[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ &/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 352
Thread images: 18

File: vv.jpg (466KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
vv.jpg
466KB, 1600x900px
Previous Thread: >>50518962
>Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A
>News
http://theonyxpath.com/now-available-beast-condition-cards-cainite-conspiracy-scarred-lands-and-more/
>Mage 2e Errata
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxveHUKxwBU9UUZ4UjZJdEhIM2c/view?usp=sharing
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/leftovers-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question
How have your games played with canon?
>>
File: suarez_cannon.jpg (192KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
suarez_cannon.jpg
192KB, 500x334px
>>50552237
>How have your games played with canon?

I don't understand the question.
>>
>>50552271
Like how have they changed the setting.
>>
Reposting from last thread: can you use a sympathy yantra on a spell you cast on yourself? Can you just pull out a booger, and get two dice from it?
>>
>>50552237
I have made up a few details where things have come up that I didn't know the answer to. Like the child of a changeling. Are they human or some sort of near fey? I ruled on Feytouched at birth with the same seeming as one of their parents.
>>
just got dark eras in the mail after like 2 years lads, whats the verdict?
>>
>>50553850

It's pretty good! Some great chapters, some good chapters, some OK chapters. At worst, some chapters are wasted potential or just mediocre.
>>
>>50552237

If I still cared about VtM, I would go back to my idea that the Followers (of Apep, not Set) are an Egyptian branch of clan Baali.
>>
Are there any decent Actual Play podcasts of Mage games? Preferably CoD.

And what's some good Technocracy fiction? I have an idea of taking the general idea and applying it to a God Machine-aligned super-secret order that keeps the GM hidden from supernatural eyes.
>>
File: bloodborneCannon.gif (8MB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
bloodborneCannon.gif
8MB, 1000x563px
>>50552237
>How have your games played with canon?

How much Vigor do you need to wield a cannon?
>>
>Monday Meeting Notes

TFW Changeling 2e "demoted" back to "Development" from "Editing," Signs of Sorcery and Dark Eras Companion still in "Development" and "Art Direction," respectively, and Tome of the Pentacle not even in first draft.
>>
File: 8305.jpg (14KB, 189x269px) Image search: [Google]
8305.jpg
14KB, 189x269px
>>50556298
>TFW no mention of new POD from the back catalogue since 2014
>>
>>50556834
you probably wont see any action on that until its clear what will be happening with the rights to that shit.
>>
>>50553850
I liked it.

>>50552851
No. Otherwise you'd always count as Sympathetic Yantra using yourself as the Yantra.
It's to help get over the Withstand.
>>
>>50556834
>why is Onyx Path not talking about republishing books they have no ownership of
>>
>>50556298
In all honesty, Changeling still needs a lot of fucking work, given some of the shit I'm looking at.

Though really I doubt they're willing to redo some of the design decisions I take issue with.
>>
>>50556298
>Changeling gets the Beast treatment
>people hate it forever

I'm ok with this
>>
>>50557408

What do you dislike? I've really liked the drafts so far.
>>
File: fat bastard on internet.gif (2MB, 200x112px) Image search: [Google]
fat bastard on internet.gif
2MB, 200x112px
>>50557317
>I have no idea about who was adapting old layout formats to new POD, they appeared online by Phil "Satyros" Brucatto's blood magick alone

Who did you think was adapting the scans? Who else was digging through the archive room, buying old macs to convert old file formats to something newer Drivethrurpg could use? They even discussed the process at Gencon. There has just been nothing to show how much effort is being applied there.
>>
>>50557430
>>50557408
What are you talking about?
So far the only thing I've hated is "The Hedge is suffering and misery and pain and sometimes it's a nice pain that you look back on fondly but it's pain pain pain"
It's the Hedge, not Silent Hill. It should be dangerous, but still whimsical.
>>
File: Oh_hai_sexy.jpg (985KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Oh_hai_sexy.jpg
985KB, 1920x1080px
>>50557537
Whats not whimsical about Pyramid head?
>>
File: PHWTF.gif (943KB, 500x312px) Image search: [Google]
PHWTF.gif
943KB, 500x312px
>>50557537
>>50557564
Just look at him playing with his uh oh that nots agh moving on
>>
Anyone have something akin to an abridged version of how werewolves work mechanically on old world of darkness?

I'm running a game of vampire the masquerade and we've finished the first story. I plan on introducing a couple mages, and I all ready know exactly how they work. One player has aura of the wyrm flaw and another is looking for an oil tycoon with in his backstory so werewolves seem like they should be included eventually as well as pentex.

Im thinking a few black spiral dancers, bone gnashers, and glass walkers. I've read like 80 pages of the core rulebook but I highly doubt I need to know all too much about how they work to make it fun in a vampire game.
>>
>>50558244
>Anyone have something akin to an abridged version of how werewolves work mechanically on old world of darkness?
>I'm running a game of vampire the masquerade
However you want them to work.

Trim it down. Don't worry about the Dire Wolf form unless you need to. When they're not in warform but using transformation powers, use Protean mechanics (I assume in oWoD Protean lets you have claws). When they're in Warform, use Zulo stats. Give them lots of soak. Use vampire mechanics, except, you know, they heal. Make it a point of lethal each turn or something, and in warform they heal it all each turn. Silver obviously deals Agg, and can't be healed except by waiting.

Their powers work however the fuck you want them to. I'd say focus only on a little of the spirit things. Know that they can do that, but it's unlikely that you'll need to figure out which ability lets a Werewolf talk to this or that spirit. Don't even bother reading the Werewolf corebook. Skim the Wiki, take what you want to apply to your Vampire game.

These are also the general advice guidelines I'd give to anyone asking "How do I use [the splats of a different gameline]", so it goes for Mage as well. If you do know Mage well enough, though, feel free to use some of those rules to help you build Lycan antagonists. And it might be good to think of them not as Werewolves but as Lycans. Helps get you out of the "but I need to know what the book says" mindset.
>>
>>50558327
The only real gifts or spirit things i plan on using is shit that lets them fuck with technology. Beyond that I just need to know how they work well enough that my players won't later go "hey you fucking cheated" but I can design the NPCs so that they aren't fucking pushovers.

One of the players is an 8th gen with 3 dots of celerity. I know theres some mechanic that lets werewolves get stupid amounts of turns in combat amongst other batshit stuff. Ideally they won't have to see much combat (trying to get the players to stop being murderhobos) but if someone tries it I'd like to really be able to push home the horror aspect of those things being unstoppable. From what I gather all I really need are the mechanics of gnosis and then the basics of how other stats work (My GM for mage told me that werewolves can have like fucking 8 strength.) Mage's fine, I can let them do their stupid shit and understand how it works, and the time sphere is more than sufficient to balance out the fucking 9 turns of celerity that 8th gen player can get.

You're absolutely right though, it doesn't have to be perfect. I just want it to be close enough that it doesnt feel like I'm making up shit so often that there's no real reason to even have rules.
>>
>>50558465
>I just need to know how they work well enough that my players won't later go "hey you fucking cheated"
You should tell them "duh".

I know you're clearly an oWoD player, but grab the Demon STG out of the Mega and jump halfway through Chapter Four, to page 123. It's basically "how to run NPCs from the other gamelines using Demon: The Descent". I really hope Hunter 2e does something similar. Something about "just wing it" for using the other splats just resonates so well to me, and it's good advice and food for thought for oWoD as well. I actually think a few oWoD splats actually *did* do that. I seem to recall stats for Werewolves in Mage, though I also think I recall Baba Yaga's Vampire sheet in a Werewolf splatbook.

Also, in reference to Gnosis: Like I said, don't worry about specific mechanics, just cobble together whatever's simple for you from the info on the Wiki. Remember KISS. Keep It Simple, Stupid.
>>
>>50558548
Chalk it up to my own personal bar of quality then.

It's not that I don't want to spend the time learning more, I fully intend to read the whole core rulebook. I've played games in world of darkness where the GM is using the mechanics and bits of lore here and there from other games in the setting, and I feel it really adds something to it.
>>
>>50558571
I'm not saying not to, just that you shouldn't feel shackled to mechanics your players will never see. Games like PbtA and such have really shown me the great secret: The only thing that matters is what the players experience. They don't need to take the skin off the animatronics and see that the werewolf is made of wires and gears.
>>
>>50558571

I like old werewolf, its one of my favorite splats. That said, the rules are a confusing mess.

You have Rage and gnosis which you can only use either one in each turn but sometimes powers ask you for gnosis other times for rage, extra action will ask you for rage always and regeneration is obtuse. Aside from a vampire designed for combat is gonna wipe the floor with any werewolf barring elders or certain builds.

If you want the feeling of big bad werewolf that Masquerade sells you, use the rules for Werewolves in the Vampire core. That is, a lupine (Werewolf build with vampire rules).
>>
>>50557460
The new role of a Changeling's Seeming in maintaining and harming their Clarity. To the exclusion of its influence upon other aspects of the character (as far as we've seen).

The entire concept of Huntsmen. Making them immortal is the single biggest fucking stupidest mistake I've ever heard of. Make them relentless by all means, replaced by their kin who'll take different approaches. But don't force the PC to fight the same one over and over again, until they sell out another Lost to get a slight reprieve.

The depiction of the Hedge, and likely thus any depiction of Hobgoblins and Hedge-craft items which shall come from that.
The original suggestion was so badly received they had to immediately water it down to not get flayed alive.
And yet it still sucks.
>>
>>50559593
Plus, every fucking Huntsman kills at least one innocent when he enters the world, and potentially many more hunting the Changeling down.

I mean, I can imagine many kind-hearted Changelings would return to Arcadia with a Huntsman, just knowing that he will kill over, and over, and over again to get them to do so. And even if they manage to get him to piss off, the next one will just kill another person.

And that leaves a horrible fucking taste in the mouths of every other Changeling. Your freedom has been bought with the blood of potentially dozens or even hundreds of innocents. You didn't kill them, but they're sure as shit dead because of you.
>>
>>50559593
>To the exclusion of its influence upon other aspects of the character (as far as we've seen).
What? I mean, it's not like there was anything Seeming really did in 1e, but it basically does *more* in 2e (since Seeming benefits on Contracts are better than just a cost reduction now).
>>
>>50559691
Seeming was also directly related to Kith, making it part and parcel of your durance and directly related to your time in ARcadia.
Now they're separate, and related to emotions and paths of escaping Arcadia. Which now somehow Warp appearance.

Which is an internal logic is greatly dislike.

