[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1208: BBEG Is Not Left Handed Either Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 659
Thread images: 81

>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>50522612
>>
File: 1466755888443.gif (1MB, 501x341px) Image search: [Google]
1466755888443.gif
1MB, 501x341px
>>50528117
>BBEG reveals their true power
>It's yet another "Jumper wins because they're a blatant Mary Sue" episode
>>
>>50528117
Jumpers! what monsters have you hunted?
whats the biggest and most powerful monster you have ever slain?
>>
File: 1437284872196.jpg (61KB, 666x632px) Image search: [Google]
1437284872196.jpg
61KB, 666x632px
Alright, break time is over. Getting back to work on Metroid. My goal is to have it done by Christmas. Consider it my gift to /jc/.

Expect WIP postings soon.
>>
>>50528144
Hey, I'm not a Mary Sue. I paid for my power with cold, hard CP.
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 13.jpg (30KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 13.jpg
30KB, 225x350px
>>50528167
Cool beans.
>>
>>50528198
>CP
>Currency that your benefactor then gives to you to spend at a vending machine that they also own?
>>
>>50528206
thejoke.jpg
>>
>>50528206
Jumpers, a cosmic charity case? Or something far more sinister?

More news at 10, back to you Tom.
>>
Wait, how does Hero BBS work after the jump? The advice thing I understand, but can I still give advice to newbie Active Heros post-jump?

Is there anything that'll let me give people access to the BBS?
>>
>>50528240
>can I still give advice to newbie Active Heros post-jump?
Who knows? The interdimensional, post-jump time-stop stuff is wonky as it is. Maybe you give advice to heroes in worlds that aren't frozen? Do whatever you want, I don't see how giving advice to people you're incapable of directly interacting with could benefit you.

>Is there anything that'll let me give people access to the BBS?
I didn't see anything in the jump that'll let you do that, no. Expanding the Hero Union across the multiverse seems like a good project post-spark, however.
>>
>>50528240
>can I still give advice to newbie Active Heros post-jump?
I would assume so, yes. That's part of the shtick of the jump, after all.

>spoiler
Not that I'm aware of. It's not a BBS in the traditional sense, so you can't access it via computer or what have you. It's a link that's given to you, that you can access psychically. The admins control who is granted access, people can even fuck with your username, and accounts get mucked up from time to time. There was a hero that got sucked into an 8-bit world, and everyone had scripted dialogue, and only scripted dialogue, so he couldn't talk to anyone. Add to that, he could only read the BBS and not post to it. So he had a rough run.

Have you read the magna? It's relatively short and the chapters make reading it in chunks really viable, as each chapter is a new hero.
>>
File: Blade And Soul.jpg (3MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Blade And Soul.jpg
3MB, 2560x1440px
Has there been any news on the Blade And Soul Jump?
>>
What happens if you have JITTAGALL from Redwall but you're actually evil?
>>
So, Jumpers. How do you plan on dealing with the Exurgent Virus and its many unpleasant children?
Alternatively, how will you deal with people thinking you are a new strain of it?

I know you're capable, no question there. I'm just curious as to the details.
>>
>>50528339
I would assume it just makes horrible people view you as a living embodiment of dickery (Who smells like Lilacs), and good people have a harder time attacking you.
>>
>>50528352
Fire. If it doesnt work I'm just not burning hot enough.
>>
>>50528352
Counter-Exsurgent. I'm going to spread probes throughout the universe with bait for seed AIs, but that contain a virus that converts them into defenders of lower sapient life and opponents of the ETI. For those Exsurgents that have already been infected, magic. Got no frame of reference for that, they can't adapt.
>>
>>50528352
The same way i deal with TITANS thinking they have me cornered. I steal a piece of them, take them apart piece by piece while whatever ego controlling them watches helplessly, catalogue them, then incinerate everything with temperatures that make the center of the sun seem cold.

A good merchant figures out the products of his competitors, and how to deal with them.
>>
Would it be possible to encounter the Draenei in both Warcraft and WoW or were the spess gowts WoW exclusive?
>>
Is anyone else getting weird connection errors when you try to post or move from thread to thread?
>>
>>50528605
If you can get to Outland in Warcraft 3, you can find the goats.
>>
File: blazing sword wallpaper.jpg (61KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
blazing sword wallpaper.jpg
61KB, 500x375px
...Crap.

>>50528633

Anyways I accidentally posted the FE6-7 jump to it's own thread (Somehow, could have sworn I was posting it here). Please reply to this post in the Jumpchain Thread with your criticisms/comments/
>>
I'm planning on making a god-themed chain shortly. Any particular jumps that I should look out for? I already have Danmachi, Lord of Light, Percy Jackson, Fate, (possibly) Panty and Stocking, Okami, Supernatural, and God of War for Divinity, but only Innistrad for things that actually let me be a God to my people. Any advice? I remember there being a jump that let you build a heaven of your own.
>>
>>50528714
Smite?
>>
>>50528166
So, so many. I fought a good chunk of legendary Pokemon in PMD, hunted werewolves and vampires in Van Helsing, and killed scores of demons, giants, undead, and other monsters between Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Demon's Souls, and Hero BBS.

The biggest monster I've slain would probably be the sea serpent we killed in Sword and Sorcery, but the most powerful would be my Demon Lord from Hero BBS. He was the standard "Prince of Darkness" archtype, and focused on minions more than personal power, but he still packed a hell of a wallop. I feel like the Smelter Demon is a worth mentioning; I helped the DS2 protagonist kill it with Lucatiel and it's one of my go-to summons with Samurai Jack's Summoning.
>>
>>50528714
>I'm planning on making a god-themed chain shortly.

So, an average Chain?
>>
>>50528714
Actraiser, Populous, Asura's Wrath
>>
>>50528754
Huh, don't know how I missed that one. Thank you.
>>50528784
Thanks you as well good sir and/or madam.
>>
>>50528166
>Jumpers! what monsters have you hunted?
Hundreds just like any jumper who went to toriko

whats the biggest and most powerful monster you have ever slain?

going by my definition if you're counting true forms and not the diminished aspect that I actually fought darkseid for both,if you're counting size when I fought them the brethren moons for biggest darkseid for most powerful
>>
>>50528692
I'd probably delete that thread and post it here if I were you. More than one /jc/ related thread at a time is a good way of getting us banned.
>>
>>50528892
If Tera trying to role play a jumper in other threads isn't enough to get us banned, nothing is.
>>
>>50528714

supernatural and kung fury have god options that everyone seems to overlook
>>
>>50528914
That was a thing to behold.
>>
>>50528914
Wasn't that some sort of meta /tg/ thread?

Either way it was very embarrassing.
>>
>>50528917
Already had Supernatural, but Kung Fury is nice. Thanks bancho.
>>
>>50528914
>>50528965
>>50528979

They actually killed those old Parliament threads because Tera kept trying to force his way into them and being obnoxious.

Just stopped making them so he'd stop fucking showing up.
>>
>>50528989
Really?
Congrats Tera. You've done something that not even Team Shitposter was able to do: kill a thread.
>>
>>50528989
>burning the house down to keep Tera at bay
You can't make that shit up.
>>
Anyone remember the average rate of growth for fluffy tails? It's ~100 years/tail, as I remember it but I can't find a citation or anything anywhere.

>>50528989
I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'd rather have ten enhance/d/ posters over one Tera.
>>
>>50528989
Jumpers really do ruin everything.
>>
>>50528714
Avengers Earth's mightiest heroes and Marvel cinematic both let you be A Norse God.

warframe has Inaros who is worshiped as a God by a few despite just being a sufficiently advanced ninja drone.

Transformers lets you become robot Jesus.
Avatar: The Last Airbender has the avatar cycle which lets you become magic kung fu Jesus.

you can become Jesus to a bunch of scavengers in Light of Terra.

>>50528989
are you sure because I only showed up to those things once and everyone put me on the block list so I don't see how that would happen.
>>
>>50529086
Then explain why you kept pushing yourself back into those threads.

Time. After time. I've got archives I can GLADLY go digging through.
>>
>>50529103
I only remember doing it once. If I didn't more than once. I'm sorry for misremembering
>>
>>50529103
I'd like to see it. What even were these threads?
>>
Air Gear when
>>
>>50529086
From my understanding, the Marvel Norse gods are just sufficiently advanced aliens, so not sure on that front.

On the Warframe stuff, not really looking at fake god stuff, but things that specifically give actual divinity, whatever that is. Stuff like Percy Jackson, and Danmachi.

Transformers is again just tech, not divinity. I take it as being AKIN to Jesus, and not actually being divine.

Avatar just has reincarnation from what I remember, and that's mostly useless in JumpChain proper.

Light of Terra isn't really what I'm looking for, if I remember the stuff correctly.

Thanks for the effort though dude. Appreciate it.
>>
>>50529196
>From my understanding, the Marvel Norse gods are just sufficiently advanced aliens, so not sure on that front.
Only in MCU. All the others are legit gods.
>>
>>50529172
They were a somewhat badly-put-together set of roleplay threads based around the kind of parliamentary shenanigans you see in British comedy. Ran into a lot of issues due to not enough setting fluff, people not knowing what the fuck they were doing, and in general it just never got a conclusive ending. Not enough posters ever showed up to officially hold votings.
>>
>>50529215
Well, in mainline 616 the Norse gods are both gods AND sufficiently advanced aliens. Jack Kirby really liked the idea of space gods.
>>
File: 1472094352653.png (351KB, 610x342px) Image search: [Google]
1472094352653.png
351KB, 610x342px
>>50528714
>>50529196
It could be an incomplete list but here's what I got:

Asura's Wrath, Lord of Light, Populous, Ragnarok Online, Okami, Percy Jackson, Bomberman, Primal Rage, Girl-chan in Paradise, Supernatural, Mushoku Tensei, Warriors Orochi, Fate/Extra, God of War, Xena/Hercules: The Legendary Journeys, Hyperdimension Neptunia, Kung Fury, SBURB, 'Is It Wrong To Try And Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon?', Exalted: Dragonblooded, and Smite.

Each of those have options where you can become a god, are related to a god (which confers some kind of divinity), or given powers/connections where it synergizes with the desire to be a god (like gaining power from prayer, for starters).

Hope this helps.
>>
>>50529196
>From my understanding, the Marvel Norse gods are just sufficiently advanced aliens, so not sure on that front.
In comics they're out and out gods. Thor can hear prayers and answer them to a degree. Animated stuff is a bit more wishy washy, but they're closer to gods than super aliums.
>>
>>50529222
That... sounds incredibly niche. Like, Jumpchain is mainstream compared to that.

And Tera tried RPing as a jumper in this?
>>
>>50528714
Imawabi no Dakini has some divine themes to it.
>>
>>50529254
Yes.

It went about as well as you can expect.
>>
>>50529238
>Mushoku Tensei
Isn't that just calling yourself a god because you're really good at swordfighting or magic?
>>
>>50529288
No, there's an option where you actually take a shard of the demon god into you.

>600 Demon Seed: Your soul carries within it a discarded spiritual fragment of the Demon God Laplace. This means two things, firstly, you have a genius’ talent at the arcane arts, and secondly, that you possess a pool of mana that rivals the Demon God himself.

I know it's reaching, but every little bit counts.
>>
>>50529215
>>50529240
Huh, I stand corrected.
>>50529238
Thank you kindly, oh supreme god jumper.
>>50529266
I'll check it out. Thanks man.
>>
Who are the companions in Gravity Rush?
>>
>>50529303
>Demon Seed
That either sounds like a Rob Zombie song, or a lewd AMV set to Rob Zombie.
>>
File: 1478434193340.jpg (221KB, 960x643px) Image search: [Google]
1478434193340.jpg
221KB, 960x643px
What are some jumps with undead, of any variety, and what are some of their powers/advantages?

im thinking of an undead chain.
>>
>>50529779
JLD lets you be 3 different flavors of undead at once. Spoopy Ghost Frankenstein a go.
>>
>>50525647
I dunno if you realize it or not but all I use is a slightly modified default template from Microsoft Word. It's honestly pretty easy to just grab a template online and use it for formatting, we used to do it all the time for large engineering reports and technical use manuals.

>>50529509
Variants of key characters from the first game.
>>
>>50529779
The zombies from Highschool of the Dead are nothing special in and of themselves, but the origin has some good perks.
>>
>>50529808
Wait, the entire perkline is noncanon wank? Jeez, could we talk about nerfing it, or replacing the jump if the maker isn't around?
>>
And now it's just too fucking obvious.
>>
Has anyone done a Dog Days Jump? I want my harem of cute animal girls.
>>
File: 1407398913395.jpg (217KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1407398913395.jpg
217KB, 1366x768px
Soooo...here's my capstone ideas for the Samus origin.

1. Organizations and physical structures you beat up the individual in charge of tend to collapse or at least suffer a huge amount of damage.

2. Your body is amazingly receptive to genetic modification, and you will always retain the physical appearance of either a human or what you consider your 'default' appearance if you so wish.

How's this sounding? Also, I'm taking suggestions for a 400 while I'm trying to remember what my original idea was.
>>
>>50529928
Not that I know of. Perhaps you'd consider making one if the setting isn't to lewd?
>>
>>50529938
Looks good to me. As for a 400cp perk, maybe something like being a lot harder to kill, considering all the shit Samus gets put through?
>>
>>50529938
I like it.

Checked 4plebs, might have missed something, forgive me if this is already in or redundant: maybe something for navigation/exploration? I imagine Samus would've done a fair bit better than the average- or even the above average- Metroid player and while this isn't a game I can't imagine spelunking through Zebes being any easier when it's a real place.
>>
File: 1237687998921.png (75KB, 243x192px) Image search: [Google]
1237687998921.png
75KB, 243x192px
>>50529717
It could really go either way.

>>50523956
(Teen Titans) #136
-Species: Human (Free) -It is what it is.
-Background: Nerd (900CP) -I may as well!
-Peak Human Condition (700CP) -Just optimize myself all around.
-Engineering (Free) -And now we're talking.
-Bioengineering (600CP) (Discount) -MORE STUFF!
-Genius (300CP) (Discount) -Additional brains is never a bad thing.
-Costume (Free) -Eh, I'll figure something out.
-Theme Song (Free) -Damn, I got a ton of these.
-Library (0CP) -Always have the sources of information when I can. Always.
Dice Rolls: Jump City, 15 years old
-End Choice: Next Adventure

So... this is probably going to be a setting where the Titans really, really do not like me. Like, at all. Why? Because I'm going to open up an underground Body Shop.

Don't like how you look? Pay to get a new look! Want to carve your flesh away to gain cybernetic benefits? Not sure why you'd throw away limbs but whatever rocks your boat, buddy. Need your gear looked over and repaired? Just drop on by and I'll fix you right up. I don't discriminate, I don't tell. Come by with payment and you'll leave quite content.

It probably won't take long for the Titans to realize who's doing this shit. Even worse once enchantments and gear for spellcasters starts coming out. But until then I'm just going to do everything I can to make sure people are happy and equipped!
>>
Could I learn magic in comics Marvel from Doom or Strange, then use I Cheat or Conjoined Conjures to change the power source to some other type of magic so I can keep using it in future jumps?
>>
File: 1477005520245.jpg (909KB, 1000x3140px) Image search: [Google]
1477005520245.jpg
909KB, 1000x3140px
Rolled 3 (1d5)

>>50524626
20. Terminator
The First Terminator
Drop In
Age 21
Smash Those Metal Motherfuckers
No Fate But What We Make (600)
Cyberdyne Systems, Model 101 (200)
Damaged Microchip (-600)
Drawbacks: Urinal Terminator, I Could Make A Career Out of This Guy!, Wash Day Tomorrow?, Why? (0)

What's notable about the start of this Jump- other than me showing up naked- is that my Terminator companion actually showed up soon after I got there, and I didn't have to go hunt him down or randomly stumble across him. Of course, he showed up naked, too- which made it really awkward when a minute or two after he arrived, the cops showed up and arrested us. I told them that I was an interdimensional traveler, and that the guy I was arrested with was a killer robot from the future, and that I was friends with a snake, a samurai, a werewolf, an amazon, and a flower.

After spending the night in the drunk tank, I was able to convince the police to let us go. We baited out the T1000 and basically did pic related to it; it was a complete massacre. Afterwards, we did the same thing to the T800 sent to kill Sarah Conner. At this point, we basically just sabatoged the efforts to create Skynet, which was pretty easy to do at this point.

