[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Malifaux General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 25

File: Malifaux-Art-1.jpg (280KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
Malifaux-Art-1.jpg
280KB, 1600x1067px
Why is there no General Edition?

>Books
Malifaux (Including Ripples of Fate): https://mega.nz/#F!cg00BCoD!mDHocpgWP_hkkM3CpCBwrQ

Through the Breach (Complete): https://mega.nz/#F!Z9sVSYTS!U2J243KhVsUuOqAnsqTj4A

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models
Book 4 - Entirely new models

Discord voice chat for malifaux chat and memery: https://discord.gg/xWkuFRz

Through the Breach Fated Almanac - Basic rules for the RPG set in Malifaux
Through the Breach Fatemaster Almanac - GM stuff for the RPG

>What is Malifaux?
Malifaux is a 32mm Skirmish Tabletop game, with a focus on completing several different objectives, while denying your opponent their objectives

New Gaining Grounds Tournament Rules: http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/114900-gaining-grounds-2016/

Link to the Previous: >>50394158
>>
Ill ask here.

Are the story boxes worth getting?

Outside of the models mind you. Also, why in the hell did they not make Luther an alt teddy. They both do practically the same thing fluff wise (swallow people whole)
>>
Is there any way to regain soul stones in game?
>>
>>50627956

I know that some people take Silurids for Zoraida, I don't know if the encounter is any good though, also Ashes and Dust if you're an Outcast player is also really good

Luther is a scenario specific encounter so I guess they wanted to make it more unique
>>
>>50627956
Transmortis has a solo scenario but I've never played it. We don't do many story encounters locally.

Speaking of Story Encounters, I'm running a Christmas themed event next week with all story encounters. Any suggestions on a nice themed "ringer" crew if we have an odd number?

>>50627987
Misaki can steal them, so can Parker. Recharge Soulstone is an Arcanist upgrade that gives you rocks from things dying. There's probably more but they're not terribly common.
>>
>>50628107
what are you looking for out of a "ringer theme?" The easiest way of setting a theme is to model them in accordance with said themes with a matching paint scheme. During Halloween for instance I got a 'Dora box and painted the 'giest and Sorrows a white blue to be be ghosts for an encounter
>>
Is there a place to get customeeple tokens in the US?
>>
>>50628304
You better watch out
You better not cry
Your luck's run out I'm telling you why
Jacky Daw is coming to town

He sees you when you're sleeping
He knows all you have done
He's coming here to get you
You can't fight and you can't run

Oh, it won't help you to scream
It won't help you to move
You're better of dead
There's nothing you can do

Jacky Daw is coming to town
>>
>>50627956
I'm also interested in the story encounters - Creative Taxidermy looks pretty cool, and the Red Jokers podcast did a review of it where it sounded potentially hilarious, if a little janky in places.

As fro why Luther's not a Teddy - I assume for Leap, since he's a hare?

>>50628064
Where do Zoraida or Silurids come into it?

>>50628107
Theme - Hodgepodge Emissary as Santa, with metric shit-tons of Bayou Elves and Wild/Stuffed/War Reindeer.
Go for maximum randomness in unit choice, and model some clearly crap roped-on antlers for all your pigs, roosters and boar.
>>
>>50628827
Have little bulbs on the ropes around Daw and the hanged for extra fun
>>
Speaking of my story event, I'm doing some homebrew scenarios.

I haven't decided on them but I have a couple ideas.

There's the Grinch theme:
-corner deployment, 4 houses in the middle of each quadrant, interact with a house to bury and unbury next turn carrying a present, bring them to the center
-sing in the middle of town to lure the Grinch in then jump him to get the presents
-free for all enforcer brawl with random items taken from the Grinch's bag

Christmas song theme:
-Give Frosty the magic hat to take control of him, opponent can interact with Frosty to remove the hat
-Rudolph game with minimal visibility until you find the titular reindeer then he lights up the area
-Catch Santa's sleigh and grab presents to beat your opponent

There's also a random office party with a secret santa and shindig rules where controlling the most presents wins.
>>
>>50628951
Make Storm look like Krampus and pair him with Luther to be the Easter Bunny
>>
File: soon.jpg (166KB, 514x474px) Image search: [Google]
soon.jpg
166KB, 514x474px
>>50628827
>>
I guess I have to get Tara now and start outcasts since I got Miss Terious from my zipp box. What things will I need to play her?
>>
>>50628304
Drop name
>>
>>50631590
Killjoy, some summons for karina, bishop, johan, sue, and hannah
>>
>>50631590
Pretty much this >>50631870

If you go Resser: Izamu, bete, Belles/Nurses, Forgotten Marshal
>>
Asked something similar in the not!malifaux general thread

What mtg colour(s) would parker be?
>>
First time actually assembling my own minis. I'm doing the Sky Pirates.
And Holy shit the Mosquitos are a pain in the ass to assemble. Im betting they will also be the worst to paint, or maybe Zipp cause idk what or how to paint the smoke.
>>
>>50633367
Red. He's doing it for the thrill of the experience
>>
>>50633687
I mean mechnically more than anything. His playstyle doesn't seem straight red to me
>>
>>50633479
Iron Skeeters are nothing compared to Somer's skeeters, each leg was seperate
>>
>>50633845
That goes into the same slot no less
>>
Anybody have the Gremlin expansion pdf for TTB?
>>
>>50633845
I had no idea sommers has Skeeters, This is my first grem faction, my dad used to put my other figures back when they were metal together for me and paint them, but now im on my own and paranoid about messing up.

And suggestion for the Smoke from jetpack paint wise? I am tempted to just throw white paint and then a brown was on it.
>>
Where can I obtain an original Jack Daw model? I don't like the pose of the plastic one but nothing seems to have the metal one available.
>>
Man, I just realized, there's a lot of girl masters in this game
>>
>>50635824
Base it gray,shade the recesses near the pack with warm colors to simulate rocket exhaust. and highlight the other part of the smoke with darker cooler colors to create thick looking smoke.
>>
Did anyone order during this black friday sale? I'm sort of regretting not going at it a second time for extra alt models to trade/sell.
Can't wait to see Archie in action.
>>
>>50627793
Question, what do you guys like least about Malifaux?
Are there any statuses that are a pain to book-keep, terrain thats difficult to evaluate, game state thats hard to communicate clearly?
>>
>>50639057
>Question, what do you guys like least about Malifaux?

The elevation rules aren't so hot, and it's not a gameplay thing but I dislike that some core models are only available in crew boxes.
>>
>>50639229
>elevation rules aren't so hot
like incorporeal taking damage when descending, wtf
>>
>>50639057
>>50639057

The insistence on pretending it'sa 2D game - mostly relating to elevation rules, but also the odd way LoS works with cover.

Inconsistent wording across rules - the seven different flavours of Leap and Squeel are annoying, but the identical rules worded differently is more unecessary.

The slow sprawling of the model line - I think we hit bloat level around this book.

And also >>50639229
>I dislike that some core models are only available in crew boxes.
Though I understand that that's an excellent business decision.
>>
>>50640341
>Though I understand that that's an excellent business decision.

Oh for sue! They got me for a Von Schill box just for the Trapper and Librarian, and I'm still salty about paying $35 for two models. I can't even imagine how frustrating it is to play Gremlins and have like three crew boxes that you ought to buy just for one henchman.

And their proxy policy doesn't help much, either.
>>
>>50640341
>also the odd way LoS works with cove
It is a bit different from past wargames, but I actually prefer it. What don't you like about it?
Agree about wording, they should really be on top of that before any printing occurs instead of trying to blame their players through raw vs rai bullshit.
>>
>>50641820
>the odd way LoS works with cove
>What don't you like about it?

I agree that it works a lot better than many games - true LoS is dumb for static models, especially when it encourages tournament pricks to pose models as small as reasonable.

I actually meant that with .elevation. and LoS and cover - I don't think a Ht2 model within 1" of Ht1 Blocking cover should get cover from a shooter on Ht4 elevation, it just doesn't feel right.

There are also a few bits that feel too 'gamey' - can see an infinite depth .into. woods for single -ve, but can't see .through. a 2" wide stand of trees.

