[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Forgotten Realms General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 101

Forgotten Realms General

Old thread: >>50504655
>>
File: FR Grey Box Half-elf.jpg (1MB, 721x2474px) Image search: [Google]
FR Grey Box Half-elf.jpg
1MB, 721x2474px
>>50561565
Damn but I love Keith Parkinson's covers in the grey box.

Also the hottest half-elf ever.
>>
DID YOU KNOW •
Original Dungeons and Dragons' name was "Catacombs and Monsters"
>>
>>50561613
>going commando

Must be that elven blood.
>>
>>50561681
No, I didn't.

>>50561613
It will be a long time before that kind of artwork is popular in games again. Everything is too anime inspired.

You can't really tell she's a half-elf. With her ears covered, she looks like a human.
>>
sup /tg/, I need that picture of Elminster raiding Ed Greenwood's fridge.
>>
File: wizard in the kitchen.jpg (180KB, 534x900px) Image search: [Google]
wizard in the kitchen.jpg
180KB, 534x900px
>>50561812
Yo.

>>50561750
Comparing 1st and 2nd Ed AD&D artwork with 3.0 onwards is like a paradigm shift. Before, you had more or less realistic proportions, weapons, clothes, and afterwards its big muscles, caricatured features, pauldrons, belts, pouches, more pouches, more belts, unwieldy, butt ugly and downright impractical weapons and foot-long elf ears. I want the old style back, damn it.

Also, at least in the grey box, that cute half-elf passing as human was actually mentioned in the fluff. Since Faerun half-elves look like slimmer, more delicate humans (no elf ears), they can usually pass as human for a time. The only thing marking them as half-elves is that they take some features from their elven parent (if it's a moon elf, you'll be pale and have some blueish colouring round your ears, a half-gold elf will have a nice bronzed skin, etc.)
>>
File: problem, peasant.jpg (94KB, 343x746px) Image search: [Google]
problem, peasant.jpg
94KB, 343x746px
Since I mentioned the 3.x art, this is the most reasonably-kitted out person I can remember (and appropriately it's from the City of Splendours book). Otherwise its weirdly shaped shields, giant axes with holes in them, and belts and pouches all the way.

And this guy's evil. Apparently sometimes falling from grace doesn't involve black leather and spiky armour.
>>
File: 1480777807661.png (778KB, 945x801px) Image search: [Google]
1480777807661.png
778KB, 945x801px
why do you keep making this thread
>>
>>50562488
?
>>
File: 1454970714129.jpg (430KB, 1044x759px) Image search: [Google]
1454970714129.jpg
430KB, 1044x759px
>>50555427
>>50558719
>>50558893
>>50558927
>Remember the book where Arilyn enslaved Danilo's soul to her sword

Remember the time Danilo asked her to marry him and she was like "I need time to think about it and find myself" and then she went and fucked some Wild Elf, lost her virginity to him it was played off as something good because Danilo had more/other experiences with women before here? Yeaaaaah.

>Elaine Cunningham
I do think she is a rather good writer but everytime it comes to Arilyn its like her talent goes elsewhere for a smoke and only come back when she starts writing about something else.

>Because he was a shit ton more human than her, although still elf enough that he could bond with the moonblade, so for him, it was truly the only way they could be together forever. Since she was doomed to watch him grow old, and then lose his mostly human soul to a human afterlife.

If remember during Elfshadow she was in her 40s or her 60s. Sure he still dies before her but its not like they wont grow old together seeing as Half-Elves got 150 years old or something.
>>
>>50563091
>Remember the time Danilo asked her to marry him and she was like "I need time to think about it and find myself" and then she went and fucked some Wild Elf, lost her virginity to him it was played off as something good because Danilo had more/other experiences with women before her?

I know three people who were not okay with that including myself.
The first one was basically saying it made Arylin a slut and therefore unworthy of Danilo, which of course is basically just sexism. Somewhat predictably the guy in question is still a virgin at 32 now.
Me and the other were basically saying it's bad because she decided that she cared more about having random sex with someone just to experience it first then she did about Danilo because she went RIGHT back to him afterwords. If it mattered to her so much she should have just broken up with him and then done her own thing for awhile, not done the equivalent of fucking a stripper at a bachelor party just because you feel inadequate somehow (like that shit even matters in a serious relationship).
>>
File: Worried_Laughter.gif (413KB, 300x166px) Image search: [Google]
Worried_Laughter.gif
413KB, 300x166px
>>50563429
>which of course is basically just sexism. Somewhat predictably the guy in question is still a virgin at 32 now.
>which of course is basically just sexism.
>Somewhat predictably
>still a virgin at 32
>just sexism
>still a virgin

Cant tell if legit SJW, hilarious lack of self-awareness or just female.
>>
File: desert_naga_by_malxii-d7c4r25.jpg (370KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
desert_naga_by_malxii-d7c4r25.jpg
370KB, 1600x1600px
Does anyone here play in the Forgotten Realms using a system other than D&D?
>>
>>50563986
Sounds pretty pointless to me. I understand stuff like Eberron conversion to SW, but FR is forever supported and inherently D&Dish.
>>
>>50563986
When 4e started there was a community of realms players talking about moving over to using runequest to play FR based on AD&D lore.
>>
>>50563662
>Cant tell if legit SJW, hilarious lack of self-awareness or just female.
Aren't those all the same thing?
>>
File: Smiling Lolth.png (497KB, 500x686px) Image search: [Google]
Smiling Lolth.png
497KB, 500x686px
>>50563986
I used Pathfinder the last time I played.
>>
>>50563986
Every fantasy game I run I convert to Dungeoneer *(advanced fighting fantasy). It's easy to just sit and play. It has its own setting, but can easily cover just about anything.
>>
>>50561681
pics or it didn't happen.
>>
File: FR.gif (31KB, 250x277px) Image search: [Google]
FR.gif
31KB, 250x277px
since WOTC isn't going to use any other setting in the foreseeable future

what's a good way to get into the Forgotten Realms?
>>
File: 1455040836053.jpg (167KB, 650x812px) Image search: [Google]
1455040836053.jpg
167KB, 650x812px
>>50565294
Well what got me hooked before I even knew what Tabletop was were actually the Novels. Someone gifted me one of the Anthology-Books. I think it was "Realms of the Deep" or something.
After that I got the other Anthologies, then the Icewind Trilogy etc. Or you could try one of the games.
>>
>>50565294
That depends.
The realms community tends to have a few different groups:
The people who like the setting and the potential it has for huge plots and ridiculous shit, like the greybox and other older material.
People who tend to be more in love with the characters and potential interactions will tell you to look up the novels, as there are a few actually good ones.
People who only got into the FR in the past few years tend to prefer the 3e FRCS, or the 5e SCAG.

Downsides are for all of them of course, the old FR material is not at all reflective of the way D&D has evolved, nor of the way WotC wants to handle the setting, the entire King's Thunder adventure is based on a massive retcon of giant lore, and further bastardizations from there, combined with a lot of little changes in FR lore that have started since 3e and only got bigger as the years have gone on.
It should be said I do mean changes as opposed to evolving the setting, old lore kind of pushed FR to be late renaissance pushing into a potential industrial revolution coming, guns, printing presses, greater love of building up potential technologies, even Netheril was implied to have been more magitech as opposed to just magic, but WotC remove all of that in favor of a more medieval fantasy feeling.
There's also the Drow having magical cybernetic limbs, but let's not get into that.

The novels tend to teach a setting that is very different from the way the setting actually plays, and can encourage some of the more infamous bad habits that you hear about on forums, particularly in regards to favoritism towards certain characters. There are many DMs who can get passed this, but every so often you find the one who can't. The novels also occasionally throw all logic and lore out the window for the sake of publisher mandate.

And of course, 3e FRCS, while it is popular and famous for making the setting easier to digest for people, simplification came with dumbing down.
>>
>>50565564
>the entire King's Thunder adventure is based on a massive retcon of giant lore

Wait, what happened? I haven't read Giantcraft in ages.
>>
File: Threat From the Sea (Don Maitz).jpg (116KB, 1165x480px) Image search: [Google]
Threat From the Sea (Don Maitz).jpg
116KB, 1165x480px
>>50565431
I read that in October, along with the Threat from the Sea trilogy.

