
Alternatively, rogue:
>uncanny dodge means also 4 damage on average
>since the attack uses dex, does sneak attack apply?
>>
>>50637622
>No cat boys
>No bad cat girls
>"Cat girls know English, which is the only language anyone needs."
> ^^^ Being a monolingual pleb
>>
>>50637635
You typed all those words without understanding A) what thermal conductivity is or B) what the previous post said

Go preheat your oven to 450 degrees. We'll wait.
Grab an aluminum pan and a cast iron pan. Stick them in the oven and close the door.
Count to six.
Open the oven again and take the pans out. Let us know if you burn yourself.
i'm a patissiere and i routinely put giant aluminum baking sheets in an industrial oven, remember that i forgot to put sugar or something on an item, and pull them back out even after they've been in there for 30 seconds with my bare hands. metal does not heat up to match the temperature of the surrounding air instantaneously, and if it did, it would radiate that heat back out just as quickly
>>
>>50637622
You realize you're the only one who posts spoiled images in this thread. It's super easy to identify you.
>>
>>50637649

Beastmaster ranger is definitely a trap option at least insofar as they exist in 5E. If you go far enough into berserker they're still playable but you can't use their signature ability hardly at all until higher levels and with the generosity of someone with Greater Restoration using that spell slot on you every day.

Wot4E is not a trap by 3.5 standards but is by 5E standards. It's just not a lot of fun.
>>
How do we make Immolation worth the 5th level slot? It sounds really cool, but in practice is not that powerful.

>Flames wreathe one creature you can see within range. The target must make a Dexterity saving throw. It takes 7d6 fire damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one. On a failed save, the target also burns for the spell’s duration. The burning target sheds bright light in a 30-foot radius and dim light for an additional 30 feet. At the end of each of its turns, the target repeats the saving throw. It takes 3d6 fire damage on a failed save, and the spell ends on a successful one. These magical flames can’t be extinguished through nonmagical means. If damage from this spell reduces a target to 0 hit points, the target is turned to ash.
>>
>>50637600
If it was an attack on you, they'll catch up and likely get reaction attacks unless you're sanic.

If it wasn't, they'll just escape.

If it's neutral, they'll use cover and you'll have to get in close anyway.
>>
>>50637744
Put it on your BBEGs
If someone drop to 0 from it, instant death with no chance for revival.
>>
>>50637744
More damage? Make the spell not end on a successful save?
>>
What's like to take a Teifling virginity?
>>
>>50637653
That's fine if a monster has a damaging aura, but that's unlikely to be the case.

A familiar is not gauranteed to be in a conveniently AoEable location, especially if it places itself above an enemy.
Owls/flying snakes in particular will just fly away after every help action.

Invisible familiars RAW don't even give away their position if they use the help action, and so enemies wouldn't AoE it if it's near an allied monster.

No matter what, it's yet another thing on the field that has its own initiative, buzzing about and potentially slowing down combat if even just a little.
>>
>>50637720
Honestly lowering the ki requirements for the Wot4e spells and increasing the amount of spells they can learn, as well as what is available to them would go a super long way.

But with that said it's not as bad as people think so long as your adventuring day isn't incredibly short. Having those spells on what is essentially a short rest cool down isn't so bad as far as being a martial goes.

But the problem in my opinion is more about when you run out of ki you are just a monk with no elemental powers. While if you're a shadow monk and you're out of ki you can still dip into the dark and such.

They need a few abilities that aren't based on ki and then they'll be up to par, I think. Or even just some elemental cantrip option that isn't just another shitty prestidigitation.
>>
File: 1437008109902.png (128KB, 342x409px) Image search: [Google]
1437008109902.png
128KB, 342x409px
>>50637744
dude we just lost a player to immolation, it's fine as it is
>>
>>50637586
That's based anon
>>
>>50637777
i've got bonus action dash and deflect arrow, suckas!
>>
>>50637649
PhB beastmaster is a trap. Revise ranger beast conclave is fine.
>>
>>50637695
Incorrect.

First some context. We're dealing with an explosion that is sufficiently hot to ignite objects within it.

Go to your oven, turn it all the way up, and let it get there. Now stick a piece of wood in there for a second and see if it ignites. If it doesn't, your anecdotal experience is inapplicable.

