[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adventure Hooks for Dark Sun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: God I Love This Setting.jpg (189KB, 740x360px) Image search: [Google]
God I Love This Setting.jpg
189KB, 740x360px
I'm going to be running a Dark Sun campaign soon (in 2nd edition), and I'm having some trouble with figuring out what kind of things I could give them to do. Figured I may as well ask /tg/ what they think about it.

So what kind of adventures can y'all think of for Dark Sun?

(Even though it's 2nd edition, I'm not posting this in /osrg/ in hopes of getting a wider range of opinion on this)
>>
OP again,

I forgot to mention that I'm using the original setting, not the stuff after Kalak died.
>>
>>50568832

Easiest thing to do in DSun is to start them off as slaves on some sort of expedition, and toss them opportunities to rebel and/or escape.

This provides itself with further opportunities as their former master might want to track them down and pay them back for their little act of rebellion.

Sadly, my only real exposure to the setting is Shattered Lands and Wake of the Ravager, but that's simple enough. Hell, you could probably copy and expand on Shattered lands and it'd be awesome.
>>
>>50568975
I'll be sure and give Shattered Lands a look. I like the idea of escape from slavery as a start a lot, would help them get used to the slavery dynamic of the setting (none of them have played in it before).
>>
>>50569052

You can get it for free here (I think, it's been a while)

http://www.myabandonware.com/game/dark-sun-shattered-lands-318

It's a pretty good game, for an old as fuck CRPG.

Just be warned: the end end fight is a MASSIVE spike in difficulty.
>>
>>50569083
So aside from what I could take from Shattered Lands, any ideas for what to do in terms of what comes after the escape inevitably happens?

I dunno if Dark Sun has a lot of the old "ancient ruins full of cool stuff" going for it like your average fantasy setting, or how a pack of obvious ex-slaves (since slaves are branded or marked to identify them) can do much in terms of civilized interaction in the cities.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.