[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Winter Festivities

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Christmas D&D.png (490KB, 488x484px) Image search: [Google]
Christmas D&D.png
490KB, 488x484px
Let's get in the spirit of the holidays, /tg/! Christmas, Hanukkah, whatever holidays you celebrate, I don't give a shit. Just make it /tg/ and make it fun!

>tell us about how That Guy drank all the eggnog and then wouldn't stop farting
>regale us with tales of your awesome GM's adventure wherein the party had to rescue, fight, or evade capture by Santa Claus
>post funny holiday-themed miniatures and art
>tell me what your FLGS does for the holidays

Tis the season to be jolly, /tg/. So let's be jolly.
>>
>>50570587

spent a few hundred dollars on warhammer shit for my buds.
>>
>>50570622
A few hundred dollars? Given GW's prices, that's what, like six models total?

Kidding. That's really cool of you, anon.
>>
>>50570587
>>tell us about how That Guy drank all the eggnog and then wouldn't stop farting
Don't have any stories, you need to go to parties and shit for that and I'm a shutin.

>>regale us with tales of your awesome GM's adventure wherein the party had to rescue, fight, or evade capture by Santa Claus
I had a few players not able to make a session, so I ran a mini-adventure called Commoners Save Christmas instead of normal session. It involved Christmas Hobgoblins, a Hearty Woodsman, flying reindeer, Flizz Blastwick, and The Wizard. 'Twas a good time.

>>post funny holiday-themed miniatures and art
Again, n/a.

>>tell me what your FLGS does for the holidays
Weirdly, though my FLGS is fucking sweet (shout out to the Guardtower) they don't really celebrate the holidays at all. Basically, they put a wreath on the door and call it a day.
>>
>>50570654

start collecting boxes all around. Not much, but one guy had a new army he wanted to start, and the other is still getting started so it was good bang for the buck. Then i grabbed big flier for last guy i had ulterior motive for that though, i just want the satisfaction of shooting it down with Icarus array.
>>
I'm trying to convince my flgs to do a secret Santa or something. I like giving, but my budget doesn't always allow it, so it's nice to have an excuse to see happy faces in the store.

[Spoiler]I'm also moving away before Christmas so I may not even get to see said happy faces. I just want to do something nice for my friends.[/spoiler]
>>
Time not spend with family will be spent with Omnissiah. Machines don't have holidays, so neither do their caretakers.
>>
Ok so this is the holiday side quest I ran for my group last year.

It starts out with them arriving in a fairly large city after just escaping a prison, with the city busily getting ready for their yearly Winter Festival in just a few short days. After asking around for some work, the group is pointed towards the city councilmen who is in charge of setting up the festival. He tells the group that the great Father Winter who normally arrives in town with toys for all the children hasn't shown up yet and he fears the worst for him. There are rumors of yeti attacks getting worse in the region (this was foreshadowed for the group a few times before). He wants the group to head out into the woods to where to Father Winter's cabin and make sure he's ok. Sounds super generic, right? Pretty much the whole group is rolling their eyes right now at saving Santa from the yetis.

So off the party heads. They travel north into the snowy woods (I had some great snowy ambiance music for this, complete with that sound of hiking through snow. It was sooo good). They fight a yeti along the way, and also run into some hungry wolves.

Eventually they arrive at a cozy little cabin nestled in the forest, with a large red sleigh and a reindeer in the stable. They promptly knock on the door and ask if this is Father Winter's cabin. They are met back with the gruff voice of a dwarf telling them that if they are from the town looking for toys, then to fuck off.

Turns out, Father Winter is nothing more than a surly dwarf living alone in the woods, with a pension for wood carving. After speaking with him, the group discovers this whole thing started when he brought a few toys he randomly made to town with him on a supply run, and gave them out to a few children. The townsfolk were so gracious they treated him like a king! All the food and booze and he handle for a few days, as well as some private time with some of the very appreciative single mothers of town...

