[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ Fifth Edition General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 397
Thread images: 44

File: Sildar.jpg (76KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Sildar.jpg
76KB, 600x800px
>Latest News
Fighter UA is out! https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/fighter
Be sure to fill out the survey on last week's Druids.
>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v3:
https://mega.nz/#F!BUdBDABK!K8WbWPKh6Qi1vZSm4OI2PQ
>Community DMs Guild trove
Submit to [email protected], cleaning available!
https://mega.nz/#F!UA1BhCBS!Oul1nsYh15qJvCWOD2Wo9w
>Pastebin with resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previous thread
>>50619847

What houserules are you currently using?
>>
>>50627555
the 'everybody gets 1 reroll' houserule.
>>
>>50627555
No tieflings, dragonborn, or gnomes.
>>
File: 1456959065896.jpg (354KB, 650x999px) Image search: [Google]
1456959065896.jpg
354KB, 650x999px
>>50627555
>What houserules are you currently using?
Modifications of UA feats because they're almost all terrible, terrible representations of how history and archeology surmise ancient, medieval, and renaissance weaponry was actually used. Also because they don't solve the problem of their being a mechanically optimal choice in arms for certain builds, which, frankly, is a bit boring.

Also, having a feat or fighting style that adds finesse to other weapons. It's not only more historically accurate, it's more interesting than having everyone run around with rapiers and daggers.
>>
I will play a dual-wielding dex paladin and you can't stop me

I really should go swashbuckler instead but I wanna be divine and fey as fuck
>>
In my games, only races with Sunlight Sensitivity get true Darkvision. Everyone else gets Low-Light Vision, which is like Darkvision but only works in dim light.
>>
>>50627618
That's okay. Have fun anon!
>>
>>5062755

We've got a ton.
The most important to me personally is that instead of Wild Magic being a d20 roll it's a d10, and every time it's rolled and doesn't go off the chances it will next time go up by one.

We've also got a few other things like a confirmation roll for crits that can either make things better or worse, our druid is pretty heavily reworked etc
>>
>>50627555
My campaign houserules are this:

No Mystic (Mystic UA)
No Changeling (Eberron UA)
No Abyssal Tiefling (Old Black Magic UA)
No Runescribe (Rune Magic UA)
No Races/Classes from the DMG

Encumbrance according to attached PDF.

Resurrection not possible.
>>
>>50627555

Modification of Backgrounds into a mini-lifepath.

An Inspiration modification,

Great Stonking Huge Wild Surge chart.

A fistful of homebrewed character options (new races, new archetypes, skills).

I'm updating Dragonstar to 5th edition as well, so there'll be plenty of house rules popping up in the days to come.
>>
Challenge: design a character (or BBEG, if you GM) based on the last song you listened to.
>>
>>50627849
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DREDV1yFOYs

Well holy shit. Storm Sorcerer/Rogue. Pump CHA, and just be a smooth-talking badass.
>>
>>50627555
Every ability score bonus in Intelligence nets you one free tool or language proficiency. It makes intelligence less of a dump stat.
Gnomes are reskinned into pic related.
>>
What is the most cancerous character concept there is?
>>
>>50627901
tiefling warlock rogue who steals the entire partys money
>>
>>50627901
8 int conjuraton wizard that casts polymorph to fuck animals and summon pickaxes
>>
>>50627555
Intelligence and dexterity, as well as charisma and wisdom, have their saves consolidated into "reflex" and "will", which uses the highest of the two stats

Also monks get a third attack per attack action at level 11
>>
I want to convey a kind of exaggerated cockney accent via text for one of my characters but don't know how. Any help?
>>
>>50627849
>A hymn to Elbereth Gilthoniel
The goddess of light, star-kindler... uuhhh...

An angel of the star goddess has gone a bit wonky and wants to fill the material plane with radiant energy, turning the earth into a star (and kinda killing all mortals in the process, whoops)?
>>
>>50627555
Sooo I'm just getting into a 5e game, as my first experience with the system.

Are there any more races and classes other than the ones in PHB?
>>
>>50627936
Why don't you also use Fort?
>>
>>50627950
jus' pu' an apostrophe in place of mos' "t" sounds to show the glo'al stops
>>
>>50627965
Virts guide to monsters in the op.
>>
>>50627901
Any character made by a player who doesn't understand how alignment works or basic human morality.
>>
>>50627971
Because strength has enough things that require saving throws that combining strength and constitution doesn't turn a totally useless save into a useful one, but rather combines two useful saves

I mean, it does work fine if you do that, but strength is already something of a dump stat, and all strength-using classes want high constitution anyway, and since strength saves actually get used, unlike intelligence and charisma saves, it causes more problems
>>
Guys I got D&D in an hour, can you point me out to the rule about if you cast a spell as a bonus action, your main spell can only be a cantrip?
>>
>>50627950
'ere you cheeky caaaahnt, firs' ya do wha' >>50627974 'e said, an' then you 'ave a butcher's a' orkish gabber in Warhammer an' Robert's ya muvver's bruvver

Lissen 'ow 'e talks in Quadrophenia. WHA'S THA' THEN EHHH? PISS AAAWWFFF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W460b2psKpM
>>
>>50627965
I may get flak for linking to leddit, but this is a pretty comprehensive list and I'm not gonna be arsed to reformat.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dndnext/comments/5d8q8s/all_the_races_classes_and_spells_available_repost/
>>
>>50628036
>I may get flak for linking to leddit
Not a problem.

Thanks!

Awyiss, genasi aren't just a homebrew on dandwiki.
>>
>>50627974
>>50628031
Thanks lads
>>
>>50628025
PHB, page 202. "Bonus Action" heading.
>>
Come at me.

I think it needs a buff, where? Make the 13th level a bonus action? It might still balance out since rogues have lots of things to use their bonus action for.

Does 17th level need a nerf?
>>
>>50628138
The 13th level feature could easily be a bonus action, but I'd shorten it's range, thrown sand doesn't go very far
>>
>>50627609
Sounds like you put some good work into it. Mind showing us?
>>
Do unicorns have any specific enemies, other than general Evil and shits who leave candy wrappers in their grove?
>>
>>50628208
Big monstrous creatures may try to eat them. Also, poachers probably could sell the horn. Anything besides that you'd have to make up whole cloth.
>>
>>50627609
The entire PHB consists of terrible, terrible representations of history and archeology. That said, mind sharing your stuff?

>>50627818
Anon, not using unpublished materials is not a houserule. You'd have to houserule those IN to use them.
>>
>>50628277
I guess it wasn't explicit, but, all other UA except for the ones listed are allowed in.
>>
>>50628208
Adding, the problem with conflicts with unicorns is they aren't known for going out of their way to do things or being in the way of anything generally. Maybe other beings of the forest like cruel fey would seek to do them ill, or anything destructive or corruptive to the forest as a whole would set them at odds.
>>
File: DexPlusTwoIntPlusOne.jpg (45KB, 500x687px) Image search: [Google]
DexPlusTwoIntPlusOne.jpg
45KB, 500x687px
>>50627849
'tis the season...
High elf artificer?
>>
File: 1474018671624.jpg (339KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1474018671624.jpg
339KB, 1920x1080px
>>50628190
eh, I haven't worked on it in a while (been a few months since I last posted a version of it) and it needs updating to accommodate some of the (actually not terribly bad) ideas in the newer UA. I'll post them again once I've had a chance to tidy them up. Anons seemed to like the polearms options in that thingy.

>>50628277
>The entire PHB
Sure, but I find the equipment bit the most egregious. And I totally understand how things like the Fighter UA were presented, where they explicitly acknowledged the anachronisms taken in order to make a more accessible/fun game.

I just find it a bit odd that *because* of our shared cultural (mis)understandings about these things that some weapons are pigeonholed into builds/molds that can be a bit jarring.
>>
>>50628346
He employs elves, but I like him better as a dorf.
>>
>>50628036
I don't care about Reddit but that just looks messy. Attached is much nicer even if it includes the DMsGuild stuff WotC approved and is a bit messy from the revenant and such.
>>
>>50627936
So... you use reflex saving throws to see through illusions?
Also, are there now tons of classes with only one save?

>>50627926
And here I thought this was going to be a nice thread.
>>
>>50628361
Fantasy is naught but a collection of fanciful ideas. Historical myths and misunderstandings flow naturally into it.
>>
>>50628138
3rd level feature is OP because a single attack is potentially massive for a rogue.
9th level feature makes no sense because you don't need advantage to sneak attack.
13th level feature should be called "pocket sand" and should be available to all characters instead of just this archetype
17th level feature is fine.
>>
>>50628361
I should have been more specific - by "the entire PHB" I really did mostly mean the equipment chapter. D&D-based misinformation is one of my bigger frustrations, but fortunately it's getting better as more and more people actually care enough to research things.
At least they got rid of katanas.

>>50628363
One of his nicknames is the "jolly old elf."
>>
>>50628418
I swear I was thinking "and is called one" when I typed that. Yes he's called an elf, but the historical lines between the fanciful races are so blurry as to be useless.

But yeah, sure, fine, a fat elf.
>>
File: 1457862848564.jpg (52KB, 795x545px) Image search: [Google]
1457862848564.jpg
52KB, 795x545px
>>50628418
Oh, I agree, 100%. The 5e PHB's equipment list is miles and miles better than prior editions in terms of historical accuracy. I mean, sure, the armor fluff and descriptions is still mostly bollocks, but that's just what you're stuck with when you have a single defense stat. And lots of other stuff such as historical use of halberds and the like is actually fairly opaque, so you can't fault the authors for filling it in with cultural cues.

The only real (fairly minor) issues at hand is that sacred cow of a longsword and hammers, but that's fairly small stuff.
>>
File: sneak attack.png (58KB, 324x221px) Image search: [Google]
sneak attack.png
58KB, 324x221px
>>50628392
>3rd level feature is OP because a single attack is potentially massive for a rogue.
You sure? It's grapple+attack, but you have to actually succeed in grappling them. And only the first time they're grappled, not for the duration.
>9th level feature makes no sense because you don't need advantage to sneak attack.
You need either advantage or an adjacent ally. This is meant to go around that requirement, as Swashbuckler does, but while still requiring the other things (right type of weapon).
>13th level feature should be called "pocket sand" and should be available to all characters instead of just this archetype
Yeah, so how do I buff it to make it worth a feature?
>17th level feature is fine.
Fantastic!
>>
>>50628418
>One of his nicknames is the "jolly old elf."
That kind of elf is more akin to a gnome than a tall-elf
>>
>DM says that rogues getting sneak attack is retarded and ruled that it only works in the surprise round

Help me convince him otherwise. I don't want to leave yet.
>>
So there's a bunch of monsters that auto grappled and have a escape DC for the grapple. To escape, is that a plain Str/Dex check or do Athletics or Acrobatics apply?
>>
>>50628535
Each round, I mean.
>>
>>50628546
See, I was following you until this. What is each round?
>>
>>50628483
>grapple+attack
It's a toss-up, but I'd be hesitant to give a rogue an extra attack over his other actions, ever. Plus, rogues use their bonus actions for lots of things already, so this might clash with their general style too much.
>other things (right type of weapon)
Then you should specify what you mean, because "other requirements" is a pretty vague phrase.
>pocket sand
It's just not good as a class feature, because causing status effects without expending resources is risky, but then again you don't want to waste your action on it. It wouldn't fit well with the class in general.
>fantastic
Swell!

>>50628495
>>50628443
We can argue over the historical mixing of various mythological creatures, particularly in the little-understood non-Snorri Nordic mythology, or just go based on modern names. Let's do that second one.
>>
>>50628554
DM says that rogues getting sneak attack each round is overpowered and retarded and ruled that it only works in the surprise round.
>>
>>50628543
They apply.

>>50628554
I assume anon meant DM doesn't like sneak attacks happening on each round.