Now that we've dispelled your illusions of relevant experience, let's educate ourselves.

Metal gets hot fast and cools fast. This doesn't mean the game metal will be cool to touch instantly. Instead, the cooling function will tend to be a curve. It will cool very fast at first, then slow down a lot. Meaning that after the explosion has rapidly heated the metal, it will rapidly cool, then slow down, in the painfully hot region. For an example of this, grab a cast iron pan, and heat it on your oven to medium or higher. After it's reached that temperature, take it off the burner and grab it barehanded ten seconds later.
>>
>>50637744
Depends if it's concentration or not.

You're missing the important details.
>>
>>50637825
>get the fireplace going
>stick a piece of newspaper in there for three seconds
>fwoosh
>stick a cast iron pan in there for three seconds
>put hand on pan
>wow i'm not burned
And we're already ignoring how fireball doesn't ignite things worn on a person

You can perform this experiment in your house right now Anon
>>
Any advice for a Pestilence Druid BBEG?
>>
Wand of MM in LMoP can only spend 1-3 charges at a time

Wand of MM in FMG can spend any amount of charges.

Oversight? Deliberate? Limiting to 1st to 3rd level magic missile makes more sense than an uncommon magic item casting 9th level magic missile
>>
>>50637649
Smart play and creativity can make up for an otherwise subpar class.

I have a few examples but I think that's kind of obvious and doesn't have to be proven. My point was that, if your dm doesn't suck, any class can be playable if you're resourceful and creative. I think 5e lends itself to that.
>>
>>50637820
If it's an ambush, grappling you before you start running away.

If it's you attacking them, they really just don't give a shit and are still hiding behind cover.

If it's neutral or after failed ambush, they can form some sort of tactic such as giving up/heading to cover, surrounding and then grappling or even just running away and leading towards a trap.

Or, even better, just make ranged attacks that aren't affected by deflect missiles / make several ranged attacks since deflect missiles is one/turn, because monks aren't really very good at ranged combat and if they're throwing stuff they have limited effective range.
>>
Great thing about being Monk or Barb is that you can have a bath scene for fanservice and still kick ass if you are ambushed and naked.
>>
>>50637834
It's concentration, up to 1 minute, range of 90ft. So it takes your concentration and a 5th level slot to deal single target damage that may or may not be as good as a fireball.

>>50637799
I was considering the second one. Make the secondary 3d6 damage lower by 1d6 on every successful save, so that it takes 3 to effectively end the spell.

>>50637815
How did that happen?
>>
>>50637892
This is honestly the only reason why I always pick monk.
>>
>>50637847
>Paper
>The same as wood or all flammable objects.

Even among cellulose based objects, the flammability of paper varies widely.
>>
>>50637906
princes of the apocalypse, we were going after vanifer and some goon casts immolation on our fighter, he was also fighting a chimera and we couldnt put out the fire. after he hit zero our dm told us he was beyond saving. didnt know what immolation did until then ;__;
>>
>>50637906
Just the fact that it requires concentration to maintain means that every successful save represents a lot of wasted potential, considering the other things the caster could have been concentrating on.
>>
>>50637925
Okay, go stick your face in the fire for three seconds and let us know the status of your eyebrows and hair.
>>
>>50637892
>>50637920
Naked monk girl covered in the blood of her enemies.
>>
>>50637906
>concentration
Pretty shit, then. Especially if it's at the same level as disintegrate.

Honestly, heat metal probably does more damage on the grounds it's completely unsavable. It's also concentration, but you cast it and then just run away while the enemy boils in their armour.
>>
>>50637941
>>50637925
>>50637825
>>50637847
We get it. You guys are insufferable pseudointellectuals. Please exchange emails and continue this elsewhere. No one else gives a shit and it's shitting up the thread.
>>
>>50637941
Only if you go stick your head next to a dynamite explosion :*)
>>
Barb girl Monk girl Bladesinger girl taking a bath. All that unadulterated AC
>>
>>50637971
That wouldn't ignite anything
>>
>>50637935
>>50637958
Would it be broken if it DIDN'T require concentration to maintain? Considering the target can save every round.