>>50641775
>And their proxy policy doesn't help much, either.
How do you mean?
The proxy policy is that it's made of Wyrd bits and is clearly identifiable as what it's meant to be - depending on the organiser and your opponent, that can be pretty damn flexible, and it's a lot less trestrictive than many companies.
>>
>>50639057
Elevation rules are pretty bad as stated above.
>>
>>50641891
The proxy policy is proxies aren't allowed, but conversions are okay.

That's a little better than no proxies at all, but if your TO is strict about it you're still going to need the official model one way or another.
>>
Here's the Christmas crew

50 SS Outcasts Crew
Jack Daw + 4 Pool
- The Bigger They Are (1)
- Scout The Field (1)
- Drowning Injustice (0)
- Firing Squad Injustice (0)
Wrath (8)
- Oath Keeper (1)
Envy (8)
Lust (8)
Greed (8)
Sloth (8)
Nurse (5)

(exported from CrewFaux)
>>
Looks like the TTB Trove has added Into the Bayou!
>>
Hey, I was thinking about starting playing, how do I decide which master to play?
>>
>>50645586
Pick the one you like the look/story of, try them out, see what works, go from there.
>>
File: 8masters.jpg (1MB, 1998x1590px) Image search: [Google]
8masters.jpg
1MB, 1998x1590px
>>50645586
Is there a master that you like the most?
Is there a faction from which you like more masters (or other models) than from any other?

It's good to start with one master but keep in mind that at some point you'll probably want to try something new and it's good to stick to one faction, at least money-wise.
>>
>>50645586
Read their cards after reading the rules and maybe a few battle report videos if you have never played any minis game extensively. I'd caution against picking solely based on looks unless you think you aren't going to be playing regularly/semi-competitively.
>>
>>50641891
>I don't think a Ht2 model within 1" of Ht1 Blocking cover should get cover from a shooter on Ht4 elevatio
What Ht and at what distance is the model on Ht4 terrain?
>>
File: latigo_posse_complete.jpg (149KB, 1600x768px) Image search: [Google]
latigo_posse_complete.jpg
149KB, 1600x768px
>>50649047
Shit, I don't know - a Trapper on the roof of a saloon firing at a Guild Guard across the street behind a barrel.

A Ht2 model on Ht6 elevation 10" away from a Ht2 target 'in cover' behind a Ht1 object.

No, you can't draw a line base to base (vantage point allowing), but it still doesn't sit right with me that the Guard gets cover in such a scenario.

I do recognise that one wants something a bit more hard and fast that "if you can see about more than half of the model" though, especially if they're setting out with the intention of building tournament-worthy rules.
>>
>>50649047
>>50641891
Either way, I think they're applying the cover you don't agree with similarly to regular partial wall cover you do agree with.
The LoS rules of drawing 2 imaginary lines to the edges of the target's base probably places one of them in contact with that tiny wall. Since using the base for LoS is supposed to represent the nonstatic/bob'n'weave nature of models, what is wrong with characters mechanically gaining the potential option to quickly duck under the wall for improved defense as long as one line intersects?

If partial coverage with walls is supposed to illustrate movement and potential usage of cover
>>
>>50649585
>it still doesn't sit right with me that the Guard gets cover in such a scenario
Does it change anything that bases representing nonstatic models isn't something usually in minis games?
With that mechanic and flavor ingrained in the foundation, recommendations dependent on static, physical models become nonsensical and actually slant toward a more bogged down system attempting to imitate realism through pedantry of something as simple as LoS (like Infinity). I actually think the way Malifaux solves this issue is more realistic and infinitely better for maintaining the flow of play.
>>
>>50649687
>>50649824
I acknowledge that it's probably one of the best systems available, in terms of balancing speed and simplicity against realism, but there are corner cases that just strike me as silly.

It ties into the above discussion around elevation in a game that's trying to play like it is top-down/2D in some rules and 3D in others.

>Does it change anything that bases representing nonstatic models isn't something usually in minis games?
Not really sure what this sentence means.
>>
>>50650160
Yea, that was a garbage sentence.
You said it didn't sit right with you that a model could benefit from such a small intersection in LoS
I'm trying to say, since the physical model doesn't actually matter in game and models dynamically occupy their base area, does it still not sit right with you if we consider a model's potential to position themselves anywhere in that base area and defensively benefit from that movement and environment?

The 2D/3D actually seems to solve many issues. What does solving for the hypotenuse or needing lasers/strings for inter-elevation LoS add to the game? I agree it only applies things when its necessary, but is there really any glaring inconsistency that impairs learning or playing the game? Most I've encountered are actually because of the assumptions many other games have built which aren't used (and aren't useful) in Malifaux.
>>
Any Jack Daw players willing to give me some advice? After Christmas I'll have all the Tormented models except Papa Loco, and I'm looking to use him more often. What model combinations are good for these?
1. scheme running
2. Fucking with the opponent/debuffing
3. Pure murder
>>
>>50651483
if you go to the forums and search for a thread titled "Jack Daw...Teach Me ALL", you'll get some decent starting information.
>>
>>50650698
I'm probably fixating on the issue because this discussions been ticking over for a couple of days now.
It's never actually been all that much of an issue in-game, to my memory.

Yet to see a satisfactory answer to elevation, Ht and Melee reach though.

I got a Trapper on a Ht4 balcony chopped up by a ground-level Jorogumo last weekend.

I'm not particularly unhappy that it happened - it was the most sensible interpretation we could come to.

It's just annoying that it wasn't very clear how Reach works in that situation - all measurements are usually made from the base, but then the giant spider-centaur-man would barely be able to scratch his own forehead with his eight-foot polearm.
>>
>>50652543
>It's just annoying that it wasn't very clear how Reach works in that situation - all measurements are usually made from the base
That is half true. Auras, pulses, attacks, etc first have their source defined (lets say the actor's base for simplicity), then AoE/LoS is determined by Ht, Range, terrain, relevant modifying effects, etc.
So, measurement wouldn't start at the actor's base, but volume (Ht x Base mm), which is ever present on the stat card. I think it would be hard to argue 3D in this regard is an afterthought or secondary to 2D as it is always an element, but not guaranteed to change an outcome. This may be the crux of the issue.
>>
>>50639022
No one bought anything?
Are the only fatguys with money kingdom death players?
>>
>>50654397
More or less
The KD Kickstarter was just too tempting
>>
>>50639022
Starving student here. I'm regretting not grabbing Parker, if that counts.
>>
>>50654397
I had to choose.
BUt I also have just played a two intro games with a friend and with my brother, but am already sitting on 90$ worth of green bums and tiddies.

The fem. Nidocem was tempting, but not for 300.
>>
>>50635872
Post in the Wyrd Place Off Topic and Trades group on Facebook. I have an extra, I think, and if I see you posting there I'll hit you up.
>>
>>50652543
You got cheated.

Here's how Melee vs. Different Elevation works:
If you're taller than the elevated terrain (i.e. Ht 3 model attacking someone on Ht 2 Terrain) you ignore the height difference.
If you're Equal to or Shorter than the difference (Ht2 model targeting someone on Ht 3 Terrain) you subtract the height of the terrain the target is standing on from your melee range (In this case, the attacker would be at -3" to their melee range)

I don't much like it, but there it is.
>>
>>50654867
I went in with a friend and my girlfriend. We're splitting the promos. Totally worth it, especially when you consider Chickodem will be going for $50 on ebay until easter. Probably the alt Bishop, too.
>>
>>50644232
Blech. I hate this 'new Jack Daw' playstyle. He's far superior, though much harder to play, when he's running support.
>>
>>50639022
I splurged on Parker, Sandeep, Dead Outlaws, transparent Daw and Kirai, and a few Arcanist things I was missing to get up to $300 since I either own or I'm not interested in the other LEs.