In my next campaign, the PCs will start in Chessenta before the Sharksbane Wall explodes.
>>
>>50563662
Not an SJW or lacking self awareness.
Nor am I a virgin or female.
That's just something I've noticed; the weirder, nerdier slut-shaming guys who both desire and insult women at the same time out of bitterness tend to not get much action because just like guys can see it written all over other guys, girls can see it written all over them too and it's an incredibly unattractive feature to a partner in general.
This was one of those guys who seemed ONLY capable of looking down upon women (every conversation about them was just FILLED with bitterness when it came to him, to an almost comical degree) and yet fawned over them in a pathetic and transparent attempt to get laid. Never worked, still hasn't, and the rest of my friends are engaged, married, or have long-term partners.
>>
>>50567634
>slut-shaming

Ah, so SJW then. Case closed.
>>
>>50568261
Whatever makes you feel better buddy.
Personally I never felt the need to crusade for women's rights; my lack of a vagina led me to believe I wasn't really qualified to get involved in that kinda thing. Felt vaguely dishonest to me.

I actually was speaking of things that get you laid versus what do not get you laid.
>>
>>50565564
>It should be said I do mean changes as opposed to evolving the setting, old lore kind of pushed FR to be late renaissance pushing into a potential industrial revolution coming, guns, printing presses, greater love of building up potential technologies, even Netheril was implied to have been more magitech as opposed to just magic, but WotC remove all of that in favor of a more medieval fantasy feeling.

I really liked the early-Renaissance technology level of 2e Faerun.
It made sense given the level of urban development in parts of Faerun and the relative commonality of plate armor suits and coinage all over the place. They even have bankers/money-changers in places like Waterdeep and developed merchant guilds that span multiple nations and city-states.
>>
>>50565564
>There's also the Drow having magical cybernetic limbs, but let's not get into that.

Where is THAT from?
>>
>>50568579
That's from a 2e sourcebook. It's basically exactly that too: Drow had one-off magitech limbs they'd staple to themselves for laughs. And for punching people with.
>>
>>50567510
It started with the ordning being a mystical magical thing as opposed to a part of the culture. Then into the way the giants handle themselves, and some of the giantkin (Firbolgs being the big example) faced massive changes in even what they are, though that mostly came in Volo's Guide to Monsters.
It spirals from there.

>>50568487
Agreed. Part of the charm of early Faerun was that it went away from the "everything must be medieval britain" thing, and spoke of how evolutions in tech and guilds had changed the landscape considerably, to the point that guilds and cults were more important than just one wizard.
Of course, this changed before the end of 2e though. Greenwood very much wanted folks like Elminster to not be "be all, end all" characters, but TSR demanded that the novels follow super powered characters for better sales, and they also pushed for the setting to incorporate more medieval elements (the moonshae isles were originally completely different, but TSR said "let's turn it into arthurian legend land!).

>>50568579
The original Drow of the Underdark, in the section about Drow Artisans. As I recall it talks about how something like 3% of drow are practically savants when it comes to incorporating magic with metallurgy. The result being that drow structures and creations are often superior to even that of the dwarves, but fall apart as soon as the artisan who invented it gets killed in a siege or kidnapped because the drow are so secretive on how the stuff actually works that even their other workers have no idea on how to maintain it. It then went into how the drow have some crazy experimental technology through these artisans, including prosthetic limbs that can move and function as a real limb and even be upgraded to be strong enough to rip through metal, or eject blades for stabbing. That is accompanied with a picture of a drow woman flexing her cyber-arm while standing naked with her back to the camera, and an artisan watching her.
>>
>>50568668
I always figured the drow cities would have really great magical innovations but that they wouldn't necessarily found in all the different drow cities because they don't exactly share information or trade due to their paranoia.
>>
>>50568690
>and spoke of how evolutions in tech and guilds had changed the landscape considerably, to the point that guilds and cults were more important than just one wizard.

Notably, the rise of an actual coinage based economy allowed adventurers to become an actual legit professional choice (albeit a dangerous one with a high-casualty rate).

>(the moonshae isles were originally completely different, but TSR said "let's turn it into arthurian legend land!).

I actually portrayed in in my last game like Witcher'a Skellige Isles; way older fashioned and more rural and generally considered hugely backward by the mainland.
The fact that the names for shit in the Moonshaes are kinda Skellige-ey and the weird "Scots-Norse/Norse-Gael" thing they had going on fits the Shaes too.
>>
Helm sees all

Know that, and be judged
>>
>>50568791
I'm going to steal that Skellige idea, I find that far more interesting than their default set-up.
>>
File: gold edition.jpg (27KB, 590x259px) Image search: [Google]
gold edition.jpg
27KB, 590x259px
>>50569651
>>
Who is the best goodly god and why is it Lathander?
>>
>>50571386
I believe you mean Chauntea.
And it's because her followers preach that you should put buns in every oven you can.
>>
>>50563091
>not saving dat pic as "YOU DAMN KIDS GET OFF MY FRONT LAWN!!!"
>>
>>50571386
It will never be Baby-Eater Lathander. Best good god is clearly superior Torm.
>>
>>50571386
>>50571955
Forget the "best goodly god", I want to know which god is the most powerful god of arcane knowledge and or healing?
>>
>>50572018
>most powerful god of arcane knowledge
Mystra, literal embodiment of magic. She knows all you can know about magic. If you want scholarly lore instead, you want Azuth. If you want divination-related lore, Savras. If necromancy, Velsharoon.

>healing
Ilmater, literal god of martyrs and healing, full stop.
>>
>>50572018
Arcane knowledge is Mystra, without a doubt. Runners-up would be Oghma, Azuth, and Savras.

>>50571386
Best goodly god is obviously Tyr or Torm. Reminder that Torm during the Time of Troubles actually tried to help the place he landed in, and when he died fighting off Bane to protect mortals, Ao was impressed enough that he resurrected him at the end.
>>
>>50564542
Pathfinder is just D&D 3.5.5
>>
File: 1385959904359.jpg (203KB, 597x900px) Image search: [Google]
1385959904359.jpg
203KB, 597x900px
>>50571386
Amaunator bitch!
>>
>>50571955
>>50571386
Baby-Eater Lathander is the hero we need.
>>
>>50568668
Didn't that sourcebook also have a thing that Drow could stab someone with and it would suck out all their blood in like 2 rounds
>>
>>50574909
Literally what.
>>
>>50572119
Fun fact: Ao has only answered a single prayer, ever. It was to an orog who wanted to be a paladin of Torm.

>Shield of Innocence took the bloodstained amulet from about his neck and laid it on Stillhawk's unmoving breast. "O Torm," he prayed, "O True and Brave, please listen! Your dog begs you, do not let this soul slip out of the world. No one is truer and braver than he, and we have—"
>He coughed up blood. "We have not enough hands to fight the evil that waits below. I know... I have not served you long enough to earn the power to bring him back. And I won't ever, for this day I die, Lord. But please... please give him back his life, for his sake, for those poor brave women down there, for this whole world."
>Tears streamed down his cheeks. "Good Torm, I beg you!"
>A shimmer in the stinking air before him. A tiny point of radiance, intolerably bright, expanding to a miniature sun. The brilliance dazzled his light-sensitive eyes, threatened to burn them out, yet it filled his soul with warmth and peace such as he had never known.
>Shield of Innocence, a voice said in his mind, who well have justified your name: you alone of mortals on this world have I addressed through all the ages, and you alone shall I so address. Torm hears you, and through Him, I hear. My name has been taken in vain. You have chosen to redress this evil, knowing what the cost would be. So be it: your wish is granted.
>The light flared, expanded, enveloped Shield so that it seemed he would be consumed by it, as by the heart of a sun. Then it went out.
>The ranger opened his eyes.
>"O Torm!" the orog wept. "O Ao All-Father, I thank you!"
>>
>>50575019
Are you certain the one who answered the prayer wasn't Lathander?
>>
File: drow in the 80s.jpg (126KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
drow in the 80s.jpg
126KB, 768x1024px
>>50574984
I read about on a D&D fansite like a decade ago, it also talked about the Cybernetics so I assumed it was a real thing
>>
>>50575048
Yes, because nobody has the balls to try and imitate Ao.
>>
>>50575054
Found it
Blood Spigots
These ingenious and devilish devices are used by ramming them into the flesh of a target and standing back. Their clever design forms a vacuum which sucks the blood and other fluids from the body of the target at an alarming rate. The spigot can be removed with a successful Strength check (DC 20). If the victim wishes to remove the spigot himself, he must make a successful Will save (DC 20) in order to build up the nerve to tear it out, but no such roll is necessary if the subject is willing to let someone else tear the weapon from his flesh. Removing the spigot causes 1d6 points of damage.
A blood spigot is a Small Martial Melee weapon that causes 1d4 points of piercing damage on a successful strike. If it scores maximum damage or a critical hit (x3 multiplier), it is stuck in the body of the victim and begins siphoning his blood out at a rate of 1d4 hit points of additional damage per round. Note that this does not work on undead, plants, constructs, or other creatures without a circulatory system.
Cost: 100 gp; Weight: 1 lb.
>>
>>50575061
Yeah, not with that attitude you can't.

