[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AFTERMAN (attempted Bionicle successor)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: Mahi Moko map.png (408KB, 822x972px) Image search: [Google]
Mahi Moko map.png
408KB, 822x972px
Remember Bionicle? That Lego line about robots with elemental powers living on a tropical island?
Lego rebooted it in 2015, but it was barely promoted or advertised at all.
It tanked so hard that they ended the line early (the story was planned to run 3 years) and the last wave of sets weren't even released in some countries.

Bionicle won’t be coming back for a long time, possibly ever, because of how bad the G2 sets sold. But the concept still has potential.

So a few fans thought that if Lego won’t give Bionicle the respect it deserves, maybe it’s time to make our own elemental robot story with blackjack and hookers, and so Afterman was born.

It was originally gonna be a comic, but now who knows.
We're trying to find the middle ground between capturing the feel of Bionicle, but also not being a total ripoff.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t2QUFibUR2cz8yhoRnQx_QKPTLW9FZqAdcldtKxrBa4/edit?usp=sharing

Google doc with the summary.

(I originally went to /co/ for feedback but they just called it autistic.)
>>
>>50621869
I mean I like it but you're forgetting that there are 6 elements for Bionicle. But the background and character info is pretty good.
>>
>>50621940
>He didn't get far enough in to learn about the other elements
>>
File: afterman portraits color.png (903KB, 1258x1516px) Image search: [Google]
afterman portraits color.png
903KB, 1258x1516px
>>50621940
Stone was cut out for being redundant with earth. There are other elements (lightning, iron, plantlife) but they don't show up until later.

Also got a blog at project-afterman.tumblr.com with most of the art.

We don't have a set art style yet but they kinda look like this.
>>
>>50621869
Why is Kopaka a girl?
>>
Why is that a question?
>>
>>50622901
Why is that a question?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.