[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 362
Thread images: 77

File: brothers_yamazaki.jpg (225KB, 617x445px) Image search: [Google]
brothers_yamazaki.jpg
225KB, 617x445px
The Original Partners Edition

Previous thread: >>50612371

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://www.magiccards.info
>>
>>50624051
Should I build 5c allies or gitgud frog as my next deck?
>>
>>50624096

I choose by taking into account which deck will have the most repeated cards between it and your other decks, combined with which deck you have more unused cards lying around that could slot in

If you have the good allies already just from cracking zendi/rtz stuff then it might be a good choice since you'll never use those cards unless you build it for commander

And I personally don't like building a new deck where I'd have to either proxy a bunch of stuff or get extra copies of stuff you're using in other decks
>>
>>50624096
Man, both are pretty boring honestly.

I guess the frog?

Naw man, do varolz
>>
>>50624096
Depends on how spike bullshit you want it.

Allies can be spike bullshit, but it's less fun than not spike bullshit, since you dont actually run many allies.

Froggy lends itself to spike buklshit
>>
File: current commanders.png (1001KB, 700x762px) Image search: [Google]
current commanders.png
1001KB, 700x762px
postem :^)
>>50624096
allies is awful. I tried making it work once but it just dont
>>
>>50624096
Do you want to blow up people's lands or do cool shit?
Has anyone else built Xenagos as a loner deck? It does so much work, and new players can pilot it decently.
>>
>>50624135
I Don't have a huge collection since I've only been collecting and playing magic For about a year. But I have a lot of the Allies cards already from BFZ and OGW drafts. So that seems like the best option for an EDH deck to me.
>>
File: HasAnyoneReallyBeen.jpg (16KB, 314x315px) Image search: [Google]
HasAnyoneReallyBeen.jpg
16KB, 314x315px
Working on my Leovold for when I need to hate on people. I see a lot of lists running Doomsday + Labman wincon. But I am confused: why not just use Leveler or possibly Inverter of Truth? It seems like I could get the same effect with a lot less complication than hoping to have the perfect 5 card stack (which could have some missing components depending on the early game). It gives a few more slots for cards in the deck and is all-around less of a hassle to finish off the game.

I presume at that point in the game, your opponents would have no cards to play to counter a Leveler drop anyways, right?
>>
>>50624338

Because then you need leveler and lab man both in hand

Doomsday is 1-card combo so to speak, that's what makes it strong, you only need combo pieces in your deck, you don't need to draw or tutor them

With leveler you would need to draw it or lab man and tutor for the other, for instance

Also you don't need the "perfect" 5 card stack for doomsday to work, your deck can have enough redundancy in terms of cantrips to rig up a number of workable 5 card piles

Also any card that isn't exiled will be available to you, as doomsday lets you can get cards from your graveyard and put them in the pile as well, and it doesn't touch your hand, if you have any cantrips or draw effects in there
>>
File: the family.png (849KB, 734x747px) Image search: [Google]
the family.png
849KB, 734x747px
>>50624142
I hope you like my arts and crafts project,
made it on mobile because I'm away from home, sorry

Rate my taste please!

Not pictured are:
Aboshan cephalids (way too gimmicky)
Memnarch control magic (feels bad)
Karlov life gain (yawn)
Daxos the returned "Whoops! All enchantments"
Lazav utility mill and clones (seen way too many times)

Scrapped are:
Tsabo tavoc (I'll rebuild you someday)
Lord of tresserhorn (what a hot mess)
Sygg river guide hard equipment voltron (meh)
Skullbriar "nito" +1/+1s (first deck)
Tymaret prairie fire (worked OK, but wasn't interesting)
And several other half baked abortions
>>
File: Meren of Clan Nel Toth_C15.jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Meren of Clan Nel Toth_C15.jpg
65KB, 312x445px
Looking for feedback on Meren Token Stax. Will post deck list shortly.
>>
>>50624463
Meren Token Stax https://deckstats.net/decks/60458/603757-meren-token-stax/en
>>
>>50624463
>>50624484

To be honest, I'm surprised you're not just doing endrek sahr instead, or at least running him in the 99.

And, I think you need more token producers. Abhorrent overlord, sengir autocrat, etc.
>>
>>50624463
>>50624484
post it to a real website please so i can see the whole deck
>>
File: EDH commanders.jpg (260KB, 960x460px) Image search: [Google]
EDH commanders.jpg
260KB, 960x460px
>>50624142
I bought Mizzix on a whim at target in one of those repackaged cubes a couple of days ago. Dunno what to do with her yet but I've been meaning to try and build a deck with red because the next deck I planned was Atraxa and I would be playing all colors but red.

Also it allows me to play shit like Dack's Duplicate which is a card I've been wanting to throw into a deck for a while as well as some other clone spells. Also kind of want to throw in Jori En and Hypersonic Dragon but dunno if they'll be very valuable. Jori En seems like the weaker one, Dragon just has the problem of coming in at turn 5 instead of 4.
>>
>>50624463
>No Kamahl, no living plane, not even a Kormus Bell.
It's like you don't even want to edict your opponents' lands
>>
I wish Soulfire Grandmaster was a commander

what are some good spell flingin commanders? I was think Kaho might be pretty fun, build her semi voltron perhaps
>>
>>50624922

>Kaho might be pretty fun
Might be
>build semi voltron
What the actual fuck
>>
>>50624746
mizzix is incredibly powerful. she's definitely my most competitive deck and I don't even think it's that tuned. It makes the spikeyest player in my meta to break out his best deck whenever I play her. with mizzix, you want to cast a ton of instants and sorceries. x-spells work great with her, because they will always give you another experience counter. Dack's Duplicate doesn't really fit in the deck, and Jori En can be replaced by a draw spell that actually fits what your commander is doing. Hypersonic dragon is debatable, because you want to be able to cast your sorceries whenever you want, but often, I find that I would rather spend that 5 mana casting 4 spells.
>>
File: Hypersonic_Dragon_promo.jpg (175KB, 826x600px) Image search: [Google]
Hypersonic_Dragon_promo.jpg
175KB, 826x600px
>>50625010
yeah, I figured that much about Jori, Dragon just comes out late but if he can stick around you can probably bust some neat stuff out with sorcery spells slamming into the stack.

Dack's Duplicate doesn't fit the deck well, I know that, neither does Gigantoplasm but I like clone cards. They're fun and gonna be personal touches until I am sick of them costing me games. I'm also gonna run Saheeli's Artistry and maybe a Stolen Identity because they can do clone shit while still being strong spells.
>>
File: image.jpg (63KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63KB, 375x523px
Striking silent as a dream

Cutting short the strangle scream

The lines of bluish life it cuts

With its vill'nous, spinal butts
>>
>>50625091
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oTl2JpjWwD4
>>
What plane has the best commanders?
>>
>>50625175
Kamigawa
>>
Is Ruhan the most enlightened commander?
>>
>>50625175
Alara.
>>
>>50625112
I'm glad you recognize my genius
>>
Gonti is very fun.

Pulling lots of cards off the top of peoples' libraries is really fun.
Taking all the planeswalkers and big creatures they sort of just tossed in their decks is fun.
Abusing panharmonicon + conjurer's closet + blade of selves to exile people's libraries four+ cards at a time is fun.
I love hitting a Karn off the top of the library.

Or a sol ring.
>>50625175
Kaladesh.

just kidding, it's ravnica.
>>
File: hhaaaAAWH.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
hhaaaAAWH.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>50625232
I remember when he got spoiled, and edhg was a hivemind of "he's unplayable shit", "wow what trash, nobody will play him". All the hype was for rashimi,and guess what? I haven't seen ONE devoted rashimi deck spoken of here or in person, and I've seen a multitude of gonti at my lgs near the uni. Funny how things turn out.

I thought he was really cool, made sure to get a foil regardless if i was going to build him. And yeah I completely agree with you. Reminder to think for yourself when spoiler season comes around, and build whoever interests you.
>>
>>50625280
I made most of the deck from junk I had lying around my house. Turns out that junk was very thematic- Caged Sun, Murder, Underworld Connections, Black Market- while also being very good for the deck.