>>50637926
I'm sorry for your loss, anon. May his next character have better luck.
>>
>>50637972

Barbarian wouldn't add anything to AC (or monk) depending on which calculation you choose. However, nothing stops you from rage singing...
>>
Not a DM, but I've always wanted to use a Holy Avenger, but my games don't really get to that level.
>>
>>50638028
I'd hesitate to make any spell with a duration not require concentration. There are too many of those as it is.
>>
>>50638032
Way to not get the joke.
>>
>>50637972
Don't forget draconic sorc girl and armor of shadows warlock girl.
>>
>>50638032
He's talking about three naked female PCs taking a bath together and being able to fight just fine in the nude when the hotsprings wall falls over and they catch Anon peeping.
>>
>>50638070
Except that one needs material components and one of them would probably prefer to have a weapon.
>>
>>50638070
Throw in a DMG variant cleric that swaps armor proficiencies for Unarmored Defense and you could actually have a really well rounded party consisting of unarmored combatants.
>>
>>50635243
I'm looking into starting up a campaign with a bunch of friends, and 5e seems like the best place to start since its considerably easier to get into.

Are there any good online resources for character creation and keep track of character sheets though? I know there was an official program for 4e, but Wizards seems to have taken it down. Its not really essential, but I think it would really help with getting everyone started and used to tabletop RPGs
>>
>>50638117

Online, not that I know of. But you really don't need them. Unlike 4E's deluge of options, 5E is pretty streamlined and most characters will not have a ton of questions to answer.

>Choose stats
>Choose race
>Choose class
>Choose background
>Choose skills
>If caster, choose spells
>Choose starting equipment too but that's pretty simple

And away you go.
>>
Whats the best official race to refluff into an Undead "Human" (without changing anything mechanically)?

Lizardman looks like a good choice with the bite attack.
>>
>>50638164
Revenant exists.
>>
>>50638117
If the players are so new that you fear for their ability to manage a character sheet, the Starter Set has five pre-made character sheets (corresponding to the minis in the starting minis blister pack) with instructions on the back for how to level up each one. More pre-made character sheets for every class are on the official website.
>>
>>50638164
Does being able to turn an enemy carcass into a shield really scream "undead" to you?
I say half-orc. Intimidating appearance, hard to kill, smashes heads like a motherfucker on crits.
>>
>>50638180
I'm avoiding revenant because it seems way too strong and I don't think the Dm is allowing UAs.
>>
>>50638197
Revenant is fine.
>>
>>50638188
I should have specified intelligent scavenger undead, closest thing in fiction that comes to mind is WoW Forsaken.
>>
>>50638197
So negotiate something. If the unlimited free resurrections are too much for your DM to handle, get rid of that part.
>>
>>50638091
What variant Cleric? You mean the DMG's Death domain?
>>
>>50638215
>Regains 1 HP at the start of every turn below half max HP
>Literally cannot lose a turn due to being knocked out, monsters are forced to kill you outright
>If monsters are forced to kill you outright at any time you go down, that encourages the DM to say 'hey, well, if the monsters are doing it to you, why don't they kill all the other PCs when they get knocked out?'
>You automatically know where the BBEG is at all times if you choose to be angry with them
>Also completely immortal, seems to imply that you cannot even lose your stuff unless your stuff is outright destroyed

All this costs a feat as variant human that gives you +1 con.
>>
>>50638312
>implying that the object of your mission of vengeance will always be the BBEG of the campaign

A smart DM would introduce some kind of conflict of interest.
>>
>>50637344
I want to run this.
The Kenku will speak only in Bela Lugosi quotes.
>>
>>50638046
I can understand that. But we can agree that 3d6 damage is just not worth your concentration when you've just used a 5th level slot, right?

I'm building a buffed Flameskull. I was going to increase it's spellcasting level to 9 to give it access to Fire Shield, Immolation, and maybe Wall of Fire. But I might as well just give it the former 2 as it's Innate Spellcasting.
>>
>>50638331
Of course, the DM can essentially limit the character by limiting what they're angry at. If they're angry at some homeless bum, they'll not actually join the party and go and beat up said homeless bum and then finally pass on. The DM can also have the renevant appear in incredibly inconvenient locations all the time.

... But, honestly, it's stupid because there's no clear way to get rid of a revenant other than either giving them what they want or using 'wish', or having the DM come up with some magical bullshit.

