[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Emperor is the big bad of 40k

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Big E knew about and/or planned on the Heresy happening the whole time, always wanted to be a God, Chaos didn't really lie to Lorgar and he would have killed them all off like the Thunder Warriors anyway.

It's why he didn't listen to Eldrad, or Magnus, why the Chaos Gods felt like the primarchs were their property, and why Emps didn't really do much to stop the Heresy or help his sons when he met them. (Criminally insane Konrad and Nails-in-his-brain Angron are two good examples.) And surely the most powerful psyker ever would have seen something like the Heresy coming!

But how do I know he's the bad guy? Think about it - the Emperor's been all kinds of people throughout history, right? Like Jesus? What did Jesus do?

>Form the foundation for the largest group of religions the world has ever seen, which divided most of the world through its various conflicts over the course of Terra's history.

>Hell, if it weren't for him then Khorne wouldn't have been "born" in the middle ages!

>Not once did he appear again, do his magic tricks and be like "No guys I'm not really God pls stop" despite the fact that it would have fixed everything, and he had millenia to do it.

>It was what he wanted them to do, but there weren't enough people alive at the time to give him ultimate power so he had to wait.

Just as planned.
>>
Wasn't Big E also supposed to be every MAJOR religious prophet?

I also vaguely remember hearing/reading he was Hitler somewhere but don't quote me on that
>>
>>50547055

You're actually kind of right about all that, which is surprising as this kind of topic is usually made by clueless retards who get something or most of the things wrong.

The only problem with this theory is why the Emperor would purposely have himself crippled to the point of near death and put on the throne. Unless that's part of his plan to have humanity feed him forever while he is free to battle (and then conquer?) Chaos as a Warp spirit, or if Horus surprised him in their fight.
>>
Stop drawing your knowledge from memes and read the actual fucking lore.
>>
>>50547158
By being crippled on the throne, his Empire slowly descended into ten thousand years of shitness with the no one to lead it. The religion of the God-Emperor was able to take hold stronger than ever because of all the strife throughout the human worlds. If he instigated all that himself, he's the obvious bad guy because he let it happen, but by martyring himself he's the glorious God-Emperor, being all selfless and awesome to keep us alive or whatever. All that belief and faith for ten thousand years was probably what he wanted, what's a few millenia of agony compared to eternal Godhood?
>>
>>50547055
Go home ADB, you're drunk
>>
The emperor planned for the primarchs to fall. His bargain with the chaos gods was that they would receive half the primarchs as payment for their help. They weren't "stolen" they were sent to the planets that would shape them best into what the emperor needed them for, including tribute to the ruinous powers
>>
>>50547352
>The religion of the God-Emperor was able to take hold stronger than ever because of all the strife throughout the human worlds
Not going to get any stronger than if it were actually enforced
>>
>>50547192
This needs to be said more often than not - thank you.
>>
>>50547121
>The Emperor was Hitler
It all makes sense
>>
File: 175.jpg (756KB, 1141x1575px) Image search: [Google]
175.jpg
756KB, 1141x1575px
>>50547121
He was whoever you want him to have been.

Though in the same fluff, any negative consequences of the Emperor's meddling were just attributed to him fucking up/failing to change human nature.
>>
>>50547055

Everybody and their dog knows this. Reasoning varies but consensus is the same.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.