>>50575085
This is amazing. Why don't they create stuff like this anymore?
>>
Discuss Kossuth.
>>
File: trump greybox.png (61KB, 590x259px) Image search: [Google]
trump greybox.png
61KB, 590x259px
>>50569924
>>
>>50575403
Can't hold a flame to Lathander.
>>
>>50575579
Stop Shilling for Lathander, he's a shitty God with a shitty domain.
Kossuth drinks flames so brilliant and grand that Latjander would go blind just to look at them.
>>
File: FRCS - Dead Three (cerviero).jpg (125KB, 840x630px) Image search: [Google]
FRCS - Dead Three (cerviero).jpg
125KB, 840x630px
>>50569235
He didn't see who stole the Tablets of Fate.

He didn't see Avner, the Seraph of Death rescue Mystra.
>>
>>50575714
>he's a shitty God with a shitty domain
Citation needed.

>Kossuth drinks flames so brilliant and grand that Latjander would go blind just to look at them
This is a fucking useless ability. Also Lathander is immune to light-, heat-, and fire-based attacks. Your move, Kosshite.
>>
>>50569235
>>50575953
You have to understand Helm is mentally challenged.
>>
>>50577176
I'm fairly certain Helm just spends a lot of time watching Sune's place.
>>
>>50569511
It's not even that far off honestly which is why I thought of it.
>Druids
>All their castles have "Caer" in the name like Welsh ones
>Lots of sailing
>More rural then the mainland, lots of monsters everywhere
>Everyone is Scottish (the Priestess from BG1), except also fifty percent of the culture is Vikings (Northlanders) despite the accent
>Nominal high king in some eras but actually divided up into highly independent feudal domains

It's more like Skellige then it is Arthurian Romance what with Arthurian Romance being more influenced by French chivalric romanticism more often then not.
>>
>>50578437
If he does that, I wonder how he manages to watch over anything else at all, since Sune has roomies, Hanali Celanil and Sharess. Two goddesses of love and beauty and the goddess of... festhalls would probably be worth a shitload of gp on pay-per-view.

Maybe Helm should talk about it with Waukeen.
>>
>>50579881
Is Waukeen even taking Helm's calls? After all, he failed to notice (or care) that she was kidnapped for awhile.
>>
>>50579881
I wonder who they invite over for their parties.

>>50579929
I still find Waukeen's whole kidnapping to be a weird affair.
"Fuck this mortal realm bullshit, I'm going to make a deal with the prince of pleasure to sneak back into the outer planes through his place."
"Oh no, totally-not-slaanesh has decided to betray me and keep me as an honored guest of his castle where everything is a constant celebration."
"I'll just wait a little bit before even trying to let anyone know I'm down here though, no reason, definitely has nothing to do with the fact that the demon lord of sex is keeping me in his private chambers."

I'm just saying, if Helm noticed he was probably considering that a sister channel to watching sune.
>>
File: evergold.jpg (187KB, 546x739px) Image search: [Google]
evergold.jpg
187KB, 546x739px
>>50580034
Lliira, for one, but I bet the ladies ask for Milil and Torm frequently too. You have to have some beefcake too.

>>50579929
>failed to notice (or care) that she was kidnapped

Wasn't this because Waukeen was held by a god-equivalent and it's hard to impossible to find out if a god is hiding or hidden (like the business with Cyric's sword)? To be honest, I don't remember the specifics of Waukeen's return from imprisonment.
>>
>>50568690
>(the moonshae isles were originally completely different, but TSR said "let's turn it into arthurian legend land!)
Funny, because I've always seen it as not!Ireland. What between the divided clannish monarchy, not!viking invading and settling the north, fey bullshit everywhere with all the specifically irish inspired pieces of myth like fomorians and fey courts, etc..
>>
File: unf.jpg (57KB, 276x306px) Image search: [Google]
unf.jpg
57KB, 276x306px
>>50578437
>>50579881
>>50580034
>sune kidnapped, fun times in bondage

I'm pretty sure I know why Helm failed to find and rescue her quickly.
>>
>>50581522
Arthurian is perhaps the wrong term. The story to the moonshae is that it was made during the time period when TSR was buying and making new properties every other week so as to sell more game books. At one point they got a submission for a game that takes place entirely in an England based setting with fey, magic, irish, vikings, a magical legendary sword given to a one true king, and so on. TSR then said that was cool but that it wasn't worth its own game/setting.
>>
>>50569651
>MFAGA
>MyFAGA
>MyFAROG
>The answer is obvious...Trump is a wannabe-viking!
>>
>>50582387
Waukeen was kidnapped, not Sune. Also, Loviatar is already god of BDSM, so if Helm's into that (he might be), he can watch Loviatar.
>>
>>50578860
>Everyone is Scottish (the Priestess from BG1)

Wasn't she from the same island Jagaerda in the Savage Frontier games was from? I think she mentioned being from Vikingland and buggering off since the local priesthood of Tempus was a sausagefest. Jagaerda, of course, adhered to the Kull law (has axe, is a ruler) and gave zero shits about the local priests.
>>
>>50576961
>Immune
Bitch, the time of fire based attacks Kossuth will conjure will rip your petty Lathander a new one.
Not matter how immune, nigga can't even spend a minute where Kossuth lives.
>>
Tips for running for Ruins of Adventure? in 5e
>>
>>50584979
Tell your party to get a cleric, you can't do Sokol Keep without one.
>>
>>50585264
>Sokal Keep

Thank Sune the keep passwords are in that module, but I think the one in the Stojanow River pyramid (NOKNOK) is missing.

Pool of Radiance a best.
>>
>>50584706
The Elemental Plane of Fire? Lathander's fire immunity says he can totally chill there, he just don't wanna because fuck fire.
>>
>>50584706
>doesn't even explain how Kosshite is the better god
>starts blathering about how Kosshite will rekt Lathander when Lathander is explicitly immune to those attacks
>Lathander is also immune to fire as a sun god see >>50585900

Your move.
>>
>>50568791
>moonshae
Heres the thing about the setting - originally the Moonshaes werent even part of the Realms

[from drivethru rpgs product history of the moonshae module/guide]
>http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/16803/FR2-Moonshae-1e?it=1

>UK Origins. In the mid '80s, TSR UK was producing creative products such as the "UK" adventures, Imagine magazine, and a variety of other RPG supplements. Around this time, they decided to also create a "British Dragonlance" — a new, epic multimedia setting. Like the original Dragonlance, it would be supported by both novels and adventures. Douglas Niles was in charge of the novel and he got it partly written before TSR UK's creative department was shut down in 1986 — which left the novel without a home.

>Meanwhile, Jeff Grubb and Ed Greenwood were preparing the Forgotten Realms for publication by the main TSR offices in Wisconsin; they wanted novels to support that line, but didn’t have time to write them on their own because they were working on the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting (1987) and the impending line of “FR” sourcebooks. As Niles' partly written novel was traditional (Celtic) fantasy, it was a pretty good fit for the Realms.

>Grubb and Greenwood threw out the Moonshae Islands that had been used in Greenwood's own Realms campaign and replaced them with the setting of Niles’ book. The novel, Darkwalker on Moonshae (1987), was then released as one of the first two Forgotten Realms products in May 1987 — alongside the compiled I3-5: Desert of Desolation (1987) adventure; it was so early in the release of the Realms that the novel didn't even carry the Forgotten Realms logo on the cover for its first printing!
>>
File: Shaundakul_symbol.jpg (12KB, 200x197px) Image search: [Google]
Shaundakul_symbol.jpg
12KB, 200x197px
>>50571386
Thats not how you spell Shaundakul.
>>
>>50588149
Shaundakul isn't goodly, you pleb. CN is worst alignment.
>>
>>50587422
>Lathander
>God of sun
>Not Amaunator
>>
>>50588236
Look, Shaundakul is boss as fuck, but you aren't wrong, CN is worst girl.

