[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1216: Prepare to Ayyyy Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 539
Thread images: 70

>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>50596035
>>
Which jumps have a good import option for a single companion?
>>
>>50607120
wtf is this cyoa? ive seen this thread for like years and i have never opened it cuz it looked uninteresting.

someone give me a TLDR?
>>
File: JLDJump.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
JLDJump.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Reposting.
>>
>>50607134
Dark Souls 3, Bloodbourne, Demon Souls, Sherlock Holmes, Great Detective
>>50607153
Your self insert hops between worlds, gaining momentum as they start getting involved in larger scale shenanigans the further they get along.
>>
>>50607153
Multiverse reincarnation/Insertion guide to end up in an available setting (Jumps) of your choosing with more Jumps being created as time progresses.

Or lots and lots of self-inserting and getting powers and other goodies from different places.
>>
So Jumpers, what do you do when you have more than 8 companions?
>>
>>50607292
Ignore the companion limit.
>>
>>50607292
Regret having this much waifu, resolve to ignore the companion limit, end up only bringing way less than 8 out of the House of Mystery/Nomanisan Island/Etc to do shit during jumps.
>>
>>50606045
Are there multiple magic systems in Hero BBS that we can choose from? To put it another way, are there different types of Magician like how D&D has different types of spellcaster: wizards, sorcerers, mystics, warlocks, etc?
>>
File: jumpchain explained.png (14KB, 1900x98px) Image search: [Google]
jumpchain explained.png
14KB, 1900x98px
>>50607153
>>
>>50607153
Basically you do a jumpchain cyoa like >>50607255 and then do another one and keep all the abilities you bought and continue until you get bored or do one of the jumps that are meant to be used as an end to the jumpchain, like Gurren Lagann, Tenchi or DBZ.

Technically you're supposed to start with the Pokemon jump by Quicksilver as that was the very first jump made. Then you do supplements for the warehouse and body mod which give you additional stuff to take with you.
All of the jumps are in the google drive:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing
>>
>>50607324
There are quite a few but they don't go into much detail, the whole thing is just about the heroes shitposting on interdimensional 4chan.
>>
>>50607324
Pretty sure the Sage rewrites an entire world's magic system because it offended him with how much it sucked, I'm going to say there are probably lots of them.
>>
Sonic Classic updated! Guardian perkline completed (knock knock, is knuckles) and Conqueror outline drafted

Take a look!

Also, I'm thinking of offering replica Emeralds a la what Tails made in the later games. as the actual canon emeralds are capable of some stupid shit when you get down to it
>>
>>50607292
I only have eleven, so two are permanent part of the team (Lapis and the Clone from GUNNM), and I divided the rest into groups of three, and whatever two groups fit more are imported, while the last group gets a break on Nomanisan Island or my Animal Crossing Town, and can switch out with active companions at any time.
>>
>>50607153

Some super god called the Benefactor offers your character (usually a self-insert since it's the easiest, but other people fabricate their own from scratch) a deal, and if you take the deal, they then send your character on a multiversal adventure across different settings.

Each setting or "Jump" operates as its own CYOA where you can pick/purchase your origin (basically an incarnation of yourself in the world) Perks (powers, skills and abilities based on the setting) and Items (self-explanatory) using a point allotment received at the start of a Jump (usually 1000CP, though you can take Drawbacks to receive more points at the cost of varying challenges).

After your time in the world is up, you can either go home, stay in that world or move on to the next. Time is frozen in your homeworld and other worlds you've been too as you Jump, so you don't have to worry about "going missing" or something in your homeworld.

Everything you purchased carries over to your next Jump. Leftover points do not, neither do Drawbacks. It's part game, part writefag prompting due to the numerous settings people can visit and scenarios that can pop up in the process.
>>
>>50607417
Meh, Why would I waste points on weak replicas?
>>
>>50607449
>>
File: Bigduo3.jpg (29KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
Bigduo3.jpg
29KB, 480x320px
>>50605005
(James Cameron's Avatar) #163
-Background: Scientist (950CP) -Well here I am on Pan-FUCKING-Dora! Time to learn!
-Avatar (Free) -Study it, then take samples of an actual Na'Vi.
-Skills: Acrobatics (850CP) -It's a jungle. I'm gonna need a refresher.
-Skills: Piloting (750CP) -How did I even GET my license as a pilot? Whatever.
-Skills: Analytical (Free) -Time to study!
-Skills: Medicine (Free) -Time to be a doctor as well!
-Skills: Repair (700CP) (Discount) -And now I can succeed here.
-Skills: Archery (600CP) -BOOOOOWS. I have a sick bow!
-Skills: Melee (500CP) -And now I shall never go hungry.
-Exopack (Free) -Oh this will be so useful, you have no idea. JUST IN CASE.
-Standard Equipment: Avatar Gear (Free) -I'll at least look somewhat decent.
-Computer Tablet (Free) -Some extra tech may be nice.
-Link Shack (0CP) -The RDA can go fuck itself, I operate on my own!
Dice Rolls: Omaticaya Clan Territory, 30 years old
-End Choice: Next Adventure

Pointless posturing incoming because damn it if not here then when.

I'm sure a fair amount of people decided they were gonna bomb the shit out of the Navi and rip the Unobtanium from the ground. Not me, because the RDA were kind of dicks. So... I don't hold any loyalty to dicks? There's other ways to do it. So, what's gonna happen? Imagine the Na'Vi reaction to a human figure in black armor, smoke flowing from their feet and optics burning red. They not only know how to speak the language, but also understand how to mess with the technology the otherworlders possess. Introducing themselves as a demon spawned from humanity's greed and selfishness, dragged with them across the stars. They promise not to interfere with any of their customs... but will work to prevent their home from being destroyed. Using a giant fucking robot in order to do so.

Cue the song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clNe1IoVN0M
>>
File: 1391951568413.jpg (120KB, 800x1067px) Image search: [Google]
1391951568413.jpg
120KB, 800x1067px
>>50607515
It is a cyclic nature that drives Man to take what is in front of him. He reaches, reveling in what he has obtained, only to fall into the pits of fear upon convincing himself that it is not enough. This fear makes him search frantically for more of what he has found, and once he has achieved this short-sighted goal the cycle begins anew with a greater desire driving him.

But what will happen once his desires consume him? What will happen should the very thing he lusts for disappears into the unknown, consumed in a mindless frenzy? Yet Man never stops to think of this, for the fear that answer brings is one he refuses to confront. He convinces himself that there will always be more, and that it is his right to take what he seeks, blinded to what he does to the world around him.

Pull yourself away! Remember that this was not always your path! You once sought to preserve your world and care for the people who inhabited it, deeming it an intregral part of Humanity. Wake up from this cycle, and remember what you have forsaken for your ravenous greed! Open your eyes to what you have left behind!

Do not let your demons become your end.
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 8.png (78KB, 760x646px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 8.png
78KB, 760x646px
>>50607449
>Looks at the Fake Emerald I got from Sonic the Hedgehog Jump.
>Raises hand.
>>
>>50607255
Can the person you'd Sod the World for be a companion you're already in a relationship with? I figure she'd be ok with it, even if the rest of the world doesn't appreciate me doing crazy stuff to protect her.
>>
I'm generally a fan of body horror and pick up those kinds of perks whenever I get the chance,

But what possible perks or combination of perks would it take to pull off this kinda shit?
>>
>>50607449

1. CP insurance
2. You don't have to really go through a bunch of hoops for the actual thing and usually a weak replica will suffice.
>>
>>50607255
The description of the House of Mystery doesn't mention being able to let inactive companions roam around in it. It also has two 'final notes' in the description.
>>
>>50607571
Eh, sure. You're going full Yandere, though. Hope they like that.

>>50607635
Whoops.
>>
File: Chara_Render_By_Skodwarde.png (212KB, 476x656px) Image search: [Google]
Chara_Render_By_Skodwarde.png
212KB, 476x656px
Best evil perks?
>>
>>50607540
I said why, not who.

>>50607614
Suffice for what? There's better stuff out there without having to spend points. They're just an all around inferior object. Like trying to make your knife with copper when there's iron right there.
>>
>>50607292
Use sub companions to fill in the rest of the numbers.
>>
>>50607574
Shoggoth.
>>
File: 1380943877114.png (249KB, 743x476px) Image search: [Google]
1380943877114.png
249KB, 743x476px
>>50607695
Are finals already over, or did you just not bother since you're probably going to fail?
>>
>>50607574
Go to Skullgirls and get the perk to make your own parasites. Was this an unreleased character or something?
>>
File: Chara Friendship.jpg (887KB, 1074x1020px) Image search: [Google]
Chara Friendship.jpg
887KB, 1074x1020px
>>50607663
>You'll be Yandere...
Intreasting...

>>50607693
Oh we doing Undertale pics now? Cool, Murdertale best evil run.

>>50607695
Ah I wanted it for the Chaos Control I might figure out of it, time stop is something I like to have multiple layers of.
>>
>>50607719
I don't really see how my post is aggressive or insulting. He asked a question, I asked why. Someone followed up with their explanation, I posted my disagreement. You're going to have to tell me where I whined about nerfing or whatever the fuck you expected, or where I even asked to be able to buy the emerdoods at all.
>>
>>50607693
Pure Evil, No Pulp from ActRaiser.
Ungodly Soul from Shadow of the Colossus.
When You're Evil from Hero BBS.
>>
>>50606147
The jumper inn from basalisk lets your companions enter the world, but they can't leave the property of the inn.

Toriko has some sort of bird robot thing, IIRC, so they can be there by proxy. Xenoblade X might be able to pull something similar.

There's a perk in some gun based jump - tf2 or counterstrike or that halo show by roosterteeth - that bumps it up to 9, IIRC.

Thats all I can think of.
>>
>>50607663
The alternative drawback would mean I'd be a dick. Yandere she'd tolerate, but being a dick is right out.
>>
How does the perk sharing perk from Imaginary friends play with stacking perks?

Like, FISS and that charisma perk from harvest moon(?). You can theoretically buy them a few dozen times, so can I grant them to the same person endlessly?

If I recall, there probably wouldn't be a point to granting FISS more that 7 times due to diminishing returns, but being able to do so seem useful.
>>
>>50607769
Up to you to wank, since I have a feeling the original jumpmaker is gone. If you want to use it to stack perks infinitely go ahead, just don't stuff it down anyone's throat.
>>
>>50607769
I'd say that it just gives them what you purchased once, but I'm not the jumpmaker.
>>
>>50607732
If I recall correctly, that's Venus, goddess of the "space" half of spacetime.
>>
>>50607732
It's Venus, one of the trinity, she was one of the possible indiegogo characters. I'm pretty sure that all this freaky shit is a result of her own godlike parasite.

That being said, I don't know if even an artificial parasite would be capable of all this, maybe with out of jump genetic perks
>>
>>50607417
>some stupid shit when you get down to it
Such as?
>>
>>50607749
>When You're Evil from Hero BBS.
I want to combine this with the gamer jump sp badly.

I'll just stand there being a dick to people, and then all of a sudden -
>Oh hey, my dickishness made me level up to a new level of assholery! Whelp, of to kick puppies and steal candy from babies. For the exp, of course.
>>
>>50607794
>Venus
Tell me more.
>>
>>50607806
>gamer jump
That's a thing?
>>
>>50607820
on Spacebattles, yes.

Cthulhu and SJ-Chan double-team.
>>
Hey, grasping on to the tenuous strand of conversation about Undertale, anyone have any idea how to companion Chara? Like, is there a way to separate her(?) and Frisk without the wisps of her(?) soul disappearing into the ether?

Alternatively; any good ways to drive Frisk bugfuck homicidal insane?
>>
>>50607828
>SB

You mean the same people who think putting a fiat-block on DW tech was unjustified? No, fuck that.
>>
>>50607794
>>50607801
Cool. Wish she'd made it into the game as a playable character.
>>
>>50607828
Out of morbid curiosity I have to ask Link?
>>
>>50607745
You didn't really give me a reason other than "They're not STRONG enough"
when the full Emeralds are by canon damn near unlimited power
That's not just in-universe wank either, there's little we see them NOT capable of. Time Travel, Actual reality warping, infinite fonts of energy...Apologies if I see "well if they aren't the infinite stones of power they're useless" and go "well, I'm not sure I think your parameters for what's useless or not are skewed right".
Saying "there's better things out there in other jumps" is also gross interjump balance. By that logic I should bump up the superspeed to mach infinite or something because you can get the Speed Force in some way or form in other jumps
or that I should give you perfect technology understanding because any of the overhyped Worm powers exist

in the CONTEXT OF SONIC THE HEDGEHOG, even the replica emeralds are enough for 90% of what you'd use a Chaos Emerald for in most situations I.E energy source and a catalyst for the Super form.

The only reason, at least in my eyes, that they wouldn't be desirable in comparison to the real Emeralds is because you want something that is considered on par with the unlocked Infinity Stones on purchase or would rather just grab the real ones and leave if you're going to pull the "waste points" card

I.e "There's better things in other jumps" is not a valid reason for one thing to be bad in its own jump, get a better one. If you don't want to grab it, Whatever. But that reasoning alone doesn't really convince me that they're not a good idea.
>>
>>50607820
Technically it has been for a while now, but it was kind of shit so we ignored it. Cthulhu apparently helped a bit a while ago, and somebody liked a post about it or something, so he decided to take another whack at it.

Amazingly enough, after looking at it, I don't actually want the gamer power. The drop in tree is glorious. Just make sure to hit up monopoly first.
>>
>>50607818
All I know is her name, sorry.
>>
>>50607417
Please be nice with your drawbacks Digger-senpai. I'm already in the negatives from just the perks.
>>
>>50607695
Sometimes a cheap knockoff will do. You'd be surprised how far store brand can carry you.
>>
>>50607866
Later. I just recently purged my internet history after doing christmas shopping, but I'm pretty sure I can find it again in a bit.
>>
>>50607891
Thank you in advance then.
>>
>>50607868
Wow, who pissed in your cheerio's today?
>>
Quick question for any sience-y jumpers, how do (non-cp bought) modifications to your own biology work? Either through genetic modification or implants.

Do they carry over between forms or do they just kind of go away and come back when you return to that form?

Does your biology even allow those types of changes?

Do they function with bodily perks?

I'm just curious to know any stuff like that
>>
>>50607854
It's not even fiat-blocked. It just says the Doctor will kick you out of the TARDIS if you try it.
>>
>>50607842
Murder her.
>>
>>50607866
>>50607891
There's a link to a Gdoc on... God, where was it... Jumpchain thread, obviously... Page... 1040. ish. 1044? 1045? Somewhere around there.
>>
>>50607854
Pretty sure there was a post on SB where Cthulhu mentioned having to nerf things to fit /tg/ standards, so it's pretty much to be expected that unless he says explicitly that he's not going to post it in /tg/, the jump is for /tg/.
>>
>>50607868
I said I didn't see why someone would buy them. I didn't ask you to put in anything, not even the real emeralds. I just didn't see the point in the fake ones. That's a different issue entirely. It's an inquisitive question, not a demand, or suggestion. Don't act like it is and use that assumption to get offended.
>>
>>50607866
>>50607891
>>50607929
Here you go, senpaitachi https://docs.google.com/document/d/1B3lbpT-WVveTeHd0gIIkLHm9DxuEQ1_1zVJAi65ioaY/edit
>>
>>50607914

Fucking seriously?

It doesn't say "jump end" or "you won't be allowed to move on with this," it's just canonically The Doctor trying to prevent technology from getting where he feels it shouldn't? Like he does with SEVERAL of his human companions?

THIS is what gets people riled up about Doctor Who?
>>
>>50607934
>mentioned having to nerf things to fit /tg/ standards

kek. What?

He hasn't even posted anything for review yet.
>>
>>50607950
Anon.

Anon calm down.
>>
>>50607934
People try to do this to him for some reason. New Bleach is this way because he KNOWS we won't accept it, and GH is that way because he KNOWS we won't accept it.

Asshole anons take this to mean that everything he makes is this way. Which, unless said claim is paired with a pic related of him actually saying so, should not be believed.
>>
>>50607868
Not him and I don't really agree with it but a more reasonable argument for anon's position is that it would be easy enough, for a jumper at least, to get their hands on the real ones. This would make buying them a poor choice as the real thing can be acquired with effort instead of far more valuable CP.
>>
>>50607804

let me count the ways

>Super transformation: invincibility, super strength, unlimited flight, control of chaos energy which can do the following shit
>Time control and time travel with at least 2
>Instant unlimited teleportation with at least one or two
>Reviving the deceased
>Various abilities to tear open rifts in time and space to do basic attacks a la Sonic Battle
>using said Time/space regression to heal wounds or create barriers
>Infinite fonts of power. Literally their stated ability is to transform thoughts into power

Even if we only count classic feats, it is already said/given that the Emeralds could transform thought to power here

>>50607883
I'll see what I can do. I've still got items to think of here
>>50607889
As mentioned in my earlier post, for 90% of what is unique about emeralds is preserved in the replicas. They even let you do chaos control and similar if you know how to use it already, technically. Plus, yeah, super mode
>>
>>50607866
>>50607929
Here it is.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1B3lbpT-WVveTeHd0gIIkLHm9DxuEQ1_1zVJAi65ioaY/edit

It's actually pretty good.
>>
>>50607955
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/general-jumpchain-thread.393563/page-1123#post-28780925
There's some other stuff too, but it's easier if you just track his posts. The review gdocs was being circulated around by a few people
>>
>>50608007
see >>50607948
>>
>>50607842

My best bet is to make them a body their soul can inhabit, since souls need a physical object, either a body, inanimate object, or a flower to inhabit.

