[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 363
Thread images: 81

File: awooo wizard.png (7MB, 2560x3620px) Image search: [Google]
awooo wizard.png
7MB, 2560x3620px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

If you ban Emergency Force Sphere and Sacred Geometry, are wizards balanced with tier 3s and initiators from levels 1-8?

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Broken Shackles Playtest: https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play
Creation Handbook Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit#
Avowed Playtest: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Vampire Hunter D Setting Supplement: https://www.dropbox.com/s/onnk3oskhbc5aos/Vampire%20Hunter%20D%20Pathfinder%20Supplement.pdf?dl=0

Old Thread: >>50559785
>>
>>50566395
Fuck your shitpost argument bait op

TELL ME ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER PEE EFF GEE
>>
Due to general lack of interest can I request the Broken Shackles test play be removed?
>>
Does anyone have a link to the Villains Codex or Strange Aeons 3?
>>
>>50566395
Please don't conjure naked flames near valuable tomes.
>>
>>50566417
i got two

i play literally the lewdest paladin ever conceived and a pretty much asexual kuthite

which one do you wanna hear about?
>>
>>50566417
Wait, you're going to whine at argument bait rather than animu fluffy tail? Holy shit, we're improving.
>>
I feel like this has been answered before, but can a Magus who already has an Arcane Bond from their archetype but doesn't have the Bladebound text banning Familiars take the Familiar Arcana?
>>
>>50566395
>If you ban Emergency Force Sphere and Sacred Geometry, are wizards balanced with tier 3s and initiators from levels 1-8?
I actually have a ban list of spells I keep, spells I consider to powerful and warp the game.

This is a mix of spells I ban completely, such as long range teleportation, and spells that I change, like invisibility.

Invisibility is one I always point to as an example of a spell that severely impairs another character's roll. In its case I reduce it in several ways. The bonus to stealth is not +20/40, instead +10/20. As well as changing them to semi-translucent and passed perception checks making you not flat-footed against them.

While +10 is still strong it does not shore up the gap between those who have invested and those who have not at anything but low levels.

At level 3 a rogue can be expected to have +12-16 in stealth, thus still outclassing an invisible wizard who will have +10-12.

Long range teleportation I put in a group of "Campaign Warping" spells, some others include Contact Other Plane, Commune, and Blood Money. Long range teleportation invalidates travel to a large degree.

So on a whole? I reduce down the spell list.

Though that's only how I run it with people I don't normally GM for. For my buddies? I just say "fuck it what ever" a good deal of the time.
>>
>>50566417
>TELL ME ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER PEE EFF GEE
I am actually soon going to commission a big group portrait of PCs from a 3 year long campaign that went from level 5 to 17 and is now approaching the last legs of the adventure.

I also considered including important NPCs, but things would get really expensive.

Right now the PC list looks like this:
Locust, Croc, Andromeda, Krik'nak, Ardovan, Rovas, Esma, June, Dr. Dolor. Ralph, Exard, Bookreader, 00Dwarf, Talon, Melkezident, John
>>
>>50566495
you can usually only have 1 arcane bond

ask your DM
>>
With only Paizo materials (no 3PP), what's the most broken lvl 5 character I can make?
>>
>>50566418
as the person who almost joined with gunslinger then disappeared it turned out the class didn't look that much fun to play at low levels, or at least, not fun enough to be worth putting up with shitty 1pp gun rules without even any advanced firearms
>>
>>50566588
why are you even asking this kind of question
>>
>>50566417
I'm rolling a Cleric of Desunyaa so my Iron God players aren't completely fucked in the magic department.
>>
Does your character have an insert/theme song?

Bonus points if you use a SRW song
>>
>>50566617
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8hzJpeRLG0
>>
>>50566591
I can understand that. It can be disheartening to play a martial when you're using to PoW.
>>
So, in the last thread I asked about character backstories and then said I'd post what I wrote if interested. Some one was, so now you must be subject to my mediocre writing:

>Born in a small town just outside of a larger city, Owallyn had some difficulty getting along with his peers. His father(Gerard) was a mortician and his mother(Tilda) a midwife(they joked how she saw people in, he saw people out). The father had been studying medicine in the city of Arkham before leaving the school in haste due to his association with a fellow student, Herbert of the West(accused of necromancy). He ended up in the small town of Ply, where he met his wife and Owallyn's mother. The mother had lived all her life in Ply and followed in the same steps as her mother, and her grandmother, and so on. In addition to his mortuary service, Gerard acted as a coroner for the town guard and would drag Owallyn along sometimes, in hope the boy would pursue a similar field.

>Instead, Owallyn frequented the forest just outside of Ply, and became acquainted with an old druid named Liet. The latter saw that the former had somewhat of a knack for nature and took him under his wing, after discussing the matter with his parents. Liet instructed Owallyn in various disciplines common to druids, as well as teaching him both Elven and Sylvan(his father, and academic himself, was pleased with this). The pupil progressed quickly, aiding his teacher in the studies of the natural world and the intelligent races place in it. Both Liet and his parents pressed upon Liet a pragmatic outlook, and the boy was practical as possible. The druid repeatedly reinforced a simple edict that Owallyn lives to to this day: "In the quest of understanding and preserving life, the most important life to preserve is one's own."
>>
>>50566588
Wizard, use your 1 3rd level spell slot to cast Fly. Fly directly up until the spell ends and you will have become the most broken character as you hit the ground.
>>
File: serqet.png (203KB, 388x512px) Image search: [Google]
serqet.png
203KB, 388x512px
How do I make this work?
>>
>>50566395
>7.2 MB .png
What fucking for?!
>>
>>50566721
Whip and constant supervision?
>>
>>50566696
>At the age of 20, Owallyn made a bond with his first animal companion. A leopard named Kelsilumni. This relationship however, was short-lived. Shortly after setting out(Liet imparting on him the importance of a druid to see the world), both Owallyn and Kelsilumni were betrayed by a fellow traveller they met on the road, and the leopard was killed defending Owallyn. He managed to escape, but ultimately blamed himself and was quite a bit more suspicious of strangers and their motives.

>After some years, Owallyn semi-settled down in forest near a small village and found a new animal companion. Initially treated with distrust, he managed to gain a certain amount of respect from the villagers because of his knowledge of the forest. Eventually, they also sought his aid in treating their livestock(and their own sick, in extremis) and he managed to persuade them to change some of their habits when it came to hunting(to go after only larger, older animals such as deer with at least 4 point antlers or very large doe).

>>Characteristics:
>Mostly pragmatic and practical, rather direct.
>Would prefer to study and continue his notes on the natural world than interact with most people.
>Has a great amount of disdain for wilfull ignorance. Simple villagers have some excuses to not know better, but not people of education and means.

>Quirks:
>Will sometimes try and study things/take notes at inopportune times.
>Dislikes wearing footwear, often going barefoot when possible. Moccasins or something similar when it's not.
>>
File: confusion then realization.gif (2MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
confusion then realization.gif
2MB, 350x197px
>>50566716
>>
>>50566417
Leopard Catfolk[/Spoiler] Primal Disciple with two axes. He's loyal, polite and friendly on the one hand, but vindictive and has a hard time forgiving people who wronged him.

He and a childhood friend were in an adventuring party when they were younger, but were wiped by an ambush. After that childhood friend turned to alcholism and being a douchebag so they broke up their friendship. Now the childhood friend turned up as one of the main villains' commanders and my char is eager to see why.
>>
>>50566478

A big boast, comrade. Proof must be presented if your claim of absolute lewdness is to be believed.
>>
File: 1480707554952.jpg (43KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1480707554952.jpg
43KB, 600x600px
>>50566899
Whelp, formatting. It's case-sensitive I presume?
>>
>>50566943
Just use ctrl-s and it puts in spoiler tags for you.

Clover USED to have a button to do it, but fucked if I know where it's gone to in the newer version.
>>
>>50566969
Thanks based anon.
>>
File: 1451762938471.png (366KB, 668x947px) Image search: [Google]
1451762938471.png
366KB, 668x947px
Earlier, my 5th-level wizard spent 5 days of downtime working as a civic spellcaster and a sage during the day, as a barmaid in a high-end inn by night, and scribing spells the rest of the time.

They earned 400 gp and a Ring of Protection +1 for the first job, and 99 gp for the second job.

Did they make a good living?
>>
File: Chaika Grapes.gif (4MB, 294x524px) Image search: [Google]
Chaika Grapes.gif
4MB, 294x524px
>>50566417
She's very temperamental tiefling who is constantly getting harassed by another party member, and she never makes good decisions despite being the smartest person in the group. Her accomplishments so far include: Disarming volatile explosive devices while high as a kite, spending nearly a full minute getting tasered by a will-o-wisp before her ally could kill it, and declaring to a priestess that her god was fake and gay and that she was gonna murder it to prove her point.

Iron gods is fun.

Physically, she's got some vestigial wings that'll be turning into real ones, a fluffy prehensile tail and something that probably won't come up during a real session.
>>
File: dumbdumbdumb.png (348KB, 769x670px) Image search: [Google]
dumbdumbdumb.png
348KB, 769x670px
>>50566999
It's a dick isn't it?
>>
>>50567068

90% of female tieflings have one.

100% of female tieflings with dragon bits have 2!
>>
>>50566913
She was born with a penis due to some sort of divine prank from a deity (she insists it's work of Arshea but there's also acute evidence that she might've gotten accidental wafts of Lamashtu airs.) Because of that, parents assume the baby's bad news and immediately hand her over towards the Iomedaen church in hopes of redemption.

Due to the nature of the church she works mostly with other women all whilst harboring this odd curse, which constantly pangs for attention and gives her an incredibly increased libido. Rumors come up of her alluring girls whom come to church and laying with them spread. Because of this she's forced to promise chastity towards her master for paladin's training, at least whilst she remains in the city's walls.