Say what you will about Gonti, /edhg/, but he is way more fun to play than my last commander.
>>
>>50625280
I knew he was good for cube at least
Too bad I couldnt get hold of a foil
>>
>>50625175
>>50625198
Only acceptable answer
>>
>>50625280
I think the reason is that Gonti is probably the most interesting/fun mono-b commander ever printed, while Rashmi is outclassed in both power and fun by quite a few Simic commanders
>>
>>50625232
One of my buddies runs him in Maren and he does serious work.
>>
>>50625280
The Rashmi player at my shop is a misplay machine and after EDH night last Tuesday he rage quit the deck (taking apart to make a bant list). Of course that means I have to build her and I'm going to try and trade for his copy.

I've been solitairing a list on tappedout and I'm having fun with it.
>>
>>50625175
Theros!
>>
>>50624051
man, thats a really fucking cool card. Kamigawa had so much going for it, why did it have to suck so much that Wizards won't touch it? Hell, at this point I'd be happy if one pre-con had some original cards set on the plane, could you imagine what some splice cards could be if they were designed with EDH in mind?
>>
>>50626053
I remember when it came out. The power level and the mechanics were terrible and everybody hated that block. The flavor was cool though.
>>
File: livonya-silone.jpg (66KB, 297x424px) Image search: [Google]
livonya-silone.jpg
66KB, 297x424px
Bring back legendary landwalk!
>>
>>50626070
>>50626053

flavor was good in theory but not in practice.
i was a kid when it came out and kid were annoyed by flavor.
We complained that legendaries were so overrappresented and not iconic that it diminished their legendary status.
No one understood spirit. no one.

when 11 year old FUCKING KIDS are not excited about your legendaries spirits it means you did something absolutely fucking wrong.
Ninjas and samurais and snakes were huge flavor hits, but were hard to combine with other cards and colors (unique types, small amount of mana fixing in Kamigawa).
Maybe ninjas were cool to play, but my samurai deck was boring as fuck to build and play. limited choice, forced colors, "uh i guess it triggers bushido how exciting".
>>
>>50626104
What kind of set symbol is that? Do you have no shame?
>>
>>50626128
Dunno, she was printed in legends and I took the picture from tapped-out because it had the best quality.
>>
So yesterday I finally came around to build my own Atraxa deck. It's basically the old Anafenza deck with blue splash for Atraxa and a few other neat cards.

Still need a few good suggestions for good beat down cards, preferably in W/G

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/atraxa-beat-down/
>>
>>50625175
Lorwyn!
Love me some fairy tales.
>>
>>50626259
Doran, Siege Rhino
>>
>>50625280

??

Lots of people have posted rashmi decks

Also rashmi is clearly much more powerful than gonti
>>
>>50626111

Kids are fucking stupid though, kamigawa spirits are dope as fuck, much like Lorwyn-shadowmoor Elementals

You're right about the cards being unfun to play with though, a lot of stuff was super clunky or underwhelming
>>
>>50626128

It's called masters edition
>>
>>50626452
He's resorting to anecdotal evidence, pay him no mind. But still, Rashmi is the most boring simic commander I've seen and it just screams goodstuff.
I've seen Gontis but no Rashmis, but even I think that Gonti is more interesting. It never was about the power.
>>
>>50626394
Siege Rhino is already in and Doran could be a good idea, if I decide to go towards toughness.
>>
>>50626521

Idk I like rashmi

I don't see goodstuff as a bad thing, goodstuff decks play smoothly and give you options, which I like

Also rashmi screams "play stuff on other peoples turns" to me, not "goodstuff"

Gonti is interesting too though
>>
>>50624153
what the heck is a loner deck? loaner deck? is that what you meant?

i have a xenagos deck and i have a friend who likes card games but is intimidated by mtg. i'd definitely give him my xenagos deck if he wanted to play since yeah, it's very easy to play and typically you don't need to know much interactions besides "can i kill this guy right now?? if yes, no problem"
>>
>>50626578
Not that guy but, I'm pretty sure he meant a loner deck like it's built around swinging with one big creature
>>
How is Yasova as a mid-tier, mid-powerlevel commander? Anyone have any experience?
Alternatively whats the most middle-tier commander you guys can think of? I'm looking to round-out my competitive and jank decks with a deck that will work at a fairly casual friendly table.
>>
>>50626586
but that's what every xenagos deck does. at least i think so. you never want to overextend with xenagos because of the devotion and maintaining card advantage. the only creatures you should play besides your one big swinger are dorks and blockers
>>
>>50626596

Yasova is not good enough to be mid-tier in normal edh

Pretty solid in tiny leaders though

A good example of a mid tier commander would be sigarda heron's grace, another would be Noyan dar maybe, or gonti
>>
>>50626613

I'm just interpreting the other anons words
>>
I run a rashmi deck, and jesus christ is it value.
I run it as my unapologetic pure ug goodstuff deck. Last time I played it, a guy started his turn by casting Autumn's Veil into a Craterhoof, I flashed in a teferi in response, revealing Venser off my top and bouncing his craterhoof back to his hand.
>I-it can't be countered
>I'm not countering it
>Creatures can't be targeted
>It's not a creature on the stack

So fun.

Earlier that game I also cast fact or fiction in response to a merciless executioner, putting a Sakura-tribe elder into play and saving my rashmi.

Divining top helped a lot in planning those.
>>
>>50626651
Divining Top and Sylvan Library are basically musts in that deck. So is Momir-Vig. Momir+Rashmi just give you a whole lot of options.

Extra Turns also generate a lot of value through it, obviously.

Personally I also like to have a bounce spell like evacution on top of my deck, which I cast with Rashmi.
>Use dorks to cast woodland belower
>Rashmi gets a bounce spell from the deck
>Suddenly you have two nice creatures on the field while you opponent doesn't have any. (And maybe still mana to recast rashmi and/or dorks.
>>
>>50626259
Come on guys, I know americans are asleep, but still. There must be some nice swingers that fit into it. Ripped a Force of Will I don't need out of a booster yesterday, so I even got some shekels to spare.
>>
>>50626259
>No krosan grip

when are you people going to learn that Krosan Grip is NOT optional?
>>
>>50626259
I was gonna say Durable Handicraft but I see you already catched on the hot spicy tech
>>
>>50626873
Gotta get that engine rolling, aye?

Couldn't use it that much yet. I'm running out of steam rather quickly with that deck and my top deck isn't that good.

>>50626868
Ok
>>
>>50626907
There's that dude from KLD that draws a card for each critter with a counter you control when etb, could help with that. Or Shamanic Revelation.

I want to try both in Animar as soon as some other cards arrive in the mail.
>>
>tfw my planechase anthology planes just arrived
>tfw gonna play four to six man planechase next week

I hope it's gonna be fun, some of those planes look interesting. I don't understand why there isn't an esper plane but eh..
>>
>>50626907
Also the taplands can slow this deck down a lot. If you got extra money to spend on the deck I'd put some money into the mana-base and trade things like Jungle Hollow and Blossoming Sands for their appropriate shock lands. Also fetches for deck thining.
>>
>>50626924
It will be fun.
Although sometimes the planes might just end up winning the game for one guy
>>
File: faithsreward.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
faithsreward.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>4man game
>opponent plays urborg, kormus bell and austere command
>entire board goes apeshit, everyone's lands are dead
>cast faith's reward after it all resolves

i wish there were more spells like this
>>
>>50626868
Seconding this.
After playing in competitive metas split second is necessary. It also lets you make sure some of your shit resolves
>>
>>50627140
Yea, anyone that has ever played in any sort of competitive combo-based meta knows that, if you're playing green, Krosan Grip is a must have. It just stops too many combos.
>>
>>50627140
How does it make sure some shit resolves? Opponent can still put things on the stack after it resolves, no?
>>
>>50627089
There's fresh meat. But otherwise I can't think of any cards with similar effects.
>>
File: Image.ashx.png (152KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.png
152KB, 223x311px
>>50627244
>>50627089
not the best but can be fun
>>
Most of kamigawas stuff is underwhelming but ink-eyes seems like a neat general, especially when paired with marrow-gnawer. Basically build removal.dec and steal your opponents creatures?
>>
Just built my first 5 color edh deck. Trying out elemental tribal good stuff with some life gain and recursion. Still a bit miffed that Cavern of Souls is still so much though. Any suggestions on cards to add or take out?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/09-12-16-horde-of-elements/
>>
>>50627694
Why baleful force over bloodgift demon? Because it's each upkeep?
>>
>>50627694
>>50627746
Oh nvm, I'm dumb, didn't see elemental tribal.
>>
>>50626053
Ezuri's Snake tribal buddy comes to mind, but generally yeah, not much sadly. Bet something from Kamigawa would've worked better than fucking Kraum and Ludevic.
>>
File: huatuo.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
huatuo.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
I'm about to make a deck around pic related, with recurring a lot of powerful ETB creatures. Is it a bad idea? Is there someone who would do the job better?
>>
>>50628012
meren?
sheoldred?
>>
File: cauldron.jpg (58KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
cauldron.jpg
58KB, 312x445px
>>50627089
>>50627244
>>50627623
follow up to my faiths reward adventure

