[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 374
Thread images: 52

File: impwepgeneral.jpg (276KB, 1271x1500px) Image search: [Google]
impwepgeneral.jpg
276KB, 1271x1500px
How Do You Pronounce "Skitarii" edition

>Previous thread.
>>50531394

>Freshest Rules:
https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Stale PDFs:
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!ddAxALZD
>https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQs
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2016/11/22/warhammer-40000-rulebook-final-faq/

>Outdated FAQs and Errata:
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (BRING A CLOWN HOME WITH YOU):
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb
>>
first for Krieg Grenadiers are OoS on FW
>>
How many raptors are appropriate for Night Lords?
>>
>impractical weapon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q4u6TsAPeA
>>
Currently if you give a Space Marine Captain a bike you unlock Bikers as Troops.

How would you feel about GW expanding on this Troops bonus?

>Captain with jump pack unlocks Assault Marines
>Captain with Terminator armor unlocks Terminators
>Chaos Lord with bike unlocks Chaos Bikers
>Chaos Lord with jump pack unlocks Raptors
>Chaos Lord with terminator armor unlocks Chaos Terminators
>Warboss is mega armor unlocks Mega Nobz
>etc.
>>
Fourth for are we ever going to get another actual fucking codex again? This game has become really stale, and I'm getting tired of no stat lines changing, or points costs adjusting. You can't just band-aid formations over everything.
>>
>>50539474
all of them
>>
>>50539474
all of them
>>
>>50539549
Termies and assault marines would be fine.

Normal SM having access to plasma and meltaguns on their assault squads would be nice, too.
>>
>>50539549

I think that would be a sweet version of the game where nothing is considered a troop unless you had a certain HQ
>>
>>50539549
Oh, and having some slightly more shooty options for HQs would be nice. Most of the time they are relegated to melee characters or buffers with no dakka of their own.
>>
>>50539549

You started the game in 6th edition, didn't you?
>>
File: 1478219762564.jpg (351KB, 1280x952px)
1478219762564.jpg
351KB, 1280x952px
>>50539413
I need you, plastic sisters.
>>
>>50539549
Force Org modification is the old way of doing things. These days they'd just do formations.
>>
So, a thought occurs to me as an Eldar player: Storm Guardians, usually considered the worst unit in the 'dex, might not be too bad against GSC. Squad of 10 with 2 flamers for 90 point, they have plasma grenades and melee weapons. Might be a good unit for bubblewrapping/objective holding, yes? Also could be a good buffer against that charge-from-deep-strike-on-turn-one thing they do. Anyone tried this yet?
>>
>>50539680
Sort of. I know Orks had the biker bonus in their previous codex and Blood Angels had Assault Marine Troops as well. If the biker bonus is still around for marines I don't see why it shouldn't be implemented for other wargear and armies.
>>
>>50539712
>shouldn't be implemented for other wargear and armies.
Frankly, it probably shouldn't exist for marines. Mainly all it does it give them ObSec bikers, which I don't think is a great idea.
>>
So is it possible to talk about WoM without skub wars yet? Because I wanna talk about the fluff about the number of TSons mentioned in the book.

Before now we had a mention of something like 1200 TS surviving Prospero in ATS. I think this book has either retconned that or shows that TS can recruit and resummon/create more rubric marines. Specifically this part here
>The Exalted Sorcerers and Daemon Princes who rule the Silver Towers each command many of these thrallbands, which may be gathered together into hundreds-strong task forces called Exalted Thrallbands. Their followers comprise the raiding forces through which Tzeentch enacts some of his most violent schemes upon the galaxy.

Now doing the math here 9 silver towers attacked Fenris. That means at minimum 900 sorcerers on Fenris from the towers. Ahriman is said to have doubled the forces of Magnus buy bringing the exiles although this is more vague.
>In summoning his fellow Exiles and their thrallbands to war, Ahriman all but doubled the martial strength the Crimson King brought to bear.

So at this point we have 1800 TS sorcerers at bare minimum. This does not count any of the Rubricae or Scarabs only the sorcerers and Aspiring sorcerers leading them as no numbers are given for them.

So what do you guys think about this? Its not even mentioned how many silver towers there are and it is also said that there are others active in the galaxy at the same time.
>>
File: plastic sisters.jpg (20KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
plastic sisters.jpg
20KB, 500x354px
>>50539698
>>
>>50539413
>How Do You Pronounce "Skitarii"

skih-tare-e-eye
>>
>>50539900
skih-tar-ou
>>
>>50539900
I thought it was more like

skit-are-ee
>>
>>50539928
I think it is, but people are putting this meme out there that it's skih-tare-e-eye.
>>
>>50539928
think the word "radius"

plural "radii"

raid-ee-eye
>>
>>50539413
>How Do You Pronounce "Skitarii"
Fucking anglos and their inability to understand phonetics
>>
>>50539928

ski-tar-ee
>>
>>50539935
That pronounciation isnt a meme, it's how you properly speak latin
>>
>>50539947
Nice
try
>>
>>50539936
radii is real latin, skitarii is a real made up English word
>>
Ok, so here's my BT + Skitarii list.

Unbound BT (or CAD? I dunno because there aren't crusader squad formations) - 1274

Emperor's Champion - 140pts

Chaplain - 90pts

Crusader squad (1x) - 477 pts
- dedicated transport: LRC w/ meltagun & pintel-mounted storm bolter - 265 pts
- Initiates (7x): 5x Chainsword & BP, 1x flamer (or melta, depends on situation), 1x power maul
- Sword Brother: Power sword, bolt pistol, and melta bombs
- 7x neophytes, all with shotguns
- Emp's Champion to be attached to this squad

Crusader squad (1x) - 242pts
- same as above, but with an extra shotgun initiate because they will be footslogging it
- Chaplain to be attached

Ven. Dreadnought w/ TL Lascannon & PF w/ Storm bolter - 140 pts

Contemptor dreadnought w/ Kheres Assault cannon & PF w/ Combi-Bolter - 185pts

Skitarii Maniple - 210 pts

Skitarii Rangers - 125 pts
- Omniscope, 2x Transuranic rifles, 3x galvanic rifles

Skitarii Vanguard - 85 pts
- 2x Arc rifles, 3x cancer guns
In the future I will be adding a Thunderfire cannon to the Templars force, and some more Vanguard to the Skitarii Maniple.

Note that this isn't intended to be competitive in the slightest (I play Templars for goodness' sake - GW hasn't cared about them for over a decade), just somewhat playable in a manner that is fluffy for both forces. Point out what holes there are in my strategy; what is most likely to fuck me up, what holes should be patched with what, etc.
>>
>>50539962
I thought Memes Workshop named a lot of things with imitated latin for things in the Imperium
>>
>>50539962
but the same principles of pronounciation apply.
>>
>>50539985
*extra shotgun neophyte
>>
>>50539936
>skitarry-eye

You're retarded. That sounds retarded.

Actually now that I say it enough, it does sound like something GW would do.
>>
>>50539413
How does Invisibility effect a unit shooting blasts/ordnance? I don't get how Snapshots effect those kinds of weapons.
>>
File: 1480572631719.jpg (26KB, 400x462px)
1480572631719.jpg
26KB, 400x462px
>>50539993

>the proper pronunciation of a word for the language High Gothic is based off of is retarded

Begone, Hivescum. Take your filth elsewhere.
>>
How do I arm my troop raptors for my Night Lords? Flamers? Meltas? Plasma Pistols?