>>50628535
Your DM is an idiot. Rogues depend on SA for their damage output in the same way that paladins depend on Smite and fighters rely on attacking lots of times. The class needs a major buff if he takes it away.
>>
>>50628556
>It's a toss-up, but I'd be hesitant to give a rogue an extra attack over his other actions, ever. Plus, rogues use their bonus actions for lots of things already, so this might clash with their general style too much.
His "other actions" is literally just the grapple. And the clashing seems more feature than bug, if you're grappling and shanking you aren't also darting around the battlefield.
>>
>>50628535
>>50628567
Explain to him that it's the core feature of the class and the only thing that keeps them competitive in combat since they don't get extra attack or spells - and without it they have literally nothing except skills and expertise so they might as well be a non-combatant commoner class.
>>
>>50628567
Oh ok. Yeah tell him this isn't old school "backstab", it's simple precision misdirection and trickery adding to your attacks when you have any kind of advantage. Also point out that a rogue simply can't compete with any other class if they can't sneak attack often, either he has to play it as is or ban the class as its completely neutered.
>>
>>50628535
This: >>50628591
Rogues don't get extra attack, fighting styles, smites, hunter's mark, rage damage, none of that. They are completely and entirely dependent on sneak attack to keep up.
>>
>at 5th level clerics gain the ability to revivify anyone who died within the last minute

So, it goes from "possibility that someone dies" to "no one ever dies, unless it's the cleric or a total party kill"? How do you deal with that?
>>
>>50628642
Have monsters drag unconscious bodies away from the fight, either to eat/loot/imprison them depending on how smart the thing is
>>
>>50628679
Anything humanoid or half as smart as one will know to separate the fallen from that healing guy. If it's too dumb for that the players deserve the advantages of it.
>>
>>50628642
The cleric still has to prepare the spell AND use one of their only two 3rd-level slots on it. That's a very real cost when you only have 9 slots in total and need to use them on spiritual weapon/bless/cure spells.
By the time clerics can throw 3rd-level slots around comfortably they already know Raise Dead anyway.
>>
File: Character_f1ee01_5829144.jpg (124KB, 736x1030px) Image search: [Google]
Character_f1ee01_5829144.jpg
124KB, 736x1030px
Do Pact of Tome warlocks make decent casters? I figure that so long as you focus your pact magic on combat/mobility spells, then take the 1/day and at-will invocations, and take pact of tome and some open decent utility mystic arcanum, the warlock can be a pretty competent caster.
>>
>>50628770
Yeah, Tome Warlocks are great casters
>>
>>50628770
Kinda. They're flexible but less options than a wizard. Invocations give them special niches though, so it's still worthwhile. Just don't get those 1/day invocations and you're good.
>>
What other minions would a Chain Devil have besides hell hounds?
>>
>>50628794
But polymorph and conjure elemental are great grabs
>>
>>50628838
Eh I guess. Still shouldn't cost a slot.
>>
>>50628880
Yeah I suppose, at least you get the slot back on a short rest, just not the spell itself. My parties always have long pauses between combats during a day, so sneaking in short rests is simple as pie
>>
>>50628811
Imps. Invisible and constantly using the help action.
>>
>>50628642
Also the cleric would need to have a steady supply of diamonds to be able to cast the spell regularly
>>
When YOU crit, do you roll double the dice, or do you roll once and double the result? I know how it's done RAW, I'm just curious what you do at your table.
>>
>>50628418
>D&D-based misinformation

That's just your usual misinformation.
>>
File: DUCREUXhaters.jpg (84KB, 274x360px) Image search: [Google]
DUCREUXhaters.jpg
84KB, 274x360px
>>50627603
>mfw our current party has all three and i'm the dragonborn
>>
>>50629039
My DM uses the crit from older editions, where the attack does the maximum damage doable with a regular hit.
>>
>>50627873
aw man i used to love spiral knights my dude
>>
>>50628770
I've been playing a Tome warlock and my experience is that the class operates like a caster outside of combat, and a martial in combat. The class runs out of juice really fast, so if you're actions become much more rote if you can't take short rests.

Infinite illusions can be pretty handy, and Misty Visions effectively does the same thing as Darkness + Devil's Sight, only it's more efficient and you get a bunch of extra utility out of it.
>>
>>50627974
This bloke's go' the righ' idea an' then you migh' as well drop all the bloody aitches off the fron' of words like 'orse an' 'aberdashery as well.
>>
>>50628495

I'm going with Firbolg Forge Cleric.

>>50628535

Sage Advice literally states "Rogue is balanced to assume that they gets Sneak Attack every time [The same way Ranger is balanced to assume it doesn't get Favored Enemy]"
>>
>>50629096
4th edition is the only one that did this, and combined it with extra dice rolled from magical weapons.

>>50629103
I played a chainlock and it wasn't that different. Basically a ranged fighter in combat, and an arcane trickster outside of combat.
I then multiclassed into arcane trickster.
>>
>>50627555
No item draw limitations.
Want to put away your sword, drink a potion, and get your sword out again? Fine.
Want to wield your rapier and dagger on your first turn without a feat? Go for it.
Want to put away your warhammer, draw a javelin, throw it, draw and throw another javelin, and have your warhammer back out in time for that enemy provoking a reaction attack as it runs away? Have fun.
Need to cast that Cleric spell with hammer and shield in hand? Whatever, as long as you can wave your arms around, you're good.
>>
>>50629306
>Need to cast that Cleric spell with hammer and shield in hand? Whatever, as long as you can wave your arms around, you're good.
This is official RAI, anyway
>>
>>50627582
Per what? Session? Encounter? Long Rest? Campaign?
>>
>>50629377
"Everybody gets one" sounds like you get one in a player's lifetime. Maybe he meant per campaign though.
>>
File: Phyrexian Overpirest.jpg (628KB, 3788x1736px) Image search: [Google]
Phyrexian Overpirest.jpg
628KB, 3788x1736px
What do you guys think of this as a final boss. Mind you, this is for a level 20 party consisting of a sorcerer, wizard, paladin, and barbarian and they have artifacts and legendaries up the ass.
>>
File: necro2.jpg (35KB, 400x480px) Image search: [Google]
necro2.jpg
35KB, 400x480px
>>50629103
Would you recommend using pact magic that focuses on combat or out of combat spells?
>>
>>50629436
>>50629377
Isn't that built into 5e though with the Inspiration mechanic?

It's not a reroll ANYTHING but it's a reroll mechanic nonetheless.
>>
>>50627618
>dual-wielding dex fey skirmisher
Why not play Bard, exactly?
>>
>>50629526
>implying anybody remembers inspiration

a pity, really.
>>
>>50629440
>Teleport as a free action
Seeing as this means infinite uses per turn, he can teleport in from the other side of the planet, attack, then teleport back. You might, uh, want to reword that.
>No weak saves
Even the Tarrasque has +0 on dex.
>Switch Form
Just say "until the end of its next turn." No need for the "1 full round (explanation)" phrasing you have there.
Also, explain how the shield HP and form HP interacts with the main HP.
>War Demon
tf is magical bludgeoning damage?
>Psychic Demon
Status effects do not specify how long they last, so they last forever. If this is your intention. ok.
Critical saves aren't a thing. Just say "natural 20."
>Environmental Demon
Does a conjured 10-ton boulder count as "environment"? Just say he's immune to weapon and spell damage and status effects and let creativity do the rest.
>Summon Phyrexians
What stats do these have? Same as his forms?
>Telegraphed Attacks
We Dark Souls now, boys

In conclusion, he's way too weak.
Except for the teleport thing.
>>
>>50629608
You get one free action in 5e. No weak saves because fuck 'em. The explanation is for my rules lawyer player. The HP stuff makes sense to me, so whatever. Magical bludgeoning damage is damage type bludgeoning and magic. Status effects do last forever, until dead. Crit/nat 20 are the same thing. Conjured boulder doesn't work, as it was produced by magic. Summons are a bit stronger.

What would you add or change?
>>
>>50629576
spells are for dweebs, smiting is for bros
queen of the talking beasts 4 lyfe
>>
What's the best way to bladelock?
>>
>>50629726
Play Eldritch Knight and take Magic Initiate (Warlock)
>>
>>50629642
First off, critical save sounds stupid. No, I'm not the same guy who just corrected you. Second, I believe the wording you are looking for would be "bludgeoning damage that counts as magical for overcoming resistance", yes? There's no such thing as magic damage unless you want to call out a specific damage type in that spectrum.
>>
>>50629750

Yes, the latter.
>>
>>50629736
That isn't a bladelock.
>>
>>50629642
>one free action in 5e
You get one bonus action, anon. Free actions don't exist. Either something is an action or it isn't, and "free action" implies it isn't.

>Makes sense to me, so whatever
If it makes sense to you but not to anybody else, how do you expect us to judge whether it's balanced or not?

>Damage type bludgeoning and magic
There's no such thing as "magic" damage type. Doesn't exist.

>Crit/nat 20 are the same thing
Only for attack rolls.

>Conjured boulder was produced by magic
What if it was TK'ed over the dude's head? Your definition sounds arbitrary and meant to limit players to the exact actions you had in mind instead of encourage creativity.

>Summons are a bit stronger
Without the stats we have no way to help you gauge the creature's overall strength.
>>
>>50629576
>>50629643
Hmm. Valor bard though. I dunno, how close to a paladin can I skin a bard? Other than following tenets and all that divine shit, what Oath of the Ancients -like spells do bards get? Speak With Animals, Animal Messenger... no Misty Step though.
>>
>>50629642
>>50629775
(cont.)

What I would add or change:
1. "Free action" to "bonus action." Specify effects are permanent. Fix the phrasing on things unless nobody else will ever read it.
2. Give it at least one weak save. Probably either con or dex, because you don't want it to be overly susceptible to mind-affecting spells.
3. Give it either spell resistance or legendary resistance. Otherwise he won't survive past round 2 against the sorcerer and the wizard.
4. Magical damage is still not a thing.
5. Clarify what you mean by "environment," and without providing a specific list.
6. Telegraphed attacks don't really work in D&D unless they have a REALLY large AOE.
7. Reduce its hit point. Yes, reduce. Right now it's going to be a boring-ass slugfest. Trust me, even 500 can stretch for a while (the Tarrasque only has 676!), and this guy has potentially 3100. This is boring as HELL.
8. Read the PHB front-to-cover before attempting to create new effects in a system you don't fully understand. This is not an insult, this is an honest suggestion.
9. Read the "Creating a Monster" section in the DMB, page 273. The whole thing. If you already read it, read it again.
10. Read the stats for ancient red dragons, ancient gold dragons, and the tarrasque, so you have a good frame of reference for what sort of power level you're aiming for.

I can't give a lot more specifics because I'm not too familiar with the monster you're designing. But these are all good places to start.

>>50629750
>>50629758
>bludgeoning damage that counts as magical for overcoming resistance
Still isn't a thing. Falling off a cliff would cause bludgeoning damage and wouldn't be reduced resistance to nonmagical weapons. If the ability deals bludgeoning damage from impact, you don't need to specify it's magical, especially when that doesn't make any actual sense.
>>
>>50629642
>>50629775
>Free actions don't exist.
I think he might be talking about "interact with an object", which you can do as part of another action, but only once per turn
>>
File: WhichWouldActuallyBePrettyCool.jpg (103KB, 500x651px) Image search: [Google]
WhichWouldActuallyBePrettyCool.jpg
103KB, 500x651px
>>50629793
Pretty sure anon meant bonus actions, but if you're right it makes even less sense unless it's teleporting with a Vortex Manipulator
>>
>>50629608
>>50629790
Maybe what he's looking for is "Magic Weapons. The creature's weapon attacks are magical."
>>
File: int_vs_wis.jpg (105KB, 513x464px) Image search: [Google]
int_vs_wis.jpg
105KB, 513x464px
Okay this is kind of bullshit.

Maybe I've been spending too much time in /osrg/, but what kind of player (not character) would say:

"Oh, I succeeded on my Perception check. There's a section of the wall here that's unusually clean, that's nice. Anyway, let's move on"?

Same goes for the trap rules. It takes a Perception check to notice the lack of footsteps where there's a concealed pit trap, AND THEN an Investigation check to deduce that it's a concealed pit trap?

Why not just let the player roll one die to see if they find any secret doors or traps? What's the RAI here?
>>
>>50629726
Focus on punishment spells like armor of agathys, fire shield, and hellish rebuke. You may not have the highest AC or the highest melee damage, but you can deal out a good deal of hurt to people that hurt you.
>>
>>50629873
>There's a section of the wall here that's unusually clean, that's nice. Anyway, let's move on"?
But if you investigate further is the decision of the character, which means you can simply choose to make a Intelligence check to deduce why its clean. Thats what its saying.
>>
File: stupid goddamn monster.jpg (137KB, 367x469px) Image search: [Google]
stupid goddamn monster.jpg
137KB, 367x469px
Holy shit you guys, my party almost got wiped by two goddamn snails.

We were in the elemental plane of earth, all of us 5th level. In a massive cavern, we see a pair of massive shiny snails doing their gross mating thing. We think "sick, loot to be had", and start throwing spells. Our DM rolls a d6, and then describes how the snails are not only unharmed by the fireball, but some of the energy bounces back and hits us. The rogue (already injured at this point) is KO'd, and me and the warlock are hurt pretty bad. Warlock shoots it with eldritch blast and misses, DM explains that the blast ricochets and hits the warlock in the face. Warlock drops. At this point the snails slowly move toward us, blind us with color, and then smack me with its mace tentacle things.

