[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What Pathfinder core class would Soldier 76 be? Fighter?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0349.jpg (130KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0349.jpg
130KB, 1600x900px
What Pathfinder core class would Soldier 76 be? Fighter?
>>
Commoner, because Overwatch is for casuals
>>
>>50611136
So is pathfinder
>>
How about you /v/ermin fuck off
>>
>>50611028
Wizard.
>>
>>50611028
I'm not too familiar with Overwatch, but I was under the impression that there were no obsolete or useless characters, so he can't be a fighter.
>>
File: rJw3xMi.jpg (216KB, 540x1296px) Image search: [Google]
rJw3xMi.jpg
216KB, 540x1296px
>>50611028
Let's look at what he can do.
>Shoot gun.
Martial Weapon Profficiency since guns are pretty commonplace in his era.
>Sprint.
With little to no limit that I can see, so it's constant.
>Auto-Aim boost with Ult.
Clustered Shots feat maybe? Something that lets him sink a full attack at someone either way.
>Small AOE heal for allies.
This one is a little more odd, but work with me here.

What do we know of Jack Morrison, aka Soldier 76? He's been doing this job for a long time, as part of an organization meant to help preserve a global state of peace which it first helped create in light of the Omnic Crisis. He seems to be concerned and want to avoid civilian casualties as we see in his intro video chasing down gangsters in Ilios and shielding the civie with himself when explosions start going off.

Now mechanically it'd be an easy write-off as a Paladin; not one that's great at being Good or even Lawful, but gets by on the "you tried and didn't fail too badly" ticket. The whole red-white-and-blue shtick he seems to have could also cover him as a Paladin of a Cause rather than a particular patron deity.

However, if you're going to be a stickler for mechanics and the fact that he's clearly using technology that's fine too. You'd probably be looking at a Gunslinger base-class with access to Advanced or Technological weapons and makes good use of UMD or Alchemical healing, either by the Advanced Class Guide Multi-class option which trades out feats for features of other classes, or by some of the feats that grant those features on the General list.

So,
Fighter could work, but takes a player with very good understanding of the wondrous item list and optimizes around his tool kit for the most part while his class levels and bonus feats aim exclusively at combat.

More soon tbc.
>>
File: 1453111883860.png (1MB, 2344x1435px) Image search: [Google]
1453111883860.png
1MB, 2344x1435px
>>50611659

Barbarian for the sprinting might work as well, but I don't see Jack as Raging very often. Maybe using the archetype from Pure Steam since that's based around firearms, but other than that I'd write this off.

Ranger would kinda work; little bit of healing via UMD and spells, sprinting via Longstrider spell (hours/day), lots of weapon kit options from combat style feats, and you essentially transplant him from a near-future setup to a fantasy one using a little bit of magic to shore up the visor/healybits.

Lastly, given that he seems to be working either illegally or under cover lately in that Overwatch's activites were suspended, be sure to take a look at the Vigilante class from Ultimate Intrigue. It has a fair number of options that'll make for a good double-life type character who's still fighting the good fight but can't be caught doing it with his own face.
>>
>>50611686
Isn't there a Barbarian archetype that can increase Dex while raging? That could be the aimbot.
>>
>>50611028
Gunslinger probably because of his history of not getting killed. His heal is just gear.
>>
>>50612497
Savage technologist is a gunner barbarian with a DEX increasing rage.

So yeah, could fit.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.