I don't think that plasma guns would go over well because they're not assault.
>>
>>50540045

You cannot snapfire blast weapons. You can snapfire an ordnance weapon, but only if it's not a blast (and usually) mounted onto a vehicle. Infantry models cannot move and fire ordanance (again usually). There are a very few expections.
>>
>>50540065
Okay so if your unit is Invisible, then blasts can't shoot at them?
>>
>>50540050

Whether or not it's proper Latin pronunciation is irrelevant. GW is in a position to make a non-retarded sounding name, and they chose Skitarii, which has four syllables, thus sounding retarded. Forge World's "Secutarii" sound much better and properly Latin. Conversely, if we use the common mispronunciation, Skitarii sounds better whilst Secutarii sounds stupid, all because of those four syllables.
>>
>>50540070

correct
>>
>>50540077
Lovely, thank you anon.
>>
>>50539947
Good thing Skitarii isn't a latin word.
>>
>>50539698
I bit the bullet and I've somehow ended up with about a dozen metal sisters and an Immolator. Through random Ebay purchases this month.
>>
What is the cutest model?
>>
>>50540090
I need to figure out how to get some Immolator conversion kits. I have 2 sister Rhinos I'd love to switch over to Immolators.
>>
>>50540055
Some squads with melta for tanks, some squads with flamers for light infantry, pick whatever you think your list needs more of.
Plasma pistols aren't worth the cost and unreliability.
>>
>>50540073
ask yourself

what is more likely

that GW did something that made sense
or GW did something that did not make sense
>>
>>50540093
kastellans with baymax face painted on.
>>
>>50540073

Look hivescum, I'm not saying I disagree. The common mispronunciation sounds better. It's more fluid, and it's shorter to say. But High Gothic does what High Gothic is.

Arguing against it is like saying that it's dumb a rock sinks because it would be more convenient if it floated.
>>
>>50540100

That's kinda what I was thinking, too. Cover the basis.

I wonder if it's possible to put jump packs onto the HH models. It's a shame FW doesn't have an assault Marine upgrade kit
>>
>>50540073
Sounds like a cool name for a Roman soldier. We going to disregard Latin inspired pronunciation for all the other fake Latin in the setting too?
>>
>>50540132
Audiobooks all pronounce it as "ski-tar-ee"
>>
>>50540099
Only way outside ebay is to buy the Exorcist kit. Comes with all the sprues except that clear plastic canopy thing. The gunner for the Immolator I bought had no arms so I'm going to put a 3rd party tank turret on top and magnetize the weapons for it.
>>
>>50540139
As does Duncan. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLsteSBHEcM

Which is unfortunate, because the more I say "Skitari-eye" the more I like it.
>>
File: Bases.png (2MB, 2478x936px) Image search: [Google]
Bases.png
2MB, 2478x936px
What's something that 40k could learn from other wargames, board games, or even video games?
>>
>>50540139
>>50539946

I nailed It and I don't listen to those
>>
>>50540139
Disregard me then. Doesn't really matter because no one plays them anyways.
>>
>>50540158
>the more I say "Skitari-eye" the more I like it.
I have some troubling news for you. You're autistic and a contrarian.
>>
>>50540165
add more chicks

sisters of battle don't count because lol overpriced metal miniatures
>>
>>50540122
Well you can probably get the raptor backpacks to fit with a hobby knife and some greenstuff, it's probably just be easier to buy sanguinary guard jump packs off a bits store if it's MK IV armour you have.
>>
>>50539710
This is exactly the kind of thinking the design of GSC was meant to provoke and why I keep telling people it's a brilliant release from a metagame perspective (other perspectives too, really). To deal with GSC you need to use units that, before, were not optimal. This opens up territory for some Factions that were considered weak to become competitive because the top lists can no longer "play greedy" with their minmaxing or they fold to the new threat of GSC.
>>
>>50540182
If liking history makes me autistic, then I'm Dustin goddamned Hoffman.
>>
>>50540186

I have both sets, so MKIII and IV, though I don't want the angel wings for Night Lords.
>>
>>50539985
Anyone have any recommendations?
>>
>>50540108

Porous rocks float.
>>
>>50540212
Just leave the angel wings off, the reason I said sanguinary guard is because they have MK IV jump packs that are compatible with the HH kits, no conversions required.
>>
File: Female_Arbiter_2.jpg (233KB, 540x887px)
Female_Arbiter_2.jpg
233KB, 540x887px
I like the Adeptus Arbites, and I'd like to gin up a legit list for them in the newest Kill Team rules. What is the best way to do this?
I was figuring Imperial Guard Veterans for access to carapace armor and shotguns plus numerous loadout options. Sadly no riot shield/shock maul available. I thought about the Crusader in the Inquisatorial Retinue, since he's got a power weapon, storm shield, and carapace armor, but to my understanding, the game doesn't allow allies, so I'm SOL.
Any advice or input on building Arbites in kill team would be appreciated, sirs.
>>
>>50539698
Is that fanmade or official art?
>>
>>50540191
Oh I thoroughly agree, just taking the top-tier stuff and nothing else is boring af. And I've only been collecting for less than a year, and had <10 actual games. Wish I knew someone who played GSC so I could test my theory. Incidentally, Banshee's are another traditionally sub-par unit that seems like they'd do just fine against GSC. Good job I just bought some then!
>>
>>50540243
fanmade http://celeng.deviantart.com/art/Celestian-594504815
>>
>>50540230

Ah, ok.

They look totally different than these, though.
>>
>>50540236
Just build a kill team using purely the inquisition rules, inquisitorial henchmen should have plenty of weapons options.
>>
>>50540255
That's because those are MK V jump packs.
>>
File: Chaos raptors old.jpg (122KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos raptors old.jpg
122KB, 873x627px
Why are the modern Raptor models so shit tier when compared to the old ones?
>>
>>50540254
Damn. For a moment I had hoped that something, anything, was leaked about Codex Bits and Pieces.
>>
File: chaos raptors new.jpg (129KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
chaos raptors new.jpg
129KB, 873x627px
>>50540290
I mean, look at these cunts.
They are butt ugly.
>>
>>50540287

Night Raptors use MKV armor? Huh
>>
>>50540299
How does it feel to have such bad opinions?
>>
>>50540299
they're overdone, like most new chaos models.
>>
>>50540314
>actually preferring the modern raptors over the old ones.

How pleb can you be?
>>
>>50540308
Yes, though with a bias towards MK IV parts (MK V is after all a botch job of several types).

MK IV for reference.
>>
>>50540299
I think there's too much detail on the armor plates, but aside from that I actually like the new ones more. I dislike the shape of the old helmets.

I really don't like how the brass trim is all over the place on the new ones though
>>
>>50540323
>liking mr short arms, and his daddy, spazz face
new raptors, best raptors.
>dem chainswords
>thoses sweet jumpacks
>space shoe spikes
no, my friend, it is you who is the pleb here
>>
File: Chaos raptor.png (903KB, 1024x768px)
Chaos raptor.png
903KB, 1024x768px
>>50540332
The helmet along with the mechanical legs were the best bits of the old raptors imo.

I loved the rendition Space Marine had of them.
>>
>>50540332
I shaved off a lot of the trim on mine and it really does improve their looks.
>>
>>50540299
>>50540332

Honestly, I think it's the colors.

>>50540331

Hrm. Now I'm unsure.

I wanted to make my Night Lords able to be played as either 30k or 40k, but in didn't realize how different MKIV was. Still, if MKV is a hodge podge, then MKV jump packs shouldn't be a problem, right? I suppose finding them would be, though
>>
New poster, here, old Raptors were unconditionally better. Like, it's not even a fair comparison.

Weren't they right behind Diaznettes in terms of most requested MTO model?
>>
>>50540345
See, I like how it looks there but not on the model.
>>
>>50540341
>liking the overdesigned, "chaos means that spikes go everywhere, right?", boring as shit design, that has just look like regular Assault marines with simply tons of pointless spikes tacked on.

At least the Old Raptors had a distinct aesthetic going on with their feet, helmet and jump packs.
The new ones look like assault marines with just superfluous crap on them.
>>
I also don't like the weird spikes coming out of the jump pack on the new one.
>>
>>50539474
The real question is...why are you taking anything else?
>>
>>50539561
GW don't want to update any existing army's codex since the new edition is dropping pretty soon and will require a complete overhaul anyway.