Almost dead, the barbarian and I cut our losses, grab our companions, and run. We clearly have been outmatched by fucking gastronomy.

>pic related, fucking asshole monster
>>
File: tumblr_odkjs2XzIh1v2fco7o1_1280.jpg (100KB, 682x768px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_odkjs2XzIh1v2fco7o1_1280.jpg
100KB, 682x768px
Should warlock spells be more focused on combat use or out of combat use? With the book of shadows and illusion invocations, it seems like there's already a lot of out of combat utility.
>>
>>50629910
>on a foreign plane
>see giant monsters mating
>"leeroy jeeeeenkins!!!"

Serves you right
>>
>>50629873
I think unless they have 8 Int, then they'd probably be able to deduce something simple. Or they'd just bring it up to the others and they'd figure it out.

I personally use Perception for seeing what a character notices in a quick snapshot, and Investigation for how well they go over a space inch by inch taking their time.
>>
>>50629873
>Low int
I'm assuming a dude with 10 int can spot that clean spot on the wall and at least say
>something is off about that being clean but the rest being dusty
He may not immediately assume its a secret door but he can definitely tell something is off. 7 or 8 int would take a minute or two to think of a reason why it might be so and 5 or below would think nothing of it at all.
>>
>>50629910
>hurting pretty bad
>giant monster on another plane getting groove on
>"HEY LETS GET EM"
You deserve it.
>>
>>50629911
Generally, utility spells serve a Warloxk better, as Eldritch Blast and Hex covers most of their combat needs. Assuming you don't take Eldritch blast for whatever reason, then you'll want more combat spells, using the extra can trip and invocation for more utility.
>>
>>50629873
>"Oh, I succeeded on my Perception check. There's a section of the wall here that's unusually clean, that's nice. Anyway, let's move on"?
It's more about RP. You might ask someone in the group that is smarter in the group why it's clean. You might know its a secret door, but not know how they work so ask someone better at investigation to look for the way to open it
>>
>>50629910
>See two beings minding their own business, just enjoying a quick screw
>Try to cockblock them both with murder, because snails might have loot? What.

No Jon, you are fucking asshole monsters.
>>
>>50630020
>>50629969
>>50629924

To be fair, the asshole snails were really shiny and we had heard that their shells might be valuable.
>>
File: justin_roiland.jpg (66KB, 396x594px) Image search: [Google]
justin_roiland.jpg
66KB, 396x594px
>didn't buy the spellbook cards when they were widely available
>now they're sold out in Europe
>regret it
>>
>>50629778
Maybe the College of Heraldry from this? Or if you're going more full-on fey, the College of Love. And then from the most recent UA, the College of Glamour.

>https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Oc_Hm6mSAKVGc0YjJGS1E3VDQ/view

Also, holy shit, Play Heartstrings may be one of my favorite little fluffy abilities I've ever seen.
>>
>>50630067
No shit, apparently because they reflect fucking magic.
>>
>>50629906
Fair enough, but you've passed your check. This section of the wall is definitely unusual. I don't think many DMs would object to players trying stuff like, "Okay, I push/pull/slide it," and that reveals that it's a secret door. But then what if you fail your Investigation check? Do they say, "Sorry, you're not allowed to push/pull/slide that section of the wall, you haven't deduced why it's suspiciously clean"?

Of course there are the usual flame wars about player intelligence or charisma versus their character's skill checks, but the difference here is that they rolled a die and they succeeded. What's the second die roll for? It's like a very limited and boring version of 4E skill challenges.

>>50629928
That's how I'd handle it too. Perception is noticing stuff, Investigation is searching and looking for clues. But then I don't get why it's in the rules, like why does a hidden pit have a DC 15 Perception check to notice the absence of foot traffic, and then a DC 15 Investigation check to confirm that it's a pit trap?

>>50629939
>>50630008
Again, maybe /osrg/ has infected me. My main problem is that the player has made a check and succeeded. A player declares their character is searching their room and succeeds in finding something unusual, but then the GM says, "Whoa there, you need to make ANOTHER check before you know that's a secret door."

And again, what if they fail that second check? They just can't use the secret door? I feel like they just wanted to give the Investigation skill more of a use.

Sorry if I sound pedantic, I really like 5E but I don't understand the intention here.
>>
>>50629446
Right now I'm about 50/50 and to be honest I could afford to swap out one or two more combat spells. Defensive buffs really aren't worth burning a spell slot, but having an AOE and a control spell available can be quite handy. In most combat situations I'm just relying on Hex, which has only become more useful since I realized it can also be used out of combat to make people fail Insight and checks.
>>
>>50630148
>But then what if you fail your Investigation check? Do they say, "Sorry, you're not allowed to push/pull/slide that section of the wall, you haven't deduced why it's suspiciously clean"?
If you fail the investigation check, they tell you that your character notices nothing unusual. If you then still decide its IC for your character to push/pull it ANYWAY, then you can do that.
>>
>>50630229
But you've already noticed something unusual. It's not like convincing a guard or solving a riddle using your wits as a player, you've rolled a die and succeeded in noticing it.

Take the pit trap example in the DMG:

>A successful DC 15 Wisdom (Perception) check discerns an absence of foot traffic over the section of floor that forms the pit's cover. A successful DC 15 Intelligence (Investigation) check is necessary to confirm that the trapped section of floor is actually the cover of a pit.

"Do I notice anything suspicious about this corridor?"
"Make a Perception check."
"17, all right!"
"Okay, you notice there are no boot prints in a small square area ahead of you."

Where do you go from there? Again, maybe you prod the ground with a pole and the DM says the trap opens. But what if you don't? "Make an Investigation check"? What if you fail? Do you have to walk into the pit trap that you know is there, because that's good roleplaying?
>>
>>50630148
Perception for noticing stuff in passing and investigation for noticing stuff after thoroughly searching has never sat well with me because those are both inherently forms of noticing, why would one go off wisdom and the other off intelligence?

As that little sidebar above says, I differentiate between them (and passive perception) as such:

>passive perception
>things noticed by the character when they're not making any particular effort to find things such as when moving at normal pace or standng around doing nothing
>example result: you detect an invisible creature trying to sneak into the room behind you
>perception roll
>when the character is making an effort to notice things, either by moving slowly to search for traps or by specifically asking to search an area or section of a room
>example result: you're able to locate section of wall where the paint has faded somewhat differently, roughly in the shape and size of a door
>investigation check
>when the character is looking for "clues" or subtle hints that would give them information on things that have happened before, the hidden nature of an object or space or how to proceed forward
>example result: you realise that the sconce affixing the brazier to the wall is excessively ornate and complex for the surroundings, closer inspection affirms that it might contain some sort of trigger mechanism

I sort of get the complaint about having to roll twice, but in my campaign it's almost always different characters making these rolls and that's basically a core component of their teamwork in exploration play. Our druid spots the evidence of something awry, our bard steps in and investigates to deduce the nature of the mystery, our fighter stands off to the side cracking her knuckles.
>>
>>50629886
I've got 15 ac, which isn't bad.
>>
>>50630411

15 AC ain't good either, if you're gonna be in melee. Might want to grab some shield proficiency or something.
>>
>>50630123
Man we didn't know that
>>
>>50630339
>But you've already noticed something unusual.
Wether or not your character realises its something unusual depends on the character in question.

>>50630339
>Where do you go from there?
Depends on the character. Its fairly straightforward. If you failed all the Investigation checks to realise what this unusual thing you seen can mean, then, what does your character do? Is he so paranoid to assume a trap anyway?
Walking over it when he is a reckless daring person would be the perfectly sensibly IC thing to do yeah, roleplaying also means playing out to your mechanical disadvantage sometimes.
But realistically, no, you will easily find a way to justify for your OOC knowledge to translate into more optimal IC actions and proceed accordingly. Your character doesn't HAVE to succeed a Intelligence/Investigartions check to realise it 'might' be a trap. DSucceeding at the check means you will know 'for sure' if it is one.
You are perfectly entitled to have your character act on a reasonable suspicion, which you do not need to roll for.
>>
My characters' standard responses to finding something and not figuring out what it is is to call over someone who can figure out what it is.
>>
>>50630481
That's absolutely level-headed.
>>
>>50630481
Fucking exactly, are you all running solo campaigns or something? Stop, collaborate and listen.
>>
>>50630491

Ah, I remember one time, my poor 10 Int Monk was roaming around an abandoned castle after the party's long rest, and this ghostly woman comes through a wall and says something to me. Now, we'd spent the day before destroying a bunch of undead. Punching ghosts is fine and all, but when one starts talking to me, it's no-go. So the poor Monk ran off to find the party Wizard. "Wizard, wizard, somethin' weird's goin' on and I'm scared!"

>>50630504

Conversely, I've made it a habit on several characters to throw rocks at things. Dark hallway? Cast Light on a rock and throw it in. Hole where you can't see the bottom? Light rock. Rickety bridge? Light rock. Don't really need the Light for that last one, but it's a force of habit.
>>
>>50630372
I definitely agree with your examples and I'm glad it works for your group. Gives me the same vibe as how a rogue might try to pick a lock, fail, and then it's up to the fighter to ram it down.

I actually like Investigation as a skill, but I agree it should be for clues or hidden things. Classic detective stuff like deducing one of the statuettes is the odd one out, the footprints heading out of the dungeon are slightly heavier, or the victim was stabbed from behind.

But if the rogue has noticed that part of the western wall is suspiciously clean, hasn't he just noticed a secret door? And from a game design point of view, do things come to a halt because nobody succeeds on an Investigation check and therefore don't know how the door works? Push? Pull? Nope. It's just a suspicious wall the rogue noticed, enjoy the rest of the dungeon.
>>
File: hmm HMM.gif (481KB, 278x170px) Image search: [Google]
hmm HMM.gif
481KB, 278x170px
Isn't there any vidya based on 5e yet? I need something to do between sessions other than reading rulebooks and /5eg/.
>>
>>50630567
Yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0K6p9EE4xY
>>
Do you prefer to use custom backgrounds or the premade ones?
>>
>>50630549
>come to a halt
Not by any stretch. I feel like I'm failing as a DM if I don't have at least three or four different ways for my party to progress, one of which is probably fairly foolproof. Sure, they might miss out on certain content, but isn't that always a risk in role-playing games? They get over it and move on, and it's an unspoken truth that I'll probably recycle whatever was there in a later dungeon.

And of course, if they really desperately wanted to know what was behind that secret door I'd let them have another crack at the required checks after their next long rest.
>>
>>50630605
Premade for starting off, custom for the specific details.
>>
>>50629778
Bards can steal spells from other class lists at later levels, so you can totally get misty step.

... not until 10th level, though.
>>
>>50630559
You could also make the warlord a fighter variant rather than an archetype, like the ranger without spells. Sacrifice some Extra Attacks and ASIs for leadership features.
>>
>>50630605
I usually have an idea, start with a background from the book that's close, then customize, mix and match the skills and RP traits/bonds/flaws from different backgrounds. I don't bother making new background features (meaning the "abilities" like Position of Privilege)

I usually add in another flaw or trait on top of that
>>
>>50630603
Spoiler, it's not great.
>>
>>50630447
I intend to work it up, but for 3rd level 15 AC is viable.
>>
>>50630450
>Wether or not your character realises its something unusual depends on the character in question.

The DMG examples mention that it's unusual. "You notice that a section of the wall is clean compared to the others", or, "You notice the absence of foot traffic over this section of the corridor."

You passed the check and this is the result.

The rest of your reply makes sense and of course sometimes it makes sense (and is fun) to not do something even if your character knows (e.g. if it's a common riddle, you know the answer, but your character wouldn't). But here it's a game mechanic: you noticed the suspiciously clean square area on the dungeon floor. It's not metagaming or OOC knowledge to experiment and figure out that's a pit trap, any more than it is to answer the "walks on four legs..." riddle.
>>
>>50630652
I think at that point it might as well be a different class, though.
I already posted in /5eg/; I specifically wanted to know what /4eg/ had to say about what they like about the class. I wasn't there for specific mechanics, more for general concepts, which /4eg/ should be better with than /5eg/, seeing that it's entirely a 4e class.
>>
>>50629377
>>50629600
>>50629526
>>50627582
I have the same houserule, once per session. I just use it as inspiration.
>>
File: viari.png (54KB, 136x300px) Image search: [Google]
viari.png
54KB, 136x300px
>Apocalypse Dagger
>a black dagger that has +2 to attack and damage rolls, but must have some other unknown ability justifying its name?
>what the player doesn't know: on a natural 20 on an attack roll, the dagger explodes, and creatures in a 60' radius make a Constitution save, taking 8d8 necrotic damage on a failed save, or half as much on a successful save
>>
>>50630632
Good call, that makes a lot of sense. I forgot the blog but I remember an article on always having three ways to solve a problem, which seems like a good number. Can't go through the front door? There's a back door and a side window.

