[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where can I go to sell Magic cards without getting ripped off

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: content_power9.jpg (659KB, 696x946px) Image search: [Google]
content_power9.jpg
659KB, 696x946px
Im sick of going to stores and wanting to get rid of a bunch of cards I don't want anymore, just to be offered half the cards market value, enduring a sunk cost.

Where can I go / what can I do to not get ripped off if I want to resell some of the cards that I have bought and get back most if not all of the money that I spent on them?
>>
File: 1472159064015.png (93KB, 296x323px) Image search: [Google]
1472159064015.png
93KB, 296x323px
>>50543448
>get back most if not all of the money I spent
that's not how that works, anon.

if you want to sell singles use ebay and if you're selling bulk you're going to either eat a massive loss or sit on that listing forever.
>>
I run a flgs, I have rent and overhead and your card might sit around for a long time.

50% tops man, I got kids.
>>
>>50543448
>"""investing""" in mtg

People still fall for this meme
>>
>>50543575

I just don't see a point in holding onto a griselbrand or carvern of souls when I hardly ever play with the damn thing.

>>50543506

Guess im off to ebay then.
>>
>>50543647
why not build some wacky and fun decks with your spare cards and play them with friends?
>>
>>50543575
it works longish term I do it to support my gaming. my latest get were spellskite, went from like $2 to current, all the fetches, Liliana of tge veil from $30 to current, shit like that

just pick good cards and trade tgem and buy them. I probably got like 32 spells kites when they were cheap. then I traded a bunch of them for shocklands and new fetches I'm constantly seating on cards cause I just play commander and drafts. golgar I grave trolls were a few cents a year or so ago, I got a box full somewhere from trades and dollar rare binders. I need to sell them now cause dredge will get banned soon again.
even for 50% I trade up. it's not a get money scheme by any means but I never spend money in cards unless is ftv or for my cube.
>>
>>50543506
my flgs buys slightly higher and sells slightly lower. the tighter margin has been enough to generate extremely high product turnaround resulting in a higher net income than simply using scg listings and expecting to move product.
as a matter of fact the dude just opened his third brick & mortar store using this model and the money just keeps rolling in.
>>
>>50543448
If you want most of your money back you're going to have to inventory your collection (the money cards). No one is going to pay you $5000 for 1000 cards if you don't put the effort into listing the cards that make the pile worth $5000. And those cards alone better be at least $4500 alone and that value better be concentrated in no more than 20 cards (leaving the buyer to decide whether the remaining 4980 are worth $500, which often they'll decide not).
>>
>>50543448

It's not that stores are ripping you off, they have to resell those cards at the market value price so they cannot give you market value price. Mind you for best prices you should probably look into selling either on ebay or list it up on some facebook groups or forums in your area for what you are looking to sell.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.