The bad news is you have to wait 'til then for the update, the good news is it'll likely make a bunch of currently shitty armies viable again.
>>
>>50540394

Because I have tons of Marines from the HH boxes, and Terror Squads are fluffy. That being said, if I had 50 Raptors instead of foot Marines, you're damn right I'd use every single one.
>>
>>50540394
I can answer that actually.

You want the Raptors in a Raptor Talon which means they aren't starting on the board, so you need something to hold down the fort for the first turn until you start making Reserve rolls.
>>
>>50540359
Yeah you slap together any random armour types and call it MK V so if you want to go ahead and mix different back packs with different armours, just make sure there's no MK VII and MK VIII and it'll work fine for both HH and 40k.
>>
File: Space Marine Chaos Raptor.png (323KB, 483x600px) Image search: [Google]
Space Marine Chaos Raptor.png
323KB, 483x600px
>>50540364
Yeah, the old models are old as fuck, and it shows.
I just wished that the new kit would have retained the aesthetic of the old ones, and refined it further, instead of replacing it with the modern over-designed pieces of shit.

The look they have in Space Marine was fucking perfect. If the new kits were based on this design, I'd buy like 3 boxes of them.
Now, I won't' touch them with a ten foot pole, because their design fucking disgusts me. They are easily among the ugliest of 40k kits in general.
>>
>>50540410

>no MKIII

Hrm. That's a large chunk of my army collection, but that's just means I have to set out and find stuff for the BoP models.
>>
>>50540425
Well MK III isn't usually paired with jump packs so maybe use them as your foot sloggers?
>>
>>50540299
These are one of my favourite kits that GW makes. They are far from ugly.
>>
>>50540443
Assuming you do as >>50540409 suggests.
>>
>>50540139
>>50540158
That's fucking retarded.
See "Tritarii"
>>
>>50540459
Comments are disabled so I just downvoted the video.
I assume they'll know why.
>>
>>50540449
You have shit taste.
They are Fyreslayer tier ugly.
>>
>>50540299
Inb4 Night Lords have oldschool jump packs.
Game is fixed, everyone praises GW.
>>
>Unit is invisible
>blasts and templates can't shoot at it, as theyre unable to snapshot.
>weapons designed to indiscriminately blast an area with fire, the IDEAL MEANS OF HITTING SOMETHING YOU CANT SEE, are unable to even declare a shooting attack against invisible units

goddammit that is so stupid. Did nobody read that rule before print and think "gee this sounds really stupid out loud, maybe we should change that".
>>
>>50540443

Yea, they will be the not!terror squads, as soon as I figure out what to use them as. Chosen? They're bad, though. I'll have have to model some chainswords into glaives, which shouldn't be too bad.

I have the termies and the Dread to worry about, too. CSM don't actually get either of the two types that come in the boxes, though.

>>50540456

Good point, though if I'm in the Decurion, the Talon is a core.
>>
>>50540468
Not him but they aren't that bad. They're not as good as the old raptors and like some anons were saying earlier it would have been better if GW had just updated the old aesthetic rather than redo them, but they're decent. Lucky for me I have a few old metal raptors from the good old days.
>>
>>50540236
Well, if you are open to playing Heralds of Ruin - Kill Team they put together an actual army list for Arbites.
>>
>>50540459
Do you mean "Triarii"?
>>
>>50539985
As a Skit-mech player, I can tell the Maniple looks decent if a bit lacking in ablative wounds.

If you get the slightest hint that you'll be dealing with DE or Eldar shitbags then you can always attach a Onager with Icarus Array.
>>
>>50540459
tritarii should be pronounced the same, if you pronounce it differently you're wrong
>>
>>50540482
You mean the contemptor dreadnoughts? Because chaos contemptor are totally a thing, the rules are in Imperial Armour 13.
>>
>>50540480
If GW ever did that 40k would have long since been saved from the shithole the crunch is right now.

Maybe someday.
>>
File: 1477769554363.jpg (7KB, 246x205px)
1477769554363.jpg
7KB, 246x205px
>>50540495
I'll bet you pronounce 'Caesar' - "Seezar" too.
>>
>>50540505

I avoid IA simply because there's too much shit to worry about, and I don't want to further confuse new players. I don't mind using it as a Hellbrute. Night Lords are crazy anyway.
>>
>>50540083
It's faux latin, pronounciation should use latin.
>>
>>50539413
Skih-tar-ee

Skih like the "I" sound in "it"

Speaking of which should I pick up skittles for an admech army or tau? Never played 40k before outside a few skirmishes with borrowed guys
>>
>>50540526
Just use Imperial Armour, It's like one unit and it's just a dreadnought with +1 AV +1 S and some different guns.
>>
Would you get mad if I ran the sniper model from the xcom board game as a vindicare assassin?
>>
>>50540531
Wrong.
>>
>>50540540
I don't really care, every knows what I'm talking about and you sound retarded saying it with the eye sound at the end
>>
>>50540536
Plus chaos has some great stuff in IA 13, including rules for a sort of "chaos venerable dreadnought", Rapier weapons batteries with all sorts of crazy guns, dreeadclaws and kharybdis drop pods, proper traitor guard rules and loads of great daemon engines.
>>
File: GeeDubs.png (77KB, 490x203px) Image search: [Google]
GeeDubs.png
77KB, 490x203px
>>50540537
GW official models or majority GW parts or no deal, Anon.
>>
>>50539549
This is kind how they did everything through 5th. It started in 3rd edition with the death wing captain giving death song terminators as troops.
Then in 5th they started copying it. Logan grimnar gave wolf guard as troops, i think ghaz gave nobs or manz as troops, snikrot was commandos? Draigo gave paladins as troops. Not sure what else but i think there were a few more. It was a very specificcharactee each time. farsight gave crisis suits as troops in 6th
>>
>>50540536
>>50540554

Don't underestimate the spergs in my area. I have no problem with it, but it's much easier to avoid them.
>>
>>50540551
Skitaree sounds so fucking stupid, like holy shit.
>>
>>50540494
Thanks, I was definitely looking at the Dunecrawler as an AA option.

How useful are Secutarii Peltasts? In what capacity should they be utilized?
>>
>>50540558
You could always do what I do and give them the choice between balanced FW units or GW cheese, though that requires investing in cheese. Still can't say I regret buying that Eldar army, it lets me run my homebrew Thousand Sons so often.
>>
>>50539549
I don't see the point of this now unbound is a thing and you can take whatever you want and it doesn't matter.
>>
>>50540555
wh-wh-what about chinaman?
>>
File: pepesmug.jpg (102KB, 688x800px) Image search: [Google]
pepesmug.jpg
102KB, 688x800px
>>50540522
>>
>>50540578
It's a strange day when forge world are releasing the balanced units and games workshop are pumping out stuff from the cheese factory.
>>
>>50540595
>glares at the tau section
YES-Yes-yes, forgeworld are not cheesy at all
>>
>>50540551
No, the proper pronunciation does not sound retarded. You sound like a sperg for having an issue with it.
>>
>>50540595
I mean FW have never produced particularly overpowerd units outside of their experimental rules, people just have weird misconceptions about them because they make titans.

In general though FW rules are a lot better designed than most of GWs.
>>
>>50540616
okay kids, say it with me
skih-TAH-ree
>>
>>50540623
It's skih-TAR-ee-eye.
>>
>>50540623
>fucking retard thinks "-ii" just makes an 'ee' sound
Go back to school.
>>
File: paddlin'.png (153KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
paddlin'.png
153KB, 500x377px
>>50540588
Using non GW models or parts? That's a paddlin'.

Not thinning your paints? That's a paddlin'.

Buying from the Chinaman? Oh, you better believe that's a paddlin'.
>>
>>50540623
One Skitarius
Two Skitarii
Same number of syllables in both.
>>
>>50540648
yup, next you'll be claiming cataphractii is pronounced CA-ta-PHRAK-tee-eye

what's next? kor-NAY? tuh-ZEEN-shee?
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJJPce-e_zU
>>
>>50539413
What exactly makes the Blood Angels bad?
>>
>>50540675
You can't screw up the pronunciation of their name.
>>
>>50540296

Just a few more days, Anon.
>>
>>50540578

I'm already invested in both HH boxes, sisters, and a small deldar army.