If you're going to focus on your character's mentality of survivorship, don't bastardize an existing game element to do it.
Ogre? Fairest? Elemental? Beast?
Those aren't the names of escape plans, those are categories of creature.
And even if you completely disregard their influence upon character elements such as appearance, saying you only entered one as you escaped is needlessly restrictive.
>>
While arguing Seemings, don't forget that they do indeed have other bonuses than just the clarity stuff. They are just a bit harder to find.
>>
File: IMG_5042.jpg (159KB, 749x811px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5042.jpg
159KB, 749x811px
Hey guys, I've been thinking about playing a gargoyle in a new V20 campaign. Is it actually viable? I really like the idea behind them, but they seem to be quite hard to play. I'm not necessarily going with Camarilla though, I may go with anarchists instead. Also are they all necessarily dumb as fuck? I don't want a genius, I just don't want a character like the gargoyle from the Bloodlines game.
>>
>>50560200
Gargoyles are not verry fun for anyone :S Your DM will hate your char and you cant interact with mortals. Not fun for anyone
>>
>>50560200
Ask your DM, depending on what he has in mind there could be no problem or you could be dynamiting his whole plot.

By asking I don't mean just asking if he let's you play it. Some DMs will allow anything only to discover later they can't handle it. Try to inform yourself about what he wants to DM and then see if a gargoyle protagonist fits. Remember the bloodlines guy was an NPC.
>>
>>50558244
I'm 100% sure that the basic vampire book includes werewolf stats abridged/adapted for Vampire.

Or are you talking about lore?
>>
>>50560260
;_;
>>
>>50560666
Well you did ask, sorry if I was harsh but its better that you are prepared imo
>>
>>50560899
You're right though. I'll still talk to the DM and see if it would affect the chronicle too much, I hope he doesn't hate me for it.

Any tips for playing a gargoyle?
>>
>>50560937
Figure out how your char will feed I guess, and maby get obfuscate asap. More than that I dont know I am afraid.
>>
From what I've seen of CtL 2E so far, the things I like about it begin and end with the new Contract system. Elsewise, there's far too much of Hill's "muh vision" in it for me to like. Hill's thematic and setting changes simply shift Lost 2E too far away from what I liked about 1E.
>>
>>50561007
Which is interesting I like the shift to the focus on coping mechanism, from what I have seen. The Seemings and your escape are all about coping. The seeming is your coping mechanism.
>>
>>50561007
You know, I really wish Hill would keep his 'Vision of 2e' confined to that shitty "Tokyo by Night" mini-setting, rather than screwing up my favorite CofD splat.
>>
>>50559593
>The entire concept of Huntsmen. Making them immortal is the single biggest fucking stupidest mistake I've ever heard of. Make them relentless by all means, replaced by their kin who'll take different approaches. But don't force the PC to fight the same one over and over again, until they sell out another Lost to get a slight reprieve.

Thats just the Fae Hunt from 1ed but kicked up a few notches. The fae are effectively immortal, and they hunt down their old slaves i.e. the PCs

Loyalist were also a part of the 1ed core, but now it's less of a identifiable faction and more personal. Sure they can be spys and infiltrate, and their is the paranoia aspect. but this just seems like a further move into the personal horror vein, that Chrod wants to go with. It's one thing to say a spy got yah. it's another to think a friend couldn't make it one more day, and betrayed you.

>>50559621
>Plus, every fucking Huntsman kills at least one innocent when he enters the world, and potentially many more hunting the Changeling down.
This is indeed way more heavy than previous editions, sliding into grim dark. But I can see what they're going for. With the survivor's guilt theme. And you do bring up a very reasonable response to that stimuli.

Overall Has a very terminator vibe to it. I would be sorely tempted to not include death toll aspect, brings a big downer to an otherwise lighter splat. Butlost of innocent and 'death' happens as a part of changeling creation.

Does anyone have the source links? I wish to do more research on this
>>
>>50561007
>Elsewise, there's far too much of Hill's "muh vision" in it for me to like. Hill's thematic and setting changes simply shift Lost 2E too far away from what I liked about 1E.

Same here, hills vision is not something i like so far. Fortunately 1st ed changeling is still a viable game.
>>
>>50561007
>Hill's "muh vision"

Ugh that guy and his yes man/woman/ tranny arcanearts keep pushing their shitty vision at the expense of anything else.
>>
>>50561298

It doesn't seem like it's be too hard to play a 1e style game with the 2e rules, to be honest. I know I'll be using the 2e Contracts, at least.
>>
>>50561414

Could be, unless the final version has some kind of theme enforcing mechanic like werewolf with the hunt.

But i doubt i would do that. Player expectation for changeling 2nd would be playing 2nd edition with hunter and hills vision, unless completeky new.

If i were to use 2nd edition but then run it like the warriors it would feel like a bait-and-switch.

And just swiming in the cesspool that 2nd seems its becoming to find 2 or 3 good mechanics when 1st is perfectly functional is to much work imo.
>>
>>50561537
good good

bitterness leads to pettiness
pettiness leads to anger
anger leads to edition wars
edition wars lead to derailment

The core mechanics of 2ed work pretty good. Some of the specific splat mechainic are weird and dumb (looking at you satiety ) But hey man every GM needs to do their own style. Use what you like ignore what you don't. It's good to know what you like. Because if the gm is happy every one has a better night
>>
Can someone tell me how someone should spend experience in old world of darkness and new? It seems like even if you have 100 experience which is a lot to my knowledge. You're really going to go through them faster than you'd expect and still be not that much better.

Like, should you focus on powers over attributes and skills? Virtues, willpower, etc?
>>
>>50561974
Unless you are munchkin, it doesn't really matter. Just ask yourself in which area do you wish your character to develop.
>>
>>50561974
It'll also be very very nice for once to get a straight answer on how large your dice pool should be in general. I find it hard to believe that 10d10 is what you should always aim for?
>>
>>50561974

Depends on the splat. And whay you wanna be good at.
>>
>>50562209
Eh, I mean for general world of darkness things. If you want specific lets go with the tried and tested vampires?
>>
Legit questions,how do you find people to play these games together?Do you play on the internet,and if so,which website?
>>
>>50562689
There are some play by post fora out there, but I wouldn't recommend any of them. They're usually incestuous and clique-ish affairs.

Best is to get a few people in your own are to become enthusiastic about playing
>>
are there any good pregen adventures for Requiem available?
>>
>>50562717
Too bad I live in a country that could count as a third-world country so I don't even know where to search.
>>
>>50562813
Those people don't like to play pretend with dice?
>>
>>50562863
Well the best I can do is persuade some people that know jack about rp,but I have 0 GM experience and to be honest I'm not really interested in being one too,so let's hope I bump into somebody who wants.
>>
>>50562548
With blood buffing, in VtM I end up having 4 dice in things I generally don't care about, 6 in things I'm kind of skilled in, and 8 in my primary skills.
>>
>>50557537
>So far the only thing I've hated is "The Hedge is suffering and misery and pain and sometimes it's a nice pain that you look back on fondly but it's pain pain pain"
Wait, what? Jesus Christ, the Hedge was like the one thing I actually LIKED in 1e Changeling, because it was
>dangerous, but still whimsical.
Yes, this.
>>
>>50562689
It's something to do over beer and pizza with my buddies.
>>
>>50559822
Most people, myself included, preferred Seeming not being connected to Kith. I've always preferred the "optional" rule in Winter Masque where you can be of any Kith, and when I couldn't do that, I'd just take Dual Kith.

I agree that the naming scheme has a bit of baggage, though.

>>50561007
>>50561043
>>50561154
>>50561298
>>50561353
>>50561414
But Hill's "muh vision" seems to be... actually playing to the themes of Changeling instead of wallowing. Clarity being able to be gained and lost and actually playing to the theme of working through and coming from trauma is great. It's much better than 1e, where you basically just kind of moped about your Durance. I mean, I have no doubt that's going to still happen in 2e games, but at least you're encouraged to do positive things.

I mean, there's stuff I don't like. The Hedge being Silent Hill, for one, and the Huntsmen aren't as interesting as the Idigam or Strix (neither of which I'd use anyway, but Huntsmen seem more integrated into the setting). But I don't understand the hate for "muh vision". I mean, if you hate the "vision" (which I'm really only making guesses at), why? What do you prefer about how 1e handled it? And just what "vision" are we talking about?

>1st ed changeling is still a viable game.
I'm starting to feel like I'm the only one who thinks Changeling 1e is a buggy mess with shitty rules that I can't believe anyone playtested.
>>
>>50561537
>If i were to use 2nd edition but then run it like the warriors it would feel like a bait-and-switch.
I'm pretty sure playing Changeling like The Warriors is 100% acceptable in Changeling 2e.

Shit, that city is made up of a hundred different Courts, isn't it? Those gangs would make for great Courts. Or at least Motleys.
>>
>>50564234
I'm exaggerating, but, yeah, The Hedge is kind of Silent Hill.
It's not all bad. I mean, the general mechanics are fine, and I like that the Hedge is psychotropic to the point that even mundanes could fuck it up, but it's got this fluff that feels *tangential* to good, where the Hedge wants to remind you of your first girlfriend or your dead grandpa or those nightmares you have. The Hedge's primary emotion is pain.

And I don't like that. I like World of Darkness stuff where ostensibly if everything was nice and happy, the magical psychotropic landscape would be nice and happy, but we live in the World of Darkness. I want a Hedge that's got barbed wire because the Hedge is a dangerous place that wants to lure you in. I want it to be a pitcher plant.

It's not a huge problem, though, and it's a thing I'm sure will get fixed in playtesting. I mean, Hill changed it quick when people first grumbled about it.
>>
>>50565659

>I'm starting to feel like I'm the only one who thinks Changeling 1e is a buggy mess with shitty rules that I can't believe anyone playtested.

You probably are, yeah. 1e's janky, especially with the mechanics the splats added, but it's still a decent game that had a pretty strong mechanic to theme cohesion for the time and an aesthetic and identity that established itself firmly from its predecessor. It didn't win awards and become the fan favorite line for nothing, even if we can look back at it almost a decade later and more easily see its mechanical flaws.

2e looks like it's going to smooth out some problems while adding some brand new problems in, which seems to be the theme of this edition. It's just that this time, the developer touched the third rail of Lost and that's going to make it more contentious by default.
>>
>>50565871
I don't really feel like 2e has introduced any real problems. Though I know that other people feel that way.

But it's like... I assume you play video games, right? Have you played Metal Gear Solid? It's basically fucking *impossible* to go back to MGS or Sons of Liberty after playing Snake Eater. Changeling is one of the games that had me feeling like that even before they started releasing 2e stuff. Promethean, too. I think that Hunter might be the only one that holds up well, and even then I'd already felt that the way the (very sparse in the corebook) Dread Powers were ranked was pointless.

There are just so many mechanics in Changeling that flat out don't work in my opinion. A lot of the Contracts are weirdly leveled (Oddbody, for instance having a four dot effect that other games would have at two or three, then having a capstone that's fucking useless and dumb except for gimmicky things, or Mirrors having the very pointless Riddlekith even though "Kith" didn't have a unified aesthetic), the contract mechanics themselves rely on your power stat being as high as possible (which is increasingly difficult in 1e) even more so than Mage, while also using only an Attribute *or* a Skill. Any power that relied on successes was going to be weaker than expected, *especially* on Contested powers, where the Defender might be rolling more dice.