Paladin training goes as planned after that, only at graduation day, still worried of her potential rapacious nature, has her armor's crotchplate engraved with a devil's face. To warn others and remind her to stay vigilant of her urges.

Unfortunately this doesn't really work, and within the first days of the campaign she's already slept with a bandit, is harboring a slime for self-relief and seeks to mate with the kobold tribe they've just encountered.

At least her party's somewhat free of her influence though.
>>
>>50566417

Drow noble Psychic searcher lore oracle/ Insinuator antipaladin gestalt who has started to graft lots of metal into his body wolverine style to justify switching over to automatic gear progression through upgrades. Has a penchant for being nerdier than fuck and having very overdramatic emotional outbursts. Also has a pet hellhound.
>>
File: DunMesh Elf Ears.jpg (20KB, 220x315px) Image search: [Google]
DunMesh Elf Ears.jpg
20KB, 220x315px
>>50567068
>>50567116
>been playing character for months now

and if it is?
>>
>>50567149
implying half the party isn't trying to get on that +2 holy avenger
>>
>tfw you'll never be able to have lewd characters because of your group
>>
>>50567116
I'm going to assume it's the ones with the spade tails.

They're even more shifty than normal Tieflings.
>>
File: siu6.png (516KB, 954x1350px) Image search: [Google]
siu6.png
516KB, 954x1350px
Some interesting statistics...

Hell's Vengeance: http://paizo.com/pathfinder/adventurePath/hellsVengeance
Part 1: 3.5 (based on 8 ratings)
Part 2: 3 (based on 1 rating)
Part 3: 1.5 (based on 2 ratings)
Part 4: 5 (based on 2 ratings)
Part 5: 4 (based on 1 rating)
Part 6: 3.5 (based on 4 ratings)
Average: 3.4166

Jade Regent: http://paizo.com/pathfinder/adventurePath/jadeRegent
Part 1: 4 (based on 14 ratings)
Part 2: 3 (based on 10 ratings)
Part 3: 3 (based on 9 ratings)
Part 4: 2.5 (based on 7 ratings)
Part 5: 4 (based on 4 ratings)
Part 6: 4 (based on 4 ratings)
Average: 3.4166

Hell's Rebels: http://paizo.com/pathfinder/adventurePath/hellsRebels
Part 1: 4.5 (based on 6 ratings)
Part 2: 5 (based on 5 ratings)
Part 3: 5 (based on 5 ratings)
Part 4: 5 (based on 5 ratings)
Part 5: 5 (based on 2 ratings)
Part 6: 5 (based on 2 ratings)
Average: 4.9166

Iron Gods: http://paizo.com/pathfinder/adventurePath/ironGods
Part 1: 5 (based on 20 ratings)
Part 2: 4.5 (based on 10 ratings)
Part 3: 4 (based on 7 ratings)
Part 4: 4.5 (based on 7 ratings)
Part 5: 4.5 (based on 5 ratings)
Part 6: 4.5 (based on 3 ratings)
Average: 4.5

Reign of Winter: http://paizo.com/pathfinder/adventurePath/reignOfWinter
Part 1: 4 (based on 17 ratings)
Part 2: 4.5 (based on 10 ratings)
Part 3: 4 (based on 7 ratings)
Part 4: 5 (based on 5 ratings)
Part 5: 5 (based on 16 ratings)
Part 6: 4 (based on 6 ratings)
Average: 4.4166

How does it feel to know that Jade Regent and Hell's Vengeance are actually two of the worst-rated APs, while Hell's Rebels is the #1 most well-received AP?

Is it because /pfg/ is always contrarian and dismissed Hell's Rebels because of "lol SJW" and "lol Bazzy pervert" memery, despite it being a very well-written AP?

Is it because /pfg/ fell in love with the idea of playing evil edgelords without realizing that the Hell's Vengeance was badly written?

Is it because /pfg/ wanted to waifu Ameiko and Shalelu so badly that they overlooked that Jade Regent was poorly written?
>>
>>50567379

And what do we assume about ones with vestigial leathery wings, thick but spined tails with prehensile capabilities, and scales on their skin?
>>
File: 1480266111478.jpg (239KB, 1044x770px) Image search: [Google]
1480266111478.jpg
239KB, 1044x770px
>>50567402
Those sample sizes are far too small to make any conclusions from. Hell's Vengeance there has so few ratings that I could go and inflate them all myself.
>>
>>50567402
The Paizo rating are lies, they actively prune and delete ratings.
>>
>>50567402
You are just devoted to starting shit.
>>
File: Don't_take_the_bait.gif (1MB, 480x286px) Image search: [Google]
Don't_take_the_bait.gif
1MB, 480x286px
>>50567402
Or maybe it's because they delete critical points of view and ban people with differing opinions.

And maybe, just maybe, you're a moron.
>>
>>50567431
All of their unseemlies are on view so I don't think there's anything else to worry about.
>>
>>50566617
Well, do you want the serious answer or the joke answer? Because I only have the joke one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIcVZVwhzf8
>>
>>50567402
>Is it because /pfg/ is always contrarian and dismissed Hell's Rebels because of "lol SJW" and "lol Bazzy pervert" memery, despite it being a very well-written AP?
No, because paizo actively doctors their rating. This is a documented thing.

>despite it being a very well-written AP?
It really isn't. Iron Gods is much better.
>>
>>50567451

But anon, there's a cloaca there.
>>
>>50567402
So, I have actually played 15 of the 18 Paizo APs all the way through.

I could give my opinions on them and see what you all think.
>>
>>50567483
please do share
>>
>>50567483
please do, but don't spoil them if you please I've only played like one of them to completion
>>
File: siu7.png (1MB, 990x1288px) Image search: [Google]
siu7.png
1MB, 990x1288px
>>50567440
>>50567449
If Paizo wanted to doctor their ratings, they would have done the same for Jade Regent and Hell's Vengeance.

Checkmate.
>>
>>50567530
The reason is they want to push certain APs more than others.
>>
>>50567530
but they want you to feel bad for playing hell's vengeance as a bunch of LE evil tyrants (the best alignment) instead of being a plucky CG rebel (which is the best alignment according to paizo)
>>
>>50567474
Those aren't anything to be worried about though. They're not threatening.
>>
>>50566417
Best idea of my gaming career was bringing a norse berserker into a game about shady political intrigue and communism. Grimdark was forced aside in favor of devil-slaying, the big bad empire the GM had expected us to become essentially ended up as the United States of Norse-Russia.
>>
>>50567561
This. JJ has said that LG is ultimately 'less good' than CG.
>>
File: Selkie.png (1MB, 1161x1697px) Image search: [Google]
Selkie.png
1MB, 1161x1697px
>>50567544
>>50567561
The logic doesn't hold up. Jade Regent has the same bad reviews as Hell's Vengeance, and Jade Regent is ACTUALLY about playing CG plucky rebels who lead a rebellion against LE oni, while waifuing JJ's old PC.

And yet Jade Regent got the same poor reviews as Hell's Vengeance.

You're just in denial.
>>
>>50567561
Well going from the discussion a few threads back, would you rather have a Precious cinnamon bun? Or greasy fast food?

That's the difference between Neutral Good and the evil alignments.
>>
>>50566617
For a fencer-y paladin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JsWAGGGimQ
>>
>>50567591
I believe it, but let's see a source.
>>
>>50567591

That's completely asinine, and certainly not borne out in play from what I've seen. If anything CG types are inherently less good than LG and NG types because people take chaotic as a pass to be a selfish dick at times.
>>
File: Drinking Panzer Grill.jpg (121KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Drinking Panzer Grill.jpg
121KB, 800x800px
>>50567591
JJ has straight up said he hates LG and thinks people who play LG characters are actively hurting the experience of other players

>>50567617
Can someone please find the posts from the "Ask JJ" thread about why he dislikes Paladins and refuses to add a Paladin of Freedom?
>>
>>50567600
Jade Regent is old, anon. paizo doesn't want its new content to compete with the old
>>
>>50567149

Why kobolds of all things?
>>
>>50567600
Because JR has a salvageable concept that a good GM can put to use, while the best HR can do is "Council of Thieves but with actual stakes" or "Curse of the Crimson Throne without cool bits"
>>
>>50567631
Now you're really reaching.
>>
>>50567641
theyre adorable and shes like a local hero to their tribe right now.
>>
>>50567600
>has literally twice as many reviews as the later campaign
>has a bunch of shitty subsystems (caravans, romance) that are probably objectively bad
>requires lots of work from the GM and buy-in from the players
>It's "Weebshit: The Campaign" to many people, which brings it down

Of fucking course Jade Regent is going to have middling reviews from paizofags or people reviewing the product as-is. Hell, without modification, most APs are pretty shitty.
>>
>>50567648
>while the best HR can do is "Council of Thieves but with actual stakes" or "Curse of the Crimson Throne without cool bits"
What makes these less salvageable?
>>
making a boss npc and need to know if you keep the age score effects if someone who was Old became a Worm that Walks
>>
>>50567668
So we're clear that Jade Regent is bad even by AP standards.
>>
>>50567671
Only for the mental stats.
>>
>>50567583

But anon, it's hiding two penises AND two vaginas!
>>
>>50567483
APs I have played:
>Rise of the Runelords
>Curse of the Crimson Throne
>Second Darkness
>Council of Thieves
>Kingmaker
>Carrion Crown
>Jade Regent
>Skull and Shackles
>Shattered Star
>Reign of Winter
>Wrath of the Righteous
>Iron Gods
>Giant Slayer
>Hell's Revels
>Hell's Vengeance

I played them nearly in order so it's been a long time since I played some, but if I had to rate my top 5 in terms of story it'd be:

>Iron Gods
>Curse of the Crimson Throne
>Reign of Winter
>Carrion Crown
>Council of Thieves

And the 5 worst written:
>Giant Slayer
>Skull & Shackles
>King Maker
>Shattered Star
>Hell's Revels

>>50567600
Jade Regent's problem is it does not take place majority of Avistan, or better way to say it is Avistan is not the focus.