>go looking for super secret tech for orzhov recur deck
>find pic related

it's like a fucking goldmine of secret tech
>>
>>50627089
Sudden disappearance
That one card that was in the white black 2015 precon
Can't think of anything else
>>
>>50627756
>>50627746
Yeah its elemental tribal. Also because its on each upkeep, meaning tons of card draw. I can keep my life total up with some of my other creatures so its not that bad either.
>>
>>50626053
Kamigawa was about actual eastern mythology so nobody liked it
>>
>>50628012
mono green is really bad for abusing ETBs

if you want to flicker for etbs, go for green and white, or green and blue. or just forgo green entirely and go azorius or something like that.

if you want to recur for etbs/ltbs, go for black/white + the color you want
>>
>>50628195
Eerie interlude.
>>
>>50628238
who would you recommend for a black/white flicker build
>>
>>50628298
Triad of fates
>>
>>50628195
>>50628251
Sudden Disappearance is sorcery speed unfortunately.

Ghost Way works at instant speed though.
>>
>>50626578
>>50626586
Loner deck as in a deck you can loan out to a new player who's probably playing EDH for the first time.
>>
>>50628385
that's not how words work

it's "loaner" not loner
>>
What are cards that I can use to force players to shuffle their library? I know soldier of fortune is a thing, but I need dimir things to abuse psychic surgery.
>>
>>50628411
Preator's Grasp
Jester's Cap
Bitter Ordeal
Denying Wind
Extract
Sadistic Sacrament

Basically cards that search your opponent library are your best bet to abuse that type of effect.
>>
>>50628411
>>50628456
things like infinite obliteration, surgical extraction, effects similar etc
>>
is mizzix basically the best izzet commander or can a case be made for malek?
>>
>>50628494
Neither, it's

ludevic
>>
File: Spark Trooper_GTC.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Spark Trooper_GTC.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
post pet cards
>>
File: saprazzan.jpg (76KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
saprazzan.jpg
76KB, 312x445px
>>50628542
In Newzuri
>>
is there a card searching tool that lets me search based on the amount of mana symbols on the card? like i wanna see all the instant cards that need a single red mana plus however many generic to cast
>>
>>50628407
I wasn't the guy who misspelled it, I was just clarifying the obvious intent.
>>
>>50628494
Niv Mizzet is pretty good too. The original only needs one, inexpensive card to kill a player.

Only experience counter general I like is Meren. She gets value at end step, so even if she dies, and you cast her for like 8, with no more mana open, you can still get value from her.
>>
File: Pestilence_4E.jpg (48KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Pestilence_4E.jpg
48KB, 312x445px
>>50628542
>>
>>50628637
i guess that does make sagoli. oh did i say sagoli i meant "sense"
>>
>>50628494
Mizzix finally gave me the push I needed to make a UR deck.

The deck is about casting spells into a dragonstorm to get a bunch of haste dragons in my deck.

It's a blast.
>>
>>50627167
>Play normal spell likely to be countered
>keep priority and cast kgrip
>split second
>>
File: 1479110721166.png (171KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1479110721166.png
171KB, 1280x1280px
>opponent playing a tryhard build-around commander
>keep killing it with cheap removal shenanigans
>he keeps re-casting it for increasingly high mana costs every turn
>>
>>50628729
>Split second resolves
>Other spell still on the stack
>Priority passes and it gets countered
>>
>>50628776
I've been on both sides of this
>>
>>50628776
I affectionately refer to that as "Brago Syndrome" because, as anyone whose ever played Brago can testify, if you don't stick the cast your deck is a giant durdling mess.
>>
>>50628512
>>50628663
>>50628696
thoughts on a kydele and ludevic deck? its basically the same type of shit as a normal izzet deck but with ramp spells and shit like rashmi
>>
guys im getting exhausted of magic. i want to quit, sell everything, and put my life to better use, but its so hard. edh is the only thing my friends seem to make time out of their schedules to do together and its extremely fatiguing. how do i fix?
>>
>>50629072
Do what any normal person does in a similar situation and take a break. Selling your collection is probably something you'll regret unless you need the money.
Also >put my life to better use
Dude. If a hobby has that much impact on your life then maybe you need a break.
>>
>>50627633
too bad you cant ninjutsu from command zone
>>
>>50629072
take a break

magic is in a pretty shit place right now in general. legacy/vintage are basically dead, modern is stale as fuck and expensive to get into, and standard has been shit for 2 years now. put everything away and give it a year or so an come back
>>
>>50629072
Sell me, Dio, all your cards.
>>
>>50629072
Don't sell you collection. Even if you plan to quit, just stash it in a box somewhere. If you ever decide to come back, you'll have something to work from, instead of nothing.

Source: Me because after high school I have away my collection and when trying to come back I had to start from scratch.
>>
>>50628952
Meh. For Temur, you'd be better off with Riku if you want to go that way.
>>
>>50629187
>if you decide to come back
that's a big if. I'll probably be dead before then not trying to say i have the willpower to not play, its just that im depressed, and on the worst days, suicidal. every day wears me down more and i dont know how much longer i can make it
>>
>>50629227
Get some help anon, please. Even if no one else wants you around, we do.

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. You have value, even if you don't want to think so. Please get help.
>>
File: sphinx-sovereign-cropped.jpg (130KB, 464x664px) Image search: [Google]
sphinx-sovereign-cropped.jpg
130KB, 464x664px
>>50628542
>>
File: 1478742141127.jpg (19KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1478742141127.jpg
19KB, 400x388px
>opponent losing really hard
>casts cyclonic rift
>opponent winning really hard
>>
>>50629227
>>50629298

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzjM6I8hbtg
>>
File: Image.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>50626104
They did.
>>
File: 2bBsYj4.jpg (103KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
2bBsYj4.jpg
103KB, 720x540px
>>50629320

>Opponent casts cyclonic rift
>He forgot about my oblivion ringed voltron general
>Left the o-ring cause I was gonna destroy it next turn
>Swing in for death
>Opponent focuses me from that game forward

Fuck off
>>
>>50627089
Second sunrise
>>
>>50629227
If you really feel this way then you might want to stick with magic.