In the end, it's 'sort of not as bad if the DM curbs your nonsense' but it still doesn't really justify the autoheal ability.
>>
>>50638263
Nah, the small section on modifying classes that gives the example of trading out armor proficiency on a Cleric for a Monk's unarmored defense. Lets you run a cloth robe priest without as much downside.
>>
>>50635243
Should i wait for the next thread, or will this get a response?

My party just defeated a pretty tough miniboss encounter, and said miniboss was using a axe that i made the description of describing as being "black as the night sky, with an ominous sheen". So now my party has looted the axe, and i'm a little torn: i kinda want to give it special properties, but my party is only level 3, and i'm shooting for a mid-to-low magic campaign.

If you were a low level character, and your first magic weapon wasn't +1, but instead gave you a minor, but unique ability or effect, would you be upset?

I'm talking about an effect like:
>"when the player scores a critical hit with this weapon, they may reroll the damage dice and take whatever result is higher"

Or maybe something out of combat, like:
+1 bonus to Religion (wis) checks.
>>
>>50638409

Just treat it like one of the old weapons of legacy. Its power doesn't unlock until [condition(s)] are met. Til then it's just a +1 axe. Then at a later point let it start getting mor epowerful.
>>
>>50638409
>mid-to-low magic campaign
You're already a disappointment
>>
>>50638409
Look at giving it a minor beneficial property and a minor detrimental property.

For example:
>While attuned to the artifact, you can use an action to cast one cantrip (chosen by the OM) from it.
and
>While attuned to the artifact, you are blinded when you are more than 10 feet away from it.

Now these are taken from crafting artifacts, and this might not necessarily be an artifact. But you get the idea.

If I were a player, I'd be much more interested in it not being the typical +1.
>>
>>50638409
Only +1 bonus is really boring desu. If you want to give it a unique ability make it something that the PC who'll wield it can't usually do, but make it something cool. You know, like glowing in the presence of a certain kind of enemy, or being able to cast detect magic once or twice per day.
>>
>>50638409
Probably should have thought of that beforehand so it doesn't beg the question 'why didn't the miniboss use its property?'

I feel a few people might be upset, but only because they don't understand 5e and are still in the mindset you can get +1 weapons at level 1 like in previous games.

Those all sound like boring, incredibly generic effects though. Also, religion is Int-based usually and it will rarely be used with wisdom. Not to mention 5e's general aversion to flat +bonuses to skills, although you can probably get away with it. Have it be something wild and double-edged that make them question if they want to use it, whereas the miniboss character would in no doubt be using such a weapon.

Say, it might allow players to spend a hitdie, roll it and take that much damage but also deal that much damage to enemies within 5ft (con save halves, save DC 8+profmod+conmod) as an action or something, blood magic style.
Would only really be useful if they find themself a good cluster of enemies to use it on, but hey.
That might not be low magic enough for you, though.

You could have it have a cool little feature such as, 'when you shine moonlight off of this, you can use it to see through a surface', so a limited form of x-ray vision.
>>
File: tumblr_nkiw4zm7IO1sjcnrzo1_250.gif (411KB, 154x142px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nkiw4zm7IO1sjcnrzo1_250.gif
411KB, 154x142px
>>50638468
>having shit taste
>doing high magic in 5e
>>
This talk of Revenants in the last few threads made me look it up. A Paladin Revenant would be nearly fucking unkillable, and they're a perfect fit for a Vengeance Paladin. Maybe I'll make one.
>>
File: TakuyaEizumi.gif (2MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
TakuyaEizumi.gif
2MB, 500x280px
>set up a guy as a really big suspect in the case of a possible kidnapping
>players completely sure he's the bad guy
>they get ready to barge in and kill the evil wizard that kidnapped the innocent girl
>players arrive and the one they thought was kidnapped was the one who did the kidnapping and the suspect was the one that was kidnapped

Didn't expect that to go so well. Their faces when.
>>
>>50638547
>doing low magic in any setting
>>
Any kind of glider rules in this game?

Would it be sufficient to say a glider can take you as far horizontally as half your initial vertical height? With a fall speed equal to feather fall?

