[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Imperium Asunder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 229
Thread images: 13

File: Asunder Map.png (4MB, 1398x1398px) Image search: [Google]
Asunder Map.png
4MB, 1398x1398px
Oramar Edition

Previously on Imperium Asunder >>50484795

This is a 40k alt-lore thread with new legions to replace the old ones, new xenos races in addition to the old ones, and a bunch of other wild shit , new posters are always welcome.
Want to find out what the setting's deal is? Check out our wiki.
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Imperium_Asunder
The wiki is still not as up to date as we'd like, feel free to post questions/clarifications/ideas
>>
File: Katar.jpg (23KB, 595x321px) Image search: [Google]
Katar.jpg
23KB, 595x321px
Idea: Arms of Asura power katars.
>>
Bumping because everyone is asleep.
>>
More like... Oral-mar edition...?
>>
>>50592142
Anders please go.
>>
>>50590966
I like it.

Where were we with Oramar?
>>
>>50590966
I can get behind that, yes.

>>50590798
So from last thread, I like the idea that Oramar ramps it up, but I think he should have a chastisement kind of deal, less serious than Monarchia, but basically the Emperor tries to have Oramar go campaign with Alexios. One of those moments when it could have worked but a. Alexios is an asshole and Anshul and Xun aren't there to temper things
b. Oramar is already working on the Anathema research
All it does is complicate Primarch relationships.
>>
>>50592478
So what do we have for Oramar already. Who wants to take the lead on his development.
What do we still need to know
>>
>>50593138
Well, to summarize, Oramar comes down on Azrimuth, a desert world littered with the ruins of an ancient xenos civilization. These are strictly off limits thanks to Khaoyoss taint, but as our young sand Pirate grows up and learns to feel the currents of the winds, his instinctive sorcery gets a major boost during the Season of the Witch, when the Deldar show up to party.
It's hunting season and Oramar breaks taboo to hide out in the Saruthi ruins.
The Deldar won't follow them there, so he uses it as a base, while also trying to use the ancient technology. He gets some simple stuff, enough to help the sand pirates, but mostly stumbles into a found footage horror film about chaos sweeping through Saruthi society.
It's in terrible shape and he gets only inklings of a Great Annihilator.
He captures a Deldar and tortures it for info, getting a garbled account of the Fall of the Eldar in the process. Mostly, though, Oramar weaves Xenotech and sandcunning to defeat the Dark Eldar bands. His intuition is uncanny and he realizes there are things he can do to boost his auguries, but it's not perfect and he gets his best buddy killed initiating a quest to get it perfect. As far as he's concerned the winds of chaos are like those on the salt flats. He just needs to deepen his understanding. He doesn't trust the warp, but he knows he can and must learn to harness it.

So he drives off the Dark Eldar, but they're pissed, the Kabal is pissed. And they're sending a much larger fleet. Anders shows up in system, maybe he's been hunting the Archon Al'thuor E'lex, better known as the Joker. (The Jester?)
E'Lexlu Tor fancies himself an artist of pain and earned Anders' Undying hatred committing unspeakable crimes against hive cities under Anders' guardianship.
So Anders is ready to throw restraint lit the window and kill this guy, which really impressed Oramar, as well as all the Xenos Auxiliae. So Oramar begins spinning his
>>
>>50593539
webs and seeking knowledge. His mobile tactics augment and synergize with the Paladins and when Oramar is eventually packed off for Terra to meet Dad, he's damn impressed by Anders. He may also have prophecies that Kor will never betray him. This comes true-- at Nikea, Anders isn't there.

Oramar is torn between an intense desire to know, to perfect his auguries, to share what he sees and his fear that he might accidentally spark a civil war. End result, he admires people deeply, but always keeps them at arms reach. And his predictions become an obsession, after a while, it doesn't matter why he's predicting or even the margin of error. He needs certainty, and this sends him off on his excavations until he learns of the Anathema. In the process, he has fulfilled some of his darker prophecies, but he's certain now and he has invested too much to turn back now. And so the galaxy must burn.

Might be worth writing that opening line to his writing, the equivalent of Lorgar's 'I only wanted the truth'.

Something about tugging the threads of the future, finding the gossamer strands of possibility coming apart in his hands as he sought to look at them. And so he is, with the Web he's woven over the past years, not the spider, but the fly, bound by the truths unraveled from the skein. The way is clear.

He's a neckbeard's neckbeard, too.
After a while, the Emperor realises he's a mall scorpion and, tired of hearing how wraithbone is folded over a million times, sends him to learn from Alexios, see above >>50592478 (I like the idea of.making things messier)

Then Nikea happens, but that's later.

So the big question I have is what happens to his tribe. Who are the important people in his youth and how does his legion respond to him? (I'm picturing something like stealthy White Scars.)

For.more detail, see last thread.
>>
>>50593647
That's actually something that has never been completely clear to me. In the IA, the Council of Nikaea is not about any sort of warpfuckery, but Oramar's xenofuckery, right?
>>
>>50594119
I think it's both.

The Emperor is like "ORAMAR you little turd, you've been using xenotech and trafficking with malefic warp entities, this is not allowed. I will now send you home with what appears to be a slap on the wrist, but then send Balthasar after you. Also, everyone will now have chaplains to watch their psykers and make sure they're not slipping into sorcery or tech-heresy. Don't make me send Balthasar or Aodhan after you, sons. I'm looking at you, Xun and Anshul and to a lesser extent Anders."
>>
>>50594119
It's about two issues.

Oramar is as much a sorcerer as a xenoarcheologist. IIRC Alexios wrote about the tribes on his planet believing in jinns and Oramar and his more skilled disciples summoning daemons as familiars.
>>
>>50596530
But Oramar isn't really a sorcerer, is he? He's a psyker, yes, but he doesn't throw lightning and fire everywhere, he uses it to give himself advantages in physical combat.
>>
>>50596735
He looks into the future, contacts daemons for knowledge, etc.

He doesn't do combat sorcery like fireballs and stuff (though he does apparently teleport around and do subtle TK/time manipulation stuff), but he does plenty of ritual shit outside of fighting.

Anshul is an epic level psion. Xun is a high level spellsword. Oramar is a high level psychic warrior/rogue multiclass with experience dumped into knowing more arcana and rituals.
>>
>>50594119
>>50594943
I think really it's a combination of sorcery and Xenotech and it all has too much of a chaotic bent, but it's couched in such a way as to be a warning for sorcerors and xeno interaction in general.

It sounds scary and Anshul and Xun aren't deeply effected by it, but Xun mostly uses it as an excuse to requisition more Custodes. He's got the attitude that he's not doing anything wrong and he'll show them.

Not sure what happens with Anshul.

And Anders.

>>50597133
Sounds right.
>>
>>50593539
Wasnt he meant to be a freedom fighter. When did he change to pirate?
>>
>>50598828
>requisition more custodes
The fuck? Why would they be anywhere but with the emperor or possibly very short temporary jobs away?

They arent lasguns you dont just order a couple more in to boost your combat power.

Keep in mind a custode fought evenly with a primarch for a time. And their whole oath is to serve noone but the emperor. They are literally outside the chain of imperial command much like commissars.
>>
>>50599284
I thought the sand people were sand pirates?

>>50599421
I was thinking about Lorgar under surveillance by the Custodes. If the Emperor doesn't trust Xun and wants him watched, Xun's the type to declare he has nothing to hide and invite in the Custodian guard. They're preferable to the Wardens of the Eyes and I'm thinking Custodes and Sisters are better trained to police warp activity.
For his part, Xun still sees Custodes as symbols of Imperial authority.
Requesting Imperial oversight allows him to declare his loyalty to the Emperor while staying out of the Warmaster's orbit of control. He's basically declaring that he's so loyal, the hand of the Emperor himself will be at his side and not need to alter things.
Tacitly arrogant, justified as a display of loyalty.

