[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/ Tian Xia Edition. What sort of Or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 464
Thread images: 78

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Tian Xia Edition.

What sort of Oriental Adventures have you had?

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread: >>50572776
>>
>>50576719
I've had an adventure of trying to convince people to play Legends of the Wulin with me. Nobody ever agrees.
>>
>>50576806
Still sounds easier than trying to convince people to play Legend with me while they're busy riding 5E's dick.
>>
>>50576818

Legend is ded m8
>>
>>50576942
Still fully playable, though.
>>
>>50577026
Kinda a pain in the ass, though, isn't it? Given it's basically built as a PvP system and the DM has to build every single monster like it's a player.
>>
>>50577021
>>50577027
So just for some clarification: Does it, or does it *not* allow you to just swat a nat20 away?

Weight of attacks seems to be an impossibility, he can get at least 7-8 AoOs per round, and beating the number seems a losing proposition for the most part, not sure it can go as high as Weapon Training with those damn gloves there.

If it's a nat 20 it could be done, but if those are knocked away with ease, chances become dim.
>>
>>50577164
>>50577021

>Because it is a melee attack roll, the crit rules come into play, lending an auto success.

Swashbuckler's specific trumps general, and they can parry Nat 20s

>If her result is greater than the attacking creature's result, the creature's attack automatically misses.
>>
>>50577199
Great so a 14 can in fact just win against a natural 20.

What about "automatic hits" that don't have a roll? Do THOSE at least deny the ability?
>>
>>50577164
A nat 20 can counter a nat 20, but I'd demand a confirm on both counts because attack roll rules.
>the rest of it
Dude, you are facing something designed to shut down archers, which honestly, isn't a terrible thing seeing as they are some of the most dangerous shit a player can throw in a combat situation that isn't magical or initiator.
This is the point where you rapidly come up with some other method, or simply bow out of a race you will not win. Your gimmick has met it's counter, concede.
>that said, if your DM is throwing this at you, he is a dick, and you have probably been abusing the shit
>>
>>50577199
>Swashbuckler's specific trumps general, and they can parry Nat 20s
Cut thru the Air is a feat, not a Swashbuckler CF.
>>
>>50577205
No specific ruling has been made.
To note DSP has made a rule regarding counters vs no-attack roll in such a situation: no-attack roll cannot be countered.
>>
>>50577232

Doesn't change anything, really

>If the result is greater than the attack roll total of the ranged attack, the attack is deflected.

The attack is "deflected" if they beat the opponent's roll. Specific trumping generic again.

Everything you need to know about deflection and how it interacts with attacks is here, in the FAQ sidebar: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/deflect-arrows-combat
>>
>>50577262
>The attack is "deflected" if they beat the opponent's roll. Specific trumping generic again.
It is not the same language as Deflect Arrows, hardly conclusive.
Deflect Arrows requires no roll, while Cut Thru the Air specifically calls for attack rolls, with the rules that comes with attack rolls. The rules do not say "Crits based on attack rolls are ignored".
>>
>>50577319
Yeah they do.

I just quoted it to you. If you roll higher than your opponent, it's deflected.
>>
What is wrong with pathfinder that you think should be changed in 2.0?

>monsters have weird balance, with some being bullshit and others being easy
>there seems to be no good standards for expected character ability or competence at different levels.
>7th level spells are broken.
>>
File: 106.gif (208KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
106.gif
208KB, 500x364px
Hey folks! I just saw a nifty little post asking how you're supposed to write a "good" character and, while there were some smashing good responses, I thought I'd toss my two cents at the problem.

The first mistake you will ever make while designing a character is assuming you're a writer, trying to design a long and intricate backstory that connects all the dots that leads your character to the campaign start. Fuck that. You're not a writer, you're a salesman, and you need to convince the prospective buyers that your wares are better than the ones next stall over.

How do you do this? You need to *sell* it, and the only thing that's worth more than a good story is a good sensation; use flowery prose, figure out the tone of the campaign and harmonize (make a hammy character for a hammy campaign, for example) use alliteration and simile and metaphor and all those funky words they taught in English class. You are trying to elicit an emotion, and I can guarantee a character that flutters the heart or gets you hype will always, *always* beat the little shitter that wrote a technically excellent piece of biography.

From there, all you need to do is stir the pot, bang your spoon against the rim and shout out your wares and how amazing they are in the General. Don't ever do it too hard, nobody wants the rancid stench of desperation!
>>
Paths of the Righteous leaks when?
>>
>>50578079
so you are telling me
that i should suck dick for attention
>>
>>50578482
Well, they sure ain't called attention whores because of their role in the creation of proper townships in the Wild West.
>>
>>50578079
>Be writing up a listof how cdrtain characters make me feel, encouraging others to do the same
>My browser fucks up and autorefreshes itself
>Lose it all

Motherfucker
>>
>>50578494
I swear some people are allergic to other characters interacting to them
They just get paralyzed and do nothing
>>
File: aaah.jpg (76KB, 436x325px) Image search: [Google]
aaah.jpg
76KB, 436x325px
>>50577724
Christ, dude, think a little before asking a question like that.

It's the middle of fucking exam period for many colleges and universities, and you want ANOTHER fifty page summary from us?
>>
>>50577724
Armor is damage reduction
Weapons now also have armor penetration values
New action economy
Path of War style actions for all classes, but more toned down and abstracted
HP remade to be two layered, deep wounds and strain that heals fast after each encounter
And many more
>>
File: Juggalo.jpg (10KB, 160x224px) Image search: [Google]
Juggalo.jpg
10KB, 160x224px
>>50577724
>No JJ
>No Bulhman
>No PR playtests (actually read the fucking feedback)
>>
>>50578494

Do you have the gist of each character and how they made you feel, at least?
>>
>>50578482

That is precisely how most people have a habit of consistently getting into campaigns - it's not even a sleazy tactic, it's been a thing since Greek times, when the person who often got the most votes was the one who had the loudest, fattest announcer on a podium.

People want people they feel comfortable with in a campaign, that's why anon >>50578079 was pounding so hard on the idea of conveying emotion and feeling more than a long story, because connecting on an emotional level is *powerful.*
>>
File: 1459410457318.jpg (1MB, 1254x1771px) Image search: [Google]
1459410457318.jpg
1MB, 1254x1771px
>>50578622
That was what I lost, but I can try doing it over. It's not exactly complicated, and I don't care enough to go over everyone yet. Feel free to drop your own lists.
>Amandia: Cinnamon bun too pure for this cruel world
>Shizuka and Aranha: Pack your bags, you're going on an ADVENTURE
>Anja: Kinda spooky, but can't be that bad, probably just needs a friend
>Casimir: The cool Uncle who knows how to do like, fifty things, and will tell you about all the medals he won
>Silvia: needs a pat on the back/head and to be told there are people who care about her
>Bartran: whose sassy, lost child is this, and did they just rob me?
>Gil: probably a literal animal in bed, might smell weird and keep his door locked
>Rinka: RAT/10, begging to get bullied, but needs it to be carefully crafted to bring out maximum potential
>Gallius: took 3 minutes to get over that name, but a nice guy with self esteem issues
>Grayson: no bones to pick with this one, will have to see how he rolls
>Zeldana: That weird neighbor who's hot, but she just got over her goth phase and is way too huggy
>Ceri: Oh shit son what are you doing could tolerate it, desu.
>>
>>50578821
>could tolerate it, desu.
Thanks! Tough i will probably revise and polish his backstory (I was kinda tired when making it and English isn't even my first language) and maybe also build. Besides that I have an alternative in mind tough it will be some time before I actually get around to doing it.

>>50578482
No, he's saying that style is more important than substance in this case. You should be evocative, compelling and harmonizing with themes of the game. Stick in peoples' minds and make them go "yeah, that's nice stuff". Interesting story is one thing but presentation is more important.
>>
>>50578821
>Cinnamon bun
And like that, being unmemed has paid off.
>>
>>50578821
>Zeldana: That weird neighbor who's hot, but she just got over her goth phase and is way too huggy

And the hugs have all these weird pokey bits where the human body is not supposed to be weird metal pokey bits!
>>
>>50578821
>Khair: [the_hand_of_science.mp3]
>Onryou: Would waifu if she wasn't another PC, lookin' forward to seeing her Shun Goku Satsu a motherfucker.
>Shizuka: No matter how I look at it, it's Lonjiku's fault I'm not popular
>Kanela: Bounce.
>Aranha: Spidaaaa kick!
>>
File: corrupt.png (87KB, 499x354px) Image search: [Google]
corrupt.png
87KB, 499x354px
>>50578967
>>
File: D3iKH4Q.gif (1006KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
D3iKH4Q.gif
1006KB, 500x700px
>>50579013
Daughteru is not for corrupting, she is for hugging and protecting
>>
File: aGOzB2A.jpg (28KB, 719x348px) Image search: [Google]
aGOzB2A.jpg
28KB, 719x348px
>>50578592
You cheeky futhermocker!
>>
>>50576818
>>50576806
>TFW no-one will play DitV with you
>>
>>50579075
>tfw you've played Dungeon World for so long you would kill for a simple ApoWorld game
>>
File: character relations.png (66KB, 1385x692px) Image search: [Google]
character relations.png
66KB, 1385x692px
Made a thing after going over character discussion. Any RotJR players in the thread care to add something or suggest edits?
>>
>>50579097
that is a lot of characters
>>
>>50579097
Gil was implied to have been in love with Nualia? Or was that actually just shitposting and tinfoil hattery?
>>
Which classes are great at fighting evil outsiders?
I'm making a level 3 character and want to specialize in that.
>>
>>50579139
paladin
>>
File: Green eyes.png (659KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
Green eyes.png
659KB, 640x960px
>>50578821
Anja definitely needs more friends.

>>50579097
That's actually pretty impressive, good job.

>>50579129
It says something about this game that we can honestly speculate about inter-character developments, develop tinfoil hat shit, and attempt to remember whether it is such.

It has grown far beyond what the GM likely originally intended.
>>
>>50579097
>ERP bullshit with this clique
god damn
>>
>>50579139
Paladin, or a Cleric or Wizard specializing in Conjuration.
For the latter, take the Riftwarden PrC
>>
>>50579153
Very few will make it in, and Alt SMS don't fall out of the sky

Honestly, I'd be perfectly fine if my character was never picked, making the character was really the fun part for me.
>>
>>50579097
Holy shit it's just like in my animes.
>>
>>50579203
>SMS
DMs
I don't even know what that means. I hat my phone auto-correct
>>
>>50577724
So many things.
But off the top of my head,
>Martials also get narrative changing ability, similar in scope to what spells can do, but more in flavor with vigilante, like the ability to retcon achievements into the plot
>Short rests are a thing like in 5e but 5 minutes long, they recover a number of class abilities that used to be limited per day
>Martial class design is more in tune with DSP where they have a number of meaningful choices every turn, focus is taken away from full attacking. Spellcasters should get a share of this fun, too.
>Trap options and feat taxes removed
>The essential bonuses become innate character boosts rather than items you have to buy that take slots
>Combat Maneuver system overhaul
>Removal of general 'save or do nothing the rest of the battle' effects like frightened, paralyzed, etc
>Give CHA more stuff
>Finesse is free, dex to damage is an option, but strength also gets more stuff

And that's just off the top of my head.
>>
>>50579204
What anime do you watch that have relationship webs that big?
>>
>>50579097
Ceri was raised by Koya and partly by Shalelu. Though it's as I've said >>50578947 here and it might change.
>>
>>50579235
Most of them that have any semblance of plot have them that large.
>>
>>50577724
The thing everybody complains about with PF's wonky balance is full casters, but I think the problem is more one of spell lists. Classes like the summoner show us that, even without 7-9th level spells, a spell list with too many powerful spells can be pretty gamebreaking. Likewise, Ertw's beguiler shows us that even with full 9th level casting, a properly curated spell list can make a full caster much less powerful. So what I'd like to see in PF2.0 is more thematic casters like the beguiler rather than a small number of powerful casters with massive spell lists.
>>
>>50579008
>>50578821
Shizuka would love to go on an adventure! It's just that, well, there's not that many opportunities to do so in a sleepy place like Sandpoint, and it's been driving her nuts because she's secretly a thrill-junky in the body of what looks like an older Tomoko.
>>
>you will never actually get to play a normal game that allows pow/psionics
DSP might as well throw in the towel and make Book of Erotic Deeds.
>>
>>50579358
You mean Bloodforge?
>>
>>50576719
I wish I could convince people to play Jade Empire as a setting.
>>
File: whatfeelisthis.gif (2MB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
whatfeelisthis.gif
2MB, 245x245px
>>50578821
>MFW not sure if I'm happy or sad that my char didn't make the list
>>
>>50579150
Given time, I could probably develop more theories. All I got right now is Gil isthe kind of person who gets in trouble for having pets in his apartment, when he doesn't even own any.