>>50540621

This, I get.

I just hate shit like bitching about stuff like +1AV/S because it's not in the Codex.
>>
File: 99070108002_CulexusAssassin03.jpg (42KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99070108002_CulexusAssassin03.jpg
42KB, 600x620px
I motion we change the pronunciation of this guy from K-uh-lehck-suss to something sexy

Like Kuh-lee-zhus
>>
>>50540613
Yeah, GW Tau are the height of well balanced.
>>
>>50540672
>using the game which gave phalanxes to Germans, confused hoplites with phalangitai, and replaced Hellenic Egypt with Hollywood-flavoured Middle Kingdom as a source
No
>>
>>50540671
Cataphractii doesn't even make any sense, the name comes from the Cataphract, a Greek root word. So in this case, I motion they be pronounced Cataphract-eye, like Cacti.

Skitarius and Skitarii follow the roman unit naming convention and should then be Skitar-ee-eye.
>>
Those of you who tried Deathwing's beta, was it fun?
>>
>>50540671
Yes, that is exactly how Cataphractii is pronounced, and that one is a real word so you can't even use your bullshit argument of "hurrrr skitarii is made up" this time (which, btw, skitarii is just a corrupted spelling of scutarii, from scuta meaning "shield", because AdMech like to put 'k' on things [which in itself is a throwback to the original greek from which the english words evolved] - another example Kastelan, coming from the real word "castellan").

I bet you're one of those faggots who pronounces "Tyranids" like it rhymes with "pyramids" (hint: it fucking doesn't).
>>
>>50540713
I liked it a lot, but I'm worried it will get boring or frustrating with dumb teammates.
>>
>>50540715
what are talking about, how would you pronounce tyranids then???

cataphractii isn't a real word dumbass, see >>50540707
>>
>>50540715
Cataphract is a greek root word, so shouldn't have the latin ii in there in the first place.
>>
>>50540723
Tyran-ids

As in Tyrant-nids. Since they're named for the planet Tyran.
>>
>>50540718
Do you think it would be worth buying while it's cheaper right now?
>>
>>50540723
>what are talking about, how would you pronounce tyranids then???
Holy fucking shit you are.

It's TIE-rah-nid, not TEER-uh-nid, like Tyrannosaurus. The concept is literally "space dinosaur-bugs" how do people miss this?

>>50540724
Nevermind my bad, you're correct on that.

Doesn't change my point about the pronunciation, though.
>>
>>50540732
I always thought it was like tyrannical-nids. tyranids
>>
>>50540158
>"Skitari-eye"

I've never heard this until now, but it's perfect.
>>
>>50540739
I'm a sucker for PVE shooter games, so I nab them all up. If you like 40k a lot and PVE shooters, I would recommend it.
>>
>>50540743
The name comes from the first planet they devoured in our Galaxy, Tyran Primus. Out of lore, that might be it though.
>>
>>50540165
Don't add shit just to have it, add it only if it adds to the game in a fun and interesting way. Flyers would have been way different if they had been designed with a "game first" mindset instead of awkwardly shoehorned in alongside the existing vehicle rules. Of course, GW's entire development process is backwards from a game design perspective, making this impossible to fix.
>>
>>50540753
Out of lore it was literally "Tyrannosaurus + Arachnid". I've read the interviews.
>>
>>50540753
it could also be pronounced like tyranny-nids. so like tie-ranids like >>50540742
dumbly claims is wrong
>>
>>50540459
Butthurt Betty keep your comments to yourself.
>>
>>50540616
I'm the sperg? You realize no one actually cares how you pronounce a fake pseudo Latin word right?

Using the proper Latin pronunciation with the eye sound, in regular speech sounds incredibly out of place
>>
>>50540774
Sounds fine to me, but I've always called them that.
>>
>>50540359
>night lords for both 30k and 40k
I'm doing the same. Kind of confused on how I'm going to adapt my dudes to take advantage of the new traitor legion rules for NL as I've no raptors, only bikes.
>>
>>50540692
khaleesi

:^)
>>
>>50540782
>playing 30k NL without jump units
>their unique models are jump

You could just not take advantage of the jump troop part. The bikes are still valid for the rest of the NL rules in 40k.
>>
>>50540806
But who's Carley C. though?
>>
So I am listening to the new Fabius audiobook/novel. One of powerful Chaos Lords of the Third Legion spoke to Fabius about seeing enemies that will truly test the might of Chaos Legions in his warp dreams.

One enemy is in the form of a hunger like no other that stretches across the sea of infinity

The other enemy is in the form of the dead stirring upon a thousand thousand worlds.

Any idea who or what they are?
>>
>>50540782

My problem is turning MKIVs into Raptors that also pass as Night Raptors.
>>
>>50540692

Cuck Lex Sux
>>
>>50540819
Fuck sake, Anon.

Nids and Necrons.
>>
>>50540819
Nids and Necrons
>>
>>50540806
>Khaleesii
>with two i's

>with

>two

>i's!
>>
File: YES YES YES.gif (3MB, 684x340px)
YES YES YES.gif
3MB, 684x340px
>>50540693
I never said they were, though their forgewolrd options are from my experience cheesier, especially the new barracuda, not to mention the riptide variants and the supremacy armour and remora drones. God I love playing tau.
>>
>>50540769
No, it couldn't. The creator who invented the name literally is on record saying the correct pronunciation is TIE.

>>50540774
>40k High Gothic Adeptus Mechanicus naming terminology
>regular speech
I...
>>
>>50540827
>>50540829
But the crons are not dead. They are machines.
>>
File: Pixel Nids.gif (1MB, 794x514px) Image search: [Google]
Pixel Nids.gif
1MB, 794x514px
>>50540854
>>
>>50540859
I sure am tired of faggots who don't know shit deciding to post anyways.
>>
Out of my options below which is best to deal with a squad of 5 termies with chain fist:

Forgefiend with 2 plasma cannons (BS3, 24", S8, AP2, blast, heavy 1)
Or
Maulerfiend with 2 power fists and magma cutters (I3, WS3, S6 (+1 on charge), 2A base) magma cutters give automatic hits of S8, AP1 for each hit made to a max of 2 hits.
>>
>>50540859
>Basically soulless Robot skeletons
>Been asleep for eons
>hates Chaos
It fits pretty well

pls read more
>>
>>50540855
Care to share this record?
>>
>>50540862
mm
are there anymore in the series, never seen any but the tau and nids one
>>
>>50540859
>what is figurative language
>>
File: Pixel Orks.gif (1MB, 697x472px) Image search: [Google]
Pixel Orks.gif
1MB, 697x472px
>>50540877
>>
>>50540859
>entire theme of Necrons is being dead right down to the fucking name being NECRONS and their planets being called TOMB WORLDS and all their shit being CRYPTek this and WRAITH that and GHOST arks and LYCH guard and this faggot cannot put two and two together
I hope you're trolling.
>>
>>50540877

There's an IG and Space Marine one.
>>
File: Pixel IG.gif (2MB, 817x537px) Image search: [Google]
Pixel IG.gif
2MB, 817x537px
>>50540877
http://orig12.deviantart.net/66f6/f/2015/314/0/1/pixel_chaos_by_steeljoe-d9g9rbw.gif

Fantasy Chaos and SM

http://orig13.deviantart.net/9983/f/2016/068/2/e/all2_by_steeljoe-d9ugkuj.gif

But they're too big to post.
>>
>>50540573
My limited experience with Peltasts specifically (two games so far since I got them) is that if they need to kill infantry of any type they'll do it and then some (sheer weight shred shots seems borderline OP with how well it ripped into my friend's Deathwing and Peltasts did double duty of capturing an objective off scout then using 30" AP3 to whittle down Devs).