Anshul, on the other hand, shrugs, decides it's not worth fighting, and accepts the Wardens.
>>
>>50593647
>Who are the important people in his youth and how does his legion respond to him?

Man, I'm pretty sure Alexios had a whole bunch of these guys written up.

Sure would be a good time for him to pop up.

>>
>>50602237
Alexios we summon ye
>>
>>50604687
If he doesn't show soon, do we want to save this and then move on to the next guy? Which would be Engerand. After him is Enoch.
>>
>>50605410
I vote move on and return to Oramar when Alexios shows himself.
>>
Also Doc, Raydon's history has been added to the Hawks wiki page.
>>
>>50607123
So Engerand next, yeah? Radioactive ghouls on Loestregia?
>>
>>50608738
I dont actually recall anything about his finding or youth.
>>
>>50607169
Cool, you're the best.

>>50608738
Thankfully Engerand already has quite the backstory. So it'd be great if someone could either whip up a summary, or we just read the Storm Hammers page. Isn't the problem with Oramar also going to be a factor here? The absence of Engerand himself?
>>
>>50610202
>the problem with Oramar also going to be a factor here? The absence of Engerand himself?
Not sure I understand what you mean
>>
>>50610463
Just like how we moved on with Oramar because Alexios isn't here, should we not wait for Engerand (the person) to be here before we do Engerand (the primarch).
>>
>>50610463
Also, I just found out the Crimson Warhawks are a quidditch team. How about that?
>>
After reading the wiki, it really seems like Engerand's youth on Lostregia and his discovery have been fully covered. There are probably a few things we could add - I remember someone saying that one of the iconic pieces of mythic imagery for the legion is Engerand charging the gates of Bellognatus' fortress and smiting them down with his hammer - but on the whole his days in the wild are pretty put together.

If we're going to talk about anything, it should be his introduction into the Imperium and his initial duties/campaigns.
>>
>>50611919
If I remember correctly, Engerand is the first primarch discovered after Rubinek gets the boot. That could kind of set the tone for his initial meetings with his brothers?
>>
>>50612440
That could be interesting.

Maybe as early as this we start to see divisions emerge, with different Primarchs approaching Engerand differently so as to prevent another Rubinek situation. Some want to make sure he knows to be careful, while others are more concerned with establishing absolute loyalty.
>>
>>50611537
Neeeerds.

This just in: Crimson Warhawks fondle balls. They also beat each other's balls with clubs.
>>
>>50611537
The Sky Serpents is also the name of Duke Sliscus' kabal in the OU.
>>
>>50614369
Yeah, but they're not Spess Maroons, so nobody cares.

So, which Primarchs did Engerand meet first, and how did that go?
>>
>>50616118
I could see he and Sarco getting along smashingly, especially since Engerand was there when Sarco got boxed by the phantom. Maybe they campaigned together a lot.
>>
>>50610598
>>50612440
Enoch, then?

>>50612819
Good idea. Might be worth figuring out just what his censure event looks like. Is there a trial/council?
>>
>>50612819
I suggest then we take a step back, determine in just a few words how each primarch would have interacted with Engerand post Rubinek. And then determine his mentor / finder from there.

Eg.
>Raydon
Having just lost one of his closer brothers he is very cautious about Engerand. Not wanting to become close to save himself from the loss of another brother from within.
>>
>>50616700
In which case, what happens with Rubinek-- trial? Does he get disappeared? Who finds him?

I think post Rubinek, people are going to be a bit more obsessive about purity and archaotech.
>>
>>50617385
Emps doesn't physically bring him to trial, he learn of Rubinek's tech-heresy through Imperial intelligence or because another Primarch alerted him.

He sends Balthasar after him before telling anyone else of the matter, hoping to vanish Rubinek and keep those in the know to a minimum. The Bloodhounds however are repelled and shit spirals out of control.
>>
>>50618359
OK then. I think that would create a major sense of paranoia. Who is the snitch, etc.
>>
>>50619585
>>50618359
How does this get played out to the other Primarchs.

If they find out that Balthasar has gone after Rubinek it would seem to them that he is infact the traitor wouldnt it?

What do they get told?
>>
>>50620784
I'm guessing the truth has to out to preserve unity. Big E has already lost one Primarch to this fiasco, he can't risk a bunch of Balthasar's brothers getting the wrong idea and teaming up to tear him apart.
>>
>>50619585
Do we want to confirm the snitch's identity? Or leave it vague?

Maybe the truth never comes to light and the the Emperor just tells everyone that 'Imperial intelligence' discovered Rubinek's deviancy, but there are a lot of suspicions and a few Primarchs seem pretty overtly satisfied with how things played out despite the confusion.

I imagine a few people might suspect Faustus or Alexios, since they have a monumental shared boner for genetic purity, whereas others might be glancing sidelong at The Heir, seeing as he's the sneakmaster. Maybe the Warmaster manages to get most people thinking of Faustus as the snitch, partially assisted by how eager Faustus seems to insist that The Heir must have been responsible whenever he meets one of his brothers.
>>
>>50621092
I think we should identify who /almost certainly/ did it, and from there we can hurl accusations at everyone else.

>>50621023
Yeah, I think they would need to have some sort of appeasement annoucement - you can't go around killing your own without a very good reason, without everyone else taking up arms.
>>
>>50621125
Well then, I guess the obvious choice for snitch is the Warmaster. Secret police mehreens ans such.

But as said above, Alexios and Faustus have pretty solid motives.

Aaaaand it could be Oramar. He's already siphoning snippets of the future from daemon advisors and casting his gaze across time with stolen xenotech. Maybe he 'knows' it's important that Rubinek has to go. Maybe he foresees his tech sins coming out more explosively later and violently dividing the Primarchs. Or maybe he's already hit the deep end and he's setting Rubinek up as for his later role in the Heresy.
>>
>>50621475
Might also be useful to list out the suspects. Who actually is around at the time?
>>
>>50622321
Well, the list I've got is

1. The Warmaster
2. Faustus
3. Raydon
4. Alexios
5. Marcus
6. Sarco
7. Rubinek
8. Aodhan
9. Klaus
10. Balthasar
11. Saul
12. Enoch
13. Engerand
14. Xun
15. Anders
16. Kashaln
17. Oramar
18. Anshul
19. Gengrat
20. Graha'nak

Where do we put this event on here?
>>
>>50622428
Between Enoch and Engerand around M30.100
>>
File: Oramar.jpg (42KB, 620x421px) Image search: [Google]
Oramar.jpg
42KB, 620x421px
>>50604687
I am risen from the ashes of finals week

>>50593539
>>50593647
This is a pretty good summary

>>50597133
>Anshul is an epic level psion. Xun is a high level spellsword. Oramar is a high level psychic warrior/rogue multiclass with experience dumped into knowing more arcana and rituals.
This is a good breakdown of their differences.

>>50599284
idk where you got the idea of him as a freedom fighter. He's a pirate and most of the people on his planet are nomads who are basically like nice pirates.
>>
>>50622873
>based on Lawrence of Arabia
>Lawrence of Arabia: Death of a Freedom Fighter

I think this is why
>>
>>50622923
that's just what he looks like tho
I haven't even seen that movie
>>
>>50622979
makes sense, just saying that might be where the confusion came from.
>>
File: 1378542438839.jpg (93KB, 967x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1378542438839.jpg
93KB, 967x1500px
>>50597133
I know we're doing very productive primarch reviews but for funsies this is a good prompt idea:

Describe a primarch in terms of a D&D character.
>>
>>50623578
Pre-interment: Barbarian

Post-interment: Revenant fighter
>>
>>50623578
So what did you think of the summations of Oramar from last thread?

