[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Supers RPG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: marvelsupers.jpg (238KB, 658x370px) Image search: [Google]
marvelsupers.jpg
238KB, 658x370px
Hey, currently on a break from GMing due to GM fatigue, been thinking about running a superhero RPG when i get back into it with my group

Any recommendations for systems? Was thinking of running something somewhat campy and fun, probably Silver Age in terms of tone and villains

Also Superhero General, for those that want it
>>
>>50610055
mini-bump because i won't be able to for thw next 2-3 hours
>>
>>50610453
Never mind, seems I can post during courses after all

If it helps, I am aware of sourcebooks that use a superhero setting in combination with the Hero system, Cortex plus, heroes unlimited or icons

Has anybody played with one or several of these systems? Which do you prefer? What problems have you noticed?

And most important for me

Which would be best for role, not roll playing?
>>
File: 1478579162009.jpg (37KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
1478579162009.jpg
37KB, 240x320px
>>50610055
I can't help you with the system since I've never ran a Supes game, but I'd like to hear your character ideas.
>>
>>50610055
I grabbed DC Adventures RPG, which is essentially M&M 3e, off drivethru recently because all 4 books were $5 each and I was worried it meant the licence was expiring. I'm more a marvelfag but I do like M&M 3e as my default choice of superhero RPG and it won't hurt to have a reference for the DCU.
The Valiant RPG from Catalyst is on Bundle of Holding at the moment, but I'm not interested in the Universe enough to invest myself. Apparently it has a rotating GM from scene.
If you're doing campy and fun Silver Age then Icons might be your cup of tea. It has a bit of a FATE feel without being FATE and defaults to random character creation.
M&M is my default for crunchy supers.
I ran Venture City Stories FATE supers, and it worked. The setting is kind of superpunk, but the rules should still work for you.
I'm looking into a second attempt at Worlds in Peril the Powered by the Apocalypse super game with freeform-y powers. I'm also contemplating Masks - The New Generation but that has a strong story-type embedded in the game so if you don't plan on running a game about superteens searching for identity probably look elsewhere.
>>
>>50610055
Marvel Heroic is really good.
>>
>>50612267
as of yet, nothing really

technically still got the last act of my larger campaign to finish, which might take a good half-year or so

As i'd be running the game, i'm trying to think right now more in terms of villain teams and organizations rather than characters, at least until i've got a fairly decent idea what my players would pick as their own characters

Since it would be more Silver Age, they're all obviously trying to either become super rich illegaly TAKE OVER THE WORLD

Asking the group what kind of heroes they'd like to play, based on a main inspiration or two

So far I've got
-a shadow manipulation anti-hero based on Shade from DC
-vaguely Psylocke

the other two haven't yet answered
>>
>>50612810
third one answered, would be a Cyclops style blaster
>>
File: 1478283422414[1].jpg (71KB, 600x786px) Image search: [Google]
1478283422414[1].jpg
71KB, 600x786px
Spanish rpg La Mirada del Sentinella.
The twist is that you play as a superhero team. So there's one superhero and a lot of support characters: Stunt double so you can seem to be anywhere at the same time, hacker for investigations, retreated superhero, and so on.
>>
>>50615810
sounds interesting
is there an english pdf?
>>
>>50610055
the ol' FASERIP system

simple and free
>>
>>50616104
I don't think so.
There might be a spanish pdf, they're usually very active on the scan front.

I'll make a non-english pdfs thread in a couple minute and see if we can get it. I wanted to upload COPS for a while anyways.
>>
>>50616563
might work, one of my players is catalan, might be able to convince him to do a translation of the most important parts
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.