[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good (or at least decent) RPGS that specifically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: difd.png (83KB, 612x341px) Image search: [Google]
difd.png
83KB, 612x341px
What are some good (or at least decent) RPGS that specifically deal with the theme of regimes, dictators and such?

Not in the sense of punching nazis on the face: characters living in those situations.

>no wh40k plis
>>
>>50627053
I don't know of any specifically geared for it except maybe some of the Star Wars ones, and that heavily relies on the GM.

Most RPGs, however, can be run in settings where this is a thing.
>>
>>50627090

Well, duh. But I'm asking about games specifically geared toward that, at least in the setting.

For example: Misspenth Youth, Night Witches.

Something like Fellowship as well (it's basically an Avatar+LOTR game. Think about it: those are about the resistance againt the Dark Lord)
>>
>>50627053
birthright
>>
>>50627053

Paranoia kind of does, although not in an overly serious manner
>>
Paranoia actually IS a good suggestion.
>>
>>50627053
Any system where you can't punch Nazis in the face is a system that's not worth playing.
>>
>>50627053
Eclipse Phase.

Do you want dedicated rules for it, or what?

Because you're probably better off just reading RL accounts of people who lived under Stalinism or whatever, and using that to inform your setting.

There's lots of scary shit, but there's also a lot of mundane inconvenience... like having to have a license to own a typewriter, and having to turn your old ribbons in to the government so they can make sure you're not using it to type up transgressive propaganda. Or having to get a permit to travel to a neighboring city.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.