[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aliens appear and give us a choice. To accept their religion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

Aliens appear and give us a choice. To accept their religion or to die. How would governments and people react?
>>
>>50544718
Surrender but couch it in political terms so the people never realize they've been annexed
>>
>>50544718
See "The Day the Earth stood still"
>>
>>50544718
So long as we get to motorboat hot alien babes, earth would be cool with it.
>>
>>50544718

The major governments would know that fighting the aliens simply isn't a viable option. Any spacefaring civilization has innumerable ways to kill us all without ever giving us a chance to fight back.

So the official policy would be to accept their religion, but there would be a lot of armed resistance to that idea. It would be a shitshow, but a lot of people probably publicly accept the alien religion but practice their own in secret.

Earth is no stranger to religious oppression. We have played this game before.

This is, of course, presuming that is basically just another religion. If it has actual provable miracles or some kind of super-horrifying doctrine/rituals, that can change things.
>>
>>50545752
The guys went to the trouble of traveling several light years just to teach us the word.
Surely there must be something to their faith.
>>
>>50545926

Maybe? Or maybe they are just fanatics.

If human history is any indications, there is a good chance that the aliens imposing their religion on us don't even represent their own civilization. They could just be people that got kicked off of their own world for being insufferable or outdated and unpopular.
>>
>>50545975
>If human history is any indications

?
>>
>>50546334

Whenever a religious of political ideology loses credibility in the western world, the people pushing it just go overseas to try forcing it on people in Africa or southeast Asia instead.

Its like how they end up with our old t-shirts and cell phones, but with weird cults and fringe political movements instead.
>>
>>50544718
Half the world gets glassed the other half obeys. There is no fighting an alien threat. Not realistically any ways. There is a reason air forces / carriers became so powerful and why the statement "He who controls the skies controls the land beneath them." became a thing.

Once the "Or die." part of the message was clear many governments would switch into survival mode aiming to keep as many people / themselves alive as possible.
>>
>>50546988
>Not realistically any ways
Nukes in space. Egregiously large EMPs for days.
>>
>>50546988
Including the muslims?
>>
>>50549720
Relativistic velocities pose greater challenges to space ships.
>>
Which religion? they advanced enough to cross galaxies, they surely have found other cultures and races
>>
>>50549720
That could also kill us all and who is to say they wont be able to disable them? We already have sorta working anti ICBM systems. If we have that now what would they have?

>>50549731
Its all hypothetical. You cant know until the gun is pointed at their head. But I expect about half of humanity to tell the aliens to go fuck themselves.
>>
>>50549720

The EMP effect from nukes is actually less powerful in space because the factors that amplify the effect (Earth's magnetic field/atmosphere) are not present. Even if that was not the case, the EMP is less of a threat than cosmic space radiation the ships have to deal with normally. They probably wouldn't even notice it.
>>
>>50549773
The one where you digitally upload yourself. True tranquility is only possible for those not bound by fleshly bodies.
>>
>>50544718
Do I have to adhere to any specific behaviours? If they're bad or restrictive enough then Imma just blow myself up and try to take some Ayyys with me, but if it's like, go to church four times a year and don't eat Gloobnix Rofthbreads during Myanananaulin, then what the fuck ever, sign me up.
>>
File: CatnWThUAAAeEyR.jpg (55KB, 600x291px) Image search: [Google]
CatnWThUAAAeEyR.jpg
55KB, 600x291px
>>50544718
We reject their religion and dig in for one hell of a fight.
>>
File: Exterminatus_Retribution.jpg (64KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
Exterminatus_Retribution.jpg
64KB, 900x506px
>>50549856
Sure
>>
>>50549886
I fucking told you guys we needed to put more funds into magical girl R&D. But NOOOOO. Not magical girls.
You wanted carriers and drones and tanks.
Well, what good are they now?
>>
>>50549720
>he thinks ayys will just stay there looking at archaic missiles coming for them instead of disabling it easily
>he actually thinks a non-spacefaring race has anything that could possibly harm a spacefaring race's long-travel ships
Oh boy, I hope we don't have anyone like you in power of any relevant nation.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.