Plus in a lot of good adventures there are multiple entrances. Didn't find the main entrance? There's a secret entrance the tribesmen use. Don't find that? There's a hole in the ground that drops to area 23.

I just think it's a dick move to impede a player's progress in one direction by saying, "Great, you succeeded at one check! Now let's hope you pass the next one, then you can go on!"

What player isn't going to be frustrated by noticing something unusual that might be a secret door, then being told it isn't a secret door when it is? Or pit trap or whatever. They've passed their check, let them have it.
>>
Myself and some others that have never played DnD committed to starting 5th Edition after the new year.

Most of us have the core rulebooks, does anyone have advice on how to get started?
>>
I'll be playing a druid for the first time (circle of twilight from the UA), what are some must have spells, that I should always have prepared?
>>
>>50630691
>It's not metagaming or OOC knowledge to experiment and figure out that's a pit trap, any more than it is to answer the "walks on four legs..." riddle.
Right, I'm not seeing the problem?
The example simply mentions a example of the different behaviours of Low Int to Low Wis etc. characters, that is a good example. Your Low Int character is unlikely to realise that weirdly clean spot means something (though personally to me WIS is also common sense so a High Wis character would notice that its 'weird' if nothing else but whatever). That doesn't really imply to me that every Low Int character needs to not realise this, it kinda depends on the character in question and how you imagine him?
Similar to the riddle, a lot of possible characters might simply not know the answer to that riddle.
>>
>>50630868
My tip would be to have a very short campaign first (like 5 sessions or less) to get the hang of it, and then start from a completely clean slate when you know what you're doing. It's too easy to get attached to characters, have to live with uninformed decisions you made when starting to DM, have inconsistent parties, and so on. That kind of shit can be a burden for a longer campaign.

If you want to use a premade adventure, Lost Mines of Phandelver is okay, but in my opinion quite combat-heavy and low on elaboration (due to the limited print space). It also is a bit too long in my opinion. At least what happened to us was that we rushed to start playing it without really planning our characters and in-party bonds - which should not happen, because it makes roleplaying difficult when you don't have a good idea of your character's motivations.
>>
>>50629726
Don't. Play favoured soul sorcerer, sorlock or paladin.
If you really must, you WILL have to multiclass. You WILL have to get PAM. You will also be incredibly MAD, so don't do it without good stats.

Alternatively, take BB + GFB and pact of the tome, get shillelagh. Get agonizing blast and only melee if the situation calls for it.

Alternatively again, do the above, but multiclass for heavy armour. Your melee attacks won't be the best, but they'll exist.
>>
>>50629910
What the fuck made you think SNAILS would drop loot? This isn't a fucking MMO, you don't just get lightning swords flying out of the assholes of any weird-looking creature with a lot of HP. Fuckers don't even have pockets or USE swords.
>>
>>50629440
>Environmental Demon Form
>cast Power Word: Kill
>it dies instantly
Yare yare daze.
>>
File: Strahd.jpg (120KB, 1000x1394px) Image search: [Google]
Strahd.jpg
120KB, 1000x1394px
Alright so storytime, and potential spoilers for Curse of Strahd coming up.

So my group fucked up hard, really hard
>Group pisses off the Hags at the Bonegrinder
>Near TPK, only escapee is my character (LG Fighter/Cleric)
>Hags only don't TPK because they enjoy fucking with us
>By the end of the torture, Rogue is dead, Monk is traumatized, the NPCs Ismarck and Donovich are dead
>They escape, but leave Ireena behind
>My character uses this as an opportunity to start setting fire to the Bonegrinder, run inside and grab Ireena
>Hags still corner me, only managed to escape the burning building thanks to extreme luck
>Book it to the exit of the area, save against 3 Hold Persons, 2 Polymorphs, and an Eyebite (thank fuck for Wis save proficiency)
>As I'm about to escape, take 9 Magic Missiles to the back collapse, but Ireena still escapes to the party
>As I wake up on a torture rack, Hag is being murdered by Strahd in front of me
>Strahd kills me as well, but turns me into a Vampire
>Allows me to return to the party, under orders to keep Ireena protected (since he can't scry on her with the necklace)

So now my character, who was an old man Fighter/Cleric(Arcana) who absolutely despises undead is now a LE vampire. I was given the choice to continue this character, or make a new one, but I'm continuing. He basically got 30 years of age chopped off, was made super hot (because vampire), I got some stat increases (which weren't that OP since I rolled pretty shit except for 18 Wis in the beginning), vampire bite, charm, and my Cleric domain changed to Death.

So, for people who have DMed and played in CoS, how fucked are we? From what I understand I basically have to follow Strahd's orders, and my only saving grace right now is that the only standing order is to protect Ireena. I'm worried for any future encounters with Strahd.
>>
>>50631022
He said they were told their shells were precious
>>
>>50631067
Your DM sounds like a sick puppy so it really doesn't matter, you'd bee fucked regardless of what did or didn't happen.
>>
>>50630746
The difference is that with a variant, you're still keeping most of the fighter's features (Second Wind, Action Surge, Indomitable, its archetypes).

But if you wanna keep it as a separate class, then based on what you posted in the other thread:
Probably find some way to consolidate Commands and Tricks, or at least spread it out so you get one at 1st level and the other at 2nd or 3rd (like sorcery points).

+1d4 to all allies' attack rolls for a minute is too good for what it costs. Maybe have it affect damage rolls and only for weapon attacks instead?

And typically martial classes get improvements to their attacking capability at 11th level (the fighter's Extra Attack, the paladin's Improved Divine Smite, the ranger's Volley/Whirlwind Attack/Bestial Fury/Storm of Claws and Fangs). If you're going for the warlord being a fighty class (like in 4e), then it should probably get something like that. Maybe something that makes it easier to command allies to attack?
>>
>>50631111
In what way? From what I understand CoS is supposed to be really difficult and fuck with you all the way through.

My character fully went into the Bonegrinder expecting to sacrifice myself, I just somehow ended up alive.
>>
>>50630605
I forget backgrounds even exist most of the time. If I do remember, I just take 2 skills of my choice, because whatever the background gives is probably what I already took when choosing which skills to be proficient in.
>>
File: Nithess.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Nithess.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Rate my character
>>
>>50631186
Gay/10
>>
>>50628138
Honestly I think the level 9 and 13 need to be replaced entirely. Everyone should be able to do that stuff.
Level 3 and 17 are top notch though.
>>
>>50631186
Wearing womens' shoes/10
>>
>>50631228
>>50631215
I'm a gril
>>
>>50631228
Those shoes are cute.
>>
>>50631221
Yeah, I guess you can tell I ran out of ideas about what a strong, nasty, dirty-fighting strong thug might do. No magic or fancy shit.
>>
>>50631186
I'd put more into the story than just the bond/flaw/ideal stuff.
>>
>>50631186
It's okay, I guess. More than anything it's just utterly unremarkable. There doesn't seem to be anything unique that differentiates Nithess from any run-of-the-mill Lawful Evil human warlock.

If i were to rate it, my rating would be "not in need of rating or evaluation".
>>
>>50631148
>Commands and tricks
Tricks are essentially cantrips. I can list them under commands but they are a separate feature.
>+1d4 to allies' attack rolls
Is identical to the Bless spell, except bless also improves saving throws and is thus strictly better.
>Fighty class (like in 4e)
The warlord was no more fighty in 4e than a melee cleric. But you have a point - even melee clerics get damage boosts in 5e. How about removing the bonus action requirement from Commander's Strike?
>>
My Divination Wizard has gone through some stuff, and now feels scorned by magic itself. Thinking about making him some kind of Anti-magic type guy. Uses magic to destroy magical things. Specifically magical monsters like Beholders and Mimics. Magic Monster Hunter.

Basically he's becoming Lord Farquaad combined with Anti-mage
>I'm not the monster here, YOU are! You and the rest of that fairytale trash, poisoning my perfect world.
>They who live by the wand shall die by my blade.

Any tips on how to build him in this new direction? I want something mechanical to reflect this new direction for him.

Just hit level 4, so i have an ASI/Feat available.
Between adventures, so I have time to "train" something.

Here are my character's stats.
Str - 8
Dex - 10
Con - 12
Wis - 15
Int - 16
Cha - 13
>>
>>50631186
>>50631306
This.

Unless you're looking for metagaming 'git gud scrub' sort of posts, there's not much to gain unless you want to see if you've done anything wrong.

>>50631470
>fairytale trash
Love it.
You will need counterspell. Abjuration wizard is better at counterspell, but eh.
Countspell is a given for most mages anyway.
Get dispell magic too.
And Magic circle.
Those are all level 3 spells though.
>>
File: Weapons Reworked.png (54KB, 937x931px) Image search: [Google]
Weapons Reworked.png
54KB, 937x931px
>>50627555
A few. All are agreed upon by the players.
>Only Drow, Dorfs, and Tieflings have darkvision. Normal elves already get enough cool shit.
>Homebrew races and class archetypes allowed at my discretion.
>Player-on-player social-based checks (Intimidate, Persuade, ect.) are to be agreed upon by both parties before doing it. If either disagrees, it is to be RPed out.
>Weapons have been re-statted, use those stats (Posted this a few threads ago, good excuse to repost.)
>>
>>50631221
That's exactly what I said the first time it was posted.

>>50631266
Something that increases the archetype's connection to using Strength as its secondary ability, like something related to grappling or shoving.

>>50631336
The reasoning is that while they are currently separate features, they are functionally very similar. Finding a way to make them a single unified feature would save a lot of bookkeeping. In particular, you're thrusting two features with "known" lists on the player at 1st level. There's a reason sorcerers don't get metamagic until 3rd level and warlocks don't get invocations until 2nd.

At 20th level, you can use Bless 22 times per day if you spend all of your spell slots on it, not 20 times per short rest. I didn't say it's too good, I said it's too good for what it costs.

If you have a number of uses of something equal to your level per short rest, then it should be roughly equivalent to a ki point. +1d4 to attack rolls for all allies within 30 feet for up to a minute is quite a bit better than using Dodge as a bonus action.

Alternatively, though, it could be 1 Command to grant +1d4 attack to allies for one round, and you can sustain each subsequent round.

4e leaders were the second-hardiest role on average, and the warlord in particular was built for the front lines. For a 5e warlord, just for the sake of maintaining a rough balance, I'd imagine it akin to a half-caster, but with leadership features instead of spells.

I might even go further. "When you take the Attack action on your turn, you can allow an ally within X feet of you to use their reaction to make a single weapon attack against an enemy of your choice." No bonus action or giving up an attack required.
>>
>>50631470
Prepare Counterspell, Detect, and Dispel Magic.

Unfortunately, I don't think with those stats you can hang in melee even with Shield and so on, so I don't see the Mage Slayer feat being viable.
>>
>>50631186
That image looks like a trainer sprite from a pokemon game/10
>>
File: Weapons.png (13KB, 1185x146px) Image search: [Google]
Weapons.png
13KB, 1185x146px
>>50631530
Flail/War pick is strictly superior to Warhammer/Longsword (come on, no one uses it two-handed)
>>
>>50631530
>>50631609
Oh, look, now every rogue ever will be using a scythe! How wonderful!
>>
Would anyone be interested in some homebrew all about POTIONS?

Mostly the consumption and throwing of them, not creation. Fuck all that subjective pricing / gathering / brewing nonsense.
>>
>>50631621
Sure

I had to homebrew a goblin alchemist PC recently when I ran We Be Goblins (originally a PF adventure), luckily only 1 level though
>>
>>50631494
I have Nystul's Mystic Aura, so no one can detect me via magical means. Was thinking of picking up Protection from Evil/Good to protect me and my allies from those foul magical beings.

I was thinking of getting the Mage Slayer feat, but i dont think it will help me cause it is reliant on melee attacks and i am more of a "summon Flaming Sphere, cast Rope Trick, climb up, and just move around the Sphere."

>>50631558
Need a new feat; Mage Betrayer.