Really what I have to say is the doctoring is a documented thing. I'm not saying we have proof of them doctoring these particular things, but Paizo is known to doctor ratings (several 3pp have come out saying they do).

Another thing is the ratings don't actually mean much when it comes to the writing. It may be loved. It's still bad. Ratings often do not indicate quality.

Have you played Hell's Revels?
>>
>>50567709
Imagine!
>>
What are some good Tiefling concepts that won't just get written off as fapbait?
>>
>>50567701
so he would gain the lost physical scores and keep the mental score?
>>
>>50567722
No!

>>50567731
Those that actually roleplay how their kind of tieflings look, like actual spooky demons with granite like skin that probably looked like Harlequin baby at birth.
>>
File: 1474659625820.png (341KB, 582x900px) Image search: [Google]
1474659625820.png
341KB, 582x900px
>>50567631
Wrong. Look at Giantslayer, which was relatively recent.

Giantslayer: http://paizo.com/pathfinder/adventurePath/giantslayer
Part 1: 4 (based on 6 ratings)
Part 2: 3.5 (based on 3 ratings)
Part 3: 4 (based on 1 rating)
Part 4: 3 (based on 1 rating)
Part 5: 2 (based on 2 ratings)
Part 6: 3 (based on 1 rating)
Average: 3.25
>>
>>50567715
Giant Slayer, as far as i'm aware, is literally just an old Gygax module ported from AD&D, so it makes sense that's it's kinda poorly written.

Kudos to the man that spawned the genre, but while he did some neat encounter design his storytelling was shit and he was way too focused on lethal over fun.

Additionally, all the best ones in this list clearly lack big extra subsystems, just expansion on what's already present. That says things. Iron gods might be argued for bringing in tech items, but you can actually play that AP without using them.
>>
>>50567715
>misspelled hell's rebels three times
anyway, what would you say are the strengths of the top 5 and the weaknesses of the bottom 5?
>>
>>50567761
I am unsure why we are taking Paizo's rating as word of god on the quality of the product.

Really I have to say is I have no clue if they doctored these particular ratings, merely that Paizo doctors ratings (we have testimony to this from several sources).

Even if they are entirely unaltered being higher rated does not make them good.

Giantslayer I understand as being poorly rated because it's a AD&D adventure brought to pathfinder. It had a lot working against it.

Also stop fucking avatarfagging.
>>
>>50567402

I think JR gets a lot of niche hate and low reviews because of the base premise - PCs have to escort the Princess/McGuffin, and a lot of players bitch at the world not revolving around them. Granted, there are plenty of ways to fix it, but many GMs won't. Heck, I could probably put at least half a point up on JR's part 2 by having Koya and not Ameiko be kidnapped. Nothing like having the Chosen One be a NPC and need rescuing.

Hell's Vengeance I did not follow closely, but I know a lot of people thought some scenarios were completely BS. The paladin lying out his ass and other absurdities in Part 3 stank up in the Paizo forums well enough.

That said, I think Hell's Rebels, Iron Gods and Reign of Winter are pretty decent, although I found HR's start atrocious. You do not introduce a goddamn Thrune despot in a city with a rebellious streak a mile wide with a tax on effing mint. It looked okay later on.

>>50567626
The Chevalier is already kinda that, isn't he?
>>
>>50567149
A whole TRIBE? Dear lord, that girl's got an insatiable appetite.
>>
>>50567793
>misspelled hell's rebels three times
Apparently my computer didn't know the word rebel? It keeps trying to correct it to revel.

Anyway I would say this:
>Iron Gods
A real sense of adventure and unique experience in golarion. The enemy actually feels frightening and oppressive, and you interact with a very unique setting in golarion. The story itself is one that I have to say is absolutely fantastic, especially for the entire last arc with the divinity drive.

>CotCT
Well written urban adventure with an interesting cast of characters. Suffers from a few plot holes that can be fixed with little effort however.

>Reign of Winter
Another sort of High Adventure game which had a very strange and entertaining second half.

>Carrion Crown
Best villain

>Council of Thieves
Another urban romp. People bash it because of apparent lack of stakes. I agree that that stakes aren't high, but I don't find it an issue. It's high personal stakes low wider impact, sort of the difference between Jojo Part 3 and 4.
>>
>>50567844
3+ years of being surrounded by strong beautiful women and forced to be chaste with such an affliction does that to a woman.
>>
File: Soraka.png (362KB, 900x671px) Image search: [Google]
Soraka.png
362KB, 900x671px
How do I Soraka /pfg/ Agathion blooded aasimar? Half-Unicorn?

I want to drop stars on people and be a lovely heal-waifu.
>>
>>50567793
Now for weaknesses

>Kingmaker
Boring region overall, the subsystem ruined it for me because it severely impaired the story. Lots of empty boring hexes.

>Giant Slayer
Interesting encounter design, but boring story. You can tell this is an AD&D adventure. It's strength is in the encounter design, not story.

>Skull & Shackles
No sense of urgency and direction. You have next to no reason to complete the adventure.

>Shattered Star
Nothing was overly bad, just overall very weak. There was nothing here to excite me.

>Hell's Rebels
TERRIBLE start, overall weak finish. I did not feel like a plucky chaotic good rebel. I felt like a populist demagogue.
>>
>>50567939
>I felt like a populist demagogue.

thats fascist talk 'comrade'
>>
>>50567402
Here's what's REALLY up.

Hell's Vengeance, plain and simple, is poorly-written. The antagonists are badly-written idiots (including paladins that lie, poison, and sacrifice compatriots to run away), and most of Paizo has no clue how to write fun evil characters. In addition, Book Two is practically an advertisement for the Vigilante class.
Jade Regent is OLD. Like really old, and it shows when in comparison to some of the newer APs. The Caravan system is idiotic, the Relationship system is just as much, and it doesn't account for the newer options that might fit better now that there's more to the game.
Hell's Rebels is Paizo's innocent little cinnamon bun. It's the AP that practically EVERYONE had a hand in writing, and that the major players of the company pushed as hard as they could. As such, most of the laymen players (the PFS people and the people who "just want to have fun") think that it's better because it's got the most appraisal by the devs, despite having bad writing and even worse NPCs, including ANOTHER JJ-bait character.

Iron Gods and Reign of Winter have good ratings because they do something EXTREMELY different from any other APs, so that makes them unique and honestly the freedom gives them more chances to be fun. Fighting robots in a spaceship and Rasputin in a techno-electric badass machine stick in your mind really hard, and it's these things that make people go "wow, that's cool", and thus review them better.
>>
Does Paizo generally introduce new content along with new adventure paths or do they come out relatively separately?
>>
>>50567911
How many of the other party members has she banged?
>>
File: 1476722518959.jpg (43KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1476722518959.jpg
43KB, 540x540px
>tfw seriously considering writing an adventure path
>tfw can't write one that takes place in Golarion if I want it ever to see the light of day in 3pp
>tfw it will never have a wider audience otherwise

This is a very difficult decision. I think I'll just do my own setting. I planned on having it connected with The Book of Goblinoids and be relatively goblinoid centric.
>>
>>50567670
I'd say mostly the fact that they're retreading old ground.
>>
>>50568007
none.

she's trying (and failing) to be business-like with them.

though the calistrian is pretty close.
>>
File: 1465890279916.gif (2MB, 1208x860px) Image search: [Google]
1465890279916.gif
2MB, 1208x860px
>>50567965
So Hell's Vengeance and Hell's Rebels are BOTH bad even by AP standards?
>>
>>50567994

Typically from what I've seen the APs tend to come out on their own schedule but often push something from a recent RPG-line book. After Ultimate Intrigue, the Vigilante came up in Hell's Vengeance while one of their recent APs was tied in to Horror Adventures mechanics.

I can't imagine it did well, Horror Adventures didn't have many good mechanics.
>>
>>50567939
>Hell's Rebels
>TERRIBLE start, overall weak finish. I did not feel like a plucky chaotic good rebel. I felt like a populist demagogue.

I got an offer to play this one once but I turned it down because I think Cheliax is awesome and couldn't see myself doing a good job with a character because of it.
>>
>>50567731
Rakshasa-spawn who's a charming trickster, a robin hood-type. Physical quirk could be mostly tiger-esque features, stripes growing further and further across his body as he gains power.
>>
>>50568036
Hell's vengeance isn't that bad plot-wise it just needs its villians fixed.
>>
File: 1474318892987.jpg (345KB, 784x800px) Image search: [Google]
1474318892987.jpg
345KB, 784x800px
My 5th-level wizard has no magic item crafting feats, and even if they did, the party is low on funds (and thus raw materials) anyway.

My wizard does have gold with which to purchase new spells though.

What are some spells (up to 3rd-level) that could be productive on a two-week carriage ride to a far-off land? Aside from Conjure Carriage, of course.
>>
>>50568036
Yep.
>>
>want to run an AP to build confidence in my DMing
>most stuff is uninteresting railroady bullshit
Wake me up
>>
>>50567810
Kind of, but Chevaliers don't have quite as much power or identity as Paladins. A chaotic good paladin-equivalent with a code of conduct and definite role in the world has a lot more charm than just "paladin-lite: the three-level dip".
>>
>>50568031
Or here was the other idea.

I absolutely love Rakshasa, and originally had an idea for an AP that portrayed them as the villain. It was in a slowly decaying pocket dimension, the decay coming in a few hundred years. The dimension large enough to hold a continent. The AP's focus was on unraveling the mystery of how it was created, why the Rakshasa are in charge, and piecing together a way to get out.

The other one was a war story about a long campaign across a continent with a Sieging subsystem for protracted siege battles and an Army subsystem for managing supply. The secret objective of the war was to uncover old ruins to find out the truth of goblinoid's origins.
>>
>>50568087
What's your current list of spells?

