[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In many RPGs, chaos is the big bad thing that turns you into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: ordnung.jpg (61KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
ordnung.jpg
61KB, 400x266px
In many RPGs, chaos is the big bad thing that turns you into mindless beast.

But how come order is always a good thing never a big bad thing that turns you into mindless automaton?
>>
>>50568286
>But how come order is always a good thing
order being a not as good as it seems is a cliche older than you are
>>
>>50568286
Refusing to listen to your pulsions makes you emotionless rather than mindless.
Also, even in Moorcock's works, order wasn't all flowers and sunshine. Neither is it in 40k.
Not to mention settings where the system is bad, like Dredd or any cyberpunk rpg.

Ps: I suggest you read some Durkheim on how societies progress towards complexification and order.
Order is a natural thing, despite what edgelords say.
>>
>>50568286
Because order IS always a good thing. Chaos leads to the disruption of power and the loss of law, which in turn leads to anarchy. None of these are a good thing.
>>
>>50569989
Found the statist.

Chaos and order are both troublesome in the extremes, a happy society requires a flexible balance between the two.
>>
>>50570025
No, a happy society requires obedience and order from all of its citizens, no exceptions. If we are easy on those that break the law and succumb to chaos, our governments would collapse.
>>
>>50570050
Go home Kublai Kahn. You have an empire to run.
>>
>>50568286
First of all, this is false.

Second, fantasy and to a lesser degree sci-fi are genres based on legend and mythology. The theme of those legends and mythology depended highly on the ideology of the ruling classes, who modified it directly or indirectly every time they could. Order is always good for those who benefit from the statu quo.
>>
File: 01elf.jpg (240KB, 1094x800px) Image search: [Google]
01elf.jpg
240KB, 1094x800px
I generally avoid saying one is better than the other, but I do have my preferences. I particularly feel more comfortable as a free, capricious spirit that follows its dreams and ambitions like a fleeting gust of wind.

I COULD spend my days enraptured in endless orgies, shared intravenous drug use and smashing innocent maidens skulls while raping them, but I'd probably get bored and rather than become desperate to find a more extreme high form of random, nasty shit, I would rather use my freedom of mind and soul to turn my pursuits to something else more edifying and constructive. Being chaotic means having the disposition to make YOURSELF a better person, instead of making yourself a better cell/fragment in benefit of your hive.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.