And for added complexity, reduce/increase the distance by a factor of 2 depending on whether you're in favorable or unfavorable winds.
>>
>>50638660
The higher fantasy things get, the more unexplainable things become and the less sensical things are
When things don't make sense, there's no fun because there's nothing to puzzle over by relating things to concepts the players can understand, often real-world concepts.

If you gave players a pan-dimensional shifting dungeon that moves through dimensions beyond the player's understanding, they'll get lost and it won't be as fun as a dungeon that functions in real world geometry and perhaps rotates instead in a logical pattern they can figure out. Of course, you can do non-euclidean geometry well if you can find a way players can relate it to something.

So, while you can make things make sense in both high fantasy and low fantasy and a good writer can make high fantasy still not a jumbled mess of 'It's magic, I ain't gotta explain shit' generally low fantasy is much less likely to approach that territory. High fantasy is plothole hell.

Then again, I guess some people don't enjoy thinking.
>>
>>50638786
>take you as far horizontally as half your initial vertical height
That's not gliding, that's going into a steep dive. You'll want more like twice as far horizontally as your vertical height.
>>
>>50638868
High magic != nonsense
But I wouldn't expect you to understand that
>>
Immolation is a bad guy spell. Use against your players go make them go oh fuck
>>
>>50638868
>high magic makes things too hard
>therefore people who can actually do it well don't enjoy thinking
?????
>>
>>50638868
The only times you should be using "Its magic, I ain't gotta explain shit" are times when explaining it isn't necessary. Sigil being a semi-circular disc that lets you see the other side adds a factor of awe and lets you know immediately what kind of city it will be but there is no imperative to let the players know how the fuck it is what it is. They don't need to know that to get what they need to out of the city. Shit that players have to hard interact with should be grounded enough they can understand it with minimal backstory.
>>
>>50638950
>"...So, while you can make things make sense in both high fantasy"

You literally stated something I already stated.
>>
>>50638927
I guess I was imagining more of like a slowly drifting parachute as opposed to a glider.
>>
>>50638786
Check Curse of Strahd pp. 88 Crypt 13
>>
>>50638786
AD&D 2e had it in the form of "Giant Kite Flying" as a proficiency for ninjas. It took into account that you were likely to stall out and go into a free fall if you attempted any extreme movement, and sometimes even if you didn't.
>>
>>50638980
>The only times you should be using "Its magic, I ain't gotta explain shit" are times when explaining it isn't necessary.

Excellent circular logic.
>>
>>50639039
That's not circular logic, anon
>>
>>50639011
Thanks senpai.
>>
>>50638980
It can get quite important once big powers come into play, though.

In high fantasy, gods will often be utmost high-powered beings, capable of fucking up the world if they were allowed. So, something has to explain why the gods don't just do this and work in unusual ways. Of course, it usually doesn't directly concern the player, but it doesn't really help the player really get a feel for the world or get into the world if all these things go unexplained or not understood.

In low fantasy, gods are more likely to be lowered powered and may not do crazy things simply because they don't have the power, so you don't have to go a mile justifying it.

High fantasy feels particularly dangerous when it comes to immature or not so great writers, which is probably one of the main reasons I'm not too keen on it.
>>
>>50639039

>When explaining the magic isn't necessary...

>that's when you should use the excuse, "It's magic, I ain't gotta explain shit."

Wow, so circular. Did they not teach you shapes in grade school or something?
>>
>>50639039
Do explain how its circular since neither of those elements are irrecoverably linked. I can have important shit that is magic despite wanting much more explanation explanation and I can have background shit that is completely explainable by physical means that nobody would care about looking into.
>>50639079
Oh of course, you still need some form of explanation for why wizards haven't taken over the place and why people still need random adventurers to kill rats in their basements but if you and your players are going into a high fantasy scenario then they should expect simpler/broader explanations for such things and be willing to accept them. The Gods don't come down because doing so would wreck the physical plane so they have their NAP and use the mortals as ways to get by. Why they don't want the physical plane wrecked is a reason you can go into at your own leisure but it should be sufficient if you go in expecting the setting.
>>
>What magical items have you wanted to use in your campaign but couldn't give to your players yet?
Just about to give them, actually. They're rings that summon unseen servants which, in turn, can cast a couple cantrips if you command them to using your action. Those with the rings can see servants summoned by a ring.