>>50579407
Like i said, couldn't be assed to go through EVERYONE in one go. I'll have to go check a full list and go down it later.

>>50579354
There are so many smiles that need protecting.
>>
>>50579358
>Sexual Initiating

>Iron Tortoise Binding
>Riven Hourglass Figure
>Bible Black Seraph
>Penetrating Thunder
>Sleeping Carress
>Golden Shower
>Eternal Orgasm
>Primal Furries
>Steel Serpent
>Thrashing Dragon
>>
>>50579354

Do you think Shizuka ever bugs the foreigners in Sandpoint about their life outside the quaint hamlet? I'm sure she'd have asked her kid sister about her time in Taldor, or where Casimir got his funny accent, or if it really snows in summer in the Land of the Linnorm Kings, even if Song is a merciless bully!
>>
>>50578821
>Gallius: took 3 minutes to get over that name, but a nice guy with self esteem issues
What, you have issue with the name of Gallius Gadzo von Gallant?
>>
>>50579450

There's AFAIK a full list here, anon! http://piratepad.net/kl8lVS8wmw
>>
>>50579484
>Elemental-

Okay you know what no it's too easy.
>>
>>50579517
You sure you shouldlink that here, senpai?

>>50579515
It took me that long to stop laughing hysterically. Solid 10/10 hearty chuckle.
>>
>>50579552

I got the link from here and saved it under my favorites, so I don't see why not?
>>
>>50579578
I just assume anything that can be editwd will be vandalized thoroughly, I guess.
>>
>>50579552
Did you read the names of all his family members?
>>
>>50577724
How 5e handled higher level spell slots making spells more powerful is actually better than Caster Levels.

Also no more bonus spell slots.
>>
>>50577724
Most people have no idea about the monster role list in the back of the bestiaries being used to balance type of monster vs type of party/character classes in party.
>>
>>50577724
>>50579756
Another thing to add is that the entire spell list needs and overhaul.

What I would do is separate spells not only by level, but by "rarity". Where rarity is power of a spell within a level. Certain spells would be changed to be less power or more limited.

Not only do you only get a certain number of spells of each level, but as well only a number of a certain rarity.

Teleportation would be a higher rarity spell.

If I were to do it there would only be two. Standard Spells and Legendary Spells. Honestly to a degree this is how I already do it in personal games. 3
>>
>>50579839
Making the game MORE complicated is not a solution.
>>
>>50579953
I admit that spell rarity would be more complex, but it could easily be presented in an easy way.

Here is an example.

Simply present them as a mechanic like Rogue Talents. Have a short list where every other level you choose a legendary spell, and have them be on their own list away from spells and list their requirements (levels, other spells, feats, etc).

There, now they are only as complicated as rogue talents are.

I think having certain spells on a "legendary" list, have them require feats/levels/etc. is not only not that complicated (again with likening them to rogue talents/rage powers/discoveries/etc.), but also solve a lot of issue.

Heck even make a "Extra Legendary Spells" feat like one does with Rogue Talents.

As well, like with an opposition school make it so legendary spells require two spell slots to prepare and cast.

Create a bunch of feats around it, it could be great. Especially because requiring wizards to specialize to get the legendary spells they want makes them more narrow in scope, which is a good thing.
>>
>>50580043
Why don't we just move the super good spells up a level or nerf them?

Haste is a 4th level spell? Ill still cast it.
>>
>>50580269
A lot of the problem as I see it is not just the spell level, but a wizard's ability to easily add new spells to his spell book and the number of "high power" spells he has. If this was reduced by making them unable to simply be transferred to a spell book and limiting them in number than that, in my mind, remedies a lot of these issues.

I do not put Haste as a "legendary" spell. I place more importance of narrative power than combat power. However some combat spells make it in as well, like Cloud Kill.

I should just write this up, because I actually think this may be a good way to make an Unchained Wizard.
>>
>>50580325
It would be better if every spell had a cost to prepare it. Ability burn, save penalties, basically making preparing every slot be suicide
>>
>>50578821
>Silvia: needs a pat on the back/head and to be told there are people who care about her
Headpats might be too much for her. She'd die of embarrassment.
>>
>>50580364
I disagree. I hate the idea of taking damage for using my class features - there's a reason Overchannel was never picked up in 3.5 psionics, and it's the reason why Kineticist is such a steaming turd.
>>
>>50579097
Song is her family name, Lilin is her personal name, and she works for Sheriff Hemlock, not Mayor Deverin.
>>
>>50579119
To be fair, it's padded with a few NPCs, but on the other hand that only accounts for about like 1 in 8.
>>
File: o0fsib2.jpg (140KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
o0fsib2.jpg
140KB, 1366x768px
>>50580450
Fuck, how'd I get those two mixed up?
>>
>>50580325
>let's make the wizard a sorcerer!
Jesus

>then let's give them burn!
Christ
>>
>>50580487
The names? Everyone except me has been calling her Song Lilin, so not too out of the question. The employer? I think I might have mentioned Mayor Deverin more than Sheriff Hemlock in her backstory. She also doesn't particularly like Jubrayl or Ameiko, but that's more minor.
>>
If I were to do Unchained Wizards, this would likely be a list of changes:
>School specialization overhaul, instead of 2 powers there are 3 (1st, 7th, 13th level powers)
>No such thing as a "Universalist" instead one has to specialize
>Opposition schools would be changed, instead there would be Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary schools
>Bonded object would be the standard, familiars would need to be garnered through a "legendary spell" slot for Summon Familiar
>Cantrips would go back to being limited use
>Certain spells would be removed from the spell list and transferred into a "Legendary" spell list that would act much like rogue talents with level requirements, feat requirements, and spell book requirements.
>Legendary spells act like old opposition spells, requiring two spell slots to prepare

I believe Talents in general feels good, choice and variety feels good. It's the same reason I essentially added it to everything in the Broken Shackles martials. Limiting access to certain spells as well, along with limiting access to certain schools (through secondary & tertiary schools) adds not only to the difficulty of magic but the overall need for specialization.

The main issue with wizards as I see it is the ability to simply do everything. That needs to be limited. If I were to go farther I would overhaul the entire spell casting system to work more than 5e's.

>>50580364
I don't see how that is better from a balance perspective or fun perspective. It simply makes wizards, one of the classes with the poorest support for increasing their saving throws (essentially no class features for it, and their spell list only helps bit for buffing saves in particular) into even further glass cannons.

While I argue against feel good mechanics for the sake of feel good, I argue against feel bad mechanics in their entirety except when they come with a narratively focused position (like Oracle Curses).
>>
>>50579489
Oh, most certainly! She claims it's for a book that she's writing, but really it's because she wants to learn more about the lands outside of her home! Also to write a book, so she's not lying so to speak.
>>
>>50580502
>let's make the wizard a sorcerer!
They would primarily still act like wizards. Are you disagreeing that access to certain spells shouldn't have requirements/be limited? Honestly I'm just spitballing here, do you have suggestions because this is just ideas off the top of my head.

The thing is though they are still prepared casters. I don't see how they act like sorcerers. Is it in that some spells are limited access? But sorcerers don't do that either. I'm confused.

>then let's give them burn!
Wait I'm confused, where did I give them burn.
>>
>Unchained Wizard

isn't it a chained up wizard though?
>>
>>50580642
In the same sense the summoner is unchained.
>>
>>50580566
>If I were to do Unchained Wizards, this would likely be a list of changes:
honestly it sounds like good changes

>If I were to go farther I would overhaul the entire spell casting system to work more than 5e's.
meh on this point
>>
>>50580605
Phoneposting.

I think wizards should basically get all spells free. Like a cleric. Pay 10 gold x spell level x spell level seems good.

Balance the spells snd the problem is gone. Simple.
>>
>>50580713
That makes wizards even stronger though.
>>
>>50580642
Unchained = Re-designed
>>
Speaking of wizards, does anyone have the Wisword? I think it was spelled that way, I think it was a DSP joke?
>>
>>50580713
>Balance the spells snd the problem is gone. Simple.
This is a lot harder than 'simple'.
>>
>>50580754
No it was some guys homebrew.
>>
>>50580605
>>50580566
>>50580043
>>50579839
>>50579756
who dis and why should I care how he wants wizards?
>>
File: 1471372791664.png (2MB, 1612x1042px) Image search: [Google]
1471372791664.png
2MB, 1612x1042px
>>50580754
I only have the original version.
>>
>>50580782
It was a joke homebrew though.
>>
>>50579407
Which one is yours, anon?
>>
>>50580421

That's the idea! We need to make her more comfortable to affection, even if it means scratching behind her ears or grooming her hair!
>>
File: Give her the B.png (557KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Give her the B.png
557KB, 800x600px
>>50581238
Are you going to give the B?
>>
>>50580774
Not easy, simple.
>>50580730
The dm being a dick with "they don't have that spell" isnt a solution.
>>
>>50581281

Not only, but I'll get some nice-smelling shampoos and a conditioner that brings out her hair's luster!
>>
File: silver fox 01.jpg (96KB, 990x662px) Image search: [Google]
silver fox 01.jpg
96KB, 990x662px
>>50580421
But what about her giving headpats to others? Surely she likes animals?
>>
File: 1431911115329.png (87KB, 333x282px) Image search: [Google]
1431911115329.png
87KB, 333x282px
>>50581308

The Land of the Linnorm Kings has a lot of hygienic products, a whole lot! You can bet your tushie the addition of a significant Tien population means there will be Onsen/Hot Springs all over the place, or maybe even saunas!
>>
>>50581302
>The dm being a dick with "they don't have that spell" isnt a solution.
But that isn't what he's doing? He's going "You need to spend X limited resource to get spell rather than Y less limited resource".
>>
>>50581308
But wouldn't that require that she be in the bath with someone else? That'd definitely make her go "awawawa".

>>50581321
She enjoys giving headpats as much as receiving them! It makes her feel sort of like a alpha female.
>>
File: F4gwqNO.gif (36KB, 679x604px) Image search: [Google]
F4gwqNO.gif
36KB, 679x604px
So, I figure Cirno would be a Witch with a Water Patron, but what race would work best?
>>
File: dude eyes lmao.jpg (36KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
dude eyes lmao.jpg
36KB, 500x281px
>>50581397
>Cirno being an Int based class

Oh shit son what are you doing?
>>
>>50581401
She's probably something like a water based elementalist.
>>
>>50581401
High Int, Low Wis. She's not stupid, that's just bully talk.
>>
File: 1435870683460.jpg (115KB, 896x720px) Image search: [Google]
1435870683460.jpg
115KB, 896x720px
>>50581390

>That spoiler

Indeed it would, though I'm sure the water will hide most of the bits that make her cheeks turn all red (she'll be doing enough of that when the guy's running his finger's through her lovely silver locks!) She'll have to be careful where she puts her hands, we don't want her to have an embarrassment cascade!