And don't even get me started on the "you will fucking fail terribly" mechanics of Talecrafting, which is an otherwise great idea.

I think a lot of RPGs get awards and become fan favourites despite bad mechanics. As long as a game is playable, it's fine. You only really see complaints when the mechanics are utter garbage, and praise when the mechanics are really good (like everything RPGesus Greg Stolze has done)
>>
>>50566299

>I don't really feel like 2e has introduced any real problems. Though I know that other people feel that way.

Ok.
>>
>>50565659
1e changeling was Response to Trauma.
2e Changeling seems to be Dealing with your Trauma.
Kith = Traumatic Life Changing Event
Seeming = Coping Mechanisms
Huntsman = Looming consequences to your life and choices from Depression, to being remitted to a mental health facility (being caught by huntsman).
>>
>>50567329
That's pretty heavy handed
>>
>>50567399
Put with a bit of levity. Has anyone accused White Wolf's writing team (other than Eddy with Pugmire) of being anything but?
>>
Playing mage for the first time with some friends over winter break. Here is my character sheet. Any advice on what I should change?
>>
>>50567485
Well you only get 1 Paraxes per dot of Gnosis. So your two to many. Other than that you look good.
>>
>>50565659
>>50565732
The whole point of the Hedge is being the exciting and fascinating and wondrous part that lures you in to the actual danger of Arcadia before you've realized what's happened.
>>
>>50567469

Well, there was the person who got really mad that Disciplines were not scientifically accurate and that's why Dominate had to be someone shooting neurons out of their head into other people's brains to work.
>>
So, I'm the forever GM of my group, and recently they've all been asking me to run a game of Vampire the Masquerade. I would like to run this game, as the WoD setting seems quite neat, although I'm not sure if I should run a published adventure for them or come up with something on my own, either way, any tips for a DM new to WoD?
>>
>>50567558
Huh, for some reason I thought you started with three.
>>
>>50567615
...What???

What about Vampires is remotely scientifically-accurate, let alone their magic superpowers?
>>
>>50567615
Well to fair, some people actually think they're vamps. So nutters happen
>>
>>50567650
>some people

"full ass-rape stiffness"
>>
>>50567329
Dealing with your trauma is the response. 1e wallowed in it. You were *supposed* to be getting over a traumatic event in 1e, it just wasn't written well.

>>50567399
Not really. No more so than "vampires are domestic abusers" or "Promethean is about finding yourself".

>>50567587
The Hedge *has* always been about badscary, it's just that I don't like *how* it's badscary in 2e. I mean, it was always a place that Changelings wouldn't want to go due to the dangers of the Hedge itself, but I don't like the focus on *pain* as opposed to *emotion* as a whole. Because Book of Spirits starts out with a really good, if silly, look at how even too much Happiness can be bad.

>>50567625
That's Rotes.
>>
>>50567665
Beyond publicity stunts of course
>>
>>50567624

Don't be afraid to let your players be ambitious (but put up good obstacles, of course), some of the best experiences in Vampire is the schemes players can pull off.
>>
>>50567735
I'll keep Quantum Flux. It sounds like something I'd like to spam. As for familiar I was thinking about a blood spirit. I figure it would almost always be useful.
>>
>>50565659
>But I don't understand the hate for "muh vision". I mean, if you hate the "vision" (which I'm really only making guesses at), why? What do you prefer about how 1e handled it? And just what "vision" are we talking about?

Comments like all changeling are morally dubious because the wyrd is gonna push you and there is no promises that you would never break because changeling put not going back above everything, give us a idea of what "muh vision" is for the game.

Personally i like from 1st edition the urban fantasy elements, i like the hedge to be a place wich get molds by your court and city....maybe your mental state but that wasnt always.

The problem with "muh vision" to me, in the context of changeling is that it feels the whole game is remade to fit A particular character concept that the author seems to think thats how "it should be played" that is a morally bankrupt fickle creature that just wont go back.

I like from 1st edition that the game didnt enforce mechanically many of its themes so it give me breathing rooms to make my own or give my spin to it.

Also a dislike some of the stuff thats over complicated like fae-touched mortal used to be people who escape before lasting transformation. Now they are some convoluted fluff piece about people who once made a promise to a changeling before they were taken and 3 more pages of useless fluff.

I like the court were this set-in stone set of courts and with their special contract instead of a "do it yourself kit" that makes some of the contracts feel generic with a different paint job each.

And i sure like that the whole "talecrafting" thing was in a easily ignorable source book where it belonged, instead of a core mechanic.
>>
>>50567885
>The problem with "muh vision" to me, in the context of changeling is that it feels the whole game is remade to fit A particular character concept that the author seems to think thats how "it should be played" that is a morally bankrupt fickle creature that just wont go back.
On the upside this'll make them fun you-don't-have-to-feel-guilty-about-fucking-this-guy-up antagonists for other gamelines?

I guess?
>>
>>50567885

>Personally i like from 1st edition the urban fantasy elements, i like from 1st edition that the game didnt enforce
many of its themes so it give me breathing rooms to make my own or give my spin to it.

Not who you're taking to, but I thought Changeling 1e enforced its themes pretty dang well for a mainstream mid-2000s RPG. Clarity's a great prototype for the 2e morality meters, for example. I think there's an argument to be made that it might have been too loose or that 2e is being too tight, but I don't think I'd ever say that it didn't enforce many of its themes.
>>
>>50568019

That's how Hunters certainly saw them in HtV 1e, so at least there's some kind of coherence, I suppose.
>>
>>50567885
>Comments like all changeling are morally dubious because the wyrd is gonna push you and there is no promises that you would never break because changeling put not going back above everything, give us a idea of what "muh vision" is for the game.
I don't have a problem with that, really. Changelings had a bit of a woobie problem in 1e. I mean, they were still treated as shitty, but a lot of people basically ignored that.

Also, the Hedge was always a scary and dangerous place. That's not a change. The change is that the Hedge is *pain* as aside from anything else.

>I like from 1st edition that the game didnt enforce mechanically many of its themes so it give me breathing rooms to make my own or give my spin to it.
See, to me that's one of the negatives of 1e.

>I like the court were this set-in stone set of courts
But that wasn't true. In fact, that's one of the things I like most about Changeling 2e. Changeling has always had THE MOST social groups of any game, yet it's always been treated as if ONLY the Seasonal Courts existed. And the Seasonal Courts didn't even fit for most of the world, which always bothered me. Even the suggestion of *different* seasons (like the Rainy Season) wasn't great.
>>
>>50568019
Every character in the World of Darkness has the potential to be morally bankrupt. I don't really think Anon is being fair when he argues that as a negative, because it was always true. It's written right into the Seeming write ups. There's even a mechanic for it in Equinox Road. Changelings are abuse victims, and abuse victims have a higher potential of becoming abusers. It's a dumb cute phrase, but "hurt people hurt people".

>>50568052
Clarity is kind of good, but a lot of other stuff is really bad. Like, Pledges are meant to be like the Geassa of stories where characters ended up with five or six magical compulsions that brought them low. Like CuChullain. But they're so easy to just... cheese out free dots.

>>50568092
This is why I like that harvesting Glamour from emotions robs the victim of a point of Willpower. Changelings have always had a sort of subtheme of being emotional vampires (which was even a suggestion in the ST section) and Hunter played that up, but there was no actual mechanical reinforcement to it.

I mean, people argue that Vampires taking 1L from someone every two days is just perfectly safe and healthy, because mechanically it is, logical consequences of losing a large quantity of blood every two days.
>>
>>50568115
>The change is that the Hedge is *pain* as aside from anything else.
Isn't the Hedge also explicitly the way via which Changelings interact with dreams?

This implies that Changeling oneiromancy is probably universally pretty fucked up.
>>
>>50567885
>The problem with "muh vision" to me, in the context of changeling is that it feels the whole game is remade to fit A particular character concept that the author seems to think thats how "it should be played" that is a morally bankrupt fickle creature that just wont go back.

Ahh, but is it moral bankrupt? From what I remember in 2e Huntsmen might be looking for you but they aren't constantly crossing into reality. Heck there is a time limit between when they can be summoned. So you kill one now. and 5 years later your ex-abuser can send another one after you. Or 20 years, or some other block of time that I'm not sure what it was but it seemed long.
>>
>>50568241
>Or 20 years, or some other block of time that I'm not sure what it was but it seemed long.
Not even fucking close.
It's however long it takes the Huntsman to return to Arcadia by the most direct route.
>>
>>50568235
̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶2̶e̶.̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶i̶r̶o̶m̶a̶n̶c̶y̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶h̶i̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶m̶e̶c̶h̶a̶n̶i̶c̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶1̶e̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶e̶d̶.̶
>>
>>50568288
It says a fortnight. I'm going to look up exactly what that means, give me a second. Not that you will notice reading this after I look that up. 14 days. It must stop and heal it's self and reform it's body for 14 days.
>>
So i am very bad at symbolic shit but i am the forever DM of my group and they wanna play mage awakening. How difficult or how much it would mess up by entirely removing astral from the game?
>>
>>50568542
Pretty easy. But symbolic shit in general is pretty important.
>>
>>50568596

Do the important symbolic shit factor in being necromancers or shot lighting from their fingers.
>>
Ok, I got a stroke of inspiration. Please tell me, in what exact ways is this shit.
>>
File: MOROS.png (94KB, 1393x453px) Image search: [Google]
MOROS.png
94KB, 1393x453px
>>50568815
>>
Btw do you feel that Huntsmen not only hating changelings and material world but making them killing some rando just for getting feel of atmosphere is rather excessive?
It's like developer thought - how can I make them as unsympathetic as possible? I gotta make them real assholes, gotta avoid mistake that happened with Heroes.
>>
>>50568837
Possible. But if they also symbols the threat of being put back into the trauma or a new trauma then they need to be cold, dangerous, and disgusting to touch.
>>
Did anyone else get this survey? IS it just me or did they leave off one of my Fav Splats Beast.

Also I think I really messed up their TV show data.
They asked what shows I look forward to.
Supernatural, Drifters, New Voltron, Chopped, Game of Thrones, Beat Bobby Flay, and Walking Dead.
>>
>>50569232

Also got it, and some of their questions feel so outdated. I guess they really want to know if you still use an Nintendo DS.
>>
>>50569338
I'm just starting to picture them looking over the survey results and seeing cooking shows. "Hey guys make food more important in your games. Seems your players hobbies are cooking and they love cooking shows."
>>
>>50568432
This seems bit silly. If they tied it back to your power stat that would be interesting. Like at level one your small fry but you don't have to deal with being a target all the time. And just be come more and more of an thorn at the higher levels. Like at 5 yeah you're powerful but behind every corner you could be facing the huntsemen
>>
>>50569451
Well at Wyrd 1 your very unlikely to get a Huntsman to show up at your door since they can't find you and they don't cross into the physical world on a whim they wait till they have a lead on you. Which comes from things like scouring your mask and some other stuff like that.
>>
>>50569232
>my Fav Splats Beast.