>>50589021
Amaunator is god of lawful sunnyness. Lathander is god of goodly sunnyness. Myrkul is god of deadful sunnyness. I'm right, fite me.
>>
>>50589241
The fuckers have been misrepresenting Lathander. He's only the his of the dawn, not the sun. Amanuator is the only god of the sun.
>>
>>50589241
I never liked the dawn, high sun, dusk thing.
Just have a fucking sun god.
Also Lathander was best in the Old Empires book where he's the god of spring, renewal, and athleticism, encouraging super manly naked wrestling in his name.
>>
File: lanthander babies.jpg (226KB, 400x638px) Image search: [Google]
lanthander babies.jpg
226KB, 400x638px
>>50589870
>>50589786
>pic related, Lathander faggots
>>
>>50590031
>Lathander
>devourer of babies
>not Lolth

Get your shit together, pleb.
>>
>>50590491
Do you see his face? He's thinking to himself that that baby is gonna hit the spot. I can't hear Lathander's name without thinking "baby-eater". Lolth is just into freaky spider sex, she isn't too into the baby eating scene (maybe occasionally, on holiday and whatnot).
>>
Who is the worst god of magic and why is it Shar?
>>
>>50590670
>Shar
>god of magic
Son, you be having a laff.
>>
I like Forgotten Realms, at least the way I remember it. I don;t know what its like these days but it was a very comfortable place to settle your imagination at the end of the day.

>>50561613
This is easily the best Half-Elf portrait I have in my collection and I would be interested to see if there is much else of this calibur. Settings and artists often struggle with depicting the half elf visually. They easily get caught up on presenting them with a visual distinction and run into a snare because the depiction of many elves starts and ends with 'human with pointed ears'.

This image understands the trick to the half elf. Their difference with humanity is mostly internal and is best expressed visually as a kind of uncanny beauty; a glamour, which this image does effortlessly.
>>
>>50561613
Hear head is visibly too large, and the puffy sixties hairdo doesn't help things.
>>
>>50561613
>>50590800
Ned Dameron is on par with DiTerlizzi, he's an excellent artist. Shame we don't see more of his handiwork.
>>
>>50591628
She was drawn by Jeff Easley wasn't she?
>>
File: pic2050278_md.jpg (88KB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
pic2050278_md.jpg
88KB, 500x379px
>>50591673
Oh, you're right. The art style is similar to Dameron's work.
>>
File: latest.jpg (103KB, 587x353px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
103KB, 587x353px
>>50591628
>>50591885
>>
>>50591885
Aye, Dameron is very good.
>>
>>50563986
I run mine in GURPS. I just like it better and have more fun this way. I still use lots of the 'official' FR materials, I just do on the fly conversions as needed during play.
>>
>>50591673
Easley's signature is in the picture, too...
>>
>>50588088
Regarding Moonshae; anyone remember the name of this module? It was 1e for zero-level characters, took place in some archipelago that was retconned to be part of Moonshae (for what reason, I don't know).
>>
>>50592115
I think we can forgive folk for missing it.
>>
>>50591936
>That Half-Orc upper right corner
10/10, would play as

>>50588088
>s Niles' partly written novel was traditional (Celtic) fantasy, it was a pretty good fit for the Realms.
Well yeah. the Moonshae Isles gave me that exactly celtic vibe in the novels. I read them half a life ago but I still remember them a being fairly well written.
>>
>>50580270
>Wasn't this because Waukeen was held by a god-equivalent
Graz'zt isn't equivalent to a god, from memory, though he might qualify as a Power.

It's mostly that Helm didn't have the authority to do anything. His penance and punishment, as defined by Ao, was to prevent any deity from getting back into their Realm. That was ALL he was allowed to do (besides still answer spells from his followers, which was taken pretty shittily by the rest of Faerun). Waukeen, by going to the Abyss, was not violating that instruction. Had Graz'zt stuck to his end of the bargain and let her continue onward to where she used to live, then yes, Helm would have confronted her at the threshold, denied her access, and killed her if he had to. But as it was? He was stuck.

And Waukeen, by traversing the Abyss in the way that she did, was not technically a goddess at the time. So she wasn't really there to sense.
>>
>>50580034
>>50580270
>>50593365
I'm actually of the mind that demon princes, lords of the nine, and others of their ilk should be on par with the gods, at least the god's avatar forms.

In any case, the Times of Troubles was a unique case in that Ao demoted the gods to aspect forms, even below that of the stupidly powerful avatar forms they sometimes inhabit.
Waukeen probably had an inkling that going through Helm would result in her destruction, so she decided to trust in the words of a demon prince like a complete retard.
>>
>>50594120
>I'm actually of the mind that demon princes, lords of the nine, and others of their ilk should be on par with the gods
They're called Powers in Planescape along with the gods, or at least some of them are. Depends on the demon lord/archdevil, but for the most part they're banned from Sigil like any other god.

There is only one Prince of Demons, anon.
>>
File: 35xyux.jpg (16KB, 234x268px) Image search: [Google]
35xyux.jpg
16KB, 234x268px
>>50589870
>>
>>50594138
Nah, Hallowed Ground calls them Near-Powers (beings not quite gods), even the Lady of Pain. But good on the Lady for also hedging them out.

They'd be much cooler having titles like the Demon Prince of Madness, the Demon Prince of Undeath, the Demon Prince of Seduction, blah
>>
File: 1368379465415.jpg (28KB, 325x222px) Image search: [Google]
1368379465415.jpg
28KB, 325x222px
>>50589870
>I never liked the dawn, high sun, dusk thing.

the ancient egyptians would like a word with you.
>>
>>50589241
>>50589870
Amaunator is literally the only god of the sun bros.
>>
>>50594163
Nothing gay about playing games with your naked bros, grappling, and throwing discs, and more grappling, and handling spears, and of course grappling.
>>
Have you ever run/played in a game not set in Faerun?
>>
>>50596646
Yes. I've also played in Krynn, Eberron, and whatever campaign setting Crucible of Freya was in.
>>
>>50596646
I played one short game in Maztika
>>
>>50596646
One campaign had a few sessions set in the amnish colonies in Maztica, but our dm didn't really make anything out of it, it was just like playing in a village outside Athkatla.
>>
What would be the Faerun equivalent of the roman empire? Doesn't have to be a 5e country, I can set the game whenever.
>>
>>50596646
I have almost entirely run in custom settings. I rarely run in Faerun. Looking forward to my Tethyr campaign that's coming up soon.
>>
>>50596646
Plenty of custom settings, two maztica games, one zakhara game.
>>
>>50596646
Plenty. Mostly in the hordelands/Kara-tur region.
>>
>>50596910
The closest thing to what you want is Chessenta before the Spellplague. It's the Ancient Greece of Faerun.

Most of the countries in Faerun are to powerful to be invaded and set up an empire like the Romans.

Even if there was, an organization like the Harpers would prevent it from becoming too powerful.
>>
>>50598148
The Harpers ruin yet another great thing before it happens. Fucking Harpers.
>>
>>50598187
Only Tchazzar, and the Chessentans, want to see a unified Chessenta.
>>
>>50598380
I wouldn't mind. Chessenta is interesting and Rome was too, an Ancient Rome expy would be neat to see for awhile in the Realms.
>>
>>50592172
Well, I got off my lazy ass, went down to the cellar and opened and moved around boxes until I figured out the answer myself: N4 - Treasure Hunt. The retcon region mentioned is Korinn Archipelago.
>>
>>50598498
This will be my next campaign.

Start in the Threat from the Sea, survive the Year of Rogue Dragons, work for Tchazzar, and unify Chessenta.

The Spellplague doesn't happen, but the industrual revolution does.

Imagine ancient Greeks with blunderbusses in chariots, while their draconic god-king scries on them from his pyramid.
>>
>>50599723
Did they literally bolt the Korinns into the Moonshaes (as in, on the map only) or were the original Korinns expanded into the 'shaes proper?
>>
>>50601645
The adventure has a section that describes a "Korinn Archipelago" complete with a map, and only makes a few vague allusions (without any names) to the world at large. No mention of Moonshae or the Realms, and it was in fact published in 1986, a year before the FR grey box. I noticed it had been bolted into the islands at some point when I was looking around the map and noticed a familiar name. Moonshae seems to have its own production history (>>50588088) so someone, somewhere at TSR figured at some point it would be a good idea to weld Korinn into it.

The bunch of islands that extends directly north of Alaron are the Korinn of the adventure module.
>>
>>50598187
Fucking word.
>>
File: got nuttin.jpg (82KB, 729x694px) Image search: [Google]
got nuttin.jpg
82KB, 729x694px
>>50601894
>so someone, somewhere at TSR figured at some point it would be a good idea to weld Korinn into it.

And then did absolutely nothing else with the locale ever since.

pic related
>>
>>50602681
Harpers: perhaps the most evil secret society of Faerun?
>>
File: Tchazzar.jpg (122KB, 400x255px) Image search: [Google]
Tchazzar.jpg
122KB, 400x255px
>>50598187
>>50602681
In 3.0, Rangers could have Favored Enemy: Harper.