Let's be honest here, the combination of intimacy, anxiety and affection will absolutely make any kink that goes on a real treat for everyone involved!
>>
>>50581371
We had a Hot Springs episode of Linnorm Kings one time!
>>
why is dex so important to wizards
>>
>>50581499

Rays and such count as ranged attacks, Dex helps with Range.
>>
>>50581499
AC, Reflex, Initiative, Ranged Attacks. I guess you don't need it if your're playing a super shitty/cheesy crafter/binder guy.
>>
>>50581499
Dex gives you AC and Initiative. AC means you don't crumple like tissue paper, Initiative means you can go first so that you can cast your spells.
>>
>>50581499
The same reason dex is important to everyone.
>>
>>50581476
>everyone involved
I'm pretty sure she could only handle one person./spoiler]She has somewhat severe hold-ups about intimacy and relationships.
>>
>>50581536

Yeah I figured, she's an adorable cinnamon bun that wants one special guy (or girl? Maybe?) For herself, and honestly that just makes it even cuter!
>>
File: Oglaf Fox 02.png (136KB, 331x299px) Image search: [Google]
Oglaf Fox 02.png
136KB, 331x299px
>>50581390
>mfw imagining her reactions to ending up in the bath with various other characters

There's so many ways this could be hilarious, I don't even know which one would make the best pastebin storytime.
Her mistaking another party member for someone's familiar amuses me greatly.
>>
>>50581397
Unique fey Sorcerer 9, elemental bloodline (water), possibly wildblooded for the primal variant.
>>
So /pfg/, how does one improve their roleplay in text games? Earlier people were talking about taking 10 minutes to write out a line or two. How can I improve both my writing quality and writing time?
>>
>>50581594
Does anyone even have a literal animal familiar? Though the idea of constant mistaking of a party member and a familiar would be funny.
>>
>>50581613
Write more. That's really the only thing you need to do.
>>
>>50581390
>>50581594

This presents the question of who Silvia would feel most comfortable with in the bath, naked!

Better yet, who would the player want Silvia developing feelings for!
>>
>>50581678
Should I attempt writing more dialogue and descriptions specifically then or just any writing?
>>
>>50581693
Text role-play is a mix of dialogue and action descriptions. As a GM it is far more description. Try both.

Also try not to agonize over every little thing. It doesn't have to be perfect.
>>
>>50581693

Learn adjectives and fancy verbs to keep your writing short and sweet, too little and your character falls flat but too much and other players become stressed at the bar getting raised.
>>
File: 1430322016098.jpg (181KB, 556x690px) Image search: [Google]
1430322016098.jpg
181KB, 556x690px
>>50581476
>>50581390
>>50581594
>>50581691
How about if we put her in the bath with another character equally nervous, shy, and with confidence issues? So that instead of lewds we just get something adorable as the two of them act all shy and try their best to avoid looking at each other or being a problem?
>>
>>50581691
I don't know if I can pick one for the second one. There's a lot of good players.Though I imagine she'd have an easier time with characters like Gil, Rubio or Gallius.

For the second, probably Shizuka or Rinka, seeing as Silvia likes to feel like the big sister and they seem cuddly enough. After spending some time together, it'd be whoever she has romantic feelings for.
>>
>>50581740

Just put her in with Anja, that aberration of hers has an appetite for negative emotions, it will feast on Silvia's anxiety!
>>
>>50581831
You mean the first one, for Shizuka or Rinka?
>>
File: DaS Keep Me Posted.jpg (121KB, 359x305px) Image search: [Google]
DaS Keep Me Posted.jpg
121KB, 359x305px
>>50581855
>Anja lets her aberration eidolon go to town on Silvia in order to get all those negative emotions out

Does that even count as the Yuri Route?
>>
>>50581869
Yeah, for who she'd feel comfortable in the bath with.

>>50581855
>feast on Silvia's anxiety
I don't know what to think of this.It sounds scary.
>>
>>50581893

Nope, it's the consentacles route with Anja just piggybacking on the pleasure wave.
>>
What's a good class to gestalt with Investigator for a character with a Lovecraftian past?
>>
>>50581930

Oracle or one of those Occult classes, obviously.
>>
>>50581930
Some sort of occultist?
>>
Can we not?
>>
>>50581954
As Silvia's player, I'd rather we don't enter /d/ territory.
>>
>>50581943
>>50581945
I've never played an Occultist, is it action heavy? I feel like studied combat will keep me busy as is.
>>
>>50581739
Where would one learn more fancy adjectives and verbs to spruce up descriptive writing?
>>
>>50582034
Read. That's the other part of it. Doesn't have to be huge books, just read more and incorporate the reading into your writing.
>>
>>50581981
I don't think /d/ territory is what he's complaining about bub. I think he means the almost LITERAL circle jerking going on in this thread.

All these characters are posted. You know who you guys are, go PM them if you want to squee about how badly you want to see them in an onsen episode that's just like your favorite animu and gossip about who's the cutest like a bunch of vapid highschool cheerleaders. There is a thread for this, there is an IRC for this.

Please.

I beg you.
>>
So I did the thing. I as a Fighter spent feats to get more skills.

I ended up with the equivalent of 9 ranks/level. Plus being a human with relatively high int made me end up at 13 skill ranks per level at 9th level.

It cost me an AWT, AAT and 3 feats though. Still feels worth it.
>>
>>50582034

Books and other applications, typically on Myth-Weavers (just trawl the Pathfinder advertisements and read what tickles your fancy.)
>>
>>50581981
How about we stay in "not creepy cringy shit" terratory?
>>
>>50576719
Non-D&D player here, little curious.

Pathfinder was a spin-off from 3.5, yes? Why do people prefer it to the newer 5e? Is it more complicated and thus deeper?
>>
>>50582048
I second this whole heartedly.
>>
So, Im attempting to make an alternative racial trait for my homebrew catfolk.

"Every time you die you remake yourself the next day within ten feet of the spot where you died. You come back with all your hitpoints but no equipment (it can be found where your corpse was, unless the items were taken). Your original corpse vanishes, if it still existed at all."

Im trying to think of a downside i can attach to this to balance it out, if that can be done. Im thinking at the moment of either:-

1, You die whenever you reach 0hp or less
2, You cannot be healed in any way besides rest if you go below 0hp
3, Every time you come back this way, you take only the negative stat modifiers for going up an age bracket

Any thoughts or suggerstions?
>>
>>50582049
...Why? You realize skill ranks doesn't actually do that much for you? That's why the rogue isn't the best skill monkey, despite 8+int per level.
>>
>>50582086

At this point it's because we've grown accustomed to the system, there are plenty of DMs who are accustomed to the system, and there's a lot of material available to the system compared to 5e.

In a couple years from now when 5e is big and bloated, I'm sure most of us will have moved onto that system, but for now it's Pathfinder we're comfy with.
>>
>>50582103
The best skill monkey is Investigator. Rogues are still not bad skill monkeys.
>>
>>50582048
>Asking people to stop on 4chan

You can't stop thread topics, you divert them by bringing up something more interesting.
>>
What gestalts well with a cleric that isnt a full caster?

I recently read Planes of Power so I wanted to make a fire worshiper for the RotJR campaign. Someone who had a vision of a brilliant garnet and he or she believes it to be in Tian. I wanted to be a worshiper of Atreia even though he is all locked up.
>>
>>50582102
I think that's essentially impossible to balance and sounds retarded.
>>
>>50582048
The funny thing is, the IRC is actually pretty quiet and calm, and likes to laugh about how silly thing get here.
>>
>>50582048
>bitching about circlejerking without offering up a different topic for people to discuss
>when the only thing that EVER goes on in these threads is circlejerking
>sometimes it's just circlejerking about even more retarded shit instead of people actually kind of enjoying something

We're a containment thread for a reason, even if sometimes shit gets more out of hand than usual. If it wasn't this, it would be people bitching about someone's houserules, or whining because they can't fathom not hyperoptimizing gestalt.
>>
>>50582048
I'd rather people post interactions about characters than shitpost about PoW/Spheres balance, whine about 2hu, complain about wizards being gods and martials being peasants. At least people are talking about something positive. Yeah, it was cringey, but I'll take that over the other kinds of shitposting we use to fill the void that is /pfg/.

In my opinion, there isn't enough to actually necessitate a pathfinder general.
>>
>>50582102
Is it limited to 9 times? You could have increasing stat debuffs for each life lost.
>>
>>50582129
IRCs for public forums are high horses by nature.
When you can see everything going on in one discussion but they can't see yours, it's always so easy to point and chuckle when they can't talk back.
>>
>>50582126
Ranger
Monk
UC Monk
>>
File: tumblr_n00ajg0mhO1rhe8jbo1_500.jpg (95KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n00ajg0mhO1rhe8jbo1_500.jpg
95KB, 500x750px
>>50582086

Pretty much, yeah. While it still has many of the same design flaws as its predecessor, Pathfinder makes 5e seem a little bare-bones in comparison.
>>
>>50582086
3.x is a messy and complicated system to learn. It's ESPECIALLY bad if it's your first system. A lot of people, however, did and do get started on it. It's a pain in the ass to learn properly, so many of those people come to the conclusion that any other system must be a pain in the ass to learn properly as well! This leads to complete refusal to even look at anything that isn't 3.x derivative.

The rest of us are here for various reasons, mostly because it takes less effort to put up with it than it does to convince the aforementioned muleheads to try anything else or to find decent players who already play other systems.

And that, in summary, is why you never, ever, EVER let Pathfinder or D&D 3.5 to be anyone's first system even if that means making sure they never get to play.
>>
>>50582171
That wouldn't happen if people in the thread didn't bitch and complain about "you should just start your own IRC to stop shitting up the thread".

This is those people's doings. The RotJR people were happy to stay as anons in the thread, but you TOLD THEM to become more elite.
>>
>>50582137

There's a lot of unfortunate truth to this, the discussions about character interactions are sometimes awkward but at their very worst are just embarrassing, which isn't really as bad as the literal shitflinging we can have going on in these threads whenever someone brings up system heresy.

That said, we shouldn't have these discussions dominate the General, which they did a month ago and they sometimes do when they flare up now. I'm fine with a little gushing over characters, but 300 posts of it is a bit much.
>>
>>50582171
From what I can tell, the RotJR IRC can't have the kinds of discussion that leak into the thread due to the non-anonymous nature of /both/ parties. When you would know who is flirting with you on a bulgarian shoe painting board, it becomes a lot more difficult to initiate.
>>
>>50582174

That is unfortunate.
>>
>>50582115
No one here finds anything more interesting than talking about their fetishes.

>>50582126
So you have to think of what a Cleric is. It's a Wisdom primary character. Let's look at other wisdom benefiting characters that aren't full casters:

Paizo:
>Inquisitor
>Warpriest
>Ranger
>Monk
>Hunter

DSP:
>Stalker
>OD Warder
>Mystic
>Marksman
>Psychic Warrior
>Vitalist

Now what you have to remember is that without domains the cleric spell list is actually not that great for utility. You need to figure out what you want out of this and what sort of style you want the character to play.
>>
>>50582200
>The RotJR people were happy to stay as anons in the thread, but you TOLD THEM to become more elite.