You'd probably be more successful at it than Alphys was, come to think of it, if you don't use Monster Dust to make the body for them to inhabit.
>>
>>50607979
My argument isn't even about being able to get the emeralds. There wasn't much of an argument until he started throwing accusations, I made a statement that I didn't see the point. I, as a jumper, wouldn't spend points on an item that is quickly outclassed and can be lost. I'd spend my points on perks which have wider or more esoteric uses and will be longer lasting even if weak since they can stack. Then I'd just pick up a better energy source elsewhere. So, as a jumpmaker, I wouldn't include them as items. That's really the source of my opinion. I don't care for and never asked to be able to buy the real emeralds. Not once.

>>50607994
>Ignoring my actual post.
And this makes me think you just WANTED to get offended.
>>
>>50607955
I assume it's not finished then?
>>
>>50608019
For someone who only has an opinion you're really trying to push it, fampai.
>>
>>50608043
How dare he try to explain himself huh? He should totally just roll over and accept all the shit and accusations
>>
>>50608043
No, I'm posting it in full to dispel any misconceptions about what I think, what I wanted, and what my goals are. You'll notice that you didn't even get this spiel about my opinion until after several accusations which then REQUIRED me to post it.
>>
>>50608013
I should have refreshed the page after searching for the link. Main things I want from it is the Magic Maker perk and the evolving skills thing.
>>
>>50608007
The drop in tree. GLORIOUS.

I mean, it's almost wholey item and money based, but i've been thinking about doing a chain based around money perks, so I fucking love it.

Money powered reality warping.
>>
>>50608007
He's going to have a lot of problems once the real story arc shows up, and a lot of the fluff that he's using is pretty much going out of date extremely fast as the author retcons some of the existing material to suit the new stuff, like creating Gods, the powers of the Old Ones, the Gamer's ability having shifting boundaries, other Gamers, and so forth.

The "top" abilities that he's using right now have also been confirmed to be pretty low tier, since a new faction of God Slayers has shown up with the real story arc starting off. Presumably he's going to have to update the document accordingly, or he's just going to say "I'm going to ignore this, as well as the other three universes the Gamer is tied to".

For a person who doesn't actually follow the Gamer this looks fine, but that could honestly be said about every jump that either him or SJ has made.
>>
>>50608052
Just like the jumpmaker should accept what he's being told at face value and let anon dictate what he place in his jump. Which is "something actually useful and not worthless."
>>
>>50608019
Do you buy items? Ever? Do you think items are only worth CP when they're explicitly better than anything like them you can get in the setting?

Seems you have a disagreement with a particular part of jumpchain, and unfortunately you're running into people getting aggressive about an attack on a jump when you're really just stating your thoughts on a facet of the chain in general.
>>
>>50608066
What three other universes?
>>
>>50607906
Typically I house rule they do keep with each form unless I don't want them too. (Although I use magic to smooth out any funky weird biology stuff that could happen--I've spent a good portion of jumps just mastering and experimenting with magic for this purpose.)
>>
>>50607417
I don't really think you should add replica emeralds since those were in later sonic games and would probably fit much better in the theoretical modern sonic jump.

However since you're basing drop in off dummies out content the 8th debug emerald from s3&k or the extra one from sonic the fighters would be a good replacement in my opinion
>>
>>50608078
Again you come back to accusations. Is the concept of 'middle ground' just impossible to you?
>>
>>50607904
It's a lil annoying when you're trying to make a decent jump and you're getting the impression that the marker for quality is "what does this give me that is more powerful than whatever other jumps give"
I had a similar issue when I heard someone say "I wouldn't buy any superspeed perk below mach 10" in another thread because my only thought is "Then don't jump it, or don't buy the perk?"
It kinda communicates that your interest in the jump or what you get is only tied to if it's better than anything else you can get.
It's not necessarily the anon's fault, I just kinda took it wrong because of tiny bits and pieces that make it kinda hard to get motivated for a jump that I feel nobody's gonna give a shit about when I'm done

Already happened with Endless Frontier

>>50607938

Yeah, yeah. I kinda blew it out of proportion a bit. It just DID kinda feel like an implied "There's nothing in this jump worth taking"
and it just smacked of entitlement to things that are powerful and unique rather than just saying "I don't see the point"
You're right, it isn't a demand for anything, but it does imply that the only other thing emeralds are needed for(i.e Super form, and one of the capstones interacts with said form) would be covered by the canon emeralds
which in turn implies they're grabbable for out of jump purposes
which I plan for them not to really be for reasons I've outlined earlier
>>
>>50608111

...Oh, man, you're right. That'd work a lot better for this.
>>
So, I was looking through the new F/SN jump and found this:

> 400 - I Am The Bone Of My Sword
>-One thing. The very core of your being. Something to base your whole life around. For Shirou Emiya, it was Swords. For you? Perhaps something else. You'll find yourself innately understanding the idea you choose, even letting you understand other concepts a bit easier if you can frame it in the context of what you chose. More importantly, you're an absolute genius when it comes to magic based around this one thing. Shirou Emiya, an otherwise poor quality Magus, was able to use magic that approached the level of True Magic when relating to swords. It took him being in a rather unique situation, where usually it would still take years to achieve, but he did what would have been impossible for most Magi.
>You are on the same level with your chosen idea. When related to that idea, your magic will be many times stronger, many times easier to use and many times easier to learn or create, though the broader the concept is from 'Sword' the lesser the effect will be. Careful to not lose yourself in your own ideal.

Is there anything stopping me from choosing "magic" and becoming so amazing at everything that I may as well be a god?
>>
>>50608078
Nobody is trying to dictate anything. Only state opinions. Is dissent a vicious attack now? Not even dissent really, that word is too harsh for a two sentence query.

>>50608084
I buy items when they are unique or aesthetic, mainly.

And no, I'm not in any disagreement about any fundamental aspect of jumpchain. I didn't see the point in something, so I stated that. A very, very harmless post. Nobody is being attacked. If they perceive it as such, that's just rampant paranoia.

Essentially what is happening is that the shitposter isn't around for you people to complain about, so you're trying to warp the first post you can twist into MAYBE sorta being like something he said once into a facsimile of him so you have something to be angry at.

>>50608116
You projected something I never said onto me and then used it as an attack. I shouldn't have to dissect all the problems with this.
>>
>Latest chapter of the gamer
Did he just pull a phoenix wright on a fucking god?
>>
>>50608145
The fact that the broader the concept, the less it is boosted?
>>
>>50608145
The notes I'm putting in the end of the jump probably will yes, given they deal specifically with that, but if you didn't want to wait, you could always actually read the second last sentence of the perk.

There may in fact, be a reason it's a WIP.
>>
>>50608084
Not him but this is a good topic in general.

Jumpers, do you prefer items or perks? I can think of a few good arguments for either of option but which do you prefer and why?
>>
>>50608113
Not in this argument, but dude. Have you even been here long?

Even without the shitposters driving shit to factionalism, arguments here always seem to gravitate towards an Us vs Them.

>>50608145
Hey Spacebattles.
>>
>>50608152
Dude, he apologized about it and you're still going on all prissy faced and acting like the offended one. Are you sure you're not the problem here?
>>
>>50608145

>-though the broader the concept is from 'Sword' the lesser the effect will be.
>>
>>50608152

You shouldn't and nobody is asking you to.

Do you have anything else to say about it or was that the extent of it?
>>
>>50608145
Did you read the perk?
>the broader the concept is from 'Sword' the lesser the effect will be
>>
>>50608162
Perks, because they let me make or steal items anyway and are much easier to stack.
>>
>>50608161
It's mostly Spacebattles cross-posting.
>>
>>50608145
Why did you take the time to separate the part that would prevent that from the rest of the perk?
>>
>>50608162

Companions
Because you'd be surprised how many jumps give drawbacks that remove your abilities and items but never touch your companions
>>
>>50608162
Perks usually. Unless it's something I can't get any other way I'd rather just get or make it myself
>>
>>50608193
Because anything that causes a net loss in power is ignored in the other forum.
>>
>>50608173
There wasn't an apology and I don't expect one. I'm just miffed at this point and making it very clear what caused this.

>>50608179
No, I don't. If we ever could have had a productive discussion that opportunity has been utterly destroyed.
>>
>>50608145
While the broader it is the lesser the effect I still have to admit I'd be tempted to choose magic just because it'd be thematic for my jumper. Magic is awesome.
>>
>>50608092
Maze Age Z is an isekai in the same verse where a boy is dragged off into a parallel verse, but later finds that there might be a metastable connection given that he's presumably in the body of somebody existing in that world, and his own body is awol. It has a tie in to the Gamer due to timeline, and the Gamer's reveals in the later chapters of the prologue that there are Deities and individuals capable of creating dimensions on the order of universes given sufficient worship. The current battle against the New God Arc Company for example, is within the world that Arc Company created. The "Maze" in question in Maze Age Z appears to be tied conceptually to the Arc Company's Great Labyrinth, so we're waiting for some lore explanation on that.

Wizardly Tower is either a parallel verse, or a very early prequel, set in the time when Gods used to be pretty common, but in the current timeline there's only one God (who happens to be MC). Except in the latest chapters the other gods are starting to come back. The timeframe for this setting seems to be somewhere within Industrial Revolution, but again, as with all of Sung San-young's works, getting him to do any sort of worldbuilding is so tough that you might as well wait for 100 to 200 chapters to figure out why he introduced this universe.

Life Howling is the last of his little interconnected worlds project thing that he's doing, and as far as I know it's currently on hiatus. It introduces the White Room however, which is apparently tied to every single universe so far like a hub world. Until we get some sort of clarification as to what the White Room's true nature is, we don't know where Life Howling is supposed to be placed. The time frame is also modern Seoul, and MC's ability is basically Proto-Gamer.

The Gamer is his most advanced piece of work so far, but even that isn't saying much. He drops hints and shit about how this is all part of some project, and no one has a clue whether he's bluffing or not.
>>
>>50608162
Perks, but i'll get items if they are extremely cool (House of Mysteries) or I need something CP insured for an enchanting/"insert other method of upgrading here" project. Wouldn't want my efforts to go to waste after all.
>>
File: salty salt salt.jpg (32KB, 500x485px) Image search: [Google]
salty salt salt.jpg
32KB, 500x485px
>>50608220
>>
>>50608208
No, but why? The fact that he knew exactly what to separate clearly shows that he knows that it wouldn't work, so why even ask?
>>
File: 895.jpg (41KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
895.jpg
41KB, 554x439px
>>50608220
Well, alright then.
Again, I was wrong to take it as a criticism of the jump itself. But alright
>>
>>50608162

Usually I prefer perks to make stuff, but I need the stuff and the cp insurance is really good since I'm bad at keeping track of my stuff, and sometimes you just can't make the stuff you want (like UG Cells), so...both?

If I really had to choose, perks. But I'd buy digger's weak chaos emeralds because it feels wrong to steal unique items for my own use, and Sonic needs those chaos emeralds to go super sonic...
>>
>>50608220
Jesus, other guy's right. You are a salty fuck.
>>
>>50608222

This has me wondering something. Wouldn't "magic" probably just result in spells to interfere with other spells?
>>
>>50608264
Out of curiosity, about how powerful would someone with a Human Soul, Magnifying Magic, and Fire Magic's Magic be in Undertale?
>>
>>50608252
>>50608275
Yes. Justified salt after having to go through an accusation shame parade, but yes. I can acknowledge when something gets under my skin.
>>
>>50608162
Perks. Generally because even if I don't take drawbacks, I like to prepare for the worst, which is generally something along the lines of getting stripped naked, tortured, and thrown into a ravenous pit of demons with nothing but the chains that bind me.
>>
File: TKOMsSF.png (40KB, 1352x1000px) Image search: [Google]
TKOMsSF.png
40KB, 1352x1000px
How do I Sun?
>>
>>50608312
Dark Souls 1 has the perk.
>>
>>50608312
>inb4 solars jump when?
>>
Jump 217: Captain N
>The Hierophant, reversed: Inflexible and dogmatic thinking. A calcified old regime.
Well, that certainly fits. Video game logic, even if you take away the Saturday Morning aspect of it, is still video game logic.
>Age: 12
>Location: Megaland
>Identity: Drop-In
>Drawbacks: A Time of Heroes (0), The Console War (+200), Sworn eNemy (+300)
As I said, we're taking away the campiness. Which means someone is going to take an interest in me, because I don't belong, and will be gunning for me. Also, we're adding Sega for extra fun- wait, what do you mean Genesis does what Nintendon't? Can't we all just get along?
>You Stop That (Free, Drop-In)
It won't see as much use as it would if I hadn't taken A Time of Heroes, of course, but it's still a thing - people are going to be idiots, telling them to not be idiots is helpful.
>Trust Me (1400, Drop-In)
I wonder if Dr. Wily will believe that I'm on his side and doing what he does?
>The Glitchmaster (1100, Drop-In)

D̰̣͋͂̆͛̉ͪ̒͛̂ͅo̟͍̳̊́̒ ̝̺͎̭̜͇̟͍ͨ̔n̗͖͈ͣ͂͐̔ͣ̉̚o͇͒̾͆͛̾͂̔̂̐t̺̲̳̥̪͔͖̲̏ ͖͇ͬ̊a̲̭̾ͦͬd̬̼͐̒͗͂̐̑̾͋j̜͍̹ͣ̊̇̃͛ṷ̭̔̑s̑ͯͦ͌ͯͩͅt̮̦̣̞̮̖̍ ͕̭̜̻̺̣̼͖ͧ̄͋̑̇͋̈y̮̖̦̻̻̯̫͉̐̃͂̐ͤͫo̜̫̝̲̝̤͍̓ͪ̑ͣŭ̺͇̭ͮ̄ͤͩͫr̤̬̟ͣ͒̎ͤ̔̃̏ͅ ͕̗͙̲̹̘̪̌̈͋̅ͧ̌̑c̣̘̙̣͋̽ͯ͐o̙͖̼̙̱̗̽̍͛͊n͖ͣͧͯs̠̯ͨ̓ͯͫ͂͂ȍ͇͍́̏̐̾̄ͭ̂l̝̥̝͚̑ͬ̽͌ͪͣ̈́ȇ͈̹͕͎͉͒̃ͪ̅̊̿̏.͎̺̫̱̎ͤ̑̉͆̋ Everything is fine. Also we're going to play "the floor is lava". ...no, the floor is now literally lava, don't step on it.
>>
>>50608286
No, shitty salt when someone actually apologizes and you hiss and cunt about how "You can never have polite discourse".

Fuck off.
>>
>>50608312
Jump Boktai, Become a Judgment in Fallen London, then a Page or Heir of Light in Sburb.
>>
>>50608323
>By the Pixel (1000)
Adapting rapidly to changes in the local laws of physics is important!
>Warp Zone Wazoo (400)
Another method of teleporting. I like this one though, I can bring more people with me, and as long as I don't push myself too hard I can get plenty of utility out of it. Should be entertaining. And the post-spark reward looks nice too, I'll be enjoying that sometime down the line.
>Always Hiring (300)
Unpaid interns? Pff, we'll make sure they get letters of reference and access to the coffee machine at the least!
>The J Team (0)
Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends.

The shenanigans I am going to get up to when I combine what I got in Kid Radd with what goes on here, since everyone (except Kevin Keene and possibly Princess Lana) is explicitly a video game character... will be interesting.

And by interesting, I mean I am going to troll. the. FUCK. out of the villains.

I'm really not going to be more complex than that in my plans, I'm just going to screw with everyone absolutely relentlessly. And occasionally side with them only to have Mother Brain curse my sudden but inevitable betrayal.

Wait, she doesn't sound like Audrey II. Crap, maybe I shouldn't have taken A Time of Heroes after all. ...nah, still going to troll her, it's still funny.
>>
>>50608283

...Let's break this down

>Undertale magic is borne of the SOUL
>This is why Boss Monsters have a really powerful ones cause they have souls strong enough to persist after life
>Human SOULS are the strongest thing in setting and seem to exist indefinitely after death
>Magnifying magic boosts magic by a noticable amount
>Fire Magic is fire magic

...I can't give you a solid number on what that's like
but I will say it is miles above anything anyone in homestuck displays, with possibly the SOLE exception of Omega Flowey
A vast amount of power and control over fire'll be yours, for sure
>>
>>50608326
>Apologises
Don't lie. Digger hasn't said 'sorry' once.
>>
>>50608157
Arc Company is a "freshborn" God, so it's technically not as strong as some of the other Gods out there. It's very likely that part of the reason why it didn't bother pushing the point against Jee Han was because in the grand scheme of things, Pres is insignificant, compared to what could happen if the Harem King got involved, and the level of conflict escalated to a point where other Gods had to get drawn in.