Yes, I'm unashamedly giving my players stands. The cantrips in question are non-damaging, so they won't be a main form of attack or anything, and I've waited until level 5 in the hopes that this won't take away too much from the casters of the group.
>>
quick question. whats the best 1st level necromancy, illusion, or conjuration wizard spell?
>>
>>50639039
It does appear to be circular logic, but thinking about it for more than a second will reveal what he's actually saying.

You actually don't "gotta explain shit" if players aren't going to ask you to explain it. Not because it's magic, but because it won't come up.

I run games that use high magic. But if I've set a dungeon in an old dwarven stronghold, and there are dwarven elevators, there is probably some concrete system they used since they're not exactly known for their arcane mastery. But they are known for their engineers.

However, if it were an old ruin left by elves, I probably wouldn't even have elevators. Perhaps there was a section that could magically lift someone up to the next floor like a levitate spell, if anything.

So long as it makes sense in-universe, and doesn't break suspension of disbelief, you're generally okay.

If you're building a rotating dungeon and players are gonna need to be interacting with it heavily to understand how to escape, or it's intentionally built as a puzzle, then they certainly will need to know how it works and that will have to be grounded in reality. That's just basic puzzle design. As the other guy said, they have to "hard interact" with it, so it should be explainable.

A magical lifting surface likely doesn't have to be hard interacted with. But if the dwarven elevator gets stuck or is malfunctioning, then it's grounded in enough reality for them to deal with it, despite still being a high magic setting.
>>
>>50639138
silent image, false life, find familiar
>>
>>50639123
That still gives a feeling I don't like, that 'The gods COULD just come down at any point and cause the entire material plane to collapse in on itself, but they don't.'
Even once the explanation makes sense, the fact they simply can feels irksome.

I'd rather gods be lower powered, that perhaps a modern civilization with tanks and such could defeat but an old civilization based on heroes and some stray wizards wouldn't be able to outdo. And, if one of those gods suddenly decided to become a bother, they couldn't just do so right away, there'd be time for others to stop them.

It probably doesn't help I'm being slowly more and more traumatized by the sight of many OC characters lately.
>>
>>50639079
But we live in a low fantasy setting, anon. Do you think our gods are lower powered?

I'm joking, but I hope you see my point.
>>
>>50639167
I'm personally doing my setting with only a few high powered gods and a lot of lower level greek-styled minor gods. The only big gods were ones who had followers and creations on the material plane and all the rest who thought themselves above that shit fractured into all their various sub-units when the equivalent of a magical nuke was dropped in Outlands after the Lady disappeared for some reason fucking up the system planes something fierce.
But I do understand the amount of bullshit I have to put into why those few major gods don't go down and kick some ass in whatever name they claim to be.
>>
File: sailor.jpg (214KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
sailor.jpg
214KB, 630x420px
Working on a new character concept since I took a good look at the aasimar's fluff in Volo's Guide to Monsters. Aasimar get a celestial guide, +2 cha, and the ability to radiate a nimbus of light, a la a transformation. I want to take all of this together and make a sailor scout. Which class fits it best? I was thinking either refluffed dragon sorc or some kind of warlock. How do I punish my foes in the name of the moon?
>>
>>50639282
fucking lol.

refluffed warlock for sure.
>>
>>50639297
My main issue is that my group only plays Adventurer's League, so I can't change anything outside of fluff. Maybe fey chainlock?
>>
>>50635444
Consider it like this.

Capstone features are arround 5 or 6 ki.
>>
Is a bardiche a glaive or greataxe?
>>
>>50639412
do you want it to have reach or not?
>>
>>50639412

Glaive I'd say.
>>
Can anyone explain to me the bladelock and chainlock builds?
>>
>>50639446
yes, if you go bladelock, take the bladelock invocations, if you go chainlock, take the chainlock invocations.
>>
If I wanted to play a 'savage', extremely offense-oriented Fighter, what archetype should I go with? I'm new and honestly the only character I've ever made was a Sorcerer.
>>
>>50639609
Champion is your best bet outside of being a Barbarian.
>>
>>50639609

Champion fits your theme but is boring as. Batltemaster could work fine. Barbarian probably suits you better.
>>
>>50639623
>>50639651
Honestly, my reason of asking is for randomly making stats for a character in my backstory out of boredom.
Thanks! The bloodlust of a Barbarian is something they'd have, so I wouldn't be opposed to be mixing a bit of that in there.
>>
What's the appropriate roll to have characters wake up from unconsciousness?
>>
>>50640355
Nat.
Fucking.
Twenty.
>>
>>50639446
Tomelock is only real choice.
You can even learn find familiar and get your own familiar as well as a spell book.
Sure a chainlock's can have a few more uses out of his familiar but honestly. Your standard familiar and a tome book are 10 times better.