And you know what the absolute worst part about this is? Now that they've become elite and established, it's only a matter of time until the DM finds his way to the IRC and, congratulations, Nepotism eventually starts to form, locking out everyone that doesn't spend hours on the IRC!
>>
>>50582137
/pfg/ exists for these reasons:
-Playtesting and commenting on interesting new 3pp material that comes out (This is its best use)
-Helping resolve unusual or confusing rules questions because by god PF has a lot of them
-Telling new people how shit they are for sticking to core, going for low fantasy, or any of the other common mistakes
>>
>>50582236
And of those, we only need a general for the first one. The other two should just be smaller threads that die out after a while.
>>
>>50582257
>I'm going to make a thread entirely about a single question for a system rather than ask it in the thread for that system, thus insuring that only people who regularly check the entire catalog will see it and be capable of answering
>>
>>50582225
Have you considered a fetish-based homebrew, DHB? Maybe it will help get more eyes on your other stuff!
>>
>>50582229
Personally I don't want to touch IRC. It feels like a waste of time.

I will admit for several threads I talked a lot about my character, and it got meme'd to hell and back. The memery I feel responsible for and don't think it contributed much. Particularly just the constant shouting of NTR and "OP".
>>
>>50582286
Unfortunately I don't want that reputation. I would not want to be the person who creates pornography. This is the same reason I did not write erotica or draw explicit content.
>>
>>50582272
Not like that doesn't happen with the 40k or mtg players.

The model for a general should be the Japanese Tabletop RPG General. They aren't always on the board, they show up when people actually want to talk about it, and therefore have less shitposting to fill the space needed to stay up all the time.
>>
>>50582225

Well, I was hoping for a fire based blaster type who wanted to proselytize the purity of flame. Normally I would do sorcerer but that does not quite fit the proselytizer part. A nature theme might work but idk.
>>
Hey, has Paizo actually released any information regarding the Successor Kingdoms in Tian Xia, and how one could go about reuniting them? The Empire has only been gone for a little less than a hundred years, surely there's some information that details an Endgame for the continent?

Oh, and while we're on the subject, what is Goka supposed to be an analogue for, Hong Kong or Shanghai? Do we have any details about it besides the Ruby Phoenix Tournament is held there?

And what the heck is Amanandar, is it literally just the Land of White People in Tian Xia so you could play a gaijin in the Asia Lands?
>>
>>50582311
>Wanting to disassociate yourself from porn and implying you're looking down on those who do

I really hope you don't get into rotjr. You'd be the awkward guy in the corner while everyone else socializes, both IC and OOC.
>>
>>50582236
you people still bother with the third?
>>
File: 1480903755380.png (375KB, 600x443px) Image search: [Google]
1480903755380.png
375KB, 600x443px
>>50582371
>>
>>50582229
>now that they've become elite and established
>elite

are you implying that saying "hey, the general devolved into shitflinging again" in an Internet Relay Chat born from a general in a Cantonese Woodcarving messageboard is somehow being elitist, or that the channel actually tells certain people they aren't allowed to be there?
>>
>>50582371
I am fine with pornography and do not look down on people who create it. However having a reputation as someone who does puts a damper on yourself in a lot of communities. I personally am sex positive, but being the person who wrote The Book of Erotic Fantasy makes you very risky to be picked up by certain folks.

As well Paizo does not carry any product with explicit content and I write my home-brew with an eventual end game of seeking 3pp publication.
>>
>>50582409

There's a certain stigma associated with really delving hard into the hardcore stuff, but you'd be a fool if you thought most artists or authors never dip their feet in that particular pool.

I'm not even talking about anonymous online homebrewers either, straight up professional artists and writers get involved in porn, such as most famously Disney (back in the 30s) and the Rugrats, of whom insinuated this was a very, very common thing in the studios.
>>
Which SoP spheres are the least useful in general?
>>
>>50582340
You might want to look into an initiator and specialize in elemental flux. I believe mystic glyphs are at least partially elemental theme'd.

Clerics do not make great basters.
>>
>>50582421
Probably war, though I'm not experienced with the system enough to say
>>
>>50582409
Actually, the lady that wrote the BoEF was picked-up by Wizards of the Coast to do Races of the Dragon, as well as several other supplements!
>>
>>50582418
Pornographic tabletops seem a heck of a lot skeevier than 'drew some boobs'
>>
>>50582403

Nah, I'm saying they're "elite" in the sense they're the first on the list for most things purely because "you know that guy" is a much more powerful connection than "this guy's pretty good at writing." That's why I mentioned it's all over if the DM finds his way to the IRC, because then the anonymity is gone and now it's a game of whoever can butter him up the hardest.
>>
>>50582144
Pretty much, though i have no reasoning as to why besides the cat with nine lives thing.
>>
>>50582459
Anyone who tries to get in-nice with a GM just to get into a game is pretty damn skeevy honestly; if they just are normal people, like I hope most of us are, then there's not really any more or less chances for a "victory".
>>
>>50582459
So why do people advocate for a RotJR IRC then? It's practically inviting salty behavior.
>>
>>50582418
Many professionals work hard to hide their more explicit works.

It really depends on how established one is as a figure and what public face you want to portray. I do not want my public face to be one that contains my fetishes. I would rather keep them to personal games and interactions.

As well fetishes are a very delicate subject, as is sexuality. Sexuality as a study in a home-brew is something I have considered, however I do not think it should have a book to itself. As an example I have written about cultural sexuality in setting handouts. An example would be a society profile I wrote for hobgoblins of a particular nationality and their warped ideas of gender roles and sexuality in general.
>>
>>50582434
I know it is not optimal but I am not too worried about that. Especially if I pair it with an initiator class. I will look into the mystic. I have been meaning to read up on that anyways. Or maybe Inquisitor. That could fit. Thanks for the help DHB.
>>
File: dumbdumbdumb.png (348KB, 769x670px) Image search: [Google]
dumbdumbdumb.png
348KB, 769x670px
Are there any games around that are actually recruiting at the moment?
>>
>>50582459
I made the IRC and PMed him telling him to let me know if he wants op. Now he didn't respond, but I take that to mean that he'd rather just not interact. Give the guy some credit.
>>
File: LaughingMetalGear.png (471KB, 680x453px) Image search: [Google]
LaughingMetalGear.png
471KB, 680x453px
>>50582409
>Paizo does not carry any product with explicit content
>he actually believes this

They may not have printed straight up porn, but holy hell dude

>>50582459
Yes, and? Knowing that you get along well with someone, as well as the GM, is a good thing. At this point, even if the original group DOES fall to brown-nosing the GM to get in, the "game" is so big that we have people willing to take up the mantle of running duplicate games with functionally the same rules.

Your worries are reasonable, but at this point it's too early, and the entire premise is so bloated, that people are panicking over literally nothing.
>>
>>50582485

Constant interaction, by it's very nature, will mean the people he talks to day-in-day-out will be more "normal" than the other normal people. It's one of the reasons why it's considered very poor form for journalists to get personally involved with the people they should hold an impartial opinion to.

>>50582521

I guess this means the only thing we need to worry about is if 2+ players from the IRC get into the game, because than you run the risk of them feeling more comfortable with themselves more than their new mates. It's always tough being the outsider getting into a clique, it's part of the reason why the F-List /tg/ group is such a damn toxic mess.
>>
>>50582547
>They may not have printed straight up porn, but holy hell dude
What items in the Paizo store are targeted at ERP? I am almost positive they do not carry ERP supplements.
>>
>>50582557
Superdungeon in Reign of Winter, Sorshen's transformation trap, the Gilded Cages of Lust in Rise of the Runelords, Companion to the Lonely, Calistria, etc.
>>
>>50582557
>What items in the Paizo store are targeted at ERP?

Nothing.

Paizo has released plenty of creepy sex items or monsters that can be used in ERP, but nothing that is explicitly related to having simulated sex.
>>
File: 1478666525737.jpg (682KB, 663x774px) Image search: [Google]
1478666525737.jpg
682KB, 663x774px
>>50582554
>he doesn't know that most of the HV people are from IRC
>>
>>50582557
Do you really think that the creators of, like, half of the Inner Sea Intrigue book (featuring Companion of the Lonely and Orgasm-Touch the PrC) didn't think of the implications of their creations?
>>
>>50582086
>Is it more complicated and thus deeper?
Pathfinder isn't so much deep as it is needlessly complex. 5e is incredibly simple, and while it does have its problems I find that they're much much MUCH fewer in number, easier to notice, and easier to fix.

Pathfinder has more options than 5e, but that's more to do with seniority. When 5e gets more content, I believe that overall it will be the better system.
>>
I had enough of inner circles back in lolg
>>
>>50582576
>nothing that has explicitly related to having simulated sex
The Mask of the Demon Mother literally encourages you to fuck animals.
>>
>>50582577

Which ones are not from the IRC? Isn't that going to kind of fuck those or that player over?
>>
>>50582575
None of those are targeted at ERP. Sure, there are both strange items and monsters that CAN be used for sex, and even abilities that reference coitus, however they do not cater to ERP and do not sell things that cater to ERP.
>>
>>50582592
Maybe that was just intended to be given to villains. The nature would make any right-minded PCs dislike the villain even more on account of their weird depravity!
>>
>>50582586
Generals by nature are the beginnings of inner circles. You're separating yourselves from the rest of the board. This mentality carries into formation of IRCs, Discords, or in game groups like guilds and what not.
>>
>>50582592

And Bachelor's Snuff encourages contraceptives while Night Tea is an abortificant and Arshea encourages you to run around naked for a Charisma boost.

>>50582612

This, we've become so desensitized to creepy sex stuff that we don't realize it's meant to be, as I said, creepy.
>>
>>50582596
Yori made the IRC, Sersheon and Shizuka have are in there pretty frequently, Tyran pops in now and then. Marshall and Dierdre haven't been there, afaik.
>>
File: the feels, jack.jpg (263KB, 800x1107px) Image search: [Google]
the feels, jack.jpg
263KB, 800x1107px
>>50582577
>mfw maybe i would have gotten into HV if i frequented the IRC
>>
>>50582610
I mean specially and entirely related to ERP. Such as an BoEF sort of thing. They will not have a book out there specifically for ERP.

Anything of a sexual nature will piggy back on a legitimate subject.
>>
>>50582610
You're being needlessly-autistic, pedantic, and willfully-ignorant if you think that "ERP shit" is required to be sold as ERP-material or whatever.
>>
File: memesjack.png (764KB, 933x769px) Image search: [Google]
memesjack.png
764KB, 933x769px
>>50582637
>file name
>>
>>50582637

See >>50582629

50% of the people who got in never visited the IRC or don't really give a damn about it.
>>
File: 134563345465.jpg (106KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
134563345465.jpg
106KB, 1280x720px
Is it wrong I prefer playing a bit older characters? Like ones in their thirties and forties (or similar if they are not akin to humans)? I almost feel wrong for having fallen out of the allure of playing a young, energetic, attractive adventurer... but I can't get into the mindset of it anymore.
>>
>>50582615
Sure, but that does not mean they have to stay in the generals
GM + his players will always form a tighter group than the rest. But I do not come here and talk about all of my games that none of you play in to everyone else.
>>
>>50582641
I'm saying that Paizo will not sell a book that is advertised in a similar manner to the BoEF is. Their sexual content is piggy backed onto legitimate subjects. As well we need to consider certain more depraved ones, like the Mask of the Demon Mother is meant to be strange and horrifying to most normal folks and most of Pathfinder's audience. Simply because people in /pfg/ do in fact want to have sex with animals does not detract from that being the intended narrative context.
>>
File: 1442190675946.png (84KB, 599x717px) Image search: [Google]
1442190675946.png
84KB, 599x717px
>>50582673

It's not wrong at all, personally I prefer making my characters in their 30s and 40s as well, especially if the campaign starts around level 5-10!
>>
>>50582675
>he doesn't talk about his games to /pfg/
And people wonder why we have to resort to shitposting due to lack of content.
>>
>>50582694
DHB, you're yanking those goalposts so hard I think you broke them.
>>
>>50582673

Nah, I'm the same way; most of my characters are in their 30s and I've personally gushed over the fact some characters such as a tough Paladin human woman with short silver hair who was assigned as our commander being in their upper 40s.
>>
>>50582720
I'm not sure how I am. I just don't want to write home-brew with the express purpose of being used for sexual content because I for one don't want that to be my public facing reputation and the fact Paizo does not carry content of that nature.