Really???
>>
>>50568837
some thoughts
>>50561282

Well I don't think they have to try That hard. The huntsman is an alien non human entity. Heros are folks that had a role thrust upon them.

Huntsmen are more force of nature like a bear or a hurricane. It's not out of malice, but of nature. Like a starving vamp frenzing and drinking some one dry
>>
>>50569629
Yes. So far it's in my top 3.
Beast, Werewolf, Mage
>>
>>50568302
I remember Dave Brookshaw mentioning in 2e that David Hill decided that 2e Changeling dream-stuff is all about the Hedge and has nothing to do with the Astral (and that that's not how he would have done it, but he's not in charge of Changeling).
>>
>>50569781
I know. Changeling has the Skein.
I think that two things that do the same thing are redundant and weird, since both essentially exist at the same time. It would be like giving Mages and Werewolves two different versions of the Shadow. I mean, I'm fine with different presentations, but the fact that they're different things entirely seems unnecessary.
>>
>>50569781

I really like DaveB's personal, totally unofficial, headcanon that the Hedge resides in the Astral barrier that mages must breach to go from dreams to the Oneiros.

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/mage-the-awakening/990170-question-about-supernal-realms-vs-other-realms/page4
>>
>>50569869
>That wasn't aimed at you, Gecko, rather the people who appeared to be feeding you their headcanon, which you've had trouble parsing from the books before.
Gecko is/was famous for that. It's way too common in the WoD fan community.
>>
>>50569862
I thought 2e ditched the Skein in favour of the Hedge.

Of course all of this is just stuff I remember Dave saying on other forums rather than stuff I've read myself, so...
>>
>>50569891

I know I'm a victim of it and it can be pretty damn embarassing on a professional level.
>>
>>50569862
The Temenos is for humans and humans+ only (and the occasional Unchained because they are fucking cheaters and their cover makes them technically human enough at times), it made perfect sense. Changelings attempting to enter the Temenos would trigger the noosphere's REEEEEEMOVE INHUMAN SCUM immune response, so they had to improvise another way to get around between Oneiroi.
>>
>>50569891

Gecko's a pretty okay person. They regret being a pain on the forums and have simmered down a lot.
>>
>>50570437

That's the impression I got from them. They really ought to have just learned to chill, but I'm glad that they seem to do that now.
>>
>>50560200
>Also are they all necessarily dumb as fuck?
It's not a rule but still yes. The rituals that transform captured vampires into Gargoyles destroy their minds by design and embraces by free Gargoyles still do the same thing, so they're always going to at least be suggestible amnesiacs that can't socialize.
>>
>>50559822
>Those aren't the names of escape plans, those are categories of creature.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. Though I see it more like, "They made me into X, but I knew I had to become Y to escape." And even if you only meant that internally, in Arcadia to act as thing is to be that thing.
>>
>>50559822

Changeling always had a dissonance between mechanics and theme; the only thing that served to enforce it's narrative in 1e was the Clarity mechanic. Repurposing Seeming to further the central abuse survivor story while still doing what it already did was a perfectly clever choice, and infinitely better than keeping the weak 1e situation or stapling on some new thing.

Changeling was always a game about survivors. 2e is just one where the 'game' part actually factors in,
>>
File: 1472283042992.jpg (11KB, 319x360px) Image search: [Google]
1472283042992.jpg
11KB, 319x360px
I know the answer to this question is probably "yes", but is it too special snowflake for a new VtM character to start the game with an airplane? I'm not talking about a neonate, the character would probably have been embraced 70 years in the past. It's part of his mortal background that he was a pilot, and I'm thinking part of the reason he was embraced was because his sire realized how useful an airplane would have been to his studies.

I'd be willing to take the Resources dots to afford the upkeep, obviously. I'm not trying to get the thing for free.
>>
>>50571000
I liked how little 1e focused on the abuse-survivor story, because I find it fundamentally uninteresting to play.

Refocusing everything around that one theme really hurts 2e unless you're one of the people who was in it for that theme.
>>
>>50571281

Whereas for me and /every other fan I've ever personally known/, that abuse survivor narrative was what made Changeling the best game of the CofD, just the same that Wraith benefits from being a damn good mental illness/suicidal depression metaphor and (to a lesser extent) Promethean works as a transgender metaphor.

It's a theme that's spoken to enough people - between fans, writers, and the developer himself - that they're willing to double down on it, and I think it's 100% the right play. There are other games out there if you want a faerie urban fantasy romp.
>>
>>50571272
a high resource character could easily have a plane. i suppose with less resources and maybe a slight merit cost you could also get one.
>>
>>50571324
I'll agree there. A lot of people who have had abusive relation ships, trauma, depression, and pain in their psyche find these elements a release and way to deal with their problem.
>>
>>50571324

>There are other games out there if you want a faerie urban fantasy romp.

But then they'd have to play Changeling the Dreaming, a fate I wish on no human being unless C20 actually has good rules.
>>
>>50567650
>some people
>the "no true human" fallacy
>>
File: Audax_Iraq_1.jpg (120KB, 960x500px) Image search: [Google]
Audax_Iraq_1.jpg
120KB, 960x500px
>>50571347
Cool. I would like to get one of these; unarmed now, obviously. I just think that he'd have grown attached to the thing over the years, especially if he was Embraced instead of killed partially so that his sire would be able to make use of it.

What I'd be able to actually do with it in game is something else, but I think that my coterie would be able to come up with something over the course of the game, especially since this kind of plane was built with a hook specifically for grabbing messages and such from troops on the battlefield.
>>
>>50571324

Or just play 1st edition like everyone who doesnt like hills "muh vision"
>>
>>50569232
Got it, fucked up even more than you by saying I closely follow the IP's of DC, Marvel, Star Wars and Disney Pixar =3
>>
>>50569232
>tfw didn't get a survey
>>
>>50571324
>There are other games out there if you want a faerie urban fantasy romp.
Name some.
>>
>>50571613

Dresden Files?
>>
>>50571613

As mentioned, CtD is a dubious-but-existing option, and C20 could very well be good. Dresden Files is out there and while not to my liking, it's popular enough, and Dresden Files Accelerated seems to be shaping up great. If you want grit and politics with your totally-not-WoD, then Urban Shadows is a stellar PbtA game, and has a variety of fae character types under their Wild umbrella. Monsterhearts is amazing if you want a side of romance. There are a couple other Fate games about fae stuff.

Need more?
>>
>>50571659
Fae Noir
>>
>>50571520

If you had signed up for the Onyx Path mailing list yesterday like they said, you too can be asked what TV shoes you like.
>>
>>50571717

I did, it gave me the confirmation and everything, and then my gmail inbox had another confirmation email in it from the exact same source somehow unread, so fuck me I guess.
>>
>>50571755

Check your spam or your Promotions section. It was in my Promo folder.
>>
>>50571520
>>50571717

>TFW Mummy doesn't receive a second edition because Jakki didn't get a survey and no one else cared enough to support the game line.
>>
>>50571665
Does Dresden Files let you actually PLAY a Fae?

and FATE is distinctly ehhhhhhhhh
>>
>>50571665

Do you have one crunch medium or heavy?
>>
>>50571769

Hey, my old email address had a survey!

And they said I was a fool for having four of them.

>>50571785

I'll write it myself if I have to.
>>
>>50571799

You can play a Knight of a Fae Court, I know that much. Fate is my favorite system on the market.

>>50571808

I'm profoundly averse to crunch. CofD is about as heavy on rules as I'm willing to go, and even then somewhat reluctantly.
>>
>>50571449
They wouldn't put rules in the core rulebook for Formula 1 car top speeds if they weren't expecting players to get larger than life with their vehicular mayhem, anon. Embrace the insanity.
>>
>>50571835
A Knight of the Fae Court is distinctly different from one of the actual Fae.

Given that the Dresden Files books had actual Changelings in em, I wouldn't be surprised if they're playable though.
>>
>>50571909
I just checked and changelings are in, though from what little I know of the Dresdenverse they're very different from CofD ones.
>>
>>50571909
>A Knight of the Fae Court is distinctly different from one of the actual Fae.
Can't an ethnic fae also be a Knight in Dresden?
>>
>survey doesn't have any CofD games beyond Promethean and Changeling

kill me
>>
>>50572017

Hey, there's Hunter!

I can't help but wonder if Mummy, Demon and Beast aren't on there because WWP low key considered them to be OPP properties and not "really" theirs. That, or they just want to pretend that anything after 2008 never happened, from some of these questions and answers.
>>
>>50572053

I'm not sure I'd cry all that hard if OPP kept the rights to the lines it created or all of the CofD, really. Martin seems to have chosen a direction for his new WoD and it's one I'm pretty sure I have zero interest in.
>>
>>50572081
It's why I marked that I hated all the Old World of darkness and Loved all the CofD games.
>>
>>50572114

Hey, Wraith is good, and I fully believe Demon has potential.
>>
>>50571835
>I'm profoundly averse to crunch. CofD is about as heavy on rules as I'm willing to go, and even then somewhat reluctantly.

CofD levels is fine to me, but Dresden Files Fate left cold and pbta is not my liking.
>>
>>50572152
Then try Fae Noir here I'll give you a link to the Drivethru page.

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/94057/Fae-Noir
>>
>>50572152

Dresden is kind of a trainwreck when you measure it against later Fate games that actually know what they're doing. Like I said, don't hold DFRPG against Fate; judge it from Fate Core and onwards.

I have high hopes for Dresden Files Accelerated.
>>
Soooo am I the only one thats weirded out and worried about how it asked my sexuality and relationship status. Further worried by how it had things like omnisexual on it but not bi-curious, or the relationship chunk had 'multiple partners' but not 'living with but not married' among the options.

Lots of red flags here...
>>
>>50572195
>living with but not married

That was the "domestic partnership and/or civil union" option.

I'm happy to let """"Dracula"""" know trans girls have their hands on his precious games.
>>
>>50572195
Honestly they are trying to figure out their customer base. Feel out who is buying the products. They have heard rumors that World of Darkness is most attractive to a certain clientele and they want to know if that is true.
>>
>>50572195

It's basic demographic stuff, it just has a wider selection than the usual answers. It's all about feeling out what the fandom's like. That we're seeing this survey now probably means that White Wolf's getting serious about rollout.

>>50572226

Call me a fool, but I don't think he minds all that much. What really matters if we'll just get with the program and LARP already because boy oh boy does it want people to be LARPing so bad.
>>
Does anybody else use rolz?