Has this carried over to other editions?
>>
>>50603430
Nope. And it really should, because seriously.
>>
>>50603408
The Spellplague and Sundering helped the Harpers more than it hurt them.

>Reduces the armies of both sides in Thay's civil war
>Chessenta gets flooded before getting unified under Tchazzar
>Zhentarim are weakened enough for Shade to destroy Zhentil Keep
>Underdark collapsed or flooded. Only the Drow who worshiped Eilistraee and escaped to the surface beforehand survived
>Shadow Weave destroyed with Mystra's "death"
>>
>>50603768
>spellplague

didnt all of that get retconned? i mean, mystra is back and everything... technically i guess you can say the shadow weave has returned too? not too sure about that.
>>
File: 1480555248633.png (60KB, 974x804px) Image search: [Google]
1480555248633.png
60KB, 974x804px
We're seriously having fucking generals for Forgotten Realms now?
We've reached this point?
>>
>>50604528
yes
>>
>>50604528
>>50604561
why would that be a problem?
>>
>>50604570
because hes a fucking autist.
>>
>>50604579
I assumed that he was, maybe i shouldn't have assumed he had a reason besides that it bothered him, but is it so bad to have a little hope anon?
>>
>>50604610
>hope
that was your second mistake.

your first mistake was making the post.
>>
>>50604639
Your third mistake was also being an autist. And believing that Lathander is a good god. i'll never let the baby-eater get away with it
>>
>>50604669
damn, you caught me anon. but im off my meds so it figures id be easier to spot.

pffsht. lathander isnt a good god any more than the harpers are a good organization.
>>
>>50604639
i actually wasn't hoping for anything i just like the forgotten realms, and I've learned some interesting things in this general and others, I was just asking why Faerun wouldn't be relevant to /tg/ being that it is one of WotC's main campaigns settings.
>>
>>50604528
People have been having fun discussing FR, and then you showed up shitting on everything. But that's to be expected of literal shit.
>>
>>50604698
Oh shit, really? You're legit on the autism spectrum? That's actually kinda neat, it's nice to be reminded that such folk exist on 4chan. I was assuming you were a 4chan autist and making fun of you accordingly. Didn't mean to be an asshole.

trying to keep this general a decent one
>>
>>50604780
no offense taken. if i were offended that easily i wouldnt hang around these parts.
>>
>>50604822
Yeah but can't hurt to apologize. Like I said, trying to keep /frg/ a place for good discussion and friends, yanno?
>>
>>50604864
Well, it'd be slightly more civil if people didn't argue over which god is better at what.
>>
Will Lathander ever succeed in recreating the pantheon in his own image?
>>
>>50604905
This has been a good discussion, you fucking goose.

>>50604924
Hopefully. He is the Baby-Eater we need.
>>
>>50604924
Amaunator > Lathander
>>
>>50604905
But Lathander is the wrong god and people need to know! funposting

>>50604924
Honestly and memes aside, probably not. I have this feeling that Ao would shut him down in the end for trying to usurp Ao's role. If he did, it'd be a complete and total disaster too. While Lathander, memes aside again, has his upsides, he is terrifyingly naive sometimes and just isn't a good basis for an entire pantheon.
>>
>>50605041
who is the best evil god and why is it Shar?
>>
>>50605434
Eh, I personally am a bigger fan of Bane. Shar's alright though.
>>
>>50598187
Why the hate for the Harpers?
I just got in to the FR with the novel "The NIght Parade" and they seem like a decent group of people....serious question
>>
>>50605614
Some resent how their goals include a mandate to ensure civilization doesn't go down certain roads, but no mandate to explain why or how, while also having the tendency to not clean up their own mistakes.
>>
>>50605640
Fair enough then. Should I continue with the Harpers novel series or should I pick up another series from the FR?
>>
File: really.jpg (71KB, 372x334px) Image search: [Google]
really.jpg
71KB, 372x334px
>>50604570
/tg/ really is unrecognizable
>>
>>50605668
May as well keep going. The books may not be poor books, the Harpers themselves are simply not all sweetness and light.
>>
>>50605668
Can't speak to the novels, but I dislike them as an organization because they're too classically "meddlers lol". They like to come in, do things without telling you why or what the point is or what their goals are, then fuck off and let you fix everything they broke. It's kinda obnoxious.

I also dislike them because they're the pet faction of the literature (so many plot-relevant NPCs are Harpers and they're all portrayed in such a positive shining light despite being massive cockups, it's saccharine and sickening).
>>
>>50605715
Now the zhentarim on the other hand...

there's a group everybody ought to want to be a part of.
>>
>>50605701
I am actually kind of ok with this. Should I read them in order or release or is there some order I should read them in so they make sense?

Sorry for asking so many dumbass questions but I have wanted to know for awhile how to read the series so it makes sense

>>50605754
Which novel series are they in?
>>
>>50561565
I wish I still had that box set ;_;
>>
>>50605777
My local game store has it and the red sorcoress for like 45 bucks right now
>>
>>50605754
While I respect the Zhents, I don't know that I'd want to be in the Zhentarim. They're a little, yanno, fucking evil.

>>50605774
I'm not sure they have a novel series, they're kinda bad guys.
>>
>>50605794
where is this at?

I do regret not grabbing all my shit before my friend packed up and moved across the country years ago, I had so much 1st and 2nd edition shit that I have been slowly re-buying from Ebay and Amazon.. shit sucks.
>>
>>50605777
I have all the insides from it, but not the box itself, so it can't go in the shelf with the others.
>>
>>50605962
Evil? pshaw! They're just out for number one! As you should be too!
>>
>>50606016
Make your own box! Use carboard if you have to, and get a bomb ass picture printed out and tape it on the cover.
>>
>>50606086
Church of Bane wants to chat.
>>
>>50606528
Evil is a relative term...

you say dark sacrifice, i say joyous celebration.
>>
File: IMG_20161208_201345.jpg (3MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161208_201345.jpg
3MB, 4160x3120px
Tg needs to eBay I just got the box set for 20$ on eBay 3 days ago even with the original tokens . Help me buy this stuff before the hipsters cut it up and make a n3rd art with it.
>>
>>50603768
>>Underdark collapsed or flooded. Only the Drow who worshiped Eilistraee and escaped to the surface beforehand survived
Underdark still seems fine in the more recent Drizzt books, must have been only some parts of the Underdark.

Chessenta getting flooded is fail, though. Tchazzar was a pretty awesome dragon god.

(Literally. Tchazzar was statted out in 3rd edition as an Advanced Great Wyrm Red Dragon with twelve levels of Dragon Ascendant, making him a Divine Rank 0 demigod.)
>>
>>50606528
Killing off Bane during the Time of Troubles was the one deicide I'm still butthurt about. Ol' spikey tyrant was AWOL for the entire 2nd Edition FR, for fuck's sake. Cyric was just nuts and his son the unpronounceable just wasn't like the old man himself.
>>
>>50610004
You could actually use Bane as is in Faiths & Avatars.
>>
>>50610381
I naturally did this, only replacing every past tense with the present tense, in those campaigns that were set before the Time of Troubles.

As a side note, I really really wish a book like the Grand History of the Realms had come out during the 2E heyday. Going through every book to find out what was happening in, say, 1215 DR, was time-consuming.
>>
>>50605614
it's just butthurt and trolling
>>
>>50610480
Excellent, which gods did you retain and which did you kick?
>>
File: Rutilus Triumph (Netarliargus).jpg (293KB, 1140x701px) Image search: [Google]
Rutilus Triumph (Netarliargus).jpg
293KB, 1140x701px
>>50608265
It was flooded in the areas around the Inner Sea in 4E, but I heard it was drained in 5E.

Northern Faerun might have been spared.

Tchazzar the Undying has returned as a god after dying in the Brotherhood of the Griffin series. It was mentioned in the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide.

Pic semi related.
>>
>>50610700
I just took the stuff from Faiths & Avatars (since it had the complete stuff for the gods who died during the ToT) and stuffed them to the grey box gods. This meant (obviously) no Cyric or Kelemvor; Leira still alive, Mystra being the LN version instead of the NG one that came from Midnight, Tyr wasn't blind, no Red Knight other than as an aspect/understudy of Tempus, etc. I had the complete stuff in a notebook but since that was aeons ago, I've probably lost it.

At least this was a relatively light operation, so nothing like going back a couple of thousand years or more, which would mean no Tyr and Waukeen, for starters.
>>
>>50610913
Not him, but curious, have you used the god's avatar stats at all?
>>
We are porting our latest adventure into the Forgotten Realms. What would be the best place to put a small kingdom (with a long running tradition of witch tribes), overwritting as little lore as possible? (It's on a peninsula as big as the kingdom is but that isnt too important)
>>
>>50611106
>a long running tradition of witch tribes
Rashemen?
>>
>tfw we will never receive a Forgotten Realms movie because as soon as the SJW freaks find out about the drow and other elvish races they will scream "RACIST!" over the fact that evil elves are "black", and all of the good elves are "caucasian".

