[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Backstories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

ITT: We will post interesting backstories for some of our characters i will start with my most recent one that made with the Volo guide

>Is Yuan-ti sorcerer
>but he doesn't quite know it yet
>Mother was an airheaded barmaid who joined a serpent cult
>Gave herself to the leader who was a pureblood infiltrator
>was charmed many times mind became broken
>eventually liberated by uncle (who is a wizard) but is now insane
>raises Character after he discovers latent magic ability
>in Volo's guide children of Yuan-ti and human don't exhibit Yuan-ti traits until puberty
>Puberty comes around develops serpent eyes
>chalks it up to dragon lineage (does have green dragon ancestor eons past)
>slowly discovering true lineage
>searches or father
>will be in for a surprise
>>
>Teenager fucking around on a bridge
>Gets struck by lightning
>Falls off bridge into open barrel of toxic waste on moving truck.
>Truck gets hit by meteor and explodes.
>Teenager is flung out of the barrel into a mad scientist's laboratory.
>Expirimental animals bite him 26 times
>He falls out of the second story window in front of a wizard, which is startled and zaps him with magic.
>Teenager Dies horribly in hospital to super magical cancer
>Brother watched entire event and was traumatized
>Brother lost himself in virtual reality video games until ending up in poorly made SAO campaign.
>>
>dragon-totem barbarian tribe
>faux-mongols
>worship the sky-dragon
>child born to tribe shaman
>strong dragon lineage (which is good)
>except, it isn't blue (whoops)
>and her mother was some mysterious red lady who stayed around the shaman just long enough to give birth (lay?) and then fucked off forever
>and nobody in the tribe will tell her about her mother
>grow up as burly and capable warrior who tries to paint herself blue to better fit in with her tribe
>run into a little trouble in an inter-tribe raid at one point; wise old father (who has remarried) suggests she fucks off and goes a viking uh, I mean, adventuring until it all blows over
>>
>Warforged Fighter
>Created by a celestial
>Kills creator like a grateful construct and takes creator's sword
>Rallies up other warforged
>Creates a company of warforged in the creator's dungeon
>Kill and loot those that enter
>Everything is fine until a certain group of adventurers enter
>"Oh Fuck, there fucking shit up" nopes the fuck out of the dungeon alone
>Somehow loses sword
>Some faggot finds the sword
>Casual Adventurer Faggot
>Goes to hunt this faggot
>Faggot gets in the spotlight with the sword
>Faggot sails to a new continent get gain more fame
>Will follow the faggot to the ends of the realm for that sword
>Lands on the continent with all that is needs to search and destroy the faggot

First boss of the game manipulated my warforged. I had 22 ac at level one, could have TPK the entire team... if they didnt kill the boss before i could kill them all. It only took a single attack to down the cleric...
>>
>>50606137
>>Mother was an airheaded barmaid who joined a serpent cult
>>in Volo's guide children of Yuan-ti and human don't exhibit Yuan-ti traits until puberty
Well this is going to allow some fun characters!
>>
>>50606137
>Is a sword for hire
>You can hire him
Entire backstory my character needs.

If I've learned anything from experience over the years is that you never, ever should give your GM reasons to fuck your PC due to the backstory. Keep it as simple as possible and you are safe from shitty scenarios that are supposed to be "personal", but rather turn up into boring cringe-fest
>>
Since I'm GM for life, let's look at my party

>Druid
>A former criminal, trying to repent his past sins
>Accidently got his brother killed
>Has a serious phobia about blood due to being trapped under a pile of dead bodies, choking him with the dripping blood
>Stoned out of his mind most of the time to not get a PTSD outburst
Player actually manages to roleplay through all of that without going hammy or cringy

>Fighter
>Gimli No. 120165093228
>No backstory at all
>Who needs one

>Fighter #2
>5 pages long backstory starting with grandparents
>Boils down to low-tier nobility, tomboys and rebellious phase
>Funny as fuck to read, but content by itself is just cliche chasing cliche
>If you remember Mulan doing pretentious, ultra-musculine Ping and failing miserably, this is it, fully intentional

>Wizard
>Orphan
>Picked up by Council "talent hunter", rised and trained to be a mage
>Holding pretty significant rank of resident mage in certain city far far away
>Is in fact a con artist and all of it is a bullshit story
>The only real part is that he's orphan and can into magic
>Party doesn't know
>>
>Youthful Yuan-ti Prince
>Minor Sorccerer as he had spent most of his teenage years wooing the qt Princess of the Coastal Empire with Seasnakes for hair
>time lost from the height of the ancient Yuan-ti empire
>displaced 11,000 years into a strange future half-way across the world after waking up in a dispelled stasis block in a Magic University
>can only converse with the Professor who speaks proto-Snakeanese and a few of the staff in High Draconic and a Kobold assistant
>can only really relate to the Kobold and his small humble Kobold Family
>fully believes there's been a terrible mistake and he's been teleported to a far off land across the ocean from his jungle and lagoon filled homeland of glorious shining palaces and temples all hanging gardens of babylon sytle
>agree to expedition to homeland to get home and also to secure trade relations with these new unknown peoples across the sea
>learns common on the boat trip with the help of his only real friend the Kobold and the Professor's heavy use of Comprehend Languages
>gets to know the rest of the party over the 7 month voyage and expedition across part of a continent and through a maze of ancient mines through the mointains into the interior
>triumphently opens the final gate with ease since it's riddle is in his native tounge and ties in to his people's religion
>finally realizes what Time-Lost means when his lush vibrant jungle lagoon home is a rotting monster infested boggy bottom swamp filled with the ruins of his home
>a number of massive statues depict the last great queen of his people
>she clearly has snakes for hair
>the professor explains that she saved the empire from an invasion by an army that was wiped out completely and that she blamed the for the death of her beloved
>she died of old age childless and unamarried
>the cataclysm that destroyed his home and people happened two generations later and resulted in the costal kingdom becoming the progenerators of the medusa race
>sadsnake.jpg
>>
>Giant Dwarfish jerk treats everyone like shit
>worships money "oh boy here we go.jpg"
>He is a cleric of money but it isnt about greed its about the potential that money gives people
>accidently sold the memory of his adopted daughter for an axe is ruining his life since he cant remember her and its how he justified his behavior
>>
>>50610416
Daww. Sounds an interesting character to play.
>>
My Beguiler, folks.
>parents and family ground him because they are afraid he will misbehave
>he's mad, because it's the second time they've done it, in fact, he's so mad that a splinter of his personality breaks free and lands in material plane
>the splinter is in great resemblance of his father, but has little to no power to speak of, only great personal charm, wits, illusions and natural lying talent
>he can also shapeshift into various forms, for example that of a great wolf
>becomes Mr. Wolf to great underworld mafia leader in order to gain enough power, allies and strength to make good on his revenge against Nordic Pantheon and break himself free
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.