I'm basically a sucker for limited editions with disposable income, so Wyrd's sales are always fun.
>>
>>50656228
I load up at gencon when i volunteer for the company so there wasn't $300 worth that i didn't already own
>>
>>50656251
Well then I'll assume you bought $300 worth of Johannas for resale.
>>
>>50627956

Transmortis is worth it if you're a Nicodem or Molly player, the other resser masters don't need the university zombies.
>>
>>50633367

Blue Red mix. Parker's crew does a lot of tricksy bullshit like blue and they deal damage like no tomorrow.
>>
>>50657860
Don't forget Karina!

Also, the Valedictorian is occasionally worth actually hiring when you need something a little more mobile than Izamu.
>>
>>50639057
Mainly that you need a damn near encyclopedic knowledge of every model in the game and how they can interact with each other to even really enjoy the game. Otherwise each game is full of "Gotcha!" moments.
>>
>>50657957

Good points.
>>
>>50654397
Terracotta Warriors, Witchling Thralls, and Dead Outlaws. My group combined on one big order, but I managed to get Rafkin and the Sergeant.

>>50655540
Soon
>>
>>50655540
Eh, I can see dropping Guillotine for The Bigger They Are sometimes. Scout the Field over Writhing Torment just seems incredibly wrong, though.

And that list just chooses not to take Twist and Turn (or Creeping Terror on Envy, in a crew with more than half the C7) for almost no reason. I'd kick out Sloth for a Librarian and put at least one more real upgrade back in.
>>
>>50661122
This is solo Jack. He pushes the crew first turn then runs off to murder things with Scout the Field letting him come out of nowhere.

The band as carolers is just a fun add on.
>>
So i've not played since shortly after ripples was released, my local scene kind of died, and I want to get back into things. How've the new masters and the stuff from ripples settled in to things?
>>
File: Misaki.png (94KB, 430x363px) Image search: [Google]
Misaki.png
94KB, 430x363px
>>50655489
So the Jorogumo (Ht3, Reach 3") swinging at a target on a Ht4 ledge would be effective Reach -1"?

That seems... iffy.
Got a page reference?
Not that I don't believe you, it's just an odd way of doing it - I wouldn't expect someone to take my work for it.

>>50657734
Does that really play out?
Between the regularity of sales and the expense of P&P, do you make enough profit to justify sinking $300?

>>50657979
>Otherwise each game is full of "Gotcha!" moments.
If you're not both talking through your crews throughout the game the first time you play each other, the gotcha is that at least one of you is a nob.
I did it a couple of times to other people, and it was so unsatisfying that it ruined the game for me - I talk through the major shenanigans with my opponent before every game, and then give them a courtesy reminder if they're on the verge of doing something unforgivably dumb during.

You can make a very solid case for not doing this in a tournament, but if you .need. a gotcha to get to the top table in a tournament, you aren't good enough to be at the top table.
>>
>>50657979
Don't play with jerks? Even in tournament games I find folks are typically willing to help you not get caught by stupid shit.
>>
>>50661626
>This is solo Jack.
Does that work?
Or is it one of those crews that's completely divorced from the Master for most of the game?

Deliberately playing crew/master combinations that don't use the synergies for shenanigans seems counter to the drive of what makes Malifaux interesting.
>>
>>50661661
Every new master except parker is very well received. Parker is really fun, but fairly niche
>>
>>50662252
I'm glad that this is the prevailing sentiment every time I see this complaint.
Maybe it's thanks to Play Like You Gotta Pair hoovering up the dickwad autists, but it seems like we get the most braux autists.
>>
>>50662277
>Every new master except parker is very well received. Parker is really fun, but fairly niche

Care to elaborate?
I haven't heard a lot about him.
>>
>>50662265
I'm not sure if it does, but I'll give it a shot.
>>
>>50662227
The box on page 44.
"Engagement Elevation
If two models are on different elevations, the
elevation difference is added to the distance
between them when determining engagement
range and range for y Attack Actions, unless
the lower model has a Ht greater than the
elevation difference."

On a new phone, can't figure out screen caps
>>
>>50662302
There was a big, huge rumble on Facebook over someone who made clear acrylic bases for his warmachine army. Looked fantastic, everything was well marked,git even got a judge to okay it before he took the time.

An infernal [higher tier judge] gave a technically correct but bull shit ruling, due to some bad wording in the rules document, saying it was not kosher.

The community spent two days belittling this guy and his frustration in having this happen. He ended up shelving his models and walking away from the dying game because the community is toxic. Half the thread was people bragging about being cunts, the other half was people going "I can't believe everyone in my area stopped playing" without a hint of irony.
>>
>>50662704
Technically correct is the best kind of correct.
>>
>>50662322
He's built with such a specific focus on scene markers that he's amazing if your opponent is trying to make things happen with them, but otherwise he's a mediocre gun. His tricks are fun and cool, but less threatening than the rest of the faction.

His thematic crew hemorrhages cards, leaving you to try to raw dog anything important. They're pretty easy to kill, they don't DO a whole lot. It's kinda like playing a watered down family who can kill scheme markers to almost get to where the family starts.

If we see a heavier market for scheme markers in 17 he'll get some play. He'd have been awesome in 15. Right now, he answers a question no one is asking.
>>
>>50662769
Yup.

Technically, clear bases are a conversion, and converted models require a "lipped base." Because that lip sure does serve any function at all.
>>
>>50662826
Serves the function on being the correct base
>>
>>50662943
That's some wonderfully circular logic.
>>
>>50662826
The lip adds a millimeter or 2. It means the world to assholes.
>>
>>50662583
Nice one bruvva.
>DannyDyer.weebum

>>50662704
Wow.
That's pretty amazing.
In it's own very, very special way.

>>50662704
>>50663332
I assume when they were OK'd that the correct size was part of the ruling?
Calling basing a conversion for the purpose of rulings is just some next-level nonsense.
>>
>>50663470
Oh probably. It takes a special level of functional autism to make it to infernal status.
>>
Bit of an odd request, but does anyone here know where I could get the card format of the miniature cards? I really want to make this game popular around where I live, but only the main rulebook has been translated to our language and a ton of people who would be interested can't into english, so I was thinking about translating the minature cards myself
>>
>>50663882
The rulebook PDFs (Check the OP) have all of the cards. You can use the PDF editor of your choice to change the text. You can then print and cut the cards out if need be.
>>
>>50663963
Ohhh, I hadn't thought of that

I think that's what I'll do depending of what Wyrd tells me
>>
>>50663332
No it doesn't. If you're using a 30mm base,it is by definition 30mm. If it's lipped, it's a little taller bit it's still *gasp* 30mm
>>
>>50664041
Good luck! I'd love to see a wider fan base.
>>
The Other Side Kickstarter starts Wednesday. Going to be a nice easy way to get folks into minis gaming.

Cult is going to be aces.
>>
>>50664565
Couldn't they have waited til after Christmas? My wallet is already crying.
>>
>>50664565
I will probably get into it if it actually turns out to be good and people at more store actually play it. Once the Three Kingdoms faction is out that is.

I am still very iffy about PVC figures. I have dealt with enough of Privateer Press and Mantic's stuff to know to hold off, especially when the very nice Kingdom Death figures are being offered through the same medium.
>>
>>50664477
Hmm, thought they were. Not like anyone actually cares. You know, except you. Because you're an autistic douche.
>>
>>50664638
I'm hoping that they show off a bit of the rules and not just model renders. I'm a little iffy on the word that its going to be simplier, but considering we're talking about coming from Malifaux levels of special rules, that might be a good thing for a mass battle game.

I am a bit excited, I really like almost all the factions. 50-50 on the Britbongs and meh about some of the Horde sculpts. People complain about the not!Lovecraft, not!Chaos look, without realizing that, yeah, some of us actually do like that look.
>>
File: Consider this.png (152KB, 280x577px) Image search: [Google]
Consider this.png
152KB, 280x577px
>>50662794
>If we see a heavier market for scheme markers in 17 he'll get some play. He'd have been awesome in 15. Right now, he answers a question no one is asking.

That's an interesting point - I wonder to what extent they were writing for the GG17 set or beyond?

Though it seems that most of the others are already pretty hot at the GG16 set, so maybe not too much.

