[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Music magic system

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 1396740948008.jpg (170KB, 736x1104px) Image search: [Google]
1396740948008.jpg
170KB, 736x1104px
God is made only of sound and he is sleeping covering the whole Earth.

Magic is producing a series of notes in any way you like to obtain the desired efect.

Magic can only affect living creatures (you can't produce lighting out it tin air, but if you have an electrical eel in you pocket you with a spell you can amke him produce more electricity then a diesel motor and direct it at your enemy)

The setting is victorian.
>>
Magic duels are music duels.

chord vs drum. As two ancinet lich battle each other the living around them trasnfrom, explode, and change so much Tzench would cry from joy.
>>
>>50616972
Different scales = Different schools of magic
Different modes = Different power levels
or something
>>
What instruments would be most used for magic casting?
>>
Already being a well versed and skilled musician before you attempt any of the magical arts is to the musicians benefit... however amateurs of both who have innate talent/natural ear for music have done incredible works that even Masters have had trouble replicating.
>>
>>50618880
For a solo caster probably a guitar (or lute) for its versatility and ease of transportation.
But maybe groups of musicians would want to diversify their instruments. Maybe a string quartet is more powerful combined than a single guitar player.
>>
File: Loom_interface_screenshot.png (34KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Loom_interface_screenshot.png
34KB, 640x480px
So Loom, in other words.
>>
File: tales of the abyss.jpg (661KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
tales of the abyss.jpg
661KB, 800x600px
>>50620457

Or a few other games.

Pic related was far from perfect, but I liked how they handled the interaction of magic-users and society. The social and tech level was sort of early-twentieth-century, with battleships (hovering, land-battleships) and big armies of men in snappy uniforms with rifles. But before you started a war, you had to try to take out the best magic-users in the target country. An archmage is a national resource, and probably has a military rank and a position in an official research institution.
>>
>>50620521
What does that have to do with music, numbnuts?
>>
>>50620565

OP's talking about making a setting with a music-based magic system and a victorian-era society. I mentioned a game setting that has a music-based magic system and a society that's a couple decades further along, and some of the consequences of magic in a society that's more advanced than the standard medieval. It's relevant, numbnuts.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.