The -1 strength for =/> 10 seemed decent too even though I made the mistake of taking minimum squad for the bonus and losing it off the first casualty.

I guess the 1 shot shroud might be pretty nifty if you're running landraiders since it'd give them some cover?
>>
>>50540876
tasty.warpshadow. com/piece.htm
I thought it had been mentioned here but now I'm having trouble finding it. Must have been another interview with Chambers which I dunno where to dig up. Might be on the GW site wayback machine archive.
>>
Are you fuckers still argueing over how shit is pronounced?
>>
File: Chaos Rhino.jpg (39KB, 600x620px)
Chaos Rhino.jpg
39KB, 600x620px
So tell me, /tg/, why do you think Chaos sticks spiky fences on their Rhinos?
>>
>>50540950
to make you buy a bigger GW transport case

>>50540929
yeah it never happened
>>
>>50540950
To keep the chaos spawn from crawling all over them, leaving hair everywhere and using it as a litterbox.
>>
>>50540879
Shit liberal arts students use to excuse poor knowledge.
>>
>>50540928
Well, it's nice to hear that they're good. Damn the AdMech infantry seems to be great.

Your Land Raider proposal sounds like an excellent idea! Thanks!
>>
>>50540963
You can be a contrarian newfag all you want, anyone who was around when Tyranids were first released has probably read the same article in WD and knows what I'm talking about.
>>
File: Archer-FX1.jpg (50KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
Archer-FX1.jpg
50KB, 512x288px
>>50540941
Are you not?
>>
>>50540973
So what's your excuse?
>>
>>50540891
Wait...aren't those the Imperium's names for them. Like how the Tau and Eldar vehicles are named after animals but in their alien languages they are not?
>>
>>50540984
Combination of German schooling, striving to be exact in a third language, a job in logistics and Autism
>>
>>50540999
So Tzeentch is a German autist. It all makes sense now.
>>
>>50540993
Yes?

I belive the Orks are the only ones to name their own machines, and even they use low gothic translation.
>>
>>50540993
Probably, but we're not talking about in-universe justification, we're talking about OOC. Necrons are themed on "death/space undead" and it should be so blitheringly obvious to anyone with a passing knowledge of 40k that even having to say that, in itself, makes ME feel stupid.
>>
>>50540976
I slightly worry Peltasts might get adjusted before Fires of Cyraxus gets released but even then they could stand a nerf and still come out okay.

>Every shot type is effectively Assault because Relentless
>Doctrina Imperatives work on them
>>
>>50541006
Actually Nurgle and not German just german schooled.

Tzeentchs tripcode would either be pure 9s, or no 9s but with a total sum of 9.
>>
/tg/ how do I play Blobguard without getting creamed in T2? Tanks are fun and all, but I need the glory of a massed infantry charge.
>>
>>50541033
You got triple 9s, you're either Tzeentch or really don't want something.
>>
>>50541020
But if we talk names as indicative of themes, then we would be saying that the Tau are fish people from a water world.

The opposite is true. The Tau are dry skinned aliens from an arid savanna world and like dry hot weather.
>>
>>50540950
To put skulls on, of course.
>>
>>50541039
Have you tried: bigger blobbier blobs?
>>
>>50541039
My guess would be, get 2 Company Command Squads with Astropaths so you can have 2 Invisibility blobs. Make those bobs have Commissars, make sure to have Heavy Weapons Squads, get some Ratlings because they are cheap and amazing, or get special weapon squads with snipers, or get vets with camo cloaks and snipers. Yarrick is a good choice for all this too, as well as priests and power weapons.
>>
>>50541054
Necrons also look like skeletons and use giant tomb shaped vehicles.
>>
>>50541054
A) That's only the naming scheme for their vehicles, not their army theme.

B) Pretty sure that's only true of the Fire Caste about the climate.
>>
>>50541049
Tripshit is /trash/.
Had my last general invaded and ruined by sextuples.
>>
>>50541017
So since Gothic is derived from Latin, and Orks named their vehicles on their own and it's low Gothic...

What's the correct pronunciation of "Deffkopta", "trukk", "Gorkanaut", etc...

We obviously have people in this thread that are fluent in Latin, so they should know perfectly.
>>
File: d26d141098d355a83255e552919336dc.jpg (119KB, 1031x722px) Image search: [Google]
d26d141098d355a83255e552919336dc.jpg
119KB, 1031x722px
First time poster in a 40k general, also just discovered this existed... I want to create (find/found) a space marine chapter, Ive gone off of a chart on 1d4chan, which I know doesnt exacrlt follow the rule book completely or at all...

so far what I do know, without having to delve too deeply into detail, my [insert name here] chapter was founded in the 39th Millenium, they govern a hive world, progenitor Dark angels, but a Codex Astertes adherent chapter... where the hell fuck do i go from here, I have a general idea on colour scheme, been brainstorming names aswell...
cheers dudes
>>
>>50541076
Low Gothic is just English.

High Gothic is the faux-Latin.
>>
>>50540680
months
>>
>>50541076
High gothic is latin, low is the amalgam of earths languages.
>>
>>50541081
Start building dudes and give them war stories, use that to decide on tactical leanings and whatever.
>>
File: this mailman.png (199KB, 1003x1031px) Image search: [Google]
this mailman.png
199KB, 1003x1031px
>>50540522
As someone who's opposed to Caesar's Legion: yes, yes I do. Deal with it.
>>
>>50539928
That's how it's pronounced in all the GW audio books and painting tutorials, but hey, what would the creators of the name know?

>inb4 Duncan only knows paint
>>
>>50541081
People actually use those charts unironically? Like, there are people that will actually paint up miniatures that they've bought with real money based on what a 1d4chan chart said? What the fuck.
>>
>>50541157
Duncan's a northerner, and thus not to be trusted on issues of pronunciation.
>>
>>50541081
Basically you have a think about what would some cool shit for a Marines chapter to do, then figure out a way to work that into their backstory. Pretty much what GW does when making chapters too.

EG say you wanted Marines with a nordic, viking type feel to- Space Wolves.
Or how about Roman legionary type fella- Ultrasmurfs
Basically pick your favourite national stereotype and turn it into a SM chapter.
super-friendly Canadian Marines a best
>>
>>50541081
Oh man, have I got an idea for you

They govern a hiveworld because in the past something happened relating to the Fallen on that hiveworld. At the time the DA couldn't find any concrete link to the Fallen even though they had a feeling something big went down there. So they need some way of safeguarding that planet/continuing the search. Thus they, through a series of covert maneuvers, manage to petition for a new successor chapter which they then give that planet. Either as part of the deal or in an attempt to reduce suspicion the chapter is more codex compliant compared to the other chapters of the Unforgiven. So the chapter governs said planet until the reason the Fallen were there is discovered (which might take a very long time on a Hiveworld).
>>
>>50540950

Because Chaos started as 80's goofy, then "serioused" up their asthetic in the 90's by adding 90's edgelord elements to the design.

We're only now starting to see a few chaos marine models not tainted by that blend.
>>
>>50540971
This is the correct answer.
>>
Do you think the daemon Magnus would convert to a pre-heresy Magnus with minimal conversion?
>>
>>50541279
I wouldn't say minimal
The arms and legs would be the hardest part to change
Other than that just have him wearing no armour and just the loincloth
>>
File: wQKFymY.png (260KB, 467x506px)
wQKFymY.png
260KB, 467x506px
>>50541298
>magnus
>no nipple spike armor
>>
>>50541315

Those are tusks Hogan.

Magnus has nipple tusks.
>>
File: KG6vqto.jpg (953KB, 1060x1738px) Image search: [Google]
KG6vqto.jpg
953KB, 1060x1738px
HA HA!

I'M STILL AROUND, BUT YOU AREN'T! WHO'S LAUGHING NOW ROWBOAT GIRLYMAN?