But do get help. I know that it looks hard right now, but things are not as bad as they seem, as life will go on.
>>
>>50629374
Well, they sound dumb, you shouldn't have too much trouble.
>>
File: maralen-of-the-mornsong-cropped.jpg (148KB, 464x664px) Image search: [Google]
maralen-of-the-mornsong-cropped.jpg
148KB, 464x664px
I want her to be my second commander, how would you make her work /edhg/?
>>
File: Kiku, Nightss Flower.full.jpg (109KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
Kiku, Nightss Flower.full.jpg
109KB, 480x680px
>>50629354
Why are most kamigawa legends so underwhelming?
>>
File: Bazaar.jpg (37KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Bazaar.jpg
37KB, 223x310px
So I always see pic related highly rated on the EDH rec page of "Steal your Shit" Commanders. Can someone explain the interaction to me? I can't see it.
>>
>>50629594
steal creature with Act of treason effect. Tap Trader to give it to target you.
>>
>>50629551
Honestly, you don't. Just run sidisi undead visier instead
>>
>>50624051
Missed opportunity by WotC here. A new version of these two ought to have put in the Open Hostility deck. It would be nice to finally get a multi colored Samurai commander.
>>
>>50629594
Steal stuff from your opponent with, say, act of treason then use bazaar trader to give yourself control of the creature permanently.
>>
>>50629589
Because EVERY rare creature was Legendary. Look at an given set. Imagine that ALL the rare (and mythic if applicable) creatures were rare. Sure that might lead to some cool commanders, but it would also lead to stuff like Goliath Sphinx being Commanders. Crap rares are still a thing and "Legendary" doesn't necessarily mean "any good at all".
>>
>>50629551
Ob Nixilis, Unshackled. -13 life a turn for your opponents
>>
File: 1472188585053.jpg (16KB, 180x192px) Image search: [Google]
1472188585053.jpg
16KB, 180x192px
>>50629614
Oooooh, I see. Because there's no duration on the Trader's effect. Neat! Thanks, anon!
>>
>>50629551
https://edhrec.com/commanders/maralen-of-the-mornsong
>>
>>50625175
I think Fiora has the some of the coolest commanders.
>>
>>50629551
do not build her. you will get bored, your opponents will get bored, and you will not win more than once, if that. letting your opponents have access to all the cards they need, with you being the LAST person to be able to tutor for a card, there is no way you will ever come out ahead.
>>
>>50629659
Though, I think the better plan would be to have Ob as your commander and have Maralen in the 99. Bobby Nix is a powerful creature on his own, Maralen requires a lot effort to not shoot yourself in the foot.
>>
File: Hava Nagila.gif (945KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
Hava Nagila.gif
945KB, 500x354px
>>50629617
We're never gonna see Samurai again. Kamigawa sold like shit and despite how much pic related loves Blue, all he really cares about it green.
>>
File: yosei.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
yosei.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
Is this card too evil for an Ayli recur deck?

Maybe I can make a politics game out of it, "do me wrong and you won't be playing spells next turn"
>>
>>50629615
>>50629659
>>50629664
>>50629689
ah, well. it's either her or thraximundar/sedris/jenara/rafiq. I really can't decide.

I just want a second less expensive deck so I can switch it up every now and then.
>>
>>50629725
tell me what you want the deck's 99 to do and i will tell you what you should build
>>
>>50625175
>>50626375
I'll second this. Lorwyn/Shadowmoore block gave us:
Nath
Oona
Both Worts
Brion, the only creative Boros commander
Both Rhys'
Sapling
Dorian
>>
>>50629744
I just want something fun and flavorful to be honest, no real direction and I don't really care about winning. It's just that there is so much stuff I would like to build but my pool is rather small right now.
>>
>>50629725
Sedris is cool and can basically be Grixis Goodstuff. If you wan't something cheaper and unique(ish), I'd go with him.

Half the reason I want to go back to Alara is that the Grixis Zombies and Demons looks baller as fuck. Anyone know the lore behind them?
>>
>>50629374
Why did you have him O-ringed in the first place?
Obviously it worked out, but did you see a wipe coming or something?
>>
>>50629787
Honestly I'd rather we leave alara alone after seeing what they did to innistrad and zendikar.

Tho I absolutely love it, it's probably my favorite set and I want to make decks for every one of the three coloured legendaries.
>>
>>50629828
Seems like a third player O-Ringed him.
>>
File: lpbV9Qr.jpg (29KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
lpbV9Qr.jpg
29KB, 300x100px
>>50629834
>after seeing what they did to innistrad and zendikar.
When will people learn that nice places getting fucking wrecked is MtG tradition. Check out Dominaria some time. I'm surprised they haven't burned Ravnica down, yet.

If anything, Alara might be safer that other places because it started as a fractured mess.
>>
>>50627244
There is also caller of the claw.
>>
File: 102.jpg (71KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
102.jpg
71KB, 312x445px
>>50628542
>>
>>50629930
my fucking n-word
>>
>>50628494
Melek is good with library manipulation but a well built Mizzix deck is just way more efficient and doesn't even need Mizzix played to win, she's just an awesome value engine and facilitates your flashier wins.
>>
>>50629930
Sacing bearer of the heavens for this is so satisfying.
>>
>>50629888
It wasn't that nice places getting rekt, it was the story itself that bothered me. And they absolutely gutted the eldrazi, which sucked.
>>
File: erebos-face.jpg (64KB, 800x476px) Image search: [Google]
erebos-face.jpg
64KB, 800x476px
Big mana Erebos.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/27-10-16-SZp-erebos-edh/
>>
File: The Real Prime Time.png (135KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
The Real Prime Time.png
135KB, 223x311px
>>50628542
Me and this card have been through a lot together.

I'm always tempted to cut it for something "better" when I'm making updates to my Omnath deck, but then I remember the guy who ragequit because I put a Doubling Seasone'd Ugin on top of his library at instant speed (Vedalken Orrery) and told him to shuffle his graveyard into his library. He argued that because there weren't any cards in his yard (I forget what led to this) he didn't have to do it. Hoo boy was he steamed. took his ball and went home. Good riddance.
>>
best coin flip commander?
>>
>>50629551
>>50629725
You run Maralen Combo
1 Skirge Familiar
1 Ad Nauseum
1 Exsanguinate
96 Swamps
>>
>>50630009
I won't argue that. I think they realized they had 3 really big, really bad Big Bads running around out there (Eldrazi, New Phyrexia, and Bolas) and just shitcanned the least interesting one. I will say that I liked Nahiri as a villain, though. Planeswalkers as petty, immoral god-children as opposed to super-heroes is fun.
>>
>>50630099

Suck a dick with your coin flip shit
>>
File: Wort Boggart Auntie.jpg (77KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Wort Boggart Auntie.jpg
77KB, 312x445px
Hey /edhg/, I've finished Wort 2.0 and loving it. I'd like to build a grindier, slower deck and have settled on Wort 1.0 for a Goblin Tribal/Stax gameplan. Can I get some recommendations for staxy elements? Already have Bottomless Pit, Creeping Dread, Mind Slash and Necrogen Mists.
>>
>>50628542
Would that it were a mana cheaper. I've yet to find a deck that it really shines in as of yet, but sometimes it puts in work for R/G dragons.
>>
>>50630286
fyi wort 1.0 is a very weak commander. like, really really weak
>>
>>50630286

I include No Mercy in basically every Black deck, I build, it's a tremendous psycological advantage. If you're playing Goblins, I assume you've got plenty of fodder creatures, so Sadistic Hypnotist might be worth a look. And if you're going with a discard theme, you basically need Geth's Grimiore and Waste Not.

If you're dead set on Wort 2, that's fine, but Nath is just about the most fun you can have with your pants on and does what it seems you're trying to really really well, with all the perks of Elf tribal backing it up. Your call, obviously, it just seems like Nath gets overlooked.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (9KB, 178x248px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
9KB, 178x248px
>>50628542
I run this in every deck that has red.
>>
>>50630407
Nath is sweet. I have a foil sitting here that I want to build around eventually, but I just have SO many green decks.
>>
File: Devil-on-my-shoulder.jpg (36KB, 471x428px) Image search: [Google]
Devil-on-my-shoulder.jpg
36KB, 471x428px
>>50630433
One more won't hurt...
>>
>>50630140
Yeah, nahiri was a nice villain but I disliked what they did to ulamog and kozilek. And kozilek card-wise was a disappointment too.
>>
>>50630495
It was pretty anti-climactic, yeah.
>>
File: soldiers.png (4KB, 966x25px) Image search: [Google]
soldiers.png
4KB, 966x25px
anyone else done with their christmas gift shopping?
>>
>>50630594
You have 7 decks where that's a valuable mechanic?
>>
What colors/commanders are best for crazy EtB/LtB effects?

I wanna get up to some silly shenanigans.
>>
>>50630620
no, dummy, i'm going to give all my friends one
>>
>>50630677
Azorious, of course
>>
>>50630677
that really depends whether you want to engage in flicker autism or fun casual sac & recur stuff
>>
>>50630705
What makes one autism and the other fun?
>>
>>50630717
my opinion
>>
>>50630767
well, at least you're honest.

what colors would you recommend for each style?