Still, if they're moving back to where Parker will be hyper relevant it'llbe a sideways buff for my Colett, so that's nice.
>>
>>50662252
>>50662227
They're not necessarily jerks, just not very free with information.

Though one guy takes it as a badge of honor to blindside people.
>>
>>50667554
>Though one guy takes it as a badge of honor to blindside people.
We had a guy like that, he stopped playing (and moved on to warmachine) when everyone in the group got to a point where they'd consistently beat him in games.
>>
>>50664732
I'm the autistic douche because I said two 30mm bases are the same size, while you're insisting that they aren't?

While defending a faggot Infernal being a pedantic piece of shit?

I'm pretty sure you're in the wrong thread. We don't like your kind on this side of the Breach. If you would kindly ride yourself out of town on a rail or kill yourself, that'd be great.
>>
>>50667554
>Though one guy takes it as a badge of honor to blindside people.
>not jerks

We have a local player who tries to slow roll his way into the top tables. Aside from the cheating, he's totally not a jerk.
>>
>>50668121
Most of them aren't jerks. They just don't communicate worth a damn.

Even that one guy is a fine guy outside of playing the game.

Kind of reminds me of people that only play sniper in FPS's and get their joy from ruining someone else's day.
>>
>>50667989
>Defending him
>by calling him an asshole
Yeeeeahh...
>>
>>50667836
You should really work on your pronoun use. You aren't communicating what you think you are, friendo.
>>
>>50670076
it's pretty clear. Maybe you are just lacking in reading comprehension?
>>
>>50670216
Let's look at the clues, good sir.

>>50663332
>The lip adds a millimeter.

>>50664477
>No, it doesn't.

>>50664732
>I thought it did. You're a douche for correcting me.

Evidence is in, you're just a fuckwad.
>>
>>50670478
Why are you quoting everything but the text quoted?
>>
>>50670601
Because now that I'm going back and looking at things, I very obviously misclicked in that first post (well, obvious now) and I realize I'm the one who has been a total jackass.

Congratulations, and thanks for playing. I'll slam my head in the door a few times on the way out.
>>
I have no idea what to do with 3 Wild Boars.
>>
>>50673481
shoot with Ulix's bow and go nuts. 3 is overkill, but 2 can raise some havok
>>
>>50673481
Can Ulix summon them?

Otherwise I've seen them used quite effectively as manoeuvring foulers with From The Shadows first turn charges.

Two of them, to be fair.
Three is... a lot of boar.

Speaking of the cuntiest tactic around, every now and then a friend of mine runs a list with three Waldgeists walling the opponent into their zone with FTS and 4" engagements.
Especially awful on Corner deployment.

Very annoying with full Swamp Fiends including McTavish under Zoraida.

He usually only does it to buy time when he's running a horrifically non-optimal tester list, so he's not a complete arse, but I'd appreciate advice on breaking out in a timely fashion all the same.

I usually play Arcanists, but generalised tips would be good.
>>
I heard a rumor that there are a round of errata coming in Jan. Henchmen apparently have been informed of what's happening.

Can anyone shed some light?
>>
>>50675369
Some info was in other topic.

- there will be nerf hammer (Rotten Belle confirmed)

- schemes / strategy will be changed (remove old, add new, change suit and number so some things will be more often on table etc.)

- maybe some models will get free upgrade or something like new slighty changed card.
>>
>>50675780
Lucius players supposedly will be happy
>>
>>50662277
Parker is rolling all over my local meta, he's very powerful.
>>
>>50662794
Have you seen the soulstone manipulation his crew gets? They gain so many damn soulstones it's not funny, Parker + Bracket with a shitload of stones is no joke.
>>
File: da3.png (592KB, 540x582px) Image search: [Google]
da3.png
592KB, 540x582px
>>50675780
DON'T YOU TOUCH MY FUCKING BELLES WYRD.
>>
>>50675780
>nerf belles

they really only do one thing though. If it's just say Ca 8 down to 7 that would probably be fair.
>>
Who does Parker share the most models he likes with among Outcasts? Not super interested in Misaki or Schill
>>
>>50662704
Jesus fuck. I mean, I'd give people shit if they started fielding 30mm in Infinity or 25mm in Malifaux and claimed it's correct, but if the shape/size is the same, what's the problem?
>>
>>50674524
Their main defenses are armor and camouflage. Joss shreds them. Pushes/places can get out of engagement easily. They can't engage models they can't see so a Ht3 50mm can free some models up.
>>
>>50677671
Or in less shitty wording from a person that's now had caffeine. Who'd be a good master to run with til Parker is out proper if I can't get my hands on him?
>>
>>50678744
Von Schill or the Viks are nice and straightforward while still being challenging in their own ways. Plus, you'll want models in their box anyway.
>>
>>50676336
There's a shitload of stone generation, but looking at his cards he doesn't seem all that suit-reliant.

Is it just useful for keeping him and his Henchmen alive?
Or are they burning them for damage dealing?
>>
>>50674450
>>50674524
That's the problem, Ulix comes with three. There's a few boxes that I wish came with different minions.
>>
>>50679405
Like von shill only having one trapper
>>
>>50678744
>>50678969

I run Viks and Parker as my own two. Viks for killy pools and Parker for schemy. I have the winged plagues for any schemes involving interact with opponent and since Big Jake exists, holding corners/extraction points is laughably easy.
>>
I heard Ironsides was getting her defense trigger built in.

And Montressor is getting another round of boosts
>>
>>50676288
I'm glad to hear that. He was met with a lot of excitement locally but hasn't been pulling results.
>>
>>50676215
He's basically having half his card rewritten. Scribe too.
>>
Will they rerelease fixed versions of the changed cards?
>>
>>50680709
Yes. You can get them from their RPG Drivethrough store. If only they still had the system where you could mail in your old cards and get the new ones free.
>>
>>50680744
Does Outcast have any major changes to look forward to? Beyond the ones mentioned of Montressor.
>>
>>50680855
Misaki is getting a trigger on downburst for a free thunder attack, deadly dance sa zero and it lasts until next activation.

Tara is getting a keyword to help her hiring problems, her upgrade that used to do that gives her the Marshall recruiter aura instead now.

Oh, and nothing beast is a henchman.
>>
>>50680958
What about for 10T?
>>
Slightly Malifaux related, but the Kickstarter intro video for the Other Side has been put up. Nothing really new, save a new mini render or two. They did show a strategem card, may settle some doubts people had, looks like they are not simple ones. The example they had was your opponent names a suit, draw the top cards, put any with the named suit in hand and discard the rest, Jokers discarded give 1 VP. Very MtG like.

I'd post video link, but fuck posting from phone.
>>
>>50680958
>>50680855
Outcast anon saying thanks for the update. Sounds like nothing relevant to my interests.
>>
>>50680855
Carver will count as Killjoy
>>
Any changes for Gremlins?
>>
>>50679894
Any specifics?
>>
>>50682550
Thats something to look forward to?
>>
File: leviticus-1.jpg (26KB, 370x439px) Image search: [Google]
leviticus-1.jpg
26KB, 370x439px
>>50675780
>>50676215
Still hoping for some Lev edits.
Sometimes i just want to play a steampunk necromancer, not a mechanized geriatric murder hobo.
>>
Any known incoming changes for Arcanists?
>>
>>50688333
I've heard collette will only be able to prompt the same target once per activation.
>>
>>50688333
Supposedly ironside is getting a buff but idk.
>>
>>50688581
Truth

>>50689154
Built in defense trigger. Totally bonkers.
>>
>bring out Jack Daw for the first time
>go full Oprah on my opponent giving out gifts to EVERYONE
>death everywhere

Holy shit, it was WAY too much fun.

In January, a store is looking to do a henchman campaign, I kind of want to do Mad Dawg Brackett, would that be viable? I'm worried about how close we have to start in a shooty list.
>>
>>50682550
You got a source for that? If so, I'm picking up a carver, like, yesterday.
>>
>>50680958
Thanks, great job!