>worshiping the emperor before it was cool.
>>
>>50541400
Just a shame you're still a little bitch

Nice art tho.
>>
>>50541400
DO YOU SEE ALL THIS PAPER? DO YOU SEE IT?

BET YOU THINK ITS OATHS OF THE MOMENT DON'T YOU?

NAH BITCHES. NAH.

EVERY LINE ON THOSE SAYS "ROWBOAT GIRLYMAN'S A LITTLE BITCH"

EVERY.
LINE.
FUCKERS.
>>
>>50541100
>>50541163
heres your (you)
>>50541173
two good pieces of advice, and one. uhh yeah...

>>50541177
My god thats perfect! i hope you dont mind but I'm definately going to be using this bit of fluff for my chapter
>>
Is Lorgar happy now, or does he know he wasted everyone's time?
>>
>>50541475
He's been meditating in a tower for 10,000 years.

The fuck is he doing in there?

Has he gone full NEET, grown a neckbeard and covered his room in moeshit anime merch?
>>
>>50541487
He is the most aware of all the Traitor Primarchs just how much he Fucked Up.
>>
>>50541475
Wasted everyones time? Da fuck? Lorgar was worshipping the Empy before it was cool, and they shat all over him for it.

Now the Imperium all worships a shrivelled little husk who cant even wipe his own arse and Lorgar has moved onto bigger and better things. Worships Chaos Undivided, and they all still think he's baller enough to be a Daemon Prince.
>>
>>50541475

His motivations are utterly bizzare, he's almost like a fedora atheist flipped into reverse: He doesn't care -what- religion he follows so long as he's got one, and then it's not enough for -him- to blindly grasp on to whatever deity will have him like a drowning man, he has to make sure everyone else is praying too.

That's why I say he's more like an anti-fedoratheist than an actual religious person: Generally someone has unshakable faith if they're extreme in their religion, intent on pushing their one true faith and converting people... But Lorgar doesn't do that. He'll whore himself out to any god he can, desperately.

The only consistency I can draw from his behaviour is arrogance and insecurity, in that in his emperor worship he placed himself as the demigod son of god worthy of all praise, and in chaos worship they lured him by telling him he was important, then offering him princehood.

I don't know whether to put it down to his faith being nothing but a paper thin justification for wanting to feel like the most important mortal in the universe, or just plain bad writing.

Wouldn't be surprised if brooded for 10,000 years after an epiphany he was just making a stupid, pointless mess by throwing a tantrum, but he can't kill himself because he's a daemon now.
>>
>>50541499

Emperor worship serves no purpose beyond a means of social control, and the Chaos Gods are yes, gods, but senselessly destructive gods formed of everyone's most extreme emotions like a bunch of galactic shitposts.
>>
>arguing about 40k pronunciation

Isn't there blurb somewhere about how even Low Gothic would actually be utterly unintelligible to us due to the 38000 years of language change from the present day, so is "translated" into basic English (and faux Latin) for our convenience?
>>
>>50541577
>but senselessly destructive gods formed of everyone's most extreme emotions like a bunch of galactic shitposts.

So.....its like worshipping /b/?
>>
Is it any good the Sentinal Formation?

I was to add them because I love the model. Currently playing SoB/Inquisition

SoB are mech troops in squads of ten inside a repressor with a lot of flamer or Immolator in squads of 5 with lots of flamer and combi plasma for panic.

Dominions in Immolators 4, meltaguns and combi meltas

Serpahims with hand flamers and saint celestin

For inquisition 2 chimeras with heavy bolter and psybolt. One Psyker inquisitor maybe 2 and a Psyker acolyte with cheap bolter acolyte.

The entire thing works as guided missiles.

Also Exorcist/Penitent Engin spam when I feel like it.
>>
>>50541555
Some people have zealous personalities. They have to believe in something, and to the extreme. And these people, when shown that they are wrong, have a tendancy to change their ideology or beliefs in the complete opposite direction instead of becoming more moderate.

This is what we see with Lorgar.
>>
>>50539561
So fucking tired of supplements.

Formations are for fucking idiots. Decurian bullshit has made everything OP and over priced.
I'm IG, I would have to buy 60 more models to get the decurian Cadian Infantry benefits. This is fucking stupid.

Fuck formations. Faggots take formations. KYS if you have never even made a real list.
>>
>>50541625
>Decurian bullshit has made everything OP and over priced.

>made everything OP

Anon, please think about this for a moment.
>>
>>50540373
>The new ones look like assault marines with just superfluous crap on them.
>implying thats not what the chaso dex is
>>
>>50541577
Aren't Emperor-worshipping souls denied to Chaos in the afterlife, and that was why the Emperor kept trying to found faiths on Earth? Or have I been infected by Imperial propaganda?
>>
>>50541613

Basically, if the Emperor had paid more attention to the primarch's personalities and actions, he'd have written Lorgar off with the first two because he's just too much of a reactionary whackjob to leave in charge of an army.

Also worth at least assessing as failures: Angron, Curze, Perturabo.

The first two because of crippling emotional instability, the latter because whilst he's not exactly -insane-, shit like killing a tenth of his legion as his first act in charge on a whim indicates he's not remotely suited to a leadership position, and one of the no-brainer traitors later on.
>>
>>50541641
And that's a problem with the Chaos dex.
They could make the faction really unique, veterans of the long fucking war, but no, they are just edgy spesh muhreens, but worse.
>>
>>50540869
Mauler feinds dont have enough attacks to really eal with terminators, esp with the 5(or 3)++. the plasma is your friend
>>
>>50541660
I feel like Emps knew about this. The deal he made for more power from the Chaos gods was for half his sons.

He just didn't expect Horus to be amongst them, and that's what tipped the balance.
>>
>>50541660
Lion should have been Warmaster
>>
>>50541661
shitposting aside, the new traitor legions stuff really does a lot to make them feel good again. i play AL and the amount of trollzan shit i can now pull, makes me giggle like a school girl
>>
File: angry-old-person.jpg (410KB, 1189x1424px)
angry-old-person.jpg
410KB, 1189x1424px
>>50541625
Get with the times old man!

but yeah, this is the state of the game. we wanted more updates and gw answered

>>50541652
not per se. most souls aren't faithful enough so they dissipate or get raped/murdered/kidnapped/etc by chaos daemons. the emperor wanted to deny the gods faith to starve them, didn't work as people need/want something to believe in.
>>
>>50541660

To be fair, Batman brought shit in line like Big E wanted
>>
>>50541689

The "emperor made a deal" bit of fluff doesn't really make sense with the Turkish shamans background.

Like, if the Emperor were a genetic freak warlord who arose from the Himalayas labs only a short time before he conquered terra, him making a pact then realising it was a shitty idea after makes sense. He was young, he thought he was too smart to fall into a trap, he made a mistake.

But with the Shamans background, he's tens of thousands of years old and knows full well Chaos is his greatest problem. He knows exactly how bad it is to draw on their power, and especially to enter any kind of mind games when Tzeentch is involved.
>>
File: image.jpg (729KB, 900x1234px)
image.jpg
729KB, 900x1234px
>>50541729

Yeah yeah, he did his job. That's not really the problem.

The problem was his crazy made him an inevitable problem.
>>
>>50541743
He could have done both.

He was a powerful psyker, born of all the Shamans, but all his prior attempts at guiding humanity failed. So he left Terra, to Molech, made a deal and came back with way more power, enough to unite Terra and become the Emperor proper.
>>
>>50539549
Even that eye on the book is bored.
>>
File: hue.jpg (5KB, 122x116px)
hue.jpg
5KB, 122x116px
hey guise, i think about going back to the hobby.
What race should i pick up?
Mechanicus? Tyranids?
I want something """cool"""
>>
>>50541782
''Cool'' Is pretty subjective man. Any themes or playstyles you like ?
>>
>>50540299

I might be the weird one here, but I really like these Raptors.