So far everything has been leading up to "a God" showing up, and Arc Company fulfilled that criteria. It's probably up to the next 5 - 10 chapters to see how quickly Dan Ui Moon realizes what they're actually up against, and whether they have a countermeasure or not.

This is the kind of shit that makes me wonder if the Gamer should be rushed to completion right now, since it's pretty critical to the worldbuilding of this universe, but there's nothing in the document to suggest that this is even a plausible threat or that it might happen. I'm assuming that Cthulhu keeps up to date with all of Sung San-young's works, so he should at least know what he's working with, but it isn't uncommon to have a Korean manhwa stretch far into the triple digits just to reveal more and more plot points.
>>
>>50608326
Cunt is not a verb. Try whine, bitch, scream, moan, complain, or cry.
>>
>>50608335
Jump 218: Captain SNES
>Nine of Swords (Cruelty), reversed: Attempting to avert a shameful or regrettable act.
By 'a shameful act' I basically mean most of the Captain SNES plot because it's stupid and I want it to not be stupid.
>Identity: Drop-In
>Drawbacks: Halcyon Days (0)
So my trolling of villains (and, to a much lesser degree, basically everyone) is remembered. How nice.
>Can't Catch Me (Free, Drop-In)
And it's definitely not just because I've got a thousand eyes wandering around Videoland. Hey, someone's got to keep an eye on things.
>That Damn Jumper! (700, Drop-In)
You know, I just realized I've based my build around basically being able to see everything while nothing can see me (blending in, immunity to scrying, immunity to precognition, etc). That's a little too amusing.
>A Small Bell (Free, Drop-In)
Nice little souvenier. Why not?
>Mega Net (500, Drop-In)
Having anonymous, high-speed internet from basically anywhere is rather useful.
>All There In The Manual (300)
While clairvoyance could probably give me the same if I wanted it, there's just something more useful about having it in black and white if I want to read it. Or want to pass it to someone else so they know what the heck is going on.
>Making Friends In All The Wrong Places (0)
Hey, I still have companions. I'm not going to leave them behind.

So, wait. Eyes of the Seer, do they actually fly around Videoland, or just its internet? I'm not clear on that.

Either way, clairvoyance rocks. Because I'm going to find Alex, track him down, and train him how to pull his shit together and be a proper gamemaster. Everything that progresses from that is just going to be a matter of the butterfly effect.
>>
Change log
More fluff around companions
More drawbacks Remember Tay
Ending page
Added some notes, but can't think of anything else. Ask questions and I'll add stuff.

As far as content goes this is it unless people suggest things to add. Typeface is also wrong because I'm doing it on my laptop but that will be fixed when it's properly imaged.

I've done a bit of editing too, but I undoubtedly missed stuff so let me know if you notice the myriad of typos left in there.
>>
>>50608346

> I was wrong to take it as a criticism of the jump itself.

>It's not necessarily the anon's fault, I just kinda took it wrong because of tiny bits and pieces that make it kinda hard to get motivated for a jump that I feel nobody's gonna give a shit about when I'm done

If you need to hear the words: Sorry, You had a point and I blew up for no reason.
>>
>>50608336
>miles above anything anyone in homestuck displays, with possibly the SOLE exception of Omega Flowey

Everything alright up there, cap'n?
>>
>>50608007
Well shit it is actually pretty decent, not great mind you and it will have to be updated as the series moves forward but this a decent jump.
>>
>>50608286
Your mistake was in your opening comment, when you described it as wasteful and weak. I'm not a big fan of soft-balling criticism, but if you've been here for any period of time beyond a week, you should have some idea of the vitriol directed towards Jumpmakers, and you probably should've thought more before posting. Alternatively, you could also have avoided people lashing out at you by apologizing and restating your criticism with more respectful wording.
>>
>>50608326
I'm supposed to instantly get over it and what everyone else said just because he said he was mistaken? That's not how emotions work.
>>
>>50608351
Depends on where he reads it, I guess. I read it at webtoon, which is the 'official' place to do so, and clicking on both the author and the artist's name showed this as their singular work.

So while I hope he does, it's entirely possible he doesn't.
>>
>>50608370
...oh fucking
I don't know why I did that
I need a damn drink

>>50608367
not sure if it's cause I'm tired but the font actually kind hurts to look at
I have the exact opposite problem that one anon had, then
an 8-bit font looks much better for this to me, for some reason
>>
>>50608388
Wouldn't that make you more confused?

Also, that Conqueror capstone, good lord. I want it. I want it now.
>>
>>50608369
That one wasn't me. This is >>50608383 .

I don't generally ask for apologies because they make me feel demanding or like a prima donna.
>>
>>50608383
Get over it? Nah, you don't have to.

Stop being a salty cunt spewing your salt all over /tg/? Goddamn right. Stop acting like a fucking child.
>>
>>50608388
You have to be tired
Serif typefaces are specifically designed to be easier to read.
>>
>>50608276
I suppose it would let you do a bit of meta magic stuff. I think there are canon fate spells that enhance others anyway.
>>
>>50608372
It's a bit perk heavy, with almost 8 complere perk trees amongst four origins. The next chapter appears to have a godkilling sword, and the one after that has it's wielder talk to the chubimoon, so that could be a good item.
>>
>>50608162
I'd rather have better items than better perks. More so if we're talking about this as far as jump design goes. In terms of jump choices you're very rarely going to find items flat out beating perks, just because the culture around here is made so that items really don't matter too much. If a jump has good perks, people are willing to overlook the items even if they're bad. If a jump has bad perks, people won't tolerate it, even if the items are good. It's just the way things are.

Personally since I don't give a shit about power or vanity, perks don't do too much for me. Get a couple to pad out the foundation, and it's pretty much smooth sailing the rest of the way.
>>
>>50608312

>Be the Demigod of a Sun God (Percy Jackson)
>Eat the Light Soul (Dark Souls)
>Gross Incandescence and Praise the Sun (Dark Souls)
>Solar Powered (Young Justice)
>Light My Way (Kingdom Hearts)
>Lumen Sage (Bayonetta)
>Aspect (League of Legends)
>Boktai
>Be a Libriomancer Sorcerer with sunlight as your medium
>>
>>50608395

I'm a punk-ass bitch so I meant a Dr. Pepper.
Oh yeah, that's definitely a big ticket item.
I'm planning on a future-based Capstone known as the "Power of Generations", which'll give future-based boosts. Freedom Fighter'll get a homing attack, Mach 15 speed, and the drop dash along whatever else I think will balance it. It depends on how strong the other abilities end up being, but Underdog will get some tech skills a la the Good Future stuff in CD that works with nature instead of against it, Drop-in will probably be able to at-will enter the Bonus Stage as well as shift and create custom stages within the Bonus Stage, and Conqueror...well, I'll figure out what to do. Maybe something involving seeking out and utilizing other great evils as power sources.
>>
>>50608404
There wouldn't be any more replies if you didn't feel the need to antagonize.

>>50608381
I feel that being restricted from using certain words, especially in what's framed as very light disagreement, is essentially crippling our ability to communicate with each other. It's essentially letting our problem children control our discourse just because they've used similar words to shitpost.

However, I'm never going to apologize for someone innocent because someone else got offended due to a misconception. There's nothing on my end to apologize for in such case.
>>
>>50608312
For things that haven't been mentioned:

Narnia.

Alan Wake has some good light shit, too.
>>
>>50608385
With SB pushing him to finish it by the end of this month or whatever their silly deadline was, he better expect to start updating it regularly, because so far it looks like the Gamer is following a Tower of God style of escalation.

Otherwise they can keep in on SB's drive, and let people here make a better jump when the plot actually stabilizes. Granted, most people probably just want the setting for the Gamer powers, and don't really give a shit about the actual world itself, so maybe there's merit to just shoving the jump onto both drives asap.
>>
>>50608446
Pretty sure you're being baited, m80.
>>
>>50608464
It's always possible. It's also possible he was one of the people accusing me at the beginning. It's hard to know.
>>
>>50608434
Maybe something like an ancient evil appearing in a setting where it didn't exist before? Like, one ancient evil that you have to find and take control of, more work for a better pay off? Or maybe just having ancient evils actually be grateful and loyal for you bringing them back or something?
>>
>>50608489
Isn't that more after Sonic Adventures?
>>
>>50608458
Honestly, from the looks of things, he could call it done NOW and it would be pretty good. But he hasn't released it as such, beyond the doc link for review over there.

...maybe it's supposed to be a Christmas gift to us/sb or something?
>>
>>50608492
Digger said Generations, so I assume it's based on Sonic Generations? With that thing, the...Time Eater, I think it's called, that the Eggmen took control of?
>>
>>50608458
To be fair as a fan of the comic I really just want to get that power; even if I had to load up on drawbacks, ignore better options, and walk away with nothing other than this power I would be fine with that because I simply love the concept of it.
>>
>>50608367
Is the "Veteran of a the psychic wars" perk's title deliberately written with "a the", mashing the song's title and opening line?
>>
>>50608507
This, Xenogears, Cthulhu Saves the World, and Fantastic Beasts I guess?
>>
>>50608510

It's more of a generic "Future-based power", for example Guardians will be able to generate some ambient chaos energy by themselves. Generations is just an easy way to say that

something like "Good Future/Bad Future" might work since Sonic CD but I have no idea how to make that sound as catchy as Generations

>>50608489
that is a STRONG idea. It also fits with how Robotnik/Eggman keeps finding these things without any real foreshadowing on their existence
apparently it's genetic too, if you take Shadow the Hedgehog is canon
of all the scientists to find an outside-context source of power for his ultimate life form, it had to be Eggman's grandpappy.
>>
>>50608510
Not really? Spyro's doing that I think.
>>
>>50608544
I prefer fantastic beats
>>
>>50608534
No
Contrary to popular belief I do make mistakes.
>>
>>50608516
Ditto.

I haven't even read the manga, but I want to go to the Matrix, use the Seed from SAO to create an AR game, then go inside it with the Gamer powers. Then I'll be a human made into a video game character in a movie where I'm a human who's in a virtual world inside of a virtual world.
>>
>>50608564
Who doesn't?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxcKNs8R9AE
>>
>>50608544
Okay, I have to ask-no other SB writer has gotten this much attention. Why do you chucklefucks insist on trying to push his work in particular so much?
>>
>>50608367
What do the nanomachines/swarms mentioned in the intro and notes actually do?
>>
Update 1.6 Holy Shit I'm Alive Edition.

Figured I'd finally post the update I've been slowly messing around with for months since people were talking about the jump.
>>
>>50608516
If he really wanted to run the popularity contest he could probably just make the Gamer powers free for everyone and there'd still be plenty of people arguing for it and against it.
>>
>>50608586
There's someone who thinks they can use him as bait and to get us rallied against him/SB because he's making content.

He also broke the rules twice and shitposters flaunted that in our face to shitpost.
>>
>>50608550
No no, the perk is named Generations-never mind, apparently I was wrong anyway >>50608546. Speaking of:

>>50608546
Eggman's tendency to stumble upon ancient evils is hilarious, and I can't help but wonder if Maria would have gone down the same path of ancient evil finding as her grandfather and cousin. Though given the kind of person she was, she would have probably tried to befriend them instead.

Also, if we're going into Bad Future stuff, if you don't like the Ancient Evil idea you could have a perk that helps with building evil empires/dystopias like the one seen in Sonic CD's bad futures.
>>
>>50608589
Changelog?
>>
>>50608589
Changelog?
>>
>>50608589
Changelog?
>>
>>50608544
Eh, last time I saw it, Cstw only had perks. Probably unlikely on that front. And the only thing we know about FB at all is that Cthulhu wants the suitcase.

Probably just gamer.
>>
>>50608589
I don't mean to be rude by asking this but... What exactly is different?
>>
File: 0134.jpg (57KB, 600x550px) Image search: [Google]
0134.jpg
57KB, 600x550px
>>50608610
>>50608613
>>50608621
I have no idea.
>>
>>50608605
Honestly, depending on how you read Shadow
He /was/ the powerful being she found and proceeded to befriend

I most certainly DO like the Ancient Evil idea. Perhaps something along the lines of being able to bring ruin to the world while still profiting off of it despite said Ancient Evils or similar things doing backlash against you?
>>
File: c====3.gif (337KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
c====3.gif
337KB, 500x367px
>>50608588
I'm not actually sure

They don't stop riots because there's a riot in the story.
And they don't stop crime because "Crime is rife" or some such shit.
Supposedly they monitor your conversations and positioning but like I said, if it was effective crime would be eliminated.

I think it was just a bad idea that resulted in genetically modified cat girls for domestic ownership.
>>
>>50608589
Got a question for you--does Tsundachi have a soul?
>>
>>50608642
What did you change?
>>
>>50608642
Why does the library that costs 200 have less knowledge than the Sage who can be made a companion for 100?
>>
>>50608586
I wouldn't say anyone is pushing it exactly more that they just want The Gamer jump.
>>
>>50608586
It isn't all him? Fantastic Beast, Cthulhu Saves the World are his. The Gamer is his and SJ's joint project. SJ is working on Xenogears. We're just pointing out what projects they've taken on and committed to finishing.

If they work on popular, high end projects, they're going to get attention. The Gamer abilities have a lot of utility, and Xenogears has a lot of very strong mechanics options, so it's only normal that they're higher profile than other jumps.

And there's really no sense to calling them SB writers when all of their jumps except for Nu Bleach are made for tg. It just feels like you're deliberately trying to ostracize them at this point. Both of them have made as many jumps as most jumpmakers here, if not more.
>>
>>50608642
>meet-up
Huh, that's cool. Was that a thing before?
>>
>>50608649
...advertising, probably?
It /is/ a city where corporations seem to have more sway than any actual official authorities, being a tax haven and whatnot

could be that they're there but the nanos are only used for targeted advertisements
>>
>>50608660
I will point out that cthulhu at least, does not hang out here unless he's dropping something. Or someone calls him, like they did for handing of FGO to val.
>>
>>50608674
>5% fatal rejection rate for a metadata collector
[Urge to light up the night intensifies]
>>
>>50608634
He's been focusing on Gamer because a few of the folks at SB have been urging for him to finish it soon, but then a few days back or something he started asking for input on CStW again, so I really have no clue. It's hard keeping up to date with either of them since we're not on at the same times.

Xenogears from the WIP I have looks like it's gotten a little bit more work, so maybe we'll be lucky and SJ will put that out around the same time too.
>>
>>50608648
So something like Sonic Unleashed, where Eggman woke up Dark Gaia, destroyed the world, and built Eggmanland? Could work, though you'd obviously need an ancient evil to do so. Hmm, maybe a perk that you can toggle before each jump where an ancient evil either does or does not come into existence, and from there you have to work to harness its' power, the stronger it being the more people will be concerned about it and the more difficult it would be to control it?
>>
>>50608655
Because you can learn magic from the library without having to access Sage. So if you don't buy Sage as a companion then you can learn enough space-time magic to make it on your own.

>>50608651
Nnnyes.
>>
>>50608642
At least post what you know. How are we supposed to judge this update without picking over every single line?
>>
>>50608691
that sounds about right for what is meant to be a dystopian hellhole city
mandatory disregard for life in the name of profits, wot wot
>>
>>50608691
>>50608649
What, do they turn people into catgirls too or is it like a taxoplasmosis thing where it just fucks up your brain and makes you crazy?
>>
>>50608642
>Seriously no one ever picks this option—why do I still bother offering this?

No potatoes, pls. I already ate.
>>
>>50608662
It was in the last version I remember.
I think the new things are:
>Demon Castle (400cp, Discount Demon Lord):
>The meet up has been expanded on.
>The Long Haul has had the strength of the last demon clarified
>Bonded Swords and Tsundachi have been expanded on
Not sure what else.
>>
>>50608749

>Cat Boomer The nanobots initially introduced to control the population of Glitch City had a side effect in about 5% of the population, in that they died. Children identified with Nanobot Rejection Syndrome undergo prenatal gene therapy to eliminate it, if their parents could afford it. Children with these alterations grow up with feline ears which became very much in fashion. You were either cured of Nanobot Rejection Syndrome or had very vain parents. Either way you've got cat ears.
>>
>>50608589
How much faster do Heroes grow than Demon Lords?
>>
>>50608711
>so maybe we'll be lucky and SJ will put that out around the same time too.
We've got someone here who took the Xenogears claim. We don't need her "glorious vision" pushing more meta perks.
>>
>>50607842
Jump SBURB as a Thief or Rogue of Heart. You get the ability to move souls around to other bodies.
>>
>>50608610
>>50608613
>>50608621
>>50608755
Here's a diff https://draftable.com/compare/OnNFztRPhrQpGptg
>>
>>50608765
Alright. We don't have any protection from that, do we? And even if we did, your jump basically infects all of us with malicious nanomachines, no save. Nobody can trust these things not to be doing something untoward and nobody wants that privacy invasion regardless. It's like pokemon having a mandatory webcam prosthetic inserted into your penis.
>>
>>50608680
>does not hang out here
Why does this even matter anymore? Many of the jumpmakers who make stuff don't post here regularly or don't trip. You get what, four or five of them who do? There are plenty of jumpmakers who are exactly like cthulhu and only show up to drop off a jump.