"Explode=10 XD10E8" I've been using this but I'm not sure if its rerolling 10s.
>>
>>50572290
>larp
I was conflicted on those questions, cause while I've only larped once I have a huge collection of costumes and props that I use for events and cons like Ren Faire. Does that count as larp? there are no rules or big story, but I'm in costume and character and doing stuff all day.
>>
>>50572184
>Then try Fae Noir here I'll give you a link to the Drivethru page.
>http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/94057/Fae-Noir

Thanks anon.
>>
File: big drac attack.png (24KB, 1115x237px) Image search: [Google]
big drac attack.png
24KB, 1115x237px
>>50572290

I'll freely admit that Dracula seems incredibly keen on this weird "fuck being sensitive, we need to be as edgy as possible!" kick that makes me worry things are going to be profoundly unpleasant under his command, and even if he's manages to not be the political nightmare I'm afraid he is he seems way too keen on making LARP the heart of the brand.

Very nearly misclicked and uploaded furry porn.
>>
>>50572364
Hes kind of right. People should have the freedom to explore any and all themes they want, just like how you argued for restricting themes even if they are prevalent in horror.
>>
>>50572364
Ponies with shitting dick nipples?
>>
>>50572433

I hope you think I have better taste than that.
>>
>>50572364
I admit to being willing to give him time to see what he will do.
>>
>>50572452
This is 4chan. No one counts on anyone having taste. Hell most of us don't count on the other person having conversational skills or the guts to let others know who they are and build their brand.
>>
>>50572364

To me, it all comes off as faux-macho posturing as part of the whole "we're the REAL inheritors of WoD!" narrative WWP wants to spin so badly. I imagine that we won't see anything dire, just some mildly embarassing stuff in the video game.

There's no doubt he wants LARP to the heart of the brand. I think he sees this as the biggest opportunity to bring Nordic LARP to the West, and honestly I can't really blame him for wanting to take that chance. It's not like he'll need to worry about turning a profit right away.

>>50572407

That's not wrong, but coming in and trying to dictate what the American LARP groups should or should not be doing was still a pretty big misstep, especially since US LARP sees Nordic LARP as a bunch of edgy posers.
>>
>>50572482
>LARP
Well I don 't give a fuck about larping so i have no major opinion one way or the other.
>>
>>50572453

Yeah, I'm willing to actually let him fuck up before I complain too hard, but I can still admit that he hasn't given me much confidence so far.

>>50572482

I just don't care about LARP, and most of the folks I know who do are either just using it for sex or are huge skinheads who really like Werewolf.

>>50572470

But still... ponies? Really? I'm better than that.
>>
What edition of WoD does V20 use? Or does it matter?
>>
>>50572364
>Tfw far right wing and love WoD
Am I an abomination?
>>
>>50572627

It's own edition, though it looks a lot like Revised.
>>
>>50572519
Could be worse. Could be worse.
>>
>>50572639
Nah I'm Moderate Right. We are probably the statical outliers.
>>
>>50572640
Thanks. Which other sourcebooks are usable with it?
>>
>>50572710

I think most Revised stuff works with minimal fucking around, and then V20 has a full line of supplements in its own right.
>>
>>50572738
Have they ported the Armory yet?
>>
Have I missed anything especially significant in the past 3 months besides hurt locker being officially released? What was the reception for that like?
>>
would you read/buy a Dark Eras style book where each chapter is a modern day city instead of a historical era? nWOD seems to be allergic to city books but I honestly kind of miss them and I reckon they could be good in such a compendium.

What cities would you use? For me it would be:

>Vampire: Jerusalem
>Werewolf: Glasgow
>Mage: Manila
>Changeling: Las Vegas
>Hunter: Kinshasa
>Geist: Melbourne
>Mummy: Lima
>Demon: Seoul
>Promethean: Trans-Siberian Railroad and the various cities along it
no Beast cause Beast fucking sucks

what about you?
>>
>>50573085

Hurt Locker comes out on Wednesday, alongside Secrets of the Covenants. I don't think anything's come out since Mage 2e.

>>50573088

God, yes. The city settings have been my favorite part of the 2e corebooks so far.

Someone needs to have Hong Kong. And remember, Promethean doesn't need to be nomadic anymore!
>>
>>50573139
what cities would you pick for each splat? I'm interested in seeing what everyone else chooses

also whats this about Promethean not being nomadic anymore?
>>
>>50573177

As much as I want to see how much Rome has changed for her Kindred in the 1500 years since we last saw it, I'm terribly keen on a non-Western setting for the game so we can see some new Covenants. Maybe give my beloved HK to them and tie them into the glittery heights of international finance and the bloody gutters of triad violence, with some gross local Bloodlines crawling out of Kowloon.

I'll admit that I don't have many city ideas. Most of mine are historical settings.

And Promethean 2e lightened up on the nomadic thing. Wastelands are no longer automatic, instead being generated when you expend a lot of Pyros in one place, and Disquiet tends to progress both more slowly and a little less violently. The old school of play is still viable, but now the alternative is, too.
>>
>>50569946
Who are you?

>>50570437
That doesn't change the fact that she's got some weird opinions.

>>50569966
Yeah, but we're talking about magical creatures. Aren't there groups of Werewolves that can travel to the Temenos? Aren't Beast's little rape caves in the Temenos? Either way, there's no reason to have Dreams exist in two distinct places.

>>50571281
>>50571324
Changeling 1e had nothing going for it, other than the themes. They were great themes, done well narratively, but mechanically the game was kind of garbo. Reinforcing that theme is good for the game, even if the game people liked was ignoring the theme and just playing around in the weird world of changelings. And even then, not a lot has changed. Clarity is repurposed to rise and fall as you experience mental stress, but other than that nothing inherently stops you from being like Romeo+Juliet and speaking in iambic pentameter while you play mafia swordfights.

>>50571454
Okay. Good for you, stop acting like people are somehow in the wrong for wanting a game with cohesive mechanics that play to the game's themes. You're literally arguing that you can't play the Changeling version of Vampions. Fuck, there are better games than 1e for playing faeries in the modern day

>>50571613
>>50571909
>>50571799
Your whole thing is you don't don't care about the themes, so you could just play Changeling: The Dreamlost in Fate or GUMSHOE or PbtA or literally anything.
>Can you play a fae in DFRPG
Technically speaking you can do whatever you want in Fate. And mechanically you can do whatever you want as long as your Refresh isn't 0. You can be a Changeling like in Dresden Files, but you could also just use the Dresden Files rules to play whatever you want in a Dreaming/Lost style setting

1e WoD is a good toolset, but Changeling itself isn't that great. So why use that particular game? I mean, I guess if you don't want to learn something new
>>
>>50573139

Hong Kong for 2e crossover setting city, please. Yes I know we have Tokyo. We can have a second one.
>>
>>50572364
Every book is going to be Tribebook: Children of Gaia.
"We're so edgey and progressive because we accept the queers" brosocialist bullshit.

>>50572407
I don't think that's what Jakki's complaining about. It's more that Dracula seems intent on being, how shall we say... You know those sidebars no one likes? You know those oWoD books no one likes because they imply that being progressive and accepting is, like, the most virtuous thing ever as opposed to basic decency? Expect that. I also expect really shitty portrayals of queer folk just to show how accepting they are. But maybe I'm just worried because I think he's stuck in the 90s, where stereotypes went HARD, even on the very special episodes meant to teach us those weirdos are people just like us.

>>50572519
>>50572505
I care about LARP in that I wanted to give WoD a fresh chance and instead he's going to focus on LARP and stupid shit.

Blood and souls.
>>
>>50572949
Armory is nWoD

>>50573085
Hurt Locker comes out in a few hours, not right now. Other than that no, still a slow grind.

>>50573139
>I don't think anything's come out since Mage 2e.
The Pack, wasn't it?
>>
>>50573405
I could have sworn there was an oWoD armory too.
>>
>>50573449
Was there? Maybe I'm wrong.
>>
>>50573384

I don't trust Dracula because he seems insistent on being as edgy as he can be in the hopes that the other grown-ups will take him seriously. Where is the interview where he rambles about the importance of addressing things like 9/11 in the WoD?

>>50573449

I distinctly remember oWoD: Armory being a generally hated book, but it's before my time.
>>
>>50573277

Only if we can bring in my plot hook where a "Chinese investor" (actually an Angel) attempts to buy controlling shares in Utopia Now and both subvert their dream of an independent ocean-state and turn them into more of a Demon-hunting cult.

But yes, I adore Hong Kong and can see ready ideas for every gameline for it. Really need to catch up on Chris' Forsaken chronicle set there.
>>
>>50573239

>Who are you?

https://youtu.be/LExMYaC0Rkg
>>
>>50573177

>Vampire: Damascus
Ancient city modern problems
>Werewolf: Singapore
Ultra-clean, Ultra-modern. Time for some bloodshed
>Mage:New York City
il caput mundi. Nexus of power and culture. With more paradox risks then you can count.
>Changeling: Vienna
Fairy-tale city.
>Hunter: Miami
I'm picturing 'Miami Vice' with supernatural cocaine/gay werewolves
>Geist: Varnassi
Ancient city with a history of death, purification, and all that.
>Mummy:Las Vegas
You're telling me you don't want a cult headquartered at the Luxor?
>Demon:Berlin
Classic spy town.
>Promethean:Reykjavik
Small city not too many places to go before the pitchforks come out.
>>
>>50573487
>Acting like 9/11 was never addressed
Poor, poor Geist ;_;

Don't the X20 books also address 9/11? I'm sure Richard "UbiSoft's Tom Clancy's" Dansky will find it easy to write about 9/11.
>>
>>50574113

Mage is getting NYC in the next book!

>>50574196

Hey, I'm the only human being to have ever played too much Geist. And I don't know if X20 has, but Orpheus touched on it IIRC.
>>
>>50574228
I ran a Geist game for like six months, Jakki. It's the longest game I've run.
>>
>>50574399

I had a friend who refused to ST anything but. We did two and a half chronicles, plus one-shots.
>>
>>50574410
Tell me more.
Also, I thought that said "I'm the only human to have played Geist"
>>
>>50573088
>would you read/buy a Dark Eras style book where each chapter is a modern day city instead of a historical era? nWOD seems to be allergic to city books but I honestly kind of miss them and I reckon they could be good in such a compendium.

Hell yes, I would. A few ideas

>Vampire: Dubai.
Ultramodern playground of the rich with a fantastic nightlife, surrounded by the sea and the desert. Tension between western influences and Arabic culture and a chance to explore Vampire through the lens of another Abrahamic religion.

>Changeling: Las Vegas
I always vote for this. Lost Vegas is American Arcadia. A land of lies and stories where you can be what you're not, even just for a little bit. Where fate and luck appear to rule everything, even if the game is secretly rigged. The Courts of Hearts, Diamonds, Clubs, and Spades- power is traded every financial quarter on a single game of chance - have a lot of influence in the town, and very little on the supernatural side occurs without their knowledge and/or say-so.

>Hunter: Hong Kong
Maybe it's the martial-arts movie fan in me, but I bet you can picture it too.
>>
I didn't get a survey. How sad.