1. Rust
2. Ravenloft
3. Megaman Classic
4. Slime Rancher
5. Dragon's Crown
>>
>>50530029
Why not just go to Marvel King Arthur and learn from Morgan le Fay? That's who taught Doom.
>>
>>50529938
Something about destroying their home base by killing the leader/most important person. Planets tend to explode after the final boss after all.
>>
>>50530040
I think Marvel magic is probably banned.
>>
Jump 215: Naruto
>Eight of Swords (Interference), reversed: Learning a valuable lesson from the unexpected consequences of prior decisions. Narrowly escaping criticism, censure, and the imposition of external restrictions. Focusing on the crux of a problem and freeing oneself from a difficult situation.
>Age: 12
>Location:
>Identity: Orphan (-100)
I can only hope that someday people will decide not to charge for every background beside drop-in. Someday.
>Drawbacks: Stuffed (0), There's How Many Movies? (0), Boruto! (0), Hated: Ame, Iwa, Kiri (+200), Dysfunction Junction (+200), Low Priority (+200), The Chosen One (+300), MC-Kun (+500) [Total: +1400]
Filler is good, and it keeps things from being TOO boring between missions. And as far as movies... yeah, I'm okay with those. Even Boruto. There's a lot more I can learn in forty years as opposed to ten.

As far as other things... well, rumors of a Senju bastard would grind Iwa's gears, because 'hey, if we could use him or his bloodline somehow, those Konoha bastards would have their own legacy turned against them or at least get the embarassment rubbed in their faces'. Ame, though? That's more of a 'we could use him because PLOT'. I suppose I can deal with it. Kiri... well, I am kind of funding a guerilla missing-nin resistance, and honestly they deserve it.

MC-Kun's a thing, and Sakura will just have to go on a different team. She can still pine for Sasuke-kun, but maybe having to deal with reality and getting her fanboy crush refined to affection by time and distance would help.

Low Priority? Obvious, because I'm a student of Kakashi. Dysfunction Junction because... I mean, come on, it's Naruto and Sasuke, they're both messed up.
>>
>>50530029
I can't see why not. Hell learning that magic there and continuing to be able to use it without any extra perks is largely down to how you think the chain works. "Magic learned in one setting just keeps working in others" is not an uncommon sentiment.
>>
>>50530070
And The Chosen One? Acceptable; unless it's part of the assigned mission, necessary as an absolute last resort, or someone who is a very special kind of stupid, I will not kill. To be completely honest, killing everything is easy mode anyway.

The main thing I like is that I CAN work toward the goal of rectifying the situations set up by the drawbacks, rather than being permanent conditions. Aside from MC-Kun, anyway.
>Bloodline: Senju (2000, Orphan)
>Bloodline: Uzumaki (1800, Orphan)
We are not going to discuss how the bastard child of a Senju and an Uzumaki could come to be. We are very very much not going to discuss it, ever, and we are going to put him in an orphanage under a different name before burning the paperwork.
>Bloodline Limit: Wood Release (1600, Senju)
Somehow unsurprising for someone with such ancestry, no matter how buried.
>Bloodline Limit: Storm Release (1400)
>Fine Control (1200)
If I'm to stay competitive with the direction this is going, I'm going to need to be able to use every last bit of chakra efficiently.
>You Have Reserves (1100)
And I'm going to need to have enough to draw on to make it work, too. Of course, I effectively have this twice, from having Uzumaki and Senju bloodlines.
>Elemental Affinity: Water (0, first one's free)
>Elemental Affinity: Earth (1000)
>Elemental Affinity: Lightning (800)
A necessary pairing if I'm to have wood release. Which, incidentally, is useful when you're on a team that may contain a less-than-stable jinchuuriki. Storm release is just fun, thought my eyes might be blinded by the flash of the neon light.
>>
>>50530029
IIRC you can choose magic as your powersource in Marvel anyway. Learning more shouldn't be impossible.
>>
>>50530083
>Genjutsu Specialization (0, first one's free)
Coupled with fine control, I should be quite skilled with genjutsu. Beside, Team 7 needs a genjutsu specialist. I believe that was what Sakura was originally supposed to do, though I may be wrong. Though unlike her I'm actually going to take this job seriously and study from people beside my teacher.
>Lesser Ninjutsu Specialization (0, Senju)
>Lesser Taijutsu Specialization (0, Senju)
>Lesser Bukijutsu Specialization (0, Senju)
Having Senju blood apparently means I'm omni-skilled. How convenient.
>Fuinjutsu Prodigy (500, Uzumaki)
Fuinjutsu. A fascinating art. I wonder what it would take to have Naruto let me examine his seal, as long as I promise not to alter it in any way? ...probably a hell of a lot considering Dysfunction Junction. Actually, considering fuinjutsu is the art of manipulating chakra, I wonder if I can make some sort of healing bandage?
>Genius of Hard Work (200, Orphan)
Again, an absolute must, if I'm to keep up with Naruto and Sasuke.
>Ninja Party (0)
Companions deserve the chance to believe it, too.

-----

Considering the build post is three posts long... obviously, I had to take someone's advice and put all the writing snippets into a pastebin, as much as I didn't want to.

Because if I hadn't, it would have ended up being roughly forty posts' worth of writing material.

http://pastebin.com/MP38zaMY
>>
If I want to make 3rd circle hellstriders would the demon I cannibalized still take up a slot to the maximum amount of 3rd circle demons you can have at once since its still alive and such, just horribly mangled into a machine?
>>
>>50530010
Why would the Titans care?
>>
question for jumpers. do you have any especially touchy subjects that you get especially defensive or embarrassed over?
Doesn't need to be anything traumatizing, just some weird overreaction to something relatively trivial

For example, I grabbed some shapeshifting perks early on but after a few decades I developed this weird complex around using any form except my base bodymod. Even when people know about my jumper status, I go to stupid lengths to hide even minor physical changes as a result of abilities.
>>
>>50529938
>Your body is amazingly receptive to genetic modification, and you will always retain the physical appearance of either a human or what you consider your 'default' appearance if you so wish.
I like it, but you might want to change it to something like “you only get the changes to your physical appearance that you desire to have”. Sometimes altering your appearance is half the point to genetic modification.
>>
I'm going to spend the Nanoha jump making money to buy tech since I'm going to take a backseat to the plot. Any corporations I can invest stock in? Does Nanoha even have a stock market?
>>
>>50530143
Because my store doesn't discriminate between friend or foe? If the Hive Five came in and was looking for a tech upgrade, as long as they could provide the cash I'd do the work. I'm like a younger, female version of the Tinkerer. http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Phineas_Mason_(Earth-616)
>>
Question about the Fallen London jump: Unless I'm misinterpreting something the Glimshod Globe needs to be kept in the dark so whatever's inside doesn't hatch, but what is suppose to be inside?
>>
>>50530212
Nanoha probably has a stock market. They're an inter-dimensional scifi society with a stable goverment.
>>
>>50530179
I get to get very touchy and defensive about people bringing up my impractical outfits or my small stature sometimes, or my voracious appetite.
>>
>>50530212
You can probably buy metals that are common on Earth and relatively rare elsewhere in the multi-verse and invest in successful 2000's Earth stocks to make a fortune.
>>
Can I use some power combination involving Brains in Marvel to get super-intelligence on par with the smart guys of Marvel?
>>
>>50530106
Fuinjutsu is literally putting stuff in other stuff. It is nothing beyond that.
>>
Didn't somebody have a combination of perks that allowed them to absorb a dwarf god in WHF?

What where those perks?
>>
>>50530283
>Glimshod Globe
Glim is either the Discarded carapace or leavings of a enormous species of beetle that dwells on the roof of the Neath,I was under the impression it was a Egg for that
>>
File: IMG_7861.jpg (52KB, 426x551px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7861.jpg
52KB, 426x551px
>>50529086
Avatar Last Airbender's Avatar Cycle is useless. It requires you to die and end your chain.
>>
>>50530350
Yes. You're right. It's definitely not got anything to do with putting cursed seals of heaven on people, or diamond tattoos on peoples' forehead, or any of the other stuff that it did in canon. Nope, it's just putting stuff in stuff.
>>
>>50530408
yes, I'm not arguing that, they were asking about divinity stuff And it makes you magic kung fu Jesus.
>>
>>50530408
It really kind of is. It's only useful if you lose or end it early and then only if you don't have real 1-Up perks.
>>
>>50530408
I thought it had your "spiritual dependent" continue in the chain in your place?
>>
>>50530424
>It's definitely not got anything to do with putting cursed seals of heaven on people
Not that guy, but that's was putting weird chairs and pieces of Orchimaru's soul in people.

>or diamond tattoos on peoples' forehead
Storing your own character in it over time.

>or any of the other stuff that it did in canon
Like what? It really just boils down to putting shit in other shit. What counts as shit here is very broad, but that's what it is.
>>
>>50530424
Don't forget that time that Orochimaru placed another seal on Naruto's, cutting off the Nine Tails and throwing Naruto's chakra system out of whack.
>>
>>50530465
Chairs and character are both supposed to be chakra. Phoneposting is suffering.
>>
File: muhdick.gif (2MB, 400x304px) Image search: [Google]
muhdick.gif
2MB, 400x304px
>>50529938
>2. Your body is amazingly receptive to genetic modification, and you will always retain the physical appearance of either a human or what you consider your 'default' appearance if you so wish.
Yes, yes, a thousand times yes.
>>
>>50530465
See here >>50530476. Also, see the ROOT seals, placed on their tongue to keep them from speaking about Danzo or ROOT, directly or indirectly.
>>
>>50529938
>Your body is amazingly receptive to genetic modification, and you will always retain the physical appearance of either a human or what you consider your 'default' appearance if you so wish.
Yes please.
>>
>>50530465
>Like what?
The Flying Thunder God jutsu, teleporting attacks you can't deal with to several miles away, constructing barriers, and quite a few other things.
>>
>>50530476
That was because he combined odd and even numbered seals.

>>50530523
I'll admit, I dunno about that.

>>50530558
>The Flying Thunder God jutsu
He just needs to be able to sense his own chakra. That's all the seals are for.

>teleporting attacks you can't deal with to several miles away, constructing barriers, and quite a few other things.
Don't really remember these.
>>
>>50530596
During the Rescue Gaara Arc, Akatsuki places five seals around the area that created a barrier around the cave they were using to perform the Tailed Beast extraction ritual. In order to break the barrier, you had to remove all five, but removing the fifth one created perfect copies of the ones that removed the seals.
>>
File: 1440261211752.jpg (238KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1440261211752.jpg
238KB, 1920x1080px
>>50530010
(Toriko) #137
-Background: Ingested (900CP) -I want to play this safe. Even if it means going slow, safe is good.
-Bishokuya (700CP) -WE HUNT! Gotta be careful with this, but will so use this.
-Basic Cooking Skills (Free) -Well, this is good to start off...
-Gourmet World Chef (500CP) -But we can do better! Much better, oh yes.
-Food Luck (300CP) -We can do SIGNIFICANTLY better. Best luck for meals.
-The Voice of Ingredients (100CP) -NEVER WILL I MAKE A BAD MEAL AGAIN.
-Survival Training (50CP) (Discount) -In a world as crazy as this, I need guidance.
-Martial Arts Training (Free) -Awwwww yiss. I am all for it, I'll figure something out.
-Hunting Techniques (Free) -To get the most out of our prey, we need to handle them with care.
-Zen Food Meditation (Free) -Interesting. Being thankful for one's food. I'm down with this.
-Food Honor (-50CP) (Discount) -No wasted movements and overall better eating? Yeeeeees.
-Food Immersion (-350CP) (Discount) -Not truly sure what this does, but I will go for it!
-Gourmet Stick (-400CP) -Well well well! This will come in handy!
-Gourmet Cells (-500CP) -Oh my sweet word. Being able to craft pills and give them to people will be SICK.
-Horrific Mutations (-300CP)
-Food Allergy (Chocolate) (0CP)
Dice Rolls: Yutou Island, 21 years old

>mfw Gourmet Cells
>mfw Food Luck/Voice of Ingredients
>mfw Food Immersion
>all of these tasty things, all of these new meals and meats and meats and meats
I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED.

Like for starters fuck the plot and fuck getting involved with the villains. I'm still going with the ruling Toriko made about the original jump ending before Spice Meteor arc, so I am just going to run around and do what I can to find different foods and eat them. I want to gorge myself, I want to taste the wonders of the world. I will feed. Oh yes, I will feed to such an extent and catalogue every single creature I kill for its meat.

...I like meat.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d4)

>>50530037
21. Megaman Classic
Archie Comics
Light Number (900)
Apparent Age 10
Civilian Mode
Unique Architecture (300)
Weapon Copy System (0)
Plasma Buster
Man

This was basically a vacation at this point; I helped Megaman and Dr. Light fight Dr. Wily, which was a cinch between my robotic body and all of my previous powers, and basically used the rest of the time to relax and work on the microchip.

1. Rust
2. Ravenloft
3. Slime Rancher
4. Dragon's Crown
>>
>>50530649
Hey Red, do you have that Carnivores thing where you get an unlimited supply of meat from any creature you kill? Because that might come in handy if you want more food post-jump.
>>
>>50530596
>He just needs to be able to sense his own chakra. That's all the seals are for.
It is a variation of the summoning jutsu (which also relies on Fuinjutsu) to teleport by summoning himself to any location he has placed the seal.

>>50530596
>Don't really remember these.
Minato is such unadulterated bullshit at Fuinjutsu that he can create a barrier formation to send attacks on the level of Kurama's Tailed Beast ball anywhere he has placed his seal.
>>
File: 1470106185188.jpg (54KB, 500x469px) Image search: [Google]
1470106185188.jpg
54KB, 500x469px
>>50530694
...I don't have it yet in this chain. Which makes me sad. But my jumper doesn't know it's coming up, so they are going to kill one of everything and consume one of everything. At minimum. Especially with the food luck/voice of the ingredients combo that will ensure I'm actually pretty good at cooking the various things.
>>
>>50530408
Huh that gives me an idea.
>Jumper dies in a really epic last stand that saves the day in the 11th hour of the Jump
>But they have a One-Up and Avatar Reincarnation
>Jumpchan at the end is about to dole out the Choice Points for the next setting but just goes 'wait, they're a baby they can't even make these choices'
>Companions have to choose all the stuff for the next jump
>Whatever setting is next, Companions have to raise a baby Jumper with all the powers and insanity
>>
>>50530558
Flying Thunder God is a jutsu formula not a fuinjutsu. There's a pretty huge difference.
>>
>>50530748
Those are the same thing. . .
>>
>>50530637
>Created perfect copies of the ones that remove the seals.

Who in the Akatsuki designed that seal? Not only was it a powerful barrier but it also created a replica that somehow possessed all of the unique skills as the person who disrupted the seal.

Orochimaru was the only member of the Akatsuki that specialized in Fuinjutsu, and this was shown years after he left the group.
>>
>>50530649
Food Immersion is basically the improvement of food Honor,it'll help you keep your figure , no matter how much you eat by letting you process and store energy from food spiritually rather than physically.
http://toriko.wikia.com/wiki/Food_Immersion
>>
>>50530773
No they're not.
So disclaimer, I don't actually know Japanese. Shock and awe, it's a dense language that's difficult to learn and I lack the free time to study it in depth. However in spite of this I have been in this fandom and others like it long enough to know what a Kanji is and roughly how they work as letters, and more importantly how they work in proper nouns. It doesn't take mastery of the Japanese language to figure out the conclusions I'm about to make, so I am very confident in them.

So what's the big deal with Seals? These mysterious moon runes have many a use, however most misunderstand them to be related, or specifically for them to be the entirety of the study of Fuinjutsu. This is blatantly not the case but more on that in a bit. First, the reason for this confusion in the fandom.

That fucker. Right there.

You see him? Mocking your language with his elegant brush strokes, pretending "Oh, I'm just one letter, you can surely translate me with error, right?"
>>
>>50528914
I need an explanation, man. I wasn't there
>>
>>50530807

Wrong. Somehow. It's not like it's even hard. But the early translations, and all translations since then, have failed to grasp the nuance of our friend 印. He is pronounced "In" and he means "An Emblem, Mark, Crest, or (you guessed it) Seal". Specifically Seal in the context of an emblem, mark, or crest. Not a seal as in a lock, not a seal as in the amphibious mammal. Specifically an emblem or mark. The English Word "Seal" is a terrible way to translate 印, because oddly enough the English word has too many definitions, and the Japanese kanji only refers to a specific idea.

印 is used to refer specifically to the Hand Signs ninja use to form their Jutsu, thus Hand Seals. Hand Signs is a better translation based on the context. In the Ninja Stat Charts it's also one of the categories for a Ninja's strength is their knowledge of Seals.
>>
>>50529938
>2. Your body is amazingly receptive to genetic modification, and you will always retain the physical appearance of either a human or what you consider your 'default' appearance if you so wish.
This sounds nice, I like this!
>>
>>50530827

Now there's this more complex word. 封印術 (Fuinjutsu) Three Kanji, but breaking it down is rather simple. Our friend 印 is right then in the middle, followed immediately by 術 which is a Ninja's BFF, as this one means Jutsu. 封 Is also simple, in that it means "Envelope" more or less. It's often paired with 印 to spell 封印 pronounced "Fuin". The meaning of this word, and the use of the two kanji that make it up, can also by itself simply be translated as "Seal" because it means it in the English sense of "to shut something away". Envelope Crest, or specifically the sealing of a letter with a wax crest.