I want things that would make the table groan if it hits once, let alone 4 times in the same turn along with additional Panharmonicon nonsense.
>>
>>50630717
this: >>50630767

my reasoning is that wotc's support for flicker is outright insane compared to just plain old sac & recur. there are so many cards in the flicker archetype that just break the format over their knee, like deadeye navigator, eldrazi displacer, brago, etc. combined with stuff like peregrine drake and palinchron. for a flicker deck, it's very easy to get infinite mana and draw (and therefore a wincon) at like turn 4-5 or something. and it's very easy to win off an empty board with like 5 lands in general. not to mention all the stax bullshit you can pull off. so basically, the archetype doesn't fit into casual gaming tables at all.

meanwhile, sac & recur is much more interactive, balanced and generally more about getting extra value out of your stuff dying and re-entering. there aren't as many braindead easy infinite combos, and the whole archetype doesn't revolve around them either way.
>>
File: 1481221421001.gif (2MB, 409x398px) Image search: [Google]
1481221421001.gif
2MB, 409x398px
>>50630854
>1v1ing my brother in laws brago deck
>>
>>50630820
If Sylvan Primordial and Prime Time weren't banned green would be a great start. I think now BWx is the best.
>>
File: download.jpg (10KB, 178x248px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 178x248px
>>50628542
>>
>>50630854
you make a lot of good points about flicker, but I could probably tone down the bullshit level a lot by focusing on token generation or counters rather than going infinite.
And I fucking hate stax so that wouldn't be in the deck anyway.

As for sac and recur, that would require black, right?

I've never been good at using black effectively.
>>
>>50628729
You're a retard. Unless you somehow make the first spell resolve before split second spell, it can still be countered.
>>
>>50631142
Wait, are people STILL saying this shit? How have we not figured out how the stack works at this point, guys?
>>
>>50631222
>We
>>
>>50631347
Yeah, >we
The mongs in /edhg/
If you're dumb enough to be here, you're dumb enough to get lumped in. I include myself in that.
>>
File: decksdec16.jpg (329KB, 1116x865px) Image search: [Google]
decksdec16.jpg
329KB, 1116x865px
>>50624142
>>
>>50631222
>>50631418
To be fair, considering MtG /tg/ is filled to the brim with absolute retards that have no idea how magic works overall. They might know that you can play a single land a turn and those tap for mana, but that's pretty much it.
I expect nothing from /edhg/ but I still get disappointed every time I visit any thread.
>>
>>50626596
Casual and clunky, satisfying when it works...but almost always haged on quickly and harshly. Most players don't like it when you steal their toys - I jacked a guy's forgotten ancient, and the rest of the game was laser-focused fatty beatdown on my doorstep while the Hanna player assembled a parallax wave combo in plain sight for like 4 turns.

Just be careful. Some people are weenies.

Birthing Pod
Rancor
Hero's Blade / o-naginata
Jalira
And never forget, not only are you stealing creatures - you're making a big yasova as well. I've won more games through commander damage and no stealing (oh hey I won't steal from ya let's be friends :^) ). Be smart.
>>
>>50624441
i rate you control/10 and give you hipster points for Yukora. i'm a kamigawa fag too
i'm also willing to bet kraj is a 'stealy Dan' deck in disguise

would play against shitmatsu tho
>>
>>50631222
Are there any articles about things like the stack, layers, and shit like that?

I could definitely use a deeper understanding of that, since the person who taught me how to play glossed over so much shit he didn't understand at the time, and I'm still playing catchup.
>>
>>50630286
In a semi related note, I thought about building a deck with her and using Conspiracy to change other good token producing creature cards (Enderk Sahr, Abhorant Overlord, Ophiomancer) into goblins.

Anyone ever done this or something like it? Fake tribal? What other cards function like this? I know Xenograph has a similar effect.
>>
>>50631603
http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Stack
http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Interaction_of_continuous_effects

MTG Salvation is your friend, especially when it comes to rules disputes and questions.
>>
File: shivan-harvest-cropped.jpg (140KB, 464x664px) Image search: [Google]
shivan-harvest-cropped.jpg
140KB, 464x664px
>>50628542
You're gonna lose you shit to a boardwipe at some point, might as well take as many nonbasics with you as possible.

>>50630341
Works amazingly in Hazezon.
>>
>>50631649
Holy shit, thanks.

This is some informative stuff.
>>
>>50631673
>this enchantment in a Purphoros token deck

Fuckin brutal
>>
File: IMG_1402.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1402.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Got some cool new cards for my Ghave deck before FNM & trades after
>>
>>50632007
Looks a lot like my Kardor list.
So looks sweet.
>>
>tfw working on both sedris and sen triplets right now

I mean I could just build grixis goodstuff with sedris, then use worldgorger + animate dead for infinite mana and unearth everything?
>>
>>50632094
leave one creature in your graveyard dummy
>>
>>50624051
PAUPER:
UB Control / Tempo
LINK: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ub-control-tempo/
LIST:
Current Build: 10 December 2016, 1600

2 Agony Warp
4 Brainstorm
4 Counterspell
4 Daze
4 Delver of Secrets
4 Disfigure
4 Doom Blade
4 Evolving Wilds
4 Gurmag Angler
8 Island
4 Phantasmal Bear
4 Ponder
4 Preordain
2 Swamp
4 Terramorphic Expanse

Sideboard:
2 Aura Flux
2 Deprive
4 Hydroblast
1 Recoil
2 Shrivel
4 Zombie Outlander
>>
>>50631913
It's great for lore, too, if you're into that.
>>
>>50632131
wrong thread?
>>
>>50632125
A..alright.

Hold up, with worldgorger I would also get to keep the unearthed creatures permanently if I decide to stop the loop wouldn't I?
>>
Faith's Reward seems like badass tech for creature combo, gotta love that recursion
>>
File: 1471449859235.png (936KB, 644x644px) Image search: [Google]
1471449859235.png
936KB, 644x644px
>>50632131
>>
>>50632153
Oh, nvm doesn't exactly work that way.
>>
>>50632153
>Unearth (cost) (Return this card from your graveyard to the battlefield. It gains haste. Exile it at the beginning of the next end step or if it would leave the battlefield. Unearth only as a sorcery.)

No because the creatures would leave if you made them leave the battlefield.

So generate infinite mana, then unearth all your creatures.

Then make sure one creature is in the grave because if animate dead doesn't have a target besides World Gorger, and no one can respond, then the game is a draw because the loop can't be stopped.

Then again maybe an opponent has a creature in a graveyard.
>>
>>50632209
Well, the rules on the gatherer say that if an instance tries to exile the unearthed card it gets exiled, and if the instance makes the card return to the battlefield, which worldgorger does if he leaves, they return as a "new object". But the sorcery part is what fucks the strategy over.

But I will do that, thank you.
>>
File: reyhan.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
reyhan.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
This isn't exactly EDH, but:

>Take 10 of the 15 partners, one of every color pair
>Build a 49 card common/uncommon deck with each of the 10 partners
>Each deck can contain up to two of an individual card
>Players are randomly given two of the decks to shuffle up and play a 4 man game with.

Would you play it, /tg/?
>>
>>50632007
Courage is the hallmark of the warrior
>>
>>50632287
I'd give it a go, but it doesn't sound that fun. That might just be because I really hate most of the partners.
>>
File: Jalum Grifter_UG.jpg (70KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Jalum Grifter_UG.jpg
70KB, 312x445px
Would you allow a chaos deck with this guy at the lead?
>>
File: 20161210_175619.jpg (6MB, 2972x2691px) Image search: [Google]
20161210_175619.jpg
6MB, 2972x2691px
>>50632007
That's neat, some of my stuff arrived today too. I'm developing a tutor fetish.
>>
>>50632456
>destroy target card

What's the preferred method at your table for this?
>>
File: isperia.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
isperia.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>50632381
If it was with lower-power non-partner Commanders, how would you feel about it?