I'd advise you from that.
>>
>>50568087
Pelfer's Portable Puffy Pillow.

After two-week carriage ride your butt's gonna need it desperately. That is, even if the fellow passengers don't seize the opportunity to touch the fluffy tail.
>>
>>50568099
Railroady bullshit is how you should start if you're inexperienced
>>
>>50568099
>an AP is railroady

So what?
>>
File: 1480744891213.png (524KB, 928x1250px) Image search: [Google]
1480744891213.png
524KB, 928x1250px
>>50568139

I have about 400 gp to spend on scribing any spells up to 3rd-level.
>>
>>50568201
No I mean what spells are currently in your spell book?
>>
File: 20516ec6864e70af0b4606959e466c13.jpg (347KB, 900x1350px) Image search: [Google]
20516ec6864e70af0b4606959e466c13.jpg
347KB, 900x1350px
>>50568123
Is the BBEG a fluffy-tailed fox rakshasa?
>>
>>50568099
That's the fucking point of an AP you dingleberry.
>>
>>50568237
The plan was for four ruler Rakshasa.

One a Bull, one a Tiger, one a Spider, and one a Snake. The Builder, Hunter, Weaver, and Master.

Of course part of my issue is I can't really write encounter well for anything but highly optimized characters and it ends up killing a lot of PCs, which most people really don't want happening. This is entirely a personal issue and I severely underestimate the amount of unfairness most people are willing to play against.
>>
>>50568299
>autism strikes.
>>
>>50568299
So what you're saying is that you should playtest your AP?
>>
>>50566417
They don't exist.
>>
File: 1462522938190.jpg (114KB, 570x913px) Image search: [Google]
1462522938190.jpg
114KB, 570x913px
>>50568219

1st-level: PATRON SPELL: Abjuration: Remove Fear
1st-level: Abjuration: Alarm
1st-level: Abjuration: Endure Elements
1st-level: Abjuration: Incendiary Runes
1st-level: Abjuration: Protection from Evil
1st-level: Abjuration: Shield
1st-level: Conjuration: Grease
1st-level: Conjuration: Infernal Healing
1st-level: Conjuration: Mage Armor
1st-level: Conjuration: Unseen Servant
1st-level: Divination: Comprehend Languages
1st-level: Divination: Detect Undead
1st-level: Divination: Ears of the City
1st-level: Divination: Heightened Awareness
1st-level: Illusion: Auditory Hallucination
1st-level: Illusion: Shadow Trap
1st-level: Illusion: Silent Image
1st-level: Transmutation: Crafter's Fortune
1st-level: Transmutation: Expeditious Excavation
1st-level: Transmutation: Windy Escape

2nd-level: PATRON SPELL: Conjuration: Restoration, Lesser
2nd-level: Conjuration: Create Pit
2nd-level: Divination: Carrion Compass
2nd-level: Divination: Detect Magic, Greater
2nd-level: Divination: Locate Object
2nd-level: Divination: See Invisibility
2nd-level: Illusion: Invisibility
2nd-level: Transmutation: Rope Trick
2nd-level: Transmutation: Tears to Wine

3rd-level: Abjuration: Dispel Magic
3rd-level: Conjuration: Conjure Carriage
3rd-level: Divination: Blood Biography
3rd-level: Divination: Revelation
3rd-level: Illusion: Invisibility Sphere
3rd-level: Transmutation: Fly
3rd-level: Transmutation: Haste

I know I should eventually get Glitterdust, Stinking Cloud, etc., but right now, the carriage ride is my main concern.
>>
>>50568338
Divination specialty?
>>
File: 1471672331351.jpg (227KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
1471672331351.jpg
227KB, 850x850px
>>50568427

Of course.
>>
>>50568444
What are your opposition schools?

I'm guessing Necromancy and Evocation by your list, but it's good to be sure.
>>
>>50568459

Enchantment and Necromancy.

Emergency Force Sphere is too good.
>>
>>50567865

Carrion Crown? I have heard people bash on the villain, especially the setup. If there is ONE thing I would totally change about the AP it would be to make the villain a bit more active.

Heck, if you run just the first part, Vrood can work fairly well with some indication that he killed the Professor and messed with the Beast and the Count of Lepidstadt.
>>
>>50568326
Yes, essentially.

>>50568316
I've grown very used to optimized parties.

>>50568338
You'll want:
Polypurpose Panacea
Air Bubble
Mount
Identify
Detect Secret Doors
Cultural Adaptation
True Strike
Charm Person
Keep Watch
Memorize Page
Floating Disk
Disguise Self
Magic Aura
Ventriloquism
Ray of Sickening
Ray of Enfeeblement
Ant Haul
Ray of Sickening
Break
Feather Fall
Monkey Fish
Enlarge person
Reduce Person
Snapdragon Firework
Vocal Alteration
Snowball

I'll think about the rest later.
>>
I'm working on a Magpie Mage spellburst Savant.

What are some spells that are not on the Wizard/Cleric list that would be really good to pick up and add to my spellbook? I'm looking more for 'Interesting and odd' more than 'Super duper powerful' but notably potent ones would be good too.

So far I have:

>Empower Holy Water(Paladin)
>Death Candle(Anti-Paladin)
>Divine Favor
>Magic Stone
>Honeyed Tongue
>Bestow Grace
>Insect Scouts
>>
File: e3eee1cc3343dbbef27467988775ca27.png (607KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
e3eee1cc3343dbbef27467988775ca27.png
607KB, 1000x1000px
>>50568495

How do these help during a two-week carriage ride on a Conjure Carriage? I can see how Keep Watch, Floating Disk, and Polypurpose Panacea will help, but the rest, not so much.
>>
>>50568544
Emergencies.
>>
>>50568530

...I meant Wizard/Sorcerer list. Cleric spells are interesting.
>>
>>50568530
Speak with Animals? My SS used it on flock of birds once. It was pretty funny but Commune with Birds would probably yield better results.
>>
>>50568077

One of my biggest disappointments is that it makes it very hard to be a LN Thrune loyalist. Nope, instead we have a CE duergar antipaladin.

As for Hell's rebels, I have read it until book 3 and other than the start and maybe the captain's lover bit (I may be a bit annoyed by the shoehorning of a gay romance) it looked salvageable. My biggest issue is, I never got the feeling that I am in a city in goddamned Cheliax, governed by a motherfucking Thrune, during the Glorious Reclamation. Oh my god, the government increased bridge tolls! We are so oppressed!

I think Paizo just can't do tyranny very well. File off the serial numbers and set it elsewhere with Barzy being just a suspicious populist that comes out of nowhere, and I think it actually works better.
>>
>>50568485
Well then your party will probably judge you pretty hard if you don't pick up Fireball. This isn't really for the carriage ride, but it's important in general.

Displacement and/or Blink will also be practically necessary for when you get ambushed, which will absolutely happen, but which one you take is down to preference.

Campfire Wall will be important for not getting ambushed in the middle of the night

It's a bit difficult to judge what will be useful on the carriage ride, since you haven't said much about what you want to do, and downtime productivity in pathfinder usually boils down to crafting when you can't buy things.

What do you hope to accomplish during the carriage ride?
>>
>>50568609

Oh, those are very good ones. Thanks.

These little utility spells are fantastic and really the sort of stuff I'm looking for because of how easy it is for a Magpie Mage to swap about spells.
>>
>>50568638

>Campfire Wall will be important for not getting ambushed in the middle of the night

I just use Sacred Geometry: Extend Spell Rope Trick and Alarm for that.

>What do you hope to accomplish during the carriage ride?

Being able to produce something of value during the downtime.
>>
>>50568622
I mean I think you sort of have to fix every AP's villians to some extent, many of them are just seethrough or uninteresting

and the problems with the words 'LN thrune loyalist' is that it tends towards LE, even an LN character would have a pretty high ideals towards status quo and tradition for their loyalty to make sense.
>>
>>50568691
>Spoiler, combined with being a Pact Wizard Diviner
You are a terrible person.
>>
File: 1305027052608.jpg (229KB, 1000x947px) Image search: [Google]
1305027052608.jpg
229KB, 1000x947px
Can anyone who's looked at Autism Fighter explain to me why it takes Combat Competence?
>>
>>50568662
Remember that you probably won't have Handle Animal nor Wild Empathy. That's why Commune with Birds is better, it just gets you results. It's a wizard spell, after all.
>>
>>50568853

I THINK once you can speak with animals you can just use diplomacy with them. Not 100% sure on that though.
>>
>>50567865
>>Carrion Crown
>Best villain

Show your work.
>>
>>50568699
Agree with you on that point about villains--I love Jade Regent, but the villain isn't even a presence in the PCs' lives until part 6, and even then I figure he needs to be more than just a dupe for some surprise manipulator--I rewrote it to be that he's actually playing the oni against each other to finally get rid of them once he comes to power. Kind of Diego Brando-esque, angry at the world for the shitty life he's had.
>>
File: 1f814793b33510e83a2b96114b3a7538.png (870KB, 700x1036px) Image search: [Google]
1f814793b33510e83a2b96114b3a7538.png
870KB, 700x1036px
>>50568713

The other two party members are a half-orc slayer and a human alchemist.

We have been playing for eight sessions so far, and despite the GM focusing strongly on one- or two-encounter adventuring days, my wizard has never actually felt overpowered compared to the slayer and the alchemist.