>>50573088
>would you read/buy a Dark Eras style book where each chapter is a modern day city instead of a historical era?
I'd rather something like the Mirrors Shards. There have been a few good Shards, but I really want more.
>>
>>50574447
>Maybe it's the martial-arts movie fan in me, but I bet you can picture it too.
>"I'm Wei Shen motherfucker! Who are you?!
>Proceeds to dust a Vampire Triad boss.
>>
>>50574511
Well I know what I'm running next.
>>
>>50572364

>Dracula explicitly insults Americans
>-forgets most of WW fans and consumers are American
>Dracula thinks being ultra-edgy is the same as being artistic and cool
>-learned nothing from the 1990's

>BAKA

One World of Darkness is shaping up to be One World of Douches
>>
>>50574447
>>50574511
Speaking of martial arts triad fights, you know what's always felt like a very *Changeling* scene of all things?

The rooftop fight with the Blood Chinois in Ultraviolet. I barely remember the scene itself (except for the really stupid as shit awesome "dodge all the bullets and make everyone kill each other" part), it just stood out to me as so... weird and fantastical. Magical future vampire talking with weird mafia guys on the rooftop with the bloodred sunset. That's what Changeling is all about to me. That kind of weird sort of thing.
Which holy shit I just found out there's an Ultraviolet anime.
>>
>>50574228
>Mage is getting NYC in the next book

NYC is not in Signs of Sorcery, the next Mage book. It will be in Tome of the Pentacle, the second supplement (which still isn't even in first draft).

Here's Dave's summary of NYC:

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/mage-the-awakening/114668-ask-a-simple-question-awakened-edition/page93
>>
>>50574862
He's not wrong that to do "progressive analysis" you need to have sexual violence, oppression, poverty, etc featured prominently and played and explored. And "excusing them" (I think he meant excluding) does smack of Victorian/American moralism and conservativism.
The problem isn't so much what he's saying as how he's saying it, though. Insulting typical American attitudes--and he's right, look how we overreact to nip slips but don't bat an eye at a bit of the old ultra violence--isn't the same as insulting Americans, and he'd also like for White Wolf to have more international fans, or at least to play to international markets (which, by the way, Onyx Path has already been doing).

I'm not Jakki, but I'm pretty sure her fear--and certainly my fear--isn't so much being ultra "edgy", but in failing to depict these real world groups with any sense of verisimilitude. I mean, I *hope* that queer people are now common enough that they can write for White Wolf and keep the company from being weirdly problematic or whatever, but he just really sounds like he thinks things like Tribebook: Children of Gaia was a great progressive thing.

I mean, he *is* going to be edgy. Dirty Secrets of the Black Hand all over the fucking place. Pedophile priests bursting with cockroaches and whatnot. Full ass-raping stiffness for no reason because vampires can't FEEEEEL. But him being edgy isn't what I'm worried about the most. Him being edgy in a way that he thinks is progressive is what worries me.

Blood and souls.
>>
>>50574932
>Using the world "problematic" unironically
>>
>Question: What two splatbooks work the best together?

I'm really liking the idea of a Demon-Mage campaign, hunting secrets and doing spy stuff.
>>
>>50571835
>I'm profoundly averse to crunch.
You know nothing of the crunch!
>>
File: BloodSunglasses.jpg (415KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
BloodSunglasses.jpg
415KB, 600x600px
>>50575104
Vampire Changeling

Blood Vampire and Emotion Vampire. The victim and abuse cycle. Manipulating mortals for fun and profit. Tentative grasp of their former lives and their sense of self

Throw in a Strix / Huntsman antag combo and they're the same game.
>>
Hey, do you think you could use the Time 4 attainment, "Time in a bottle" on a legacy attainment?
>>
>>50572348
>ren faire / medieval recreationism
It's essentially a freeform LARP except for the highly regulated combat. Trust me, you'll blend into a LARP like a total natural.
>>
>>50575265
>Palladium ?
>>
>>50575277
Also small amounts of trite pettiness masked as political intrigue
>>
>>50575265
>You know nothing of the crunch!

HERO System of how I miss thee...

#IHateFATE
>>
>>50560200
>Is it actually viable?
Yes it is. Gargoyle PCs can work just fine, just remember to be aware of the troubles your character will have (basically zero appearance, with no obfuscate). Try to find someone who can teach you obfuscate, or talk to your ST about purchasing it as an out-of-clan discipline at character creation, otherwise your character is likely to end up more a hindrance than a helpful character in your group.

>>50560200
>Also are they all necessarily dumb as fuck?
No. While the embrace often shatters a Gargoyle's previous memories into a thousand pieces, they don't turn into "herp a derp" idiots. They are amnesiacs, not idiots.

A gargoyle might not remember whether he ever owned a car, or where he learned to drive one, but he will likely still remember the actual skills needed to make use of it. Same with computers, firearms, etcetera.
>>
>>50575042
>Complaining about someone using the word problematic unironically.

"Homophobic" didn't really seem appropriate, since it's not really a hateful discrimination, and "heterosexist" would probably have had people getting pissy. Either way, books like Tribebook: Children of Gaia certainly have elements that could be considered a "problem" in that they're clearly well intentioned, but ultimately insulting and cringey.

I mean, I know people get all whiny if you link it, but this is a review of the book
http://projects.inklesspen.com/fatal-and-friends/kurieg/tribebook-children-of-gaia/
It has quotes.
>>
Any suggestions for specific Drug Influence Conditions? Like, what could they do: add/penalize attribute/skill dots?
>>
>>50571272
Go for it. It's not "special snowflake" at all.

Special snowflake would be going "I LEGALLY OWN A MODERN FIGHTER JET, COMPLETE WITH WEAPONRY!" when your character is not an eccentric and highly-influential billionaire with the nation's military in their pocket.
>>
>>50575469
I don't see much problem with it, aside from just plain old not-so-great-writing.

Maybe I need to go Czechoslovakia my privilege.
>>
>>50574196
>Don't the X20 books also address 9/11?

Yep. It was stated to be one of those few things in World of Darkness that no supernatural actually had a hand in; just plain ol' human stupidity and hate, showcasing how you don't always need some ancient evil force pulling strings in order for misery to spread; humans are more than capable of destroying our iwn lives without outside "help".

Of course, that didn't stop certain western vampires from blaming certain middle-eastern vampires of how it was all a plot by the "dirty turban-heads" and whatnot. Nor did it stop vampires from taking advantage of America's rampant xenophobia and paranoia, like the Patriot act.
>>
>>50575521
It's tasteless and stupid.
It's even worse than that sidebar everyone felt was so insulting.

It's straight people writing about gay people as if gays were strange exotic peoples... while also saying how the gays are just like us.
>>
>>50571962
...Ethnic?
But no. The thing about the Knights is that they are mortals.
>>
No info at all on Hunter 2e?
>>
>>50575577
But why do you care?
>>
>>50575623
There will be some Metaplot about how the Hunt Club took over the Ashwood Abbey, and turned them into Slashers, but that's all we know this far.
>>
>>50574447
Didn't someone do a Changeling Las Vegas homebrew at some point?
>>
>>50575634
Because I dislike seeing my demographics portrayed in insultingly bad ways that are meant to be praiseworthy. And to bring it back around, I'm worried that World of Darkness is going to have more of that in the future.

>>50575646
It's not going to be "metaplot", and I really hope they don't go with that. I think the Abbey should be more like the Pure in presentation, but the whole Hunt Club takeover/merger thing is dumb.
>>
>>50575735
The Abbey should be the Bear Lodge with more bored rich people.
>>
I hope Hunter 2e arts will reach the first edition's levels of wtf
>>
>>50575762
I don't like the Bear Lodge either. I think the Bear Lodge and Hunt Club are pointless.

I like the Abbey, I just don't think they should be "protagonists". I've talked previously about how I don't think they should be considered capital-H Hunters because they're doing it for kicks, not on any sort of Vigil.

>>50575791
It's a weird art style, but I don't see anything wrong about it. It's depicting the Wrathful Sword of Saint Michael. Where you get to shout THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELLS YOU as you beat someone.
>>
>>50575851
Why don't you like the Bear Lodge? They're the perfect werewolf Hunters. And I think some of the Abbey do hold a Vigil of sorts. Even Cheiron does, despite their main goal being making money. I do agree that the Hunt Club shouldn't even be a compact. It's a purely antagonistic organisation.
>>
>>50575851
>I don't think they should be considered capital-H Hunters because they're doing it for kicks, not on any sort of Vigil.
That's like saying that some people who shoot deer, but happened to gain a license to because a governing agency wants to control wildlife population, are not people who shoot deer.
>>
>>50575791
That crowbar deals aggravated damage, scary shit
>>
So who here hype for The Secrets of the Covenants release today?
>>
>>50575905
>>50575902
The game is called Hunter: The Vigil.
The Vigil is the theme of the game and should inform everything about the game. You're the candle in the dark. Whether you're a sociopath who thinks that all evil must be cleansed and humanity purified, or you're a drunken wash-up who can't leave a problem alone, the kind of Hunters the game should focus on are the kind of people who are on a Vigil.

The Abbey--as well as the Hunt Club, Bear Lodge, Null Mysteriis, Faithful of Shulpae, even The Cheiron Group, and maybe the Knights of Saint Adrian--aren't on a Vigil. that's not to say that I don't like these groups. Some of them I do. That's also not to say that I like all the groups that I didn't list. But what the groups I did list have in common is that they hunt for a different reason from the majority of Hunter groups. They're not driven to do it out of a desire to help people or because they believe that monsters are sin incarnate. They do it for fun or profit.

I mean, I know there are going to be members of Network Zero who do it for the internet points and not to LET THE PEOPLE KNOW, or members of the Union who are more concerned with killing monsters for being *different* than because they're a threat. But those organizations as a whole are upholding a Vigil.

>Bear Lodge
I just find their gimmick sort of lame. They're also yet another organization of "regular" hunters that hunt monsters as well. Ashwood Abbey already covers most of their The Most Dangerous Game gimmick.
The Hunt Club shouldn't be a Compact because the way that Slashers-as-the-template work in the book don't really group up. They had to write rules specifically to address the fact that Slashers shouldn't be able to use Tactics.
The Slasher template itself and the way Tactics work are two of my least favourite aspects of Hunter, and I really hope they fix them to be less dumb. Although I also don't think Slasher even needs to be a template at all.
>>
What are good numina for a familiar? I definitely like 'blast' and 'drain' sounds handy.
>>
>>50575916
It's not a crowbar you nincompoop, it's a wrench. (Monkey wrench to be precise.)
>>
>>50576272
Try and stay thematic. What's it a Spirit of?
>>
>>50576299
Haven't decided yet. Combat/Social focused character.
>>
>>50576308
Build character first, mechanics later.
>>
>>50576308
What >>50576323 said.
We can advise you on stuff to fit a Spirit of a certain kind, but really you shouldn't just be chosing what's "best".

I mean, your character can have sought out such a spirit, having learned of their ability to blast others freely from Twilight without spending Essence, but really build the design first, then fit all the mechanics in.