>>50622428
Cool.
That'd mean Alexios, Faustus, and the Warmaster would be likely intentional snitches, but it's also quite possible that Marcus or Sarco could have said something that got him into trouble without meaning to. Raydon, I don't think talks. :P
>>
>>50625062
In saying that. I can see a twisted dark version where Raydon says something innocent that leads to the eventual excommunication. He would never intentionally betray him obviously. And would actively fight against the idea of purging his brothers. But it seems like a good dark twisted story to have him say something innocent to say alexios or faustus or whatever and have it snow ball.

It also fits his tragic story.

IRT this story. Im pretty out of it right now. Take everything with a pound of salt
>>
>>50625779
Holy shit let's have Rubinek confront whoever calls himout and have a total beatsdown infront of an audience.

Someone who backs him can go full punisher v capt america in that they get pumpled without fighting back. Adn an antago ist can get the shit beat out of them
>>
>>50625811
>>50625779
Nah, I like it. It's not like the legion didn't know that being wiped out was a possibility.
I think in this AU it's common knowledge amongst astartes and the like that the Thunder Warriors were replaced because they weren't viable for the long haul. Pargashtan Grendel, speaking for his brothers, asks the Emperor about it and the Emperor promises that if their primarch can't stabilize their gene-seed, he will grant them honorable death in combat. Skorban is cynical about that, but the legion accepts it and hopes that if they can't be saved, they can die with glory. At the same time, there's probably an office in the legion, proto chaplain apothecaries who grant the Emperor's peace to those the worst off.
Ooh, yeah. Skorban the Cripple is chief of this corps and has the bitter duty of putting down his brothers and extracting what gene seed he can. As a result, he knows that extermination protocols are in place and has carried them out on more than one occasion, particularly since a brother degrading often loses their mental faculties.

Point is, everyone knows there's a chance that the Iron Hearts may go extinct or fall so far that they must be purged despite the Emperor's promise. As soon as word gets around about Rubinek, the question of whether he too is a mutant and whether or not he really can stabilize his legion is everywhere. So all the primarchs and potentates know that Rubinek will be judged and his legion with him. Either it's ok, or a purge is coming.
There's probably a spread of reactions. Rubinek is pissed, he resents it. He never asked to be put in charge of a legion and to be judged in their place. He never asked to he a savior or their damnation. Grendel is fanatically loyal. He thinks Rubinek has saved the legion and the Emperor will see that.
Skorban believes the legion is damned one way or another. Skorban is a tricky guy, I think.
>>
>>50625917
I'll come back to Skorban, but I think the legion knows the Judgement is coming and the other primarchs are aware of it too. They're not naive and they know this is a problem legion and they have heard the rumors about Rubinek.
So the primarchs either distance themselves from it, they want no part in what is to come. Marcus, I think, might find Rubinek hits a little too close to home.
But others want to get to know him to judge for themselves, to be ready if they are called by the Emperor. In the end, the Emperor acts unilaterally or something, but if it happens in conclave, we can have that fight scene.

It might be interesting if the Emperor is true to his word in a literal sense. Instead of exterminating the legion on the conclave world, he allows Rubinek, Grendel, and Skorban to return to their home world and sics Balthasar on them, granting them death in battle, just as promised.

On a side note, should we bump up Balthasar? Swap him with Aodhán, maybe, since Aodhán doesn't meet Rubinek until much later.

>Skorban the Cripple
I'm trying to resurrect part of an old primarch proposal, in part. Skorban was sort of a proto Rubinek, flawed and mutated, with a lot of sympathy for baseline humans.
In this incarnation, Skorban would be the chief apothecary and chaplain of the Iron Hearts before Rubinek. He executes the mutated and the mad, of which there are always too many, as well as trying to fix the gene seed problems. I'm imagining him as a grim fatalist.
He believes the legion is doomed even Rubinek doesn't change that. Instead, he's determined to keep it running as long as possible. So when the order comes down to disband, he's not surprised, but he's also totally on board for resisting, spite for a wasted life.
He's hoping to die well, but to his chagrin survives into the Exile and the heresy. I'm thinking as time goes on he takes a strange, bitter, humanistic view on things, improving out of spite.
>>
>>50625811
All you americunts are asleep. Get the fuck up im on an inspirational role right now.

How about Rubinek demands to see his accuser at the trial.

And either A nobody comes and he monologues like shylock and if someone does he fucks them up
>>
>>50625990
Skorban seems very interesting to me. If he survives the Heresy, what would he do afterwards? Follow his legion or follow his own path?
>>50626144
Well, I doubt this will fit, nor am I sure if the Second Sons were fully formed by the time of the trial, but I'll post my idea anyways.

Should he attend the Trial as the Chief Librarian of The Second Sons, I'd say if things go too far, Cyrus would either plead for him to calm down, if not for them, at least for his legion... Or take the blame. It could even be the turning point that began his slow spiral into madness,as something within him died that day.
>>
File: cato.jpg (66KB, 564x798px) Image search: [Google]
cato.jpg
66KB, 564x798px
>>50623578
I might have kind of gone overboard...

Balthasar
>Fighter/Barbarian/Bloodhound
Raydon
>Fighter/Tactical Solder
Marcus
>Fighter/Expert/Battlesmith
Kashaln
>Fighter (with everything invested in spear related feats)
Oramar
>Psychic warrior/psychic rogue
Engerand
>Barbarian/Crusade
Enoch
>Barbarian/Deepwarden/Dwarven Defender
Graha'nak
>Rokugan ninja/Assassin
Faustus
>Cloistered cleric/Combat medic
Anders
>Paladin of Honor (Holy Warrior variant)/Knight of the Crown
Saul
>Marshal/Legendary Leader
Alexios
>Archivist/Loremaster
Xun
>Duskblade
Gengrat
>Artificer
Anshul
>Telepath Psion/Meditant
REDACTED
>Factotum/Spymaster
Rubinek
>Fighter/Warforged Juggernaut
Sarco
>Barbarian/Ranger
Aodhán
>Fighter/Barbarian/Paladin of Freedom (Holy Warrior variant)
Klaus
>Knight/Crusader
>>
>>50623578
>Aodhán
IIRC there's a fighter subclass in 4e that is specialized in killing singular, powerful foes.

>Anshul
Psion, duh.

>>50625811
>>50626144
>>50626276
Should Rubinek have a trial? It seems like if he was found wanting in front of everyone Emps would just kill him then and there.

Although I guess he could send Rubinek on a penitent quest and then throw Balthasar at him without telling anyone.
>>
>>50622873
Eyyy Alexios who were some of Oramar's companions that later became spass maroons?
>>
>>50625990
>>50625917
>Skorban the Cripple

Hadn't heard of this guy so far. Sounds cool.
>>
File: 1381629306031.jpg (467KB, 599x800px) Image search: [Google]
1381629306031.jpg
467KB, 599x800px
>>50629202
Here's a thing I have saved. Not all of them are Azrimuthi though.

>Kabals of the Warp Raiders
There are many Cabals of warpcraft among the Warp Raiders, but the five distinguished Cabals of the Sahabat are the most honored, and arguably the most valuable

>Ja'far Aqrab, Master of the Silver Mask Kabal
Ja'far wields mighty scorpion claws recovered from the armories of Azrimuth. His cabal teaches the art of Telepathy. Ja'far maintained close ties to Imperial Navigator houses, and members of his cabal often serve as astrotelepaths for the Warp Raiders, facilitating long distance communications. Those who have truly mastered the art of the Silver Mask can employ their telepathy for illusory purposes, creating phantom enemies or making themselves temporarily invisible. His familiar is known to change forms every time you blink.