The GM simply has a knack for structuring their adventures and challenges such in a way that I do not have a solution to any problem at any given time, even with the ability to rapidly prepare spells.
>>
>>50566417
A Changeling Beastmorph Alchemist that uses mutagens to temporarily bring out her Hag heritage without the disadvantages of fully becoming one. Unfortunately I can't simulate the spellcasting of a Hag unless I went gestalt or something. I haven't been able to play her yet and I really, really want to.
>>
>>50568622
Paizo is too afraid of offending fucking SJWs in its own offices to write actual evil. The best they can really do is "mean" or "immoral" with occasional doses of obligatory misogyny/racism.
>>
To anyone that's worried about running Vengeance or Rebels, I will say from personal experience that at the very least the former is much better when you have a DM with a good head on their shoulders and is able to adapt 90% of the book to the situation, but with the wisdom to know when to take the other 10% and toss it in the garbage.

For instance, our campaign had 5 players so our DM completely tossed Cimri from being in the party. It freed up our movement a bit and didn't weigh us down with some squirt with a chip on her shoulder.
>>
All this talk about APs kinda wants to make me get to working on my old west setting and AP

I need to think it through more though.
>>
>>50566417
I'm currently making one for a Hell's Vengeance game. He's the tiefling brother to my paladin from Wrath of the Righteous. The paladin trained to become a Hellknight and got sent off to the Worldwound while the tiefling brother was hidden away by his noble family. Because of his inferiority complex he decided to abandon the noble life and make a name for himself, no matter what he has to do. I have no clue what class or build to give him but that's the gist of his backstory.
>>
>>50569261

Unchained Rogue, maybe? THat sounds like a very rogue-ish backstory.
>>
>>50569194
To expand, I know what the start of it would be, and I have an idea for plot and set pieces of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd parts of the campaign would be, but i'm having trouble tying it together.
>>
>>50569278
Was definitely considering rogue. Harbinger powered by not getting enough attention as a child could work.
>>
>>50569313
>MY PARENTS NEVER LOVED MEEEE

kek
>>
File: Fascinating.jpg (144KB, 844x619px) Image search: [Google]
Fascinating.jpg
144KB, 844x619px
tried asking early this morning, but that never got anything (well, most of us were at work or something anyways) so here goes:

In Gunslingers of Porphyra, the elemental gun archetype; if multiclassed can it accept burn for those abilities? Do levels of infusion specialization add together, or does the reduction stack? Would the form infusions gained from multiclassing be allowed, since the elemental gun itself doesn't gain any but also does not say it can't use form infusions in any way?

Do the simple energy blasts that lower damage by a die type also do the same to the gun they're loaded in (I imagine yes)? And can this energy be used to fire technological energy weapons, or only bullet-type firearms? This last part is only a question due to 'charges' being different from 'ammo' technically.

Also, since technological firearms ARE firearms but have no misfire, do they begin gaining one if one applies the firearm modifications in the book?

Also one that Anon had added:
>How does it interface with timeworn equipment?
>>
>>50569313
Run it as a beguiler, or as I like to call it: a rogue without the regret.
>>
>>50566507
If possible, do you think you could share that list? I'm a relatively new DM so I have no clue what can break the game and what can't.
>>
>>50568299
You need to learn how to half ass things.
I will give you a tip: make up a combination of words, put it in the ogc and see which feats come up- now build a npc around it.
Don't you want to see what a half orc with Fortune teller, Desert Dweller and Noble Scion of Art would become?
>>
File: Bloodborne Jeez Dude.jpg (98KB, 635x457px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne Jeez Dude.jpg
98KB, 635x457px
>>50569334
This is unrelated to your question, but your mention of Gunslingers of Porphyra reminded me

>mfw realization I could have asked the drunk anon taking book requests to buy that book with the Mercurial Duelist in it
>I could have asked him to buy ALL of Jolly's stuff

FUCK
>>
File: sister_friede.jpg (65KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
sister_friede.jpg
65KB, 640x360px
>>50568123
>It was in a slowly decaying pocket dimension, the decay coming in a few hundred years. The dimension large enough to hold a continent. The AP's focus was on unraveling the mystery of how it was created, why the Rakshasa are in charge, and piecing together a way to get out.
"When the Ashes are two, a flame alighteth"
>>
>>50569430
Well the two vigilante books ARE in the trove now, apparently.
>>
File: ChaikaSad.jpg (40KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
ChaikaSad.jpg
40KB, 500x281px
>>50569464
Well that's good, but unfortunately a lot of the playtest stuff got split off into other random books. Eastern archetypes had the samurai one, and there was like, intrigue archetypes? Fuck, I need to go check the Legendary Games site now.
>>
So there's little doubt in my mind that if, say, the CE side of the Pantheon decided to make a move and fight everyone, that there most likely be some LE guys on the other side to try and bring down the racket, but can anyone think of a situation where the opposite were to happen? Say, a LG deity got too big for their britches and a CG one has to come in and say "whoah dude, chill out with the whole 'trying to make everyone do what you tell them' thing".
>>
>>50569568
Given paizo's SJW CG is best and LG is basically evil stance yes.

>fuck jj
>>
>>50569568

Pretty much any LG deity that things to get rid of booze will get Cayden up on their ass telling them to sit down and shut up, this is not Drunk God Approved.
>>
File: iobueno.jpg (164KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
iobueno.jpg
164KB, 595x842px
>>50569568
You mean like if some goddess decided to just kidnap the worshipers of other gods, pop-quiz them on her personal history and views, punish the answers that don't match her whim, and send the victims straight to a hostile region of the already-hostile lower planes with no assistance unless they proved themselves good worshipers of her?

Like if that happened?
>>
>>50569653
IOMEDAE DID NOTHING WRONG
>>
>>50569323
That is basically what it boiled down to from the GM's side. It's even worse when he's envious of the fact his brother is the one who got to close the Worldwound, and not him.
>>
>>50569653
Did she really do that? Holy crap what a psycho.
>>
>>50569653
Man, fuck WotR. That scene just sent it all from pretty cool to fucking bullshit in two pages.
>>
>>50569653
wtf i hate iomedae now
>>
>>50569729
People on paizo forums actually pretend you can't possibly have read it - only heard of it from others who heard of it on 4chan - if you dare believe that what happened on those pages is what happened.
>>
File: agonypug.jpg (31KB, 414x352px) Image search: [Google]
agonypug.jpg
31KB, 414x352px
>finally get into game
>excited I get to play my homebrew
>leave work early to get to game
>only person to show up
This is a really bad feeling.
>>
>>50569822
jesus...
>>
>>50569803
Poor idiots. They probably just had GMs who were smart enough to leave that out and nice enough to not show them what's behind the curtain.
>>
>>50569822
Welcome to a common issue of online games. Don't take it personally - unless you're the GM.

The online ratio's never great, in particular when there are a lot of applicants to scare the fuck off of the wannabe-GM

Though occasionally it ends up being you and the GM in the chat/roll20 wondering if a second player will even show up, even though everyone seemed so excited just a day or two ago.
>>
File: 1391639159909.jpg (36KB, 417x384px) Image search: [Google]
1391639159909.jpg
36KB, 417x384px
>>50569822
Sorry man.
>>
>>50569822
Sorry you had to experience that, anon. Here's a picture of a pretty cute witch from Pathfinder to cheer you up. I hope it works.
>>
>>50569568
Of the core deities you have two CG, that's Cayden and Desna, and thee LG, Erastil, Torag (lul dwarves) and Iomedae.
Cayden gets along well with Desna (see, Kurgess), Torag (because Good), Iomedae (see, Startstone), and has a father/son relationship with Erastil.
Desna gets along with Cayden, but doesn't relate much to the other LG gods.
Erastil gets along very well with Torag (family), and is allied with Iomedae.
Torag is allied with Iomedae.

So really it's only Iomedae who's going to be acting out. Thing is, Erastil, Shelyn, Sarenrae, Cayden, Abadar, Irori, Torag, and others, are all said to be friendly enough with Iomedae to talk things out.

Compare that relationship to that of, say, Asmodeus and Rovagug, or Asmodeus and Lamashtu. Asmodeus HATES them. He hates Rovagug, which is why he allied with Sarenrae (who he DESPISES) just to lock him up. He hates Lamashtu because he hates ALL demons, enough that he'd side with Iomedae over Lamashtu. CE is basically mindless. There aren't going to be peace talks, Asmodeus is just going to go help whoever else curbstomp them back into the Abyss.
>>
File: WAT.gif (2MB, 350x276px) Image search: [Google]
WAT.gif
2MB, 350x276px
>>50569653
>>
>>50569653
See, this is why she needs a hug.
>>
>>50569903
Y'know Paizo's attitude towards LG?
You meet Iomedae in Wrath of the Righteous.
All things considered, I'm surprised Paizo didn't write something worse.
>>
>>50569894
What about Pazuzu, he seems like a guy that just wants to have a good time.
>>
File: 1306291256691.png (461KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1306291256691.png
461KB, 1024x1024px
>>50569822
Ouch.