Sure, they don't look BETTER than the old models, but they remind me alot of how chaos space marines looked in Space Marine (The 3rd person shooter).

Also shitload of mutated lightning claws, can't hate that. Even if the unit is shite.
>>
>>50541782

The original guy doing that finally settled with Skitarii. It's over.
>>
>>50541756

That's just it though. Curze was crazy, but he wasn't chaos crazy. He was legit crazy in that lawful evil sort of way.
>>
>>50541039
How get get FNP onto a blob? That's the real question.

Always put loads of IC into the blob. Commissar+Priest in every blob is mandatory. Add more great imperium characters to have really unfair blobs.
>>
File: 995074_orig.jpg (289KB, 1100x607px) Image search: [Google]
995074_orig.jpg
289KB, 1100x607px
>>50541782
bugs
>>
>>50541801

Yes, but let's examine his motivations during the heresy:

1: ??????

2: ??????

3: ??????

4: ??????

5: HA HA, YOU KILLED ME THAT PROVES I WAS RIGHT SUCKER
>>
>>50541792
i want the "heavy" stuff.
>>
>>50541821

I also recall him telling a secret and someone breaking that secret and Curze flipping dicks
>>
>>50541163
People who like rolling dice, rolling dice OUTSIDE of the game? I agree, that's preposterous and should result in a prison sentence.
>>
>>50541830
>(you)
>>
>>50540851
Kar-lee-see-eye?
>>
>>50541830
are you...are you trying to buy drugs on tg?
>>
did rubrics lose their bolt pistol? did they even have one or was it the aspiring sorc who had?
>>
>>50541821
So he is the prime minister of canada?
>>
>>50541852

Psst, hey kid.... You wanna buy some plastic?
>>
>>50541625
>Decurian bullshit has made everything OP and over priced.
>vast majority of formations et al are actually underpowered
>formations really the only way to replicate fluffy armies
>>
>>50541637
You get extra powers to your entire army if you are too fucking stupid to make a proper army.

Example, regular IG follows Codex rules. REAL RULES AND STATS
If you get a supplement and play the same units in a certain order suddenly these same guardsmen can reroll, move thru cover, etc. All four technically the sane points cost.

If you use formations, KYS
>>
>>50541864

>is Batman
>rules through fear
>publicly executes heinous criminals via live vox broadcast in excruciating ways

Yeah, pretty much.
>>
File: look and laugh.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
look and laugh.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>50541883
I'm using formations, and you can't stop me.

also

>he missed the point of the post he's replying to.
>>
If Raptor Talons are core for Night Lords, wtf do I take for Auxillary that is still fluffy?
>>
>>50541852
It's called plastic crack for a reason.
>>
>>50541962
Fist of the Gods?

It's just a bunch of vehicles.
>>
>>50541852
i want race with huge heavy units to crush puny enemies
>>
>>50541976

Eh, the legion rules only allow them to have a single heavy support.

I wonder if the legions book will allow the other formations into the black crusade.
>>
>>50541990
Knights.
>>
>>50541990
ad mech, with their giant smashy robots, and servitors, or alternativly deaons with their giant smashy monstrous creatures and hueg crab walkers
>>
>>50541625
Formations are fine if they costed points ala AoS
>>
>>50540692
I've always called him the Cool-Lexus
>>
>>50541883
The idea is that it gives people incentive to take 'unpopular' or 'uncompetitive' units, and gives them a buff in order to compete.
>>
>>50541990
Play Imperial Knights then. The whole army is just 3-5 Giant Robots.
>>
>>50542065
Have you played the new SM formations? Pretty much complete bullshit. Loads of free gibs for those entitled assholes.

Also, will the AdMech ever get a damn proper CODEX?
>>
>>50542109
>>50542001
my shop is pretty barren for knights... pic related is only thing
>>
>>50542118
SoB here. Get in line. A decade old models with almost two decade old copy pasted rules with things removed or add depending on the edition. But basically the same rules over and over again
>>
>>50540290
>>50540299
>>50540323
>Spot the sunk cost fallacy

Gee i wonder who bought a fucktonne of Finecrap raptors just before the plastics were released
>>
I feel like if Ursarax are a thing, Jump Terminators not existing is just because no magus could be bothered making the armour for it.
>>
>>50542175
Or because the admech love hogging all the goodies.
Or because terminators get teleportation tech.
>>
>>50542171
Nah, after the first few kits, I never bought any more Finecast shit, because I LOATHE working with GW's resin crap.
It is absolute trash tier.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Hzls-ZU3sc

Shade of nihilakh oxide, the FUCKING MADMAN
>>
>>50540703
>being a nigger
>>
Going to play a Kill Team game this weekend - 10 Tactical Marines with Veteran Sergeant, Flamer & Missile Launcher against 66 (!!!) IA13 Plague Zombies. Not rules-legal as you can't field Plague Zombies without a Demagogue with Master of Renegades but what the hell. We're saying he was there, but long gone, leaving the Zombies milling around. Something something narrative something.

The kicker is the Plague Zombies have that Warp Plague special rule. Take down 1 unit (which in Kill Team is one dude) in close combat, and D3 zombies rise up. They also have Fearless and Fear No Pain 4+ so they're just a bit tougher to take down than they look.

Gentlemen, place your bets.
>>
File: 1445664941230.jpg (102KB, 382x350px)
1445664941230.jpg
102KB, 382x350px
>>50542015
No thanks man. GSC are basically built around the "Decurion" in their Codex.
>>
>>50541039
bigger blobs
>>
>>50541487
he realizes he's made a terrible mistake
>>
>>50542138
Yes. There are only 5 Types of Knights and that box can build all of them.
>>
>>50542118
Yeah, and that was an attempt to make taking the expensive and vaguely useless space marine troops more attractive.

So every time you see razorback/drop pod spam, just think >"There's a 5 marine tax on his bullshit formation. How fucking lucky am I that he gets taxed five men in return for his bullshit formation."
>>
>>50541962
You can just take single units of Spawn as auxiliaries, but they ain't particularly fluffy for NL.

Maybe go the Terminator Annihilation Force? Heavy suits aren't really NL, but deep striking and fucking people up is.
>>
File: 19.jpg (17KB, 406x406px) Image search: [Google]
19.jpg
17KB, 406x406px
>>50542215
I just finish watching it.

>mfw he shades the white
>>
>>50542254
>Two hands perpetually ready for high-fives.

So hard to art genestealers.
>>
File: 99119915022_ChaosFuriesNEW01.jpg (40KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99119915022_ChaosFuriesNEW01.jpg
40KB, 600x620px
>>50541499
Daemon Prince of furies.
Sounds like a great life.
>>
>>50542215
>>50542313
Using Oxide for shadin is nothing new
A lot of Death in AoS is basically White/Grey then Oxide for spooky ghosts
>>
>>50541818
where do you find these comics?
>>
>>50542308
But if you take Raptor Wing and Terminator Annihilation Force, then what do you have on the field?
>>
File: Spiritual_liege.jpg (598KB, 850x860px) Image search: [Google]
Spiritual_liege.jpg
598KB, 850x860px
>>50541459
"oh angron please help me guillimans beating me up"
>>
>>50540973
>believing non-literal thinking is retarded
>what is imagination
>what is "stirring the faculties to act"
>being this autistic

Yeah, who needs a bunch of suckers trained to interpret and analyze the language and intent of the tool primarily responsible for advancing our species out of the ducking Stone Age? Now excuse me while I write eight lines of code that never work right over a whole week and "design" buildings in Auto CAD made of nothing but right angles; surely I will never be replaced by robots, despite my aspergers.
>>
>>50542428
>ducking

You're not wrong, phone poster, but no-one has to like it.
>>
>>50542215
>Drookey Violet

Duncan, it's Droo-key-eye.
>>
All you faggots arguing how "Skitarii" should ne pronounced Ski-tar-i-eye because it's 'correct latin'
Its Not. Why on Earth would the ancient Latin pronounciation of i be the english One? You are using the Latin Word and pronounce it in english, thats hypocritical as fuck
>>
File: 1480415283930.jpg (208KB, 432x510px)
1480415283930.jpg
208KB, 432x510px
>>50542499
>>
>>50542499
so what would the fully authentic way to pronauce that word then mr smarty pants
>>
>>50542499
i just read it as Ski-ta-reeee
>>
File: skitarii.png (33KB, 85x84px) Image search: [Google]
skitarii.png
33KB, 85x84px
Pic: related
>>
>>50542499
Seems fine to me.
>>
File: WH40K - sister of battle.jpg (234KB, 1920x1370px) Image search: [Google]
WH40K - sister of battle.jpg
234KB, 1920x1370px
What happens to a Sister of Battle if she accidentally gets knocked up?
>>
>>50542632

im pretty sure they dont have ovaries but hey what do i know
>>
>>50542632
same thing as happened in years of old: discreat abortion, chemical or physical
>>
>>50542572
>>50542609
This is correct
>>
>>50542653
That sounds reasonable.