Like i said I am fine with sexuality being included and have done so in the past when writing race content.
>>
Are your druids this cute?
>>
>>50582701
They do not have a gimmick to talk about (sexual content) or super high quality to make super interesting stories.

It is mostly going through the Paizo APs and enjoying ourselves.

Confession. Court intrique mission. Female character. Dress shopping. Playing barbie with your character is surprisingly satisfying.
>>
>>50582763
>>50582409
>As well Paizo does not carry any product with explicit content
>>
File: 1441112018639.png (1MB, 500x646px) Image search: [Google]
1441112018639.png
1MB, 500x646px
>>50582772

>mfw that spoiler
>mfw I love shopping for that shit
>mfw I love to describe it in absurd detail
>mfw it's for my male character

There's just something *fun* about going all-out in describing how dapper your character looks or the way their clothing accentuates their features in all the right ways.
>>
>>50582794
Paizo's policy to sexual content is WEIRD
Second book of Shattered Star
Just
I'll cite that as my reference
>>
>>50582763
Serious question, is that your normal typing style or do you intentionally use a formal tone to maintain a professional air with your trip on?

For someone so concerned with public image, do you realize that such a stiff way of speaking actually draws slight hostility towards you on 4chan?
>>
>>50582772
You don't need s gimmick to talk about your games anon.
>>
>>50582863
>tfw typed up a long storytime of my game once
>no replies
>a thread or two later I talked about an issue with my game in passing and an anon said 'wait I remember you you're that weird one from a few threads back'

;_;
>>
Need ideas for my next game.

Party is in a desert nation where player races (humans/elves/drwarves) are typically slaves/servants. They're about to enter a big city ruled by a young dragon (unknown to them).

But I can't think of anything for them to do there. Help please?
>>
>>50582794
I will agree that some items/content is sexual in nature. My original statement was incorrect in that they do not carry any sexual content, but they certainly do not carry books entirely devoted to it.

However while I think that at least some of the writers do want to use their content for ERP plenty of it is also meant to merely support the narrative or appear horrifying (like the giant birthing demons) and not meant to arouses even if it arouses some.

As well I said explicit sexual content. They mention coitus and items that interact with sexuality. That does not constitute explicit sexual content.

As well their policy is inconsistent, especially with material they publish themselves and not 3pp folks. They have things that are far more edging on explicit content than others.

I agree that a catch all statements I used before are not entirely accurate. I was hasty.

>>50582840
To a degree I try and be less offensive when I have my trip on and less actively belligerent.

>For someone so concerned with public image, do you realize that such a stiff way of speaking actually draws slight hostility towards you on 4chan?
Many things draw hostility on 4chan. I would rather try and be more polite and accommodating with my trip on and garner hostility. It is much less the tone and the fact there is a trip at all.
>>
>>50582910
Like, you want a plot hook at start to go with?
>>
>>50582910

So what races aren't slaves/servants?
>>
File: Nichijou Group Shot 1.png (821KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Nichijou Group Shot 1.png
821KB, 1280x720px
>>50582575
>>50582824
>Sorshen trap
>second book of shattered star
>mfw another player got so weirded out by that whole book that we had to retcon the trap so that it didn't kill the person who triggered it me, the only dude in the party
>get PMs from the GM wondering what to do with the trap instead, while having to watch the other players say they're thinking of torching the trap or some other shit
>mfw once everyone's calmed down, we end up with a solution that's way cooler and much less creepy than the trap as-written
>mfw I'm getting to make another fragment of my own soul into another daughteru

Mistakes into miracles
>>
>>50582910
So I played in a game that took place in fantasy bagdad. There was a large terrorist cell targeting nobles that were trying to recruit. We actually recruited several servants of high houses for this purpose.

Generally changing generic "rebels" to "terrorists" complete with the proper kind of compartmentalized organization, radical rallies, mass hangings, military police, and more. I love urban adventures like that.

We ended up hiding beneath the slums in the sewers.
>>
>>50582926
Yeah that'd be great. I've been running this game for 2 years and I've got writer's block. The town was just supposed to be a pit stop but my players have decided they want more stuff there.
>>50582943
Encountered so far: Half-orcs, kobolds, tengu. Open to others, but haven't given it much thought.
>>
>>50583087
As foreigners then I say even more so that terrorism, particularly if the terrorist cell discovers the dragon's influence would be fantastic.
>>
I'm trying to rework my haemonculi race for the old west setting and I had an idea strike me last night

Tell me how this sounds my dudes and dudettes, i need some help with the wording.

Haemonculi are defined by their class levels - they do not possess racial Hit Dice. All Haemonculi have the following racial traits

- Ability Score Racial Traits: Special, see the Copy racial ability

- Size: Special, see the Copy racial ability

- Base Speed: Special, see the Copy racial ability

- Languages: Haemonculi begin play speaking Common. Haemonculi with high Intelligence can choose any languages they want (except secret languages, such as Druidic).

- Copy: At character creation, a Haemonculi may choose another humanoid race, such as human or elves. They gain the ability scores, movement speed, and size of their chosen race, and appear to be a member of that race in appearance. They do not gain any of the other racial abilities of that race.

- Living Alchemy: One per a day, as a standard action a Haemonculi can spit up a substance that replicates the effect of a single alchemical item with a craft DC of 20 or less. This item is used as normal, and becomes inert after 1 hour if not used.

- Artificial: For the purposes of effects targeting creatures by type (such as a ranger's favored enemy and bane weapons), Haemonculi count as both humanoids and constructs. They gain a +2 Racial Bonus on Will saving throws.

- Ageless: Haemonculi do not have age categories, and will never gain any of the benefits or penalties of aging. They have no maximum age, are created fully grown.
>>
>>50583099
The citizens are aware of their ruler's nature. Only unknown to my players because theyve been traveling with thri-kreen who live outside of the city's influence and themselves know little of the areas beyond their homeland.

Also, thanks to whoever recommended that the thri-kreen chieftain marries off his daughter to one of my players. They loved it.
>>
>>50583187
>Thri-Keen chieftaindaughter waifu.

Lucky bastard.
>>
>>50583087
If they want to shop around, you could make con-artist that tries to abduct them for his humanoid traffic business

Or maybe an escaped slave tumbles into them and if the party is seen helping him, they are marked as rebels.

Or maybe they get trapped by a rival dragon who wants their help to overthrow the other dragon.
>>
>>50583198

Why? Thri-keen aren't attractive - I mean sure, good for him to like it, but the /tg/ lust for a literal bug race is just weird.
>>
File: 1413879409711.jpg (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1413879409711.jpg
1MB, 1000x1000px
>>50583222
>but the /tg/ lust for a literal bug race is just weird.
>not wanting cute Thri-kreen waifu
What are you, gay?
>>
>>50583222
Players didn't ask for it, and had no idea it was coming. The thri-kreen believed a PC was their god and when he passed their tests, he was welcomed into the tribe - which involved marrying the chieftains daughter.

Also, bug races rock
>>
File: 1423274104262.png (339KB, 1000x885px) Image search: [Google]
1423274104262.png
339KB, 1000x885px
>>50583222
>not wanting dat abdomen
>>
File: 1458629757236.png (256KB, 1113x863px) Image search: [Google]
1458629757236.png
256KB, 1113x863px
>>50583222
Bug girls are cutietastic.
>>
File: Thri-Keen.jpg (46KB, 289x356px) Image search: [Google]
Thri-Keen.jpg
46KB, 289x356px
This is now a buggirl thread.
>>
>>50583222
To be entirely fair many characters end up (eventually anyways) as unholy eldritch abominations of some sort, whether it's "mostly giant robot with a hint of gelatinous-cube" or "day of the tentacle rape" or even "look ma, a tiefling dragon disciple"
>>
File: Skybourne Cap Page 30-31.png (2MB, 1346x847px) Image search: [Google]
Skybourne Cap Page 30-31.png
2MB, 1346x847px
Behold, one of the only good things to come from Skyborne
>>
File: Skybourne Cap Page 32-33.png (2MB, 1342x848px) Image search: [Google]
Skybourne Cap Page 32-33.png
2MB, 1342x848px
>>50583307
and part two
>>
File: 1466382762816.jpg (121KB, 823x831px) Image search: [Google]
1466382762816.jpg
121KB, 823x831px
>>50583296
Are bug guys okay too?

That girl is so cute I want to hug her
>>
Honestly for all the kistune shitposting I saw over the past half a year I am saddened next to no good 'ara ara' older/wiser venerated kitsune came out of it. All of these pedophiles and horny teens don't know what they are missing.
>>
>>50583325

Dude, I desperately wanted at least one 30-40 year old woman to come out of RotJR and we got none.

Seems like people think any woman above the age of 25 is worthless! Same with men, for that matter.
>>
>>50583350
CHRISTMAS CAKE
>>
>>50583319
>Dex to gun damage at level 17

FOR WHAT PURPOSE
>>
>>50583350
Amalthea?
>>
File: JojoPoseToTheMusic.gif (252KB, 500x448px) Image search: [Google]
JojoPoseToTheMusic.gif
252KB, 500x448px
>>50583325
>>50583350
>mfw realization that my character, while probably one of the oldest characters, isn't anywhere near the "ara ara" or "old and wise" stage yet
>but he is christmas cake tier

I can work with this
>>
File: Kogitsunemaru.full.1842702.jpg (421KB, 600x848px) Image search: [Google]
Kogitsunemaru.full.1842702.jpg
421KB, 600x848px
>>50583325
The best foxed go kon kon.
>>
File: cakes.png (913KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
cakes.png
913KB, 1366x768px
>>50583358
Careful, you'll trigger that one anti-cake poster.
>>
>>50583350
I could try to make one, if you want.
Not a Kitsune, but I could make and submit a second character that's middle aged.
>>
>>50583325
>>50583350
>tfw you almost made a "ara ara/ka ka" onee-san type kitsune priestess
>ywn run away from the miko life just to live the life of adventure, looking for a perfect otouto to take care of.
>>
>>50583375
Note that it says ALL firearms, not the one he starts with.

The original version gets dex to damage for one type of gun only.
>>
>>50583350

Amalthea and Casimir are in their 30s!
>>
>>50583444
>>50583466

Make them! A mature woman will absolutely stand apart from the young ones!
>>
>>50582673
It's not any worse then playing a young, energetic adventurer.
>>
Why do people portray thri-kreen with anything approaching human psychology/mannerisms.
>>
>>50583562

Because they're perverts that think Thri-Keen are the height of waifu races, and a race with no concept or ability to feel romance or sexual desire will make them sad face!
>>
File: 1479367578953.jpg (113KB, 900x728px) Image search: [Google]
1479367578953.jpg
113KB, 900x728px
Bug people?

Bug people
>>
>>50582824
Explain?
>>
It has been 5 months and I finally just realized that my DM has been ignoring the auto-hit rule of crits.