I honestly don't know how all of the drow cosplayers you see on google don't get the holy shit beaten out of them for "blackfacing" as the PC cult would see it.
>>
>>50611106
Rashemen.

Or Border Kingdoms.
>>
>>50611116
>>50611428
These are objectively the best answers.
>>
I can't believe we've yet to see mention of best god: Pelor, the Burning Hate
>>
>>50612970
Pelor doesn't have a presence on Toril.
>>
>>50612970
Are you a retard.
>>
>>50613020
Not yet.
>>
>>50613322
He can't, though, it would involve merging with one of the existing sun gods.
>>
>>50612970
>pelor
>Toril

lol its okay newfriend, we were all new to forgotten realms once, too.
>>
>>50573060
FTFY: 3.75
>>
Since all the talk about Lathander eating babies, I've been playing the original NWN campaign again and sweet Sune is the Charwood bit grim. Let nobody say Lathander doesn't take killing children seriously.
>>
>>50615807
Yeah, there's lots of reasons why I seriously think he's darker than he seems. Lathander is full of hidden depths, most of them involving children.
>>
>>50615843
you saying lathander diddles children before eating them?

what the fuck anon.
>>
>>50615843
>>50616712
The only weird thing about Lathander and children, is that he apparently can't have normal ones.
When he fucked Chaunta a unicorn came out, a unicorn described as very masculine.
>>
>>50616712
Lathander is fucked up. You know what they say about people who live with too much sunlight, it melts their brains (see: Florida, Arizona).

>>50617485
Are we sure that's not gods being gods and being all metaphorical and shit? Gods can be like that.
>>
Have to agree Lathander is darker than he seems. He seems an exuberant benevolent god but he's quite dangerously destructive.
>>
>>50618370
like the harpers?
>>
>>50565294
Play Baldurs Gate and/or Icewind Dale.
>>
>>50618579
seconding baldurs gate.

icewind dale was a miss for me. icewind dale 2 on the other hand, was pretty neat.
>>
>>50618528
The Harpers are a no-fun allowed organization. Lathanderc encourages fun.
>>
>>50618707
Finder's Bane had a Harper who was a Paladin of Lathander.

Not everyone in her party had a completely happy ending.
>>
>>50605434
The thing I like about Shar is that she's an evil god that isn't grandma punching pants on head retarded evil. She's even kind of appealing in a goth way.

In comparison I really never understand how Cyric got worshipers. He's not particularly divine, and he's not likable either. And because he's god of bad decisions apparently being a serious devotee is more of a way of life than something you can do casually for the occasional blessing. One that puts a target on your back because most civilized societies don't like things like serial killers.
>>
File: priestess of shar.jpg (39KB, 192x727px) Image search: [Google]
priestess of shar.jpg
39KB, 192x727px
>>50619125
>She's even kind of appealing in a goth way

And her priestesses look like that cute arts teacher who was really into crystals and the Sisters of Mercy.
>>
>>50619125
Cyric got his worshipers from the churches of the Dead Three.

Now that they're back in 5E, he's only the god of Strife, so only anarchists follow him.

A few passages from the Cyrinishad might explain more.
>>
File: 2351515.png (25KB, 625x164px) Image search: [Google]
2351515.png
25KB, 625x164px
>>50619125
>He's not particularly divine, and he's not likable either. And because he's god of bad decisions apparently being a serious devotee is more of a way of life than something you can do casually for the occasional blessing. One that puts a target on your back because most civilized societies don't like things like serial killers.

Yes. Its like 4chan in deity-form. I love him. He is so refreshingly unapologetically evil. He is the god of watching the world burn. How can one seriously not like that? A divine power that is just there to make EVERYONE miserable, he is the god of the deranged, the maladjusted and the degenerate.
>>
File: The Cyrinishad (Nasuradin).jpg (530KB, 1546x1178px) Image search: [Google]
The Cyrinishad (Nasuradin).jpg
530KB, 1546x1178px
>>50620104
He also used the Cyrinishad to meme himself into being powerful enough to dim Ao's light.

He broke the Triad for the lulz.

He set Kezef the Chaos Hound free, and got away with it.

He feeds his dead petitioners to primordials.

He is the best of 4chan.
>>
Was piecing maps together a while ago. Only Canon editions (True editions) have their cartography represented.

Looking for FR16 The Shining South map, it's in no digital editions.
>>
>>
File: bloodstone.plus.great.glacier.jpg (3MB, 2271x2876px) Image search: [Google]
bloodstone.plus.great.glacier.jpg
3MB, 2271x2876px
>>
File: chult.png (5MB, 1491x2237px) Image search: [Google]
chult.png
5MB, 1491x2237px
>>
>>
File: dwarves.deep.png (5MB, 2243x1504px) Image search: [Google]
dwarves.deep.png
5MB, 2243x1504px
>>
whoa. these maps are pretty badass anon. many thanks.
>>
File: ronin.challenge.shao.mountains.png (6MB, 2260x1529px) Image search: [Google]
ronin.challenge.shao.mountains.png
6MB, 2260x1529px
>>
File: storm.riders.png (6MB, 2294x1527px) Image search: [Google]
storm.riders.png
6MB, 2294x1527px
>>50621310
But of course. Hoping to somehow receive a complete PDF of FR16 out of it so the work can near completion. Want an actually accurate TSR map of the entire Realms.
>>
File: spellbound.jpg (2MB, 3250x2509px) Image search: [Google]
spellbound.jpg
2MB, 3250x2509px
>>
File: moonshae.combined.png (6MB, 2248x1553px) Image search: [Google]
moonshae.combined.png
6MB, 2248x1553px
This one was tricky
>>
File: maztica.jpg (3MB, 2269x2989px) Image search: [Google]
maztica.jpg
3MB, 2269x2989px
>>
File: horde.the.png (6MB, 1528x2261px) Image search: [Google]
horde.the.png
6MB, 1528x2261px
>>
File: empires.of.the.shining.sea.jpg (4MB, 6250x2281px) Image search: [Google]
empires.of.the.shining.sea.jpg
4MB, 6250x2281px
>>
File: FR16 Poster Map.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
FR16 Poster Map.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>50621355
The one in MageGuru's trove is complete. Here's the map from it.
>>
Holy shit, those maps are amazing. Thanks anon
>>
Hoping to be able to use the completed map to maybe make a clean hex version, or to create massive d1000 encounter charts for each region based on every 2E Forgotten Realms monster ever (with serious scrutiny to where they're found).
>>
>>50620180
Am I one of the only ones who actually liked Cyric?
>>
>>50621408
Did you do the one from FMQ1? Could hook that onto the Maztica one.
>>
>>50561613
How can you even tell she's an elf?
>>
File: kara.tur.map.fourth.to.last.png (5MB, 2281x1526px) Image search: [Google]
kara.tur.map.fourth.to.last.png
5MB, 2281x1526px
>>50621448
Yeah that's what I'm talking about. Where's this Guru trove nonsense, is that the normal "trove" or a different one.
>>
>>50621493
MageGuru's a poster both here and on 7ch. He maintains a couple of MEGA troves, one for TSR and one for WotC D&D. Goes through the files and makes them as HQ as he can.
>>
Bhaals to the walls
>>
File: kara.tur.map.last.png (4MB, 2261x1534px) Image search: [Google]
kara.tur.map.last.png
4MB, 2261x1534px
>>50621476
Did it have any new landmass on it? Thought the only landmass color maps in adventures were already in the boxed set.
>>
File: kara.tur.map.next.to.last.png (5MB, 2288x1543px) Image search: [Google]
kara.tur.map.next.to.last.png
5MB, 2288x1543px
Does MageGuru have the Adventurer's Guild modules released by TSR / WotC in the late 90s? Secret modules (many for Forgotten Realms by key authors) that no one's ever seen online? Has he? Have you?
>>
File: kara.tur.map.third.to.last.png (4MB, 2314x1556px) Image search: [Google]
kara.tur.map.third.to.last.png
4MB, 2314x1556px
>>
>>50621514
it's pronounced beh-hall.
>>
>>50621516
There might be a bit more off the eastern edge of the map, northeast of Mt. Cuitotec.
>>
>>50621593
>Adventurer's Guild modules
Like what? Kidnapped? That's an RPGA module.
>>
File: kara-tur.1st.combination.jpg (2MB, 2282x2898px) Image search: [Google]
kara-tur.1st.combination.jpg
2MB, 2282x2898px
Will have to check
>>
File: kara-tur.4.page.2.png (4MB, 1530x1167px) Image search: [Google]
kara-tur.4.page.2.png
4MB, 1530x1167px
>>50621643
https://www.acaeum.com/ddindexes/periodicals/agindex.html