>physical
I'm now imagining a ceremony where all the sisters get in a line and take their turn punching the expecting mother in the gut.
>>
>>50541660
Anon, Pert of all of them certainly wasn't a failure. He conquered the toughest worlds that were filled to the brim with nightmarish abominations, enemies the strength of the Legiones Astartes, and the Tempora Ferrox, which would age even Astartes into old men.

Lorgar just had people worship the Emperor and build nice things. So long as you worshipped the Emperor.
>>
Why is it, when the current most powerful being in the mortal plane; Magnus the red, assaults and fights a grot in tall grass he has to swing last?
Why is this game so stupidly biased towards grenades?! thankfuckinggod you loyalist dogs were stopped from cheating at least.
>>
File: epitome of style.jpg (67KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
epitome of style.jpg
67KB, 600x620px
Why do people say blood angels are so shitty?
Honestly they seem much better than a lot of other chapters within than vanilla codex.

Number one, you've got all these extra special weapons.
Like, you want to fill a drop pod and combat squad them to get the most out of it but you don't want just a 5 man squad of bolters sitting around doing jack all, the problem with vanilla marines is you're only allowed access to a heavy weapon which has to snap fire or an expensive grav-cannon without relentless to fire the better profile. Blood angels get a heavy flamer that can cook anyone with 4+ armour or less, no cover saves allowed, no open topped vehicle protecting you.
Inferno pistols is the other thing, for just 5 extra points on the sargent in the drop pod you get a reusable melta gun that allows you to keep your extra attack bonus and the drop pod guarantees you'll be close enough to use it.

Number two, fast vehicles.
Not only does it allow you to move further and fire but it allows you to fire more weapons, in turn allowing you to equip your vehicles with better weapons.
Your razor backs can pull mad initial D drifts and blast rear armour or people hiding out of LoS.

As per the update their stuff has mostly be brought in to line with the vinilla chapters, WS/BS 4 scouts, all dreads have +2 attacks and devastators can take grav-cannons.

Are they still so shit because they can't take the three most broken space marine formations?
Skyhammer
Battle Company
Librarius
>>
>>50542792
that heavy flamer marine looks like he has a bowl cut.
>>
>>50542792
I actually like them, maybe my favourite codex chapter, with the Flesh Tearers also.
>>
Hey guys, shouldn't we get WD earlier this month due to Christmas deadline on deliveries?
>>
File: Caesar Cut.jpg (56KB, 475x665px) Image search: [Google]
Caesar Cut.jpg
56KB, 475x665px
>>50542813
It's this, but it looks weird in plastic.
>>
>>50542792
It's cuz of formations.

Vanilla Marines have the most op shit in the game with formations, Dangles get 2+ rerollable jink and the like, and Yiffs have the horror power that is Wulfen.

Blood Angels are a great army for mid-tier and casual environments, but waacfags hate them because they lack the overpowered formations.

I stil love my bangles
>>
>>50542813
>>50542890
>decides to go in to battle without a helmet
>but he has to have a mask so he doesn't choke on flamer fumes
What's the point on refusing to wear your helmet then?
>>
>>50542904
Blood Angels are stylish.

All helmeted squads are out of fashion, darling.
>>
>>50542904
A E S T H E T I C S

Plus they're all a little crazy after Sangy bit the bullet
>>
>>50542928
Sanguinius died like a bitch, on his knees
>>
>>50542964
Unlike that imperial army dude.

T3 imperial armies are best armies. Actually requiere some skill to play.
>>
>>50540950
because they're the EVIL marines.
>>
>>50543026

but anon that was retconned
>>
>>50541163
Its almost like this game is about your guys or something, and people use tools to help them come up with ideas for their guys. Fucking weird.
>>
is auxiliary unit just "heavy support" not played the last two editions and dont remember auxiliary
>>
>>50539413

fresh bread
>>50542745
>>50542745
>>50542745
>>
File: IMG_0718.jpg (65KB, 450x450px)
IMG_0718.jpg
65KB, 450x450px
>>50543165
What?! When?! Where?!

Also what the hell captcha? Choose squares with street signs?
>>
>>50543190
CHOOSE ALL THE SQUARES ANON
>>
>>50539947
Proper "latin" would be ski-tar-ee-ee, but there actually isn't any proper latin and any latin "pronounciation" is our best guess based on Romance languages
>>
>>50540854
>the new barracuda
Honestly the older one is better imo.
>>
>>50540855
>" hey man you wanna play a game of ,40k?"
>"Sure dude , how many points?"
" Well I've got 1000 points of Blood angels or 1850 of Skitarii, so whatever size you want."
"Let's do 1k on that table."

Is this not considered normal speech?
>>
>>50543175
Yeah, but that isn't what that anon's doing. He's not using it as a tool to help come up with ideas, he's just rolled some numbers and is now obsessively sticking to what he's been given, even though he doesn't seem that happy (asking "where the heck fuck do I go from here" shows he's not exactly inspired by His Dudes).

Possibly the worst thing you can do in 40k is spend a load of time & money painting up dudes you don't truly love. Hence, obsessively following a rollchart made by some internet chucklefucks, whether or not you like the results, seems like a really stupid idea.
>>
>>50542499
>>50543197
You forget that the catholic church exists, and they've been speaking unadulterated latin since the emprah got nailed to a stick.
>>
>>50543342
>unadulterated latin
kek
>>
>>50542384
Terrified enemies of course!
>>
>>50540480
It is dumb, but it's a tough thing to balance. My personal balance would be to make it like Master of Ordnance which is, 2D6 scatter on the Hit Marker arrow and 3D6 scatter on an arrow.
>>
>>50542499
ITT a bunch of retards argue over the pronunciation of a made-up word over hundreds of replies.

>yep, you know you're on /tg/
>>
>>50540299
They are fine, they just lack the talon feet
>>
>>50539413
What are the current best Guard tanks? I have 2 Leman Russ, a Demolisher, a Basilisk and a kit to make Executioner/Demolisher/Punisher. In a lot of these battle reports I see people taking Pask with Punsiher. Outside of that i'm not sure what is good anymore. I saw someone say that Leman Russ tanks weren't good enough anymore for their points.
>>
>>50540950
No girls allowed
>>
>>50544774
Do you even have to worry about girls in 40k outside of someone's girlfriend painting his secondary army or getting her into collecting and painting her own army that she won't play?
>>
>>50540679
Clearly you don't know how to say Blow-odd Angles.
>>
>>50540107
>Not Jailbot faces
Its like you arent even trying
>>
>>50541070
>http://orig13.deviantart.net/9983/f/2016/068/2/e/all2_by_steeljoe-d9ugkuj.gif

All Tau are leathery.
I'm surprised I haven't seen any high-ranking Imperials wearing blue Tau leather, now.
>>
>>50543342
There's a reason linguists make sure that you know when they are talking about Latin and when they are talking about Church Latin. There's a clear delineation.
Thread posts: 374
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.