[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /tg/ I want to start collecting IG but not sure what would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 35wgesrgt2354gsdsf.jpg (99KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
35wgesrgt2354gsdsf.jpg
99KB, 600x620px
So /tg/ I want to start collecting IG but not sure what would be best for my money (Minus not buying anything GW related) I can get said box for about £32 but wondered if It would be best just looking on ebay for a good deal.
>>
>>50583238

I am also curious about this.
>>
>>50583238
Find someone getting out of the hobby and buy their army.
Next best is to find discount retailers, who get GW stuff at trade prices and pass savings on to the customers to undercut GW itself.

IG is a poor choice for a newbie. They're ineffective in small games, and need shittons of models to be effective.
And, frankly, everything not a vehicle is squishy and easily killed, your base infantry may as well be naked for most shooting attacks, and their basic weapon is generally regarded as useless unless massed.
>>
>>50583238
well do you prefer cadians or catachans, or a mix?
if you like the old metal models (vostroya tallarn etc), prepare your wallet and arms. shits heavy
>>
The absolute best value would be either a good deal on Ebay or Chinese recasts. If both of those are too much trouble then go with the star collecting box.
>>
>>50583625

How does one find chinese recasts?
>>
>>50583781
you should not
i mean we all think gw is expensive (and fw is even pricier) but in the end a part of the money you pay is for makin better products*.
with chineserecasters you pay someone who does nuffin for the hobby

*and IG needs some new sculpts
>>
>>50584111

Fair enough. It just seems like a lot of anons know how this shit works and keep it to themselves to force the rest of us to support the hobby for them. I've already dropped a few thousand dollars into gws warchest, I just don't know that i wanna keep chipping in.
>>
>>50584164
i believe many have no idea and just talk about it.
>>
>>50584249

This is possible.

In any case would ig and scions be unviable?
>>
>>50584164

I have used Chinese re-casters once in a while when I was down on money. But as >>50584111 mentioned, you really are putting nothing back in to the hobby.

Many anons here will shout and scream on what a big nasty elephant of a company GW is, but in reality, we are enjoying a rather slim market with many participants. In todays age, when home VR-systems and 3D printing are right at the door, we don't really have much going for us to impress the new generation. Its a dying hobby, that is kept alive, only by the people who spends money on it.

>in before "hurdur, how you doing redshirt!"

I know its hard to face, but this is the naked truth.
>>
>>50587627

I don't give a shit if people buy recasts because they are still supporting the hobby simply by playing the game and giving it advertising and presence.

What annoys me about recasters is how pompous and faggoty they act. If they're not begging for help buying recasts, they're arguing about how recasts are "superior" to the originals and how they're "savvy" and "rich" because they don't "waste" money on toys, when we all know they're just poor faggots.
>>
>>50587653

True in a way. But ask again how when and why you would get the opportunity to do so.
I don't mind either, as I mentioned, I have used re-casters my share, to simply save money. But I didn't go fucking white knight on my ass, just because of it. I played at my regular friends house, just with new models, same as 90% of /tg/ would have. I didn't go out, flyers screaming, "this is a miniature wargame! you sir, have you seen what my toy soldiers can do to that army! well let me tell you......"

Well, to be fair, most of /tg/´s population seems to be the neckbearding, basement dwelling, high school dropout, sucking on moms tits for nourishment, kind of guy. On top of this, he buys new armies more often than he changes underpants (not saying a lot... but still). Never play the game, but sure as hell knows all the mathhammer in it, what is OP and what is not. Cant paint for shit, because he´s the guy who always brings grey stuff to the table, he then plays proxy with (as he sees games so rarely), but he sure as hell knows how to give negative critique on your models, have no doubt about that!

We all know this guy, this is /tg/, and he is one of those guys who always answers one of your posts with his "facts" of personal opinions.
>>
File: 4545461645151.jpg (212KB, 900x949px) Image search: [Google]
4545461645151.jpg
212KB, 900x949px
>>50584532

Unviable in what regard? Scions are a good detachment to any guard force if you have aircraft.

Although im currenty making "Scions of Khrone" and full scion lists arent the most ideal of armies but its fun
>>
>>50583238

I'll be frank, I play Guard and just got my dick stomped in by Chaos Space Marines at 1500 points even with 3 artillery pieces, a flyer, and two and a half entire platoons of infantry with psyker support.

Not that Guard can't be good but if you care about winning games and not just model building, you might want to hold off.

Frankly 40k is kind of overcomplicated shit, but if you are already in it and just want an IG army I'd suggest looking aftermarket.

Contrary to old editions advice I would suggest going Infantry- since armor literally doesn't do shit this edition thanks to everyone having S9 AP2 weapons, haywire, and psychic shit on 2+ invuln Flying Monstrous Creatures.

Drown your foe in corpses and 10 point meltaguns or autocannons.
>>
>>50583781
Go to r/Yoyhammer. You can find the catalogs and the email addresses of recasters there.
>>
File: Valahallans 80% done.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
Valahallans 80% done.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>50583238
Do it only if you love the idea of building and painting a 100+ infantry and probably 9 or so tanks. Seriously an IG army is a labor of love you can't even begin to imagine until you've done it.

If you're looking budget, and like Valhallans (space slavs) buy a few Warlord Winter Soviet troop boxes, pick up a bunch of 3rd party sci fi weapons elsewhere, and you can convert an army for stupidly cheap compared to GW. Victoria bits fit em pretty well.

a box of 10 Cadians is $30 for example. The soviet box? 40 models for about $40. Even buying 3rd party weapons you'll come out on top price wise, it's ridiculous. The only thing that's kind of expensive is finding heavy weapons that won't break the bank, but if you watch ebay you'll catch people offloading heavy weapons for cheap in bits lots.

If you want to go pure GW, that box is a good "deal" as far as GW is concerned, and you'll need everything in it, but be prepared to buy several. If you want to run a good amount of infantry you'll need 3-4 commissars anyways and russes aren't bad (not amazing but not the worst thing in the codex) Also GW Guard kits suck for getting what you need. Only command kits will contain special weapons and are the only kits that have decent looking models.
>>
>>50588055
Not him but getting their emails looks tedious as fuck. Not a redditor so I don't know, are you supposed to PM someone or some shit like that ? Their prices seems very interesting, but is the quality correct ? Does it necessitate more work to repair some of the miniatures ?
>>
>>50583464
So you're saying don't biy IG for my kill team squad?
>>
Are there any rules or lists that are 100% tanks?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.