Are there feats that do this, or is he just a dick?
>>
File: eileen the crow.jpg (206KB, 468x468px) Image search: [Google]
eileen the crow.jpg
206KB, 468x468px
>>50583507
Alright.
Though I hope you don't mind traveling with an old crow
>>
File: 1479350912166.png (538KB, 1386x576px) Image search: [Google]
1479350912166.png
538KB, 1386x576px
>>50583613
>>
File: 1479353957582.jpg (276KB, 1240x1754px) Image search: [Google]
1479353957582.jpg
276KB, 1240x1754px
>>50583627

>>50583622
The only ones that auto hit are 20's and that's regardless if they confirm.
>>
>>50583622
>It has been 5 months and I finally just realized that my DM has been ignoring the auto-hit rule of crits.
Do you mean auto-hit on natural 20? Because you don't auto-hit on crits.
>>
Has there been any new information about the teased initiating beguiler from a week ago or so? I'm thinking it might be an interesting direction for a strix character I'm putting together for RotJR.
>>
File: 1479354199942.jpg (131KB, 1535x564px) Image search: [Google]
1479354199942.jpg
131KB, 1535x564px
>>50583642
>>
File: 1479354527799.jpg (398KB, 768x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1479354527799.jpg
398KB, 768x1200px
>>50583655
I'm just gonna dump my bug people folder for the lovely /pfg/ folks.
>>
>>50583669
Fuck off.
>>
>>50583642
>>50583652
Yes, sorry, that's what I meant.

I realized it today when reviewing my rulebook and thought back to all the times my natural 20 attacks were somehow not good enough to beat an AC.
>>
File: 1479367642928.jpg (88KB, 600x816px) Image search: [Google]
1479367642928.jpg
88KB, 600x816px
>>50583669
>Warhammer-wielding Bushi Warder bugman

>>50583676
Why?
>>
File: 1479367765812.jpg (129KB, 700x564px) Image search: [Google]
1479367765812.jpg
129KB, 700x564px
>>50583689
>>
File: Kabuto.jpg (111KB, 320x350px) Image search: [Google]
Kabuto.jpg
111KB, 320x350px
>>50583655
Walking the path of heaven, *I* approve this message.
>>
>>50583654
This is all we've got from ertw so far, no clue when the details are coming, but I'm pretty excited about some of those options:
http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2qmqe&page=14?Beguiler-conversion-for-Pathfinder#698
>>
File: 1479368028326.jpg (102KB, 800x574px) Image search: [Google]
1479368028326.jpg
102KB, 800x574px
>>50583709
>ywn be a karate bugman sniper
I wish sniping didn't suck ass in Pathfinder.
>>
>>50583655
Big guy gets a themetune
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z_3hRm7K8g
>>
Just ban this general and be done with it.
>>
>when your DM is a college student and has to cancel games because of finals
fucking normies
>>
>>50583736

>>50583717
>>50583743
>Ravana and the Riven Hourglass karate bugman
Bugbros coming out of the woodwork is a great feel.
>>
File: 1479368092796.jpg (112KB, 800x699px) Image search: [Google]
1479368092796.jpg
112KB, 800x699px
>>50583766

>>50583745
Oh bugger off.
>>
>>50583624

Raven-themed human woman, or old Tengu?

Either are good!

>>50583745

I think we're all as disgusted with the bugs as you are, anon.
>>
>>50583752

Finals are only one or two weeks, you can find other things to do!
>>
>>50583792
Last one since people aren't happy with it.
>>
>>50583811
but then he'll probably cancel for christmas and new years
god damn it having a normie GM sucks
>>
>health is improving
>thinking I want to run game
>worried I'll suddenly get ill again
>also want to play in game
I honestly feel like a huge piece of shit after last time where I had to put a stop to the campaign before it really got started. Maybe I should just go for it.
>>
>>50583794
Tengu, my first time making a beast race character
>>
>>50583766
Lot of these are pretty neat. Fukken saved on the sniper too.

>>50583736
While Sniping does not work well, barrages do, at least, if nothing else.

If only it weren't from cut/smash-from and the lowass damage that getting just one attack can cause...

But, you CAN make it a bit viable with 3pp; an Aegis can use a certain combination of customizations to at least get that gun into the colossals by high level.

My beam cannon's got 12d6 if nothing else; while certainly a volley is better, Vital Strike can almost be considered viable once you'll average around 180 normal hits.
>>
>>50583846
Run oneshots until you feel confident. Literally the answer to your dilemma.
>>
>>50583859
I've accepted it as impossible, though I doubt cut/smash from the air will have enough use on enemies to really make a difference.
>>
>>50583854

IT BEGINS
>>
/pfg/ is it bad form to bring a sheet to table that's basically a copy of an existing video game/anime character?
>>
>>50583820
I liked it, at least.
>>
>>50583907

Yeah. But if it's not a particularly serious game, maybe it's okay.
>>
>>50583923
You can fuck off too, samefag.
>>
>>50583907
Depends on how subtle it is and how open you are about it, and how serious the game is.

Like, if you had a sheet with "Dante, from the Devil May Cry series" sticker on it, I'd allow it in a non-serious game.
>>
>>50583907
I'll tell you my perspective when I'm GMing. I often see new players do this. They watch a show, love a character, and want to play him. Then when they come to the table then end up in one of two routes:
>upset when their character can't measure up to the powers of that fictional character or have powers they feel don't fit
>get bored when they watch a new show and want to switch to a new character from that show

If you don't think you'll do either then more power to you.
>>
>>50582086
Nostalgia, mostly. I love the base system warts and all, Paizo's errata and writing quality aside.
That said, it is pretty easy to use for stuff in homebrewing once you've learned it, but that's something you could say about a lot of systems.
>>
>>50583820
How about we homebrew a race of outsiders influenced by the elemental plane of bug-people?
>>
>>50582370
It's Hong Kong-as-foreign-owned-territory, where Goka is more modern Hong Kong-as-sprawling-metropolis.
>>
>>50583854

I'm honestly looking forward to it! Tengu are scrappy little rascals, an older one must have quite a beak to match their ruffled feathers.
>>
File: 1479424536916.png (892KB, 851x995px) Image search: [Google]
1479424536916.png
892KB, 851x995px
>>50583947
He wasn't me, Mr. No-Fun.

What do you propose we do instead with the general? Shitpost about PoW/Spheres/2hu/RotJR/kitsune/Paizo being Paizo?
>>
Does anyone have pictures of someone who'd say 'ara ara~' holding a scythe?
>>
>>50582453
Then again, weren't she and her husband already known for drawing some porn-comedy comics?
>>
File: 1312227476983.jpg (309KB, 633x950px) Image search: [Google]
1312227476983.jpg
309KB, 633x950px
>>50584005
Maybe
>>
>>50582459
Personally, I'm as Rubio's player going to try and keep myself recused from pimping my character too much--though I do keep running back to the Roll20 threads to edit my backstory for flow and detail.
>>
>>50584024
O-oh jeez that was fast. Thanks anon!
>>
>>50583891
Well if you've got 3pp access your best option is the Sniper Rifle from LGG. They were smart too and made gunsmithing capable of crafting them without the fucking artifact labs.

That weapon is a semi-automatic with 4d6 at medium (be careful, it's 2d6 not 3d6 small though!) Which means an Aegis can get a large(6d6) one for 32k, Making it count as Huge(8d) with Augment or a certain Earth Stance, eventually Gargantuan (12d, 3 essence) with Armory of the Conqueror, and by 20th Colossal 2 (4 essence and a +3 Catalyst for 4 size ups) for a final 24d6.

At that point you either force criticals through Solar Wind or Tempest Gale's level 6/7(respectively) maneuvers, or at worst greater-vital-strike for an average of 336 from weapon dice alone.

Which isn't spectacular, but it's not BAD either.
>>
>>50582657
>>50582637
>>50582577
Were there any HV applicants who WERE in the IRC and DIDN'T make the cut?
>>
>>50584095
yes
>>
File: scythegirl.jpg (132KB, 850x1247px) Image search: [Google]
scythegirl.jpg
132KB, 850x1247px
>>50584043
I had that one on file
>>
>>50583969
>tfw I've had one player go down both those routes at the same time
>had to kill the campaign because I wove its setting backstory heavily with the PCs and any one of them leaving meant it fell apart
>>
>>50584103
Is that where people were supposed to talk up their characters? Shit, if I'd known
>>
>>50584105

Not him, but that one's damn good for an older woman.
>>
>>50584128
They did it here, in a roll20, and on IRC. It's hardly exclusive to one place.
>>
File: 1480905760235.png (81KB, 409x406px) Image search: [Google]
1480905760235.png
81KB, 409x406px
>>50584089
Reflavoring clustered shots+longbow full attack is close enough and operable on more builds and sooner.
I wish it wasn't like that. Why does ranged-SA have to suck ass?
>>
>>50584128
No

just make your own shit, plenty of people who werent in the IRC got in.
>>
Planning on running Iron Gods. Have any of you played through or ran it? Anything I should avoid? Memorable moments?
>>
>>50584166
I know some anons here have. All I know is that the "constructs are objects" thing can fuck with elemental damage or whatever it is.
>>
>>50584193
That was a misunderstanding. Constructs and objects have hardness, but constructs aren't objects. Objects are resistant to energy damage.
>>
File: 1480510136331.png (769KB, 985x808px) Image search: [Google]
1480510136331.png
769KB, 985x808px
>>50584128
Too late now! Don't have regrets, though, instead consider working towards drumming up interest into a similar game or reserving your character in case someone drops out of the current HV campaign!
>>
>>50584166

Iron Gods is an awkward AP to discuss because it does some things very well and does other things very poorly. The campaign has a fun premise with a slow execution, solid themes it doesn't explore nearly enough, and doesn't know what mood it wants to settle on.
>>
File: 1579423.jpg (327KB, 800x1242px) Image search: [Google]
1579423.jpg
327KB, 800x1242px
>>50584154

Is there an interest in artwork for older (or at least, "mature") women either as martials or mages? I won't dump if there isn't any, but I've certainly got some stuff that might inspire anon to make a character with a few years under her belt!
>>
>>50584166
Constructs have Hardness. Elemental damage is not halved like with objects, but it IS reduced by hardness. For book 1 I suggest telling your party to pool money to give their heavy hitter an adamantine weapon. For book 2, have some way of getting ghost touch and see invisibility, or at least glitterdust.
>>
>>50584276

Sorry, all i got is characters with a few pounds under the belt.
>>
>>50583969
What about influences? My druid is heavily influenced, as in concept wise, by the druids from the Witcher 3.
>>
>>50584193
Objects halve energy damage (acid/cold/electrical/fire/sonic) before applying hardness, unless they're particularly vulnerable (like paper to fire, or glass/crystal to sonic most of the time).

Constructs are NOT objects however; they're 'creatures'. They don't halve it, while a chair does. Hardness functions normally however.

So hardness applies first (and unlike DR, continues working against every hit of clustered shots), then elemental attributes (heal/immune/normal/vulnerable) on what gets through the hardness.
>>
>>50584276
I really wouldn't mind a few mage women that don't look like Teenagers, if you have them.
>>
>>50584346

There's nothing wrong with that, there was an anon who made a character heavily inspired by Gregor Clegane, and while it certainly had the hallmarks of the character it wasn't a complete copy.
>>
>>50584357
Wouldn't a vulnerability to the element imply you bypass the hardness?
When would you ever subject energy damage to hardness and /then/ multiply for vulnerability?
>>
>>50583907
Yes. Stealing ideas or even taking the concept is okay - everyone steals ideas whether they admit it or not. But you should be able to do better than merely converting a character into PF rules. Figure out what exactly it is you like about that character and make it yours!
>>
>>50584361

I'll see what I can do!