>Examples:
Kaseto
Lyzolda
Tolsimir
Isperia v2
>>
File: mfw.png (727KB, 1200x674px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
727KB, 1200x674px
>>50632287
>mfw putting this guy into my mazirek deck
>>
>>50632479
Apart from having god-tier art, why run the Sphinx Sovereign?
>>
>>50632479
Is it just me or do the flavor texts of Enlightened and Mystical tutor look like they would work better switched?
>>
>>50632488
I'd errata that to"destroy target permanent"
>>
>>50632488
Destroy target permanent, unless of course you have R&D's secret lair.
>>
>>50632512
God-tier art and flavor are the main reasons why I will run it. Also nice if you get it out early with master transmuter.
>>
>>50632537
then you tear the opponent's card in half unless they scoop?
>>
I need your advice, /edhg/. Atraxa or Newzuri?
>>
>>50632610
Atraxa with Newzuri in the 99.
>>
>>50632610
Newzuri, everyone has an Atraxa and simply playing her will get you blown up every time
>>
File: redirect.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
redirect.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>50628542
Man the salt I have caused by redirecting a market festival or throwing a burn spell back in someones face is what makes me love the card in NIv-Mizzet
>>
>>50632623
>>50632654
Same question for both of you: why, if I may ask?
>>
>>50632662
Nobody expects the EXP counters interaction. Newzuri and Atraxa have quite a bit of synergy if they both survive. Plus, you can also run other EXP counter commanders in the 99, most notably Meren, and they both benefit from the same resources.

tl;dr it's cute.
>>
>>50630281
rude
>>50630099
Probably something like norin the wary or something like Melek Izzet paragon to cast double the coin flips
>>
File: 136.gif (3MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
136.gif
3MB, 400x225px
>>50632704
>if they both survive
>>
Post your crazy deck ideas that may or may not work:

>Derevi artifact ramp
The whole schtick is to have a bunch of dickass unblockable creatures to deal combat damage to players in order to untap my collection of horrific artifacts. Bonus points for Kruphix, a shitload of removal, and tutored Brago.

>R/W Avacyn MLD Voltron
Pretty simple, blow up everything while my stuff is indestructible and beat on people with Jitte/various swords.
>>
>>50632882
>Crazy deck ideas

Man those are really CUHRAZY
>>
>>50632882
Leovold but without any windfall effects.
>>
Rolling for next deck

>1-3: Yidris Dragon Tribal
>4-6: Queen Marchesa Control
>7-9: Thraximundar Sac Control
>0: Tazri Zoo
>Dubs: Jin-Gitaxias
>>
>>50633065
you forgot to roll
>>
>>50633076
>/tg/ in charge of understanding the post is the roll

>>50633065
The Queen is dead, long live the Queen
>>
>>50633065
les go jin
>>
>>50633111
Oh fuck, now I'm tempted to build both

>>50633065
I need super spicy tech for this, this is gonna be fun
>>
>>50632537
>>50632536

These retards are wrong, "destroy target card" consistently has been errata'd to "destroy target nontoken permanent"
>>
File: AshesOfTheFallen.jpg (72KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
AshesOfTheFallen.jpg
72KB, 312x445px
>>50631611
Wortman here, secret tech for making a good tribe good-er.
>>
>>50633148
Pillowfort politics control with tons of voting?
>>
File: 7xDnl.jpg (355KB, 2010x1200px) Image search: [Google]
7xDnl.jpg
355KB, 2010x1200px
>>50632551
Yes. That's also the point of the chaos confetti combo.
>>
>>50633224
Interesting. Do you have the bolas swinging bolas combo, too?
>>
>>50633189
Nice, thank you.
>>
>>50633224
>50633224
lmao
>>
File: 1428722358042.jpg (13KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1428722358042.jpg
13KB, 400x400px
>>50633224
>>
File: lolwat.jpg (2MB, 1693x2657px) Image search: [Google]
lolwat.jpg
2MB, 1693x2657px
>>50633364
>>
What happens when player A hits player B with Emrakul's mindslaver trigger, then player A loses the game?
>>
>>50634184
I have one of these that I personally enjoy, though it's hilariously impractical:

"Wait, a poisonous tree killed me?"
>grafted exoskeleton equipped to mirrorwood treefolk
>cast blasphemous act
>pay 2RW for mirrorwood treefolk's ability
>instagib someone with 13 infect damage

Only the tree remains combo:
>mirrorwood treefolk out
>cast blasphemous act
>play arcbond
>bounce the damage with mirrorwood treefolk
>laugh as everyone takes 13 damage, some chump gets hit for 26, and the entire field is wiped except for the dickass tree
>>
>>50633224
Good thing fastbond is banned
>>
Not sure what to cut & what my manabase should look like, but I have a rough draft. Any advice?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/10-12-16-GfJ-ghave/
>>
>>50634578
Does the infect tech work? Mirrorwood isn't dealing the damage right?
>>
>>50634578
For the first one, damages are dealt by Blasphemous act, so it doesn't get infect
>>
File: 1435933790881.webm (2MB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
1435933790881.webm
2MB, 1920x816px
>cutting cards
>>
/edhg/, wheres the best place to buy dual lands?
>>
File: 1451681643711.gif (895KB, 232x137px) Image search: [Google]
1451681643711.gif
895KB, 232x137px
>>50634783
playin after cutting cards and realizing you shouldn't have cut something
>>
>>50634795
china
>>
File: 1434651913005.jpg (66KB, 627x429px) Image search: [Google]
1434651913005.jpg
66KB, 627x429px
>>50634783
>>
File: braid-of-fire-16453-medium.jpg (66KB, 277x401px) Image search: [Google]
braid-of-fire-16453-medium.jpg
66KB, 277x401px
>>50628542

Still trying to find the correct deck for this card. I love everything about it, the art, how mechanically original it is.
>>
>>50634852
Izzet Taking Turns
>>
>>50629787
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/savor-flavor/alive-and-unwell-2008-09-23

This article basically describes what happened and why grixis is grixis.
>>
>>50634852
Great with firebreathing creatures and anything that's pay mana to do something impactful
>>
File: Creeping Dread.png (116KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Creeping Dread.png
116KB, 223x311px
What do you guys think? I've mashed my head into this stupid deck for far too long. I play in a very creature heavy meta, so the chumps are in there to buy me some time until I can drop Lazav. Also, I know I'm not running any tutors or colourless rocks. I have a shitload of both, but I'm saving my good rocks for either a disgusting UGx ramp deck or a Bosh pacific rim and robots deck. I also don't really want to tutor up traumatize every single game.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/repurposing-the-obsolete/

>>50634783
I know that pain anon. How on earth do people fit card draw, removal, and ramp into a deck without turning it into samey goodstuff?
>>
File: 1473293498519.jpg (12KB, 236x219px) Image search: [Google]
1473293498519.jpg
12KB, 236x219px
>>50634783
>decided you had plenty of ramp and removal inorder to remain interactive and not just durdle

>after playtesting deck is extremely durdly
We will see now in round two of playtesting with more removal and ramp
>>
>>50631222
So? How does it change anything. As soon as a spell or ability resolves, priority is being and moved again until everyone passes. So split second can't protect other spells.
>>
File: Magic threads on tg.jpg (35KB, 308x400px) Image search: [Google]
Magic threads on tg.jpg
35KB, 308x400px
>>50635171
Which is exactly what I was saying, numbskull.
>>
>>50635248
Oh, so you were just agreeing with the other anon after all.
>>
File: 1472175747502.gif (2MB, 235x240px) Image search: [Google]
1472175747502.gif
2MB, 235x240px
>>50635273
>>
>>50634783
>Have Anafenza deck
>Bought about 40 cards to experiment with while turning it into an atraxa deck
Help me /tg/, I can't decide!
>>
>>50634783
jokes on you, I play 500-card singleton
>>
>>50635343

People should just play with every card they own in one gigantic pile. That's how the game was meant to be played.
>>
>>50635343
I know you're joking, but is this really a thing?
>>
>>50634925

>how on earth do people fit card draw, removal, and ramp into a deck without it turning into samey goodstuff

Well I mean, drawing cards, removing stuff, and ramping are good, so it's not even about deckslots really, a good deck is by definition filled with goodstuff

If you want to be less "samey" then you can try suboptimal budget versions of stuff that's overused
>>
>>50635415
No one wants to shuffle a 500 card library.

Mixing one deck per player into a single library however can generate a nice casual multiplayer round.
>>
>>50635397
people should just put all permanents on their collection on the battlefield at once, then see how long it takes them to resolve all the triggers.