Because two kanji together has a more complex meaning than one kanji alone, 封印 (Fuin) is not the same thing as 印 (In), but translators made the mistake of translating both of them into the same English word, creating a misconception that they were directly and unconditionally linked. That they were, somehow, always referring to the same thing. This has never been more false.

Now that that's established... what are those moon runes that do the jutsu then? Well they are 印 (In), probably in the same way that Hand Signs are. But we need context... and so we turn to Hiraishin no Jutsu for a concept used in the description of the technique. Jutsu Shiki, or Technique Formula. These markings are used as way-points for Hiraishin, acting as destination markers for the teleportation and they are unmistakably some form of the runic language used to perform techniques. I will henceforth stop being a weeby douche and start saying Jutsu Shiki or Technique Formula when referring to the scrawl used in Ninjutsu, for simplicity's sake and also because me throwing a kanji into my writing has probably already gotten stale.

So we have the beginnings of understanding how all this works. Now comes the substantiated theory portion, where I grab and present evidence to support said theory.
>>
>>50530775
I guess Konan or Nagato? They did learn under Jiraiya after all, and he was a master of Fuinjutsu.
>>
>>50530849

First, the earliest instance of formalized use of this scrawl. Kuchiyose: Doton: Tsuiga no Jutsu. This is where I start to build the theory that they work a lot like Hand Signs. The most simple things one can do with chakra (ex: wall climbing, water walking, physical enhancement, etc) often don't require any hand signs, just chakra control. Basic Ninjutsu going up from E-Rankers like Henge and Bunshin and all the way up through A-Ranks like Chidori, require more and different hand signs, sometimes even unique ones to perform increasingly complex effects. Now... just to clarify, techniques like Suiryudan no Jutsu are clearly more complex than techniques like Chidori, and do require more hand signs, so the power of a technique is not necessarily equal to it's complexity. Ninja with great or exceptional control, mastery over the chakra nature, or a Kekkei Genkai can sometimes reduce or even eliminate the need for hand signs altogether.

However, what if you want a really really complicated effect... like say... infusing your Summoning Technique so you summon your ninja dogs underground without telefragging them into oblivion? You need to use an Earth Release technique to make them move through the earth and appear from within the earth. This... might be a tall order for all but the mighty Sage of Six Paths with his mastery of all Elements and his Animal Path. So a normal ninja could, maybe, do it with hand signs running through hundreds or thousands of gestures... but more practically, a Jutsu Formula is used to scrawl out the desired effect and then all it needs is some blood, chakra, and a few hand signs and bamf, all done.

Similarly, basic healing is quick and dirty, but intense regenerative surgery requires something like Chikatsu Saisei no Jutsu, and the list goes on and on and on.
>>
>>50530875

Now, these use Jutsu Formula, but they are not Fuinjutsu. A lot of Fuinjutsu use Jutsu Formula as the "container" itself. The Enclosing Technique will often leave an image surrounded by scrawl, or sometimes a kanji if it's an elemental sealing method. Powerful seals like the Evil Sealing Method condense a whole room full of formula runes into a single ring around whatever it is containing.

And just to be through, Juin, as with everything above, means Cursed Mark, not Cursed Seal and is not a Fuinjutsu either.

Fuinjutsu is, specifically, the art of putting a thing inside of another thing regardless of how much or how little sense that makes. Such as putting an elephant in a frog, or putting a book into another book, or putting evil inside of a circle, or five hundred kunai into a scroll.
>>
>>50530887
And that's how I got my PHD in useless anime knowledge.
>>
>>50530887
>Putting an effect inside an object
>>
>>50530773
There is nothing in the manga to ever suggest that 飛雷神の術 is any form of 封印術. Most people describe it as a form of Spatial/Temporal Manipulation jutsu (時空間忍術) and knowing that the basis of jutsu is fundamentally the manipulation of chakra in specific branches/forms, Even if you browse through all of the raws again, you'll be hard pressed to find a moment when Minato actually describes the formation of the Hiraishin, or the Shunshin (technically the less precise, more accessible variant of the same branch)

It's the same thing looking through the databooks, you'll be very hard pressed to find a line pinning down either of those techniques under Fuuinjutsu. Most of the time they're categorized separately.
>>
>>50530887
So what you mean to say is that you are using semantics to argue that the Fuinjutsu perk does none of the things it says it does?
>>
>>50528692
In the 600CP Tactician Perk the second part of it where it exempts you from outside influences like mind control when your making decisions is kind of ridiculous because your always making decisions. The perk is excellent on its own so I'd recommend just removing the second part.

But other than that its very good. Excellent job!
>>
>>50530906
That's probably how they enchant the weapons in Naruto yeah. Either that or some hideously complicated jutsu shiki like is on the Hirashin kunai.
>>
>>50530928
I'm using semantics to say that ninjanon fell into a common fanon trap while writing about the Uzumaki clan because the translators of early Naruto were hacks. Fuinjutsu has nothing to do with Jutsu Shiki. The Uzumaki were wiped out because they were the best at putting shit in other shit when people realized you could make kaiju your superweapons by doing that.
>>
Would you be okay with a Dino thunder jump?
>>
So what path and Choir did you choose in Light of Terra, jumper
>>
>>50530990
The one without the bald chick and the fatty.
>>
File: 1407791316248.png (62KB, 594x397px) Image search: [Google]
1407791316248.png
62KB, 594x397px
>>50530990
I chose "why hasn't anyone made a Riviera jump yet."

Your next line is 'When you make it.' or "x claimed it a while ago."
>>
>>50531014
Yes, because a jumper has no ways to restore hair or slim someone down
>>
How can I teach magic to people in worlds where magic isn't a thing?
>>
>>50530928
The fuinjutsu perk probably wouldn't let you play with teleportation or maybe summoning contracts if read as giving you fuinjutsu knowledge and ignoring the examples.
>>
So what happens if I use "Summon annoying dog" against Orikan, with deadlight broken?
>>
>>50530988
Covered by the 10 years in Power Rangers , isn't it?
>>50530990
Oh man I made so many sacrifices, I still look
back on it as one of my darkest moments.
>>50531059
I think there's something for that In Buffy,but you can try making sufficiently advanced, nanomachines and program them to work like magic in accordance to the same stimulus as magic so that you can teach the method even if the magic isn't there.
>>
>>50531059
Negima has teacher which should let you do it.
>>
>>50530863
I would suspect Nagato because he is an Uzamaki and was trained by Jiraya but Nagato seemed to rely way too much on the Rinnegan's powers, I can't recall a single time where he used something other than physical powers or one of the paths in combat.

On the other hand Konan might actually be the Fuinjutsu master of the Akatsuki, ironically enough. If only because she somehow prepared a lake full of explosive tags against Tobi, and I'd like to think she did not bankrupt her country by buying all of them.
>>
>>50531059

I just assume that magic exists everywhere, people just don't know that it's a thing or how to access it.
>>
>>50530990
Deadlight Broken. I have very intense opinions regarding human limitations and the worth of normal skills, so Deadlight Intact is literally impossible in my eyes unless I suspend my disbelief so much I might as well cut out the middleman say Orikan fell in love with my dick and turned himself into an anime loli before having me go through the ascendance thing she was trying.

Was gonna get the Choir of Lost Voices, but... the slaanesh chick was grating me as much as Cultist-Chan, and I did something harsh which kinda soured our relationship. RIP.
>>
>>50531021
>Riviera
What's a Riviera?
>>
>>50531092
To be fair the Rinnegan powers mean he didn't need much more. Dude took down Jiraya and had every reason to think he was the strongest shinobi in the world. Also being an Uzumaki doesn't automatically make you good at seal, they just had the most developed ones not some genetic inclination to them.
>>
>>50531080
Orikan becomes very confused when a dog suddenly appears in the middle of space and steals both his and your followers weapons as well as leaving dog residue everywhere.
>>
>>50531157
What I'm asking is whether this would be a valid way to stop his ascension.
>>
>>50531143
It's part of the Dept. Heaven series, which has a weird style in that the timeline of the games is moving backwards instead of forwards. It also gets increasingly tragic.

At the 'end' (first game) the world is pretty near an apocalypse but the main villain responsible for all the shit in the past (later games) gets murdered by a harem protag and his harem.

Also, Ein is a dick. Just an fyi.
>>
>>50531154
This is a good point. Up until Naruto showed up, Nagato was smacking around the entire Leaf village by himself, and even nearly won against Naruto. Hell, he probably would have if he hadn't destroyed the Village right before Naruto showed up. If the Deva path had been at full power while all the other paths were still around, Naruto probably would have lost.

Hell, we see revived Nagato, once restored to full health, give Naruto (with Kurama Sage mode), Bee, and Itachi a run for their money. Dude's incredibly powerful, if not on the same level as Naruto/Sasuke/Madara/Kaguya at the end.
>>
>>50531143
Riviera the Promised Land is one title out of a series of JRPGs (The Dept. Heaven series) that pretty much ended with Gungnir (there's 4 games and 1 MIA). But it wasn't extremely well received (the series as a whole) in NA, though admittedly in JP the story was pretty good at the time. The cosmology in it is pretty big, but because of things like LP sites, it got a fair bit of exposure, and well, Babylon took a bit of inspiration from one of those. The Dept. Heaven series is pretty good as far as worldbuilding goes, and there's a fair bit of translated information out there nowadays as far as the old director's notes and storybooks go.
>>
>>50531173
No. It would distract both you and Orikan but you broke the Deadlight which was the only thing preventing him from becoming a god. Completely destroying the equipment and plans of a ancient Necron time traveler is beyond even the power of a small fluffy white dog.
>>
>>50531221
He does beat Naruto. Like Naruto is impaled in the ground while the Pain is taking his time talking with his fellow student of Jiraya. It's only once Hinata decides to throw herself at Pain that the kyuubi carries the fight for him.
>>
>>50531232
What if we had perks to make him even fluffier?

...And possibly, what if jumper is a small fluffy white dog too?
>>
File: 1265426908829.jpg (72KB, 495x325px) Image search: [Google]
1265426908829.jpg
72KB, 495x325px
This is probably apt considering the discussion.

>>50530649
(Naruto) #138
-Background: Clan-Born (900CP) -Well, may as well go all-in with this. Additional mentors will be plenty useful as well.
-Basic Ninja Training (Free) -Free stealth, free training, free goodies! I'm down for that!
-Fine Control (800CP) -More stamina, more accuracy, and a whole load of fun!
-You Have Reserves (Free) -More Chakra! MORE! I will be a natural font of power!
-Jutsu Mastery (500CP) (Discount) -Double the fun! This offers me a lot of versatility. Something I will abuse.
-Senju (-100CP) -General experience at EVERYTHING? As well as more Chakra Reserves? Yes please.
-Uzumaki (-300CP) (2nd Clan-Born Discount) -Chains, obscene life force, more Chakra, and red hair. I don't see why not.
-Hyuga (-800CP) -Let's get the awesome eyes, and the special techniques! I'll do GREAT RESEARCH WITH THIS.
-Kaguya (-1400CP) -BONE SHENANIGANS. OR SOMETHING.
-Uchiha (-1800CP) (Clan-Born Discount) -I am SUPER EDGY and super eye-like. Huh.
-Rinnegan (-2200CP) -AND NOW MY EYES ARE EVEN MORE FUCKED UP. WHAT IS THIS.
-Basic Gear (Free) -A little parting gift to make sure I don't DIE HORRIBLY from all of this.
-Angst (Mandatory)
-Hunted (All except Konohagakure) (Mandatory)
-Reviled (-2100CP)
-Sealed Bloodline (-1800CP)
-Low Priority (-1600CP)
-Out Of Control (-1400CP)
-Pinprick Reserves (-1200CP)
-Thick (-1000CP)
-Dysfunction Junction (-800CP)
-Boiling Blood (-600CP)
-THE CHOSEN ONE (-300CP)
-Blood Lust (0CP)
Dice Rolls: Konohagakure, 13 years old

>everyone is angry at me
>I am literally the most retarded Ninja who should have been a one-in-a-billion eugenics success, but instead was a one-in-a-billion failure
>Hiashi is probably facepalming so hard his skull has become concave
>all while this gorgeous redhead is sitting around smiling, unaware of how everyone in the area hates the shit out of her and only keeps her around for the chance to succeed with a child instead

(1/2)
>>
>>50531265
Oh yeah. Huh. Wow, Nagato/Pain really was crazy strong, wasn't he?
>>
File: derpy.png (189KB, 650x345px) Image search: [Google]
derpy.png
189KB, 650x345px
>>50531305
(2/2)

>"The villages are swarming us... and we would have been able to fend them off, if SOMEONE didn't have the audacity to fuck everything up and become a complete failure to our people!"
>they look over to the redhead
>pic related

"Yeah sure I can't do anything with Chakra, but I can do all kinds of things!"
>"...like what?"
"Check out what I can do with my hands!"
>"Do what with your ha-OHMYGODIT'STWISTINGANDSHIFTING"

They probably just threw me in with the other rejects after that and hoped the sheer incompetence of everyone means even kidnapping attempts fail miserably. Maybe she'll do something right and give a kid who will become the chosen one. ...and then Naruto proves himself the actual Chosen One and literally everyone forgets about me unless they want to throw me somewhere and do some kind of grunt work task. Or to freak someone out.

"Hey check out this third eye on my forehead!"
>"HOLY SHIT RED WHO CARES, JUST KILL THEM ALREADY"
"Awwww... alright."
>"NO NOT WITH THOSE FREAKY ARMS. AUGH FUCK, HOW DO YOU EVEN DO THAT YOU DON'T HAVE CHAKRA"
"...I'm special?"
>"We can all agree on that."
>>
>>50531275
>Orikan during his speech is distracted by how fluffy jumper is and moves to pet him.

>He then realizes that he is a robot skeleton and can't feel the fluffiness anymore. Orikan, ascends to an even more powerful form and then resolves to destroy the galaxy because a reality where he can't pet fluffy creatures is not a reality he wants to exist in.
>>
What the hell is stopping us from just timestop-fragging Orikan before he absorbs the Ctan anyways?
Something like a sudden palm-sized black hole appearing inside of him in an instant should be enough to kill him before he can become a real threat.
>>
>>50531349
Cut-scene invulnerability.
>>
>>50531349
He has time powers too, I think. Also this >>50531373.
>>
>>50531322
>That dog

What about his eyes?
>>
File: NotAsPlanned.jpg (5KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
NotAsPlanned.jpg
5KB, 300x168px
>>50531305
>>
File: derper.jpg (231KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
derper.jpg
231KB, 1280x960px
>>50531387
It is the most fucked up of eyes. Plus it was that dog or pic related.

>>50531424
It is the exact opposite of planned. It is such a failure that Orochimaru would laugh and wonder how they fucked up this hard.

Also someone brought up that Ninjanon apparently ruled you get the CP from mandatory drawbacks? Is that even a thing?
>>
File: monotem.png (167KB, 537x464px) Image search: [Google]
monotem.png
167KB, 537x464px
>>50531173
In the game, Toby mostly gets in the way by stealing things or getting in the way. The deadlight is the only object of any significance in that situation, which is gone, and Orikan is several thousand magnitudes more powerful than a small why dog, so the best he could do is momentarily distract him or tank a single attack before being vaporized.

Unless you want to say that the small white dog somehow got in the way of the energy Orikan is pulling, thereby becoming the supergod in place of him.
That would be pretty funny.
>>
>>50530338
Time to become an inter-dimensional metal mogul and get stinky fucking rich so I can buy all this cool tech
>>
>>50531439
For True Jinchuuriki, I think.
>>
>>50530985
>>50531066
A saner approach is to say the perk gives you mastery over all of those things, instead of claiming that.

1. The perk is useless as you say.

2. It's impossible to get the techniques you described.

3. You wasted a third of your points.
>>
>>50531439
>Ninjanon apparently ruled you get the CP from mandatory drawbacks? Is that even a thing?
Yes, apparently he decided "fuck it, the threats towards the end are bullshit anyway" and let us have points for mandatory drawbacks.

Pretty sure you get points for all of them but I know for certain he explicitly said you get points for the Rinnegan and True Jinchuriki mandatory Drawbacks.
>>
>>50531305
>>Hiashi is probably facepalming so hard his skull has become concave
Kek. Anyone have a link to that greentext?
>>
File: 9e5.png (446KB, 2198x1480px) Image search: [Google]
9e5.png
446KB, 2198x1480px
>>50531602
Done.