Also

>>50568799

tia
>>
>>50569968
Pazuzu's a minor god. He gets along okay with other demons, namely Deskari, but he's got a rivalry with Lamashtu.
>>
>>50566417
He's a cleric of Iomedae from the backwoods of Andoran with more valor than sense. Right now he's on a quest for ancient Osiriani booty.
>>
>>50569969
I actually don't remember. It should be Trained Initiative instead.
>>
>>50569822
Shit dude, did the GM even show up?
>>
>>50570106
Yeah he did and apologized for the other folks.
>>
>>50568638
>>50568691

Are there any suggestions for spells that would be useful during such a carriage trip, then?
>>
File: Mummy.jpg (277KB, 342x894px) Image search: [Google]
Mummy.jpg
277KB, 342x894px
>>50570051
>ancient Osirianai booty
>>
>>50570146
Well you're trying to produce something without crafting, and the earliest way to do that as far as I know is using spells like Fabricate, which come much later.
>>
>>50568333
I know you're whining about not having a game but this reminds me of a Mute Musician with the Impossible Bloodline I'm playing who's backstory is that they simply didn't and couldn't ever exist but could be perceived and interacted with regardless to the point that as time went on Reality just began to give up more and more with processing their continued existing.
>>
>>50570187
Yup. As a foundling half-elf raised by hillbilly bumpkins, he never knew he wanted it, but soon he's going to elf out and make a beeline for some garundi honeys. Not even the Lady of Light will be able to contain it.
>>
>>50570410
SMITE EVIL
>>
>>50570146
Shrink Item, Tongues, Water Breathing, Ant Haul, Shatter, Clairaudience/Clairvoyance, Phantom Steed, Defoliate, Commune with Birds.
>>
>>50570453
CAN'T SMITE THAT ROD OF WONDER BABY.
>>
Does anybody have any 3.5/Pathfinder modules in Spanish?
>>
File: 1432326478763.png (1MB, 1326x1079px) Image search: [Google]
1432326478763.png
1MB, 1326x1079px
Tell me /pfg/, how would one stat a Johj?
I wanna know, just in case I need to kill a player's waifu
>>
>>50570481
Plot Device.
>>
>>50570481
rocks fall waifu dies
>>
>>50570481
They honestly could be a creature type all on there own
>Medium sized, vermin like immunities or maybe just Aberrations?
>Varible stats, but generic ones are probably medium sized with high strength and slam attacks, can use weapons
>Adaptable Death(Ex): Whenever a Johj is killed it produces an egg more resistant to the method of death that hatches into a new xdy Johj after XdY days.
>>
>>50569822
If you want, you could ask the GM to advertise here for more players!
>>
File: ra0m.png (886KB, 997x1160px) Image search: [Google]
ra0m.png
886KB, 997x1160px
>>50570456
How do these help during the ride?
>>
>>50570687
By that all spells have a niche in which they are useful. You'll have to be creative. There is not a single set of spells below 4th level that is guaranteed to let you end the trip with something to show for it.
>>
>>50568035
Given freedom to choose anyone, how many and who would you fill up?
>>
>>50566395
Does your character follow The Way of the Open Palm? or The Way of the Closed Fist
>>
>>50571041

Whispering Way actually
>>
>>50570986

I was looking for something that would help me produce something of tangible value during the downtime.

Do 1st-, 2nd-, and 3rd-level wizard spells really not have anything that would assist with such an effort? There is Crafter's Fortune, but that is reliant on Craft checks.
>>
File: what.gif (1MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
what.gif
1MB, 300x300px
>>50571041
>using your fists instead of a sword
>>
>>50571041
Neither. They're two sides of a coin and neither has a right to exclude the other.
>>
>>50571143
>not just reducing your foes to cinders
>>
>>50571143
It's not about the fists on your arms, it's about the fists in your heart.
>>
File: laughingwizards.jpg (9KB, 196x257px) Image search: [Google]
laughingwizards.jpg
9KB, 196x257px
>>50571143
>using a sword instead of a spellbook
>>
File: 2150838-19179107.jpg (38KB, 426x640px) Image search: [Google]
2150838-19179107.jpg
38KB, 426x640px
>>50571143
> Not knowing that steel is weak.
>Not knowing that flesh is stronger.

What is a sword in comparison to the might of the hand that wields it?
>>
File: uguu.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
uguu.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>50571167
>not having evasion and dodging the fireballs

>>50571168
Hearts don't have fists anon.
>>
>>50571180
THEN YOUR HEART IS NOT STRONG ENOUGH.
>>
File: sanger.png (623KB, 1000x1045px) Image search: [Google]
sanger.png
623KB, 1000x1045px
>>50571177
>wizards actually believe this.

>>50571179
well a sword can cut through flesh

See how that works?

It can also cleave evil

>>50571187
If your heart has fists you should see a doctor.
>>
>>50571180
>implying your passing that save anyway
>implying I won't just hit touch
>implying I won't take Frozen to the Bone and force Fort saves on those pesky roguish types who probably won't have good Con.
>>
>>50571195

Without the hand, the sword is nothing. The sword is meaningless without the strength of flesh.
>>
>>50571177
>using a spellbook at all
I bet you use a familiar too!
>>
File: 1478326530799.jpg (40KB, 736x921px) Image search: [Google]
1478326530799.jpg
40KB, 736x921px
>>50571209

Them's fightin' words, anon
>>
>>50571209
What about a robot using a sword?
>>
>>50571209
>flesh

>NOT THE STRENGTH OF THE SOUL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ABHFWlmAG4

>>50571200
>wizard fanfiction.doc
>>
>>50571229
>being a wizard
>not being part of the Glorious Psionic and or Spherecasting point based master-race.
>>
>>50571226
>>50571229

Flesh is allegorical in this instance.
>>
>>50571126
The first spell I can think of that lets you actually create something that doesn't vanish after a set time period is Fabricate, a 5th level spell.

I was a lot more willing to help out earlier in the thread when it seemed like your main issue was in spell selection, but at this point you've cemented yourself as the worst sort of power gamer short of the same build you have but with item creation feats.
You're a Healing Patron Pact Wizard Diviner using Sacred fucking Geometry of all things /literally/ asking this thread how to optimize your time on a carriage ride so you can profit from it when you reach your destination.

I'm telling you now that there is not a low level spell or combination of low level spells on the Sorc/Wiz spell list that will let you do that in as brain-dead and effortless a way as you seem to want to do it. Kindly fuck off.
>>
>>50571209
>>50571229
A true samurai's soul and sword are forged as one!

There is nothing it cannot cut!

https://youtu.be/1VSA7CvnBAU
>>
>>50571243
same thing

I kind of want some freetime to port the spellpoints system over to PF

>>50571244
>IT WAS JUST AN ALLEGORY

Fistfags btfo.
>>
>>50571224
> Black blade gets tired of waiting for a wielder.

Useing this.
>>
>>50571254
just remember anon True Men Ride Eachother

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCmTJVew_tY
>>
>>50571229
>wizard fanfiction.doc
My last wizard had separate notebooks she'd write about her fantasies of the barbarian coming at her, resisting all her spells, and then taking her in a forest clearing.

The rogue eventually found them. Blackmail ensued.
>>
>>50571280
Implying it's possible to forget
>>
>>50571251

I direct you to >>50568920.

At no point in the campaign so far has my character ever been noticeably exceeding the capacities of the other characters, by sheer dint of the GM's GMing style and adventure structure. It does not even come across as heavy-handed or obvious; it is simply a matter of the GM preferring to introduce problems that low-level wizard spells simply are not suited to solving.
>>
File: Spellsword.jpg (61KB, 800x598px) Image search: [Google]
Spellsword.jpg
61KB, 800x598px
>choosing a single style
>not mastering multiple styles and choosing the proper one for every situation

Fucking one track minds here.
>>
>>50571200
>not passing the save
Once again you have been defeated by Autism Fighter.
>>
>>50571316
>the wizard doesn't even know that the only way to kill autism fighter is to gather enough wizards with enervation to get him to 20 negative levels, which even death ward can't stop from killing him

ecks dee.
>>
>>50571280
>>50571257
>>50571254
>>50571229
>>50571179
>>
>>50571316
What's his flat footed touch AC and does he have true seeing?
>>
>>50571294
I have nothing more to add so here's my second favorite theme from Moon Dwellers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4et0ltPrYo
>>
>>50571280
Likewise, you should remember that real men wear skirts.

https://youtu.be/y8BEiiTqGIA
>>
>>50571164
This. If you forsake either the soft arts or the hard arts you kung fu will never be strong. It's all about balance.
>>
Always remember, /tg/. The strongest blade is the blade of your soul.

And on that note, homebrew Avowed pact. Help an anon out with feedback? http://pastebin.com/HcfmMqjv
>>
>>50571389
>>50571041
>>50571164

Open palm and closed fist are moral philosophies dude.
>>
>>50571383
inferior flat chest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvLLXHQ0V9o
>>
>>50571224
It's not using a sword! I am actually fucking laughing. Nice.
>>
>>50571409

A sword using a sword would be barbaric!!
>>
>>50571404
Eh, I prefer this version. It's got a clearer main melody and a punchier opening.

https://youtu.be/-Hj5rfnEono
>>
>>50566395
Community college weeaboos killed this genre.
>>
>>50571296
Low level wizards don't break anything regardless of GMing style.

Wait a few levels and your GM will be incapable of producing a problem this character can't solve immediately. That is a problem with all Wizards, not just your build.

Your build wouldn't even be that bad if it wasn't for Sacred Geometry.
Diviner is broken, but only at high enough levels that any Wizard would be broken anyway, and I'll admit that I'm currently playing a Pact Wizard with the same Patron that you chose, because spell list sniping for status removal is awesome, especially in the absence of a real divine caster, but any GM that doesn't ban Sacred Geometry is either not experienced enough to know better or just doesn't understand how it works, and any player who takes advantage of that is a massive asshole.
>>
>>50571441
At least it didn't get ruined like Vanishing trooper did with its ultra edgy OGs remix https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VFIfaM1qoI
>>
>>50571399
I'd change the knowledge to nobility or history(swords!) personally.
Sense is interesting, but I would also add some sort of caveat for people who are the armament themselves, like monks/kineticists/other avowed.
Not sure about that last clause mechanically, I would do something more along the lines of glorious chainsaw swordchuck style.
>>
>>50571475
Hmm. Would you consider Grease and Glitterdust 'breaking' things?
>>
>>50568486

I am currently running Carrion Crown, so if you could give further advice it could great. My players just finish cleaning Harrowstone and are getting really into it. I just have some doubts about running the trial in the second part exactly as describe. What clues and leads to Vrood should there be for the PCs to find?
>>
>>50567731
Nothing that comes out of /pfg/
>>
File: considerthefollowing.png (722KB, 888x1325px) Image search: [Google]
considerthefollowing.png
722KB, 888x1325px
So last thread someone mentioned a Vigilante gestalt game, and I was thinking: would take make Council of Thieves fun? Like obviously you'd need to do some adjusting, but you could potentially have a cool superheroes vs evil league of evil scenario going on.
>>
>>50571506

Actually a good idea on the skill; though I might change it to both history and nobility, dropping climb entirely.
The Sense was not intended to pick up people who are themselves a weapon--a sort of underlying theme I was going for was 'arrogance', sort of like a self pact has. A Sword Pact avowed is so arrogant that it does not register 'people who are dangerous' as weapons--same reason it doesn't pick up on natural weapons or improvised weapons, such things are beneath the notice of a Lord of Swords.