>Khalid Al'Ghul, Master of the Crimson Flame Kabal
Khalid wields a power spear, and favors jump packs in combat. His cabal teaches the art of pyromancy. Khalid has a fetish for destruction, and delights in the obliteration of his enemies. Among the Sahabat, Khalid could be said to be the only one who is truly, evil. While Oramar and his kin made dark pacts with chaos in order to defeat them, Khalid himself secretly wished to help them destroy realspace. Some men just want to watch the world burn. His familiar burns with rage, often taking the form of a dragon.

>Mu'adh Ib, Master of the White Spider
Mu'adh wields a pair of haywire pistols. His cabal teaches the art of teleportation and warp translation. Cabalites of the White Spider can tear holes in the veil of reality, allowing physical entrance into warpspace. Mu'adh's cabal often jumps erratically across the battlefield, sowing chaos and confusion. The White Spiders also serve an important role on Warp Raider vessels, facilitating the translation into the warp for long distance travel. Mu'adh's familiar often takes the form of a white spider with long spindly legs.
>>
File: 1406511020017.jpg (1MB, 1381x1380px) Image search: [Google]
1406511020017.jpg
1MB, 1381x1380px
>>50630814
>Jabal Kaine, Master of the Black Void
Jabal wields a howling wraithbone blade whose sonic discord is a powerful weapon in its own right. His cabal teaches the art of negation, defending themselves and others from sorcery. Cabalites of the Black Void are highly resistent to psychic powers, can resist the corruptive influence of daemons, and those who have mastered the school can even banish physically manifested daemons. Jabal Kaine himself stays loyal to the emperor, believing his Primarch's any-means-necessary attitude was callous and arrogant. His familiar takes the form of a black wolf.

>Umar Djeric, Master of the Blue Lotus
Umar wields a powerful Hrud cannon whose blasts create temporal distortions. His cabal teaches the art of telekenesis, moving objects with their minds. The favored battlefield tactic of Blue Lotus Cabalites is to use their powers on themselves, flying over the battlefield with heavy weapons and psychic assaults. Their powers can also be used aggressively, however, stopping enemies in their tracks or even crushing their bones from a distance. His familiar takes the form of a small blue monkey.

>Khazyr Akna, Master of the Darklight Palace Cabal
The Cabal is named after an enormous Eldar Dark Matter mining station, found lost in the lower Immaterium. The cabal uses the harvested dark matter not only to produce crude approximations of Dark Matter weapons, but also as a powerful reagent for equally dark sorceries. Suspected relation to the Black Suns. Khazyr's familiar is an iridescent black serpent, whose end always seems to be just out of sight.
>>
>>50630814
>Mu'ad Ib
>Not the desert mouse

You had one job, Alexios, one job.

>>50630645
He was one of the primarch ideas that didn't make it and it just now occurred to me he might make a neat seed for an Iron Heart.
>>
>>50631606
I like to avoid reference consistency. So, if I reference Mu'ad ib for a name,I don't have other references to Paul Atreiedes in that character, otherwise he just becomes a less interesting Paul Atreiedes.
>>
Wait, what are we doing right now?
>>
>>50633049
Oramar?
>>
>>50633049
We were looking over Oramar, but we seem to have a pretty solid story assembled for his origin, as well as a pretty varied cast to dot throughout his story. Really we just need to format this stuff and drop it in the wiki.

Same for Engerand. His origin is pretty well fleshed out and already written up.

So... who's next?
>>
>>50636024
Enoch.
>>
>>50633718
>>50636024
Sorry, I'm kind of out of it today. Enoch kind of always acted like the Warmaster's henchman, right? What makes him servile in this way?
>>
>>50637877
He's the one who lived alone on a desert planet for x years right? Maybe the Warmaster was the one who found him so he'd just that greateful to the guy who saved him from an eternity of being sandblasted.
>>
>>50640331
I think he's also just a needy guy. Always afraid of rejection and abandonment. Emperor pushes him away to try to get him to become self sufficient, but the Warmaster takes advantage of this opening to make Enoch depend on him, I think.
>>
>>50636187
I think we need to kind of figure out what he did on that particular ball of dust. Clearly there must have been other things on the planet, otherwise he couldn't have survived. I mean, it may seem petty, but what did he eat?
>>
>>50640712
Do primarchs need to eat?
>>
>>50640752
I'm pretty sure they do. I think even the Emperor needs nourishment.
>>
>>50640752
I believe they do, but very rarely.

Enoch probably ate stuff he found growing under the occasional rock.
>>
>>50640331
I dunno, I like the idea and the image of the Emperor finding him on his shitty rock.

I get the impression that his isolation and constant pain, and how the Emperor delivered him from it, is the reason he's so dependent and eager to prove himself. In the early days he's the super loyalist, none purer, because he's starved of approval (and human contact in general) and tries to get it by proving to the Emperor how hardcore and enduring his legion is.

The Emperor doesn't give him an special attention, though, and his legion doesn't get the most decorations or any particular renown for slamming its head against the enemy until both their skulls are thoroughly cracked. His pomp and single-mindedness makes him abrasive to his brothers. So he becomes bitter, and resolves to fight harder (in a way, Enoch is like the Imperium itself - no innovation, no introspection, no change, when they encounter a problem they just do more of what they're already doing), and his envy of his brothers makes him appear aloof and unapproachable.

His willingness to obey an order makes him a great tool for the Warmaster, though, and slowly he becomes the Warmaster's blunt instrument. The Judgement Bringers and the Eyes campaign together a great deal as the Crusade stretches on, with the JB's extreme specialization toward the unsubtle working well to compliment the Eyes' subtlety, and Enoch gradually begins to see the Warmaster as better source for validation that the Emperor.
>>
>>50642021
I really like this. Loneliness really should be Enoch's defining character trait from the very beginning.
>>
>>50643071
Any ideas on his relationship with Sarco? I was thinking maybe Enoch ended the Century Siege because he learned that his brother was comatose, and it was his sole act of defiance to the Warmaster to break off in respect to the Scions.
>>
>>50643760
I could see that happening. Also, post-internment, Enoch and Sarco would share that unyielding, tenacious attitude. There could be something there.
>>
>>50643760
I get the impression they had a pretty professional, solid working rapport. But Enoch unintentionally distanced himself from everyone, even the people he respected, through the way he acted toward them.
>>
So, what was Enoch's first campaign? Who did he fight alongside?
>>
>>50646543
Redacted?
Or maybe I had something about a particularly bad Behemoth Guard campaign. No, wait, that's the campaign before Enoch is found.
>>
>>50649156
How do they actually find Enoch anyway? There is fuck all on the planet, who would even look there? And why? Perhaps a legion lands there during a campaign, hoping to hide in the sandstorms so they can wait for reinforcements? I mean, there would still be quite a bit of luck involved, but atleast it'd be a reason.

That would actually be a pretty fucked up what-if scenario. Enoch wanders the endless sandstorms. Sees a light in the distance, rising up to the sky. He runs towards it. He can just barely spot the last Imperial vessel leave his worthless rock.
>>
>>50649254
The Emperor can sense where the Primarchs are, right? They wouldn't need to come across him randomly.
>>
>>50649408
Can he do that? Could be, I've never heard of it. I imagine it would be possible for him to pick someone out on a planet. He'd still need to have a reason to check the world.
>>
>>50649620
I thought that was how he found most of them so early into the crusade, at least in the OU.
>>
>>50649708
Even if he couldnt one of the others might if they were nearby.

Anshul is powerful enough to scan large swathes of a system and Raydon might pick up on him unconsciously if he was nearby
>>
>>50649408
I'd always assumed that to be the case.
This said, >>50649254
I really like that. The Emperor gets a feeling, sends someone to investigate and then they almost miss him.
>>
>>50649254
Well, during the early Crusade, Emps was out campaigning.