That's true Magic.
>>
File: stupid combo.png (515KB, 888x309px) Image search: [Google]
stupid combo.png
515KB, 888x309px
>>50634184
>inb4 conspiracy doesn't make resto a non-angel
read the rulings, jerkwads
>>
File: zombo.png (637KB, 1099x344px) Image search: [Google]
zombo.png
637KB, 1099x344px
brewin' a zombie tribal

is this going to be as difficult to keep track of irl as it looks like here? jesus fuck
>>
File: 1422224433321.gif (3MB, 573x326px) Image search: [Google]
1422224433321.gif
3MB, 573x326px
>>50635610
>brewing token deck with multiplying counters
>my face when
>>
>>50635455
hushwing gryff.
>>
>>50635455

>implying there would be any triggers

In my collection there's a torpor orb, a mycosynth lattice, and a march of the machines
>>
>>50635610

I mean people will just scoop when it gets to that point

What are those chains on the cards btw?
>>
>>50635688
>What are those chains on the cards btw?

summoning sickness

also, i didn't win. a zedruu player cast scrambleverse so i sacced my entire board, and then a meren player used my mana doublers to cast genesis wave for 26 and hit a bojuka bog and exiled all my shit

you know, edh stuff
>>
>>50634852
Ashling, duh
>>
>>50635725

okay well fair enough

i think stuff like calculating power and toughness is less of an issue in paper magic because you just know "these are huge/huge creatures" until the time comes (if indeed it does ever come) where you need to know the actual exact p/t

it looks like in your game, that time did not ever come, because you sac'd everything before every swinging or using anything that referenced the power or toughness of your zombies
>>
>>50635725
>>50635851
status update: zedruu cast scrambleverse again

this dude is enlightened as fuck and i'm saying it as the guy who made the pyramid image
>>
>tfw EDH games these days among the group consistently end with people getting tired of the game and making dumb plays just to see it end and/or just scooping from being tired of the game
How do you fix this?
>>
>>50635897

Wait lol I assumed the game was over when the guy gen waved for a million

Still going?
>>
>>50636013
build a fast, resilient deck that forces people to change how they play. Get your playgroup to be less durdly
>>
>>50636013
swap decks.
there's obviously a lack of fun happening.
EDH shouldn't be a chore.
>>
>>50636013
Get naked
>>
>>50636013
try to get a more explosive meta, i guess. if the people in my group play our most aggressive decks, the games typically end by turn 6-8 simply due to the outrageous amount of damage being put out

>>50636025
nope, what happened was that the genesis wave guy passed, then i tutored and used From Under the Floorboards and made 32 zombies, and that's when the scrambleverse hit. but i managed to get keep hold of my door of destiny and a bunch of zombies so i just smashed the competition with like 20 10/10 zombies. so i actually won
>>
>>50636071
>tfw the whole playgroup is gay
I want nothing more than to end a game this way.
>>
>>50636117
>>>tfw the whole playgroup is gay

just because they play simic doesnt necessarily mean theyre gay
>>
>>50636155
no we're all some form of actual faggots
>>
>>50636117
Build a Doran deck and end every play with "IF YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYING"

>>50636155
Yes it does
>>
>>50636032
>>50636081
I would call my own decks somewhat explosive, but they usually require setup first and aren't very resilient. I used to have a Boros tokens deck that could push games along a bit faster but I've since scrapped it for a Brion Stoutarm deck that can also kill people out of nowhere, it's just slower to do so. I could bring it back, but I do really like Brion. I also have a R/G Atarka deck, but that one doesn't take much to disrupt after people notice I have dragons on the battlefield.

Should I just be looking at building something Purphoros-esque? Building Spikey decks just aren't really my thing. I'm just sick of hearing my other friends bitch about how long the game has gone.

>>50636036
The annoying thing is that whenever anyone tries to do something "fun," it inevitably winds up making things even more boring or convoluted, e.g., chaos cards, which people get frustrated with quickly. I don't know why they keep playing them
>>
>>50636252
I dunno, maybe try things that don't require total focus on the board state?

Bust out the cat/bear/pegasus tribal.

Try some two-on-two, or Hoard, or Chaos.
>>
>>50636309
>maybe try things that don't require total focus on the board state?
The guy with the dedicated spellslinger deck adamantly refuses to play it anymore because people get too paranoid that he has all his combo pieces in his hand. I'm not sure what else you'd mean by "total focus on the board state."
>>
>>50633065
Queen Marchesa is a beautiful deck. I love mine. I'dpost my deck list but i haven't updated it to reflect changes
>>
>>50633065
Go blue or go home
>>
>>50636350
what I mean is this:
when my playgroup gets tired of how we normally play, when we've all combo'd out a million times and it's starting to get tedious, we switch gears and play decks that don't require any real thought, lotsa vanilla creatures, no janky nonsense...

That way we can focus more on catching up with each other, or drinking.

Basically, if people are scooping because they don't wanna play anymore, then change how y'all play.
>>
>>50634578
You just reminded me I can blasphemous act my Boros Reckoner with Grafted Exoskeleton for a win
>>
>>50636402
What's it do? I've been eyeing her but I'm scared of anything without Green.
>>
>>50636402
RollAnon here, do it anyway.
>>
>>50634578
Mirrorwood only redirects the damage, it doesn't deal it. So infect trick wouldn't work.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/saskia-the-token-mama/

Any suggestions for this deck? I think It needs something to work better. Obviously I'll be adding in the missing shocks in the coming weeks, so the mana base will be a bit shaky until then, but it plays relatively well for the budget in regards to getting my colors.

I'm just not sure what I'm missing. It feels like it could be card draw, or Ramp, or cheap token producers. This is my first token deck, and obviously first 4 color deck, so any help would be appreciated.

I know I'm missing Doubling Season, but it's a bit steep a price to pay for a deck I might not like.
>>
>>50624425

Thanks for the response. Studying most Doomsday stacks looks like Lion's Eye and Yawgmoth's Will are pretty key, dunno if I want to spend that much $.

I think I may just aim for the turn 3 lockout and make my opponents fold in frustration. This is a deck in response to the Derevi prison deck that entered our group. Kind-of "oh, you want to play solitaire? I think I will, too."
>>
File: OriginalPartners.jpg (82KB, 621x443px) Image search: [Google]
OriginalPartners.jpg
82KB, 621x443px
>>50624051

"Original Partners?" Not even close.
>>
>>50636525
>>50636610
It's mostly pillow fort and wait for an answer. none of the games are the same. It's really fun. I've won through commander damage, debt to the deathless, token swarm, and aurelia double combats.
>>
>>50636525
>>50636610
>>50637174
I'm a dumb ass and forgot the list

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/queen-marcheezys-super-prison/

important things to remember is if you have a boardwipe and you are not ahead in board state just cast it. Deck recovers from wipes pretty well as long as you aren't dumping your hand at all times.
>>
>>50637174
Does the Monarch mechanic feature prominently at all? I like the idea of it, especially thematically, but everything that features it is fairly high cost.
>>
>>50637222
Yes. I have 3 casual play groups I float between and they all love the monarch. The idea is to get Marchesa out t3/4. Makes games really fun. You will be a target a lot. You need that card draw. even if you don't have monarch you shit out hastey deathtouches. It is my favorite deck I've ever built. Also the counterspells are toppest of kek. Never seen more butt mad than countering a game winning spell with mana tithe.
>>
>>50637134
>"Could this memnite BE any more destroyed?"
>>
>>50624441
You have links to the Kraj list? Sounds like its exactly what I wanted my Kraj list to be
>>
>>50638064
Oh man no, it's outdated. But what part are you interested in? I'll walk you through the staples and whatnot!
>>
>>50638140
I wanted a fun Kraj list that had some simic flavor, its my favorite guild, so the staples for flavor and Kraj good stuff
>>
File: Boompile_C16.jpg (51KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Boompile_C16.jpg
51KB, 312x445px
So, anyone who's gotten mileage with this card, is the speed worth the inconsistency? I got to try it out tonight and was honestly a little underwhelmed, but I don't want to judge it based on one game without a second opinion at least.
>>
>>50638230
Seems like it may be worth it as a 3rd OStone/Nev's disk if you're running monoB and artifact decks are constantly fucking you in the ass. Also kills planeswalkers which nev's disk doesn't.