Any news about Levi?
>>
>>50690566
I can confirm, Carver counts as teddy in GG2017.
>>50684887
Lenny's aura is now non-master
Rooster Riders lost reckless
>>
>>50690843
>Any news about Levi
No changes
>>
>>50678995
Both, the extra stones give him great stability. I've generally seen Mad Dog bracket burn them for +flips on his shotgun or for suits on his cigar.
>>
>>50677671
Honestly your best bet is just to pick up general Outcast models. Johan and Sue are stupidly good for Parker, and great for everyone else.
>>
>>50679878
I think it's because he's much like Kirai, he's powerful and super adaptable, but shit players are still shit players.
>>
>>50692950
Most of my Parker lists run the same few models. Sue, Johan, sometimes Envy if the board favors him. I've experimented with the performer but she doesn't seem to do enough for the 6 slot that Johan or Big Jake couldn't due. I know that the almost lure is fantastic, but I have other things to do in Outcast.
>>
>>50692799
Thanks Anon for update
>>
Really excited to hear about all these potential changes. Anything major for ressers? Are belles going to be CA 6?
>>
Perdita/Franciso still the same?
>>
File: 2560x1440_TheOtherSide_Cult.png (6MB, 2500x1406px) Image search: [Google]
2560x1440_TheOtherSide_Cult.png
6MB, 2500x1406px
Is anyone expecting anything good to come out of pic related?
>>
>>50693062
Cast 7
>>
>>50680958
Is the aura just for marshals or for her theme keyword?
>>
File: Lenny.jpg (77KB, 284x320px) Image search: [Google]
Lenny.jpg
77KB, 284x320px
>>50692790
Which aura on Lenny?

The damage reduction aura or the persistent Ram aura?
>>
>>50694458
Free rams
>>
>>50694986
Good. I'm sick of gremlins getting stupid op bullshit with the caveat of "But expensive with weaknesses!" and having every support piece literally hand you the expensive parts while shoring up the weaknesses
>>
File: 1378414173271.gif (260KB, 266x207px) Image search: [Google]
1378414173271.gif
260KB, 266x207px
>>50695270
>why do support models support?
>>
>live in a large city
>loosely part of the malifaux scene
>have never played a game outside the two player box (but I want to)
>me and like one other guy are the only ones visibly excited about the other side
>beasts of war throws up an article about it on Facebook, gets like 21 likes and one comment

The lack of hype is giving me quite the sad
>>
>>50692790
But I don't care if carver is teddy, I'm talking killjoy.
>>
>>50695530
>Gremlins do excessive damage, but they take it themselves
>slop hauler
>Gremlins are too card and suit reliant
>Two card, Lenny
>Gremlins need to win initiative!
>Trixie
>It's okay my top end damage is 10, because I take some myself
>stilts

Stop pretending gremlins aren't a sack full of stupid. They're dumb as hell, and you morons only put up with it because "They're the funny faction."
>>
>>50695880
Carver is kiilljoy. That guy is wrong.

>>50695829
I think Wyrd's been WAY too reserved in letting info out about the game. I've been trying to follow it and there's fuckall to find out there. Nothing about mechanics, strategies, minis, size of games, etc, until two fucking days ago.
>>
>>50681661
I have to say that the render of the table they showed was a lot better than I feared - not too big numbers-wise, and it looks like they're aiming for fewer, larger terrain pieces, which is fine too.>>50688581

>>50679894
>>50689557
Well that's fucking lame.
But I guess that might actually balance her ok. At least it'll be more useful to use her other shenanigans.

>>50692790
>Lenny's aura is now non-master
Thank god.
So'mer was too fucking obnoxious otherwise.

>>50696416
>I think Wyrd's been WAY too reserved in letting info out about the game.
I can only assume they're going for a big bang with the Kickstarter release - now the updates will start flowing thick and fast to get an early push to make it snowball successfully.
>>
Anyone else hyped for gg2017? My store is having a tournament and we're all going in blind when it releases
>>
>>50696544
>>>50679894
>Well that's fucking lame.
Hold up, somehow got completely the wrong posts.
>>50688581

I guess I'll just have to re-learn Colette a little, but a huge amount of her power was the ability to get something into position to make an attack - if you can't move and then make an attack with the same model, she's a shit of a lot less flexible.
>>
File: 1378413444429.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1378413444429.gif
1MB, 400x225px
>>50696381
Again, you mean support models are supporting?

Amazing, ebin, XD, ay lmao, etc
>>
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1334239018/the-other-side-9

Here it is
>>
Meh. no early bird deals
>>
>Figures aren't actually cheap
>Identical twins
>Individual models made out of the same material as plumbing pipes MSRP at $90
Fuck, I will hold out on this game until it actually gets popular, if ever. Too bad they didn't at least bundle an exclusive Malifaux figure in like they did with Through The Breach. I might get a box of warped later on though to use as illuminated.

I am happy to see them move away from blind purchases and actually show pictures of the models however.
>>
>>50696755
Wow thats going pretty fast
>>
>>50696755
And funded in 30 minutes.
>>
Just got my hands on the McCabe nightmare box. How much therapy am I going to need after assembly?

Also, his henchman sucks ball, who should I use instead? Maybe greed?
>>
Hype train is rolling. I'm getting abyssinia and the hordes.
>>
>>50697495
Cult and Abyssinia here, the cult models look all kinds of fucked up.
>>
>>50697376
You should use the Brutal Emissary IMO. He can hand out an extra upgrade with the conflux of exploration which makes him pretty versatile, especially as your master can take the upgrade "Back" if he wants.
>>
>>50697680
>>50697495
Cult and Hordes, I think.
>>
>>50697376
I saw a TON of Sidir all last year. I haven't seen McCabe in a while, though, but he was pretty popular before.
>>
>>50696755

I think the models look pretty cool, but what's the point of this game? Isn't Malifaux a pretty small game as it is, community wise? Why split the attention and resources?

Also why is the game designed to be played on a 6x4? Isn't literally every game other than Warhammer being played on 3x3 or 4x4 at this point?

I think it looks cool, and I know little about the gameplay itself, but really it seems like you're buying into something you would play a couple times, and then go back to Malifaux or whatever game the Other Side is trying to compete with.
>>
>>50697376
Sidir is fine, just not very useful with mounted guards. Guild McCabe needs hounds and the rest is up to you. He makes everything better.
>>
>>50698715
I imagine that they are aiming at the Warmachine crowd with this one. I will wait and see if the game takes off, rather than invest the $200 minimum to have a two player set for something I would only play a couple of times.

As far as attention and resources go I imagine that they are trying this not only for the Warmahordes cash, but probably as they don't want to keep adding models to Malifaux and lead to real bloat. Unlike a lot of other games the models in Malifaux are all made to the same standard, so it isn't as if they would ever want to spend resources to resculpt older models.
>>
>>50696755
>We are also aware that preassembled miniatures aren't for everyone. Though we won't offer unassembled Other Side models to retail, we will make unassembled version of the units available on our webstore some time after the game goes to retail, giving players who prefer to do assembly the chance to do so.

Checkmate anti-preassemblists?
>>
>>50697039
>Figures aren't actually cheap
$40 for 9 with duplicates is not great.
I hesitate to say it, but since it's going to happeen eventually - that's GWish prices.
>>
>>50699235
GW at least ensure that you won't have identical twins until after a point. If the addons with new units are free for all the pledges however, then that may offset it and help increase the value of the pledges. As it stands I would actually save more money by just ordering the commander pledge's contents from my store (And get the warm fuzzy feeling of supporting a local business to boot) rather than backing the thing.
>>
Is there ever a reason to use desperate mercenaries?
>>
There's an instant Von Schill Freikorps crew or Latigo family there, or a Guild Guard list if you're feeling masochistic.

And I suppose if you mix the poses around at least the outline of the Fireteams won't be identical?
>>
File: desperatemercmale.jpg (65KB, 896x600px) Image search: [Google]
desperatemercmale.jpg
65KB, 896x600px
>>50699582
A free Stone to re-fill your cache when you use them as an extra body to control your home quarter during Interference.

Also, the swag.
>>
>>50699582
>>50699620

Why yes there is!