It's not that far-fetched to think that he'd sense Enoch if he was ever relatively nearby, like in the same sector or whatever. Or maybe his rock was useful as a launching point for an invasion of some nearby planet.

Maybe his first campaign was literally days after his discovery, with Emps just going "Well, you're here now, you can start pulling your weight."
>>
>>50650703
>It's not that far-fetched to think that he'd sense Enoch if he was ever relatively nearby, like in the same sector or whatever.

I'm not sure about that. For most of the primarchs in the OU, the Emperor brings their legion when he makes first contact, which to me makes it seem like he knew where they were the whole time.
>>
>>50650986
So what is the planet called.

How does he think back on his time there. Who does he talk to about it.
What does he do next.

Assuming he has literally no contact with people before being found how crazy is he.

Does he learn well and adapt or struggle with intrapersonal complexity
>>
>>50654729
How about officially the planet is called 'D-2'. Enoch calls it 'Crucible.'
Maybe it could be in a populated system?
Does Enoch have any learning/language problems that might make him even more of an outcast? He spent all of his formative years on totally alone. That fuck you up all on its own.
>>
>>50655788
Him having language problems would be interesting, but I don't think it's completely justifiable. He could have them for the first couple of years, but it should get better quite quickly.

The tiny bit of backstory he does have ends with Enoch blowing up his rock. I get it, it would be very satisfying for him to do so, but how about this: Enoch starts bombing the shit out of the planet, but before he gives the order for the final earthshattering bomb to be dropped, he calls it off. He wants to keep the shitty rock around as a reminder of his past. He gets himself a Phalanx-like space station and the planet gets used as a training ground for initiate marines.
>>
Quick bump
>>
>>50655788
I like the Crucible.
Given he's a Primarch, I don't think he'd have all that much of a language problem, they pick those up really quickly, but I think he'd be socially awkaward, kind of like the Lion.
>>
>>50656405
I kinda like this. I like the idea of him coming back years later to think, and a deep black feeling that nothing has changed welling up inside him.
>>
>>50659813
Could even be that in moments of great uncertainty, stress and conflict, he returns to Crucible and wanders the sandstorms as a way to reset his mind.
>>
>>50660268
Maybe he sends Marines that have displeased him there, as a type of penance test.

I feel like he should only return once, to really think things over, and probably never come back when he gets that terrifying sense that his life hasn't really changed at all.
>>
Wow we /dead/ today.

Is it finals week or something?
>>
>>50665651
IIRC it is, yeah. Or it's pretty near.
>>
>>50665651
I lurk the threads 24/7 but I just don't have all that much to say anymore.
>>
>>50666503
Maybe we should take a short break from the primarch origins after Enoch? I mean, we did about a third.
>>
>>50665651
It's finals week and people are dead tired.
On a totally unrelated topic, got a local league at my FLGS. Considering running Behemoth Guard, (Particularly since the Night Lords list I've envisioned requires about 30 more jump packs and 3 heldrakes than I own.) So how do you guys think I should bring the glory of the XIVth to the tabletop? (Already been saving Harlequin masks to put on daemon engines.)
>>
>>50668040
Are we talking 30k or 40k?
>>
>>50668579
>>
I'd be posting more but 7.00 just came out.
>>
File: 1481586377973.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1481586377973.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>50671134
dota sucks tho
>>
>>50671304
I play Overwatch too. Just cause you play one game doesn't mean you have to shit on another.
>>
boomp
>>
File: fuck.jpg (11KB, 219x187px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
11KB, 219x187px
>yfw when you start having dreams involving this AU
>>
>>50671618
You're European too, right? Hit me up with that battletag.

>>50674789
I've had that happen as well. Not sure what to think about that.
>>
I have nothing to contribute
>>
>>50675506
American, sorry.
>>
>>50678066
Oh. I noticed you were around a couple of times while I thought Americans would be sleeping. We can still play some OW together sometime though, if you're up. Timezones just make it slightly more difficult, is all.

Anyone have any suggestions for discussion?
>>
>>50678419
I think we should be continuing with the Primarch origins. I don't have time to drop them all into the wiki now but I'm saving stuff so I can format everything slowly go through it.

I think Sarco is next.
>>
>>50678479
Sarco's origin is a two parter. His internment is significant enough that it should be considered part of his origin.
>>
>>50678419
I've been staying up way too late lately. Add me at Algicide#1864 I suppose.

>>50678621
This is a good observation, but I think we've gone over the events leading up to and following his interment well enough to hold them off for now. I think we should go over Amaranth and Sarco's early life there first.
>>
>>50678889
I'll do a vague timeline for everything I have on Sarco right now

>Pod crashes on Amaranth
>Spends an indeterminate amount of time in the jungle by himself strangling megapanthers with his bare hands
>local tribe finds him, he soon rises to a leadership position
>leads them out of the incredibly hazardous jungles to mountain range X
>rules from there until the big E finds him
>campaigns with his legion, the Imperial Scions
>iron judgement happens
>sent with Engerand to destroy an eldar force from Craftworld Mor-rioh'i
>boxed
>wakes up a few weeks before Council of Nikaea
>doesn't say anything due to lack of experience with psychic shittery
>after this, appoints Idrias Stern as a psychic advisor
>Someone (Warmaster?) tells Sarco where Mor-rioh'i is
>goes with Aodhan to wreck their shit, purges entire craftworld and takes the Baleful Blade as a trophy
>campaigns some more
>betrayal at Malphas, duels Aodhan for the first time
>flees to x planet where Engerand tells him to continue to Terra while his legion holds off Aodhan
>goes to Armageddon hoping to warn Saul and Gengrat
>fights Gengrat in his knight titan chassis
>realizes Armageddon is a lost cause, goes to Terra
>Emps dies, someone poisons Sarco and he goes into a coma, Scions go to Amaranth
>>
>>50679053
Right. So, Amaranth. I take it it's a jungle death world? What is the tribe that adopts Sarco like? Are they kind people? Violent? Somewhere in the middle? What's their name?
>>
>>50679317
I guess I could describe them as survivalist? It's hard enough to survive on Amaranth that they didn't really have a distinct culture. As for a name, I'm not sure.
>>
>>50679439
Makes sense, but I think it's kind of a missed oppurtunity to say they 'don't really have a culture'. It could lay the foundation for the Scions.
>>
>>50680240
Maybe their newfound safety led to the same cavalier attitude that Sarco and his marines had before interment.
>>
>>50679439
Maybe they have different forms of veneration for the different animals? Totemic beasts, and Sarco gets the sign of the Megapanther for his tribe. As a result, when it becomes the legion symbol, they become part of the tribe.

Is the manhood ritual something hunting related?

If we're thinking pseudo-Amazonia, we could go with something Yanomani inspired.
That or we could go Congo for the Tarzan. The Kerchak tribe.
Likely a hybrid of Indonesia/Borneo pre-Islam, Congo, and Amazonia.
Everyone carries knives made out of beast fangs, shaped like a kerambit. The tribes have stories of the Orang Kerchak and the Great Ape who walks on two legs. They call him Sarco and the bravest blow gunners, who stay long in the deep forest claim to have seen him, watching them with interest.

There are two types of hunter amongst the Orang Amaranth. The first is the painted warrior armed with a spear and clad in bright feathers and body paint. They have barbed Spears, tipped with poisons collected from the skin of frogs.
Before a hunt they drink heavily of sacred brews to numb them to pain and fear.

The others are the blowgun hunters. They wear special paints and ungents to hide their scent and allow them to fade into the forest.
Their darts are tipped with virulent toxins and they are respected for their ability to stalk a mighty predator for days before the moment they choose to strike.