Do you guys think I can mostly achieve this with spells alone? Cause thats what it seems like. Do i really need Warcaster? I mean...yea i get attacked, but i am typically avoiding that shit. Arrakocra, so i just fly and shoot firebolts at people.
>>
>>50631470

If you want to even have a shadow of a chance in melee, you'll need that 15 to be in dex. You best bet to make this character (assuming you can make that change) is:

-Rogue 1

-Abjuration wizard X

-take a second level of rogue, preferably at level 6

That gets you cunning action so you can dip in and out of combat. You won't be a true martial though, so you should be using green flame blade to get the most damage you can, then use your cunning action to disengage or hide.

However if you just wanna chill out as a mage, then straight abjuration wizard will be fine. Take counter spell, and spend most of your slots on that when you fight big creatures.
>>
>>50631609
Longswords can also do two types of damage (Slashing or Piercing) while Warhammers can be thrown. Without this, the shoe would be on the other foot.
>>
>>50631565
Even better, it's from Fire Emblem.
>>
>>50631530
Everything is fine except
>quarterstaff, finesse
Prepare for PAM rogues sneak attacking twice a round.
>no thrown on spear
Eh, fine.
>scimitar, not light
This is good to give an alternative to rapier except in the ultra-specific case of an UA bard that I believe might rely on scimitars. Can't remember.
>heavy, two-handed finesse weapon
Get the fuck out.
>>
File: fuckgiants.png (1MB, 888x636px) Image search: [Google]
fuckgiants.png
1MB, 888x636px
>>50631686
what's wrong with Fire Emblem graphics m8
>>
>>50631266
Extra attack on surprise round?
Something to render enemies prone?
A stunning blow?
A trick attack that grants everyone advantage when performing attacks on your target?
Extra sneak damage on grappled targets?
>>
>>50631704
>not possible, but this thing that doesn't let you do it does it more easily

Firstly, a rogue can sneak attack as many times as they can attack under certain conditions.
Currently, with the tunnel fighter UA, that number is infinite.

I said per round, not per turn.
>>
>>50631704
round != turn
>>
>>50628138
If this is supposed to be a strength-based rogue, it gives you no incentive whatsoever to go strength aside from for a better grapple check, and you already get expertise in grappling.
Barbarogue does it better.
>>
>>50631718
Shit, now I want to play a rogue that grabs you in a dark alley, shanks you a couple times, bashes you over the head, and kicks you while you lay on the ground until you're dead.

>>50631704
They can sneak attack twice (or however many times you can get attacks for) a ROUND, but only once a TURN. You're still right anyway.
>>
Just had a thought.

If you cast Haste on a Rogue, could they attack with their Haste action for a Sneak Attack, then use their normal action to Ready an attack for some easy trigger, then use their reaction to hit and Sneak Attack again?
>>
>>50631792
Strength weapon sneak attack = bonus damage equal to STR? When you end a round and have a creature grappled, deal damage equal to STR?
>>
File: bugbearmont.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
bugbearmont.png
1MB, 1024x768px
>>50631798
Have you heard about our Lord and Savior, Bugbearmont the Battlemaster/Assassin Whipfiend?
>>
>>50631543
>Tricks/commands at different levels
You raise a good point. I'll push tricks to level 2, perhaps.
>Bless 22 times per day
I'm comparing command points to the spell point variant rule. With that variant, you can cast bless >60 times per day. Besides, it's not realistic to assume you'll be casting it more than a couple of times between rests anyway.
>Half caster
No, I specifically want the warlord to be a full caster in the same way as a melee cleric or bard. That's why commands are roughly equivalent to spells those classes get at the same levels, and that's why it has the same hit points and armor as them. Again, in 4e the warlord was a cleric substitute, not a fighter substitute.
>Go even further
I considered things along these lines, but at the end of the day you have to balance the warlord with the rogue. Anything that just lets the rogue get free sneak attacks is precarious at best.

Thanks for the feedback - let me know what you think of my responses. I take everything seriously, but I feel like I should argue against points I don't 100% agree with so we can get to the best endpoint possible.
>>
>>50631814

Yes. It's easier to just take Sentinel and then stand next to your allies though.
>>
File: 1478203934059.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1478203934059.png
1MB, 1024x768px
>>50631829
Praise our Lord
>>
>>50631814
Yes.
>>
>>50631849

That requires a feat though. I ask because one of my parties has a lot of casters, and we've got enough Hastes to cover almost everyone, but I had considered Haste on a Rogue to be kind of a waste before.
>>
>>50631820
It'd be a bit weird to have archetypes that give you even more damage for rogue, but I can understand if you made the sacrifice of going strength instead of dex.

I believe those changes would actually be pretty good. The only danger is those would be perhaps too attractive for a barbarian-rogue multiclass, given a barbarogue has extra attack which means they can grapple and attack and then will get a bonus action to potentially grapple, and they have advantage on their expertised grapple checks.
But, hey, at least it's not +str per attack and instead +str per sneak attack. It's not gamebreakingly bad at all.

What I would suggest is having a feature have some sort of combat/non-combat utility that requires a bit of thought. Thieves can climb faster, assassins get to copy identities, ATs get to mess about with hands... You don't have to replace a feature with it, but you can throw it in as an extra at level 7 or something.
>>
>>50631850
Is that Lord Kencula?
>>
>>50631872

It does, but it has the benefit of always being up. Although your plan works better for a ranged rogue.
>>
>>50631689
>no thrown on spear
That was a mistake, actually.
>Prepare for PAM rogues sneak attacking twice a round.
My player's aren't munchkins, but if they try that I can just say no.
>heavy, two-handed finesse weapon
I might remove the heavy, but it's deendee. Let the Rogue play his grim reaper fantasy.
>tra-specific case of an UA bard that I believe might rely on scimitars
My players don't delve too deep into bard colleges so it's an issue I probably won't have to deal with.
>>
>>50631814
Yes.

Honestly though,the design on rogue is quite clever. If you do that, you can't use your level 5 feature - Uncanny dodge.
>>
>>50631886
Alucaw.
The others are Gob da Nasty, Bugbearmont, and Sssypha Belnadesss.
>>
>>50631829
>>50631850
>bugbearmont
I am 100% invested in this, please tell me more
>>
>>50627555
Casters are able to use two spells per turn, as long as one of them is second level or lower, and is a bonus action. EX) A Sorcerer could cast misty step, then cast fire ball.
>>
>>50631889

Problem with Sentinel though is, if you're standing next to most classes, they'll just attack the Rogue instead. I suppose you could stand next to your casters, but that might put you too far away from the action where you want to skirt around.

>>50631896

That is a very good point though.
>>
>>50631933
This sounds horrible.
>>
>>50631893
The problem is heavy gives GWM fighters the ability to fight effectively with it. They lose +1.5 damage on average compared to a maul, but that's easily counteracted by the fact GWM synergizes best with low damage attacks (If a fighter could halve their damage dice and modifier due to strength but attack twice as often, they'd be having a ball due to that +10 damage added on afterwards)

The deal with the scythe is it's a direct +1 to damage to non-multiclassed rogues who use booming blade or green flame blade, as they have no disadvantage to using a two-handed weapon over a one-handed weapon and would otherwise use a rapier. I mean, it's okay to buff rogues, but BB/GFB rogues probably need neutralizing a bit with respect to normal rogues.

There really isn't much point to finesseing quarterstaves and disallowing a specific combo that would then be viable by RAW, though. Quarterstaves are used by dexterity by monks, used by wisdom by clerics/druids and used by charisma by bards/paladinmulticlasses/warlocks. If anything, say that quarterstaves are finesse if you have a single level in monk, so that rogues looking to use that combo have to take a level of monk.

But, I'm mostly speaking on a 'If these changes were to be made official' basis. Obviously a DM can rule out bullshit they've accidentally created through homebrew.
>>
>>50631814
I think triggering the Ready action eats your reaction though.
>>
>>50631917

Pretty simple. Basic build:

Bugbear, Rogue (assassin) X. Sneak up on someone and sneak attack them from 15ft away for 1d4+dex+(sneak attack)+2d6 on a surprise round. MAke all that a crit if you're an assassin.

If you feel especially cheeky you can throw battlemaster 3 into there for action surge and 20ft attacks with lunging strike. Hang your enemies from the rafters.

>>50631955

Yes, but if you're a melee rogue using your haste plan then that's an issue you face anyways as the enemy has to step into your reach. That issue is only avoidable by a ranged rogue.

Even still though you force the enemy into a bad decision. If they attack your friend you sneak attack them. If they hit you you can uncanny dodge at least one of those attacks to take 1/2 damage, leaving the other damage dealers to wail on them.
>>
File: bugbeartraits.png (249KB, 316x365px) Image search: [Google]
bugbeartraits.png
249KB, 316x365px
>>50631917
Darkvision
Stealth proficiency
15 foot reach attacks with a whip (20 with Lunging Attack)
Work with your DM to allow Pushing Attack to be Pulling Attack instead, since you have a whip

Surprise Attack is +2d6 on your first hit in a surprise round
Pulling Attack is +1d8 from superiority die
Assassin Rogue 3 is +2d6 Sneak Attacks, advantage on attacks against surprised creatures, and auto-crits which doubles all the above die

You hang out in a dark place, whip an enemy from 15 feet away, drag them to you, and deal 2d4+4d6+2d8+4d6+Dex damage. They're probably dead.
You repeat the process because no one noticed their friend get yanked into the fucking shadows and garroted by a giant bugbear. Surprise Attack is available again because if you didn't alert enemies the first time around, this is a "new" combat.
>>
>>50631957
Not that bad all things considered. I like giving my players a little more freedom when playing, so it works out okay. I personally thought the cantrip thing was a little weak.
>>
File: notto.jpg (42KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
notto.jpg
42KB, 680x383px
>>50627555
>Those UA

I can feel the bloat rising.
>>
>>50632038
PHB2 soon fellow stalker
>>
>>50632015
Only if the reaction triggers.

And readying "I sneak attack the X when he turns to run" is better than using reaction for a regular ass opportunity attack.
>>
>>50632034
>tfw no one saved the bugbear ninja contractor greentext
searchable archive when
>>
>>50632038
They will probably release a PHP 2 (not with this name tho) next year, do you think ONE book is bloat?
>>
>>50632058
Hey, if the shit is balanced more options is fine so long as it isn't expensive out the ass.
>>
>>50632073
Good thing they are getting feedback from the UAs
>>
>>50632043
>>50632058
the question is, will it come with a new class??
>>
>>50632087
Mystic, probably

>>50632083
If they listen as much as they did with initial playtesting, it should be pretty legit.
>>
>>50632034
>Vampire Killer
>+2 whip
>2d6 radiant damage to vampires on hit, and its Regeneration is disabled until the start of your next turn
>>
>>50632038
>>50632058
>>50632073
I hope you fucksticks filled in the surveys
>>
>>50632121
Well I haven't tried the classes out that much being relatively new so my opinion really isn't too valid.
>>
>>50632138
I don't think they expect you to play each and every one m80
>>
>>50632087
>the question is, will it come with a new class??
Maybe

>>50632098
>Mystic, probably
I don't think so. It will be probably released in a psionic book, or eberron/dark sun guide, with psionic races too

>>50632098
>If they listen as much as they did with initial playtesting, it should be pretty legit.
There was no playtest for Warlock and Sorcerer, and I didn't like the changes from UA to SCAG that storm sorc got, so I'm a little skeptical

>>50632121
I filled all classes UA already released
>>
>>50629790
You do realise that "bludgeoning damage that counts as magical to overcome resistance" would be the other way of writing "considered a magical weapon that does bludgeoning damage", right?

Considering a lot of monsters have: Resistance - slashing, piercing and bludgeoning not from nonmagical weapons

It's literally getting the same point across in slightly older wording. Stop being fucking autistic
>>
Can a Druid transform into a swarm of rats?
>>
I've got a human paladin, but I'm not sure what oath to take. The game is likely to go up to level 14-15 according to the DM. What are some cool builds for a paladin?
>>
>>50632204
>Can Druid swarm?
No
>>
>>50632058
It's the beginnings of bloat. You were so innocent, 5e. So simple and elegant. Now you're coming out with an archetype that's essentially "eldritch knight, but ranged not melee!"