Don't see Kidnapped listed there.
>>
File: kara-tur.cities.and.closeups.png (6MB, 2304x1516px) Image search: [Google]
kara-tur.cities.and.closeups.png
6MB, 2304x1516px
>>
>>50621681
Those things are probably only slightly less rare than the R-series modules from 7 on.
>>
File: adventurers.guild.png (2MB, 1786x1164px) Image search: [Google]
adventurers.guild.png
2MB, 1786x1164px
>>50621643
Like here are the Forgotten Realms ones (that aren't Living City adventures...count those and there are 20+ more for FR).
>>
File: kara-tur.islands.png (4MB, 2282x1517px) Image search: [Google]
kara-tur.islands.png
4MB, 2282x1517px
>>50621712
But I want them in PDF format. Series 9 was PDF-only, who's got those in a Trove?
>>
File: lands.of.intrigue.jpg (3MB, 3001x2243px) Image search: [Google]
lands.of.intrigue.jpg
3MB, 3001x2243px
>>
>>50621769
I've asked on 7ch and in the PDF request thread., so I'll see what happens.
>>
File: malatra.png (3MB, 1620x1050px) Image search: [Google]
malatra.png
3MB, 1620x1050px
>>50621843
Massive
>>
>>50621977
The TSR Jam 1999 thing is made up of AG modules, but there's only one FR one in there (1-2 Vale of the Dragon). I've also got a couple of the Greyhawk ones in pdf.
>>
File: north.the.jpg (3MB, 3019x1688px) Image search: [Google]
north.the.jpg
3MB, 3019x1688px
>>50621996
Do you have more than Dragotha's Lair? What's the story. Gibs dat.
>>
File: Dragothas_Lair.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Dragothas_Lair.pdf
1B, 486x500px
See WotC released this Greyhawk one. Have you others? People have wanted to see the lair of the undead dragon forever since the original Grey Plume Mountain.
>>
>>50622190
White Plume that is
>>
File: empires.of.the.sands.png (6MB, 2308x1508px) Image search: [Google]
empires.of.the.sands.png
6MB, 2308x1508px
>>
File: vilhon.reach.the.png (7MB, 2247x1521px) Image search: [Google]
vilhon.reach.the.png
7MB, 2247x1521px
>>
>>50622131
Just this one.
>>
File: sea.of.fallen.stars.png (2MB, 1638x1015px) Image search: [Google]
sea.of.fallen.stars.png
2MB, 1638x1015px
Underwater. Could probably use a better copy of this 1999 publication.
>>
>>50622580
That's a mighty upload. Only by having access to all rules from Advanced Dungeons and Dragons and its contemporaries can we truly Know the game. There could be hidden spells and magical items in here, preventing knowledge of encyclopedic lists of such until all are out there.

Where'd you get this hot fire anyway?
>>
File: horde.plus.storm.riders.png (3MB, 1739x1426px) Image search: [Google]
horde.plus.storm.riders.png
3MB, 1739x1426px
>>50622745
See there are two magical rings already, ring of lurker control and ring of multiple lurker control. Wonder if they get full stats. Also no one would ever know that the real title is Mission Brief 6125 without having this valuable text.
>>
File: anauroch.png (6MB, 1505x2261px) Image search: [Google]
anauroch.png
6MB, 1505x2261px
>>
File: the.north.encounter.chart.png (3MB, 2261x1494px) Image search: [Google]
the.north.encounter.chart.png
3MB, 2261x1494px
Here's the kind of regional encounter chart that I feel quality mapping and monster indexing could result in. Referred to by many as the best Forgotten Realms encounter chart.
>>
File: al-qadim.90-scale.png (7MB, 1511x2244px) Image search: [Google]
al-qadim.90-scale.png
7MB, 1511x2244px
90 miles per inch is goofy
>>
File: cormyr.png (6MB, 2251x1525px) Image search: [Google]
cormyr.png
6MB, 2251x1525px
>>
>>50622745
>Where'd you get this hot fire anyway?
I don't really remember. Might have been MageGuru's Greyhawk folder.
>>
File: dalelands.the.png (7MB, 2255x1526px) Image search: [Google]
dalelands.the.png
7MB, 2255x1526px
>>50622936
Hundreds of pages of official module text still remain lost in the void
>>
File: dreams.of.the.red.wizards.png (5MB, 2239x1536px) Image search: [Google]
dreams.of.the.red.wizards.png
5MB, 2239x1536px
>>
File: Kara-Tur_Trail_Map.jpg (2MB, 2536x4071px) Image search: [Google]
Kara-Tur_Trail_Map.jpg
2MB, 2536x4071px
Kara-Tur Trail Map copies are terrible. Can't find TM5 or any Kara-Tur other than adventures on MageGuru's thing there. Found like 7 .PDFs I made though. I'm 3rd Party son.
>>
File: pyramids.jpg (488KB, 3344x2304px) Image search: [Google]
pyramids.jpg
488KB, 3344x2304px
So I want to play an exiled king for my next 5e D&D AL campaign. Are there any good places in the Forgotten Realms littered with small, functionally powerless kingdoms with some history to them? I want him to have very little actual power/political sway but a lot of ceremonial titles. Something along the lines of what Terry Pratchett wrote for Pyramids but less Egyptian. Any suggestions?

"His Greatness the King Teppicymon XXVIII, Lord of the Heavens, Charioteer of the Wagon of the Sun, Steersman of the Barque of the Sun, Guardian of the Secret Knowledge, Lord of the Horizon, Keeper of the Way, the Flail of Mercy, the High-Born One, the Never-Dying King."
>>
>>50624488
The Border Kingdoms, probably. The place is known for having petty city-states with changing governments.
>>
Anybody got any obscure race of CR1 or less that'd be interesting to play?
>>
>>50624488
>small, functionally powerless kingdoms with some history to them
Literally the Border Kingdoms.

http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/archfr/frbk

Here's the list of a bunch of Border Kingdoms as of 1370 DR or so, with plenty of lore and setting info to work with or chop out. Since you're presumably playing a hundred years in FR's future, I would be willing to be that basically ALL of them are gone, but they should give you an idea of what it's like down there. Just to give an example, you can easily throw out entire kingdoms if you don't like them, and just replace it with new characters of your own. It is an always-changing map of tiny fiefdoms, never before successfully welded together into a single realm (and even on the times that it nearly was, it always fell apart after the death of the warlord doing the uniting).

I've played a few campaigns set in the Border Kingdoms, generally kingdom-building ones. They're pretty fun.
>>
>>50625468
>>50626058
Thanks, this will be useful!
>>
How you guys stat the god's avatar forms?
>>
>>50626261
I would open Faiths and Avatars to the appropriate page.
>>
>>50626261
>>50626270
To 5e, specifically.
>>
>>50626270
But yes, Faiths and Avatars would definitely be a great place to start.
>>
File: 6904-admin.jpg (290KB, 906x1200px) Image search: [Google]
6904-admin.jpg
290KB, 906x1200px
I feel at home here. This goes for the aesthetics regarding artwork and content. I will post picture of which I believe one can delve into dreaming about the Realms. [no shitty 3e and onwards stuff].
>>
I sold all of my rpg stuff in 2001. I restarted collecting 2e Dark Sun, Planescape, Forgotten Realms back in 2015. Hard work, supply is scarce.
>>
Off of FR I'm painfully missing "Cormyr" and H1-H4, most of the Volo's guides, too, and the Kara-Tur boxed set. I envy the burgers for having only money as their limiting factor. Anything can be bought for jewbay and amazon...
>>
>>50627136
And whatever supply you may discover is priced through the roof.
>>
File: RPG_List.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
RPG_List.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>50627223

Well, I managed somehow, but it surely took some thousand euros in my case...maybe 5k. I am really cheap.
>>
>>50627265
Fucking really? That's still insane.
>>
File: 1399792629001.jpg (5MB, 4933x2628px) Image search: [Google]
1399792629001.jpg
5MB, 4933x2628px
>>50627282

Hard work, believe you me. Especially considering I was operating from Germany. Absolutely no chance to get Planescape stuff, though. But I managed to grab 3 copies of every Ral Partha Planescape box, which was a real find.