Both traditions would be represented in the early legion.
>>
>>50680240
>>50680282
It's be interesting if in the wake of Sarco's internment, part of their transformation as a legion is a renewed focus on the ancestor worship and death-rites of Amaranth, though obviously in a suitably changed-up form.

Sarco's 'death' is a sobering reminder for the legion of a time when life was fleeting.
>>
>>50679439
>>50680240
Also, people have culture. It's what we do. Culture is how we survive. They may have a crazy pragmatic culture, but they'll have one. They'll have things they prize and things they dismiss, taboos, sacred spaces, stories, age grading, rites of passage, decorative motifs, totems, gods, etc.
It's what makes us human and even apes have some of these things. They may not have a rich material culture, but they'll have traditions.

>>50680365
That would be very cool. They might see him and dreadnoughts as inheritors of a shamanic tradition, both alive and dead, and this privy to powers and secrets denied to the truly mortal.
>>
>>50680481
It would make sense to include something about the death cult of Amaranth. Maybe Sarco abolishes it and then it resurfaces after he's put in a dreadnought, and then becomes a big part of Amaranth culture again after he goes comatose.
>>
>>50678419
What time zones are you guys in?

>poor ausfag
>>
>>50680359
This is really good. We should really bring this into Sarco's origin.

>>50682672
I'm in Europe, so CET.

>>50678889
Added you btw.
>>
bump to get through the night
>>
>>50680359
This is all great.
>>
>>50681340
That would be pretty cool. If we want to draw from some real world cultures, perhaps anthrophagy is a tradition. The Imperium suppresses by and large, but it re-emerges with the Amaranthine Death Cults, where the legion eats their dead. The Prenomnor would allow absorbtion of memory and skill from a dead squad mate, and maybe special ritual figures get to eat the head/brain which would contain the most, resulting in a class of semi-chaplains who carry with them the memories of their predecessors and of the heroes of the legion. Normally they don't access it all directly, but in times of trouble, they can go into a trance and various former chaptermasters and the like can speak to their chapter.
>>
I'm in the mood for doing some writefagging again. Any requests for theme and the participants of a short story?
>>
I'm with ya on 95% of what you said about Enoch, keep up the good work lads
>>
>>50689755
My personal favourite thing about IA is the buddy buddy relationships between some primarchs.

So anything about that has my vote.
>>
>>50691074
Got anything to add? I'd love to know what that 5% is. I'm not sure if the origin on the wiki is completely yours, but I want to know what you think about the destruction of the homeworld. Personally, I think it's better for him to keep the planet around as a reminder of his past, but what do you think?
>>
>>50691313
Yeah, last I checked everything on the wiki was typed by me save for the bit at the bottom detailing Romulus and Von Somme.

As for the homeworld, I'm a bit torn, but as I think on it more, I think it serves the story better to have the rock stick around. So after agonizing over how to say what I'm thinking for 10 minutes, I'm just going to give it straight. Here's my two cents and everything is up for discussion:

-homeworld should not have a name. It is a nameless rock, an insignificant speck
-not sure I like marines being sent there as punishment.
-Enoch could possibly ask the Warmaster to expunge the rock from all known star charts. I dunno, seems a little silly. But its likely that only a really select few know where Enoch landed, and possibly even not all of the Primarchs
-Enoch revisits the rock exactly twice: First shortly after being sent of crusading he makes a detour to bombard the thing, but stops short of turning it into space dust. He isn't sure why he stops, but he tells himself "Its even sadder and more pitiful leaving it this state than destroying it completely" almost like he's trying to punish the thing
-second, long after the heresy, Enoch has a time of reflection and feels pulled back to the rock. He goes there alone and as he wanders in the cratered, wind-swept hell, he sort of accepts himself. His hatred, anger and self-loathing bubble, crack and explode, and devolves into piteous sorrow and depression as he realizes: He distanced himself from it, but he always was, is, will be is that lonely wanderer on that barren rock. Perhaps this is when he apotheosizes, becoming demon enoch
>>
>>50691579
I think this is a way better as a character piece than anything else as yet.

I really like that he visits it twice, and has 0 purpose or use outside his visits.
>>
>>50691579
>Nameless planet
So it's a Super Dragon Ball?
>>
>>50691612
I think the the idea is better than how my words hear make it sound, if that makes sense. The whole paradox/irony of coming back to where things began helps him come to terms, accept himself, and as he thinks he realizes his true self it breaks him. Its like a reverse redemption arc

though maybe I don't give other people credit and they can deduce the """deeper meaning""" from my obtuse ramblings
>>
>>50691850
I thought it was clear enough.
>>
>>50691909
Yeah, I'm dumb
>>
>>50691999
I mean, I can appreciate someone acting in character, but no need to be such a bummer. This has been incredibly interesting so far.
>>
>>50691579
This is why Enoch is the best Primarch.

Because he's the worst.
>>
So, I'm thinking the tribes of Amaranth, generally living pretty short and violent lives, have a fatalistic and grim view of existence; they place emphasis on the life after rather than the current existence, as one's mortal life is liable to end quickly and bloodily. There is a strong tradition of asceticism and self-denial among its shamanistic religions, and though they believe in many spirits (generally psychopomps and afterlife guides) they primarily practice ancestor worship.

Totems are important, because they believe that the dead live among the living, in the soil and trees and stones. The dead are buried under standing stones or great trees that are revered as connections to a tribe's ancestors; the tribes of Amaranth believe that these objects are sources of wisdom and power and wear charms incorporating a small part of them - pieces of bark, shavings of stone, handfuls of dirt from nearby.

Sarco is a figure of life and energy. He brings safety and, when the Emperor arrives, civilization. Though many traditions continue, the character of Amaranth's people changes drastically throughout the Crusade.

His death, however, is a shock to the culture of his legion, reminding them of their fatalistic past. The mindset of old Amaranth experiences a resurgence as the legion struggles to deal with this blow to their worldview. Though atheist, I imagine the Scions having a serious ancestor worship cult going, with many practices similar to the Coptics or Mancheans - lots of fasting, lots of asceticism, lots of self-denial. Then maybe some attitudes toward the treatment similar to those of ancient Egypt (that said, the Coptics preserve some of these traditions).

This all sound good?
>>
>>50692832
Also, am I right in assuming that Sarco spends a while as a wild child before being discovered by any tribe?

So, he grows up among the wilds, becoming the alpha predator of Amaranth. He encounters human tribes but doesn't stay among them - while he's not drawn to them, however, they are drawn to him. His presence quiets the megafauna of Amaranth - when Sarco is around, everyone is safer, because he wrestles megapanthers and guts manspiders for their meat. He becomes the subject of folklore and tentative worship. Some tribes see him as a powerful ancestral spirit, or as an incarnate totem of their tribe, while others develop unfamiliar concepts of godhood to explain him. Either way, he becomes a fixture of these tribe's religious beliefs, which gradually lose some of their morbidity now that their worldview includes a divine protector figure and folk hero.

When the Emperor comes, he hears tales of the Great Beast, and he immediately knows it's one of his sons. How does Sarco react initially?
>>
>>50693252
Forgot muh trip.
>>
>>50693252
I have the impression that Sarco can be somewhat naive. Not sure if that's the right word, but he seems he would kind of believe the stories he's told. So when the Emperor comes, he'd be suprised to hear his exact nature, but immediately acceptant of his destined greatness and swear loyalty to the Big E.
>>
>>50693857
Yeah, he doesn't seem like he'd be that troublesome.

The real question is, how is he introduced to the Imperium and civilised so he can function as a Primarch?
>>
>>50694018
I can see Alexios taking it upon himself to "educate" Sarco about the intricacies of modern imperial society and failing miserably.
>>
>>50694806
There should be a bit of a "take the primarch out of the jungle, but can't take the jungle out of the primarch" thing going on.
>>
>>50694985
Sarco also probably gave his brothers pelts and things as gifts when he first met them.
>>
>>50696383
I'd imagine that guys like Aodhán wear the thing. But what about Enoch? What does he do with displays of affection from his brothers?
>>
>>50696680
That's a good question that I'll wait for enoch to answer.