Probably wouldn't use it otherwise without some untap shenanigans.
>>
>>50638230

ehh

i think the main problem is pretty obvious, if you really need a board wipe, you can't afford a 50% chance of not wiping a damn thing

the other problem is that "destroy all nonland permanents" is actually, paradoxically, kind of narrow, in the sense that its hard to come out on top when there's no real room for asymmetry

if you have powerful enchantments or artifacts in play, a toxic deluge can catapult you into control of the game by removing all the threatening creatures

if you have a bunch of creatures, a bane of progress can destroy the creature light decks' chances of keeping you in check

but with destroy all nonland permanents, youre setting everybody back equally so only a very conservative, instant-and-sorcery-heavy position can really come out on top. control decks like that dont really want a 50% chance for their wipe to fail

that said, the card has some upsides, namely that you can leave it out and crack it at instant speed. if you do it before your turn starts, you can untap first and get the first chance at rebuilding, which can break the symmetry a bit
>>
>>50638064
I'll type out more, to start

Removal: beast within, pongify, rapid hybridization, proteus staff, polymorph, blessed reincarnation
>>
>>50638267
I probably should have mentioned I was testing it alongside the rest of the stock Yidris deck, so it might not have been the best home for it.

Now that you mention untap shenanigans, I do have a Kozilek deck that loves to go ham with Clock of Omens, it's starting to sound like a great fit there.
>>
>>50638330
>>50638218
Creatures:

Put in a shitload of the graft creatures, horseshoe crab, forgotten ancient, triskelion, phyrexian devourer, JODAHS AVENGER.

Put in master biomancer, fathom mage, PENTAVUS, gyre sage
>>
File: 1465243292522.gif (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
1465243292522.gif
3MB, 640x266px
>Tfw your superfriends deck goes off.
New Tamiyo is such an all-star in this deck, it's not even funny. Her+Grand Abolisher+Doubling Season literally won me my game tonight as I vomited my hand onto the field and ulted walker after walker. It was absolutely silly by the end.
>>
>>50638421
Your opponents were fucking dumbasses for not scooping when you resolved a Tamiyo with doubling season out.
>>
File: 1426997291930.gif (439KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1426997291930.gif
439KB, 640x360px
>>50638436
One guy with a Breya deck was in a "good position" and wanted to see me play it out because he said I had no wincon and the other had 4 life which I drank up with Ob Nixilis. I Wrathed in that turn, wiping his board then ulted Venser, NuJace, Ajani Steadfast, Teferi, and then made a huge army with Elspeth and her ult, swinging 46 at him in a single turn.
He wasn't happy.
>>
File: Jolrael, Empress of Beasts_TSB.jpg (59KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Jolrael, Empress of Beasts_TSB.jpg
59KB, 312x445px
>>50638405
>>50638330
>>50638218
Flavor:

Unexpected results, evolutionary escalation, urban evolution, march of the machines, titanias song, mass polymorph.

Fun and jank
Jolrael, empress of beasts
(Not to use on self, use on opponent in response to board wipes. )
Natures revolt.
>>
>>50638518
Holy fuck Jolrael. That is the most jank thing I've seen in along time and I love it
>>
>>50638590
I know right. Just the fact that kraj and her can hit two opponents at once really stops boardwipes, exactly what kraj decks need. Plus, the whole "discard two "to activate isn't a problem for UG
>>
>>50638668
And UG has alot of untapers, so potentially even more
>>
File: Chisei, Heart of Oceans_BOK.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Chisei, Heart of Oceans_BOK.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
I'm going to do it mother fuckers, I'M GOING TO DO IT
>>
>>50638806
So, cumulutive upkeep cards and decree of silence?
>>
>>50638806
I built this once. It's very janky, very fraile, and has absolutely no wincons that are concise with the flavor or overall mechanics of the commander.

That being said, it's a great low powered deck. Make sure to abuse cumulative upkeeps and use cards like Eon Hub to stop certain cards from going too far with their upkeep costs and for the love of god, run artifact search and get Ferropede out at soon as possible.

this is like the only deck that makes snowfall useful.
>>
>>50638835

Yes, and yes.
How else could I win with this mother fucker?

eldrazi Conscription?
>>
>>50638835
This seems like the only way to make this jank work, but even then you can only remove A counter from a single permanent. It doesn't seem worth it to me.
>>
if I flicker a Sculpting Steel that's copying a creature, does it come back in play as that creature, or a vanilla Sculpting Steel?
>>
>>50639479
Neither, it comes into play as a copy of any artifact on the battlefield.
>>
>>50635897
Don't worry, we already recognise you by your shit punctuation and awful opinions.
>>
>>50638518
Almost forgot to thank you, this was really helpful.
>>
>>50638992
Dark Depths
>>
>>50639479

You get to choose again
>>
I need pillow fort cards and combos that will make me unlikable

Stuff like arcane lab + decree of silence

Sphere of safety, etc

I want my opponents to draw their whole deck and still not have any outs
>>
File: Mantis Engine_10E.jpg (58KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Mantis Engine_10E.jpg
58KB, 312x445px
>>50639748
Oh no problem, do you want more?

Also run arcanis, nullmage advocate, Simic manipulator, cytoplast manipulator, thornling, aetherling, a SHITLOAD of green ramp spells (hold off on the mana dorks, don't try too many of those, didn't work for me), try prime speaker zegana and altered ego! Don't be afraid to put +1/+1s on opponents things, by the way! Benefit on the abilities!

Oh, and finally, mantis engine is a pet card for me, use at your own risk
>>
>>50639850

Stasis and frozen aether

Winter orb, static orb, meekstone.

Portculis.
>>
>>50639870

Noice
>>
>>50639855
I'll take as much as you're willing to give man. Also, why is Titania's Song and March of the Machines listed under flavor? I can't see it
>>
>>50639898
Honestly,for me, I love making everything creatures. When I make their artifacts creatures, I imagine silly robots coming to life I can put +1/+1s on and steal their abilities. Did I mention it fucks over equipment voltron decks, hard? Also if you have a way to make things into artifacts with those enchantments, you can make kraj use planeswalker abilities, and you can turn opponents lands into artifacts, and in turn they die due to no cmc.

Yeah I'll type up more one sec
>>
File: Evolution Vat_DIS.jpg (59KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Evolution Vat_DIS.jpg
59KB, 312x445px
>>50639898
>>50639952

Hardened scales, doubling season, primal vigor are good, pricy though for some. I like myr welder, karn silver golem, memnarch. Crowned ceratok and giant crab/plaxcaster frogling are cool. Jalira master polymorphist is fun.

Hmm. Bred for the hunt and rite of passage.

Obviously put in vorel, murkfiend liege. Evolution vat seems cool, but I haven't tried it.

Consider clone spells also. Chromatic lantern is good, mana fixing can be important due to the need of using colors other than blue green. Say the opponent gets an Olivia voldaren. You'd really want to have access to the black mana asap, so when she puts a +1/+1 on herself you can immediately steal her
>>
File: roon.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
roon.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
Got a little drunk and started converted a Brago into a Roon.

How does this look so far? Needs lands of course. Also, no spare Seedborn Muse or Palinchron
>>
>>50640072

Doesn't look like you have enough small green creatures for woodland bellower
>>
>>50640126

Actually you have an okay amount, it's borderline

E witness and rec sage are really good to grab, which might be enough, the other ones are just ramp basically, which isn't amazing with woodland bellower
>>
>>50640126
There's 8 targets, I think it's fine. I've used Bellower with as low as 6 targets and it's been fine.
>>
>>50640141

I think it's more the quality of targets, like you're not gonna fail to find but I don't think I'd be happy getting a kiora's follower or birds of paradise

I think you do have enough though on second look

Anyway I think mastery of the unseen isn't worth it, even though it's cute with roon

Other than that it looks good
>>
>>50640072

Probably want Krosan grip in case of torpor orbs or humilities
>>
>>50640168
>>50640178
Good tips. Any advice on other cuts? Also, I found a Solemn and I figure I should make room for that too
>>
>>50640218
lol nevermind already had a Solemn in here. Threw Return to Dust in instead since I can't find a KGrip.
Thread posts: 362
Thread images: 77

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.