Only problem is, warlock has an atrocious number of spells slots.
>>
>>50640355
Why do you need to roll to wake up?

But if necessary, Stamina DC5 (increasing i there's a poison or spell intentionally keeping tem asleep)
>>
>>50640442
To see who if any wakes up before they're eaten by giant spiders.
>>
I wonder what we are gonna get for Monk's tomorrow. I'm hoping for drunken master and tattoo monk. Also hoping the following UA will be another Mystic update.
>>
>>50640514
European monk who creates sanctuaries and is empowered by God to defend people within them
>>
>>50640514
Kensai and a direct Four Elements alternative.
>>
>>50640545
>Four Elements alternative
>>
>>50640545
I'm down for a kensai archetype being for monks instead of fighters.
Also I love all the anons that have been making a the bugbearmont shops. It really makes me want take curse of strahd and may the innistrad booklet and hammer it into resembling some wonky castlevania campaign with all these non-human adventurers just raiding the fuck out of castle dracula. Most of the more iconic vania monsters are right in the MM, converting some of the more exotic and obscure ones should prove to be a fun project. Providing that nothing suitable can't be found in fifth edition foes or tome of beasts.
>>
Say a god decided to walk among mortals, either for shits and giggles or to achieve some super secretive end.
How do you mechanically allow the players to determine if something is up?
Say, I don't know, a goddess of trickery decided to pretend to take up the bard's offer and then teleported the poor bastard into public wearing only his skivvies?
It's not a good example, but the important part is providing the chance to not get totally blindsighted by a person who's completely out of your power class.
>>
Why is Tree Stride a fucking 5th level spell?
>>
I have a question. I'm the DM in a group of 4, they are relatively new to d&d and myself am new to DMing. I have one player that constantly whines about his rolls are too low and always complains he never gets the spot light. I generally give everyone a shot at something, but if proficient I give that one player the spot. He has high charisma, so I gave him first dibs to interrogate a goblin, after minutes of thinking what he wants to say, he said something really dumb (not his first time doing this) and I just got fed up with it and passed it on to someone else.

do you think I did the right thing? I talked to my group about it and they said they didn't care that I did it, even saying they're tired of it too.
>>
>>50640877
Teleport 500 feet onece per 6 seconds 10 times in a row.
5000 feet in total, assuming you were in a dense ass forest.
>>
>>50640945
I can't say for sure, but I suspect that he simply has difficulty communicating what he wants to do.
If I really wanted to get armchair psychologist up in here, I'd guess he's in a sort of weird state where since he doesn't get asked what he wants or how he wants to do something a lot, he's never sincerely considered what would actually happen if someone asked for his opinion, so he doesn't even know how to respond once asked.
In other words, you know that feeling when you don't want to go to a particular event but can't think of a better thing to do to excuse yourself? This is that.
>>
>>50640877
Because WotC want travel to be a logistics problem until 9th level.
>>
Trying to make a cursed item from a bone collective (tome of beasts), I'm thinking of the cloak with either cast raise dead 1 per day or summon two skeletons from thin air once per day. What downside could I give this item? Not particularly looking to fuck my players over just want some sort of neat downside to using things taken from evil sources. Double points if it's a downside that, with clever use could be an upside/negated.
>>
>>50641067

The thing is I give him plenty of time to think and you know plenty of leeway on complaining. I'm at the point of telling him if you want to stay, start acting right and make some better decisions. if you not, hit then road. I'm not that close to him but the other people are and they said they wouldn't mind if he left, at this point it's a distraction.
>>
>>50641243
It requires blood sacrifice.

it doesn't have to be their blood though, they could stab a guy and then spawn skeletons.
Thread posts: 339
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.