>>50531596
>I have 400CP more to spend
FUCK. FUUUUUUUUUUUCK. ...any ideas?
>>
>>50531632
There are some really good 400 cp perks, Plot Armor is a good pick. Senju gives a discount on Wood style.
>>
>>50531632
Use it to get less drawbacks?
>>
>>50531558
>The perk gives access to some of the most broken bullshit in the series anyway
>Useless
Besides it's sill perfectly possible to get those jutsu. You just have to make them yourself or get taught them. HIrashin is learnable.
>>
>>50531632
I'd drop some of those drawbacks you've got. Seriously girl, shit's cray-cray.
>>
>>50531225
It's a shame it ended, because it seems like they had one or two games they still wanted to do in that world.
>>
Where should I go to enhance and upgrade the Treant Parasite from Skullgirls?
>>
>>50531632
MORE. BLOODLINES.
>>
>>50531558
Fuinjutsu is still at least a small part of all the things mentioned and considering the difficulty of fuinjutsu it could be the main factor keeping most ninja from using it.

You could also just say that the perk gives you a talent for anything involving fuinjutsu even if it isn't entirely fuinjutsu, this would also allow the perk to do its stated effects.
>>
>>50531682
Well part of the thing was that by the time Gungnir came out, SRPGs weren't anywhere near as hot as they used to be anymore, and while the worldbuilding had been amazingly intricate up until then, realistically it wasn't very much appreciated. You had folks that were really keen on it when the connection was established, but otherwise there wasn't much support.

Gloria Union is like, completely unknown to the mainstream crowd in a lot of places, and that probably doesn't help them much at all. I dunno if Sting is focusing on Dungeon Travellers instead nowadays.
>>
>>50531632
Remember that the Rinnegan satisfies all the elemental affinity requirements for bloodlines.

It will be harder to master them without the initial training the affinity purchases give you though.
>>
>>50531782
Rewording the perk to be "you're really good at using sealing and jutsu shiki" would do it.
>>
>>50531673
>>50531782
>Broken bullshit
Under your reading it only gives you the most basic of basic things. Seals. The only seal specialist we see fight is Tenten and she's very useless.

It's techncially possible for you to do any and everything. However, that doesn't defend the purchase or illustrate the difficulty inherent in such a thing.

On my end, when reading a perk, what's paramount in my mind is EFFECT and INTENT. The effect of the perk is to give you talent for and basic knowledge of all those skills. The intent was to do so, with the misconception that they were all under one umbrella, yes, but still, the pricing is indicative of talent in all of them. That the TERMINOLOGY is flawed is ultimately meaningless to what the perk does, unless you're a rules lawyer. When an error in terminology appears, only the terminology should be altered to preserve the effect and intent.

>>50531810
The perk would need to be reduced in price to 200 if you're removing most of its effect.
>>
>>50531726
Surgically remove it.
>>
>>50531803
>>50531756
>>50531674
>>50531671
>>50531666
...yeah. Yeah I'm just going to get rid of 'Thick' and 'Out of Control'. Save myself a bit more pain that way, reduce the risk a small amount.
>>
>>50531831
Sealing can also be used to instantly defeat normally unbeatable opponents. Itachi one shots Ororchimaru's eight headed snake monster form using it, they beat literally all the Edo Tensei using it, and Danzo was able to completely stop someone from moving by touching them once.
>>
File: OmegaDog.jpg (8KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
OmegaDog.jpg
8KB, 251x201px
>>50531464
>>
>>50531632
Always cracks me up.
>>
>>50530930
It doesn't seem like it would be quite up to par with the other capstones if that were done.
>>
>>50531632
We laugh but Boruto has three chakra types mastered by the time he's twelve and Himawari oneshots the nine tails and Naruto seconds after getting her byakugan.
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 299x169px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 299x169px
>>50531305
>Sharingan
>But no Wood Release
But why?
>>
>>50532266
>Himawari oneshots the nine tails and Naruto seconds after getting her byakugan.
The fuck Source?
>>
>>50532268
Why would I want Wood Release?

>>50532266
Boruto is also bullshit.
>>
>>50532294
>Why would I want Wood Release?
The full version, not the rip off version some characters have, is complete unadulterated bullshit.
>>
>>50532281
BEHOLD!
>>
>>50531915
Fairly sure none of that even involves seals, you're just not applying your former rigor to the techniques.
>>
>>50532294
Well you did say you were going to be a plant hollow in GHQ.
>>
File: PKH_WoodReleaseChakraMode.jpg (242KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
PKH_WoodReleaseChakraMode.jpg
242KB, 1680x1050px
>>50532294
Why not? It outdoes half of the Sharingan's most bullshit tricks. Giant ninja mechas, controlling Bijuu, etc.
>>
>>50532323
Yes, when I get there. My jumper doesn't KNOW they're going to go there. So there's no real point to picking something up like that when they have no idea what will be in the future.
>>
File: Mindless_Adventure_by_LFF1127.jpg (145KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Mindless_Adventure_by_LFF1127.jpg
145KB, 960x720px
Is there a perk to control what traits your children inherit, so they aren't born as tiny eldritch abominations considering the things most jumpers pick up over time?
>>
>>50532268
Sharingan is much more broken then wood release. You can basically just say you win at taijutsu and learn any jutsu you see.
>>50532281
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzBtQZplSHk
Start at 4:30
>>50532306
It lets you suppress chakra and hit people with trees. Without also being the first Hokage dust release is probably better.
>>50532321
The only one that's questionable their is Danzo. He might have been using a curse rather then a seal. Orochimaru got put in a pot full of sake, the Edo's all got sealed in bandages.
>>
>>50532294
Hashirama took on and beat Madara and Kurama at the same time. Most of that is Hashirama being absolutely insane, but the Wood Release gave him Sage mode, several attacks that caused full power Kurama pain, and the ability to create one wooden golem that could fight Perfect Susanoo on even grounds and another that ORA ORA ORA'd the shit out of Perfect Susanoo Kurama.
>>
>>50532352
Right. So you say without for former rigor.

Regardless, my point stands. The effect and intent is to give you talent and basic knowledge of all of those things,even what you discount as not being fuinjutsu. If anything is to be changed, it would be the terminology. Else the perk would need to be split into three or more, who all collectively equal the current cost. However, the best solution is just to change the name of the perk.
>>
>>50532347
>Denying your children their birthright.
>>
File: 1313800590460.jpg (16KB, 298x289px) Image search: [Google]
1313800590460.jpg
16KB, 298x289px
>>50532352
>Without also being the first Hokage
>Still pushing this myth that Wood Release techniques are impossible without being a reincarnation.
This is full nonsense and you know it. Buying wood release is meant to make you a natural user, not one of the gimped experiments.
>>
>>50532354
Wood release doesn't give sage mode. Danzo, Obito, and Yamato sure as hell didn't have it. Hashirama probably just learned it. Like sage mode is broken as shit and wood release is really good so adding together is great but don't be thinking that's all it takes to be "fuck those mountians."
>>
>>50532413
You're saying you'll be like the First Hokage with just Wood Release and Sage mode. That's bullshit. You can use techniques but not fuck up mountians techniques if you don't have the ability to fuck mountians anyway with chakra.
>>
>>50532387
Yes. Or at least it shouldn't be discounted for Uzumaki because they weren't that good at jutsu shiki.
>>
>>50532450
All those three weren't natural Wood Users though. They were experiments or fakes. None of them were anywhere near the level of Hashirama.

That being said, I'm not saying that only sage mode + wood release = fuck those mountains. As I said, most of that was Hashirama just being insanely buff. For fuck's sake, he beat Madara and Full Power Kurama, the guy is a monster.
>>
>>50532473
Nobody said you'll BE him. Just like buying Eight Gates doesn't make you Might Gai. It simply gives you the potential to use those top end wood techniques. Every time you talk about this, you make it sound like you simply CAN'T.

The jump itself says you are a BEGINNER in everything you buy. This isn't up for debate or confusion. We already all acknowledge you don't start out at the end game.

>With chakra
Which is, again, stated throughout the series, several times, something you train to increase.
>>
>>50532485
Are you seriously trying to get the jumpmaker to change the jump THIS late in the game?

Are you for real or is this just bait?
>>
Anyone have any ideas for using Falna in future jumps beyond Danmachi? I was thinking of just giving it to protagonists that kill a lot of things or giving it to my mooks and throwing Grimm (Abyssal best semblance) at them until they git gud.
>>
>>50532485
No. Keep the discount. Else Uzumaki needs to be reduced to 100 points and a fuinjutsu perk, 200 points.

>>50532504
I think it's paranoidanon again. Remember that he's extremely autistic about Naruto and tried this before.
>>
>>50532413
If I buy Sharingan I get to be Madara while he was alive. Good to know I won't need anything apart from that to hit his levels of bullshit in less then a few centuries.
>>
>>50532520
See >>50532493 , you baiting fuckwhit.
>>
File: 9.gif (36KB, 679x604px) Image search: [Google]
9.gif
36KB, 679x604px
>>50531373
>cut scene invulnerability
>implying that should stop a Jumper
>>
>>50532526
Yes yes we're aware Jumper trumps all settings and everything else because why should the self-insert ever be stoppable.
>>
>>50532507
Put it on your toothbrush.
>>
>>50532535
Well, to be fair, my Naruto writeup on the pastebin ends with Kaguya putting a basketball sized hole in my chest, then vaporizing my head, and I still call her the special kind of stupid. So that's honestly kinda the case.
>>
>>50532535
More like why should the self-insert be beholden to something as stupid as cut scenes, or cut scene invulnerability

Light of Terra as a whole shouldn't be a jump, it's more of a bog-standard CYOA than anything else.
>>
>>50532504
I'm saying he should use the proper terminology in the perk because whats offered doesn't fit with canon.
>>
File: uuuuuh.gif (2MB, 360x269px) Image search: [Google]
uuuuuh.gif
2MB, 360x269px
>>
>>50532566
Your opponent agreed to that. What continued the debate was you trying to remove discounts and change pricing.
>>
>>50532306
>>50532343
>>50532354
Eh. I think I'm just gonna cut down the drawbacks with that spare 400CP. I can't see my jumper wanting to take Wood Release at this point. Sorry.
>>
File: ??? CONFUSION.png (159KB, 462x354px) Image search: [Google]
??? CONFUSION.png
159KB, 462x354px
>>50532535
why are you complaining about self-inserts in /jc/, where being a super powerful self-insert is the point
>>
>>50532582
It's the stupid-ass sense of entitlement that comes with it.
>>
>>50532579
That's fine, I just thought you should know in case you did want it.
>>
>>50532579
Have fun being gimped.
>>
>>50532588
..................I don't get what you mean. cut-scene invulnerability isn't an actual thing in /jc/ to my understanding.
>>
If I just use a spell to rez Kaguya myself if I feel like averting the rest of the final arc, will Sasuke, Naruto, and I still get Sage powers with MC-Kun/Chan.
>>
>>50532613
Not him, but what irritates me about it is that the person who said it was clearly just making a joke.
>>
>>50532535
Go back to CYOA General, you whiny faggot.
>>
>>50532575
Why shouldn't pricing be changed? I mean it does not fit. Arguing we shoul keep things shit because people have already used it is stupid. Anyone wirting a jumpchain already got those powers and unless they're so anal as to retcon their entire jump write up over shit that they could have learned anyway it won't be that hard for people going there in the future to use a more accurate jump.
>>
>>50532620
Everyone will die unless you can stop her.
>>
>>50532635
>Shit
>A terminology issue makes the whole thing shit.

And no, grandfather clause isn't valid.

Honestly at this point I wonder if you're the original guy going on about kanji, because this reads like low effort bait and not exhaustive, autistic nitpicking.
>>
>>50532624
... Dude.

Call me cynical but I've SEEN how jokes get accepted in /jc/ the past few years oh jesus it's been years wtf am I doing with my life and I'm not surprised somebody was offended by that.
>>
>>50532620
Kaguya's not actually dead. Her chakras been split from her body but her soul is still in the world waiting for it to reform.
>>
>>50532638
Yeah yeah, but will we still special snowflake powers?

I'll just timestop and Doormaker her to the sun.
>>
File: Jumpchain2.jpg (41KB, 640x538px) Image search: [Google]
Jumpchain2.jpg
41KB, 640x538px
>>
>>50532579
If it's not too much trouble, what was your Naruto build again?

I vaguely remember something about Byakugan, getting DNA samples, and something something bunny goddess.
>>
>>50532648
Whatever I guess I'll just ignore it if the thread decides it doesn't want a jump closer to canon.
>>
>>50532677
That was her old chain. Her new chain's build is in the thread.
>>
File: 1240941873523.jpg (73KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1240941873523.jpg
73KB, 640x480px
>>50532677
Firstly, look up at >>50531305 and >>50531322.

Secondly, fuck off so hard.
>>
>>50532694
Yeah, I was asking for that.
>>
>>50529050
Depends on the Kitsune, but yeah 100 years a fluffy tail is the usual.
>>
>>50532526
To be fair Orikan would probably just become a god before making his whole grand speech if he knows what the jumper is capable of when their firing off their planet destroying abilities willy nilly. That's how I'd fanwank it, in the non broken deadlight path he assumed that something caused your powers to be weaker or maybe he thinks that surviving a deadly abandoned ship, establishing a planetary civilization, fighting off a planetary invasion, and restoring a priceless piece of technology that even the highest up in the Adeptus Mechanicus would have trouble even understanding how it works, is the maximum extent of a jumpers power and he was at no risk gloating about it.

His mistake.
>>
Well I just went through Chibi-Robo and got both Super Chibi and Alien Blessing. Not just because of the power sharing and the UFO building, but I like the idea of having double infinite power.

So Jumpers, what are some perks that you bought for dumb reasons?
>>
>>50532648
>And no, grandfather clause isn't valid.
And why is that, other than forcing people to ree at jumpmakers if they decide to make a change to their jump that invalidates peoples' builds?
>>
The Narnia wiki says the magic apples gave Snow Queen superhuman physical and magical stamina. Do the ones from the jump do that?y
>>
>>50532761
Presumably, yes? It seems to be literally the same apple, except without the curse attached.
>>
Are there any perks that would allow me to bypass magic immunity? Like, the type Khorne's bigger minions have.
>>
>>50532813
There's one in Smite
>>
>>50532838
Oh, cool, thanks.
>>
File: 1459446908213.gif (7MB, 400x256px) Image search: [Google]
1459446908213.gif
7MB, 400x256px
>>50531305
>>50531322
(Dresden Files) #139
-Background: Practitioner (Wizard) (800CP) -I'm down with this. Just get some magic going.
-Magic 101 (Free) -Shape the magic and mold it!
-The Sight (Free) -DO YOU SEE. Though ho boy this is gonna be dangerous.
-Wizard Tricks (Free) -Well... more downsides, but also healing!
-Clued In (Free) -FUN TIMES! I get to know things!
-Power To Burn (650CP) (Discount) -MORE MAGIC.
-Refined Spellcasting (500CP) (Discount) -Make it energy efficient too!
-World Walker (200CP) (Discount) -Awwww yiss. TRAVEL THE WAY.
-Unwholesomely Good-Looking (100CP) -PRETTY. AS. FUCK.
-Best Ale in Chicago (Free) -I'm gonna fucking need this.
-Magical Focus (0CP) -You wouldn't deprive me of my walking stick would you?
-Enchanted Duster (Free) -STYLIIIIISH.
-Svartalf Apartment (-200CP) -OH HOLY SHIT REALLY? NICE.
-Wizard's Lab (Free) -Into the warehouse, because hell the fuck yes!
-The Hex (-200CP)
-Faerie Debt (0CP)
Dice Rolls: Chicago, 23 years old

So I'm Hexed. Guess I'm staying out of the Warehouse right now. But at least I've got this FAB new apartment I can lounge around in without everything breaking! So that's cool, it's gonna be really sick. Accurate spellcasting, being able to open portals, a lab to create and cast magics... yeah this is going to be really nice.

At least it would be nice if I wasn't the Fair Folk's personal butler in doing their tasks and working for them in order to get the rest of the magic back in exchange for the sweet-ass apartment I was given. I mean it's a nice apartment don't get me wrong. But. Shit.

Ah well. At least it'll be an interesting ten years of practicing magic and exploring the Way.
>>
When is a safe-ish time to enter the DC jump? Is Superman particularly strong at that time?
>>
>>50532813
One of the Dark Clouds has a perk to let you charge your magic to make it pierce magic immunity.
You could also layer some weakness to Magicka onto the spell with Elder Scrolls magic to drop the barrier till the spell runs out.
That way you don't have to keep charging every shot.
>>
>>50533004
I heard the safest time was somewhere around the 18th century, but I'm not sure exactly when.
>>
>>50533013
This also works.
>>
>>50533018
I was hoping to pick up some Superman DNA or copy with the Heroes perk (doesn't allow improvement over the copy-ee).
>>
File: burn_them_all.gif (480KB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
burn_them_all.gif
480KB, 400x226px
>>50528352
I'm going full Covenant on their ass, glass everything within a hundred miles of infection site. Stations will be put under quarantine and required to purge infected sections, if containment fails the station will be destroyed and wreckage slagged.