I love using them against Ressers since they tend to lack meaningful ranged attacks and can scheme run in the center well enough. With Parker pushes, they can cross the center line to get stuff done and are weak enough to not be high profile targets.

Plus, if you smack them for 1, then they have a decent shot of wild firing at something and forcing discarded cards OR waste of good cards.

The "take this to my son" is a consolation prize and I never play to it.

HOdgepodge is better in Viks for kill support and against gun actions cause of the cover. Winged Plagues are better in 'interact-with-opponent schemes' or if you want them to get to the enemy side without support.

Also, 2 inch reach is a decent way to protect scheme markers and block scheme marker placement.
>>
>>50699582
>>50699620
Wait, no, apparently that's only a 3" range.
Poor.
>>
>>50699649
I heard of a guy that runs them as Killjoy dog walkers to hang out with him since he won't flip out and kill them. The idea being using fatso to block him as he moves up board and if you are worried about guys attacking buried models.
>>
File: hired swords painted.jpg (91KB, 1000x535px) Image search: [Google]
hired swords painted.jpg
91KB, 1000x535px
>>50699766
But why not a Ronin?
An actually useful model.
>>
>>50699951
Because sometimes I want to spend 4SS instead of 6SS.
>>
>>50700059
>>50699951
Same guy that responded. But I don't typically use Ronin to scheme. I use them to kill. The Desperate mercs are there to attempt to drain a hand or good cards out a deck IF I bother attacking with them. Usually their purpose is to get to the middle.

The fact that they are really weak means that if they get attacked, I could care less.
>>
Otherside has a rules / basic play vid.
Friend and I are combing through every release for unit / faction info.
While I get everything can change, I hate not knowing what units / armies, tactics etc. when I want to get one army while they are cheap.
>>
>>50701219

>while they are cheap

Except they're not sadly. Something like 24% off, but you also pay shipping. So until stretch goals start popping up to sweeten the detail, it's actually cheaper to just go to a FLGS giving a standard 25% off and buy them there. Jumping off that, you can just get them off the internet for 25% off without sales tax, so even cheaper.

I'm behind the kickstarter $300, but if things don't radically turn around, there's no point in backing it. The fancy patch and holo master commander cards aren't worth that much to me.
>>
>>50701219

Yeah, I'm pushing for the game among my friends, and I'll be at least getting the Commander level, so that I can get access to the playtest. I've had good experience with their playtesting in the past, I'm actually really proud that some of my suggestions for Collodi ended up being used, and so I know they actually listen to feedback.

I really want more info though, stat cards or the rule book or something. Like how reinforcing works exactly.

https://www.youtube com/watch?v=A_eP9GOGUis
>>
>>50701316
same thing with my thoughts on yan lo back in 2e, now if they would fix that beard...
>>
>>50701316
At least the stat cards for anything in the kick starter
>>
>>50701264
what is this standard 25% off? I haven't met a game store owner who wasn't a total scrooge mcduck and I worked at two different stores. (almost a gw as a 3rd)
>>
File: Best Faction.png (781KB, 1024x609px) Image search: [Google]
Best Faction.png
781KB, 1024x609px
>>50701370

https://www.youtube com/watch?v=h8lqAYfeP0k

This video has the cards in it, and all the kickstarter's commanders are fully shown front and back. Also, the faction's allegiance ability is shown for each one, which might be my favorite part of the game so far.

For example, if you play Cult of the Burning Man, you set up portal markers during set up, and your models can go through portal markers during their movement and come out any other portal. You can discard cards to move the portals themselves, and every time an ace hits your discard, you can debuff a unit with shaken.

They all have a unique way to flip to glory side as well. Gibbering hordes devour their own units to flip to an upgraded side, while King's Army flips from wiping out a fireteam. The Cult can discard two of the shaken debuffs from themselves to glory.
>>
>>50701438
My local store at least, and a lot of online stores do a discount at about that range. Take the price for the basic pledge for instance. You get a $125 product for $100. If you buy it from a store that does a 20% discount however, you are saving the same amount of money. If you factor in the fact that you will be paying a good amount of shipping for the Kickstarter, then you will actually be saving more money by holding off until after the Kickstarter.

Compare that to let's say the Kingdom Death Kickstarter where the $400 core box is $250, which is quite a bit more than Wyrd's discount (And you get better models as well). If Wyrd adds in free extra models to the existing pledges however, then that may sweeten the deal to the point where it is worth backing the KS.

Either way I plan on buying into the Gibbering Horde and going at it a few times with friends.
>>
>>50701553
Well 50k away from the first free models, I was thinking about doing brits so that will get me dem dragoons. I'm looking at commander level so...
alliance box, plus titan, plus rule book and stretches for 160plus shipping. or I could go to a store to get it at MSRP of 285 and hope for 25% off?
>>
>>50701553
They already confirmed that the model stretch goals aren't being added to the pledges. You get free t-shirts instead.
>>
>>50701661

I was about to go about how wrong your number crunching was, but then went through the math and see that the tard was in fact me. I was going off the prices with things listed as add ons, not really checking bundle discounts, which are about 48% or so off. Shipping will probably bump it to 40-43%, which is still better than online/flgs.

Thanks for getting me to run the numbers anon, I feel a lot better about forking cash over for the game now.

Although what >>50701706 said sounds like a crock of shit.
>>
>>50702095

Here is a post from an Wyrd guy. Posted on their forum.

Well ... had this to say on the KS, and I'll post it here as well. I certainly don't want someone to feel remorse for supporting the KS.

-

We respect everyone's opinions on this Kickstarter, and we are taking as much under advisement as we can. On the note about the value for the money, we believe that there is a good value on this Kickstarter.

Although some other Kickstarter projects in the past have offered amazingly incredible deals on their minis, not many of those projects end up in distribution and local retailers due to the deals. It's pretty much one and done with the Kickstarter.

We believe in this product and game and intend to support it for years to come. This includes working with distributors and retailers and ensuring that there is a vibrant community around the game. We absolutely want to give everyone value for their money, and we will continue to add value as the Kickstarter goes on. However, if you feel this isn't the Kickstarter for you, we totally understand and support your decision. Thank you for your interest and consideration.

We hope to see you all on the table one day soon!
>>
>>50702212
So the reason this isn't Mythic Battles tier is because they want stores to actually stock it and people regularly play it as a result? I guess that driving some people to actually buy the models from stores actually makes sense then. Hopefully their plan works.
>>
>>50701706

Yeah, that sucks. I wanted more free models. The savings are still worth it, but I wanted Bones style free add ons, not to have to spend more. The add ons are not as low priced as repeated commander bundles. I'm in for the Tyrant level, and am getting friends to split buy it.
>>
>>50698779
>>50697771
Sidir is an amazing deal with Promises and By Your Side. However, if you want stats or a beater, get someone else.
>Guild McCabe needs hounds
Not necessarily true, it really depends on the starts and you your build.
>>
Are there any pictures of the starter set painted up that I can use as a guide for colors/ paints?
>>
>>50704025
Not "official" painted ones. I just went off the illustrations.
>>
>>50697075
>>50697371
Thats not fast boyos. This is practically glacial in terms of Kickstarter
>>
File: malifauxStarterGuild.png (668KB, 834x437px) Image search: [Google]
malifauxStarterGuild.png
668KB, 834x437px
>>50704025
I have always liked this one for Grimwell's crew. Low res, but you can see what he goes for. Much dirtier bone colored coats rather than something clean and white.
>>
File: 2016-12-14-235434_689x125_scrot.png (21KB, 689x125px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-14-235434_689x125_scrot.png
21KB, 689x125px
What did she mean by PoC faction?
>>
File: D20 Modern.png (1MB, 950x1229px) Image search: [Google]
D20 Modern.png
1MB, 950x1229px
>>50705547
>Trying to understand the comments on a kickstarter

Oh you sweet summer child.
>>
>>50705686
okay admittedly watching a show about an investment banker who could shapeshift into a jaguar would be pretty rad
>>
>>50705547
People of Color. Racism is cool again.
>>
>>50705547
Pickers of cotton. The Guild has to make their uniforms out of something, and as fluff has previously stated slavery is still legal in the south.
>>
>>50705784
Do you know the tale of the mighty superhero "Panther or Fern"?