>>50632121
>implying they'd take no for an answer

>>50632073
More options means a greater risk for imbalance. Period. Even if the stuff is balanced against itself, there's always stuff from previous supplements with which to combine it, and the more stuff you have the more likely that some combination of said stuff is broken. A good DM will know what shit to veto, but you can't count on a system's DMs being good, and even if a DM vetos the broken stuff, the fact that the broken stuff is there will change the tone of the game to one more focused on minmaxing.
>>
>>50632258
It's playtest material. We'll see what actually makes it into books.
>>
>>50629790
>>50629845
>>50632202
"The attack counts as magical."

See: ki-empowered strikes.
>>
>>50632258

This is actually why I kind of like the PHB+1 rule for the AL. It really keeps the power creep and bloat in check, while allowing for a steady increase in variety.
>>
>>50631836
I'm not sure I agree with making the warlord equivalent to a full caster. But it's your call; if you do that, then I take back the thing I said about getting an expanded attack option at 11th level. Also, they should probably learn more Commands than they do--probably comparable to the number of spells the Warlock knows. So they get one per level through 10th level, then one more every other level from 11th to 17th. As it is, they only get two 1-command point commands and one for each point cost above that. If commands are to them what spells are to the cleric, that just ain't enough.

Brief Respite is straight-up better than Inspiring Word, even considering the increased cost, especially at higher levels. 1d6+Cha to all allies within 30 feet vs. 1d4+Cha to one ally is more than twice as good. And once you're past, say, 10th level, and you want to heal a lot of hit points, are you going to go with 4d6+Cha to all allies, or 5d4+Cha to one? The "not enough commands" thing is more pressing than ever here.

More importantly, there's the issue of granting so many hit points with a per-short rest resource--there's a reason warlocks don't get healing spells and the Life cleric's CD is limited.

Something to consider: the warlord has few (if any) features or commands which straightforwardly restore hit points, but it can grant THP out the wazoo. That'd have the added benefit of strengthening the warlord's thematic connection to the battlefield, since that's when THP have the most impact.

>I take everything seriously, but I feel like I should argue against points I don't 100% agree with so we can get to the best endpoint possible.
No worries, I feel ya.
>>
>>50632258
>Now you're coming out with an archetype that's essentially "eldritch knight, but ranged not melee!"
This is just not true, arcane archer has no spell slots, arcane shots works totally different than spells. It's more like a Battlemaster

>It's the beginnings of bloat
Maybe, but WotC is so small and the fact they there still more than one month before they finish every class UA + time to rework based on the feedback
>>
>>50632204
I had a druid talk to me about this.
And I'd totally allow it IF they multiclassed as a GoO warlock and when they changed to a swarm they were linked together as if through a hivemind.
>>
>balancing cones vs. spheres in a grid-based system
kill me now
>>
>>50632343
I typically just rule in the players' favor unless it's blatantly obvious what they're trying to do doesn't work.

Saves time and the players have more fun.
>>
Where the fuck do beholders originate? They seem to have history with illithids, who are from the far realm? But I can't find anything saying beholders are from there too?
>>
>>50632409
Space.
>>
>>50632202
Are you the one wanting feedback? Because you sound like a complete tosser.
>>
>>50629642
Not them. But you sound like a compete fucking tosser.
>>
>>50632409
Just say some nightmare god got cursed with never being able to sleep again and then cut himself into ribbons to end the suffering. From these chunks came beholders.
>>
>>50632409
Blame Helm.
>>
>>50632409
Mind flayers aren't from the far realm. They're us from the future where they've subjugated everything.
>>
>>50632464
Edgy
>>
>>50632317
I wouldn't mind adding more commands to the list of choices, it's just that it's not a very high priority compared to getting the basics down.

As for knowing more, I don't know if it's necessary. Keep in mind that, unlike the warlock and other casters, the warlord's commands tend to be bonus actions or reactions. They are meant to be used in concert with attacks, and you probably end up using fewer of them than a cleric uses spells. This is also why their numerical values are often balanced around bonus action spells (e.g. healing word).

Brief Respite is an action, not a bonus action.

You raise an excellent point about too much healing with a short-rest resource - with sufficient resting, nobody would ever need to spend hit dice. Turning some of the healing into THP would be a good solution, but at the same time I feel like the warlord needs to have regular healing as well. Thoughts?
>>
>>50627582
Even the guy who took lucky?
>>
>>50632482
>They're us from the future where they've subjugated everything.
I don't understand how their society colapsed tho
>>
Does disintegrate remove matter, or simply atomize it?

Cause if it's the former, you could cast disintegrate a fuckton on the earth itself, and eventually cause gravity to decrease?
>>
>>50632234
Well, what's your character concept? Most ideas about the paladin classic are most compatible with the oath of devotion. If you just want to cleave and smite, go with vengeance. If you're thinking of multiclassing, think about what you want to multiclass into before you pick your oath (note: these are all flavor suggestions. poke around in the PHB if you want crunch advice)
>Barbarian: vengeance or ancients
>Bard: ancients
>Cleric: anything really; depends on which god you worship.
>Druid: ancients
>Battlemaster fighter: vengeance
>Eldritch knight fighter: vengeance
>Champion fighter: devotion or vengeance
>Open palm monk: devotion or ancients
>Shadow monk: vengeance
>Elements monk: ancients
>Sun soul monk: devotion
>Ranger: ancients
>Rogue: ??? Your guess is as good as mine here
>Sorcerer: probably vengeance
>Warlock: definitely vengeance, or maybe oathbreaker
>Wizard: anything really.
>>
>>50632483
Considering beholders are the ultimate asshole being combined elements of supreme pride, "just as planned" conniving douche, and actual suffering from being paranoid motherfuckers i'd say it fits.
>>
>>50632510
Elder Brains don't play nice with each other.
>>
>>50632519
>gravity
>in D&D
Magic and the Gods make you stay in the ground,
>>
>>50632538
kill the god of gravity, then
>>
>>50632519
It would be faster to cast Create (or Destroy) Water a whole bunch.
>>
>>50632510
iirc, Something went wrong so they had to send an enclave back through time. It's probably the giths' fault.
The aboleths explicitly hate the mind flayers because the aboleths' perfect memories stretch back through the aeons of time but they have no recollection of the mind flayers.

I'll look through Lords of Madness to find you that information.
>>
Mindflayers:

>Control every thing in the future
>Society goes to shit
>Go back to the past
>Get ass kicked by black elves and grey midgets
>Don't even control their own society, they let the Matrix rules everything

Illithids are a joke
>>
>>50632509
even that guy.
>>
>>50627609
If I cared about those things I wouldn't be playing D&D. I don't get it.
>>
File: beholder1a.jpg (244KB, 951x883px) Image search: [Google]
beholder1a.jpg
244KB, 951x883px
>>50632409
If you had stopped to think about that question for even a moment you would have realized the answer. Beholders originate from me, the most flawless and perfect of all beholders, of course. I of course should not expect you to understand that, as a fundamentally lesser being, anon. Its alright though. I won't take offense this time.

Take this Gazer familiar as a gift and a show of my good graces, you've more than earned it.

I think 3.5's Lords of Madness explains that they're the progeny of an unknowable godlike something out there somewhere. My money is it being on whatever the fuck the Astral Dreadnaught is being dream-traveled-up-by.
>>
>>50632587
>let's try and take over this planet
>we'll start with the Underdark, which is almost entirely populated by magical assholes who resist our powers and can kick the shit out of normal humans
retards
>>
>>50632501
Make regular healing tied to a class feature separate from commands. Maybe something akin to the bard's Song of Rest, even.

>Brief Respite is an action, not a bonus action.
Ah, didn't catch that.

You're sorta squeezing the warlord into an awkward spot. Simultaneously, commands are supposed to rival full casting and yet are also equal to the warlord's base combat abilities. You can see why I thought it might be better to balance it against a half-caster--or the monk's ki, in terms of usage.

If you are committed to full-caster-esque design, then I'm gonna quote the Class Design Variants UA here:
>Bards/clerics/druids/sorcerers/wizards have the full spellcasting progression; any changes to the Spellcasting feature will have a big impact on the class.
If Commands are as fundamental part to the warlord as spells are to the cleric, then figuring them out IS "getting the basics down".
>
>>
>>50632648
It's not their fault that the distance between worlds is smaller deep underground (see also: hades, tuonela)
>>
>>50632578
>I'll look through Lords of Madness to find you that information
For some reason that sounds hilarious to me.
>Mind Flayers eh?
>good question I'll just go consult the LORDS OF MADNESS of that
>>
>>50632587
>>50632648
The mind flayers never asked for that.
>>
>>50632510
>I don't understand how their society colapsed tho
Spent too much time having degenerate sex with their mind-controlled fuckpuppets to actually notice the rebellions brewing.
>>
File: pilki.jpg (20KB, 300x399px) Image search: [Google]
pilki.jpg
20KB, 300x399px
The beloved of Lurue are forest-living maidens who forever forswear mortal love to follow the unicorn deity Lurue, forming a close bond with unicorns. The beloved of Lurue come from all walks of life, but share two major characteristics: all are campions of good, and all are mortal women who have forsworn mortal men. Most often they were exalted rangers or druids, given those classes' inborn affinity to nature, but paladins and even fighters have also been known to take this class. Though there are no racial restrictions, most beloved of Lurue are humans, elves, and half-elves. Beloved of Lurue are solitary and shun civilization. They create for themselves a forest refuge and maintain few contacts with the outside world. The beloved's chastity and goodness are intertwined with her very being. Should a beloved of Lurue ever willingly sleep with a mortal, the unicorn will leave her without regret. (It should be noted that the Book of Exalted Deeds does not mention the consequences of sex with an immortal or deity, nor does it require the character to be a virgin when taking this class.)
>>
>>50632741
Kek, it's a great title for a great book.
>>
I still don't get why the illithilich has such a higher CR over the elder brain. Wizards lost the plot with that one.
CR 22 > 14, that's some shit right there.
>>
>>50632813
one more point for the list >>50632587

>Got kicked by their own slaves
>>
>>50627618
I am doing this exact build. Though I was kinda forced into playing a Dragonborne I am still enjoying it.
>>
>>50632890
How did that happen?
>>
>>50632943
Tiamat went back in time, grew a dick, and fucked the Paladin's mother so he was retroactively born a dragonman.
>>
>>50632943
Dragonborne are rare and special in the DMs campaign. He wanted someone to play one for story reasons and I volunteered. I really wasn't forced but I wouldn't have chose it normally for optimization reasons.
>>
>>50629039
I've used pdf related for all my 5e campaigns. Back in 3.5, crits in my games did maximum damage plus another roll of the dice.
>>
>>50632973
classic tiamat
>>
>>50632741
"Of all questions surrounding illithids, “Where did they come from?” is the most mysterious. For an answer to this riddle, scholars are limited to scraps of clues from a handful of ancient texts. The clearest reference is found in The Planetreader’s Primer, a book of primeval knowledge published (reputedly) in the great city at the center of all, Sigil. It speaks in certain terms of an illithid empire that spanned worlds in a time predating memory. So mighty was this empire that its expansion threatened to consume even the eternal Blood War before it was turned back.
The Astromundi Chronicles, a text of ancient yet unknown origin, speaks of the illithids as “a race of monstrous spawn, hidden beneath the world by their progenitors.” No clue is given as to the identity of these progenitors. The text suggests that the illithids hated their creators with such passion that they lashed out against them and destroyed them utterly, leaving no trace of their existence for the modern scholar to examine.
The most archaic of all sources is a set of stone tablets known as the Sargonne Prophecies, named for the city of disturbing ruins called Sargonne. The crumbling tablets contain passages so cryptic that they have been interpreted as prophecies rather than as history. Each bears a central likeness of what is unmistakably a mind flayer. The inscribed runes present a troubling aspect to the observer. They tell of an illithid world “bathed in eternal night” that is destroyed by some fiery cataclysm, from which the illithids flee in flying ships."