Ha, what if Sarco heard that the primarchs were giving each other weapons so he brought stone spears for all of them?
>>
>>50697359
`Stone spears, and a bag of rocks.
>>
>>50694806
Yeah, that's what immediately came to mind for me too.
>>
>>50694806
>>50699514
I think Alexios is a good fit. The only other Candidates would be the Warmaster and Marcus. Marcus could work, it would tie in nicely with >>50697359, where Marcus wants to exchange gifts, but Sarco isn't really up to the task.

Sarco, you sure Algicide#1864 is right?
>>
>>50699570
I like Alexios for the fit.

Also on board for the idea the tribes seek him out as protector/god/ancestor spirit what have you.

I think thats a really cool and unique origin.
>>
>>50699570
Marcus would also create a nice dichotomy, this time between a hypertech savant and a literal spear chucker
I'm not at liberty to check right now but I'll get back to you in under ten minutes
>>
>>50697898
I can imagine Faustus getting a blowgun and darts, preparing to dump it in the trash when he notices the toxins on the dart. And takes an unexpected interest in the jungles of Amaranth.
>>
>>50701933
Yeah that's right.
>>
File: O8NvX4i.png (162KB, 605x487px) Image search: [Google]
O8NvX4i.png
162KB, 605x487px
>>50692474
>>
>>50705056
Please see
>>50696680

Also, Space Hulk: Deathwing is awesome.
>>
>>50705154
Starting a Deathwing army using the Knights Exemplar paint scheme.
>>
File: hankbeer.jpg (27KB, 620x368px) Image search: [Google]
hankbeer.jpg
27KB, 620x368px
>>50696680
>>50697359
Hm. He'd probably be incredibly flattered and more than a little confused. "What? Someone is genuinely doing a nice thing directed towards me?" Then in general he'd ruin the whole thing by thinking there were some ulterior motives or something. In rare cases though he'd have cherished items secreted away for no one to see, and he'd severely understate his gratitude toward the giver, which some would find very insulting of course. (not that they should have expected much)
>>
>>50696680
Unfortunately Aodhan isn't around yet.

The only Primarchs Sarco has to give his gifts to at this point are all mega autists. And Raydon.
>>
>>50706997
>all mega artists
Well i never!
>And Raydon
And everything's right again in the world
>>
>>50707361
>mega artists
Goddammit Raydon. First thing I read when I wake up is the word artist. I immediately think: "Oh god, it's happened, he's back!" But it's just Raydon misspelling autist.

Also, Marcus doesn't strike me as autistic. Just a craftsman, but not socially awkward or anything.
>>
>>50707409
Heh. Yeah sorry about that.
>>
Alright, so who is taking it upon themselves to write up Sarco and who's doing Enoch? I'm also not sure if Oramar has been updated. We decided to move on from Engerand until he returns, right?

>>50705249
Enoch really is the autist among autists, huh?

>>50702562
Then accept my friend request, you silly bastard
>>
>>50708354
I've dropped in the stuff on the Warp Raiders' leadership.

I didn't write any of Oramar's fluff so somebody else probably wants to wiki that up.
>>
Writing up some of Enoch's stuff now.

Did we decide whether we wanted him chucked onto the frontlines immediately, like before he even got any re-education or anything?

I may add some stuff to Engerand's page while I'm waiting.

Also, who would be next?
>>
>>50709100
Are we not still working on Sarcofluff?
>>
>>50709680
I'm fairly sure we are. I just wanted to know who was doing what.
>>
>>50709680
I think we've kinda got all the stuff we need for Sarco. I haven't entered it because I'm not sure where to put it.

Also, not sure if you're 100% okay with the long spiel of stuff I posted.

Added a little stuff to Engerand's story by the way. He's pretty much done at this point, Engerandanon already had quite a lot written up for him.
>>
Finished up Kashaln's entire origin.
>>
>>50709938
What about companions? Any buddies from Amaranth?
>>
>>50711191
He should have an adorable megapanther companion throughout his time on Amaranth. After he inevitably dies, be it in battle or from old age, Sarco dons his fur as a cloak.
>>
>>50711296
I'll second this.
>>
>>50709100
I think some period of getting him learnt up would make sense. Start getting him attached to the Emperor before he's all "Peace, son, go conquer the galaxy for me."

If he got rescued off his dirtball and then immediately told to go command a legion, he actually wouldn't be as fucked up. A less effective commander maybe, but less psycho. My two cents.
>>
>>50711296
>mega panther bro
>dies
>ill skin him and wear him around
>>
>>50711296
Sarco isn't one to tame a creature IMO. Can anyone think of some Amaranth natives that he took with him? The only other named Scion that was around in the Heresy is from Terra.
>>
>>50713372
A blowgunner who becomes a high ranking seeker? Maybe a moriat, with his schtick being toxin rounds?
Or a sniper guy?
>>
>>50713372
Out of interest, what kind of naming schemes do you imagine developing on Amaranth?
>>
>>50712990
Some people stuff their dogs after they die, just to keep them around in some way. Would it really be that strange for a jungle tribesman to make a cloak out of their animal companion?

>>50713372
Taming a megapanther would be an extraordinary feat. One that would surely be considered legendary by the tribes of Amaranth. Works with the idea of making Sarco the death world's living legend
>>
>>50716453
Agreement on both accounts.
>>
Do librarians have to be blue in this continuity? If not, what identifies them at a glance?
>>
>>50719185
Warp-lightning crackling around them?

Nah, seriously, I can't imagine there's universal standards for that.
The biggest loyalist Librarius would be the Sky Serpents and they don't even have standard heraldry across the legion. At least for them, what distinguishes Librarians is blindness (they see by warpsight thanks to Tlaloc's attempts to cure the legion), and their ritual implements.
>>
>>50719185
Within the Fists of Mars you can easily identify all psykers by the large shackles and psy dampening cells they are contained in. Or in other cases the failing flesh that breaks away with ease as you destroy them
>>
>>50719362
Any ideas for heresy-era identifiers for Scion librarians? I'm trying to do that Idrias Stern story I was talking about the other day.
>>50720055
How big of an existential crisis would the Fists have if they saw an immensely powerful psychic dreadnought?
>>
>>50719185
Psychic Hoods?

Although those are actually less ubiquitous than I thought...
>>
>>50720784
Skulls? Ceremonial staves?
Depending on just when this is, Asuran or Serpents glyphs?
Perhaps the sigil of the Librarius, perversely, is the eye, one distinct from that of the Warmaster. Perhaps something akin to a wadjet? An eye with lightning bolts?
Eyes are atropaic, represent vision. Goes great with the Asuran 3rd Eye, the omniscient eye of the Warp Raider Seers, and the Wadjet of the Serpents. Eyes are also easy to corrupt into marks of Tzeentch. Warding, foresight, power.
It also looks decently like a zero ( and in Mayan numbers), which matters to the Sky Serpents, but probably few others.
Also a reminder that the Emperor is watching. For some sects, it also serves to remind them that when one watches the warp, it watches back.
>>
>>50720784
Psychic Dread? what a waste, truly divine the dreadnaughts are living relics. To be thrown away for the life of a psychic is verging on heresy.
>>
Stray thought:
What if Gengrat tended to wear a cowl and hood, with a braid of mechadendrites hanging down like dreadlocks and the glint of some sort of rebreather mask just visible. Rumor says that it's a rebreather, anyways, but in reality it's a vocoder to modulate Gengrat's voice, reduce the growl and thunder and to allow him to speak binharic. It's how he's always able to sound so eerily calm, even as he is preparing to tear you to pieces.
He'd look almost monastic, with his art in the fine detail and workmanship.

