[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey tg, what kind of strange things would you find in a very

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: D0tMSGZ.jpg (300KB, 1000x1778px) Image search: [Google]
D0tMSGZ.jpg
300KB, 1000x1778px
Hey tg, what kind of strange things would you find in a very icy and cold zombie apocalypse? My world just had an ice storm, you see, and i could need some creative help. Gimme your fun, or terrifying, or sad, or whatever things and ideas you might find in a znowbiepocalypse.
And how would you do to survive?
Picture barely related.
>>
File: 1458585443494.jpg (152KB, 720x573px) Image search: [Google]
1458585443494.jpg
152KB, 720x573px
>>50535466
The zombies would freeze up into weird undead statues of ice, I guess?
>>
>>50535528
I kind of handwaved that. They still move, though they're hard and frozen. Cant fully grip, for example. They thaw just fine indoors or near heat. My favorite ones right now have a kind of turtle shell of ice, locking their head in place and making them more immobile, but tougher. Happened due to them being crouched during the storm.
>>
Kinda deep snow makes for spooky zombie land mines of sorts.

You could also have them just pop out of large snow drifts against buildings or abandoned cars.

Snow also means your survivors can easily find and follow footprints maybe to discover the horrific last stand of some fellow survivors and they can follow footprints of animals easier and might have an easier time hunting.
>>
>>50535934
Mother and son who had to leave their underground shelter for some reason or another. PCs find their bodies in the snow, not too far from the open door of their shelter. The mother is huddled around the son, wearing nothing but a sweater, as if to keep him warm and the son is wearing three coats, one for a child, one for an adult female and one for an adult male. The kid is dead as well, likely from exposure (alternately the kid can be alive). The PCs can get to their shelter and take the supplies that are available--but why did they risk leaving during the massive ice storm?
>>
>>50536280
>>50535934
Yess, i like these. Zombie landmines and the "aftermath" of scenes already played out.
>>
>>50536280
This just makes me think about people that died huddled together for warmth coming back frozen together as double or triple zombies.
>>
>>50535466

At least one fanatical militant cult that wants to cleanse the undead and the sins of the past with holy flame. Those are always a nice addition to frozen apocalyptic worlds.
>>
>>50536449
I'm stealing that. My idea for the cause behind the zombies was a type of parasite that could "couple up" anyway, so it fits just fine.
>>50536554
Noted, will most probably use.
>>
Cold zombies freezing to like your defensive walls and slowly becoming a ramp for other zombies to climb up.

Possibly even the additional weight frozen zombies + loads of snow collapsing roofs or even underground places.

Several zombies frozen together causing a snowplow effect. Might be kind of funny for the PCs to see a large lump of snow slowly moving around an empty field.

Bites maybe don't infect the survivors like, their saliva is frozen so solid that the virus has no way of getting into the blood stream. Assuming it's a virus/infection style zombie thing.

Moving heavy things with sleds would be easy.
>>
A small compound of people who has a limited amount of supplies. They don't always shoot on sight but if an outsider/s seems useful they must pass their test: Getting naked and sprayed with water then forced to stay out in the open for an hour. Sometimes the zombies wander over while tests are going on so they allow those taking the test a knife.
>>
>>50537218
The saliva thing is actually already in play, only parasitically active bites are indoors/unthawed. But yeah, i like those ideas. Imagine having to go out to plow away the frozen in zombie piles outside your base, so they don't pile too high.
>>50537279
That just sounds like a free case of severe hypothermia.
But I'll write down trickstery assholes for you.
>>
Perhaps the PCs leans of and find a location that was supposed to be a safe haven or survivors ( cheesy following false hope theme) and once they get to the location, they only find a desolate frozen husk, full of corpses that are frozen entirely solid still stuck in their previous positions. The people look as though they where fleeing with luggage and such(maybe an airport or train station). As your Players look for a way out, they bump into the crystalline corpses causing a snowball effect. The bodies where dormant undead, hibernating due to the lack of food and large amount of cold and have been sent into a frenzy in response to the warm movement of the living and the long forgotten smell of flesh.
>>
>>50537362
Man my auto correct is pissing me off lately.
>>
Someone couldn't find shelter before the land was engulfed in night so they made an igloo. The PCs don't notice they're on the roof of this makeshift abode and fall through the ceiling. The inhabitant is not happy.
>>
>>50535466
Be sure to make use of frozen waterways with thin ice. PCs have to cross a river/lake when mid way across zombies burst through the ice.
>>
>>50537362
That one is good. Gonna use that further in, since it's maybe a week since everything went to shit still.
>>50537427
Shit, didn't even think of that. Thanks bud.
>>50537413
That could work, we got one guy who's like 160kg, so... Gonna be a big hole.
>>
>>50535466

http://sssscomic.com/

You want zombies in the cold? You want creative? There you go.
>>
Snow is a good source of water. PCs can collect as much as possible in buckets and keep adding to them as it melts down.

Food will spoil slower.

The PCs discover a large perfect circle like 50 yards across where the snow is melted away. They notice the ground is unfrozen and seems to be heated from below. WHAT COULD IT BE?

PC fall down a hole hidden by the snow and a rescue mission ensues.

Bandits or cultist or some kinda crazy folks decide to make an example of some poor NPC lady by hanging her upside down and slitting her wrist leaving grotesque bloodily ice sickles.

Wolves move from higher areas into lower lands to hunt. Maybe zombie wolves.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.