You'll have to explain further as to what you mean by glorious chainsaw swordchuck style. I am rather fond of the fluff I have for the capstone--the 'every sword in existence now exists where you command it' seemed very fitting for the name of the clause.
>>
>>50571554
It wouldn't hurt
>>
File: 1479514575911.gif (147KB, 600x404px) Image search: [Google]
1479514575911.gif
147KB, 600x404px
>>50571554
I just want a nonlawful AP where you play AS a crew of thieves and/or criminal elements
>>
>>50571599
>he wants to be evil/neutral and have fun

I'm sorry anon, you're only allowed to be a plucky CG rebel in paizo APs and have fun
>>
>>50571560
Call me odd but the idea of a clause that just deals flat damage and deals it hit or miss doesn't sit well with me.
I'd figure something like being able to apply a single attack roll (or a full attack, I'm bad at number balancing) to every target within 60ft would be better, and letting it still count as an attack roll so that the targets could still try their own defenses etc.
The name is just a joke from exalted/8-bit concerning swords.
>>
>>50571508
No more than Color Spray or Create Pit.

They're save or suck spells, sure, and they can quickly end an encounter at low levels, but at those levels you don't have enough spell slots to do it consistently, and even when you reach a point where you can spam them a good GM can design encounters to avoid wiping from one spell through positioning or use of enemies that aren't particularly vulnerable to the save or sucks you tend to prepare..

You said earlier that your GM tends toward 1 or 2-encounter adventuring days, which inflates the power of these spells slightly, but ultimately they have nothing on later campaign-altering spells like Teleport, Planar Binding, and Simulacrum
>>
File: sj7v.jpg (45KB, 495x700px) Image search: [Google]
sj7v.jpg
45KB, 495x700px
>>50571475

I trust my GM to balance my character during the later levels; the GM certainly has not had trouble doing so up until this point.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (114KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
114KB, 1280x720px
So if i had a Master of Many Styles/ Sacred mountain Monk |Sacred Fist Warpriest gestalt

How would i go about making Akuma? I'm not talking about ki blasts and what not, i'm talking having an incredibly violent/ "Evil" fighting style focusing more on offense than defense.
>>
>>50571703
Well it's good that you trust him for this, but it will get exponentially harder for him to challenge you as you progress
>>
>>50571635

Well, originally it did rolled damage, but I did the math and found out what it did (damage equal to your aether blade plus aether channelling critting the targets on a hit, regular damage on a miss) was something like 20d8+200 with the way the rest of the pact was set up; deciding that was WAAAAY ot many dice to roll, I just maximized normal damage for hit, then halved that for a crit (that is, 10d8+50). It is still an attack roll, or it's still supposed to be anyway; stuff that defends against normal attacks can still defend against it, though at best it can reduce damage, not negate it.

Compare to the dragon pact's capstone, which is between 50 and 400 damage (average 225), split between five elements, save for half, in a 75 foot cone or 150 foot line.
>>
Question:

What are some good feats and blade talents for a Soul Knife?
Presume no War Soul, and no Gifted Blade.
>>
>tfw my character has been dead for a month now in game
my party has been spending 3 sessions SLOWLY taking it back to my village to have the shaman resurrect me
it's been getting quite funny sitting around at the table listening to them argue about why they're even doing this and if they even know it will work
>mfw i know it won't
>>
Meme me a meme, /pfg/, I need inspiration.
>>
>>50571803
Secondary note: 3.5 material is avalable, but I also have the psionics augmented stuff, ect, ect. I want to see the cool stuff the Soulknife has.
>>
>>50571869

Male Human Fighter using a sword and shield
>>
>>50571403
We all know what happens when you don't strike balance between opposing moral philosophies, assuming neither is objectively evil. You invite opposition and possibly destruction.
>>
>>50571869
Bard worshipping Iomedae with his divine Trumpet music.
>>
>>50571885
For some reason when I read that I immediately went to We Are Number One.
>>
alright lads
how do i MAXIMUM EXPLOSION with spheres of power?
>>
>>50571924
Incanter 1/Sphere Sorcerer Crossblooded Dragon/Orc 1/Elementalist X
>>
>>50571924
Might want to check a few threads back lad, we did that a couple different ways.
>>
File: mfw explosions.jpg (46KB, 1024x586px) Image search: [Google]
mfw explosions.jpg
46KB, 1024x586px
>>50571924
>>
>>50571869
Bard that got his fiddle from a duel with a Devil.
>>
>>50571944
time to try and see if my retard brain can find it

>>50571952
who is this?
>>
File: Iomedaen Bard.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Iomedaen Bard.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>50571905
It seems like I will have to TEACH you how to be PALADINS.
>>
Hey, anyone know of an old D&D creature that's basically an Elf with a unicorn horn?

I swear this was a thing but I can't find it anywhere.
>>
File: meguminexplosions.gif (271KB, 400x320px) Image search: [Google]
meguminexplosions.gif
271KB, 400x320px
>>50571974
>he wants to walk the path of explosions and he doesn't even know who megumin is
>>
>>50571971
I had one of those, except it was a Demon and the Harp he eventually ended up getting made everyone around him go insane in such a way that it made them all want to kill each other until they were the only one that could hear the music it played.
>>
>>50571879

the easiest way to explain it, i think, is as Altruism and Objectivism.

Way of the Open Palm is the "High Path" a follower of this philosophy is expected to actively assist in lessening chaos, resisting and removing tyranny, and providing assistance in lessening the burdens of others.

The Path of the Closed Fist is the Path of discord and agression. Those who follow the Closed Fist believe that strength is power and that power allows them to impose their will. While not nessiarily evil. An evil man may ignore a plea for help because he doesn't care. A Practitioner of the Closed Fist may ignore the plea ignores the plea because that person will survive on their own if they are strong enough. They may help if it is within their best interest or if the obstacles are unreasonable.
>>
>>50571995
i don't watch cartoons, sorry
i don't even watch regular tv shows either
>>
>>50571952
>>50571974
Long story short, you're gonna want to look for that image when you're on the hunt for the post I'm referring to. Shouldn't be more than a thread or two back.
>>
File: 1477543932709.jpg (131KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1477543932709.jpg
131KB, 960x960px
>>50572022
>i don't watch cartoons, sorry
>i don't even watch regular tv shows either

is this u?
>>
>>50572034

That man has a large head
>>
>>50571924
Long story short, it involves using Quicken like three times. Once alongside another metamagic to bump it up to a Move action, once as a swift normally, then once using a swift you stole from your future self using Shift Time.

It typically also involves Soulfire to provide the heinous amount of SP needed.
>>
File: dead inside megumin.png (755KB, 767x720px) Image search: [Google]
dead inside megumin.png
755KB, 767x720px
>>50572027
>>50572022
>HE DOESN'T EVEN WATCH CHINESE LITTLE GIRL CARTOONS
>WHILE HE POSTS ON A CHINESE LITTLE GIRL CARTOONS IMAGE BOARD
>HE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW WHO MEGUMIN IS
>>
>>50572034
Honestly this guy's head just reminded me of this.

https://youtu.be/R_FQU4KzN7A

>>50572054
Your anime isn't as important or pervasive as you think it is.
>>
>>50572034
Not him.

I don't really watch tv at all, I just sort of stopped when I was 15. At most I might torrent something. I only really know about Konosuba through cultural osmosis.
>>
>>50572034
no
i don't have cable
my internet is absolute trash for streaming video
l
>>
File: boobslap.gif (3MB, 614x278px) Image search: [Google]
boobslap.gif
3MB, 614x278px
>>50572059
>he's posting on /tg/ right now and he hasn't watched konosuba
>>
>>50572059
Yeah, in the greater world. On most boards on 4chan, and specifically on /tg/ it's ubiquitous.
>>
>>50572078
I haven't watched it either, anon.
>>
File: is this all there is to life.gif (4MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
is this all there is to life.gif
4MB, 480x270px
>>50572092
why the tits not
>>
File: 1477432275967.png (220KB, 452x687px) Image search: [Google]
1477432275967.png
220KB, 452x687px
>>50572104
I'm busy.
>>
File: bloody journey of magic!.jpg (44KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
bloody journey of magic!.jpg
44KB, 480x480px
>>50572149
its worth your time desu, actually decent animu is rare
>>
File: 1477945501113.png (886KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1477945501113.png
886KB, 900x900px
>>50572069
>>50572066
wow you guys sound like some really fun dudes
>>
>>50572204
seriously.
>>
>>50572204
is this some /pol/ meme
sorry i don't spend enough money on internet that would let me watch your precious cartoon
>>
>>50572240
>I DON'T SPEND ENOUGH MONEY ON INTERNET

Probably because you're too busy fucking grooming your beard and buying fancy fucking coffee you hipster trash
>>
>>50571475
>Wait a few levels and your GM will be incapable of producing a problem this character can't solve immediately. That is a problem with all Wizards, not just your build.
I mean if you're an incompetent GM, sure.
>>
>>50572253
more like
>i live in an eastern european shit hole of a country
>>
>>50572253
I don't like drinking coffee either.
>>
>>50572262
>its a really underground eastern european country, you've probably never heard of it.

>>50572271
Do you like anything you fucking emo trash?

Or are you just 15?
>>
>>50571336
>True Seeing
Yes
>flat footed touch AC
For one he can't be caught flat footed and two he had Smash From The Air. What's your To Hit?

