[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Two Hours Wargames

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

I was looking for solo games and those looks great.
I plan to test 5150 Fighter Command and Machinas (if i can find the pdf)

Any experience with these type of games?

Also solo games general i guess.
>>
>>50566970
>solo wargame
How does it work? Cards?
>>
>>50567192

Enemies behave according to rules. (Two Hour Wargames is excellent at design, too.)

I've been meaning to give their All Things Zombie a try, the rules for building and defending your base look fun.
>>
Bump. Somebody out there has played one of these.
>>
>>50566970

I have no experience with those two, but I played some RRtK and WHAA back when.

I was mostly looking for a mass-combat ruleset - something where THW's hasn't had much success - but the one warband campaign of WHAA I played was quite fun, and I was thinking about having another go at it.

Even though the actual rules were not what I had in mind for large scale actions (too much like DBA - which I also dropped) - they work great for skirmishes.

Also, their campaign system, and pre-battle setup is the best, and I'm using it for all my (solo) battles.

Expect a lot of chaos and uncertainty.

Other than that, I don't really know what you're after, so I can't be more specific.
>>
>>50567320

>Enemies behave according to rules.
>Two Hour Wargames is excellent at design

Aaand now people think THW is a boring, predictable shit instead of glorious, unpredictable RNG chaos.

Thanks. [/sarcasm]
>>
>>50573705

Yeah, I should have explained it better, but I was in a hurry.
I really don't want to be held responsible for anons jumping to dumb conclusions though
>>
>>50573816

Well, I'm sorry to have to break it to ya, anon, but ... you just did get held responsible, that is.

And, let's be honest, it wasn't exactly such a dumb conclusion, either - I've seen plenty of systems where the rules go: "If X happens, this side will always do Y."

Of course, some of those are logical (i.e. if you walk out in front of enemy MG, it will open fire on your dumb ass) - but still predictable.

IMHO, it's the very unpredictability that keeps the people out of THW altogether.
It's like: "What? My troops diving for cover? Heresy!"

Actually, now that I think about it, it could be best described as "A system that'd make a Commissar empty his clip."
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.