I ain't going down dark corridors with mutant arm spiders in them, NOPE!
>>
Could the zords from powerangers combine with other mechs?
>>
What confuses me is that I never see anyone taking True Jinchuriki. Subjugating or befriending a Bijuu should be easy for a jumper and the shortened lifespan that comes with using their power costs less than nothing.
>>
>>50533302
They're not designed to, but if you get a Lagann from Gurren Lagann, you could fuse with a zord or megazord, and then make that fuse with something bigger, and so on and so forth
>>
>>50533408
I took it, I got Yin Kurama. Combined it with Uzumaki to be Naruto's cousin, MC-Kun to be part of Team 7, and the story changed dramatically.
>>
>>50533408
Power sources from someone or something else makes you a weakling.

Having another being living inside you is creepy.
>>
While we're wanking Naruto, how would I go about turning myself into an Edo zombie without ending my chain? Could I buy a Horcrux and just have a companion rez me as an Edo instead of using the ritual Voldemort did?
>>
File: hi.jpg (1MB, 5760x2160px) Image search: [Google]
hi.jpg
1MB, 5760x2160px
How would I make weapons that grow on their own with their wielder?

So far all I have is going God in DanMachi, getting Falna, Purview , Master Crafter, and doing pic related to Hephaetus and Hestia to figure out how they made the Hestia Knife.
>>
>>50533408
I took it, got pretty much the same result as this guy, >>50533451.
>>
>>50533452
>Power sources from someone or something else makes you a weakling.
>Says the guy powered by a bored cosmic entity
Kek
>>
>>50533474
The Soul Spear that Supard's get (or you can buy) grows sharper and 'stronger' with you.
>>
>>50533408
Rinnegan is just too good man.
Other than that I bet it has to do with both having a sapient being inside of you and relying on it for power. Especially since you can't let them out without using a pod to keep them around.
I considered taking it, but then I realized that forcing someone to stay inside a rather small seal for eternity that I actually liked was a dick move.
>>
>>50533474
FFX has weapons that grow from AP.
It won't scale with the user completely but it will scale with use, so if they use it all the time there's really no difference.
>>
>>50533512
Forgot to say it's from Mushoku Tensei.
>>
>>50533492
but the Benefactor is totes different gaiz.

Totally different.
>>
>>50533470
Back from the Grave from Generic Universal Monsters might work, but it also might not, same odds as the Horcrux. The perk lets you stay dead after biting it (once per jump, anyway) until spooky horror movie sequel stuff happens to bring you back, and specifically calls out your companions using dark rituals to speed things along.
>>
>>50533492
She gives you your own power sources that you use for your stuff, anon.
>>
File: fairy.jpg (83KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
fairy.jpg
83KB, 600x500px
>>50533492
>Says the guy powered by a bored cosmic entity
>He doesn't just houserule that shit away
kek.
>>
>>50533470
>Being a weird paper zombie with cracks all over their body
Is it really worth it, anon?
>>
Is there anything fundamentally different between Green Lantern TAS and vanilla DC power rings? Would a animated series blue ring boost a vanilla green ring?
>>
>>50533512
>>50533537
>>50533542
Thanks!
>>
>>50533564
>>He doesn't just houserule that shit away
House rule it away to what?

>>50533580
I think DC rings have some extra features. They're also several orders of magnitudes stronger.
>>
>>50533580
A great deal. The TAS rings are a vastly watered down versions of power rings, they have significantly fewer features and are far less powerful.
>>
File: Titanfall V2.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Titanfall V2.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Okay, so, ended up getting over my funk and pushed this update out. Hopefully I've managed to fit enough content.

Changelog (V2.2)
> Added new 100, 200, 400 and 600 level perks to the Grunt, Engineer and Corporate Trees
> Made all Origins Free except for Pilot and Command, which have been made bonus origin-like specializations.
> Added Titan customization for Pilots.
> Added Capital Ship customization for Command.
> Added 'Oi!' and 'Krampus was waiting for your soul!' Perks
> Updated 'Pilot Augmentation' and added 'Pressure Suit and Helmet' for Pilots
> Gave Grunt and Engineer additional freebies.
> Updated 'Pilot Weapon' and 'Anti-Titan Weapon' with new options.
> Added 'Energy Weapon'
> Added 'Marvin Team' and 'Marvin Legion' for Engineers.
> Added 'The 6-4' Offer for Grunts
> 'Pilot Upgrade' reduced to 100cp to fix my silly floating 50cp error.
> Titan info updated with new information.
> Added some italics here and there.
> Added 'Draconis-class' Airship
> Removed a single note.
> Added missing generic perks.
> Added two notes
>>
>>50533598
>House rule it away to what?
To literally anything else. Like, of all the rules of jumpchain, that's the one that makes the least sense.

>Hmm... I'm bored and can travel to anywhere in the multiverse and enforce my will via "drawbacks"
>I can literally do anything, including making myself not bored and setting up strange scenarios across every reality
>Lol, I think I'm gonna alleviate my boredom by picking some random, uninteresting pleb

Something so base is just utterly disappointing.
>>
So how do 40K psychic powers work in other Jumps?
>>
>>50533678
Ancilla and I have discussed this in the IRC - with this update, consider the concept and claim of a titanfall 2 jump abandoned.
>>
>>50533700
You can still use them and the warp analogue in other verses isn't demon hell so it's a lot safer.
At least that seems to be the usual interpretation.
>>
>>50533689
>yeah you know one of the fundamental things this entire CYOA was built on?
>lol fuck it I'm a self-powered omnipotent being
>>
>>50533689
>some random, uninteresting pleb

Not nice to talk about yourself like that, anon. Do you need someone to vent to?
>>
Speaking of claims, I'll claim an elite: dangerous jump.
>>
>>50533779
That sounds like fun, looking forward to it.
>>
>>50533779
Sounds like it'll be fun give it a go.
>>
>>50533779
Hopefully your jump isn't as empty and boring as the game.
>>
>>50533727
>>lol fuck it I'm a self-powered omnipotent being
It's not about where the power's coming from, it's about the Benefactor's motivations. As written, she's effectively playing dress-up with a being who is comparatively an ant.

>>50533759
There are plenty of stories which involve a "normie" being thrown into a wondrous life. Those aren't actually interesting. There are certainly other characters who would produce a more "entertaining" reaction.
>>
>>50533802
Well, I'm making it, so I suppose that it'll be a good fit.
>>
>>50533802
There can't be that many memes in Elite Dangerous can there?
>>
File: 1464806005404.gif (3MB, 1024x435px) Image search: [Google]
1464806005404.gif
3MB, 1024x435px
>>50533678
>mfw
Oh this is gonna be GREAT.

>>50532896
(Red vs. Blue: Project Freelancer) #140
-Background: Freelancer (900CP) -Faaaaan fucking tastic. We're back here again.
-Vic (Free) -Fucking seriously?
-Choice Words (800CP) -What kind of creepy-ass nutjob names himself after his armor?
-Competitive Mindset (Free) -Strange. But I'll take it.
-Storage Space (600CP) -You know... this is nice. I like this.
-Meta (0CP) -Yes. YES. YEEEEEEES. Oh sweet MERCY I need this.
-Moves Like Monty (-300CP) (Discount) -HA! We're bouncing around like a lunatic!
-Modified MJOLNIR Mark IV Armor (Free) -Horribly outdated. But I'll make use of it.
-Deleted (-300CP)
-It's All A Lie! (0CP)
Dice Rolls: 26 years old

So my mind can go into any computer system, which is nice... only now I can bounce around like a maniac and I'm always going to self-improve mentally into a cool person. This is nice. This is really really nice. It feels like an upgrade on levels that were ignored until now. And all it took was the Director and his goons losing their shit and trying to hunt me down! ...wait, no. That's bad. I'M ON YOUR TEAM YOU RETAR-...wait. No records. Aaahahahahahaha, nevermind we gotta go.

It is likely going to be an entire gig of hunting down technology and using the Arcadia to run the hell away from everyone else. Because while I am an advanced operative with a great deal of technology, I am not an army. I will focus on scavenging and booking it.

But if they try to stop me from getting something, it will not be easy.
>>
File: [DESPAIR].gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
[DESPAIR].gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>50533802
>tfw you can't disagree with that
>>
>>50533828
There's not much of anything in Elite Dangerous.
Except podcasts and Netflix
>>
>>50528714
Civilization. Fate series jumps.
>>
Question, does that "kill anything and it will stay dead" perk from Banner Saga work on guys like Asura, YHVH, Lucifer, etc. who get revived by the whole "As Long As there is Evil" thing?
>>
>>50533853
I'm really sad too, honestly.

No good space sims out there these days. Elite is bad, Star Citizen is in dev hell, and the X series killed itself by making the newest game a trash fire and alienating the fanbase.

Maybe I should look into Evochron.
>>
>>50533812
>As written, she's effectively playing dress-up with a being who is comparatively an ant.
So? Humans do this all the time with their pets. That's what you are, a cute little pet.
>>
File: 1236311386788.png (272KB, 408x469px) Image search: [Google]
1236311386788.png
272KB, 408x469px
>>50533944
There's always E.V.E. Online.
>>
File: jumperbringshomegirl.jpg (3MB, 3975x3056px) Image search: [Google]
jumperbringshomegirl.jpg
3MB, 3975x3056px
Jumpers, what does your house look like?
>>
>>50533959
Wouldn't that be an Microsoft Excel Jump?
>>
File: image.png (4MB, 1419x2305px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
4MB, 1419x2305px
>>50533944
>Star Citizen is in dev hell
I wouldn't really call it that. "Hell" implies that nothing is getting done, or else it's getting done and then erased to do it again. Neither is really accurate, as SC is just chugging along slowly. However, there's a fuckload left to do, sooo.....3.0 soon?
>>
>>50533959
Far too late in its lifespan for anyone new to establish themselves.
>>
>>50533952
No, it requires that she's similar in attitude who the kid who puts ants under the magnifying glass. You grow out of that stage because you quickly find it's pointless. It requires that the Benefactor is basically human in mindset despite their massive power, even though it doesn't take much to drift away.
>>
File: You got it.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
You got it.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>50533977
>pic related

>>50533990
It was a joke. E.V.E. is less of a space sim and more of a "corporate bastard" sim.
>>
>>50533988
I've kinda kept my distance on what exactly is going on, hoping that they stick to the promise of releasing a framework to host private servers.

My preference is always single player or only playing with my friends, I really don't like people at all. Interpersonal interaction makes me VERY skittish. If it turns out they don't keep that promise, I don't want to be TOO disappointed about not being able to play.
>>
>>50533952
What would be needed to kill the Benefactor post-spark?
>>
>>50533943
Might count as outside revival.
>>
>>50534020
Go to Prototype and that's all you need.
>>
>>50534020
Bad dog.
>>
>>50533966
House?
>>
>>50534020
It's impossible. So grab Apotheosis, Pioneer of the stars EX, that one perk in the infernals jump, or maybe 8 fold path.
Then use Scarlet destiny with endless mana generated by your favorite method and your benefactor dissapears.

You'd have to be a total asshole to do that though.
An easier method is to just jump Suggverse.
>>
>>50534020
Use one of the limitless post-Spark wishes.
>>
>>50534020
go suggsverse, fuse with the benefactor. Then you either don't need to kill her because you are her, or you can just kill yourself.
>>
>>50534059
>You'd have to be a total asshole to do that though.

I'm pretty sure you'd have to be a total asshole /not/ to do that, though.
>>
>>50533944
Depends on what kind of space sim you want I guess. There used to be talk of making EVE into a jump, and probably DUST514 would be lumped into it. Starsector has plenty of stuff that could be used, but really needs a bit of help to craft a narrative. Dreadnaught isn't so much a spac sim as it is a Ship sim. Space Engineers is pretty much just a cult following now. If you're willing to search through more obscure titles there are plenty of space sims.
>>
This is just a method of bait.
>>
>>50534078
I disagree. Biting the hand that feeds you is always a dick move regardless of the reasons or methods.
>>
>>50534082
None of those are really space sims, though.

I have played Space Engineers, but it has more in common with Minecraft and Kerbal Space Progam than the kind of game I'm talking about. It's more about construction.
>>
>>50534059
>>50534073
We have a suggsverse jump?
>>
File: Suggsverse.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Suggsverse.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>50534111
It was a joke, but technically yes.
>>
>>50534059
>You'd have to be a total asshole to do that though.

>obligatory shitposting where_do_you_think_you_are.jpeg
>>
>>50528240
I asked a while ago and the answer was probably yes. I'll see if I can find it in the archives.
>>
>>50534059
But then you realize the benefactor has all your perks, and all the perks you didn't take, and you don't have those perks anymore. Trying to kill an omnipotent being, not to smart.
>>
File: r3Pa3h5.jpg (90KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
r3Pa3h5.jpg
90KB, 1440x900px
>>50534091
I also disagree.

The Benefactor's shown a willingness to cause untold suffering and harm to countless sapient beings just to stay "entertained". It's too great a risk to allow someone like that to continue their activities unrestricted.
>>
File: TRUST NO ONE.jpg (69KB, 623x416px) Image search: [Google]
TRUST NO ONE.jpg
69KB, 623x416px
>>
>>50534134
>Fire has shown a willingness to cause untold amounts of suffering when someone starts it, just because
>Fire cannot be allowed to continue existing
>>
>>50534132
Non canon garbage.
Keep your fanwank to yourself.
>>
>>50533408
None of the animals appealed to me. Plus, I'd rather invest points in buffing up companions than drop 1,000 to be possessed by a jerk beast.
>>
>>50534163
>Grants something on the spectrum omnipotence with your spark.
>But they're totes not omnipotent kay?
>>
>>50528240
Found this in the archives.

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/49782415/#49783570
>>
>>50533408
As a woman, I don't really want a man living inside of me.
>>
>>50534161
That's a bad analogy, and you should feel bad, anon.

Fire doesn't possess the intelligence nor the empathy to know it's causing harm. The Benefactor is at least intelligent enough to admonish you for being evil, offer drawbacks which anyone would find utterly distasteful from a moral standpoint, and shown a capacity to interact with sapient beings on their level. Despite this, she never shows any remorse or regret and allows you to destroy worlds. At the very least, she's an accomplice in such a scenario.
>>
>>50534179
The spark is latant. You already have it it's just not active.
Thats just how sparks work. The reason you're picked is because you have the spark, and the benefactor is buttering you up so that she has you in her corner when the omnipotence kicks in.
>>
>>50534215
Isn't the Two Tails female? Insofar as any of them have a gender.
>>
THE SIIIIIIIIIIINS NEVER DIE
CANT WASH THIS BLOOD OFF OUR HANDS
LET THE WORLD FEAR US ALL
ITS JUST MEANS TO AN END
>>
>>50534222
If YOUR Benefactor allows YOU to destroy worlds, that reflects poorly on both of you.
>>
>>50534234
Non sense, everyone knows that Jumpchain is the benefactor's waifu/husbando building game.
>>
>>50533408
I took it for all my companions. I assumed that the chi balls that blow up mountains were the strongest thing available, maybe behind using all eight of the Eight Gates.

Do people really not go with that? Was I wrong and are some of the other options stronger?
>>
>>50534222
By some interpretations, she's creating these worlds from scratch. For her, it's no different than watching a character kill someone in video game.
>>
>>50534239
Yes, but the two tails is also pitifully weak and not worth the price. You'd have to be an idiot to go for anything less than 7 tails.
>>
>>50534215
Trust me, from what I hear it can be very fulfilling.
>>
See, my interpretation of how jumpchain works, is that the perks and things I buy, become a part of me.

If I order a new video card for my computer via the internet, install it into my computer, and my internet goes out, my video card still works. It doesn't stop working just because the internet went out.

Likewise, Jumpchan installs the ability to be a Sailor Senshi, or wield Railgun Esper abilities, or cast Harry Potter magic into me. I don't need a constant link to her to ensure those powers continue to work, they're already a part of me.
>>
>>50534261
>Living inside
Weirdo vore fetishist.
>>
>>50534215
With the fan fic option you can make whichever one you choose female.
>>
>>50534262
But if your power goes out...
>>
>>50534256
Rinnegan and Wood Release are both at similar levels of power and don't cost as much.
Beast balls are small time though. You can cut the moon in half if you tried hard.
>>
This is boring.