>>50571327
I thought Deathward did?

Is there a way to become immune to negative levels because I thought Deathward does that.
>>
>>50572286
Deathward does not make you immune to negative levels. If you have enough negative levels they will kill you regardless of a death ward.
>>
>>50571803
Augmented Blade, Brutality Blade, Psychic Armory?

Soulbolt into Soul-Archer at the very least...

But 3.5 soulknife, early Pathfinder soulknife, and modern soulknife are very, very very different things, anon. And honestly the former two are kinda trash so we need to know how much new material you've got access to. At a minimum don't touch soulknife if you don't at least have ultimate psionics and even then you'll be dipping aegis for a bit.
>>
>>50572281
i mean i wouldn't be surprised if you've never heard of albania, i don't even like it
>>
>>50572292
You would need to do more than 9 enervation rays per round at minimum. Or be invisible and more than 120 feet away from him so he can't blind sense you so he isn't aware of the attack.

Though he becomes aware after the first one and you become visible again.

So on average 10 wizards could do it using enervation from more than 120 feet away.
>>
>>50572328
are you fucking retarded anon.

5 level 13 wizards, quicken true strike onto self, each casts a maximized enervation.
>>
File: Fire Emblem Rennac.png (173KB, 252x567px) Image search: [Google]
Fire Emblem Rennac.png
173KB, 252x567px
Thread is at bump limit, post character themes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H14e9pOVJA
>>
>>50572349

She'll never get played, but sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqaJGIO1-bA
>>
>>50572349
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kph8r0Rh6M8
>>
>>50572341
Wizard kill teams!

They have to do it a second time because his sword can resurrect him.

Then he becomes undead and gets stronger when they enervate him.
>>
>>50572401
level 14 they can do it twice no problem.

WIZARD KILL TEAMS SOLVE ALL PROBLEMS.

Even if he's an undead he'll still die with enough negative levels

NEGATIVE LEVELS SOLVE EVERYTHING.
>>
>>50572349
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3472Q6kvg0

I promise it makes sense.
>>
File: shizuka.jpg (106KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
shizuka.jpg
106KB, 848x1200px
>>50572349
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfwteoZCvoY
>>
>>50572435
alternatively
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h17ZV6a-tSU
>>
File: Uncle_remus_improved_screenshot.jpg (51KB, 634x477px) Image search: [Google]
Uncle_remus_improved_screenshot.jpg
51KB, 634x477px
>>50572022
>i don't watch cartoons, sorry
>anime
>cartoons
Oh lawdy, /a/ and /co/ would have conniption fits if they saw this
>>
>>50567865
Was the Furkas Xoud fight difficult for you? What was your party in iron gods?
>>
>>50572349

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UbZhE39-As
>>
>>50571041
No, my monk follows the way of the extended hand.
>>
>>50572401
>>50572428
And remember, he's up against Nex. If anyone could put together a wizard kill team, it's Nex.

(Though with Necromancy... maybe not.)
>>
>>50572495
>Nex an Geb put aside their differences to combine their forces and defeat this greater threat
>>
>>50572495
Did you know that Nex was also really Hot?
No wonder that Forehead McChinless AKA Geb was so angry at him.
>>
So /pfg/ I've wanted to write something for a while. I'm finally trying to get off my lazy ass and do it. I wanna make a gish. Not along the lines of a magus, chanelling spells through melee attacks, but more along the lines of a hellknight signifier. A more aster-focused character, who does their job (typically from knightly roles) in heavy armor.

I'm not a pro, so a lot of tweaking is gonna be needed, but the basic ideas I'm thinking of so far are these:
>proficient in all armors, arcane armor feats for free, losing ACP as a class feature by 7 or 10.
>Fewer spells per day than a core caster, but a class feature similar to an enhanced spell-storing in their armor. (Very literally using it as a backup battery of spells)
>High Health, Low BAB
>Order/school type specialties, with features that can aid class features like armor stored spells, or sacrifice spells for significant (i.e. not round/level BAB boosts)

I'm a lazy asshole, and though I've got some basic shit together, I'd like to hear some thoughts or ideas, if anyone feels like sharing. Also, I'm trying to find a name for this concept that isn't half-assed as all the unfortunate ones I can think of.
>>
>>50572609
a cleric?
>>
File: ElenaAkuma.jpg (108KB, 809x454px) Image search: [Google]
ElenaAkuma.jpg
108KB, 809x454px
>>50571721
Akuma (demon) or Gouki (Fortitude / Great Ogre) fights with the "Surge of Murderous Intent". He venerates strength and wants people to reach their true strength, and he likes to try and bring that out by fighting them (often lowering his strength to theirs) - but when he pulls out his true power its all about the most murderous techniques out there.

His techniques either draw on darker energy, or they're explicitly more lethal. Gohadoken instead of Hadoken. Tatsumaki Zankuukyaku (*slicing* huricane kick) instead of Tatsumaki Senpukyaku.

Then he has the special moves like the Shun Goku Satsu and shit like the Kongou Kokuretsu Zan (vajra: province rending slash). Much like Asura, Akuma is feeds off of and is empowered by humankinds *negative* emotions like he's a true asura of indian myth.

He's an anti-hero that can still be pretty nice at times. I mean he hugs elena!
>>
>>50572609
so like, shield in one hand, spells in the other? Might be cool.
>>
>>50572624
My bad, I should have specified. Looking to make it arcane. an arcane caster-knight.
>>
>>50572641
arcane duelist bard.
>>
>>50572630
I honestly hadn't even considered shields, but it could be, yeah. I mean, in a world with magic, some chivalrous dudes had to figure out that it's a good idea, and some mages surely would have found a way to make armor work with casting, with all the other crazy shit weve got. My biggest inspiration here is the signifier, but trying to divorce it from the hellknights, and make it into a full base class option. Unfortunately for my lazy ass, that means adding more flavor denominations.
>>
>>50572609
>Fewer spells per day than a core caster, but a class feature similar to an enhanced spell-storing in their armor. (Very literally using it as a backup battery of spells)
That's literally just Spellscribed Armor you just described.
Anyone can get that
>>
>>50572641
Chelish Diva bard? Gets heavy armor.
>>
>>50572609
And you aren't just taking the Signifier PrC because why?
>>
>>50572468
Hello, is this robot?
>>
Is Spheres of Power the best magic system out there?

Psionics is too video-gamey
Vancian is broken inside and out
Akashic is a lot of book-keeping
Kineticist talents are limited but cool
Pact Magic was neat but the second Augunas touched it... y'know. /Stuff happened/.
Truenaming a shit

Prove me wrong somehow, but Spheres of Power is so much better than all of them.
>>
>>50572652
>>50572667
Bards have real spells? I'm not being sarcastic, I might have legitimately missed this somewhere, instead of the 'bard list.'

>>50572663
Yes. Very much like spellscribed armor. Except functioning as more of a class battery, rather than a money sink. Casting spells into it, where it stores them based on class level, rather than armor type, expend later, have to refill from your own spell list.

>>50572684
Because I'm looking for something other than a devil summoning douchebag, and want to start on the process from the get go, and potentially through twenty levels, rather than jumping through PrC hoops to only have part of my character's career be what I want.
>>
>>50572698
Psionics is better

>OPINIONS
>>
File: 1470352285253.jpg (36KB, 353x356px) Image search: [Google]
1470352285253.jpg
36KB, 353x356px
>>50572698
Spheres can also be broken the fuck apart, trivially.
>>
>>50572703
The Bard Spell list is no fucking joke homeslice.
>>
>>50572698
There may be better ones out there.
Afterall, Spheres is far from perfect.
But it's currently the beat I know of. Though I would've if people where to show up with any better ones at some point
>>
>>50572713
Again, poor wording. No excuse, but it's late for me. I know that bards can do many, many awesome things with their list. But it feels a lot less like a spellcaster, than the knightly mage I'm trying to create. No hate to bards there, just a different flavor than intended.
>>
>>50572711
Only for either combat, or any one singular role.
You can never reach T1 with spheres, maybe a mid T2 at best, and that's with heavy minmaxing
>>
>>50572698

Spheres sounds like some wacky weaboo version of Elements of Magic (which was already a wacky weaboo version of Ars Magica converted to d20)
>>
>>50572703
So in otherwords, you want to have your cake and eat it right out of the gate
>>
>>50572743
>Conjuration
>>
>>50572742
the fuck would a 'knightly mage' need

just fucking port the warmage from 3.5 then.
>>
>>50572762
The flavor of armored spellcaster? Yes. Kind of like how magus gets swordy spellcaster right out of the gate.
>>
>>50572698
>Psionics is too video-gamey
Fuck off.
>>
New Thread >>50572776
>>50572776
>>50572776
>>50572776
>>50572776
>>
>>50572698
I like psionics, but I have issues with how restricted some classes like wilder are on their power lists... and they can only access the "general" schools with no access to more special schools like ones that allow teleportation.
>>
>>50572240
>paying to watch anime
>paying for any service
wow, do you even use google, or do you assume that requires a fee as well?
>>
>>50572349
Theme of: Man, pummeling style is awesome.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8XaV1yjabk
>>
File: 1480532433831.jpg (116KB, 1000x652px) Image search: [Google]
1480532433831.jpg
116KB, 1000x652px
>>50572087
>on /tg/ it's ubiquitous.

Seiryu Ubiquitous?
>>
Hey guys, I'd like to ask for some backstory help.

I'm making a paladin of Sarenrae for the WotR campaign (Stolen Fury), and I was wondering where was a good place to come from.
>>
>>50572078
fight the titty monster!
>>
>>50574574
What's wrong with Mendev?
>>
>>50574866
Nothing's wrong with Mendev except I don't know much about Golarion. I'll look it up - thanks.
>>
i'm suprised this hasn't fallen off the board yet.
Thread posts: 363
Thread images: 81

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.