What's your Mage like? What they are will determine what kind of Spirit they might like.
A bartender character in my current game has a Familiar Spirit which is one of Drunkenness.
I've had a Moros who had the Ghost of a friend as a familiar, who died in a blood savaging at the hands of a Vampire.
And an Obrimos obsessed with Fate who had a Spirit of Luck as a familiar.
>>
what are some interesting ideas for slasher antagonists? my group is doing an FBI slasher-of-the-week thing, im considering just poaching the various criminals from Hannibal but i think they might have seen it
>>
>>50576575
There's nothing original under the sun. Just research killers from Hannibal, Dexter, Criminal Minds, etc. and tweak them to fit your games theme.
>>
>>50576575
1) Someone extremely normal, with no deep-seated psychological problems, who kills for seemingly no reason and without making a big scene.
2) The police finds a single victim of apparent ritual sacrifice, but further investigation reveals completely different murders in different cities, but all carried out at the same time.
3) The team is sent to investigate the crime scene of a typical slasher movie, and is confronted by the psychotic survivors.
>>
>>50574863
idk I mostly found that movie god awful.

>>50574550
I would love to play my Crime Drama that just HAPPENS to have vampires in it.
>>
>>50576713
>idk I mostly found that movie god awful.
It is. And the atrocious editing just made it worse.
>>
>>50576346
His background is a farm boy that got a football scholarship. While he was home for Christmas break he found himself waking up literally and figuratively in the remains of his families house.

The Guardians picked him up while he was trying to explain to the sheriff that he can see 'demons' and was eventually ferried to the Arrow for training. His main goals are rebuilding the farm and figuring what the hell happened during his awakening.

I linked my early draft of the character sheet earlier in the thread if you're interested.
>>
>>50576748
So like, you have no clue how or why you Awakened?
I mean, I guess it's possible, but something would have had to have removed his memories.
But really it'd have to be another Mage.
Removing crucial memories such as those would be antithetical to the purpose of a Wraith, the only other such individual who could have cause to do so immediately during/prior to Awakening.
>>
>>50571449
Don't forget you need piloting speciality in Drive to actually fly it.

>>50572519
I like the fact you took exception to ponies and not shitting dick nipples

>>50572639
>>50572673
Same here. Ofc there are parts which push leftism to much, but that doesn’t prevent from liking good parts. I'm not fan of boycotting good product only because of wrong think of its producer, like some people are fond to.

>>50575486
What about same effects as drugs do? I think I saw rules for them in Dark Eras.
>>
>>50576782
The character know there was an explosion without heat or sound. The splinters of the house turned into vines and branches and he was in the primal wild.

I'm leaving the cause of the boom vague so the GM can use it as a plot hook. Personally I think it was spirit/werewolf shenanigans.
>>
>>50576740
>>50576713
>idk I mostly found that movie god awful.
Doesn't mean it can't be enjoyable! I don't think I've ever rewatched it, but I think I'm about to.

>>50576808
>Don't forget you need piloting speciality in Drive to actually fly it.
Anon, the guy's character is rich. He has other people to pilot for him.

̶T̶h̶e̶r̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶s̶u̶c̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶p̶u̶s̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶L̶e̶f̶t̶i̶s̶m̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶r̶y̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶l̶r̶e̶a̶d̶y̶ ̶f̶a̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶R̶i̶g̶h̶t̶.̶
>>
Why the hell are the non-camarilla clans the most fun while nobody wants to play a non-cam game?
I'm bored of writing dumb reasons why my vamp would join them every game.
>>
>>50577565
What clans do you prefer, and why?
>>
>>50577565
Make them Independent or a double agent?
>>
What's the covenant that was always the last player characters' choice in your games?
>>
>>50577920
Lancea et Sanctum. Always. My players cannot care about religion
>>
>>50577955
Honestly for me the Invictus is the only good choice. Carthians secondly. All the others seem to require low humanity to have any fun and I like keeping atleast middling humanity.
>>
>>50577754
To be honest I like most with the exception of brujah nosferatu assamite and gangrels.My personal favourites would be Tzimisce and Ravnos I guess,mainly for their gimmicky abilities.
>>
>>50577995
Eh, not really. You can be nearly any pagan you want with the Circle of the Crone, and the Ordo Dracul can be played as wanting to do less harm to the world, among other things.
>>
>>50578025
Except that Crùac is a heavy tax on Humanity
>>
>>50578025
Cruac while fun and powerful just wrecks your humanity. And the Ordo Dracul are all evil vampire scientists.
>>
>>50578040
There are a few cults that actually don't use Cruac at all, due to it creating too much of an imbalance. However, it won't knock your Humanity below normal levels until 4, and even then, it doesn't force you to do anything evil. In fact, the Circle specially honors those who reach high Status without ever killing anyone; they play a unique role in the covenant.

>>50578065
The Ordo Dracul has a secret society devoted to nothing but the proliferation of goodness, the Ladder-Sworn. It's not that big, but they can only recruit from within the covenant; morally upstanding Dragons aren't all that rare.
>>
>>50578087
>There are a few cults that actually don't use Cruac at all
I call those people bitch ass niggas
Though for realsies I feel that by being a member of a certain covenant and not taking advantage of its benefits feels a bit lame and makes the game harder on yourself. Unless you ABSOLUTELY love the character concept, then more power to you.
>>
>>50578142
Wasn't Sworn of the Axe forbidden to learn Coils or something? Because of a spat between Anoushka and Mara?
>>
What would Corvo be in Cfod/WoD?
>>
>>50578193
I don't remember if they ever were, but they're definitely not now.
>>
>>50578065
>Ordo Dracul are all evil vampire scientists
Maybe a bit mad, but evil?
>>
>>50578142
Covenants also offer merits and social power: a vampire focusing on giving political power and standing to his own covenant (like, say, politically opposing Lanceas hunts on the Crone being made law) may never learn rituals, and are not even needed for his character concept.
>>
>>50578376
Evil is the default for Covenants.
>>
>>50575664
It's been done here and there, yeah. I think it could be fleshed out much more fully with the new Court systems in 2e.
>>
>>50578197
Edgy.
>>
>>50578433
Evil is the default for vampires.
>>
>>50578433
>>50578479
Monstrous is the default, not evil
>>
>>50578507
The concept of vampires are inherently evil. Bloodsuckng parasites the lot of em.
>>
>>50552237
I go for somewhere in between oWoD and nWoD. Most prominent in Vampire where there's both Noddism and the Lancea Sanctum, for example. Though it's using VtM mechanics so that's mostly flavour.

>>50567624
In my experience the biggest thing about running VtM is that your typical game will have a lot more character focus than other games might. Figure out who all of the NPCs are before the game starts, and have some information about what other characters they interact with the most, who the leaders of the Domain are, and some about each NPC's motivations, aspirations, and personality. That's something that can often help other games than VtM but it's especially useful for VtM.

>>50574113
>Reykjavik
I liked their "Shadows of Iceland" that they put out. Pity it was only an April Fool's thing and only like 13 pages or so.
>>
I am playing my first darkages campagn soon, what is a cool concept for a char in 1242?
>>
>>50575280
You set all of your Legacy Attainments to use their Fixed Reach on something other than Instant Casting. Extended Duration, probably, because the disappearance of Prolonged Duration (now everything is either Transitory or Advanced Prolongation) hurts a lot of spells.

You'd have to spend a Mana whenever you want to activate your Attainments now rather than over the course of a scene, though. Luckily you've got Legacy Oblations to help regain the Mana you'll spend doing that.
>>
>>50578883
Where will the game be set?
>>
>>50578883
Displaced Greek former noble whose lands were taken by the Crusaders during the 4th Crusade some 4 decades before.
Gives you some time to have been a vampire, and it is part of the era.
>>
File: well huh.gif (2MB, 288x288px) Image search: [Google]
well huh.gif
2MB, 288x288px
>>50576808
>>50577041
Well, he was a pilot as a mortal, I'd be remiss to not take the specialty even if I wasn't trying to start with a plane.

Also
>character is a vampire scholar
>mfw owning an airplane would make him traveling across the country on his own to study things actually feasible

I don't doubt that some werewolves can fly, but it'd be hard for them to catch a plane flying at 150 mph 1000 feet up. Certainly harder than jumping on whatever poor fool was trying to drive.
>>
>>50577920

Carthian, i can make all the covenants shine and make my player sweat the choice of covenant because they like all.....except the carthians.

I just cant take seriously people who wear a che guevara t-shirt, expose manifiestos and talk about social justice. It gives me flashbacks to my collegue days with pretensious twats talking about the evils of capitalism and how marxs was right. So they are always either the worst parody of innefectual sjw that everyone ignores when the adults are talking or just the antagonist faction.
>>
>>50579210
Werewolves, at least nWoD ones, can cause your plane to have a general malfunction just by looking at it though.
>>
>>50578538
An entirely understandable attitude, and one I very much enjoy fighting.
>>
>>50579388
oWoD ones.
>>
>>50579388
IS there a range on the Gift of Technology?

I feel like there should be a distance after which the spirit inhabiting the device can't hear you.
>>
>>50579388

Well the werewolves would have to know there is a vampire on the plane before crashing it. Unless they routinely crash planes that fly over then.

Maybe that would be Dracula explanation for 9/11
>>
>>50579560
Knowing Garou and their general complete disregard for collateral damage when fighting the Wyrm?

I'd buy that they crash planes just in case there's a Vampire on it.

And if there isn't, hey, victory against the Weaver, right?
>>
>>50579210
>>50579388
They can also summon so nasty storm that your aircraft will feel as paper plane.
>>
>>50579249

You could just have them be another government type in your city. Our Carthian's more or less an AnCap, for example. Carthians are basically down for any style of government that isn't the typical Invictus style, it's just that Vampire Communism is the easiest one to get across in the book.

Another thing to remember is that no matter what their deal is, very rarely would their proposed alternative government be good for Mortals, or at least by any better than what the Invictus have. Humans are the means of production, the free market, the mining rights, etc.
>>
>>50579616
How would a Carthian Fascist government be?
>>
>>50579588

Yeaaah no, thats not how it works really. If every philodox on that sept dissappears and every garou were a retard....or a fianna maybe otherwise thats not a viable plan really.
>>
>>50578900

It is set in Valencia, so one theme is the reconquista and life between two different cultures.

>>50578934

Sounds kinda cool, alot of the group sounded like they wanted to be verry possitive towords the church so it might be fun to make that a potential point of conflict.

Thanks, would love some more if anyone has a cool idea :)
>>
>>50579535
Line of Sight, I think... Don't think anything was specified...

>>50579560
Yeah, but if the Vampire is fleeing in one, and they know the plane is vampire-piloted there's another thing.
>>
I can't find any availability rules for vehicles in the Chronicles of Darkness core book. Are they just not there? Am I just missing them?
>>
>>50579643

A strong, most likely city or region-wide only Vampire Hero myth as the basis of rule. Blood Hunts are probably very common, with a not-insiginificant amount being unofficial but approved by the party leader.