I never understood why it's so hard to get hands on the Volo's guides and the Kara-Tur boxed set... I also was lucky with the Planescape tcg "Blood Wars": I drew a "Lady of Pain" out of my second display.:)

But the saddest thing for me is no one here knows this 2e era products any more. I literally am alone with this I feel. I'm living in a city with 500k inhabs (,which is decent for German standards), but I never managed to get contact to 1e/2e-guys let alone grills.
>>
>>50627265
>five thousand euros

Sweet Sune I've never been this glad about my complete inability to throw anything away. I still have (mostly) every RPG and RPG accessory I've ever gotten, if only these days they're in a giant box in a storage closet.

Even the FR boxes are mostly complete - I think I've ever only lost one of those hex transparency overlays you used to calculate distances on those sweet poster-sized maps, and maybe one of those handout A4s that came with The Horde box and were a bastard to keep track of.
>>
File: tumblr_npfum0JJrV1syrjl3o1_1280.jpg (2MB, 1200x1500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_npfum0JJrV1syrjl3o1_1280.jpg
2MB, 1200x1500px
>>50627542

This was an estimate. I cannot know for sure how much I spent. I sometimes bought stuff from ebay uk, which has better supply, but worse quality. (I've never dealt with people so lazy, imprecise and rough concerning packaging, description of item condition and overall handling of these items through ownership.) These were more expensive, I guess. From these came the idea to differ collection copies from reading copies. Nowadays I want 3 copies of each item: 2 collection copies, 1 reading copy. Yes, I roll this way.
>>
File: brom.jpg (964KB, 1200x1592px) Image search: [Google]
brom.jpg
964KB, 1200x1592px
Actually, I wanted to ask you guys something: If money is not the issue and I do have say 2 weeks of time in the US, which rpg-event/convention would I have to attend to - again - say buy two complete sets Dark Sun and Planescape?

Is this even borderline realistic?
>>
>>50564150
>Sounds pretty pointless to me. I understand stuff like Eberron conversion to SW, but FR is forever supported and inherently D&Dish.

I always consider it curious how Eberron is the setting I see most often converted to systems other than D&D in spite of the fact that it was in large part based on the mechanical conceits of 3e D&D.

Even I've done it (conveted it to Silhouette).

I think it's because Eberron has a wealth of truly compelling fluff/story options independent of the mechanics that make it attractive in its own right.
>>
what is your favorite region of the realms?
>>
>>50627702
GenCon would be your best bet, but it doesn't happen until August. Kinda missed your boat on that one.
>>
>>50629566
Top three would be the Lands of Intrigue (Amn/Tethyr/Calimshan), the Hordelands/Unapproachable East, and Waterdeep.

Bubblin' under: the Dalelands/Moonsea region.
>>
>>50629566
The Bloodstone Lands (Vassa/Damara), the Lands of Intrigue (Amn/Tethyr/Calimshan), and Thay.
>>
>>50630416
>The Bloodstone Lands

Did Damara, Vaasa and the other bits ever receive anything else than FR9? All I remember is that some of Salvatore's Artemis novels were set there, but no RPG stuff comes to mind.
>>
>>50588149
>_symbol

Why are most of the god symbols not actually symbols but whole damn pictures?
>>
>>50631362
4e made some pretty good additions to Vaasa in the form of the inclusion of the Warlock Knights. They exploit am entity called Telos.
>>
I have collected every instance of The Everwinking Eye in PDF format. I must slim it down as some items are duplicated within. Nevertheless, if this item were published as a 2E Forgotten Realms sourcebook it would total 160 to 192 pages of fine print. These details are mind-numbing in their intricacy.
>>
>>50633025
If you'd upload it somewhere that'd be amazing.
>>
>>50633025
Even the one from Polyhedron 92? I can only find the adventure River Rats from that issue.
>>
>>50633321
Yes Treasures of the Vast, Part Four, from pages 18‒19

Will put up a Sendspace but it must be gotten to MageGuru to join its brethren.
>>
>>50633425
>>50633321
>>50633114
>>50633025
https://www.sendspace.com/file/f33fn1

>>50625468
>>50626058
I've got your Border Kingdoms right here
>>
>>50633425
Do you have a full pdf copy of Polyhedron 92, or a physical one?
>>
>>50633555
I have a 1.97 MB version of 92 that's missing 20 pages and I have a full copy of 92 that is 9.73 MB

https://www.sendspace.com/file/qb683y

I have detailed files. Only by owning every D&D publication from TSR prior to fall 2000 in complete digital format can one become enlightened and produce compilations. Adventurer's Guild modules are still needed. R–series modules are still needed.
>>
>>50633656
Like say one wanted to make the Encyclopedia Magica V and VI, and lay them out flawlessly exactly as they would have appeared. How is this possible without the 3 pages of magical items from Al–Qadim that appear in Polyhedron #92?
>>
>>50633656
Thanks. You wouldn't happen to have a copy of Polyhedron 95 with pages 15-18 too, would you?

>R–series modules are still needed.
I've got R1-4, and the Polyhedron versions of R5 and R6 (Bugbear Hunt and Bigby's Tomb). R7-10 have never been seen in PDF, and neither has the original R6, Eye of the Bog.

6060 R1 To the Aid of Falx.pdf
http://www47.zippyshare.com/v/5VB0LYvL/file.html
6061 R2 The Investigation of Hydell.pdf
http://www47.zippyshare.com/v/o8BesBZc/file.html
6062 R3 The Egg of the Phoenix.pdf
http://www47.zippyshare.com/v/PCZGpa2j/file.html
6063 R4 Doc's Island.pdf
http://www47.zippyshare.com/v/tsFh6I7k/file.html

My copy of RPGA1 - Rahasia is just a copy of B7 - Rahasia with the cover changed. Do you have a copy with the real insides?
>>
>>50633880
No one's seen R7+ because old faggits like to feel special and quote you certain portions of them since they have copies on mimeograph or old Xerox. No one's seen the adventure from Polyhedron 95 either. Clearly someone wanting to make it "theirs" and deprive the Community of needed original module content.
>>
>>50633880
Also R11 has been seen, it was published as I–series "Needle", but R12 through R14 have not been seen.
>>
>>50634082
Were R11-14 ever used at tournaments?
>>
>>50634357
Naw they're top secret, Mentzer likes to dangle them around in front of the plebs. Maybe they were at some point.
>>
File: old.empires.png (6MB, 2247x1512px) Image search: [Google]
old.empires.png
6MB, 2247x1512px
Missed this map. Cities of Gold guy, I'm on it. Already had them extracted and waiting to piece together.
>>
>>50635906
Are you planning on moving onto another setting after you're done with FR?
>>
File: cities.of.gold.png (7MB, 1554x2310px) Image search: [Google]
cities.of.gold.png
7MB, 1554x2310px
>>50621476
Sort of a shit job here
>>
>>50636034
>black mesa
I guess somebody at Valve liked Maztica.
>>
File: from.the.ashes.01.jpg (6MB, 3050x4494px) Image search: [Google]
from.the.ashes.01.jpg
6MB, 3050x4494px
>>50635999
Other settings' maps are kind of shit. But I've tried some.
>>
File: from.the.ashes.02.jpg (6MB, 3053x4490px) Image search: [Google]
from.the.ashes.02.jpg
6MB, 3053x4490px
>>50638303
>>
File: Ravenloft_Core_Original.jpg (5MB, 3146x4690px) Image search: [Google]
Ravenloft_Core_Original.jpg
5MB, 3146x4690px
>>50638303
Ravenloft original core
>>
File: Ravenloft_Core.jpg (6MB, 4657x3121px) Image search: [Google]
Ravenloft_Core.jpg
6MB, 4657x3121px
>>50635999
Updated core
>>
File: dark.sun.campaign.original.png (6MB, 2260x1525px) Image search: [Google]
dark.sun.campaign.original.png
6MB, 2260x1525px
>>50638365
Dark Sun
>>
File: ivory.triangle.png (6MB, 2256x1530px) Image search: [Google]
ivory.triangle.png
6MB, 2256x1530px
>>50638381
>>
File: Ravenloft_Islands_Original.jpg (5MB, 3115x4707px) Image search: [Google]
Ravenloft_Islands_Original.jpg
5MB, 3115x4707px
>>50638381
Islands of Terror, original
>>
File: Ravenloft_Islands.jpg (5MB, 4669x3132px) Image search: [Google]
Ravenloft_Islands.jpg
5MB, 4669x3132px
>>50638428
Updated
>>
File: nightmare.lands.jpg (3MB, 3168x2093px) Image search: [Google]
nightmare.lands.jpg
3MB, 3168x2093px
>>50638443
Zoomed in
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 101

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.