Jumpers, what's the most boring thing you've endured on your chain? Ever have to deal with the DMV? Before blowing it up?
>>
>>50534260
I don't think that's really true. Didn't the One and Eight tails tell Kurama to fuck off with that shit? I mean, he's the most powerful, but he's also exponentially, not linearly, more powerful, so that doesn't mean much.
>>
>>50534279
Puberty for the 500th time.
>>
>>50534262
But she can just take them away from you when you buy a drawback. And she doesn't even need your permission. She forces you to lose them in jumps like Slice of Life or Fallout.
>>
>>50534277
>Rinnegan and Wood Release are both at similar levels of power and don't cost as much.
Only when wielded by someone who already has chakra comparable to or superior to a Trailer Beast.
>>
>>50534280
No, every indication is that each tail is vastly more powerful than the one before. Shikaku is absolutely pitiful amongst them, as an example, and the two tails shouldn't be much better.
>>
>>50534269
>Not being a Yoshi
>Not cosplaying as Piccolo, answering yes to the inevitable question, and demonstrating in "reality except for X" jumps
>>
>>50534279
One time I got stuck in my warehouse for the remaining 4 1/2 years of a jump, there was a great deal of banging my head on the wall and listening to my benefactor's laughter involved.
>>
>>50534249
No, she offers any jumper the opportunity to destroy worlds. And it's not YOU who's destroying them, as drawbacks are nearly always enforced by her.

She's more akin to a drug dealer, the drug in this case being power. It reflects poorly on both parties should the product be purchased, but offering it in the first place isn't the most moral thing to do. Alternatively, think of it this way: If someone offered you a piece of gold should you allow them to kill a group of people and you accept, you're both evil on several levels. Except the one who's offering it is repugnant even if they don't follow through.
>>
>>50534302
Which you can train up.
Of course if you're jumping naruto and aren't eating the chakra fruit via bullshit you aren't jumping properly.
>>
>>50534304
Why the fuck would the sage give one of them dozens of times more power than the rest combined, anyway?
>>
>>50534333
Well it's like this.
He was dividing the power up a bit at a time but then he got to eight and realized that there was still a whole lot left. He didn't want to be there all day so he just shoved the rest in the Nine tails and called it quits.
>>
File: I Love My Peng.jpg (1MB, 2192x2192px) Image search: [Google]
I Love My Peng.jpg
1MB, 2192x2192px
>>50534222
As pointed out in >>50534258 it's a matter of each individual Jumper's internal rules. So you be cool being you mang.
>>
>>50534333
He's the largest chunk of the ten tails' power.
>>
>>50534321
>aren't eating the chakra fruit via bullshit you aren't jumping properly.
What does that do and how do you get it? Never watched Naruto.
>>
>>50534333
Because the protagonist had to be special even among jinchuuriki and so his nine-tails got a shit-ton of power.

>>50534321
>you aren't jumping properly.

This meme again
>>
>>50534277
Rinnegan is more expensive. Is wood release really that good on its own, or does it just have better feats because its user was stronger? I got lava and dust because they sounded better.
>>
>>50534370
By moving through the multiverse looking for one, because you're not getting one from Naruto's world unless you kill all the humans.
>>
>>50534333
Presumably he was dividing the ten tails into increasingly large portions as he realized the enormity of it's power. By the end he just shoved half into the last tailed beast.
>>
>>50534386
Anon is being dumb.

The Wood Release matched up and defeated a Mangekyo Sharingan. It never faced off against the Rinnegan.
>>
>>50534370
It basically makes you the final boss of the series but better. A whole planet worth of chakra to throw around.
I want to say it's comparable to being the god of magic in FF6, but it's not quite the same.

If you want it for yourself the tried and true combo is cheatmode, and the timetravel amulet from Gargoyles.
Just don't fuck anything up in the past.
>>
>>50534409
To be fair, controlling full power Kurama and creating a Perfect Susanoo that dwarfed a mountain range are better feats than anything I remember from the Rinnegan short of summoning meteors or creating the moon.
>>
>>50534370
Gives you the purest and most plentiful form of Chakra. Either a fuckhueg once-and-done power boost, or gives you every single form of whatever release and magic eyeball. It is unclear.
>>
>>50534362
So then the correct solution is to kill every evil universe creator, set up every other world to thrive on its own, and then protect the rest of the multiverse by destroying the two greatest threats in an act of mutual annihilation.
>>
>>50531915
Itachi uses his special Susanoo sword which I highly doubt you can just learn. Saying they instantly beat the zombies with it is blatant lies because they had to beat them all into submission before they could lock them down with seals, which was incredibly difficult. I can't remember when Danzo does that but given I can't remember, I can't imagine it's exactly on someone impressive.
>>
>>50534386
Wood realease + Senju + A fuck ton of effort would let you beat Madara in the early days of the leaf village.
>>
>>50534279
Even with Team Ash, Pokemon was actually a pretty boring jump when you aren't in a city. Wake-up, morning Zubat attack, walk for a bit, Team Rocket attack, lunch, afternoon Zubat attack, walk some more, dinner, evening Zubat attack, set up camp, sleep, midnight Zubat attack. It gets old after a while, even smacking the Rockets around.
>>
>>50534394
>>50534432
Could I just take a DBC and tell it to find a world with an uneaten chakra fruit? Anything downsides or consequences for eating it?
>>
File: full.png (491KB, 584x389px) Image search: [Google]
full.png
491KB, 584x389px
>>50534260
> You'd have to be an idiot to go for anything less than 7 tails.
what if I just like cats
>>
>>50534294
I wonder how much fun puberty would become once you're mashed dozens of different species and magic into your DNA.
>>
File: june as the normandy sr2.jpg (257KB, 1280x1044px) Image search: [Google]
june as the normandy sr2.jpg
257KB, 1280x1044px
The Astrotrain perk from transformers may let me be spaceship-sized and carry people around, but how do I include an FTL system in my alt-forms?

Just handwave that I transform and install it? Or is there a perk that would work?
>>
>>50534295
Sure, just like I can take the GPU out of my computer.

I guess I'm thinking of this more from an angle like Light of Terra, where the entire deadlight premise is that you're disconnected from Jumpchan, so you don't have powers.
>>
>>50534480
There are a couple tech integration perks.

Savage salvage from kantai collection
ultimate spiderman symbiotes have one too.
there are others but those are the only two I can think of.
>>
>>50534279
sitting around in TOME twiddling my thumbs and just grinding. I got fed up with grinding constantly in TOME and resolved to always have a plan for a jump before I actually jumped in other jumps.
>>
>>50531915
Can we talk about how Orchimaru is actually the most bullshit character in the series? He doesn't have the most raw power, but the kind of ridiculous crap he pulls is on par with late-mid game non-combat focused Jumpers. Creating Mecha Naruto, having enough 1-Ups that killing him is just completely unfeasible, etc.
>>
>>50534462
Still doing it wrong, the two-tailed cat is worthless.
>>
>>50534460
DBC?
As for finding an uneaten chakra fruit you're going to have competition.
There's already a bunch of aliums doing that by travelling through dimensions and the fruit itself is rather rare.

As for consequenses you're gonna be all glowy and shit.
It shouldn't kill you, but IIRC we've never seen anyone but one of the aliens eat it.
They're biologically compatible with humans so you should be alright though.
>>
are there any perks that stop plebs (i.e. everyone that isn't you) from judging your style?
>>
>>50534480
Hive Queen Quest lets you replicate technology as biotech.
Then just put it in yourself.
Futurama FTL is probably the best choice for that by virtue of it's speed.

Other than that Worm has a tech assimilation power.
>>
>>50534523
>As for consequenses you're gonna be all glowy and shit.
What?
>>
>>50534532
Get Charisma EX in the servant supplement.
>>
>>50534450
The jump says that the ___ Specialization (Ninjutsu, in this case) perk is actually better than the Senju bloodline. So would that be even stronger?

The only things I know about Naruto are what I picked up in this thread, and I'm trying to pack as much power into my companions as possible within about a 3000 cp budget.
>>
>>50534523
>DBC
Dimensional Breach Controller from Worm.
>>
>>50534279
Treasure Planet

I was dropped in the Center of Treasure Planet, the vault of treasure from a thousand worlds. Since I was stuck in there I spent the whole time carrying treasure into the warehouse until the plot caught up.

Just weeks of picking up tons of gold and jewels and cataloging it all.
>>
>>50534545
Not all the time, but she was all glowy for a while.
Unless I'm remembering shit wrong and I will readily admit I turned my brain off watching Naruto.
>>
>>50533051
In most DC universes Kryptonian DNA has DRM that makes it impossible to copy.
>>
File: naruto_ch682_p006-007.png (237KB, 900x649px) Image search: [Google]
naruto_ch682_p006-007.png
237KB, 900x649px
>>50534545
Obligatory
>>
>>50534573
No, it doesn't. It's just really fucking complicated, far beyond normal Earthtech, and it should be doable with good enough technology or fiat.
>>
>>50534573
Pretty sure the Heroes power would still work.

And Jumpers could probably use literal magic to "unlock" the DNA or something.
>>
>>50534565
If it can get that specific I dont' see why it wouldn't work.
Although specifying uneaten chakra fruit doesn't mean it will be anywhere near the vicinity or it won't get stolen out from under you while you're looking.
It's probably better than just flying through space though.
Clairvoyance abilities would help a lot.
>>
>>50534566

...Doesn't the planet house a giant, galaxy-spanning teleporter?
>>
>>50534316
>not taking scatter about in etrian odyssey so you can open doors on the outside from inside your warehouse
S.M.H. F.A.M.
>>
>>50534462
I'd say the price isn't worth it. Plenty elsewhere.

>>50534518
Don't pretend to be me.
>>
>>50534523
>DBC?
Dimensional Breach Controller from Worm.

>As for consequenses you're gonna be all glowy and shit.
Eh, I'm a Star born, I'm used to being glowy. I meant, is it going to kill the planet or anything? Should I find an uninhabited one?
>>
>>50534466
Ever seen Teen Titans?
>>
>>50534466
Are there any perks that make it so you've already gone through puberty by default?
>>
>>50534602
That's actually a good question. Has Worm ever said how accurate you can get with a DBC?
>>
>>50534655
Narnia Time lets you just set your age to whatever you want.
>>
>>50534630
They specifically don't grow on uninhabited worlds.

The tree grows when rivers of blood from untold numbers of war spills into the ground, collects, and forms into a tree. The tree grows from drinking the blood that continues to be spilled until it fully matures and grows a single fruit.

You don't need to kill the planet to eat the fruit.
>>
>>50534630
You won't kill the planet by eating the fruit, but the god tree it comes from eventually will by draining the natural energy out of everyone. You aren't going to get a chakra fruit on an unihabited planet
>>
>>50534604
Yes, and it needs the sphere device thing to make it work. Though a Jumper with the right works may be able to get it to work somehow.
>>
>>50534621
That is not how that works. . . that perk opens a door for the ware house when you use that particular perk to enter the warehouse. It wouldn't give me an escape if I got stuck inside.
>>
>>50534655
Highschool of the dead has something kind of like that.
You could also get adult mode in nanoha and just skip the whole thing.
>>
>>50534669
Oh. Good to know.

>>50534684
So burn down the god tree after I eat the fruit?
>>
>>50534604

Yes, but the console is on the surface and even then I didn't have the key.
>>
>>50534697
You use the perk in the warehouse to escape where you're standing to somewhere else in the warehouse.
Then a door opens in the nearest inn.
It's not perfect, but getting trapped is less of an issue.
>>
>>50534564
Ninjutsu Specialization would give you a bigger boost to ninjutsu than the buff you get from Senjuu, but I think Senjuu gives you some an affinity for Wood Release.

I'm probably wrong though.
>>
File: GreatGrail.jpg (577KB, 1739x1242px) Image search: [Google]
GreatGrail.jpg
577KB, 1739x1242px
>>50534669
>The tree grows when rivers of blood from untold numbers of war spills into the ground, collects, and forms into a tree.

That sounds pretty evil to be honest, senpai. Are there any supernatural corruption/mind-control effects I need to worry about?
>>
>>50534573
Where did this Kryptoian DNA DRM thing come from? I've never heard of it before, it is a recent thing?
>>
>>50534719
Huh, that could actually work, thanks.
>>
>>50534736
I think the jump represents that with the discount on Wood Release that Senjuu gives you.
>>
>>50534741
The discussions on the subject lead me to believe it is of questionable legitimacy.
>>
>>50534741
It's been around for a while I thought. Which is what always confused me about modern superboy, since I missed where the change occurred.
>>
>>50534447
He stops Sasuke cold with it. Itachi's special Susanoo sword is a piece of equipment he picked up enchanted for sealing, Orochimaru even recognizes it as such. Sealing was the only way short of the bullshit balls to beat Edo's.
>>
>>50534739
Not as far as we know. Nothing is ever stated in canon.

However, the Sage and his brother initially thought it was the tree rampaging and controlling their mother until they learned she was still aware, and plenty of fans still think the tree itself was controlling or influencing her mentally to want to collect all the chakra back into one place.
>>
>>50534741
Nope, it's been around since 1989. Look up a character called "The Eradicator".
>>
>>50534516
Mecha Naruto is filler but even without that Orochimaru is basically able to lol!science fucking any problem.
>>
>>50534432
You know if you're using cheatmode why stop with just one chakra fruit?
The Otsutsuki Clan has plenty of people that ate a bunch of them.
Normally that's not an option due to the difficulty of finding more, but cheatmode makes it a non issue.
>>
>>50534741
I think it has something to do with how the Eradicator made everyone unable to leave Krypton and clones of Superman haven't been very successful, but frankly it doesn't really seem very legitimate. And it's not like clones are always successful in fiction.
>>
>>50534460
The interdimesnional people turn it into pills through an unknown method and Kaguya goes really crazy when she just straight up eats it.
>>
>>50534763
That somehow looks exactly like it's formed of his Susanoo. I've got serious doubt it's a separate piece of equipment rather then just a unique ability of his styled after a legendary weapon that might exist.

Yes, correct, but that's not exactly what you said. You said 'instantly defeat' which is completely wrong and gives a completely wrong picture of the power.
>>
>>50534655
If there are, they'd make jumps where you start as a really young child VERY weird.

I don't think a 6 year old should have a mustache.
>>
>>50534573
What the fuk, how are Bizarro and Doomsday a thing then?
>>
>>50534850
Nah, that's totes normal in Dr. McNinja. And probably Exalted.
>>
>>50534859
Basicly the "DRM" makes properly copying Kryptonian DNA impossible, resulting in abominations like Bizarro if you try.
>>
>>50534785
>The Otsutsuki Clan has plenty of people that ate a bunch of them.
Wait, there are people that are several times more powerful than the bunny goddess?>>50534786
>>
>>50534888
They got hype for being stronger but then Sasuke and Naruto casually fucked them up. Kaguya still seems to have been stronger in raw power. Her dimension shifting technique is pretty fucking crazy.
>>
File: Galatea.png (186KB, 555x590px) Image search: [Google]
Galatea.png
186KB, 555x590px
>>50534786
>>50534771
>>50534762
>>50534759
So what about near-Kryptonian DNA?
>>
>>50534883
See >>50534597 .

For one thing, nearly every "clone" was made using incomplete scans and DNA. For another, you realize that literally every Kryptonian but Kal-El was born from "birthing matrices" (a.k.a. cloning chambers), right?
>>
>>50534294
Well now I'm wondering how repeatedly going through all that stuff would mess with someone's head.
>>
>>50534859
Classic Doomsday was a "primeval" kryptonian made into a weapon by a mad kryptonain scientist.

>>50534933
No a bloody clue.

>>50534759
I had always heard of it, but I have no real clue where it originates from
>>
>>50533474
Smite has Legacy Of Use.
>>
>>50534933
This >>50534934 senpai. The whole "impossible to copy" thing kind of falls apart when you remember that a major part of their culture was being born artificially and garvesting clones for spare parts.
>>
>>50535108
>implying the Kryptonians didn't have the right licenses to use their own DNA in Kryptonian CRISPR and such
>>
>>50535140
No, they didn't. Because it's not by choice and the Eradicator basically applied a bitch-collar to them so they wouldn't conquer the galaxy.
>>
What type of resistance should I factor in when trying to use Deadly Sinners from Supernatural on someone?
>>
>>50535240
Magic, mental, or corruption IMO.
>>
>>50533598
>DC rings have some extra features and are OOMs stronger
>>50533674
>TAS rings have significantly fewer features and are vastly watered down

> > DC Jump's Ring: "you gain super strength, durability, energy projection, the use of constructs and flight"

> > TAS Jump's Ring: "constructs", "energy blasts", "force field" able to withstand "traversing black holes", no need to eat/breathe/etc, "flight" and "FTL", "sophisticated AI", "database" and "universal translator", etc, "only limits to what functions they're capable of is limited only by your imagination"

So... given the DC jump also offers a severely nerfed Mother Box to buy with your CP, does that mean the ring you can buy with CP in that jump is also nerfed? Because as they're written it really does sound like I'm much better off getting the TAS Ring.
>>
>>50535295
The description of the ring in the DC jump isn't representative of what it can actually do. It'd be better to use the example it gives, Kilowog.
>>
>>50535295
CCDT said it's the real thing.
>>
>>50528206
What, there's a fast and easy way to get boatloads of CP. Sadly I can't share it due to global rule 3.