Hunting Grounds would be opened up to all the people, with no offical lords and barons, but the controlling party would probably encourage large coteries similar in structure to corporations that would be in charge of maintaining their respective grounds to compete for the largest national Blood Profit. These corporations would most likely be purged often, once the party came to believe that one coterie was working for their own personal Blood Profit and not for the Domain.

There would probably be some kind of loose alliance attempt with the Ordo and the Lancea, as the party would be focused on molding the Vampire for the New Century politically, physically, and spiritually. Ordo would probably have a steadier relationship than the Lancea, especially if the Lancea doesn't want to get with the program. Invictus members who aren't smart enough to get on the overseeing coteries are purged, Crone worshippers are considered decadent and purged, unless they can tie their faith into the Hero myth before the Lancea can (in which case the Lancea is purged).

The party would have a more liberal policy on Embracing, with the caveat that weakness and decadence would not be tolerable in a candidate. Diablerie would probably be encouraged to some extent. Heavy, HEAVY focus on keeping up with the times technologically.

Elders would be looked upon with suspicion, as Ancillae and especially Neonates are the inheritors of the New Vampiric Spirit. Elders who torpored to a lower BP state would be burned upon arising.

A Fascist Carthian in power would also attempt to start wars with other Domains in an attempt to start a Camarilla-esque empire. Naturally, this means this type of Carthian is a huge Masquerade risk, and they probably wouldn't want one at all.
>>
What would be a fun way to spin a Toreador Pornomancer/Casanova trope. I would like to play around and see if it could be a coon concept for a char if made well.
>>
>>50575301
FATE failed its pitch to me so hard. I don't even necessarily have a problem with low crunch, but just getting into the DF book.

"So what do you offer."
>"Aspects."
"Well, I guess that's cool, but what kind of stats do you have?"
>"Aspects."
"Uh... Is that an answer? Well, when do you roll dice?"
>"Aspects!"
"Right, so uh, how many dice do you roll?"
>"ASPECTS!"
"You know what? Fuck you. Fuck your stupid little game. Fuck ever reading any more of your shit."

People say that the layout on that one was the worst, but I'm serious about letting the damn crap pile kill itself.
>>
>>50580453

Maybe they mostly function as a matchmaker/Cyrano type?
>>
>>50580690

The whole point is that the mechanics are barely in your way except to create drama and push the cinematic barrative forward.
>>
>>50580711
I was thinking more a sex addict, but it might be fun to have his great fixation be true love and creating it between mortals. That could be cool
>>
>>50573088
I still want to do a lengthier write-up for Hong Kong somewhere.

Paris, too.
>>
>>50581157

And I would glady pay for either!
>>
>>50581157
What would be an interesting city for werewolf? Something people might not think about first blush.
>>
>>50581189
Las Vegas. A testament to human alienation and decadence in the same desert as one of the least hospitable places in the country.
>>
>>50580762
This also results in every character feeling exactly the same, mechanically.
>>
>>50579727
>implying every garou ISN'T a violent retard
>>
>>50580879
>it might be fun to have his great fixation be true love and creating it between mortals. That could be cool
I really like this idea.
>>
>>50581454

That's what Aspects stop from happening, though, and to a lesser extent Stunts as well. "Problem Childe of Richard Brant" is going to lead to very different invokes and compels than "Hammer of Chicago's Witches" and "They Tell Stories About The Thing In The Sewers." A character who has high Fight and Physique is absolutely going to feel different from one who emphasizes Contacts and Resources, and doubly so in FAE's Approaches model with Flashy, Careful, Forceful, etc.

I also like Fate because it allows for massive discrepancies in power level to not be an issue, so that a 200 year old vampire and a fledgling can be in the same story without the former having a trainwreck of a character sheet and the latter feeling useless.
>>
www.drivethrurpg.com/product/199280/Secrets-of-the-Covenants?affiliate_id=498510
www.drivethrurpg.com/product/199275/Chronicles-of-Darkness-Hurt-Locker?affiliate_id=498510
>>
>>50581847
Admittedly the last time I tried FATE was Spirit of the Century and Dresden Files RPG, so maybe it's been improved since then.
>>
>>50581996
>>
>>50581872

Dresden Files is clunky garbage, and I'm saying that as a fan of it. Go read Fate Core or one of the pay-what-you-want settings (Secrets of Cats and Eagle Eyes are both amazing), they're free and much better.
>>
>>50581871
Affiliate links? *disappoint*
Also they look rather expensive compared to to full book bang-for-buck-wise.
>>
>>50582114

Disappoint why? I copied the links from a forum thread.
>>
>>50582168
He was hoping for you to give him pirate links, rather than somewhere he can pay money for them.

They literally just came out; nobody's uploaded them yet.
>>
>>50582168
In that case I'm *disappoint* at the forum poster.
>>
>>50582223
Not really I just consider it bad form to try to profit from posting fricking link.
>>
>>50582223

I don't even have the money to buy them for myself, they've been out for maybe ten minutes, and I'm not going to post pirate links anyway because I try to support OPP.
>>
>>50582276
Oh, I didn't even see that bit. Thought you meant DTRPG as affiliated with OPP.
>>
>>50580453
>>50580711
>>50580879
>>50581533
PAU Toreador.
https://youtu.be/bTomsgnRZFk
>>
>>50582276
I don't see a problem with it, though I'm not going to click any old stranger's affiliate links.
>>
>>50583029
Sounds more like a Toreador whose life's work is trying to turn awkward virgins and shitty pick-up-artist into actual woman-pleasing Casanovas, judging by that video and the preceding discussion.
>>
>>50581847
>A character who has high Fight and Physique is absolutely going to feel different from one who emphasizes Contacts and Resources, and doubly so in FAE's Approaches model with Flashy, Careful, Forceful, etc.

This is just not my experience with the system. The -4 to +4 range of the Fudge dice always seemed to overmatch the relatively small bonuses you got from stats and Aspects, making characters generally feel the same to me.
>>
>>50583194
That would also actually be a pretty neat concept.
"No, no, you dumb fucker, you're going about this all wrong. No one is feeling *good*, you're just *fucking*. What's the *point*?"

>>50583202
The Fudge dice are rolled in such a way that they're intended to cancel each other out.
>>
>>50583361
>That would also actually be a pretty neat concept.
>"No, no, you dumb fucker, you're going about this all wrong. No one is feeling *good*, you're just *fucking*. What's the *point*?"
I like this. I like this a lot.
>Toreador angry that he can't feel real pleasure himself anymore without victimizing people so he's dedicating his unlife to making sure mortals experience and APPRECIATE worldly pleasures God damn it!
>>
>>50575277
That is one murderous miko.

Reimu clearly works as a Hunter, but is bullshit enough to be a Mage.
>>
>>50583202
Huh, usually it's the other way around with Core (and DFRPG): stacking free invokes of Aspects via the Create an Advantage action and/or throwing Fate Points at things overwhelms the narrow dice band.

>>50583361
The dice curve has a +0 result at the top, but we all know RNGeezus is a cruel god.
>>
>>50581157
>Paris, too.

Paris would be gorgeous for Geist.
>>
>>50583404
You're going to be a hedonist and like it

>>50583658
Yeah, this is basically something anyone going into Fate should keep in mind. The dice are not actually going to make a difference much, since the bell curve tops out at zero. Your Aspects and actual Skills are going to quickly outweigh that pretty fast. I also really liked the Stunts in Dresden Files.

Unfortunately I didn't like the bulk of that game, and couldn't understand the magic rules or the combat.
>>
>>50584158

A lot of Fate's design decisions make a lot more sense when you realize it was original designed to improve on Amber Diceless.
>>
>>50584196
>A lot of Fate's design decisions make a lot more sense when you realize it was original designed to improve on Amber Diceless.

I think it's worth noting too that Fate was essentially built out of one group's Fudge houserules, so it caters to a very particular style of play.
>>
>>50578894
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I was just wondering if it could work or not.
>>
>>50584196
>>50584231
Was it? Tell me more.
Or maybe I should make a Fate thread. I've wanted to learn more about it, but it's just never grabbed me. Seems like one of those generic systems.
>>
>>50579210
>>character is a vampire scholar
>>mfw owning an airplane would make him traveling across the country on his own to study things actually feasible

So, basically Beckett-lite? Because he uses a plane to get around and is of course a scholar... though he relies on a personal ghoul to fly the plane, rather than piloting it himself.
>>
>>50577041
>̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶r̶y̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶l̶r̶e̶a̶d̶y̶ ̶f̶a̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶R̶i̶g̶h̶t̶
We're not Fascist, so no, we're not nearly Right enough.
>>
>>50575735
>Because I dislike seeing my demographics portrayed in insultingly bad ways that are meant to be praiseworthy
My "demographic" gets portrayed that way all the time. Why is it that I don't care about that, yet you get pissy about whatever?
>>
>>50580104
I'd argue that Cronies would have a much easier time fitting into a fascist ideology. Fascism flowers best on a the Romanticized soil of Blud und Boden, Lancae Sanctum is ultimately abrahamitic and as such way too unviersalistic, undermining the idea of giving precedence to one people or one nation state.
>>
>>50585160

I thought about it after I posted that and yeah, I think you're right. The Crone's ideologies are far more flexible overall.
>>
>>50584990
I'd prefer we pull away from getting there.

>>50585048
Iunno, maybe you should care more instead of being apathetic shit who gets bitchy whenever other people care?
Why is "caring" a bad thing in the first place?

>>50585160
>>50585329
>Fascist Crones
What?
The Crone are pagans. Invictus are the Fascists.
>>
>>50585606
you don't know what fascism is do you?

Invictus are feudal lords. Which is not the same as fascist lords.
>>
>>50585657
in case you fail to find the google:
http://www.governmentvs.com/en/feudalism-vs-fascism/comparison-35-10-0
>>
>>50585606
>He doesn't want a strong economy
>He doesn't want State Capitalism to stop outside influence
>He doesn't want a military force to be feard
Step your game up.

Also I don't care because I'm not a baby who feels they need to concern themselves with every single problem the world has.

>>50585679
>http://www.governmentvs.com/en/feudalism-vs-fascism/comparison-35-10-0
>It clearly states there's a lot of difference between feudalism and fascism
Great job. Also, the best you can do to associate Feudalism with Fascism is NeoFeudalism, but even then, NeoFeudalist Fascism has never really been implemented, ever.
>>
>>50585771
>>It clearly states there's a lot of difference between feudalism and fascism
Yeah, I know. I'm the anon who said there is in fact a difference between the Invictus and fascists. (pointing it out to this illiterate fuck): >>50585657
>>
>>50585819
fuck me I should stop drinking the red right about now I guesss...
>>
>>50585819
Oh, I was confused by your wording.

Anyways, we should probably digress from politics before Aspel starts trying to incite a second Russian civil war.
Thread posts: 352
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.