Part 1/2.
>>
>>50570838

Part 2/2

And so it went on like this for a few years. He'd make toys in his spare time every year, bring them in during the festival, and be treated like a king for a few days. But the townsfolk started to become more and more demanding, the simple toys he was making weren't enough. He started getting dozens of letters asking for elaborate toy. And worst of all, he wasn't being appreciated for any of it. So he had had enough. He said he wasn't doing it this year.

The part managed to eventually convince him to bring a few toys he had laying around, and they'd make sure he got paid handsomely for it, at the very least. But first they'd have to deal with the rampant yeti problem.

I'll cut to the chase, as the yetis were the most boring part. They were directed to a cave where the yetis had been congregating (a thing which was unheard of for yetis to do). They found an evil sorcerer had been controlling them using a magic amulet that had been created from the Forge of Spells (this was a post LMoP campaign, the group lost to the Black Spider in the final fight and were taken to his hidden prison for torture). This event set them back on their path to find the Black Spider and repay him in kind for besting them before.

But not before I let their characters have a few great days of partying for the Winter Festival.

Overall it was a super simple quest, but the group loved the twist of "Father Winter" actually being a dick and not Santa at all
>>
>>50570587
>>tell us about how That Guy drank all the eggnog and then wouldn't stop farting
>that feel when you are that guy because nobody else likes eggnog.
>>
File: 1464727416491.png (381KB, 986x553px) Image search: [Google]
1464727416491.png
381KB, 986x553px
>>50570587
If anyone has created a setting, what does the races of your setting do for celebration? Do they have any holidays or festivals similar to Christmas? What myths, stories, and legendary figures correlate to Christmas in your world?
>>
>>50574153

Well in one of my settings they have celebrations of the winter solstice, but it's not exactly Christmas honestly.

In the other winter is spent cowering in fear, so if they are celebrating anything, its that they aren't dead yet.
>>
>>50574180
>In the other winter is spent cowering in fear, so if they are celebrating anything, its that they aren't dead yet
Splain it?
>>
>>50574197

Nothing novel really, you've probably heard similar things before, but i'll explain.

Winter is a time of death. The days grow short and the nights grow long and monsters move in the darkness. Terrible creatures awake and ascend from barrow and cavern to stalk the land and fatten up before they again hibernate come spring.

Basically i made a bunch of monsters in my setting that only come out during the winter. It's cold. It's dark (this is pretty damn important. people fear the dark, and it lets monsters hide). You have to hope you have enough food cause you aren't gonna find anymore than you have, and if you hear something shuffling around outside your hovel you climb under your bed and start praying to whichever god you believe in for deliverance.

If you must leave your homes you do it in as large a group as possible, as well armed as possible, and with as many torches as possible.

Inevitably at least one or two of your number will disappear before you reach your destination (this bit i based of Yanamamo and Jaguars. Jaguars scare them shitless. The reason being is if five guys go out to hunt even odds are only four guys come back, and they never saw the jag take the fifth guy. they just turned around and he was gone. to the yanamamo there is nothing more terrifying than a jaguar and i wanted to try and capture that) so no one wants to be at the back of the group.

when winter comes around in this setting the pc's generally hunker down at a townstead and spend the season protecting the locals.

A major and common quest in the setting is to try and hunt down the monsters during the spring or summer as they slumber.
>>
>>50570587
I think I'm going to write a christmas playset for Fiasco.
>>
File: Merry Dorfmas.png (245KB, 589x360px) Image search: [Google]
Merry Dorfmas.png
245KB, 589x360px
I'll spend this Christmas ignoring my family, trying to organize a game on Skype. After all, we can't manage to get together for months on end because we're all too busy even when we're in the same city and 3/5 work together, surely the holidays is full of free time?
>>
>>50570587
I'm currently writing a short campaign where the antagonist is a Lich, Lich Nicholi, who occasionally speakes in rhymes (in the style of the Grinch stole Christmas).
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.