If the jump is good, it'll be accepted. I'm not seeing any negative comments about the Gamer jump so far, so what's the real issue here? I see people pointing out things like this about SB folks all the time, but somehow they get jumps made still, and the jumps still go on the drive fine.The end result is still the same.
>>
>>50608589
Changelog made by comparing the file on the drive with this one:
Spelling & grammar fixes.
Notice Me Senpai! expanded a fair bit.
Mmm, Delicious Evil had the Mmm dropped and examples changed. Some expansion on the scenting evil stuff too.
There's lots of examples changed, won't bother mentioning them for the rest.
Spelling error in Bag of Convenience added 'have has'.
Tsundachi changed to allow imports and explain it better.
Peacemaker is more powerful.
Some explanations from questions added like the Divine Charm.
Bonded swords don't fuse any more, they now stick the handles together to become a double bladed sword-staff.
Demon castle has lots more text now.
No drawback changes and a few notes different.
>>
>>50608649
>>50608691
>>50608726

Oh. Yeah, I can see that...
>Hey let's use nanomachines to monitor the populace! We can sell more ads!
>5% of the populace dies, 5% of kids born thereafter need gene therapy or they'll die too
>riots everywhere, assholes responsible are never found (intact)
>gene therapy was done in "fuck side effects, just don't let our kids die!" style
>5% of kids - or at least those whose parents can afford the treatment, because corporate dystopia - now get cat ears
>>
>>50608716
Do you need either the library or to companion Sage if you want to do the sort of summoning/teleporting he did eventually? Could you just ask him over the BBS?
>>
There are loads of perks that make your mind or soul resistant/immune to forced changes, but are there any that do the same with forced physical alterations?
>>
>>50608795
Well, no, you're not going to die from the nano machines. You can assume that the jumper doesn't have rejection. I'm also happy to bend the lore if a bunch of nano herpies that effectively does nothing bothers a lot of people. It's just part of the lore.
>>
File: 6aa.jpg (8KB, 211x238px) Image search: [Google]
6aa.jpg
8KB, 211x238px
>>50608589
>>50608755
> the blades can be attached at the hilt to
form a long curved double-bladed sword-staff
>double-bladed sword-staff
>>
>>50608145
Could someone post the WIP, since I seemed to miss it somehow?
>>
File: 1460882950429.jpg (106KB, 698x658px) Image search: [Google]
1460882950429.jpg
106KB, 698x658px
>>50608806
>Spelling error in Bag of Convenience

>>50608832
Well I'm already editing it. What would you like? Sword? Vague transformation sequence?
>>
>>50608774
If whoever claimed Xenogears doesn't put out a WIP then their claim is void. Plenty of people would rather have a jump than try to spite an author and end up with another would be jump that doesn't get made for months. People have been saying that SJ has improved dramatically, so maybe it's time you checked her newer pieces of work out and considered if your opinion about her needs to be changed.
>>
>>50608830
>You can assume that the jumper doesn't have rejection.
Very meta. I can imagine a hardcore roller doing so for it.

People don't want regular herpes. Why would they want spyware nanoherpes?
>>
>>50608589
Any comments on >>50607324? Do we pretty much "roll our own" like we do the Demon Lord we'll be facing (or being)?
>>
>>50608795
>>50608830
You could always get protections from out-of-jump.
Although, I do wonder if it says anywhere that the elites get protection from the nanobots (cause they can pay for it, or they're an exec at the company that sent out these nanobots, or something else). Because if they do, it should be available to us.
>>
>>50608846
Maybe Cthulhu is a good influence on her?
>>
>>50608861
>You could always get protections from out-of-jump.
That's the case with literally everything. But don't we design these in a vacuum?
>>
>>50608829
Van Helsing has He Who Fights Monster
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance has Ribbon Bearer
>>
>>50608796
Nit him but for me at least, I'm tired of certain peole pretending those two have absolutely no flaws and pushing for their bullshit to be accepted without any criticism at all.

SJ has an abyssal track record when it comes to taking criticism, and including meta perks. I at least am largely pessimistic towards the quality of her work.

As for Cthulhu, he seemed unwilling to address how powerlevels in CSTW work, despite the fact someone reasonably suggested he just treat them as in-game JRPG feats instead of assuming all characters map onto their Lovecraftian counterparts.

You know, because the original Cthulhu wouldn't save the world and all that.
>>
>>50608846
>People have been saying that SJ has improved dramatically
People say a lot of things. She has barely changed at all, the only difference now is that people are too tired to put up with hours of stubborn "you just don't get it" arguments and just let her do whatever she wants, because it's not worth talking to someone who never listens.
>>
>>50608845
A double-bladed double-hilted sword staff nunchaku made of solid raging icefire. With gold trims and glitter. And a Sailor Moon style transformation sequence.
>>
>>50608853
It's really up to you. Every world has at least somewhat different magic so it could be whatever sort of magic system you want as long as it's within reason and the general confines of the setting. There's literally a world of weeaboo fightan magic so there's not much that's out of context.
>>
>>50608162
Perks.
Sure, purchased Items respawn or whatever, but with the right perks, you can make shit that functions similarly to a great many Items. They don't regenerate (normally), but you can keep making them, and can tweak and enhance them as time goes by.
Items stay stock, usually. Frozen in time, as it were.
Perks are almost alive.
>>
>>50608846
>peole have been saying

Literally who. The last conversation about her was a bitter rant about how some really meta shit got into her latest jump and how all the perks were boring as fuck, because people were sick and tired of having to argue with her at every turn.

Like talking to Manyfist on a bad day, but for every. Jump.
>>
File: 2.png (54KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
54KB, 1280x720px
>>50608851
Its part of the setting though.

Honestly it comes down to how much of a headache you guys make this for me. If I can get away with not having to come up with a work around then that's the path of least resistance.

Simply put this isn't a hill I want to die on.

>>50608861
>I do wonder if it says anywhere that the elites get protection from the nanobots

No, one of the regulars is a Cat Boomer and shes the daughter of a company executive.
>>
File: 2014-06-16-GP0223.jpg (720KB, 643x2043px) Image search: [Google]
2014-06-16-GP0223.jpg
720KB, 643x2043px
>>50608845
Honestly, just "fusing" was fine. A double-bladed sword-staff isn't as good as an equivalent polearm, sword, or staff.

Is there a reason you changed it? If not, something like pic-related would be goat.
>>
>>50608660
>made as many jumps

Also? This is no compliment. Look at Tera/Bancho's work. Look at Mib's. There's a reason things are reviewed.

If. The operative word here is IF, and as I've expressed, I'm both pessimistic with regards to them and frustrated at least one of them gets away with dumb shit simply by being hard to talk to.
>>
There.
No more bully!
>>
>>50608829
I think Lost Odyssey has something like that? Also, just durability in general.
>>
>>50608865
Who knows? With joint projects like these you never know who is doing what. For all we know, SJ's jumps were actually good and it was Abraxes who was a bad influence on her. It's easy enough to slap a name onto a document and say it's a joint project anyways.
>>
>>50608911
>this webcomic I forget the name of

Ugh. I dunno if it's just me or not, but this guy's facial expressions - when they aren't hyper cartoony - seem a bit Uncanny Valley.
>>
>>50608952
Look at her old attempt at the Fountain jump and her "biosphere supplement". If anything Abraxes encourages her attitude and is the reason she refuses to listen anymore.
>>
>>50608955
Isn't that Grrl Power or something?
>>
>>50608955
The link's right on the page dood.
>>
>>50608829
KND has either a perk or a piece of tech for that.
I think it's a perk.
>>
>>50608952
I'm genuinely curious, why do you like her work so much?
>>
>>50608955
... there's no guys in those panels, anon. Might need to clean your glasses.
>>
>>50608924
I don't think you can make the argument that Cthulhu or SJ's works aren't reviewed though. If anything, they're given more review than many of the jumpmakers here, with more responses and criticism in general. Tera/Bancho stopped making jumps a long time ago, and Mib has just restarted. Both of them were active so long ago that the standards used were completely different. Using them as comparisons is kind of flawed. If anything it wasn't even meant to be a compliment. Them making more jumps than most people just reflects the experience they have as jumpmakers.
>>
>>50608991
Think he means the artists expressions, the way he draws them.
>>
>>50608944
Does the "fused" form of Bonded Swords count as a single item for weapon imports?

Also, is it possible to learn other worlds' from that jump's magic systems either by travelling or through the BBS?
>>
>>50608973
I think the Biosphere is pretty good, I use it.
Although I do kinda wish I could get the original pastebin of it before it was attached to the Fountain jump, just so I know how the City worked.
>>
>>50608986
What? Anon I'm saying that in a joint project you can basically slide the blame of everything off to another person, not actually saying her jumps are good. This is especially true if the other person is equally unknown.
>>
>>50608991
The artist's facial expressions.

>>50608974
>>50608982
... So it is.

Look lemme just have my corner of blindness alright
>>
>>50608955
>>50608974
Yeah, it's Grrl Power. Grrlpower? Whatever. It's decent, if horrifically slow-moving and a bit hammy at times.
It's really coming into it's own and the world building took a massive leap when the supernatural was revealed to be a huge thing. It had just been supers and ayy lmaos until then, mostly.
>>50608991
I think he's referring to the artist/writer, Dave Barrack?
And yeah, sometimes the dude goofs.
Sometimes the faces are fine, sometimes you're hoping the characters get away from that obvious killer android before it's too late.
>>
If I were to build myself a new body with my own science and transfer my mind into it, are there any Perks that would let me use my Powers and alt forms in that body?

If not, in my chain I home rule that all my Powers, even the biological ones somehow, are all bound to my soul, so alternatively are there any Perks that would let me transfer my soul into anew artificial body?
>>
>>50609023
Except it's meta as fuck and it's absurdly exaggerated in what it can actually do. SJ-chan even admitted she never watched the movie and just used it as a door to make her own "improved" Warehouse.
>>
File: Triggered.gif (133KB, 311x366px) Image search: [Google]
Triggered.gif
133KB, 311x366px
>>50608991
>The current year
>Thinking "guy" doesn't encompass all five hundred and forty seven genders

Take your cishet patriarchal thinking away from me shitlord

>>50608955
And you
Tumblr tier art is the highest tier and you will respect your betters and their superior sense of aesthetics..
>>
>>50609046
>Perks that would let me use my Powers and alt forms in that body?

If they're perk-based or bought with CP, they already do that.
>>
>>50608716
Excellent.
>>
>>50608986
I like her work because she's done some obscure shit before. I liked GirlsUnd Panzer at least and I think that was hers. Can't speak for the guy you asked though.
>>
>>50609050
I knew she just did it to make her own warehouse add on (that didn't need to be made because she was linked the already existing add-ons that did everything she wanted except giving infinite space) but she didn't even watch the movie? Is that true?
>>
>>50609022
Yes. The Bonded Swords' fused form counts as a single item for imports.

And yes, you can. Each universe has a slightly different magic system. This is actually how Sage became so ridiculous; he's been studying different magic systems for 200 years.
>>
>>50609004
I don't understand how my ppint hasn't seem to have gotten across, so let me simplify and restate because I find this semantic dance to be almost infuriating as talking to her:

SJ is incapable of accepting criticism that isn't beaten into her over the course of several threads. She also has a procilivity to including perks that are overly meta and be extrmely suptubborn about changing hem.

This causes serious flaws in her work to be overlooked.

That is why I think she is a bad jumpmaker and I don't want her to make jumps for us.
>>
>>50609054
>lel tumblr xD
>lel unoriginal triggered joke
>>
>>50609089
You know what? That's fair enough and I hope someone actually good does more obscure shit I like because I like it too, just not when done by her.
>>
>>50609095
Yeah, it was the 'infinite space' issue.

And yes, she never even bothered to watch the movie.

>>50609111
I'm already not looking forward to the Diablo trainwreck.
>>
>>50609086
I'm kind of scared to ask.
>>
>>50608816
Could you please answer >>50609126? Thanks.
>>
>>50609095
Yep. Red practically blew a gasket at that point and watched the entire movie right there just to point out all the issues with the Biosphere. Even then, SJ-chan refused to change anything until thread got on her case enough.
>>
>>50609120
>infinite space
Did it really?
>>
>>50609046
Yeah, uh… your chain, anon.
Go crazy.

I don't know why you don't want to just gradually upgrade and and advance over time.
Unless you're a robo-bro.
>>
>>50609144
>>50609120
The beautiful thing about having to post jumps in thread is that there is always, ALWAYS the option of rejecting the posted jmp with a majority vote for whatever reason.

Unlike what certain pedantic shits are trying to give the imipression of, her posting a jump hoere does NOT mean we need to automatically accept it.
>>
>>50609167
Yet every single jump she's put on here has been forced into the drive without exception. Even Circle of Magic, which again she's only read the first book and never bothered with anything else.
>>
>>50609126
Just asking in case I need to make Tsundachi a body since I'm not sure if she counts as a companion or not but I want her to have adventures with me without being confined to a sword.
>>
>>50609120
>>50609144
I...
My brain is stalling. I literally cannot even.

Just... What level do you have to sink to for that to be...

I give up. Whatever sliver of hope I may have had hidden inside me has been crushed.

I'm with >>50609167 I think we need to say no, enough is enough. Stop doing this shit every time.
>>
>>50609176
>Circle of Magic is only the first book
What. Kick it off the drive then, or alter it to make it clear it only includes stuff from book one.
>>
File: 1386181350363.png (55KB, 367x360px) Image search: [Google]
1386181350363.png
55KB, 367x360px
>>50609109
Yeah, it was a bit shit.
>>
>>50609176
That is precisely my point. When enough is enough and it's clear someone's never going to improve just, Say. No. It's not a difficult concept. What do you think the point of posting in thread even is?
>>
File: ehwot.png (33KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
ehwot.png
33KB, 250x250px
>>50609144
>Red practically blew a gasket at that point and watched the entire movie right there just to point out all the issues with the Biosphere.
>>
>>50609138
No. You could potentially do it on your own if you've got the time just like Sage himself did.

But Sage can't really teach you over the BBS. Remember; Sage learned how to do by studying different magic systems over a period of 200 years. It's not something that can easily be taught using a forum. You'd be better off going with a combination of studying yourself and asking for advice from Sage. You could potentially reach his level much faster that way. Of course the fastest way is to simply purchase him as a companion and buy the library so you have the research materials on-hand and somebody to teach you.
>>
>>50609213
Well I've got the 200 years, and a lot of Demon Lords to practice against. If I haven't got it towards the end of the jump I guess I'll PM Sage and ask for tips and tricks.

Speaking of, is it okay to spread the 103 demon lords over the course of the 200 years?
>>
>>50609213
So, will the non-immortals of our BBS age out?
>>
>>50609203
You should have seen her. The second SJ-chan admitted it Red was silent for the next hour and a half. Next thing anyone knew she found a streaming site and had watched the whole movie from start to finish. Turns out making a jump when you don't even know the setting just to make up something you want is a hot button.
>>
>>50609167
I'm with >>50609176 on this. For all the criticism she gets, she's had a 100% track record as far as getting her jumps onto the drive goes. Either there's a voiceless majority who likes her stuff enough to veto the people who are criticizing her stuff, or the whole notion of rejecting her jumps is nothing but conjecture.

If the thread unanimously agreed to tell her to stop posting her stuff, sure, but somehow I doubt that's going to happen, whenever she shows up next anyways. By then people will probably have forgotten and we'll just repeat the cycle again.
>>
>>50609203
>when you're so wrong that someone does their research specifically to prove how wrong you are
>>
>>50609213
Couldn't the Sage easily just send us notebooks with proper learning materials/instructions? He gets in trouble for literally just teleporting things that a new hero wanted from to her from her home world, he did this casually and without ever leaving his shack.
>>
>>50609242
Or people get too tired of arguing with her and just shut down and everyone else doesn't care enough to even start. By the time everyones exhausted trying to make her jumps good, she just puts it on anyway and once somethings on the drive it's basically sacred as far as most are concerned, even if it's garbage.
>>
>>50609147
>I don't know why you don't want to just gradually upgrade and and advance over time

The main reason is that I can't figure out how the hell genetic modifications, not to mention cybernetic implants would work between alt forms

Which is why I posted >>50607906
earlier. This is almost definitely the kind of thing I should just homerule something, since there's no official ruling, but still it was just bugging me so i decided pester the thread about it anyway.
>>
>>50609242
>If the thread unanimously agreed to tell her to stop posting her stuff
Oh you're adorable. You honestly think she'll stop if that happens.

here's a tip anon. There have been several times when every single response she has gotten, for over an hour, has been telling her not to do something or to go away.