I really hope the mods don't decide to smite me for this bad joke.
>>
File: Comet-Ping-Pong.jpg (126KB, 820x742px) Image search: [Google]
Comet-Ping-Pong.jpg
126KB, 820x742px
>>50535453
>>
>>50535511
I don't get the joke, but it's good to know there are people here who have good taste in pizza
>>
>>50535716
Pizzagate
>>
are there any decent ways to deal with bullets? outside of sheer durability I mean.
>>
>>50535741
super speed, a reflective barrier, the ability to cut guns in half with your mind, etc...
>>
>>50535741
Telekinesis? Magic shields? Super speed?

You looking for anything specific?
>>
>>50535741
Magic Force fields, Magnetism control, being intangible/etheral.
Dodging by being fast, getting that martial art in anima that makes you invulnerable to non supernatural weapons, the list goes on.
You could even just get a shield from Dune and then call it a day.
>>
>>50535781
>You could even just get a shield from Dune and then call it a day.

Yeah, and then someone uses a laser sight and you go boom.
>>
>>50535741
Being Etheral or otherwise immaterial, or something like Anima's Physical Immunity spell.
>>
What's the best place for teleportation tech?
>>
>>50535804
Not the ones you can get with CP.
Did you read the notes? Yours don't blow up.
They do unfortunately not work on lasers though.
>>
Anybody know how buying races is supposed to work for the companion option in Mushoku Tensei is supposed to work? Is it lumped in under the 'free origin' part, can you spend the 500 CP for perks and items on it, or something else?
>>
File: 1480477341096.gif (1013KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1480477341096.gif
1013KB, 500x375px
>>50535741
Gun Kata.
>>
>>50535755
>>50535763
>>50535781
>>50535809
Yeah I suppose that could work, but I mean something that could work fast enough to save me once the bullet's already fired. I'm mainly looking for something that could handle attacks that I can't see, like a passive force field or reactive intangibility.
>>
>>50535882
Physical Immunity is daily maintenance. There's no real reason you should turn it off in a world where bullets are actually a threat.
>>
>>50534532
Kamen Rider Hisei Part One if you go Grongi. Or just pay 100 for any other origin. Which is probably a good idea because Grongi have a really nasty mandatory drawback.
>>
>>50535882
Medaka Box has something for that.
You dodge automatically even if you don't see it coming.
>>
>>50535882
One of the canon examples of a PS238 Misc Meta user has something like that. Also, Stands can protect you from threats you can't detect.
>>
Where oh where can i become the best merchant in the world?
>>
>>50535923
Hey, would it be reasonable to assume your punch-ghost scales to you? Because if it doesn't, then it quickly becomes a liability.
>>
>>50534279
>anti boredom perks
but before that
>after the plot ends
>>
>>50535982
Animal Crossing, Ravenloft, Elona.
With the proper set up you can now sell anything to anyone.
The only problem is having enough merchandise, but that's what crafting perks are for.
>>
>>50535827
>/k/ommando jumper and his raifu perform elaborate mating dance
>>
Regarding the Halo gauntlet, what exactly are you allowed to import with Mutant? Is it perks only, or does "Select one power or ability to keep during the gauntlet." mean you can import, say, the ability to be a Level One Hundred Magic Caster from Overlord with all your Class Skills? Yeah yeah, I know Benefactor of Magic is there, but it's 500 CP total and I wouldn't want ONI or the Flood getting their claws on it.

Being a high-end magician is certainly better than being Spiderman in freaking Halo, that's for sure. Oh, and both Glitch and Legendary might as well be free points if you're powerful enough.
>>
>>50535984
If Stands scale, they would probably scale with the strength of your soul.

Worst case scenario, you could just not bring out your Stand.
>>
>>50535984
Probably, or at the very least it scales with mental strength.
>>
>>50536064
>you could just not bring out your Stand.
Oh, you can do that? I was under the impression that they were constantly summoned.

>>50536073
Aight.
>>
>>50535982
Changeling is great for it. If you can get yourself a Goblin Market stall that lets you trade in ephemerals. Still has some limits in that it can't do full on template changes (becoming a Mage or ceasing to be a Changeling for instance), but everything from hopes and dreams, to intelligence, to spells (assuming you're the right splat to use them) are valid to sell or buy. Honestly though all you really need are some enchanting perks and maybe Oath enforcement. My chain that got me my name was using Fairy Tail Enchanting plus Craftsman of the Gods from Viking Saga for most of his stuff. Used to shuffle names a lot, but then I made a jump, and figured it best to stop. Honestly been ages since I had a chain which had me pulling that sort of thing. Two ago actually had me retreating to run a Goblin Market stall in Changeling after a huge clusterfuck with me getting a bit overconfident against the True Fae and Calling the Wild Hunt onto my location.
>>
>>50536055
I don't care. Halo Gauntlet was a mistake.
>>
Are there other perks similar to Lip service?
>>
>>50536187
There's one in Cardcaptors.
>>
A question about Anima for those more familiar with the rules than I: If I have a Gnosis higher than 25 and cast Chimera, does the "become a Being Between Worlds with a Gnosis of 25" actually lower my score? Because I want to get some of the high-Gnosis creature abilities, there are some really nice things on offer there.
>>
>>50536180
Gr8 b8, m8. How do we know you're not just an impersonator shitting on another jumpmaker?
>>
>>50536180
You made it and had it on the drive, at least have the decency to take care of your responsibility to the jump you've made.
>>
File: saya-no-uta41.jpg (195KB, 1600x955px) Image search: [Google]
saya-no-uta41.jpg
195KB, 1600x955px
>>50536180
member the fuss KOTOR made when QS wanted to take over and Gauntlet got pushed though?

I member
>>
>>50535982
Ravenloft gives you the ability to write contacts that let you buy anything. Anything.
>>
Is there a way to permanently increase your Mantra to level 2?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNIiF37lVXs
>>
>>50535984
Probably not. Dio's stand wasn't trashing Jotoaro's even though it was the same type and he physically outclassed him.
>>
>>50536255
If you always want higher level mantra there was talk about tapping captured souls from something like dark binding for prayer tier mantra.
It should work, although mantra levels are more of an approximation rather than hard canon.
>>
>>50536255
How is vid related? The first two minutes are at least Level 4.
>>
>>50535984
You can train and develop your stand.
That's what potential is. It could arguably scale based off your soul, but most of the time you just have to get gud.
>>
>>50536203
There aren't any rules for it.

If it were up to me, it'd have no effect on your Gnosis.

Not sure why you don't just cast chimera BEFORE? I mean, Chimera is all about fusing with a monster to become a monsterboy/girl with the monster's gnosis. It seems like something you'd do first.
>>
>>50536241
J U M P
W
H
E
N
?
>>
>>50536335
There's nothing to the setting but a man with brain problems and his sexual relationship with an adulterous loli rapist Cthulhu.
>>
>>50536335
R U L E
O
N
E
>>
>>50536354
G A U N T L E T
M
A
Y
B
E
?
>>
>>50536374
Do it as a normal jump. Just change the way you handle backgrounds.
>>
>>50536374
What would the win condition be?
>>
>>50536330
I think you're thinking of a different spell. Chimera turns you directly into a monster, it doesn't fuse you with anything. And the reason I don't want to transform and then raise my Gnosis is because the Chimera spell offers free DP to spend on your creature abilities, but you can't save them. Spend them when you cast the spell or they just overflow into raising your level. But if there are no rules for it lowering your Gnosis, I'm going to assume it doesn't, meaning there are some really cool toys for me to play with. Like Master of the Supernatural Rank 5, five free Additional Effects for every spell I cast is a really nice benefit for the aspiring sorcerer.
>>
Were there any GL rings that didn't need charging?
>>
File: 1405660443830.jpg (87KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1405660443830.jpg
87KB, 800x800px
>>50536055
>crossposting
I'm on to you
>>
>>50536435
No, though rings can charge off of ambient emotion instead of a battery. Like, a Blue Lantern Ring can just absorb the hope energy being given off by people witnessing something inspiring and use that for fuel.
>>
>>50536435
None that you can take with you.
>>
>>50535984
Could've sworn there was a ruling to that effect back in the day. But can't find it easily on archives. Did find some actually decent Awakened and Requiem abilities for Judas Priest though.
https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/35649194/#35662450
>>
File: sob3.jpg (213KB, 620x804px) Image search: [Google]
sob3.jpg
213KB, 620x804px
>>50536394
If you're brain damaged or what ever the fuck saya is, Cronenberification
If you're normal, destruction of all the Genestealers.
>>
>>50534802
It's not entirely clear to me if Boruto the movie retcons or expands this, but it seems that the Otsutsuki planted the tree, participated in the war over the tree and ultimately Kaguya broke the rules. The original plan was to turn the fruit into edibles that grant immense -but temporary- power. The rule was thus established by the Otsutsuki, not the humans.
>>
>>50536465
Does that mean the a jumper with ALL the Willpower perks could charge their ring just by wearing and not using it?
>>
>>50536374
No. It breaks the 'there's nothing outside of sex' rules. There's literally nothing to the setting. It's earth, with the introduction of a tentacle monster.
>>
>>50536433
>I think you're thinking of a different spell. Chimera turns you directly into a monster, it doesn't fuse you with anything.
You're actually wrong. Look at the art and explanation surrounding it. Chimera turns you into a hybrid. The illustration is of a pair of monstergirls as the result.
>>
>>50536514
I think you're wrong but it's not a hill I wanna die on
>>
>>50536481
Oh shit, can we use those ideas of JoJo Anon for rework?
>>
>>50536504
Well, you'd have to be actually feeling the willpower, not just being passively capable of it. Being all determined about things important to you, that sort of thing. And green has the worst passive charging efficiency, if I'm remembering right. But yeah, it's possible.
>>
>>50536435
You could modify yourself to be an Alpha Lantern. You can get the schematics in GLTAS.

You could also get Iterative Improvement from Worm and give it the power to charge itself. That's what I did.
>>
>>50536540
Fuck yourself with a rusty scalpel.
>>
File: 1480485122767.gif (6MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1480485122767.gif
6MB, 400x400px
>>50536540
>>
>>50536504
Could probably just shove some Spiral Energy in it.
>>
>>50536497
Wait, why would they be stupid enough to waste a tree on TEMPORARY power when Kaguya eating the fruit got that power permanently, and in excess of the other shown Otsutsuki?
>>
>>50536465
They can do that in the newer comics, but the DC jump is quite clear that you need a recharge from a lantern every 24 hours regardless of colour and the TAS jump also says you need a lantern recharge every so often.

Oh, I like this idea though: >>50536546
>>
File: Ein.png (7KB, 147x71px) Image search: [Google]
Ein.png
7KB, 147x71px
>>
Warhammer Fantasy

High Elf
Loremaster of Hoeth 400
Advisor
Aura of Slaanesh 800
Mage
Mage Lord - Azyr
Necromancy 1200
Necromancy Lord 1700
Strength In Numbers 1800
Mark of Slaanesh 2200
Winds of Magic
Wizards Hat and Cloak
Scourge of the Living 1800
Unholy Abomination 1400
I Will Return! 1000
The Hag Queen of the Druchii

Lost my old build for this which is unfortunate it's 126 pages long. Finally finished a new one.

Went Loremaster as I found that to have a good price for what you get previously and doesn't give you mandatory drawbacks letting you take them for CP instead.

Took all the mage stuff, Azyr because meteors + Necromancy. Lot of power there and Babs said something about how it worked as you'd expect it before he disappeared making it more functional than the jump indicates (as it says it only works sometimes, requires a warp and so on).

Strength in Numbers was due to having an extra 100 CP and gives a morale/proficiency boost for your army the more of them there are.

Aura of Slaanesh makes me too sexy to want to hit and causes people to want to turn their cloaks as a result. Mark of Slaanesh is a very powerful mindfuck perk that only works on one person but full on enslaves them, seems to not have much of an upper limit on who it'll work on so it could be handy in a pinch (particularly when jumps have very powerful individuals who want me dead). Not really sure how Slaanesh feels about me, I was a Solitaire in Eldar, had my soul sold in Fantasy and she turned me into a dragon for a joke in LoT. At least they're not trying to eat me.

Drawbacks mean right-minded individuals want me dead which would probably happen anyway given the options I chose and make things die around me. Combine that with the nemesis which means Captain Mommy-Issues himself is going to be sending wave after wave of elves at me and I'm going to have to go in hard with my necromancy. Rolled great though so succeeded in nicking his metal circlet after fighting him repeatedly.
>>
>>50536564
>the gas pump
MOTHER FUCKER. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>50536335
>>50536364
>>50536374
DO IT RIGHT OR NOT AT ALL
O

I
T

R
I
G
H
T

O
R

N
O
T

A
T

A
L
L
>>
Oh hey, lets just ask Cats.

>>50536588
Can you recharge a ring by feeling or willing real hard?
>>
>>50536585
Bad dog, no biscuits.
>>
What jump has the least shitty elves?
>>
>>50536540
Oh shit.

I'm actually gonna go ahead and take this variation of Judas Priest.
>>
>>50536097
>I was under the impression that they were constantly summoned.
No, you can recall them if you want to. Like, there's a moment in part 4 where Koichi ends up in trouble because his stand can't defend itself, and he doesn't know how to recall it because he just got it. Most of the time they just don't bother doing so, because they use their stands to protect their much squishier human bodies.
>>
>>50536612
I think the ones in TES are actually interesting for once, but they're still mostly assholes.
>>
File: Anima pg. 131.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Anima pg. 131.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>50536520
I don't think that's right. The description of the spell just says it's a transformation, it makes no specification about needing another creature to fuse with. As for the art, while the caption for the picture of the elf sorceress and her new angel creation is "The birth of a new being", that page also has the spell Create Being on it. I'm pretty sure it's referring to that, given that there's nothing about the art that suggests fusion with other creatures.
>>
>>50536575
Who knows? They might not have known of its effects were it to be eaten. Do you just eat random murder-fruits willy nilly?
>>
>>50536597
Yeah but it tends to be a last ditch attempt and it's hard.

IIRC Sinestro Corps members HAVE to escape a pod by charging their rings with their own fear to survive their training.

Plus it's sort of unnecessary as you get a free battery.
>>
>>50536622
The only good TES elves are Dunmer.
>>
>>50536614
Shit I responded to the wrong. fucking. post.
>>
>>50535982
Dosh King, from Kill la Kill
Sell water to drowning people, reap profits
>>
>>50536640
They're also ugly as fuck.

>>50536612
Legend of Zelda
>>
>>50536640
>Forgetting Khajiit.
>>
>>50536612
Trick question.
All elves are equally shit. Infinitely shit.

The least shitty individual elf is probably Rhunon of Inheritance. Because she's a dwarf trapped in an elf's body.

>>50536640
Odd.
That's not how you spell Dwemer.
>>
>>50536612
Real world jumps. The only good elf is an imaginary elf.
>>
>>50536575
Stability. Kaguya went pretty crazy, and when she lost control of her power started turning into a giant rabbit-monster. Momoshiki's processed fruits don't have that risk. It's also implied that there is a permanent increase in addition to the temporary boost, just not as much as eating the raw uncut chakra fruit provides.
>>
>>50536628
That's how we discovered tomatoes. People thought the were poisonous for a long time because all the plants they're related to are deadly poison, and all parts of the tomato except the fruit are poisonous, so it took one brave retard to teach us they were okay.
>>
>>50536612
Doujins
>>
File: 1470117512369.png (66KB, 415x250px) Image search: [Google]
1470117512369.png
66KB, 415x250px
How far along does a series have to be before we can make a jump?

Can we get away with a less developed setting if we're willing to stick around and update as needed?
>>
File: 4v44lSMm1uohxh3o1_500.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
4v44lSMm1uohxh3o1_500.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>50536612
>>
File: Dunmer_(Online).jpg (104KB, 520x384px) Image search: [Google]
Dunmer_(Online).jpg
104KB, 520x384px
>>50536655
Eh. Depends on your canon.