Were it not for Moritarion, I'd say we give him a scythe, but a flail or something works too. It just needs to ooze menace. A lance like the Lance of Longinus out of EVA? A bundle of fractal tendrils that reshape themselves?

This said, given that he ends up riding daemon engines and has a lot of satanic imagery linked to him, would be pretty neat to have him weild a black scythe as he rides his engine-beast across the sky. It unfolds and curls and warps and becomes a hammer which poisons the ground it smites.
I'm thinking EVA Ramiel from 1.1 for how it moves.
>>
File: warscythe2.png (74KB, 800x273px) Image search: [Google]
warscythe2.png
74KB, 800x273px
>>50722079
I personally think he should have a glaive or a war pick, and then find some kind of sorcerous warscythe later.
>>
>>50722079
>>50722535
I think a war hammer would be coolest
>>
>>50722079
Flails are cool and underused. This is my contribution to the conversation.
>>
>>50722079
>>50722535
>>50722591
I personally imagined Gengrat dual wielding a flail and a lightning claw.
Also, I'm not really convinced of him having the facemask and hood. That's already Mortarion's look.

>>50713914
I like this. Scouts/snipers are underused.
>>
>>50722889
>I personally imagined Gengrat dual wielding a flail and a lightning claw.

That sounds pretty cool.

>I'm not really convinced of him having the facemask and hood. That's already Mortarion's look.

I think he's meant to look more like a wizard than like Death.

Anyway, finished up Enoch's intro.

Is the separate page for Sarco sticking around? If so I'll start dropping some of the ideas we've had in there.
>>
>>50723501
I don't mind having seprate pages for the primarch and the legion on principle, but since most of the pages are so lacking it seems pointless. They might as well be recombined into one.
>>
Added some stuff to Sarco's page. If we merge his and the legion pages later we can move it over.

So, I was thinking, maybe the first person to actually approach him rather than watching him from a distance eventually ends up in the legion?
>>
>>50724554
That person would not quite be a full Astartes though, like Luther and Kor Phaeron.
>>
>>50724629
Technically that depends how old he is when the Emperor arrives.

A man in his thirties can become a space marine, there's just a really high chance of rejection and death. Phaeron and Luther needed bionics and druuuuugs instead because they were old as balls.
>>
File: TheWarMasterWillHearAboutThis.png (143KB, 1656x911px) Image search: [Google]
TheWarMasterWillHearAboutThis.png
143KB, 1656x911px
>Bizzaro Characters
Is a terrible heading and i have no idea what it's about, as someone half following these threads thats pretty bad, if i linked my mate this he would be confused

>Major Battles
Only has one battle in it!

>Atlas
Is out of date and could use a description of major worlds

>Archeotect Collective
Is terrible but if it's staying can you put something under that heading? shit only just now seeing there isn't anything for second suns and warmasters domains either

>Jade Empire
Nothing here

>Forge Space
Nothing here

>Unyielding Vigil
nothing here

And no one has updated the Fists of Mars page since writing about it a few threads ago

ITS MADDENING
>>
>>50725596
Nobody updated Marcus? Jesus. Yeah, the wiki has always been IA's biggest handicap. It stops new people from getting into the project, because there is no decent stepping stone. It took me weeks of asking questions before I was comfortable enough to actually join in on the conversation. However, pretty much everytime it's brought up, it appears to kill the thread. It really blows.
>>
I don't really feel qualified to write up any of the Oramar or Marcus stuff into wiki form, since I had almost zero part in crafting their back stories.

I honestly assumed they'd been added by now.
>>
We should probably have the Major Battles bit just link to the campaign page.
>>
Started adding Oramar's history.

Somebody else really needs to do Marcus.
>>
>>50726724
I don't remember a whole lot being changed or added though. Even then, I didn't particularly keep note.
>>
>>50725596
>Jade Empire
Nothing here

>Forge Space
Nothing here

>Unyielding Vigil
nothing here

There are links for these things, but the creators should really provide at least a short description of the actual realms.
>>
Okay, either Grahanak or Rubinek is next, depending on whether we're going to legion number or the order in which they were discovered.

Which one do we want to write stuff for?
>>
>>50723501
Yeah, he's meant to look occult in the best tradition of daemons summoning and salt circles. Or religious in the best tradition of glossolalia and charismatic authority. I'd been trying to make his theology read like a Pauline letter with Omnissiah being subbed in for Jesus, Machine Spirit for Spirit, and Changer of Ways for God.
Good is progress and evil is stagnation.
So ideally he'd register as both ecclesiastical and as occult leaning satanic.
>>
>>50728178
Every night in my dreams… I see him. We miss you Drawfag, we miss you.
>>
>>50728178
Eyyy, you got any of that stuff for Marcus saved?

If so, could you drop that in the wiki?

Anyway, Grahanak. Let's talk about him. We've all got a pretty good idea about what his life was like before his discovery, but who discovered him/how was he discovered and how was this pretty obviously mutated Primarch dealt with?
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>50729613
>Marcus
I'll dig through my browser. Been busy past week grading and writing papers so no promises.

>G Unit
Just how mutated is he?
Given that he's the last one and he's on a space hulk with everything that entails, i could see the Emperor going out of his way to make first contact personally.

When it turns out that Graha'Nak is no worse than Sanguinius was and is better off than Anshul, his discovery is made official.

Doesn't mean everyone is nice to him, particularly Alexios and I'd imagine, oddly enough, Enoch.
Trying to think who else would have a fit...

He campaigns with a few dudes, mostly for dramatic necessity, but given how late he is, he could apprentice under almost anyone.
>>
>>50725596
>>50727009
Yeah there is a distinct lack of ownership. Fistbro, Xun, and Sarco should add there stuff their respectively.
>>
>>50730827
>Just how mutated is he?

What I've got:

"Graha'nak was forged into a peerless predator by the Void God, and his sons retain the traits that facilitated his survival of the hulk's harsh conditions. Wiry and limber by Space Marine standards, the Void Lords tend towards ashen, pallid skin, adapted to the conditions of voidbound environments. Their oculars absorb much more light than those of their fellows, as well as interacting with multiple invisible wavelengths, granting them both an impressive level of darkvision and an intimidating set of black, almost non-reflective eyes. Sharp teeth and extended fangs are common among the Void Lords, as are chitinous growths of hardened keratin, often forming vicious claws, razor-sharp spines along the forearms or legs, and even, on occasion, slender blades protruding from the Astartes' elbows. The final geneseed-quirk possessed by all Void Lords is that they possess an anomalous tissue throughout their bodies serving a similar purpose to the Betcher's Gland. The result is that the Marines' blood, when spilled in copious amounts, acts as an extremely corrosive acid."
>>
>>50730827
Maybe he gets his lone space vampire attitude from being apprenticed by one of the more independent Primarchs?
>>
>>50732327
Maybe Saul? I feel like he's been lacking a presence lately.
>>
>>50732405
Shit, yeah, that'd actually make sense. Saul is somewhat detached from his legionnaires in a way I expect Graha'nak is.

I'll type something up. I've been meaning to write up Saul's crusade at some point too.
>>
>>50710131
It is very well-written. Thank you.
>>
>>50731157
I'll do that tomorrow.

>>50732405
>>50733125
Might be neat to then have Gengrat pop up at some point in all that. I personally like the Gengrat-Graha'Nak dynamic, but definitely keep the focus on Saul and Graha'Nak.
>>
Should the Illithyd have stealth powers like cuttlefish? Also, would they have been a part of the Cabal if it existed?
Thread posts: 229
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.