I fucking love this fluff.
>>
>>50633015
"From these fragmentary glimpses into the dim past and the oral histories of several long-lived races, scholars have concocted the following “history” of the illithid race.
Its origin is simply unknown. Wherever they came from, in time so ancient that no record of it exists, illithids ruled a vast, worlds-spanning empire.
This empire, built on a foundation of slavery and domination over whatever other races existed at that time, dwarfed everything that has come since. At some point, certain of those enslaved races developed a degree of resistance to the
psychic shackles of the illithids. When they had gathered sufficient power, the slaves revolted. How it was done no one can say, but the slaves succeeded in toppling their masters and winning free. The age that followed was one of unrelenting revenge as desperate pockets of illithids were hunted and exterminated.
The freed slaves were not free of strife, and they fell to warring among themselves. This had two effects. First, the feuding branches of ex-slaves became what are now known as the githyanki and the githzerai, who make war on each other
to this day. Second, the illithids that eluded their vengeance were able to regroup and escape to defensible fortresses deep underground, where the gith races chose not to pursue them.
This account is basically true in its outline but is flawed in one astounding respect. While the rebellion of the gith did indeed take place in the past—about two thousand years ago, to be precise—their mind flayer masters had themselves just arrived in that era from the unimaginable future."
>>
>>50633015
>>50633028
"At the very end of time, the mind flayers faced extinction at the hands of some unknown adversary. Caught in the throes of defeat, harried in their crumbling capitals and universities (lesser outposts had fallen eons before), the surviving illithids concocted a desperate plan. As their last bastions were assailed and their psychic defenses breached, the mind flayers sacrificed countless ancient, potent elder brains to produce a psionic maelstrom of unimaginable proportions. The ensuing cacophony of energy demolished the very laws that support the structure of time. The illithids and all that remained of their decadent civilization were hurled backward across the ravaged barriers separating the ages to arrive in the present world, but thousands of years ago, as recorded in the Sargonne Prophecies.
The illithids’ staggering gamble paid off. Upon arriving in the human world of several thousand years past, they quickly enslaved the humanoid race known as the gith, seeking to reestablish their empire in their new age. After centuries of
servitude, the gith successfully rebelled against the mind fl ayers. Much of the knowledge and wondrous magic brought to the distant past from the illithid empire at the end of time was destroyed in this rebellion, and for long years the mind flayers were scattered and disorganized in its wake.
While the rebellion of the gith was a great catastrophe, the mind flayers are a patient race. They need only wait in the darkness darkness, planning, correcting foreseen mistakes, and gathering strength for the time when they return to ascendance.
In the impossibly far future, when stars are reduced to pale, red cinders flickering coldly over somnolent worlds, the illithids will rise from their subterranean dens to face the languid twilight and establish once more the empire they lost.
They will be stronger, crueler, and hungrier than ever, and all hope will die."
>>
>>50627555
Speed Factor Initiative Variant

I like how it strikes a balance for metagaming. I'll describe what all the NPCs look like what they're about to do, I let the players all talk about what they're about to do then declare what they're doing on their turn, and we roll to see how it all plays out.
>>
>>50632983
I feel like this makes rogues and paladins stronger
>>
File: Map(1).jpg (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Map(1).jpg
1MB, 1024x768px
Just ran a relatively good 7 / 8 player game /tg/, thanks for your help

Highlights:
> Wild sorcerer is now a spectral elk.
> Party has caused a massive avalanche to crush a bandit camp (award 1/2 xp for this?)
> Paladin left sulking outside while graves were defiled, party forgot to take loot after killing guardians
> Paladin tells me after she knew and let them
> A lady's tongue was cut out during messy intimidations, cleric healed it back on
> Party bursts into tiny mud-and-pig village, buys out the shitty tavern's ale supply and then defends the village from hobgoblins in a rooftop / sneaking in bushes / whispering insults through keyholes extravaganza

Bretty fun desusenpaifam
>>
>>50632980
>optimization reasons
Fuck you, I'm glad you switched
>>
Wizard 20th doesn't seem that great. Why shouldn't I put my first level into Figther and wear heavy armor and a shield?
>>
>>50633121
You should, because you'll probably never get to level 20 anyway
>>
I want to print 1 inch grid paper to be used for D&D with miniatures. Where could I find a proper picture/file?
>>
>>50633183
http://www.math.kent.edu/~white/graphpaper/
>>
What splatbook/unearthed arcana has extra backgrounds?
>>
>>50633121
Extra 7th slot and you'll probably have a magic robe at 20th anyway
>>
>>50633121
> 20 level meme
I have never seen a campaign continue until level 20. For that matter, none of the official adventures go until level 20 either.
>>
>>50633201
Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide.
>>
>>50633199
>http://www.math.kent.edu/~white/graphpaper/
I like it, but there is a space between the border of the page and the grids
>>
>>50633093
Which, the pdf or the 3.5 rule? and how do you think so?
>>
>>50633225
Nice.
Is there any place (even homebrew) a decent Dungeoneer / Tomb raider / Dungeon explorer background?
>>
>>50633269
Investigation or History
Athletics

Proficiency with mapping tools.

Feature: can move full speed while mapping dungeons.

Boom. Look through sage, criminal, and outlander for traits, flaws, etc.
>>
>>50633320
Thanks, looks neat
>>
>>50633093
>>50633240
The PDF.

Because when you're already rolling 3 or 4 dice for your attack, "deal the maximum result plus your roll" and "deal twice the maximum result" becomes pretty big
>>
>>50633269
Yes, it's called imagination.
Slap together two skills, one tool proficiency and some rp-based feature your DM is okay with.
>>
>>50633333

Yeah, I've always justified it by saying that rogues in particular can exploit advantageous situations far more than other classes, and paladins were blessed in that moment or some shit. Fighters attack so much more often, and all magic classes get their own tables with cool effects, so it works out in the end.
>>
>people use backgrounds

I had no idea
>>
>>50633333
>>50633398
Also, digits checked
>>
>>50633405
Does your group just pick 2 extra skills and justify them via backstory?
>>
>>50627849
Jokes on you I already fucking did that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IEbfDtDaUc

It makes sense if you know the plot of NiER.
>>
>>50633405
>They give you skills and tool proficiencies.
>I had no idea
>>
>>50633435
Yeah that's what it is pretty much

>>50633450
Do you roll on tables for personality traits and such?
>>
>>50627849
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hbk5WJOdeuE

Warlock who made a deal for power. Man that was hard!
>>
>>50633517
No you pick what fits your character or make up better suited ones, duh
>>
>>50633580
>No you pick what fits your character or make up better suited ones, duh

Ok good, just checking anon
>>
>>50632983
Hmm, seems interesting thought a part of me wonders how I can use these tables for spells that auto hit. Should it be by how much the target fails its save or by how much damage the spell does? Because there is no reason why a full 48 damage fireball wouldn't get a roll on that thunder crit table.
>>
File: nicesatan.jpg (49KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
nicesatan.jpg
49KB, 600x450px
>>50627849
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMJdGTOoNaw
Well, that was easy.
>>
It's really sad you guys don't ever hit level 20 in your games.

What would fix this? Being more generous with XP/leveling?

I usually go 1-2 sessions before awarding a level up. No one I DM for has ever really wanted to keep playing the same character for an entire real life year. If that's you though, more power to you.

I find letting players level up makes them more eager to jump back into the game next session to try their new stuff. And lets me as a DM constantly ramp up the game more powerful monsters/enemies/situations so that I don't get bored.
>>
File: hotdq.jpg (729KB, 3694x1098px) Image search: [Google]
hotdq.jpg
729KB, 3694x1098px
>>50627603
>>50629084
Talking of Dragonborn.

I was reading through HotDQ and found this line.

Made me think about how objectively every average peasant and commoner in the world is going to massively racist and fearful of all non-human races. With the possible exception of Dwarves/Halflings.

>Half-Orcs = Rape Babies
>Tieflings = Literally sold their collective souls and have demonic features
>Dragonborn = Degenerate furkin. Also Dragons are bad
>Elves = Aloof, unconcerned, at worst genocidal to non-elves
>Half-elves = Rape babies
>>
>>50633633
>What would fix this?
We don't even want to. The game breaks by then and not everyone wants to be fighting Superman and fucking multidimensional angels all the time
>>
>>50633517
I don't roll, I have a backstory written and a personality set.
I would only roll if I didn't have time to fully create a character, or for one shots.
>>
>>50633660
That's fair enough. Just depends on the kinds of games people want to run. I just often hear a lot of players upset they never get past level 11.

And then you always have people theory crafting around level 20 builds.

I understand a lot of magic "breaks the game." But I just size that up depending on the party and how they like to go about things. The DMs job is to provide challenge, is it not? If those spells exist in universe, surely there are super villains with the means to deal with them.

I don't think multidimensional angels need to be the threat per se. There's plenty of fun that can be had reflavoring gigantic creatures like ancient dragons, kraken, tarrasques, etc.
>>
What is the point of strength/athletics checks with DCs under 20 to open stuck doors, lift heavy things, etc...? Most of the time you'll eventually succeed.
>>
Soon gonna level up to 8 with my war cleric.
I got a +2 long sword (homebrew variant of the sunblade to be more precise), the lucky feat and full plate (reducing my speed to 25 instead of 35).

I got 13 strength and 16 wisdom right now.

Where should I put my stats?
15 strength would give me +2 strength modifier (I will be fighting with my sword a lot) and reduce the speed penalty from my plate armor.

18 in wisdom would give me 1 extra attack per long rest and increase my casting ability, not to mention all the great wisdom abilities(of which I am proficient in all but survival).

I am currently leaning towards the wisdom, but I am not sure how valuable the speed and +1 to all my attacks are.
>>
File: 1420117128347.jpg (51KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1420117128347.jpg
51KB, 360x360px
If nobody gets to 20th level, then why is there a 20th level
>>
>>50633789
but sometimes you need to succeed NOW, such as lifting that manhole cover and jumping into the sewers before the guards catch you. Or busting down that door and rescuing the princess before the building explodes
>>
>>50633633
High level D&D has such an absurd power curve thanks to Wizards, Clerics, etc., that you have to drastically change encounters to not be broken into a thousand tiny pieces by them. And we're not just talking about combat encounters (though that's a big one: you can't really have "bandits are fucking with a town" when you're level 20), but any kind of social interaction, environmental puzzle, or time constraint.

This is mostly a problem with spells, though. Class and archetype features don't really break the game in this way. Thus, a good way to keep things at a lower "power level" but continuing to give players (mostly) full access to their goodies and experience the "end" of their class is to simply condense the levels over which features are gained.

It's easy. Whenever a feature (THAT ISN'T SPELL PROGRESSION) says it's gained or improves at X level, you halve that number, or maybe halve it +1 or +2 or whatever works for you. You might have to fiddle with Sneak Attacks, ban multiclassing, or whatever, but at least now you can have the same game that runs to about level 8 or 10 if you're lucky, but the Fighter gets to swing three times (the whole point of the goddamn class), the Monk can actually turn invisible and Astral Project, the Barbarian has 24 Strength, the Dragon Sorcerer has his fucking wings, and so on.
>>
>>50633820
To make you feel bad you never get there
>>
>>50633820
To trick martials into thinking their classes are balanced.
>don't worry Johnny Fighter, I might be flying around, stopping time, turning into a dragon, and raising an unlimited army of clones from within my invisible extradimensional tower, but you'll get four attacks per round eventually :D :D :D
>>
>>50633820
Max level should be 12
>>
>>50633789
If you can just sit there and keep rolling and failure is not meaningful, don't even bother rolling. Just wastes everybody's time. Ya break the door down, now get on with it.
>>
>>50633859
It isn't a competition stupido
>>
>>50633882
>posted from the shoulders of my teammates as I drink Gatorade from the championship trophy and eye the cheerleaders lining up to hand out blowjobs
>>
File: coffeesurprise.jpg (54KB, 234x235px) Image search: [Google]
coffeesurprise.jpg
54KB, 234x235px
>>50633333
>rolling 3
>>
So I'm looking to make my own legendary magical weapons for the level 20 players in one of my campaigns. I already have an idea of what I want them to do, but does anyone have experience doing this and any advice regarding what to avoid?
>>
>>50633882
No, its a stage and nobody wants one actor hogging the spot light for the entire damn show. We came into the play expecting to be equals then by the end of the first act i'm lucky to even stay in your damn shadow.
>>
>>50633940
That's a problem with the players, not the game desu
>>
>>50633825
I don't know. So much of what seems broken on paper rarely is for me when I DM. Now it's worth mentioning that my campaigns are homebrew.
>>
>>50633950
a game can be flawed too
>>
>>50633950
When the game puts those players specifically on the mark with the light shining on them then just expects them to ad-lib their way off, the game has flaws.
>>
>>50633927
Avoid going completely off the rails with stuff like this. Start from source material an all that at first before you make stuff up off the fly. I would check out the artifact crafting guide in the DMG and base things off of that.
>>
>>50633820
I've made it. It's alright.
>>
>>50633658
Actually fun fact, according to Volo's Orcs generally mate only with equally powerful partners to promote strong leaders. Since Half-Orcs have and do have a strong chance of gaining powerful places in an Orcish tribe, it's important to mate with the strong.
>>
What if some of the crazy 7th, 8th, and 9th level spells were removed and casters just gained more spells of the lower caliber.