It takes hours more for her to even CONSIDER changing what she is being 'unanimously' told to fuck off and stop doing.
>>
Missed pretty much the whole last thread, so here's some more EP stuff:

>>50602105
>Swarms
Totally forgot about that. Your idea looks kosher to me, then (I wish that stuff was in the core rulebook -.-).

>>50602262
>How much do you actually get from the various genetic samples on purchase?
For the human database, it's pretty much every variation of the human genome. You could make any kind of human being that has ever lived, from an average joe to a movie star to the world's tallest man or an olympic weightlifter, or even combine all of those into one genetic sequence. You can use it to develop most of the humanoid morphs from scratch, minus their cyberware or some exotic transgenic/novel gene sequences, as well as millions of cosmetic variations.

For the animals, you have samples for tens thousands of species, from whales to bacteria to flies to fish to snakes to marsupials to birds. You could develop most of the uplift morphs from scratch.

To make a Selkie, Salamander or a Venusian Glider from scratch, you'll need a suitable human base (from the human database), plus the right gene sequences from the animal database. Likewise, you won't have a single sequence for a "novacrab" in the animal database, since novacrabs are an artificial morph, but you'd have the gene sequences for spider crabs and coconut crabs, so you could engineer your own version.

Making synthmorphs is covered under the Science Solarchive and the Device Engineering skill package. Synthmorphs are nowhere near as complicated; except for the weird ones (like the Biocore or the nano-heavy ones like Liquid Steel) they're basically ordinary robots.

The thing about a lot of morphs (biomorphs, pods, synthmorphs) is their blueprints or genes often have an "Open Source" version available for free on the mesh, somewhere. So if you just wanted the 'final product' gene sequences of morphs, you can just find and download them in the jump.
>>
>>50609300
At that point, we relay to Brutus to just not upload something
>>
>>50609265
No.

>After this jump is over you retain access to the Exchange BBS. You can still communicate with all of the people who post there but you can no longer interact with them (unless you brought them along as companions) and they have no power to actually assist you. But you're still fully able to shitpost about your travels to them and receive advice on what you should do in given situations. In addition, while you're in other jumps you may grant temporary access to the BBS to anyone in that jump for the length of your stay. They can communicate with you or anyone connected to it.
>>
>>50609242
The most irritating thing about you and him is that you talk about it all like it's inevitable, instead of rscognising there's a problem that should be addressed. When you recognise a pattern with a negative outcome, the appropriate response is not to sit back and let it happen unless you're a lemming.

You're right about one thing-more people need to speak out more. Like I said, I think people are just sick and tired of telling her how not to fuck up that the bar's lowered considerably-but that doesn't mean giving up is going to help.
>>
>>50609213
How much stronger are Demon Lords than humans and how much faster do Heroes grow than Demon Lords?
>>
>>50609325
I meant if we bought him as a companion without buying the library.
>>
>>50609233
Sure. Unless you also took The Ride Never Ends in which case you're magically compelled to hunt down and deal with the various Demon Lords.

>>50609236
In-jump? Yes. If you're an Immortal with Senior Citizen then you're going to be around for generations of Heroes. Out of jump time there is stopped and the BBS works on omnipotent fiat meaning that real-time communication and continuity still happens despite the time stop.

>>50609265
Yes. But it would be nowhere near as comprehensive as the library is. The library is a step-by-step series of lessons to mastering the magic that exists within your world completely with minimal fuss. You could learn it the usual way but it'd take way longer.
>>
>>50609345
>The library is a step-by-step series of lessons to mastering the magic that exists within your world completely with minimal fuss.
Ok that is way better than what is described in the item description.
>>
File: 1481266624319.png (430KB, 637x749px) Image search: [Google]
1481266624319.png
430KB, 637x749px
>Spend a day with Nasu on /vg/
>What even happened in this thread.
>>
>>50609379
>that pic
wat.
>>
>>50609397
So did you know Liu Bei got so pissed that one of his retainers risked their lives saving his son he spiked the babby in question?

And he's still seen as a cool guy.
>>
>>50609427
MUH BENEVOLENCE
>>
>>50608007
Gamer; a power that costs 1500 points, prevents you from getting any origin discounts, and has a major mandatory drawback.

It is a great power but Jesus Fucking Christ what the hell?
>>
>>50609432
The best thing people could say about Liu Shan is that he was only pretending to be retarded after that.
>>
>>50609446
I can't tell if it's bad or good, but some people seem to think it's worth it?
>>
Jump # 132 Star Wars, the Original Trilogy
Background: Drop In + Force Sensitive (200)
Species: Human (0)
Starting location: Aldera Alderaan

Perks:
*Less than 12 Parsecs (0)
*Can’t we convince you to stay? (100, Discount)
*For the Alliance (100)
*basic Powers (0)

Equipment:
*10,000 Credits (0)
*A Familiar Light Saber (300)

Companions
*Companion Import (400)

Starship
*Import – Cabbit Ship (100) (oddly fitting)
*Free stuff (0)
*Military Grade Deflector Shields (200 scr)
*Reinforced Hull (200 scr)
*Sensor Jammer (400 scr)

Drawbacks:
*Super HD Remastered (+ 200)

It’s strange to find yourself on a planet that you know isn’t going to be there much longer. I decided it was worth breaking the plot entirely to save billions of lives.

So I began my war on the empire. The first thing I needed was to take the death star out of play. It was tough to find where it was being constructed. It wasn’t public knowledge it existed and I don’t know star wars very well.

What I do know is how to build fabrication units and Ai’s from Eclipse phase. My companions and I managed to sneak on board. I hooked up the fabrication units to start building robots and programmed it to install copies of the same AIs and Soon I had a robot army fighting the troopers and workers in the partially constructed deathstar. We took it over. Unfortunately it was not long before the empire tried to take it back in force. We wound up fleeing but we detonated a large anti mater bomb that wiped out a good portion of the empires army with it.

Finally I managed to talk to Vader during one of our fights. We fought several times and each time I sensed the potential for good within him. He tried to corrupt me offering me a chance to join him and dispose of the emperor. Unfortunately the emperor was well aware of it so Vader almost died and wound up having to flee and came to me for help. We formally joined the rebels and managed to take down the empire.
>>
>>50609505
There's a version on the subreddit and the SB CYOA gen thread where it's only 1000 CP.
>>
Who here A) knows Dresden Files and B) can tell me a little bit about their Dragons?

I took the half-blood option in King Arthur but didn't want to retread the boring old "Fate/ for Magic Core hurr durr" thing, so am wandering through my options.
>>
>>50609505
It is kind of a toss whether it is worth it or not, sure it is an absolutely wonderful power but the origin capstones are also pretty damned amazing. Especially Drop In. And they cost way less.
>>
>>50609120
Diablo trainwreck?
>>
>>50608007
>random, arbitrary perks with less explanation and more blatent metagaming than Coiling Dragon

Thank fuck this isn't on our drive.
>>
>>50609505
It is overpriced but by less than you might think.
>>
>>50609339
The Demon Lord is basically the final boss. So he's naturally way stronger than any normal monster. At level 5 (or level 6 if you're an Active Hero) the Demon Lord is strong enough that an army of normal soldiers is nothing but wheat against the scythe and he can easily kill even groups of higher level monsters like dragons with no problem.

You, as a Hero (or weirdly paradoxical Demon Hero if you're a Demon Lord that was summoned) possess a much higher growth rate than normal (represented by your class ability to learn skills and grow rapidly in your area of expertise). You could go from level 1 to level 5 in a little under a year. It would take two to five years to go from level 5 to level 6. It would take upwards of 20-50 years to go from level 6 to level 7. And it'd take over 100 years to reach level 8. And it only gets harder from there. Plus breaking into higher levels usually requires going to other universes and learning things there. You'll have already mastered the stuff in your original universe by level 5 or 6.
>>
>>50609527
Honestly, eventually we'll get enough jumps that a Gamer composite ability can be assembled via just a good number of 100/200 CP perks or something. It'll be the same for every other perk in that jump too.
>>
Right... so nobody gave a shit about builds I've posted, so let's see if people give a shit about this WIP instead.

Suggestions are welcome.
>>
>>50609571
500 CP of mandatory drawbacks on top of an excruciating mandatory drawback? Isn't it basically just a lesser version of Soft-cap with eidetic memory?
>>
>>50609559
I think you're reaching. Looks like a good jump that I'm definitely interested in.
>>
>>50609627
>Isn't it basically just a lesser version of Soft-cap with eidetic memory?
A good amount more than that, it is certainly overpriced but when you consider all it gives you it is more reasonable than it looks at first glance.

It sort of feels like you are paying extra for the cool factor of the power in addition to it's functions.
>>
File: thumbs up.jpg (46KB, 347x346px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up.jpg
46KB, 347x346px
>>50609522
>pic
Is that a magical girl fighting Vader?

>I decided it was worth breaking the plot entirely to save billions of lives.
Yay!
>>
>>50609627
It'll probably end up like a Tower of God situation where an item gets buffed over and over again in the actual manhwa, so the item suddenly becomes even more amazing and critical for purchase.
>>
>>50609627
You get the video game HP thing and the ability to direct your growth as well.
>>
>>50609679
No, it is a masochist celestial. Tenshi Hinanawi, who possesses power to the extent of the manipulation of earth. She thinks Heaven is boring and slums around mortal Gensokyo starting Incidents and getting into fights for fun. Watch out for her sword, it can determine your weakness and hit you with it.
>>
>>50609621
You should say that none of the works of "fiction" are the same. Otherwise, that's 800 CP of free shit.

Also, I didn't see any mandatory win/loss conditions. They need to be added.
>>
Are there any good Perks for transferring people's souls into inanimate objects or empty bodies?
>>
>>50609683
Maybe? It seems more likely that any upgrades will come from magic/martial arts stuff that could be learned without the gamer power. It mainly makes it easier to learn and improve skills so you could probably learn the stuff without it. I can see quite a bit more information coming up about the setting in the next few chapters but I don't know that the base gamer power will gain any improvements.
>>
>>50609446
My favorite perk is probably Acting the Fool.
>>
File: 1309782557105.png (195KB, 700x900px) Image search: [Google]
1309782557105.png
195KB, 700x900px
>>50609713
>masochist
That's just a meme, anon.
>>
>>50609817
... I now want to use Stop! Hammer Time to activate my reality marble.
>>
>>50609775
>but I don't know that the base gamer power will gain any improvements.
With a Korean series that's liable to go on for as long as the author cares to continue spinning new lines for it, there's literally no reason why he won't give them power ups as things continue to escalate. So far the author has already established a tendency where instead of having Jee Han really focus on develop his branch skills, he just dabbles in each one for a bit, grinds, and then goes on to discover more skills. This Arc Company segment has been mostly really about him discovering his Gamer Party abilities more so than developing anything else.
>>
File: Captain Garlock.jpg (85KB, 780x481px) Image search: [Google]
Captain Garlock.jpg
85KB, 780x481px
[Gurren Lagann]

Drawbacks: Who the hell am I, Man of the Spiral (1600)

Drop-In, age 18

Jeeha Village

Companion Import (1200): Elodie, Nona, Fair Eyes, Kat, Makoto, Elise, Secret, Sunny
Get yer Head on Straight! (Free)
I'll Repay That, Ten Times Over (1100)
Believe in the Me that Believes in You! (800)
Lagann-type Gunmen (400)
Giant Robot Piloting Skills (0)
Badass Glasses (Free)
Badass Cape (Free)

It was a week when I got chained up in the town square next to that tattooed bluenette asshole. We were arguing over who had the cooler cape and classes. My purple cape with cobalt blue flames and jagged-eyed shades were CLEARLY the superior combination, but for some reason he refused to see reason. And then the short kid asked us to stop fighting because there was an earthquake, and I didn't have the heart to press the issue.

Strange. That face on my cape-I swear I've seen it somewhere.

Damned if I know where, though-

-and that's when the pink haired girl slapped me upside the head and told me off for starting shit.

And then-a giant robot broke in! Blue Guy and Pinky somehow took it down on foot! I didn't even see what happened! By the time those other girls came in to provide cover fire, the kid had hijacked the thing and we bust out of that dump, like a goddamn rainbow in the dark!

Maybe these guys aren't so bad after all.

(Cont'd)

>>50609621
...I almost suspected there would be a Carpenter origin in there somewhere.

Well, um. No complaints about the fluff so far.

About Messiah-any particular reason why it seems to cost more than the others, barring the boost in popularity? Just wondering what distinguishes it from, say, Shepard and Prophet? Is it like the Kane origin or something?

Also I'm kind of confused what a Technopriest is supposed to be. I...can't think of any actual scientists who're associated with cults, off the top of my head-unless it's meant to be the Ron Hubbard origin?
>>
>>50609621
HYPE.
>>
File: Garlock Arrives.jpg (25KB, 597x333px) Image search: [Google]
Garlock Arrives.jpg
25KB, 597x333px
>>50610003

...aw, fuck. I overslept.

That was a few years ago. Kamina-although he'll always be Blue Asshole Bro in my head-yelled at me to hurry up. Tough talk from a guy with one arm, but-he's not all bad. Had a bit of talk the night I saved his ass from that damn dirty ape with a lucky shove, turns out he was all talk just like me. It was the k-Simon who was the real badass all along.

I can kinda relate. I didn't snag my first mugann by myself; Elodie sacrificed her own ride to get me there. She's been my rock and anchor for years now; Yoko likes to tease that we should spend more time on double dates and less on field work, but I'm just thinking ahead. All this time, we've been working to take on Teppelin and Lordgenome-it's been a total blast but I won't lie-I gotta appreciate the people who made it all possible. Rossiu handles logistics, Elodie's been our premier strategist and ol' Kittan's a damned good lieutenant. Between them and that crazy squad of crazy girls, I wouldn't pick any other people to take on the world with.

So. Why do I feel like this is all wrong?

Not bad. But that-it all can't last. That I'm in the wrong place, doing the wrong thing.

I've always felt there's something out there, beyond the skies we know. Something I'm missing.

Fuck it. I've always beaten myself up over not knowing how the hell I ended up in Jeeha village, and it's never helped. What matters now, is moving forward. Elodie's right-this is the big one, I've gotta keep my head in the game. And if this is all really a fever dream, then I sure as hell don't wanna wake up.

If only because that nerdy little pinkette grew up with curves I could full in love with, if she wasn't also the first woman I met who could best me in-ow, OW alright honey, stop throwing piilows at me I AM GETTING IN THE GODDAMN ROBOT
>>
>>50609621
Looks cool. Probably going to be an easy time for me, I've got a bunch of perks that would help with this goal, but that's not a mark against it. Time to spread my weird techno-syncretic animist doctrine.
>>
>>50610003
>>50610044
>Incoming Screaming Fit in 3

>2

>1
>>
>>50609715
>Mandatory win/loss conditions
>need to be added

Is this a joke? I seriously can't tell around these parts anymore.

>>50609668
You mean other than the inexplicable "you can make any magic into a talisman" perk, the effectively infinite free 1-ups that is Life Insurance and the lack of explanation for what Godblood does?

Again, is this a joke?
>>
>>50610095
>"you can make any magic into a talisman" perk

We already have stuff like that, m80

>the effectively infinite free 1-ups that is Life Insurance

Like the one in Asura's Wrath?

Also, it's explicitly /not/ an infinite one-up perk. Not even close. It has the distinct disadvantage that you would have had to been able to survive in the first place.
>>
File: picardandrikercrackup.gif (967KB, 245x180px) Image search: [Google]
picardandrikercrackup.gif
967KB, 245x180px
>>50610003
>>50610044
O. M. G.
>>
>>50609621
Looks pretty sweet so far.
>>
>>50610095
>the effectively infinite free 1-ups that is Life Insurance
It does not provide that, it doesn't even serve as a single 1-Up.
>>
>>50610129
>>50610147
Stop biting bait, just because the jumpmaker isn't popular doesn't mean Timmy won't go after them.
>>
>>50609621
Wait, what?

Did I miss Black Crusade being finished, or being paused?
>>
>>50610181
I'm not Timmy, and I'm not dealing with this shit. If other people don't care what perks are based on and just want to become invincible by being a millionaire that's their damage, not mind. Leaving aside that it's not even an interjump balance thing when you could just hack into someone else's account to do that shit.

I'm not shy of speaking my mind either, but I'm not going to fight a lost cause.
>>
>>50610223
Man until it's posted here, why bother?
>>
>>50610211
Nah, BC's still being worked on. This is an OC generic setting Red proposed a few threads ago that seemed to be popular with folks. So here we are.

>>50610223
Oh, and about the talismans: Show me another jump that has them being that open ended.
>>
>>50610223
>just want to become invincible by being a millionaire
That is not a thing in the jump.
>>
>>50610238
You raise a good point. Not sure why I'm still posting, I should really just blow off steam on a waifu beating simulator or something.