Quick question, do you mind if some of it is a littlte lewd? I'm not trying to suggest a sexual character, of course, but if the face works, there's always cropping!
>>
I liked the bugs and would politely request more.
>>
>>50584276
Motherly Mages
>>
>>50584377
Yeah, I wouldn't attempt a one for one copy of something else(I'm completely new to TTRPGs), but that seems pretty damn trite. But I thought influence was fine. Thanks.
>>
File: Onryou Kajitisu.jpg (143KB, 1037x1724px) Image search: [Google]
Onryou Kajitisu.jpg
143KB, 1037x1724px
>>50579008
>Onryou
>Shun Goku Satsu

MESUTSU!!

Also Made a few NPCs for her backstory too

Sagacious Aadhandan is her master and is a Hungry Ghost/ qinggong monk.

Millie Gourdo is a fellow student that is a Tetori monk\ Ungermaw gestalt

Quanfindiel "The Cat" is another student she trained with. Croupier | Monk gestalt.
>>
>>50584387
Not at ALL.
Vulnerability implies you take extra damage because that shit fucks you up.

But it makes no sense for the shit that fucks you up to ignore, say, heavy armor plating.

Take a robot for example. They have electrical vulnerability. Makes sense. HOWEVER: those vulnerable electronics can also be found in airplanes, in your car, etc... And you know what's around protecting them?

Insulation.
A hard shell that acts as a faraday cage.
Grounding.

If you ignored hardness then the static from you wearing a sweater would fry parts of your laptop clean through the fucking keyboard. But that's obviously not what happens.

You apply hardness, and then multiply what gets through. You can even have resistance or immunity, but those cannot be internal (a creature can't be immune to their vulnerable element, but they COULD wear a ring or armor or the like that shields them from it first. It's like a white dragon casting circle of protection Fire or a human getting immunity to fucking poison.)
>>
>>50584450
Wouldn't mind some of their husbands either. Especially for mages; so much art for male mages is either edgelord, little girls, or oldass creeps.

Half the time the closest thing to reasonable are some of the Warmahordes warcasters/sorcerers.
>>
>>50584276
I mean, I'm up for more motherly women wielding scythes.
>>
>>50584496
mage couple with young kids would be good
>>
>>50584417
Yeah, I don't mind that.
>>
>>50584276
any good blaster needs himself a cute and solid wife. I approve.
>>
Working on an older character myself now, though she's an aberrant aegis and so will not be a lot of people's waifu material; the current quesiton is 'what will fit best on the other half of the gestalt', assuming I'm going for a natural attacks build.
>>
File: 59871830_p0.jpg (380KB, 900x1273px) Image search: [Google]
59871830_p0.jpg
380KB, 900x1273px
>>50584534
Cute enough for a harvest!
>>
>>50584587
a christmas cake
>>
>>50584534
>>50584511
>>50584450

Here's the album with varying shades of quality, undress and modesty (some of it is obviously NSFW, so be careful around other people!)

http://imgur.com/a/sU7R8
>>
>>50584587

If she's gonna be older than twenty six then she must have massive knockers, and/or wide hips.

Its a rule.
>>
>tfw i'm not even sure anymore if my dumb homebrew thing will work out how i hope it will
>>
File: 1440836492134.jpg (91KB, 600x850px) Image search: [Google]
1440836492134.jpg
91KB, 600x850px
>>50584659

Silly me, forgot to include this one too!

>>50584694

Just keep us posted and we'll tell you what's dumb and what's not.
>>
>>50584635
>>50584664

She's going to be in her mid to late thirties at the youngest.

Also probably a Zealot for the other half, looking at options.
>>
>>50584733
CAKE
OF
CHRISTMAS
>>
>>50584708
i started playing wow again and i decided to try and make my own kind of artifact weapons to give my players instead of doing Mythic or Epic

i made a sample one today and i'm not even sure if it would be fun
>>
>>50584664
... why?
They uh, 'keep' better if they're nice and athletic you know.
>>
>>50584752

This, you save the "padding out" for after they start having kids, and if they never expect to have kids... Well...
>>
>>50584464

So that Cannibal Sumo girl is now an NPC?

This is a sad feel.

>>50584752
This does not prevent them from being massive.
>>
>>50584733
>Also probably a Zealot for the other half, looking at options.

Maybe tell us a little about her? Even if you only have a blurb or three of backstory, that's still a lot more than just "what class is good for this extremely versatile class?"
>>
>>50584766
Some don't, particularly if they stay active.

... I can't believe I'm even saying this, but for the sake of examples...

My cousin's a university swim coach, and even after three kids, she's still built like a rock and looks like early 20s at the most.
>>
>>50584659
Oh man, that sorceress. I'd tip MY hat to her, if you know what I mean.
>>
File: ifyouknowwhatIbean.jpg (16KB, 419x268px) Image search: [Google]
ifyouknowwhatIbean.jpg
16KB, 419x268px
>>50584813
I think we do, anon.

That first elf lady is dressed just the way I like'em.
>>
>>50584786

I'll be honest, I'm building top down this time around; the basic idea is an older woman, kindly sort of woman, probably never had kids or got married; something of a black sheep of whereever she was from (maybe she's a sandpoint native, not sure yet); stays out of the way, bakes pies and cakes for people, and has a protective streak for younger folk a mile wide.
>>
>>50584813
How do we justify skimpy outfits for Sorceresses without going full Life Fibers?
>>
>>50584878
gingerbread witch.
>>
>>50584878

Sounds like the Zealot, also sounds like the Vitalist (which would put her in a unique position of being a notably powerful healer in a campaign with barely any healers.)

>>50584906

Sorceresses are incredibly vain and like to show off? This is especially true if you take the Witcher approach.

The easier thing to say is the artwork outfit is not their actual outfit, but proportions and face are official.
>>
>>50584746
Look up Weapons of Legacy from 3.5
>>
tfw you'll never get to play the busty shopkeeper from that antique place who's taken to adventuring after years of buying and selling artifacts to adventurers.
>>
>>50584813

There's like, three sorceresses in that album.

Don't post it, just give a number.
>>
>>50584906
Their link to magic allows otherworldly terrors an entrypoint to their mind, being sluts helps keep them grounded in earthly pleasures rather than drifting off into pondering the elder gods and stuff.
>>
>>50584964

Why not?

No seriously, what's stopping you? Did you know a Luxury Store (the kind that would sell antiques) only costs 1,030 gp? If we're going off RotJR wealth, that's easily affordable!
>>
>>50584878
Dude, I can't get the interest to do it myself, but make her an Urgathoan. She's NE, so the best you'll get is TN, but Urgathoa is honestly the goddess of that. Gluttony, for stuffing people with food, eternal life, for retaining your curvy figure in old age, she's even big on settling down with your true love, because she thinks hedonism is best when enjoyed with others.
>>
>>50584939
It's /kinda/ like what I was going for, but not entirely.

I'd post an image of a sample weapon but my group post here.
>>
>>50584997
>>50584926

Fund it
>>
>>50584996
I don't have a group so I just GM rather than play.
>>
>>50584997

None of what that anon said fits Urgathoa beyond tangential bits that don't even make sense for the character.

What that anon just described was a woman of Erastil or Shelyn, easily both (and why can't she worship both? Only Divine casters need to dedicate themselves to one deity.)

A woman that wants to protect the young people and, while she's never been married or had kids, dedicate herself to caring for and loving children is basically an exemplar of everything Erastil and Shelyn stand for.

Urgathoa is gluttony and hedonism, both unhealthy traits that might fit her, but might very easily not.
>>
>>50585062
>I don't have a group so I just GM rather than play.

Rise of the Jade Regent is recruiting until January, anon! If you want your shot at playing a busty older shopkeeper desperate for adventure, apply with a character!

Heck, you make her sound like an older version of Ameiko, it would be a perfect parallel!
>>
>>50584906
If you've got it, flaunt it.
That girl's got power and immunity to weaksauce "temperature extremes". She can watch her diet by adjusting the calories in create food/water, and well some might even not be above a bit of alteration magic either.

Women don't just dress like that to attract men. It's also a weapon to use against other women - a sometimes decidedly blunt one. What women show and hide with their clothing is heavily based around this; You hide the imperfections, accentuate your good points, and the more you can show off the *BETTER* you are than that girl in the sweater vest and pants one size too large.

Really, it's just that women took to "dickwaving" so much more than men did that it became a truly elaborate and complex system in comparison. But make no mistake; the emotions and sense of superiority/inferiority involved are no different from when you talk about how high you get your DPR.
>>
>>50585076
If you enjoy something and you do that thing that's hedonism. Yes, normally Urgathoans are all about gross unhealthy hedonism, but a TN Urgathoan can totally sate her need for motherly acts and encourage gluttony in others by cooking up huge meals. As for never having kids or getting married, how does that make sense for an Erastilean or a Shelynite? Erastil is all about settling down, something he shares with Urgathoa, but for him it's all about the kids. Shelyn is all about finding your true love, but she also doesn't care if you settle down, since Shelyn's love is fickle.
>>
File: thatssexy.jpg (128KB, 603x565px) Image search: [Google]
thatssexy.jpg
128KB, 603x565px
>>50584967
Literally the one with the pointy hat.
I don't even like those hats much, but the girl wearing it is clean center of my strike zone.
>>
File: witchgunners.jpg (118KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
witchgunners.jpg
118KB, 1280x720px
How do I witch gun?
>>
>>50585194
Gunsmoke Mystic.
>>
>>50585194
spellslinger wizard or Eldritch Archer magus
>>
>>50584659

>That third to last one

Jesus Christ, that's some busty witch or wizard material if I've ever seen it
>>
Why does Autism Fighter take Devastating Assault? He gets a pretty high save DC, but is it actually worthwhile to give up 3 attacks on a full round to inflict Sickened/Dazed?
>>
>>50585095
Do you have the details? I may take a look.
>>
What is RotJR?
>>
>>50585202
This is casting spells through a gun right? What benefit does that have?

>>50585197
Is there a mystic archetype that changes it's recovery? It always seemed a little jank to me. Also how exactly does Gunsmoke operate?
>>
>>50585278
Return of the Jedi, Remastered edition
>>
>>50585276
>>50585278
https://app.roll20.net/join/1770733/2aujeQ

Rise of the Jade Regent.
Level 3 gestalt, PoW, SoP, 25 PB, some other stuff like a few Gonzo 2 classes included. First book of Rise of the Runelords (Burnt Offerings) into Jade Regent. Applications open in January, some amount of lewdness is expected.
>>
>>50585284
spellslinger increases the DCs based on the gun's enhancement bonuses as well as gives them bonuses to hit

Eldritch Archer may use them as part of a full attack routine.
>>
>>50585178

Hedonism is by it's very nature self-indulgence, a TN hedonist would encourage feasts every week and be known as the "easy girl," but they wouldn't be as unnatural about it as the evil ones sure. Calling Urgathoa a healthy hedonist is like saying Calistria's an example of a healthy sex goddess or Cayden Cailean is someone the average man should aspire to emulate in drinking.

You also bring up a lot about Urgathoa encouraging someone to find a good man or woman to settle down with, well sorry to say this but the woman we're talking about has not and doesn't seem interested in settling down (unless she finds a husbando in the campaign, of course.) This would tell us she cares more about radiating love for others and caring for the community, which are PILLARS of Shelyn and Erastil's teachings. Erastil canonically only cares about people who nurture and support their communities (after all, he supports adoption and homosexuality,) he would encourage her finding a man but wouldn't force it. Shelyn on the other hand is entirely about finding a thing you love and doing it, or immersing yourself in the love of others and giving it in equal measure. This woman loves children, the purest love Shelyn supports, and her being single matters not because she's not without love or affection. She will (likely) find a man on her journeys, and I doubt Shelyn will frown on a 39 year old falling in love because she can't make babies!