Then these "epic" level spells could be gained similar to how a fighter might come across a legendary sword. Journeying to unlock the mysteries of a powerful spell would be a great reward and the party would feel like they gained it for the benefit of the group, and the spellcaster would be indebted to their party (if the spellcaster isn't evil and doesn't decide to use the new power against his comrades).
>>
Reminder that if you're playing a caster, and you're not rolling for starting stats, any feats other than Resilient and War Caster might as well not exist
>>
>>50634165
>Since Half-Orcs have and do have a strong chance of gaining powerful places in an Orcish tribe, it's important to mate with the strong.
>Implying they aren't hated by both Orcs and Humans

Rape babies.
>>
>>50633940
Some of my friends wanted to play a high level campaign. The DM started us at 14, and I broke my tradition of mostly playing Rogues or Fighters to snag the Wizard right off the bat.

We're level 16 and it's time to infiltrate this tower and fuck with some lieutenant of the BBEG. Everyone's getting ready to do their shit. The Barbarian wants me to make him Invisible, then he'll jump the chasm with the Rogue in a Bag of Holding, and they're planning on climbing up and doing some ninja shit to lower the drawbridge so we can all storm the castle and take the guards and occupants unaware.

So while we're all hiding in bushes and discussing our plans, I start passing notes to the DM.
Cast Invisibility on myself.
Start Mold Earthing the ground on our side of the chasm where the drawbridge would land.
Dimension Door inside the tower and sit on my ass rubbing magical goop onto the bottom of the drawbridge for like half an hour.
Party is ready to go with their plan, but the DM says I'm no longer with them.
Locate the controls to the drawbridge.
Arcane Lock myself in the room and begin operating it.
Party finally sees the drawbridge come down and they're thinking the enemy is coming out to fight, they charge over.
But there's a gap where the cliff has fallen away and the drawbridge is being held up just by its chains and furniture I've put against the flywheel.
Guards try to break into the room but can't, and sortie onto the bridge to confront the party.
I release the bridge and it keeps going. A portion of the bottom section of the bridge has been transmuted to copper, so now that the chains aren't holding it up and it flops over, the stress causes the whole thing to bend and fall into the chasm, taking all the baddies with them.
Then I walk up to the top of the tower while all the guards rush past to deal with this shit down below.
Dominate Monster the boss, control him into jumping right off the roof.
Fly back to party and get shot by enemy arrow
>>
How do I make the most OP character?

I'm playing with a bunch of actual idiots and I want to low-key make sure we make it through the campaign.
>>
>>50634277
>Implying they aren't hated by both Orcs and Humans
Pussy ass "civilized" half orcs are hated by orcs.
Tryhard half orcs that act twice as brutal to fit in with their Orc tribe are hated by humans.

The fact there's both means there's a mistrust of them among both parties.
>>
>>50634305

What level are you going to? That alters what the 'most broken build' is a lot. Can't really go wrong with a divination wizard with lucky.
>>
>>50634306
As far as I'm concerned, all the half breeds and untermensch like goblin PCs should be looked down upon by the native peasantry. At least until they prove they're not evil baby eaters or whatever.

Doesn't hurt if they're background levels of racist against the humans and elves too, who are almost certainly "not from these parts". Cities would be more accepting.
>>
>>50627849
Does a GOOlock Patron count?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o34uAj6lmXw
>>
>>50634284
Your party didn't ask where their invisible wizard was going or what he was doing?
They didn't see you molding the earth?
The tower didn't have lookouts seeing you doing all that on the other side of the bridge?
No one was in the tower?

Shit DM or even shittier BBEG.
>>
Campaign starts tomorrow, I'll play a lizardfolk druid of twilight, the rest of the group is:

>Ranger (Beastmaster)
>Fighter
>Barbarian

Any tips? First time playing druid
>>
>>50634417
What level are you starting at?
Regardless, nab a healing word and save a slot in case anyone goes down.
I don't remember all of the intricacies of that new UA though I still like playing a druid. You've got a lot of versatility, but from the looks of the party you'll probably want to focus on support.
>>
JoJo's bizarre adventure is the best thing that ever happened to my dming. This show is like a treatise on how to run a fun adventure.
>>
>>50634461

The show hasn't even hit the REALLY trippy stuff yet, just wait for when you get lessons on running an acid trip campaign in Stone Ocean onwards.
>>
>>50634376
>guy who hasn't been part of the conversation because he's reading all his spell rules just ups and disappears and everyone's supposed to notice
>"hey DM where is our wizard"
>you cannot see him
>implying the guards could do anything about an invisible wizard who walks up to the edge of the cliff, teleports across, and then hangs out flush against the tower while mold earthing the opposite side
>implying you could see the edge of a cliff you're not currently near eroding from behind some trees and bushes more than a hundred feet away or that tower guards would do anything about this either
>implying the guards can do anything against a re-invised Wizard softshoeing around inside
>double implying they're going to notice the invisible Wizard up against the wall as they all rush downstairs after the drawbridge has fucking fallen into a chasm
>>
>>50634452
>What level are you starting at?
1, but DM said we will level up fast in the beginning

>You've got a lot of versatility, but from the looks of the party you'll probably want to focus on support.

Any suggestion for spells other than healing word? Entangle seems good, but there was never a druid at my table so I don't what is good in practice
>>
Would you play in a group of mind flayers working towards the Greater Evil?
>>
>>50634497
You do still have to make hide checks while invisible. If you blindly dimension doored in, it's quite possible the guards would have heard your wizard stumbling about.
>>
>>50634526
>implying mind flayers would ever works towards making anything but themselves more powerful
>>
>>50634497
whatever you need to do to justify it man

The only reason you're able to do any of this shit is because the DM lets you.
In universe if any of the magic your able to do exists, and your villain is supposed to pose even a halfway decent threat to you, there are ways to deal with wizard fuckery.

It's the DMs fault assuming you're running a homebrew game.
>>
>>50633751

The only "past eleven" campaign I have ever seen is the one in critical role, and I kinda have a tough time thinking of else I could go around doing it
>>
>>50633621
I was considering rolling on it for crit failed saving throws
>>
>>50634573
Heresy detected.

They're a collective, each mind flayer is a strand of neurons within their elder brain.
>>
>>50634506
The best part about being a druid or cleric is that you don't need to worry so much about spell selection, as you can repick which ones you want after the next long rest.

Pick the ones you think you will like and/or get some use out of in the current circumstance. If you find a spell to be underwhelming, replace it. If you end up never using a spell, replace it. Of course, as soon as you replace a spell that's when you need it the most.

But seriously, an AoE spell like ice knife or thunderwave might not be so bad if you're anticipating he throws something like goblins at you. Be careful if you've got a new-ish DM though.

I once was "over effective" in my spell selection as a low level wizard and my DM thought I was too powerful. He promptly over corrected and gave us a TPK next session.

You'll probably be fine.
>>
>>50634479
I can't wait.

Now I just have to figure out how to make my players as clever as Jojo characters are.
>>
Is there anything like vine serpents from 4e in 5e?
>>
>>50634556
A bunch of bum guards and their passive Perception against a level 16 PC's (trained) Stealth checks, when said PC is an invisible faggot with high Dex in nothing but a robe and some soft slippers.

>>50634606
>it's time to infiltrate this tower and fuck with some lieutenant of the BBEG
I like to think the BBEG (who wasn't even a caster himself, but a warlord with command of a large army) doesn't go around jackass-proofing everything he owns on the off chance the Meddling Adventurers decide to stay home so one guy who can teleport and turn invisible can solve every dilemma. When the biggest thorn in your side has been three guys stabbing everyone in the face while screaming like unholy banshees and one dress-wearing clown throwing lightning, are you really expecting Sam Wizzer: Splinter Cell
>>
>>50634683

When in doubt, you can always have the villains drop hints through villainous monologues.
>>
File: stealthwizard.png (2MB, 900x1080px) Image search: [Google]
stealthwizard.png
2MB, 900x1080px
>>50634706
>Sam Wizzer: Splinter Cell
>>
>>50634612
You can take note of critical role and how their current situation is a continental (maybe even global?) threat.

Giving players an idea of the scale of their actions can give them a sense of "danger if they fuck up" that can be as good as actual danger to their characters.

Depends a lot on the group though. As does most everything. If you've got a really good DM, they can take almost anything a cheeky spellcaster might throw at them. If your DM isn't so confident, a simple discussion about respecting the narrative and other players' fun (if that's what you're going for) can go a long way in curbing players trying to break things.

My group is a bunch of close friends. With randoms or people you might run into at a gaming store I'm sure the experiences are wildly different.
>>
>>50634461
>Anime hasn't even gotten to IT JUST WERKS or hypno snails yet
You ain't seen shit.
>>
>>50634305
Read Treatmonk's guide to wizard.
>>
File: 567-3-1421070312.jpg (470KB, 1204x826px) Image search: [Google]
567-3-1421070312.jpg
470KB, 1204x826px
Is there any way to be effective with a Lance on foot in 5e?

I'll probably just refluff a Glaive/Halberd/Pike and say it's a lance since why not have a 4th statistically identical weapon.
>>
>>50634769

YoYo Ma, RAINBOWS, Moonwalker, Soft and Wet, everything in Steel Ball Run... I look forward to seeing the people who got into JoJo with the anime react in confusion and wonder when the drugs kick in.
>>
>>50634706
Perhaps not, but if he's really such a great warlord why does he not have powerful wizards by his side. Especially if casters are so supreme?

Really, it's just up to your DM to provide a challenge. If they don't, and you're all cool with it. That's fine. And it's perfectly fine to allow the wizard to have their time to shine if most of the game is standard battles. It's only when things become one sided the DM needs to step up if people aren't having fun or someone is outshining the rest.
>>
File: radical.png (1MB, 811x667px) Image search: [Google]
radical.png
1MB, 811x667px
>>50634769
>tfw I'm pretty sure I can convince my DM to let me use ki to static-cling a bunch of leaves into a broad surfboard and slow fall my way through the skies like a cloudsurfer
>>
>>50634829
The whole thing was a petty way to win an argument about casters being bullshit with my friends who generally play them. After having to sit out an entire encounter and watch as one guy ran all over it, I said "now you know my pain" and promptly let the Wizard fall into the cliff after that arrow broke his concentration instead of feather falling or misty stepping to safety.
rolled a cleric and did other stupid shit
>>
NEW BREAD WHEN
>>
>>50634861
Sounds like fun.
I'd just have a conversation with your DM if you feel like they really are bullshit. Using the in-universe argument again, discuss why there would likely be enemy spellcasters to deal with.
Spellcasters vs spellcasters are fun times.

Still, my opinion is that so long as everyone is having a good time nothing really needs to change, right?

If I were your DM, in that current situation, had I had a wizard PC do all that, and I allowed it, I would follow it up with the BBEG specifically preparing against those types of shenanigans. Since one of his lieutenants just got supremely fucked by one guy in a dress.
>>
If I move moonbean, will it deal damage? Or it only works when someone moves voluntarily inside it?
>>
>>50634972
Seems to me from the wording a creature will only take the damage when it starts its turn there, or moves into it.

So you can move it, but then you have to wait until they go. Meaning, if you lose concentration between your turn and theirs, then it will disappear and they won't take damage.
>>
>>50634972
The "enters this space for the first time on a turn" there is to cover creatures that walk through it. Like all other spells that specify something when a creature "starts its turn there", you moving it onto them during your turn doesn't do shit until the creature in question is up to act.

So no, no swiping Moonbeam through every creature in range on your turn and dealing damage to all of them.
>>
>>50635009
But it deals damage in the start of the enemy turn if the enemy is inside?
>>
>>50635065
Yes. "If it starts it turn there"
>>
>>50635133
check the trove nigga
>>
>>50635146
Yeah I found it. Thanks.
>>
What would be a decent ki requirement for a Way of the Four elements monk to cast an investiture of X spell?

Seems obvious to me Wot4e should have been given more options alongside EE. What the fuck, wizards?
>>
NEW THREAD

>>50635243
>>50635243
>>50635243
>>50635243
>>
>>50634815
Doesn't work for me senpai, it's a long unwieldy bit of wood meant to be rammed into armoured men at high speed. Unless your speed is somewhere >40ft and you have a runup (using all your movement up whatever distance) then attack.

Other than that you've got a quarterstaff at best.
>>
>>50632121
I didn't know there were surveys and now I feel bad.
>>
>>50632034
jesus fucking christ

i was going to be a yuan-ti for my next character, but this sounds very enticing
>>
>>50632027
>>50632034
wait wait wait

the whip cracking would be too loud to do again
Thread posts: 397
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.