Hell, this one might be older than the archived internet.
>>
>>50705547
It's a fancy way of saying "colored" or "non-white". It lumps all non-whites under a single group. Welcome to 1940.
>>
>>50705547

>"It's not enough that my faction is based off of fantasy Africa, people need to SEE that I'm playing the black faction"

It's shit like this that makes me side with the "we wuz kangz' fags.
>>
>>50702242

Idk, I'm not feeling this approach. Malifaux is kind of dead in all by one store in my area. Dunno how much advertisement they're gonna get done by shafting the early adopters and potentially killing free publicity. If I dont back this now, I don't know if I'd ever get around to it in the future seeing it at a store. "Oh look, another system, it's neat, but idk anyone who plays, and I don't want to throw 150 bucks at a battlebox and rulebook, so I'll pass".

Maybe I have it all wrong, I hope so.
>>
>>50696381
>>Rami hits his dumb luck trigger
>>Lol dirty cheater
>>LOL Trusty flask
>>LOL SLOP HAULER

Dumb luck means fuck all when just about everything in Gremlins has heals out the ass.
>>
I was leaning towards skipping it anyway, but if there're really no significant stretch goals, this KS is dead to me.
>>
So looks like mini stretch goals will be included free in pledges. That's some comfort.
>>
>>50705951

I mean...it's not like she needed to use it because they haven't revealed where they are from. It's Ethiopia, they are Ethiopian.

I'm honestly rather enthused for them to be a big faction, you so rarely see anywhere remember that Ethopia was anything but what it's like these days. It used to be a very modern empire.

>>50706030

Eh, there are fuckwits on every side. That's not really new.
>>
>>50708954
It would be if it were true.
it's not
>>
>>50709140

>@r-adv: Future stretch goals will contain both add-on models and models that are included free in your pledge. The higher the pledge level the more free models that will be included. I'm not sure what you mean by actu but an update will be done each time a SG is unlocked and twice a week in general. Stat cards will be included in the game and we just unlocked online stat cards as well. We can look at talking about army lists in the future if that is something people would be interested in seeing.

Taken from the comment section, now kindly eat dat dere dick
>>
>>50707129

Gremlins use their own health as a resource. It's not a downside of gremlins, it's a mechanic. They don't rely on corpse or scrap or anything, they use their own health, it limits what they can do, and their faction focuses on that as a mechanic, so of course they have lots of ways to heal.
>>
>>50707013

Yeah, I don't trust the game to take off if Malifaux hasn't at my FLGS, so I'm looking at getting enough to treat it as a board game. I'll get multiple factions and be able to play it that way. I'd much rather pay these prices than their listed retail prices though, so it feels a bit now or never as well.

>>50707180

The really seem to be taking this one slow. It makes the kickstarter a lot less exciting despite how much over the base amount it's made. They must have learned from the Through the Breach kickstarter, which I heard had several problems. It sucks that they have content that isn't on the kickstarter yet, like second commanders and other models. I want those armored whelks. How am I supposed to throw money at them when the rest of the range isn't available till I throw more money at them?
>>
Fresh off the presses from the kickstarter.

Lindsey Collaborator 25 minutes ago

Attention Troops! I've just gotten out of a top secret meeting in HQ. We have heard your feedback and we have listened! Keep your eyes peeled for an incoming update regarding stretch goals. We have condensed these goals so that you will get to the Mini Madness that you crave faster. We also want to thank you, our ground troops, for your enthusiasm with this project. As always supporting our games and our community is our top mission!
>>
>>50709992

Stoked to hear about what they're planning to do.
>>
>>50709779
I feel the same way. If I would buy into this game I would need to get two factions kitted up, as I am pretty sure that I am going to be the only one playing it. As that would take $200 at the very least, I will stick with KD for now as it is looking to be a better deal so far IMO.
>>
Free commander stretch goal at 225k.

As a Cult player, ours looks like the lamest of the bunch. I guess the gibs gets a trio of shark things as a commander.
>>
File: IMG_2798.jpg (219KB, 700x820px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2798.jpg
219KB, 700x820px
>>50711078

Oops forgot pic
>>
>>50711092
>1 of 3 models
So it looks like the horde will have a multi-person/body commander.
>>
>>50711773
If it has the ability to pass off hits that they showed off, its going to be tough to move.
>>
>>50711078

I disagree. I like the Cult dude. His rules look cool as well, he has a bigger focus on madness and debuffs instead of portals. He looks like a crazy street preacher instead of the first commander who looks like a bishop.
>>
>>50714490
I'd use him as a male Sonnia desu. He looks rad as fuck
>>
>>50714490
Have they posted cards anywhere other than the Gibs, or is it a backer only thing?
>>
So other than the commanders, are there any other free models being added to the pledges? It seems really lame that you have to pay extra for the Dragoons, especially considering how much they cost.
>>
>>50715236
Maybe at some point the value will hit there, but at the rates its going it looks pretty weak.
>>
If the Abyssinia are so advanced why is their walker a crabbot, while the Brits get a top heavy 2 legged robo?
>>
Kind bummed they did away with the primal feathers n shit Abyssinia look. Now they're just blandly armored mech dudes.
>>
>>50715520
Probably have issues casting the feathers.
>>
>>50711078
Fenton is crazy as fuck. He might not look like much, but he's your first auto include. Absolutely insane.
>>
>>50715291
Crab is actually the better design.
>>
have we determined if the two Dual Commander Pledges are better than the one Tyrant Pledge? I keep looking for a flaw in the math, but can't see it.
>>
So these generals are now gonna be about ToS too?
>>
>>50719142
As it is related to Malifaux, yes. It's for the same reason that Through the Breach is allowed. As long as it doesn't completely overshadow everything else it should be fine.
>>
So who's the best master for running a really mobile brutal crew without being a one trick pony?
>>
>>50719176
Just turn it into a Wyrd general.
>>
>>50715236
Where are the other command cards?
>>
>>50720330
woops ment to reply to
>>50714490
>>
>>50719265
Depends. Are you looking for a master to speed up your crew? Anyone with Obey, Jack Daw, Nellie

A crazy fast master? Misaki, Viktoria, Sandeep, Reva (kinda), Mah, McCabe, Lilith

Other types of movement tricks? Yan Lo, Perdita, Mei Feng, Ophelia, Parker

Really, your question is kinda vague and there's dozens of ways to run a mobile brutal crew.
>>
>>50720752
I guess I mostly want a master that makes their crew mobile or tends to run mobile dudes anyway, and is versatile enough to handle most schemes. Still kind of vague, I guess, but I keep flip flopping on what master I want to start with.
>>
>>50720828
Though I guess now that I think about it, the master being able to do cool shit themselves is important. Tara just using her AP to hand out fast and unbury things sounds less exciting than Viks whirlwinding the planet.
>>
>>50721177
McCabe with mounted guards might work. Viks, like you mentioned. Lynch's crew is deceptively fast, though he needs a hand. Jack Daw gives essentially his whole team 3" of out of activation movement, which can be bumped to 7" with his zero, plus he gets work done himself.
>>
So does anyone have an opinion on the Wokou Raiders in a Parker crew?

They seem expensive for what the do, but they also could have crazy mobility with how many enemy scheme markers can be dropped in a Parker crew.
>>
>>50720828
McCabe is fast, speeds his crew up, and is crazy flexible.
>>
>>50723243
If I had to choose between a Wokou Raider and Sue, Grreed, or any other 8 SS Outcast model... I'd basically never take the Wokou Raider.
>>
Interested in starting, if I get two crew boxes, is that enough for a two player game, or do I need to buy extra tokens, dice, cards, etc?
>>
>>50725592
You could have 2 small crews but most people play with 50 stones which is about 2 boxes
>>
>>50725592
You'll need two decks of cards (plain decks will do, but fate decks are easier).

The standard size game is 50 points, though, and starters average around 35, with some going over and a couple under. Also, if either is playing a summoner you'll need things to summon. Don't start with Kirai, her box is unplayable (it comes out to 14 points because it's full of zero cost summons)
>>
Best Master to learn the rules?