I guess because of those idiots who insist on posting things from that site that aren't finished on this one and acting like they should inevitably be accepted no matter what. Worst part is how they act like they speak for all of us; I've actually got nothing about SB, I just think those two writers in particular belong in their community, not ours.
>>
>>50610223
>become invincible by being a millionaire that's their damage

No they can't, you git. It doesn't make you any more invincible than a decent healing factor does. Unlike those, however, your dying conditions aren't changed and you have to consciously activate it.
>>
>>50610257
>a waifu beating simulator
That isn't justice!
>>
>>50610260
>>50610252
Not him but I think he's referring to

>When wounded, you can choose to instead immediately pay off your medical bills - to Gaia, presumably - and be healed almost instantly. This can even be extended to the people who work for you, and can even restore them from death... almost as if you bought their soul
>almost instantly
>can even restore them from death

being a fairly consequence free way of ressurecting stuff.
>>
>>50610266
Neither is this hive of scum and villainy.
>>
>>50610281
Ah, so he's illiterate? Makes sense.
>>
>>50610281
He called it infinite 1-Ups.
>>
>>50610291
>>50610293
Be as that may, it is pretty damn unclear how that even works. Do you sign a bill and post it to your local hospital, and ask for "Dr. Gaia" to receive it? Does email work? All in all, it's also a pretty cheap form of fiat-based healing unless it's not fiat and is supposed to be based on something in the jump. Which is also not clear.

And the fact that it covers a terraforming perk, AND lets you ressurect others does seem overly generous even for an 800 CP perk. More than anything, it's the fact that none of this is explained in the context of what the Gamer is, which comes across as a bit of a meta boon.

I'm with >>50610238 though. Maybe they'll explain it. Maybe not.
>>
>>50610291
Also, for the record? Dismissing your critics reflects poorly on you. Just saying, he might've been hyperbolic and bitter, but that perk definitely has some serious issues.
>>
>>50610327
Basically there is a character in the comic called The President, he is the leader of a group called The Company, and their shtick is that they have powers that are based on ownership and fueled by money.
>>
File: electricity_hand_21130_300x400.jpg (53KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
electricity_hand_21130_300x400.jpg
53KB, 300x400px
>>50610281
>When wounded, you can choose to instead immediately pay off your medical bills - to Steve Jobs, presumably - and be healed almost instantly. This can even be extended to the people who work for you.

Honestly, there's plenty to complain about in the jump, but this specific function of that perk isn't really one of them. I can get behind this >>50610327, however.

>>50610337
Yeah, no. His "criticism" reflects poorly on him when it's literally contradicted in the next line:

>Regardless, you cannot use that on yourself, as death is permanent, but there are also other benefits.

Like the Fate/SB guy, earlier. Just not worth actually responding to.
>>
>>50609621
This looks wonderful. Let's see - the set up is a joy to my eyes, but not much crunch to criticize or otherwise dig into.

>Shepard
Now, I know Mass Effect had an... Effect, on all of us. But I am pretty sure it's still "shepherd".

>Messiah
A simple question of interest - what will make Messiah worth 200 CP?
>>
>>50610327
You do realize this is now technically SJ's jump as well right? If it's meta, it's just going to get accepted by the folks who have come to accept SJ as the meta jumpmaker since this is her standard.
>>
>>50609817
... That perk is freaking awesome. "Meteor Swarm, asshole."
>>
>>50610418
>come to accept SJ as the meta jumpmaker since this is her standard.

Oh for fuck's sake, did you not read the conversatio up there? This is not.

Something.

That is okay.
>>
>>50608007
>>+000 cp - Rule 63: Have you ever thought that this world was just a little heavy on the men, and didn’t have enough women? Well, now everyone is genderswapped. Yes, even you, your companions, and your little dog too.

Really? I have a feeling that this has no actual justification in the setting.
>>
>>50610465
That...that's not actually in there right? That's a joke right?
>>
>>50610460
The conversation up there only told me that more and more people are willing to give her the pass if only so that they don't have to put up with arguing with her. If you want to go ahead and argue against her every time she collaborates in a jump or makes a jump go right ahead, but I don't see much reason why others would be convinced to bother if they've already given up. On top of that I'm resigned to this jump being a powergrab. If they're going to go for it they might as well go all the way.
>>
>>50610429
>>50609849
You know what I want? I want all of these perks to actually be explained in the context of what they are in the setting instead of seemingly randomly thrown in things just inserted because the jumpmaker thought they were cool.

>>50610418
And you, shut the fuck up unless you're actually arguing against the jump.

Which isn't even finished yet as someone else said, so it's moot point. And whoever keeps acting like these should be considered finished already can go fuck themselves.
>>
>>50610465
They needed a drawback so they grabbed one. Does it really matter? They can technically justify it by the MC getting a harem I guess, and it wouldn't be totally wrong.
>>
>>50610465
>>50610471
Actually this does have basis in the comic, there was a bit where all the characters were gender swapped.
>>
>>50610477
I count 3 people willing to do something, and one person cosplaying Eeyore.

Look, the least you can do is go play a vidya or watch TV or something on the day that thing gets posted here instead of pretending "if bad shit happens just let it happen lol, who needs criticism anyway" is an acceptable solution.
>>
>>50610491
So all the characters are genderswapped permanently.Yeah. No.
>>
>>50610488
It's a 0cp drawback anon. Why would they need it?
>>
>>50610502
Who knows, anon? But this /is/ the same guy who made the Generic Hentai jump.
>>
>>50610497
No it was a bit where they imagined what the world would be like if everyone was the opposite gender.
>>
>>50610479
>I want all of these perks to actually be explained in the context of what they are in the setting
This is impossible, because it hasn't even been explained within the setting itself for the majority of these powers. Most of the fluff that they did use was pulled out of their ass, not an actual explanation from in the manhwa. The author is pretty well known for introducing concepts and waiting a fair while before explaining it, and he still hasn't actually explained what the Gamer is, despite other people technically capable of getting it, and it being involved in the creation of a God.
>>
>>50610477
>powergrabs are okay when this one person I'm scared of arguing with do it

>>50610511
A one-off doesn't sound like a good justification for a drawback to me.
>>
>>50610517
Well, in that case has anyone on that end considered that maybe it's a bad idea for jumps to be done for series which haven't done enough worldbuilding yet?
>>
>>50610495
The acceptable solution is to outright ban and remove these two from the drive flat out. But that's probably not going to happen either.
>>
>>50610518
>A one-off doesn't sound like a good justification for a drawback to me.
I didn't say it was, I said there was basis. Whether or not it is good basis is a matter of opinion.
>>
>>50610527
>on that end considered that maybe it's a bad idea for jumps
What is Fairy Tail. What is RWBY. What is Toriko. It's not a problem exclusive to "their" end, anon. And what should be considered "enough" world-building? We still know fuck-all about Devil Fruits, for instance.
>>
>>50610527
This was brought up earlier in the thread, the response summed up to Don't really care, just want the Gamer power. These settings are notorious for powercreep, and notorious for delivering very concentrated packages of worldbuilding spaced out by long training arcs. Even if they finish it right now, they can expect to be working on this jump for updates for months if not years. Especially with the author's tendency to drop series on a whim.
>>
Why do I have the feeling that if the creator left their name blank on the Gamer jump we wouldn't be having these arguments against it. God people are petty assholes on here.
>>
>>50610560
The creator has enough shady history that we are suspicious.
>>
>>50610560
No, we almost certainly wouldn't. A lot of shit got past the radar in Custom Robo and Shaman King until BLADE foolishly revealed his true identity.
>>
File: 20161209201312_2.jpg (189KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20161209201312_2.jpg
189KB, 1280x720px
>>50608367
I've started playing it, why not add a VIC Jammer cyberware? Makes you invisible to cameras.
>>
>>50610560
You'd still have the arguments, because all it takes is a bit of quick catch up to realize you're dealing with a world where people can create deities, universes, and other bizarre shit with no apparent limitation or justification. It works fine in setting because the author doesn't have to explain shit. When it comes to a jumpmaker, they're shafted, because they're stuck trying to explain what the series' author didn't care to.

So now we're going into theories about Gaia rejecting magic (Not true) and the Gamer being unique (Possibly no longer true) and Wuxian? (The relationship of the Houses isn't even that sort of martial arts motif they're going for, most of the Houses have adapted to Modern Seoul, and even the Dan Ui Moon uses SWAT magitek)

We're at the point where a group of guys pooled energy using a MMO to create a deity who proceeds to create a new world and pulls people into it. This is early/mid game right now. Somehow the jump doesn't even begin to address this, but it decided to pull the MMO into it no problem.

But is there argument against it because of who's making it? Probably.
>>
So hate to break this utterly riveting discussion up with Fate stuff but got a question.

What stuff about the Servant Supplement or just Fate in general do you find confusing? Are there any terms or ideas you can't wrap your head around or think the jump/supplement as is explains poorly?

Tell me all the shit you find confusing.
>>
Would willpower and mental resistance perks help me lessen the effects of the nemetrix?
>>
>>50610592
So you're saying that you accepted Blades jumps and found nothing to complain about until he turned out to be from SB? Can't you just judge them on their own merits instead of this frankly weird us vs them thing. I admit that there are a few things I find issue with in SJs jumps like the Royal Emblem thing but I've read the Gamer; Cthulu seems to be doing fine and I see where he got the perks/drawbacks/etc from.
>>
>>50610606
The only thing I can think of is clarifying the Personal Skill/Class Skill stuff and how much things cost at different tiers for different people. It is understandable now, but if you're updating it then making it clearer could be nice.
>>
>>50610603
>We're at the point where a group of guys pooled energy using a MMO to create a deity who proceeds to create a new world and pulls people into it. This is early/mid game right now. Somehow the jump doesn't even begin to address this, but it decided to pull the MMO into it no problem.

Not exactly.

They created a big Illusion Barrier that copied aspects of the Gamer ability in an attempt to gather enough "thought energy" to create a god (belief entity). Which normally wouldn't have been a problem for the local magic cabal to kill but the god in question represents something that everyone wants.
>>
>>50610606
Maybe clarify that you can only get one EX ranked thing in the whole supplement. On my first build for it I thought that it meant you could have an EX in basic stats, an EX in skills and an EX noble phantasm.
>>
>>50610635
>who proceeds to create a new world and pulls people into it.
Illusion Barriers are trivial and the ability to make one or trap people inside of it isn't special, any half competent mage could have done so.

The "God" in question it it particularly well but it is still a common and not particularly impressive ability.
>>
>>50610621
If you want to nitpick, Cthulhu and Blade are both worse jumpmakers than SJ, in terms of writing quality, aesthetics, handling perk ideas, balancing, and actually making the setting seem interesting. Even reading that WIP it makes the Gamer look boring. But since none of that can really be gauged on any sort of solid metric, the only thing you can say about them is that they all come from the same place. Even your opinion against the Royal Emblem is just that, an opinion.
>>
>>50610658
Jesus dude, if all you're going to do is suck SJ off, can you just not speak?
>>
>>50610546
Well in that case anon a shit I guess. Because that's awful.

>>50610545
And I've heard a lot of regret from creators for all of those, your point? And a reasonable understanding of the scope and potential of powers seems like a decent minimum; the MAJORITY of Devil Fruits have that at least.

>>50610537
As long as you don't imply it's an inarguable one.
>>
>>50608388
So if that's what Fire Magic is like for Human with magnifying magic, what is it like blue or green magic? Does that get affected too?
>>
>>50610592
I would dispute this; I brought up a LOT of criticisms for Shaman King when it was first posted, I don't know why others didn't follow through but the point is I at least recognised flaws without making the connection between Cthulhu and BLADE.

And I also distinctly remember giving a lot of critique for Custom Robo as well. Let me see if I can find the exact posts.

My point being, the identity of the writer is irrelevant to me.
>>
>>50610635
Except there's no concrete evidence that it copied the aspects of the Gamer ability, versus the other way around. All we're told is that Illusion Barriers exist, but realize that this is information that the MC gets from folks who clearly aren't as knowledgeable about the overall situation as say, somebody from within the Company, or Dan Ui Moon itself, neither of which care to comment.

We can assume a lot of things about the Gamer ability to make this jump, heck we can assume a lot of things about this world to make this jump. But what it boils down to is us trying to predict how the author wants to build his world up, and assuming that we're given complete truths, that there won't be plot twists, and that the world is as limited as currently portrayed.
>>
>>50610606
Well, I certainly didn't realise that the Servant, since it's provided as part of the Perk system, is a Companion until it was pointed out in thread... after I'd already made my build and jumped it.

>Jumper appears in the Warehouse, starts ditching everything and heading for the shower.
>Suddenly a familiar voice, "Where are we?!"
>Jumper WHATOHSHIT!!!
>>
>>50610691
>All we're told is that Illusion Barriers exist,
We also have an idea of how they function so your attempt to make "creating a world" seem like a sign of the setting being high power is transparently false to anyone who has read the series.
>>
>>50610690
>I don't know why others didn't follow through
Because it was so painful to read that I honestly couldn't be bothered to, and replying to that jump with a "Can you improve your English writing skills before coming back" would have probably just have started a shitstorm. I don't care if he's doing jumps as charity, if it's a pain to read through it, I don't see the point to force myself to. Especially not for settings I don't care for.
>>
File: Asd.gif (154KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
Asd.gif
154KB, 500x283px
>>50610606
Yo.

The stuff servants get as freebies/startup seems kindof buried under a lot of other text, enough so that I actually ended up copy/pasting some stuff into my personal notes with page references to remind myself how I paid for junk.
Ie,
> P6 -
> Class Skills- Start at a Rank of E and cost 25 Sp per rank to raise it to up to an A rank. You may also purchase a "+" on the Skill. A "+" costs 50 Sp each to a maximum of +++.
> Each Heroic Spirit receives one rank C Personal Skill for free.
> P20 -
> Each hero Receives one Rank C Noble Phantasm Free,

I don't know if you could make stuff like that easier to pick out for people, or what? I'm not sure how you would do that, for that matter.
But it might be nice to have a little section up near the top that says, "Here's all the crap you start out with, without having to spend CP", or something to that effect, as a reference for builders.
I dunno.
>>
>>50610707
No one is saying that anything within this setting is high power anon. We're saying that half the shit inside it is unexplained, connections between this world and other worlds aren't clarified, and there are still plenty of abilities that haven't been brought up. Because we've seen exactly what happens to series escalation, and it leaves us with shit messes like Fairy Tail and Magi.

If you want to promise me that the Gamer wraps in the next 10 chapters and the author will close up all the loose ends from the other manhwa, be my guest. Would you like to explain the mechanics of each ability in detail, as well as the general relations between the different manhwa, since you're our resident expert?
>>
>>50610713
I know this is a legit reason, but you still make me sad anon

Though I'm not one to judge, I can't seem to find the post through the archives.

>>50610606
>Servant Supplement

What kind of things can a Mystic Face curse do at, say, EX rank?

>Fate in general

Extelia in general. What the fuck is even happening anymore. Why is Attila the Hun an ayy, and are the ayys actually TYPEs or what?
>>
>>50610753
>I know this is a legit reason, but you still make me sad anon
Why, because I don't care to read mib quality work? That was literally my thought on Custom Robo when it first came out. Every description felt like mib quality work, one line descriptions that didn't tell me anything at all. Same thing with Xenoblade X. But since everybody else seemed fine with it, I didn't see what point there was to bring it up.
>>
>>50609621
What's this?
>>
>>50610633
Yes, general clarity and making build stuff clearer is a big goal.

>>50610636
Also one of the original goals. Will likely have a section solely for build stuff and mechanics rules.

>>50610702
Yeah, early on is going to be a section that will tell you everything about post jump and Servant stuff, especially the companion bits.

>>50610731
Good idea. I'll be making all the free stuff much more prominent in each section and I think I'll also include a 'quick and dirty' guide to doing it

>>50610753
Not really meaning this to be about skill ranks not seen in canon but if you give me a sec I'll get back to you on this.

>Extella
I'm confused too, I can't wait to get it.
>>
>>50609621
Scientology will be getting a rival.
>>
>>50610792
> "How dare you call yourself Scientology? I ACTUALLY WORSHIP SCIENCE."
>>
Seriously how did the prevailing opinion on this jump change so much? At first people were either positive or neutral on it an now there is a thread consuming debate.
>>
>>50610790
Explaining some of the ranks so you we don't have to ask you every time?
>>
>>50610809
Different people, different times. Most of the people on right now aren't form the land of burgers and lard. Also, it may seem like there's more of a consensus because everyone's anonymous, when it's most likely just one or two anons.
>>
>>50610809
Different people at different times? I dunno. I'm not sure how this jump affects me or what it's good for so I dun really care, that and people are translating babbys in /fgog/ so I've just been refreshing to see this unfold while waiting for /fgog/.

MUH BENEVOLENCE MUH LORD
>>
>>50610809
I was hoping to put this behind us all for a good old rousing round of Fateposting but you just HAD to try for a parting shot, didn't you?