Which makes me conclude on something I already said; unless she's a divine caster, she does not need to be a pure adherent to a single faith; my character for example prays to Abadar for wealth, Gozreh for clear skies and Shelyn for love. He does not need to be an adherent to one god because the gods are a background part of his life.
>>
>>50585284
>>50585309

Spellslinger is an okay dip for Sorc or Witch to get more DCs, but it's thoroughly awful as a wizard.
>>
>>50585309
>>50585343
I've heard of some spellslinger 1-2 / EA magus x build. Is this actually viable or is it a /pfg/ meme?
>>
>>50585343
Spellslinger is fine as a Wizard

'OH NO ITS NOT ABLE TO BE AS STRONG AS THE BASE WIZARD' is still a fucking insane class.
>>
>>50585382
its perfectly viable to dip one level of spellslinger.
>>
>>50585389
How would that compare to a gunsmoke mystic?
>>
>>50585400
its almost impossible to compare them because gunsmoke mystic is a full initiator class with lots of supporty team functions
>>
>>50585300
How do you figure one can make an LG knightly type, borderline shonen hero, into something with lewd potential?
I'm currently brainstorming ways to make bard spells lewd beyond Waves of Ecstasy
>>
>>50585300
I think I understand most of those abbreviations. But what is SoP?
>>
>>50585457
Spheres of Power. Mostly great magic system.
>>
>>50585417
Well, what about in damage then or would a GS mystic blow the EA magus out of the water there too?
>>
>>50585453

Chosen One of Lymnieris or Arshea?
>>
>>50585384
Well, yes. Any full caster is "woah", but the penalties Spellslinger take not only make it strictly worse than the base Wizard, they also conflict with the way the archetype is meant to play as per its flavor.
>>
>>50585522

>they also conflict with the way the archetype is meant to play as per its flavor

The flavor of the archetype is you're a blaster with a laser gun shooting people pew pew pew boom
>>
>>50585487
Well for damage sure. I mean, it's an initiator vs a caster's blaster-archetype.

Although 'standard' mystic abilities lend themselves heavily to using strikes which tends to mean single hits; the spellslinger can beat those often enough, but if you just boost and full attack instead you'll easily leave the spellslinger in the dust. You're abandoning a lot of your abilities to do so though, like the glyphs, since your actions get eaten up.
>>
>>50585453

Mechanically lewd is very different from narratively lewd, which is significantly more important.
>>
>>50585469
I'm guessing PCGen doesn't really support all the 3pp stuff, is there anything similar that does?
>>
>>50585521
Kinda feel like I don't want to be that blatant about it--any thoughts on lending someone more mainstream (Iomedae, Torag, maybe Erastil) a bit of potential? I can imagine some holy text having a few chapters that are related to love and being "enthusiastic" in your marriage, but any other suggestions?
>>
>>50585585
How do i deal with ammunition for each of the two. Do i just animus reload for the mystic? Am I boned on the spellslinger/magus? are normal bullets really 11g per shot for the powder and bullet?
>>
>>50582770
Thanks to swarm druid I can build squirrel girl now.
Only thing I have to do is racial heritage ratfolk and suddenly squirrel eared girl without stupid -2 str class
>>
>>50585453
Take your favorite "easily-flustered knight girl" (Darkness, Saber, Monmusu's Centorea, etc.) and rule 63 that shit. Has had a lot of time to think about and grapple with their desires, maybe a little repressed, actually has dirtier ideas than most, and with the right opportunity for an outlet, could surprise his partners.
>>
>>50585630
Prices change based on the game's gunsettings.

Also, the gunsmithing feat lets you craft bullets at an extra discount. I think its a tenth the price for shot and powder?
>>
>>50585711
Easily flustered centaur guy is too lewd.
>>
>>50585630
Animus Reload, while doable, means that you won't be able to do much more than just doing that. There are other tricks Gunsmoke Mystics need Animus for and as you go further down the line there are certain abilities that require more Animus than you can generate. Spending actual bullets for shooting and initiating just gives you more Animus to use later.

Spellslingers, on the other hand, can only go down. Either you spend bullets or spend spells, though you get more abilities to your guns. Also, you need to spend a feat for Rapid Reload.
>>
>>50585764
>abundant ammunition
>>
>>50585453
Visit brothels. Hit on barmaids. Be truthful and honest about what you want, use protection where available.

But treat it all as training--you're expecting to settle down and marry, so you need to be able to have enough experience to please the waifu. Go at it with all the enthusiasm and drive any shonen hero would when learning a new technique or training for the tournament arc.
>>
>>50585630
Animus Reload is fine for strike usage (since one shot most of the time) and at the earliest earliest levels the phantom ammo solar wind stance will do the trick to keep your money safe.

Now, depending on what you want to do, there are several options available to you.

Keep in mind gunsmithing does lower the cost to 1.1g each.

First, you could use the above. Later on Energy (+12k not the +X enchantment) psi-enchant obliviates the need for ammunition, that's a start. Abundant Ammunition on a container is also good, but it can be argued that the black powder or metal(being 'alchemical') cartridges are unavailable this way so do make sure where you stand with the GM beforehand.

Beyond that it mainly comes down to what you're willing to do... dip-wise. Spellslingers should be able to use Fabricate eventually however.

If I know what 3pp you have access to and how deep you're willing to go down the rabbit hole, I can be more specific, but needless to say, SoP, PoW, and potentially even the porphyra or forest's spellburst materials are all involved. As can some 3.5 homebrew or legendary games even.
>>
>>50585763

It's actually perfect for a campaign like this, and that's me talking as someone that would rather not get... Huh, What are the dice sizes on Centaur, same as half-giants?
>>
>>50585849
spellslingers literally have access to Fabricate Bullets at level 1 http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/f/fabricate-bullets
>>
>>50585777

Nigga are you suggesting he should have special sex positions or types of vaginal assault he loudly announces before initiating?
>>
>>50585887
What's that, 2d12? I think it should be 1d12 + Con, not just the modifier.

So what sort of class sounds good for an old shopkeeper? I like the thought of something that'd help her use the artefacts she's decided to bring along with her, despite probably not knowing what half of them do. It almost sounds like alchemist but not really.
>>
>>50584011
No, that would be Phil Foglio.
>>
>>50585890
Problem is, you need to buy the lead, and it only creates the bullets.

Not the powder.

Which is the most expensive part.

So, it's eventually decent, but at level 1 it's rather restrictive.
>>
>>50585980
easy way around that is to make a cartridge for an advanced firearms. they're still bullets, they just don't come with the powder separate.

spellslinger can easily get an advanced firearm for free as their bonded weapon.
>>
>>50585980
which is why you make one bullet and cast abundant ammo instead
>>
>>50585912
Maybe not, but I'm going to start thinking of a few.
>>
File: dairaioh-01.jpg (219KB, 1000x825px) Image search: [Google]
dairaioh-01.jpg
219KB, 1000x825px
>>50585912
"CHOU HISSATSU! VIOLENT, SEMEN, INFERRRNOOOOOOO!"
>>
>>50585965

Bard, probably! Something with Charisma and Intelligence as the focus.

Or do what Casimir did, and make one side her old profession and her other side the new.

2d12+con sounds too small for a Centaur, I'd say 4d6+2+con.
>>
>>50586033
>not even the best DGG

ITS SHIT
>>
Spellslinger only needs ammo for Named Bullet anyway
>>
>>50586017
wait, nevermind, I'm thinking of the normal arcane bond. wow, Spellslinger is such a pile of shit; it doesn't een get a bonded weapon.

why would anybody go for it over Eldritch Archer?
>>
>>50586017
>You convert 1 pound of lead into bullets. When you cast this spell, you decide whether you create normal sling bullets, firearm bullets, or firearm pellets. The spell creates two sling bullets, 30 firearm bullets, or 10 uses of pellets.

Literally does not work. You cannot make metal cartridges with Fabricate Bullets.

>>50586019
Problem with that - while it does help - is that you need to make it permanent before it properly saves your ass; don't forget it's a standard action and lasts a minute per caster level. You can't just do it at the beginning of the day; what you really want that spell for is enchanting something once you've got a couple of thousand (level 3-4 should do it, it's just an issue at 1st.)
>>
>>50586074
9th level spells
>>
>>50586074

A) It's like 5 years older than Eldritch Archer
B) It does a completely different thing: granting x3 criticals and enhancement bonuses to touch attack spells/DCs
>>
>>50586074
x3 spell crits hit fucking hard anon

on a maximized disintegrate thats 720 damage :D
>>
Alright, I know you guys have some experience looking at the new Horror options.
Tell me, what are good options, such and archetypes and feats, for playing a character who has "seen some shit" and experienced some horrible eldritch stuff in their past, and has been marked by the encounter in some way.

Basically, I need options for someone who was SAN Loss'd/Squad Broken, and got features from it.

Full BAB options prefferred, but other ones are welcome too.

Pic only tangentially related
>>
>>50585849
The thing is, the more I look at gunsmoke, the more fiddly the whole thing feels. Maneuvers (that crazy recovery), glyphs, full attacking, misfires and moving seem like a nightmare to get to all work together and then there's animus which I need for gylphs, augments to E. Flux and the normal stuff, reloading and misfires.

Looking at the whole thing just makes me want to play a warsoul psyarm instead.
>>
>>50586100
>>50586101
I'll grant the crit thing, but why is it being older than Eldritch Archer relevant?
>>
File: Trombe.jpg (93KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
Trombe.jpg
93KB, 400x500px
>>50586055
You just like Daizengar because it and the Aussenseiter have an ambiguously gay combo
>>
>>50586122
>ambiguously gay

what are you some kind of faggot?
>>
>>50586131
OP isn't the only faggot in here.
>>
File: 1479355686948.jpg (2MB, 5026x3263px) Image search: [Google]
1479355686948.jpg
2MB, 5026x3263px
>>50586103
You gazed into the abyss, and now it pays rent.
>>
>>50586043
I'd honestly say 1d12+14+Con
>>
>tfw the only DM in our group that allows 3PP stuff is getting sick of the other two
they shut down ANYTHING they label as power creep and always back each other up on it
i'm hoping the chill DM just breaks off and takes some people to make a new group
>>
>>50586157
New thread since page 9
>>
Rolled 2 + 14 (1d12 + 14)

>>50586158

Checking to see how a current character of mine would turn out.
>>
File: BM303-Vegalta-Standard.png (124KB, 400x291px) Image search: [Google]
BM303-Vegalta-Standard.png
124KB, 400x291px
>>50586114
If you're going to warsoul and wanted guns, don't do psyarmory. Use Discipline Weapon Shapes.

That is literally one of the solutions in my list for "the ammo problem" (also the "guns are fuck expensive" problem).

The call-weapon type Sleeping Goddess or at least certain Psy-Warriors can also do it.

As can the Armorist in SoP, but then, you're playing an Armorist, which is... well, it's 3.5 soulknife bad.

Gunslingers of Porphyra has a recent alternative that's very Mystic-Like but much more functional overall in the form of the Elemental Gun. It's a kineticist gunslinger, that does full-upgrade shit like "you lose deadeye deed in exchange for picking a simple energy blast and it being your damage type for your now infinite gun ammo" and can swap out the shit infusions (literally by your choice) for substance infusions. They even get infusion specialization just a bit more slowly than kineticists. I had several questions for NJolly about the archetype's functions in multi/gestalt scenarios actually but he/she hasn't been on in a few days.

Finally the Spellburst Savant can fill the guns up with starburst motes instead of bullets, also doing the job quite well at that.
>>
>>50586131
It was a reference to the ambiguously gay duo.
Uh, the SNL bit, not, you know, 60s batman and robin... though some of the shots do look awful similar....
>>
>>50586151
hey, she don't look half bad...
>>
>>50586151
Not quite what I had in mind
>>
"Dice 2d6"
Thread posts: 464
Thread images: 78

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.