So far I like the idea of Lady Justice and Lillith.
>>
>>50725663
Do I need the fate deck? Or is a regular deck of cards sufficiant?
>>
>>50725842
Regular Deck with 2 Jokers.
>>
>>50725842
>(plain decks will do, but fate decks are easier)
As long as it has two jokers, you're fine
>>
Are there any specifics that could be leaked on the Lucius rework? Wondering which faction I should start him in.
>>
>>50725982
His target numbers are easier, his walk obey works on all models, elite training gives bonus to horror duels, his debuff lasts until next activation
>>
>>50725717
Those are two of the best to learn with. Lady J used to be garbage, but new releases have her doing pretty well. Lilith is amazing, she's a solid beater to learn the game with who becomes a mean control master once you get to the next level of play.
>>
>>50726276
Any resources available that have sample lists for the 2 of them?
>>
>>50725879
Cheers, thanks!
>>
>>50726276
I can second the vote for Lilith. Had an amazing match between Lilith and my Viks where, after consuming Blood, lilith proceeds to root Ash and then drop trees in front of her so she can't shoot anyone for the entire match. I still won, but it was a suprisingly bloodless game after I killed his Teddy and he killed Blood and Big Jake.
>>
>>50724241
I kinda have to agree with this. I still plan on testing the Wokou raider I have. But I suspect she'll be placed in the "pretty model i never use" pile.
>>
>>50726376
Start with the crew boxes. Lady J really wants the emissary and the death marshal recruiter.

Lilith is more flexible. You can really build her to taste. Nekima is a common purchase, as are waldgeists. I'd avoid trying for grow lists though.

Remember, in malifaux you build for the scenario really hard to make an all comers list, and there's not a lot of net listing.
>>
File: Lucius and Lawyers.jpg (94KB, 1008x684px) Image search: [Google]
Lucius and Lawyers.jpg
94KB, 1008x684px
>>50720828
>master that makes their crew mobile or tends to run mobile dudes anyway
Colette fits this to a tee, though she herself needs a path laid for her to be mobile.

>>50726254
>Lucius buffs
>His target numbers are easier, his walk obey works on all models, elite training gives bonus to horror duels, his debuff lasts until next activation
That's a pretty decent bump in playability right there.
Though I still don't see him being .that. much weaker than similar Masters. That's just from the cards though, I've not actually played with the crew yet.
>>
After late-backing Dark Souls and pledging for Kingdom Death, I'm really wanting to back this one too. Gibbering Hordes and the Cult seem like my kind of jam.
But as I sit here and paint the booty shorts for my green gals, I remembered....I don't have anybody to play this frikkin game with anyhow.
>>
>>50727364
With that and the newer models that fit him I am definitely going to give Lucius a shot. Glad to see that swanky motherfucker finally get the love he deserves.
>>
>>50727562

I know those feels familiar. I'm going to just treat it like a board game. Get two allegiance boxes, all the stuff to play, then keep it in a box and bring it out whenever I find myself in a 1v1 situation. I simply don't see it taking off like they want it to with it's high price point.

Also

>tfw backed the edge and calling it a boardgame
>tfw backed dark soul but I'm the only one I know who loves the series
>tfw backed KDM but I'm all but sure I'll never get 3 other dedicated players to go through a campaign
>tfw friends crashing at each other's place on the weekend is some relic of ancient history

Yet I still keep buying board games that I think I'll have so much fun with. Methinks I've got a problem.
>>
My first attempt at building a Parker Crew. It's for an upcoming 2v2 tournament. Crews are locked for the whole tournament. I'm paired up with a guy that's playing Shenlong

Parker
-Oathkeeper -1
-stick up -1
-Coordinated Heist -2
Doc Mitchell -3
Mad Dog Brackett -9
-Lucky Poncho -1
Bandidio -5
Bandido -5
Dead Outlaw -6
Dead Outlaw -6
Big Jake -5
Johan -6
>>
>>50729841
I thought his theme crew was too weak for competitive play?
I'm sure earlier in the thread there was talk of far too many discards to maintain a viable control hand, despite the Stone generation balancing the need to cheat.

Are the games really 100ss per side?
200ss on the table?
>>
>>50730551
He may be weak, but it's a free tourney and I want to play with my new shit. Only other options for me are Viks or Von Schill.

And yeah, 100ss per side. Initiative goes by teams and each person activates one model.
>>
>>50696381
>>50707129
both butthurt
>>50709702
this guy gets it
>>
>>50732110
I think maybe 'weak' was an overstatement.
From what I understood, it's more that his crew's abilities mean you either discard your whole hand doing their interesting actions, or you don't really get to use them.

But as I say, this was from other peoples' complaints, so maybe that's an exaggeration.
>>
Looks like they updated the stretch goals with some more Chaos-y goodness.
>>
>>50732197
Dumb luck is a bad mechanic. It's awesome Lenny is getting wrecked because you'll have to actually spend stones on your free wins.

Their mechanics aren't strictly broken, they're just completely unfun to play against, too reliant on luck, and they lead to completely one sided fights in either direction.

Stop trying to defend your bullshit with insults, pleb
>>
>>50734170
You are the only sperg slinging insults.

check your self.

Also lenny is only getting nerfed for masters. Somer still won't give a shit. Only master that cares about Lenny nerf is Ophelia and Mah.
>>
Except now he'll be pitching a card for it, or spending stones. And he won't be able to have auto rams AND masks.
>>
If there was a venn-diagram of "people who play Gremlins" and "mouthbreathers who think Orks are da best" it would just be one giant circle.
>>
>>50734852
Still not a big deal. Somer already barely spends stones and bayou two card is still good.

Unless Somer is going apeshit with his boomstick as his primary strategy, he won't care.
>>
>>50735084
But I play Orks and think Gremlins suck.
>>
File: 1378165426926.gif (994KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
1378165426926.gif
994KB, 245x245px
>itt buttmad players who can't kill models that kill themselves
>>
lol
>Special UV treatment for cards

like the cards won't be errated and have new ones 6 months after release
>>
>>50734170
I agree, dumb luck is fucking stupid because there's nothing the other player can do about it, and the downsides are so easily negated.
>>
>>50737471
Have you tried not getting hit?
>>
>>50736568
>like the cards won't be errated and have new ones 6 months after release
Yeah, I wondered about that...

They're going to effectively have a huge open beta, but if anything that guarantees the flaws will be found and screamed from the rooftops.
The edits must come, and with them, the invalidation of your precious UV cards.
Silly stretch goal.
>>
>>50737548
>Gremlin player has activation control because stuffed pigs are better rats that won't get nerfed
>Moves Francois 14", gives him fast
>Reckless, 4 ap Ml 7 model walks, focuses, charges master
>"It's your fault for leaving your deployment zone."

Seriously, suck a dick.
>>
>>50739355
Stone for good cards.
Stone for +Df/-Dmg.
Stone for defensive triggers.
Screen your fucking lynchpins.

Once he's dumped Fancois in your crew, he dies fast, and he's usually a pretty important part of the plan, either as a dangerous spoiler or as a cruise missile.
>>
You don't fight Gremlins directly, you exploit their glaring weaknesses such as having shit WP scores, overall low wounds and being really susceptible to chip damage

They can't dumb luck you if they're paralized
>>
What are the 10t's faction identity?
I know guild is shooty damage, nvb is mobile tricky melee, etc. But I don't get 10T other than the weeb thing
>>
>>50740909
Bringing in other factions models (Opposite of Outcasts) and improving them. Even Shenlong explicitly doesn't have a characteristic for his thematic crew as he is about handing out conditions to all comers.
>>
>>50741525
Nifty. If I wanted to start on Shenlong and move into Asami as well, is there any crossover in models that they like?
>>
>>50741851
Asami likes Sensei Yu for a lot of things. Both could make use of tengu and jorogumo, but Asami more so.
>>
>>50741870
Alright. Basically, my brain is in a tug of war for Asami/Shenlong, Dreamer/Pandora and Jacky
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.