Don't bother replying after this because I'm only here to tell you how you fucked up: You asumed just because you and your buddies liked having access to cheap powergrabs, the rest of us would fall in line. I'm willing to bet a lot of people were perfectly happy to ignore this jump until you brought it up this thread. And that even more didn't even know it was a thing until today.

Lesson of the day: Opinion seldom change, asking outside of an echo chamber does.
>>
>>50610809
The anti-sber/s got on I think. Personally I feel the jump is fine. The point where they complain about it not fitting the setting and admitting they haven't read the series is kind of a give away.
>>
>>50610835
You don't have to know a series to disagree with a jump's design choices. I've never asserted that, and I'm >>50610327
>>
>>50610835
Nor, I should point out, do you need to have strong opinions about any particular site. I've never complained this way about, say, Cracker Jack because I've no issues with his work.
>>
>>50610844
Eventually this whole anti-sb/pro-sb thing is going to become as stupid as people calling everyone else Timmy whenever they disagree with each other.
>>
>>50610809
This >>50610835, except replace it with the below:

>>50610835
>The SJ/meta-apologists got off, I think. Personally I feel the jump is fine. The point where they complain about it not fitting the setting and admitting they haven't read the series is kind of a give away.
>>
>>50610809
I meant to say.

>Personally I feel the jump is completely soulless and quite unbalanced, but for the most part... acceptable.
>>
File: Endless 9.png (674KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
Endless 9.png
674KB, 853x480px
The FLCL jump says that you can modify Canti so he keeps part of Atmosk’s power, but not all of it.

What if I modify it so Canti keeps the 99,9999% of Atmosk’s power?
>>
>>50610829
Need 1500cp and have to take a mandatory drawback to get the Gamer ability. Something that is honestly not really an overpowering advantage. Yep, totally a cheap power grab and not you bitching about SB. People want it because the idea of life being a video game is /fun/. The Gamer is far from anywhere near the most powerful settings in JC. Stop talking about it like you're the thread and the people who want the jump are some sort of moronic outsiders.
>>
>>50610858
Your pessimism is duly noted. At the moment, even though some of the folks opposing the jump got a bit carried away I don't exactly have a good opinion of the people in favor of the jump given how-

>>50610864
-yeah, pretty much.
>>
>>50610753
Okay so, Mystic Face is generally just Mystic Eyes but it auto applies to anyone who looks at your face. So a good rule is generally either as strong as the equal ranked Mystic Eyes (If you can't control the Mystic Face) or one rank weaker if you can control who is affected or turn it off.

At that point it's probably easier to look at what Mystic Eyes can do at EX which is...totally unclear, going by canon. We know that Medusa's eyes, which are pretty broken petrification ones, are A+, so EX would be some quire broken stuff. I'd probably need more detail on what sort of effect you'd like to see at EX level, whether it be like Medusa's eyes or some sort of Sharingan esque thing.

>>50610811
That's...kinda one of the problems here. I kind of want to put in thread rulings or answers in, maybe in italics instead of normal font to make it aware that it's not canon, but a lot of the stuff I've said isn't going to be changing whether canon disproves it or not, regardless of my own feelings. Things like Item Construction EX, which is nothing near making NPs, but changing that would change a lot of chains given how many people seem to have taken it.

So I'm kinda stuck between not really wanting to fill it partially up with non canon stuff over time or try and leave stuff open for canon and ope it doesn't get filled up?

I honestly don't have an answer for this one that is very satisfying, so I was planning on just leaving it as it is, canon stuff in the supplement with my rulings not in it, but if you've got a suggestion I'm honestly pretty desperate for some way to resolve it.
>>
>>50610874
Not him but in case you haven't noticed, most people aren't even talking about THAT ability. Many people are, in fact, bringing up the distinction between what's a canon ability and what's meta is a bit blurred by perk descriptions.

You're really, really not doing yourself any favors here by accusing the other side of being the very thing both you and them are claiming to oppose.
>>
>>50610518
C'mon, it's a 0cp optional drawback that has a basis.

It's better than the fanfic drawbacks, and The Gamer has its fair share of horrible fanfics as well..
>>
>>50610903
I'm not seeing how a universal gender bend based on a page or two of daydreaming is somehow justified and not in there because of someone's fetish.
>>
>>50610903
>It's better than the fanfic drawbacks

Well, I guess you have a point there actually-

>spoiler

What little I've heard of this series has already filled me with a blistering hate I've never experienced since Sword Art Online. If there is fanfic of this, I can only imagine that fresh hell is akin to the worst revels of Sonichu.

So...I guess that means it IS proper drawback material! Consider my objection withdrawn.
>>
File: 694573123836160585.jpg (55KB, 800x498px) Image search: [Google]
694573123836160585.jpg
55KB, 800x498px
>>50610922
Just don't take it?

It's really weird seeing someone in the land of harems, waifus and fetishes being triggered by such a stupid little thing.
>>
>>50610874
>People want it because the idea of life being a video game is /fun/
Let's face it. Most people didn't have a fucking clue what the Gamer was until somebody brought up the idea of "let's make it into a jump". Before that it was an obscure korean manga that really would have stayed obscure, except people decided to try and make a jump out of it. Whenever somebody does that, it's going to get looked at. Not everybody is going to like what they see. You can say "I want it because the idea of life being a video game is /fun/". Don't speak for other people, makes your case worse than it is.

If you're going to start to bring power discussions into this to try and justify something, you're just digging your own grave. If people really wanted to ban this setting, it's as easy as telling the jumpmakers to fuck right off the moment they post it to the thread and put it on their own drive, then telling Brutus to delete the jump off ours. And hell, they'd probably be about to rile up a crowd to do exactly that as well.
>>
>>50610928
>If there is fanfic of this
SB is split between Gamerfics and Wormfics, which was largely how a lot of people got to know Gamer in the first place.
>>
>>50610890
Sorry. I'm just kind of annoyed because I like the Gamer as a setting. I don't mean to say that I speak for the thread I'm just saying that some people want it and some people don't. I was just irritated that the side against it were posting like they were the thread and the people for it weren't. I can see where the maker got the ideas for stuff from canon and it just feels that some anons are trying to shut it down because it comes from SB. If they have issues with it that's fine as long as they have valid reasons other than its origin but there are people saying to ban it from the drive because of their personal biases against another community regardless of what the finished product comes out as and that just seems like a stupid reason.
>>
>>50610931
Riiight, so you'd have nothing to say is Naruto had a 0cp drawback where everyone was a furry of some kind since the MC was in the pilot? Because that's about the level of justification here.
>>
File: 1479766353457.jpg (228KB, 949x678px) Image search: [Google]
1479766353457.jpg
228KB, 949x678px
>>50610932
It was really popular for a time in the beggining. A fun simple shonen-like series.

Then whole Abyss business and the Gods started to appear and it turned into shit. Also worst girl gets thrown as the love interest of the MC instead of the two best girls.
>>
>>50610943
I think what he's trying to say is that because it's 0 CP and optional, and only going to be used for people to make OC waifus and turn the entire world female hence author's own magical realm, you could probably overlook it and just let SJ or Cthulhu have their wank.
>>
>>50610953
Son, you realize that you're talking about an absolutely niche setting, one that's literally a dime a dozen as far as the whole augmented reality fic thing goes right?

I get that you're attached to it. You might even think it was the best thing in the world at a time. But you should probably realize that outside of your own little circle, most people would look at this and probably consider it worthless. It's probably best if you didn't let your own bias towards this setting drag you into what others can turn into a blood feud between two niche circles.

Heck, eventually somebody from here might end up making a Gamer jump themselves.
>>
>>50610886
>>50610811
Okay so, THA just gave me an idea that might solve it. Basically, making a 'rulings document' like what MarvelAnon has for Marvel where anything that is something that won't go directly into the supplement, like answers to questions on what things can do at certain ranks. It'd probably start from scratch with just what rulings I'd remember but I'd be able to update it every few weeks with any new rulings I'd made.

How is that for a solution?
>>
>>50610874
Personally, I feel that the appeal of The Gamer ability to be not its strength but how it makes quantifying that strength easy. Like, there are plenty of series where the protagonist grows in strength ridiculously fast. That's not unique to The Gamer. What is, is the way that the power is listed and codified. Someone who just grows in strength super fast has a nebulous increase in that strength, unclear how much stronger they are until they've fought multiple opponents of varying levels of strength so we can judge based on how easy each fight was for them. The Gamer, though, just knows that his Mana Arrow skill leveled up six times, and now does an additional 60% damage while allowing him to summon two more arrows per casting. The format of everything being game mechanics makes the power increases easily digestible, there's no thought that needs to be put into it when you can just read off your stats. There's a simplicity there that's intriguing. Of course, that's also why I don't actually care about The Gamer in the context of Jumpchain, we have other perks that let me look at my stat sheet.
>>
>>50610932
I started reading the manga before I got into jumpchain. Don't make assumptions. Just because you personally don't like a setting doesn't mean that a jump can't be made of it. You have to give valid reasons why the setting in particular can't fit into jumpchain. Is it too lewd? Is it too powerful? What exactly is the problem with the setting?
>>
>>50610942
Alright, that's fair.

Unfortunately, as I've mentioned this entire conversation has actually soured my view on The Gamer as a setting. Call me high-handed if you will and I am definitely running on pure frustration at this point, but it all sounds an awful lot like SAO.

I can honestly say I've only ever spoken for myself throughout this whole debacle, and I apologise if I've given any impression otherwise. My objections to it have always been founded primarily on the design decisions of the jump with consideration for one of the makers' notoriously uncooperative attitude towards criticism, NOT to do with SB.

Actually I'm really looking forward to Cracker Jack's DC Occult jump. Other than Hellblazer and the Endless, what "occult" DC properties are there, does anyone know?
>>
>>50610980
I like it.
>>
>>50611006
Zatanna, Shadowpact, Books of Magic, Etrigan the Demon, Swamp Thing, Phantom Stranger, plenty of others but those are the first that come to mind.
>>
>>50610984
I like that one from Gemcraft, even though I imagine I'd get a headache from looking into a mirror.

>Beauty: ERROR

Anyway I guess it sounds like a mix of the Number Man from Worm and DBZ's scouters.
>>
>>50610990
>Just because you personally don't like a setting doesn't mean that a jump can't be made of it
I don't give a shit if it's made or not. Like I said before, I don't find anything interesting about this setting, but it also doesn't have anything that affects me or is appealing, so I'm more than happy to ignore its existence.

What I am telling you that we don't all share your interests, and we don't give a flying fuck why you want the jump. Either you finish the jump and post it up, or all you're doing is continuing a pointless argument. If you can spend this much time drumming up rhetoric, you can be making the jump and finishing it.

Let's suppose that either side had "valid reasons" for either banning it or making it, guess what? It doesn't stop the jumpmaker from making it, and guess what, even if the folks here did ban it, SB has their own drive for that specific reason. We've had people make jumps of CoC even after people told them not to, so your whole fuss about justification is pretty fucking pointless.
>>
>>50610984
The only thing that is actually worth it for a Jumper that isn't anywhere in the chain is the ability of learning magics just by touching a book.

The rest of the gamer powerset is pretty much worthless or can be gained in other jumps.

>>50610979
C'mon little anon, you're a little cranky, aren't you? It's getting pretty late, shouldn't you be on your bed already? If you miss your sleep you won't be able to shitpost tomorrow!
>>
>>50611018
>The only thing that is actually worth it for a Jumper that isn't anywhere in the chain is the ability of learning magics just by touching a book.
You could arguably do even that with the Drop In perk in Princess Bride that lets you read a book just by touching it, combined with enhanced learning perks. Maybe that perk from one of the Elder Scrolls jumps (I forget which) that lets you raise your skills from reading books.
>>
>>50611018
>Late
>It's noon.
anon why do you sleep in midday?
>>
>>50611042
I assume he's somewhere in the United States, in which case it's anywhere between three and six AM at this point. I am, too, I'm on the East Coast and just woke up about an hour ago. I've been having trouble sleeping through the night, lately.
>>
>>50611042
Most of the thread seems to be from overseas, chap.
>>
>>50611052
Why don't you people sleep at normal times and wake up like normal people do. Sleeping anytime past 11 just fucks up the sleep schedule.
>>
>>50611040
Reading it and automatically gaining the spells/skills from touching it is something that even with enhanced learning perks is not going to happen.

You might get close to that level, but surely not on the same level.
>>
>>50611062
I don't know, man. I try to sleep at normal times, but if I do I just wind up waking up at five in the morning like I did just now. My carpool isn't for another two hours, I'm just sitting around like a chump until then.
>>
>>50611040
>combined with enhanced learning perks.
Why would you need to combine it with anything? Most settings' spellbooks aren't like Skyrim gameplay where you gain a dubious "power" just by reading it. It's usually just esoteric knowledge.

Though the "mental" Soft-cap has few peers in other jumps.
>>
File: tumblr_oh7jgk4pbz1vj4j1yo1_500.jpg (150KB, 500x694px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oh7jgk4pbz1vj4j1yo1_500.jpg
150KB, 500x694px
>>50611062
>I go to sleep at 12pm and wake up 8pm

What kind of monster am I?
>>
>>50611018
>The only thing that is actually worth it for a Jumper that isn't anywhere in the chain is the ability of learning magics just by touching a book.
>The rest of the gamer powerset is pretty much worthless or can be gained in other jumps.

I don't think people realize that replacing the Gamer power set is literally as easy as taking a bunch of 100 - 200 CP options to change things like interface, have RPG leveling systems, skill growth. Even autoreading is in other jumps.
On top of that, there's nothing to stop people from making jumps with even cheaper "Gamer" sets as far as CP cost goes. Plenty of manga out there with similar abilities and different varieties of worlds. Not to mention the magic in the Gamer pales in comparison to something like Hero BBS.
>>
File: Dream.jpg (32KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
Dream.jpg
32KB, 600x300px
>>50611092
8am*

Fuck, that would really be weird. 20 hours of sleep.

Now I want to make chain about a Jumper that sleeps 20 hours a day and defeats his enemies through dreams.
>>
>>50611075
It depends on the magic system. If it's the sort of magic you can cast by rote, then it would work fine. If it's the sort where you have to master some meditation technique to learn how to channel the mana, or whatever, then it will just set you on the path.
>>
>>50611099
>Even autoreading is in other jumps.
For the last time, it's not autoreading. You literally get to skip the whole training process and become able to do what's inside of the book in a second. Including complex magics, without any training.
>>
>>50611092
I don't know, you work nights? 8 hours is pretty normal mate.

>>50611075
There are perks for auto learning spells and skills from touching books, should check things like Libromancer or some of the magic RPGs, don't remember which.
>>
>>50611017
Not the maker and never been to SB's community.
>we don't all share your interests, and we don't
Stop trying to talk for the thread.
This is really starting to annoy me, I'm going to go do something else.
>>
>>50611123
Libriomancer perks let you learn spells from watching them being used or have them used on you. Similar to the ones in Overlord and Young Justice.
>>
>>50611119
Just use Elona's system then, that's literally what Elona does. You read a book, you gain whatever the book has. It sounds like you're trying to hype up this ability real hard when realistically it doesn't even have much purpose except to save time, arguably the asset that jumpers have the most of. Heck if you really want it that bad you could probably just make a jump and put it as a 200 CP option or something. Use one of those VRMMO settings to justify it, or one of those isekai settings.
>>
>>50611075
I'm pretty sure there was a perk that let you gain more skill from reading a book related to the skill in Elder Scrolls
>>
>>50611148
>Elona has that

Huh, really? Well, I stand corrected then.
>>
>>50611154
Elona has a lot of shit that isn't quantified directly in perks, and the place is so meta that it might as well be the roguelike version of the Gamer. Most people just never bothered playing the game and only heard of its memes, but all of the exploits that hardcore players used translated into a jumper is enough to make the jumper upgrade in massive ranks, and it can be easily done in a decade if you know the right paths.
>>
>>50611101
>>50611092
You are just a person that wants a quiet life and doesn't care about winning or losing. However if you were to fight, you wouldn't lose
>>
>>50611172
I tried to play Elona but I don't understand it. How do I Elona, what do I download?
>>
>>50611204
Elona has its own board on jp with most of the info a newbie would ever need. >>>/jp/16221040

The most notable exploits that the jump has is with Wish abuse for any attainable item in game, Stat grind (Grinding Max Life and Mana are generally really easy with certain time exploits). Grabbing a bunch of Timestop artifacts. Using Elona's internal system to make your own Living Weapons and customize them at will (even worse if you use the old system, where Living Weapons had infinite growth, nowdays in Elona+ they're capped at L15 iirc). Using the fact that the jump lets you grab companions willy nilly to get a team of Old Ones or Gods with Astral Light Pens. A gene machine can be attained for free in world and you can use it to hack body parts onto yourself. Similarly pokeballs are sold later on, though from my own game I only had up to level 150 - 200 pokeballs.
>>
File: Kira.png (228KB, 680x382px) Image search: [Google]
Kira.png
228KB, 680x382px
>>50611198
>>
>>50611237
>>50611204
To add on to that, Elona also has in world items for controlling gender, age, and weight, all of which can be mass produced. This can also be used on items to make weird as fuck shit like a 0.1g spear that does seven varieties of elemental damage (but usually this isn't advised by vets since elemental damage has all sorts of wonky effects, and concentrating is usually better) God killing weapons, dragon killing weapons, demon killing weapons are all pretty run of the mill by the time you get to later game (again, easy within a decade, especially nowdays if you're prepped up well).

It's probably one of the weirdest places to get a Big Daddy as a companion, but it's completely possible, along with some other wonky guys like an expy of Godzilla's Ghidorah (there's another that might be DnD's Tiamat). If you wank that custom races are ok for the jump, then the game's in game data allows you to become a God to start with, in addition to Machine races, and whatnot.
>>
So I checked last threads and seen mention that SJ-chan made a jump about setting she knew nothing about and Red got so angry she watched that movie to point out how wrong about stuff a jump was.

But they said it was called Biosphere but I only found a documentary
>>
>>50611460
It's called The Fountain.
>>
>>50611460
You misunderstood. The movie/jump is called The Fountain, the Biosphere is something in that movie that SJ-chan used as an excuse to make a Warehouse expansion that has nothing to do with the Biosphere in the movie.
>>
>>50607120
The body mod isn't in the OP?
>>
File: 420 praise it okuu.jpg (220KB, 500x652px) Image search: [Google]
420 praise it okuu.jpg
220KB, 500x652px
>>50608312
Go to Touhou, purchase Infernal Sun.
Make your own sun. Then get people to praise it.
>>
>>50608944
I have a question: Do things like your soul-demons in Infernals and your Demon-spawn in Hero BBS travel with you without the need of being companions?

They're technically you, and it would be a pain of the ass having to create them on every Jump.
>>
File: Hey kid wanna purge.jpg (128KB, 1024x724px) Image search: [Google]
Hey kid wanna purge.jpg
128KB, 1024x724px
140. Supernatural
=================
Location - Rivergrove
Origin - Hunter - 100
Age - 24

Perks
- Weapons Training
- Hunting - 200
- Exorcism - 350
- The Cure - 650
>Boy's don't cry

Items
>So much free shit for hunters
- EMF Meter
- Iron Crowbar
- Handgun
- Fake ID
- Silver Lining
- Shotgun
- Hunters Journal
- Salt - 700
- Holy Beads - 750
- Bible - 800
- Matching Tattoos - 900
- Borax - 1000

I've seen a few episodes but I don't know the scale of the threat, but it seemed pretty dire whenever I watched it. So how fucked would I be if I tried to organise an SCP style paranormal response organisation?

>"Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for gathering here on such short notice. As you may have noticed, the end days coming soon and I don't believe that this method of hunting is as effective as it could be. Sure, salt, silver and rituals seem to deal with the issues presented, but all we ever do is react to threats. We're constantly on the defensive, and when we do go on the offensive it does seem rather half cocked. Simply put, I have come to you with a proposal to stop this Hillbilly bullshit and organize."

>"A lot of you here are first generation hunters, taken as orphans or traumatised adults and trained to fight these forces of darkness, but how many do we leave in our wake to pick up the pieces on their own? Every one of these is a wasted opportunity to increase our ranks and expand our network."

>"I understand your concerns, I certainly see the issues posed with centralisation of power. I suggest we keep the small team organisation but formalise it into a clandestine cell structure with diversified business fronts that we can use to fund research into additional counters, store this information in redundant cloud servers and mass manufacture of anti-demon weapons. We're playing catch up, and quite frankly I'm a bit tired of of playing the pawn in a battle between 2 eldritch forces."
>>
>>50611101
>not going to sleep at 1 am and waking up at 5 am
get on my level
>>
>>50612027
>sleeping a whole FOUR HOURS in one seating
get a load of this guy
>>
>>50607120
Do people post their jumps ITT like they do in the cyoa general?
>>
>>50611951
There's no official ruling on taking things you've created with you, but Quicksilver's notes say "just do whatever you think makes sense, I don't care". So the ruling many people use is that people you've created (whether children, robots, genetically-altered abominations or weird independent soul-fragments) count as Companions. Your demons would come along, though they'd be subject to the normal limits on active Companions.
>>
>>50611987
>So how fucked would I be if I tried to organise an SCP style paranormal response organisation?
Well there's one that exists canonically that's defunct in the US but alive and thriving in the UK. Do a good enough job and they may want to partner with you. Their methods are extreme enough that they'd be right up your alley.

How extreme, you say? They've managed to silently conduct exterminatus on all xenos in the UK and have warded the whole bloody island so that if something shows up its hunted and dead within days.
>>
>>50612027
>>50612051
Plebs.

Yesterday I took a 45 minute nap and woke up to eat a whole bowl of cereal. . . all by myself.

BOOM.
>>
File: What is this.jpg (60KB, 522x438px) Image search: [Google]
What is this.jpg
60KB, 522x438px
>>50612140
>silently conduct exterminatus on all xenos in the UK

Supernatural has aliens?
>>
>>50609621
I leik eet
>>
>>50612163
Monsters, xenos, whatever you want to call them.
>>
>>50612163
Nah, he's talking xenos as in foreigners. Nasty lot.
>>
>>50612163
Next season most likely.
>>
>>50612169
Xenos are aliens in 40K
Heretics are humans that fell to Chaos or those that consort with xenos. Basically anyone that doesn't follow the Imperial Creed.
Demons are Demons

And good for the UK.

>>50612173
[Urge to red pill thread on the UKs immigration situation intensifies]
>>
File: JC9.jpg (437KB, 2000x1340px) Image search: [Google]
JC9.jpg
437KB, 2000x1340px
>>50610077
>>50610134
...hey.

Hey, you know what the best part about terrible, terrible, TERRIBLE decisions and jumping is? I've been to all the jumps!

I've finally done them all!

Until someone makes a new one, The Jumper Formerly Known As ASA And Currently Known As Garlock can drift blissfully in nonexistence, his last memories being those of watching the sun rise over Kamina City with his bestest bros, saluting with their drills at each other like the Three Musketeers! There is no responsibility, no crushing weight of failure, no all-consuming shame of having succumbed to filthy evolutionary energy! Again!

So laugh all you want, because as far as I know the latest WIP's a long way off.

And until then, I might as well be in companion stasis myself.

>>50612027
Are you me

>>50611987
That is a surprisingly good idea

As of season 12, the most menacing villains out there are the British branch of the Men of Letters, who have the powers of being the Illuminati and also being British

Lucifer just...becomes increasingly incompetant, depowered and generally pathetic. He was last seen being sent back to Hell after feeling happy because he made a baby with some lady. He got banished by ONE THROWAWAY ARTIFACT from one of the British Illuminati's stock, and a witch

But yeah, apparently all you need to dominate the setting is a crack team of black ops crew who own a lot of sniper rifles, grenade launchers and borax.

The local deities and archangels have an annoying habit of infighting and generally being conveniently incompetant. The only exception is Death, who's actually a cool dude who helped prevent the apocalypse.

If S&D have proven anything, you can basically wipe the floor with just about everything else if you know its' occult weakness. I strongly recommend having at least 1 witch and 1 friendly angel to teach your men the ropes and to deal with time shenanigans respectively.
>>
File: Heretical.jpg (432KB, 867x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Heretical.jpg
432KB, 867x1300px
>>50612253
>1 witch and 1 friendly angel
>>
Kamen Rider Neo-Heisei question Gara's Lost Work mentions using a human sacrifice for making a core medal. Can you skirt that by cutting up a clone? Like there's no one home, just a body. Sorta like Eclipse Phase morph. What about the animal fetuses, can they also be cloned and used?
>>
>>50612079
You mean the jump .pdfs? Only when they're new, changed, or updated. They're otherwise kept on the google drive.

If you mean people's builds, yeah, they post them if they feel like it.
>>
>>50612363
I meant the builds. Thank you!
>>
>>50612231
Xenos are aliens everywhere, Strike. It's literally what the word means.
>>
>>50610606
Does God Hand replica grant both the ability to resurrect 12 times and the ability to cancel out all attacks at a lower level then it. You should probably nerf a jumper version because that seems ridiculous even by Nasu-verse standards.
>>
>>50612305
Or you could you know not be a bastard and use 99 cell metals instead like I do
>>
>>50610873
Part ≠ practically all.
>>
File: Dearemperorhow.jpg (46KB, 365x320px) Image search: [Google]
Dearemperorhow.jpg
46KB, 365x320px
>>50612418
I-I know that!
B-but the Creed delineates between the Materium and the Immaterium threats with Xenos and Demons respectively as they pose different kinds of threats!
>>
>>50612457
God Hand has indeed been nerfed for years to only grant one life. Considering upping that a little at high levels but it's unlikely to change for now.

>>50612512
Strike. Sometimes you just need to let go of all the regulations and rules and laws and just burn it all. You know you want to, deep down.
>>
>>50612305
The Cup of the King+lots of regeneration perks+ waveform anatomy= all the cell metals you want
>>
File: 1457976012610.png (295KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1457976012610.png
295KB, 1000x800px
>>50612541
This action is supported by the Lectitio Divinitatus but I want you to understand Val, I consider the fact that you consider spiders as some kind of evil further proof that they are indeed good.
>>
File: 8949846315.png (436KB, 708x994px) Image search: [Google]
8949846315.png
436KB, 708x994px
>>50610873
Look, I only put that note in because a lot of people were assuming that Canti was still going to have access to Atmosk's power after the end of the story. He was merely a vessel for the power at the time and once Atmosk escaped, he took his power with him.

The full note reads "He will not come with access to Atmosk's power Post-Jump. He won't have it for more than a few weeks anyways unless you dramatically alter the story. If you do, just figure something out. He never has full access of it anyways."

So, no, TL;DR version is, you can't modify him to keep 99% of Atmosk's power. You can't even modify him to keep 1% of it. If you muck up the story, he will be able to keep doing what he's shown to do in the anime. I.E. The Wildly Strong perk he already gets.
>>
>>50610560
I don't think people have realized yet that one of the loudest anti-SB people is the shitposter just because he can use it to cause strife, trick you people into eating one another, and he can use it to keep us from getting jumps (which helps his goal of killing us off.)
>>
>>50612686
Funny, people say the same thing about those who use things like 'the shitposter' or 'timmy'.
>>
File: tumblr_ofo6ycRkGe1unm603o1_1280.png (489KB, 990x676px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ofo6ycRkGe1unm603o1_1280.png
489KB, 990x676px
>>50612712
Everything's a conspiracy

The only thing you can believe in is Daughterus
>>
File: 222555777.jpg (40KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
222555777.jpg
40KB, 704x396px
>>50612637
Truly, the answer of one struggling with a great moral divide within themselves. Why, what else could explain the skillful evasion that Strike has just committed.

I applaud your attempt to direct the conversation to me Strike, but we both know what's really going on inside that heart of yours. We both know that all those classifications, Xenos, Heretic, Daemon, they don't really matter to you.

You just like the fire.
>>
File: 9874841.png (494KB, 717x997px) Image search: [Google]
9874841.png
494KB, 717x997px
>>50612737
Too right.

>>50612679
Looks like I forgot my name up there. This is what I get for clearing my cookies.
>>
>>50612737
Without a fatheru, the daughterus are nothing. A motheru might suffice tho
>>
>>50612102
I feel weird companioning myself.
>>
File: dowant.jpg (18KB, 464x360px) Image search: [Google]
dowant.jpg
18KB, 464x360px
>>50612754
I couldn't agree more, anon.
>>
>>50612712
You're making the argument that an obvious baiter who comes in here to rant and shit on our jumpmakers doesn't exist. Anyone with any experience in the thread knows that to be bullshit.
>>
File: sob3.jpg (213KB, 620x804px) Image search: [Google]
sob3.jpg
213KB, 620x804px
>>50612748
Tis the fire of humanity that I like Val, and to witness the enemies of the Emperor reduced to embers and purified by it's physical manifestation is an experience without peer.
>>
File: 775522.jpg (202KB, 1600x955px) Image search: [Google]
775522.jpg
202KB, 1600x955px
>>50612816
Ah but it's so broad a term isn't it? Enemies of the Emperor. Anyone could be an enemy. Any man a heretic,any woman a secret Xenos spy. Even a child could be hiding the most monstrous of Warp taints within them. And anyone who betrayed your Glorious Emperor...why, you could hardly call them human.

All it would take is a slip of the finger after all. Who would accuse or blame such a loyal, righteous soldiers as yourself for being extra vigilant in your purging?
>>
>>50612848
You can't really hide warp taint. It's big and obvious.
>>
File: 1473553740234.png (393KB, 764x691px) Image search: [Google]
1473553740234.png
393KB, 764x691px
>>50612848
Just a slip of the finger, I swear.
>>
>>50612858
I'm sure there's some form that's less noticeable. That seemed to be a pretty common theme, at least in a lot of the Dark Heresy stuff.
>>
File: 2ewhavd.jpg (14KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
2ewhavd.jpg
14KB, 640x360px
>>50612884
No one can hold out forever. One day, you'll be just like me.
>>
>>50607663
Is this going to be included later on? >>50607635

>The description of the House of Mystery doesn't mention being able to let inactive companions roam around in it. It also has two 'final notes' in the description.
>>
File: gkl;sdg.jpg (44KB, 368x355px) Image search: [Google]
gkl;sdg.jpg
44KB, 368x355px
>>50612899
I know
>>
File: 999.jpg (66KB, 481x671px) Image search: [Google]
999.jpg
66KB, 481x671px
>>50612922
I'll wait for you.
>>
>>50612816
>>50612848
>>50612884
>>50612899
>>50612922
>Munching_Popcorn.gif
I love this board and all you guys sometimes.
>>
>>50612915
Yep.
>>
>>50609621
Are you putting aside the other stuff to do this? Because don't get me wrong, I love the idea, but I'm way more hyped for MCU part 2.
>>
>>50613094
Great! May ask a few questions?

>Would you still be able to decide who gets to roam and who remains frozen in the void?
>Would companions be able to work or do some things inside the House?
>>
>>50610943
...Naruto has a fanfic drawback you could use for that. Hell, you could use it to genederbend the world and and retain it for future worlds, too.
>>
>>50612922
>>50612941
I sometimes forget that Strike fangirls for Val. Thank you both for reminding me of this glorious pairing.

>>50612941
I still maintain you'd be a decent boss by virtue of your honesty, if nothing else.
>>
>>50607255
>Lucifer 2016 (0 CP): Hey, what’s this? What’s going on? What the Hell happened to these
characters? Why would you want this? This is terrible.

You monster.
>>
>>50607255
>Lucifer 2016
That makes no sense being in this jump.
>>
>>50613207
I'm confused. You can keep the Fanverse Drawback for future worlds?
>>
>>50613338
Read the rules.
>>
>>50613338
One of the more commonly accepted house rulings is that you can keep 0 point drawbacks in future jumps if they don't offer an advantage. Once you drop it, though, it's dropped for good.
>>
>>50613120
I don't see why not.

>>50613287
It's hidden joke text. It doesn't even change anything because that story happened anyway.
>>
>>50613366
>IT's hidden joke text

It gives the wrong impression. Could it be removed.
>>
>>50613399
How?
>>
>>50613361
I guess fanfiction that completely rewrite the setting and power levels are not allowed, right?
>>
>>50613399
I mean, I have no personal attachment to it, so it won't really upset me. I'm just curious how it gives the wrong idea?
>>
Alright, /jc/, I'll be straight with you.

I joke about /jc/ having no sense of humor. Alright? I even correlate it to the shitty quality of the Comedy jump.

But then you go and get posters like this >>50613399 and I get very worried.
>>
>>50613399
It's a joke and a zero point drawback. Calm down, anon.
>>
>>50613450
Does it advantage you or provide you power that you wouldn't have from the jump or in the universe otherwise? Then yes, it wouldn't be cool.
>>
>>50613458
"Jokes" don't belong in jumps.
>>
File: Raaawr.jpg (90KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Raaawr.jpg
90KB, 1280x720px
>>50613243
You and me anon? We're going to take this company up up and up. Stick with me and nothing will stay in our way! We've got the best dental you've ever seen and by god, no one on this Earth or any other can the cafeteria we have.

Together, we're going right to the top! of the food chain

you better believe it's 3 AM
>>
File: i7rFSMl.jpg (30KB, 960x541px) Image search: [Google]
i7rFSMl.jpg
30KB, 960x541px
>>50613505
>>
File: Step-8.jpg (94KB, 1333x767px) Image search: [Google]
Step-8.jpg
94KB, 1333x767px
>>50613518
>>
>>50610465
Same as the dating sim drawback. There was a short what-if/omake in the comic itself.
>>
>>50613505
Oh are we shitposting about jokes now? Which jump's next?

Oh I know, how about Undertale?
>>
>>50613594
Homer, we're in Undertale!
Thread posts: 539
Thread images: 70

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.