Bethesda might still be trying to tweak their faces. Remember how Oblivifaces became a meme?
>>
>>50533678
So I'm trying to wrap my head around the benefits of buying Apex Beauty multiple times. As I understand it: The first purchase means you can rebuild your body, in a rough and general sense. The second purchase makes you looks better, and adds the scaling factor, so as you become more dangerou you look more beautiful/handsome/whatever. Each subsequent purchase then just makes you prettier. Is this close to what you intended. (I'm mostly not sure if the scaling factor is linked to each and every purchase beyond the first, or just flat out comes with the second purchase)
>>
File: brelyna_by_ekuneshiel-d67kzps.jpg (415KB, 600x857px) Image search: [Google]
brelyna_by_ekuneshiel-d67kzps.jpg
415KB, 600x857px
>>50536655
I dunno about that.

Legend of Zelda elves are just humans with pointy ears in a setting where humans aren't a thing.

>>50536659
Maiq and Jzargo are the only good Khajiit.

>>50536664
Dwemer were like second or third worst elves. Cool tech, but that's it.
>>
>>50536696
Far enough to have enough material to make a jump.
If you wnat to make a jump for an unfinished setting it really would be for the best to stick around for updates.
However be ready for a Toriko/Fairy tale shitsuation.
Escalation is a hell of a drug and every animu writer is overdosing daily.
>>
>>50536696
In the past when people have tried to make a jump for something that hasn't been that far along it's turned into an OC shitshow. You've also got the problem of powercreep: you write the jump to be low power because the opening parts of the story are low power and six months later its a typical shonen fucktard moonpunch extravaganza.

You're better off waiting until its fairly well established if not done.
>>
>>50536711
>Legend of Zelda elves are just humans with pointy ears in a setting where humans aren't a thing.
Yup. Best elves.
>>
>>50536724
Why was RWBY made so early, anyway? The waifus aren't even that good.
>>
>>50536625
It's not described as a transformation. It says they cease to be natural and become a being between worlds. Also, it tells you to go to the Creation of Beings section to spend your new points, and I don't know if that section is in your PDF, but in the full core PDF, that section consists of ADDITIONS to your body. Hell, most of the stuff you can buy is just small monster traits.

You're not becoming a monster, in the sense of a full on dog beast or whatever. You're stitching on some ears, or wings, or extra pair of arms. Aka, monsterboy/girl level.

I'd have to dig through the book more, but honestly? The effect (Adding small animal additions to your body), the name, and the fact that the tree focuses on summoning or creating non-humans, seems to clue me in that the basic functionality is fusing yourself with a creation, more or less.
>>
>>50536711
Humans exist in Legend of Zelda. Hylians are a separate race despite the distinction rarely mattering.
Although beyond the pointed ears they're almost identical.
>>
>>50536741
...Fair point.
>>
>>50536677
>crazy, and when she lost control of her power started turning into a giant rabbit-monster
Would sanity perks and the Idiot Magician Is Your Friend from Bartimaeus help there?
>>
>>50536749
Mega popular.
>>
>>50536655
Hylians are called human outright, bro.
>>
>>50536749
It was an early jump and RWBY gets lots of hype.
>>
>>50536711
>Dwemer were like second or third worst elves. Cool tech, but that's it.

Shittalking the gods is pretty funny as well.
>>
>>50536749
some people pick waifus based on
a e s t h e t i c s
>>
>>50536700
>Online
Not even made by the same company.
>>
>>50536749
Phyrra's alright, and Weiss has that "arroganter than thou" thing that gives me a boner. And it would be amusing to hit on the Tumblrites.
But other than that, yeah. Shitty waifus all around.
>>
>>50536721
Yarr?
>>
>>50536749
>Why was RWBY made so early, anyway?
Because it was plotless for a full two seasons, and pretty much everyone thought it wasn't going to do anything too shocking. And then we got 3 seasons worth of plot in 3 or 4 episodes and learned that everything we knew was wrong.

>The waifus aren't even that good.
You don't pick a waifu because she's good, you pick a waifu because you're an emotionally stunted individual who can't cut it in the real world.
>>
File: best elf.jpg (944KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
best elf.jpg
944KB, 1680x1050px
>>50536612
The true best elf is pic related

Search your heart, you know it to be true
>>
>>50536794
And yet no one's been able to actually cite its lack of canonicity.
>>
>>50536721
Speed Luigi?
>>
>>50536784
True. TES gods are worse than the elves.

Except for based Lorkhan and some Deadra.
>>
>>50536724

>You're better off waiting until its fairly well established if not done.

Words to live by. My only mistake in that sense was Captain SNES, but to be honest that story literally has gone on longer than homestuck and moved at a slower pace. If that gets done before the author dies or the internet is destroyed i'll be pleasantly surprised

>>50536749
Honestly? I think RWBY is this weird thing where it blew up in popularity when it first started and then slowly died off as a show the longer it went on, so yeah a jump based on it was kinda inevitable
It's sad cause it looks like actual effort is being put into it now, but it already peaked early in actual relevance
>>
>>50536701
Okay, probably a wording failure on my part, but it basically means you get BOTH with the FIRST purchase, and each successive purchase basically amps it up successive times.
>>
>>50536819
>STILL being too lazy to google.
Your problem.

Anyway, that wasn't even a post about canoncity, so good on you for still being butthurt, I guess. It was about you saying BETHESDA might be trying to fix their look while posting a screenshot from a game by Zenimax Online.
>>
>>50536819
It's like Other M where it makes every other game in the series non canon.
By extension that means it's only canon to itself and therefore non canon in general to the series.
Now fuck off Colonel Sanders. You were a shit loremaster and deserved to be fired.
>>
>>50536814
The fuck is that?
>>
>>50536696
How confident are you that there's not going to be a shocking reveal of some kind?

Imagine what would have happened if we got a Worm jump before we knew that powers come from interdimensional aliens jammed in your brain.
>>
>>50536839
>>50536842

>STILL being too lazy to offer proof
>>
>>50536851
...what would really change about that? The powers would still be the same, it'd just have a different source. It becomes fiat based post jump anyway even with the alien stuff. Not the best example.
>>
>>50536849
Orsimer, a TES Orc. They are elves who's god was murdered. Also best orcs.

Best Orc, Best Elf, Best of both worlds
>>
>>50536857
I mean you could always just play the game.
I normally wouldn't wish that on anyone, but you should see it contradict everything else first hand for maximum rage.
I wouldn't want to take that from you.
>>
>>50536849
Looks like an orc.
>>
Didn't Kirkbride just go "lul, everything and nothing is canon gaiz"?
>>
>>50536857
>STILL ignoring the actual complaint about your post to vent asshurt from a month ago.
>>
File: history.png (15KB, 487x127px) Image search: [Google]
history.png
15KB, 487x127px
Hey guys, look. It's the first post that 'salt' was used on /jc/.
>>
>>50536839
>It was about you saying BETHESDA
That wasn't me, anon. But yes, I am still butthurt that you're making such an important claim and expect me to sift through the WORLD-WIDE Web to find something that probably doesn't even exist.
>>
>>50536805
>Tumblrites
Are you referring to team NDGO?

I keep hearing people say they're tumblr, but I don't remember anything in the episode that implied that.

Although, thinking about the girl with the knife dress makes me want to request that the update adds a timestop semblance, and that taking it allows you to get an absolute shitton of knives instead of a variable weapon.
>>
File: Rakam.png (265KB, 619x461px) Image search: [Google]
Rakam.png
265KB, 619x461px
>>50536724
>You're better off waiting until its fairly well established if not done.

>TFW Certain settings cant stop wont stop making side content+main content+5 or more extra characters every month because that's how they make money
>>
>>50536891
Google is a neat invention.
>>
>>50536872
Orca are better than most elves, but they're still not great. They're only even technically elves at this point, anyway.
>>
>>50536696
If you're willing to turn Jumpchain into your life basically and do nothing but answer questions, update, and whatnot, there's no reason why you can't make a jump of a series that has just started. You'd just be constantly fleshing it out.
>>
>>50536872
I was hoping you had a specific Orsimer in mind.
>>
>>50536831
Nocturnal is best girl.
>>
>>50536805
Exactly how is Yang shit? I ask because from what little I know she seems like the least shit one.
>>
>>50536902
The same can be said of fully half the races in Elder Scrolls, including Khajiit. Doesn't matter to some anons though.
>>
File: killer elf.jpg (2MB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
killer elf.jpg
2MB, 2880x1800px
>>50536902
>Orca are better than most elves

You're goddamn right.
>>
>>50536890
I think we went into this a while ago, that was before it was used as now.
>>
>>50536898
>Hey, Timmy, you claim here that 9/11 was an inside job... Can you give some evidence to support that?
>Lolwut? No, clearly I'm right. Google it, bro.
>>
>>50536772
Not that anon, but what about the Kokiri?
They have pointed ears, live in the woods, and never grow up.
Also probably immortal.
…That would mean that Saria is best elf. I can live with this.
>>
>>50536924
Normally she's best, but lately she's been pretty angsty.

You thought I was going to say Yangsty, didn't you?
>>
>>50536756
Okay, I think I get what you're saying, and this was all just a misunderstanding based on us not defining our terms to begin with. I thought you were saying that the spell was taking a pre-existing creature and fusing it with yourself. But I think what you actually mean is that it's creating an infusion of inhuman flesh that transforms the person, like cloning a creature's organs for transplantation without ever having the original creature. Is that what you mean? Because if so, yeah, totally agree on that part. When the Creation school transforms, it does so by adding new things on. That makes sense. I don't think they have to be monsterfolk, though. I can think of plenty of physical transformations granting superpowers that would be entirely internal, all sorts of weird alchemical glands and mystic focusing nodes. Some things, like Natural Weapon or Natural Flight Value would have to be outward changes, but the stuff I'm interested in (primarily magic-boosting stuff) could be internal.
>>
>>50536588
Question, how would you feel about someone making a jump focusing on the comics lantern cores. Someone said once before when that idea came up that such a jump would be impossible because yours has a ring available.

Not saying I intend to make one but it would be good to know your view on the subject for future reference.
>>
>>50536952
Kokiri are basically elves, yes. And Saria is great.
>>
>>50536946
Todd Howard outright said it wasn't canon because of how much of a shitshow the game was.
There I saved you five minutes of your time.
Now fuck off.
>>
>>50536944
Yeah, it seems like it's taken a dip in it's use recently. A single salty tear runs down my face.
>>
>>50536588
>>50536961
Now let me try that with proper punctuation.

Question, how would you feel about someone making a jump focusing on the comics lantern cores? Someone said once before when that idea came up that such a jump would be impossible because yours has a ring available.

Not saying I intend to make one but it would be good to know your view on the subject for future reference.
>>
>>50536955
Essentially. You're creating parts of monsters and monster anatomy and weaving it into yourself until it becomes indistinguishable.

Also, while it's true that if you wanted to be really careful or had something very specific in mind you can avoid external changes, they're still technically meant to be the traits of monsters. Jury is out if you think that still counts as monsterboy.
>>
>>50536772
The wiki says both them and gerudo are just races of humans. Huh.
>>
>>50536696
Sure. You might need to do an update but people really exaggerate how bad that is, unless you pick something that becomes something else entirely halfway through. Like a fantasy series revealing it's actually Sci fi all along. If it's just power escalating you won't have too much trouble as long as you keep things a little open at the start.

If you're going to worry about something, Toriko type escalating isn't the problem. Nasuverse style constant retconning is the real problem, since it's so much harder to deal with updates that make you change or remove stuff, rather then just buffing and adding things.
>>
>>50536944
I think that might be a reference to the Portal 2 Perpetual Testing Initiative stuff? The thing where they all transform into pillars of pure salt.
>>
>>50537015
The Hylians are literally just slightly altered humans chosen by Hylia to live with her. They got special ears that can hear the gods, they got increased magical talent, and that's honestly it.
>>
>>50536696

I think it's best if a series is completely done before a jump is made. There's way too many issues or surprises that can completely mess up jump designs, particularly if a jump is made far too early.

I suppose a case can be made for a veteran jump creator starting work on a jump before a series is completely over, but this should only be when it's very clear that a series is going into its final chapters and there's no real surprises left.

I'd recommend against allowing newbie creators to take on series that aren't finished, due to the issues and immense work that may be involved should a series suddenly change midway through its story.
>>
Are manipulation perks innately "bad", /jc/?
>>
>>50536924
The decisions she makes are consistently self detrimental, and she suffers from motive decay so much that despite being one of the main characters, she doesn't feel like one at all. If anything, there's probably more to be gained from her dying after some sort of recovery arc than there is to try and keep pumping character development into her.
>>
>>50537021
Which in itself is a biblical reference. It's probably a bible reference.
>>
>>50537021
It's a bible reference. When God nuked Sodom and that other place I can't spell someone looked back to see and got turned into salt.
I guess Portal made the same reference.
>>
>>50537029
No. Nothing's innately bad.
>>
>>50537029
Depends on your morals and what you mean by manipulation.
Just talking to people in real life is manipulating them in a technical sense.
>>
>>50537046
What about Sonichu?
>>
>>50537000
I think you could be externally human enough that no one would notice. Maybe if a medical professional examined you they'd notice something without having to go invasive, but nothing that would be immediately apparent to normal inspection. Creation lets you design your own monsters, after all, basing my Chimera off of one that looks very human should be possible.
>>
>>50537040
>that other place I can't spell
Gomorrah. Which for some reason there's no sex act named after. You can sodomize someone, but not gomorrate them. I feel like this needs to be corrected. But this is a blue board, so enough of that.
>>
>>50536961
>>50536984
I don't own a monopoly on DC jumps, there are plenty of others already and it isn't for me to say what is and isn't allowed.

It could be good but I think it'd be difficult to make one generally and it'd be harder still to do one without it looking like a cynical powergrab, particularly given there's already one jump focusing on lanterns and another jump where you can pick up a power ring and start in any DC comic continuity.
>>
>>50537028
>I'd recommend against allowing newbie creators to take on series that aren't finished
This honestly would never fly though, considering most newbie creators tend to lean on very popular settings as those ones are the first ones to come to mind. The only thing is nowadays the low hanging fruit has already been picked as far as a lot of people are concerned.
>>
>>50537080
>gomorrate
Wouldn't that be offering up your daughter's to an angry rape gang in exchange for angels?
>>
>>50536922
That's a funny way to spell Dibella.
>>
>>50537063
Sure, but that's boring to me personally. Call me a snowflake, but I love having weird body parts.
>>
>>50536892
They are based on a group of OC donut steels from Tumblr that were entered in a contest (or maybe it was a Kickstarter reward, I don't quite remember)
At least one OC donut steel belongs to someone who is very a very stereotypical tumblr user. As a result, it's my headcanon that NDGO is full on "STRONK womyn dun need no man" tier. So I fucked with them during the jump by constantly hitting on them. Yes, even when they were in school and I was supposed to be at Beacon.
>>
>>50537141
Aedra are literally worse than elves. Except MAYBE Kyne. And Talos, but he's mantling Shot/Lorkhan, so he's basically a whole different thing.
>>
>>50537029

Depends how much of a moralfag you are.

The nice thing about jumpchain is there's room for all types, whether you're trying to save the world or turn everyone into your sex slave.

>>50537108

I've always felt there should be a rule that newbie creators must create a short jump based on a small/lesser known property/series before being allowed to claim a huge, popular property.

I'm doing the same for myself, quietly working on a small, more obscure series in my spare time without officially claiming anything before considering anything huge and popular.
>>
>>50537162
Hey, to each their own. Like, I just want a human exterior because I think the idea of looking externally human but being really unsettling once you peek under the hood is a fun idea. Be a real shock to anyone who tries to examine my biology.
>>
>>50537176
Kinda glad you're not making the rules then, since that sounds pretty dumb.
>>
>>50537141
I don't hate Dibella, but she's pretty meh.

She's basically Aphrodite with all the bad parts ripped out. Goddess of friendships, joy, charity, love, romance, relationships, and yes, sex, but she's not a cheating smarmy vindictive bitch.

She's just kinda plain.
>>
>>50537176
I don't think it should be a rule, but obscure properties do make very good practice for newbies.
Especially since if it turns out you aren't good at it you can drop the ball and nobody will care you're sitting on a claim for 2 years.
>>
>>50530988
Bit too close to the original. Someone wanted a wild force one, but that was only nine years away.

That said, go for it.
>>
>>50537199
She's also a patron of the arts, so she's got music and all that as well.

>>50537168
Name one thing Dibella has done wrong.

Protip: you can't.
>>
>>50537194
Fill your biology with spirals.
>>
>>50537176
I don't know about a rule, but I think it's generally a good idea. I'm glad I started with a lesser known series instead of butchering one of the bigger series I made jumps for later on.

Well, instead of butchering them worse.
>>
>>50537226
But I'm already full of spirals. Uzumaki taught me that, that I'm never farther than an inch away from a spiral.
>>
>>50537099
>without it looking like a cynical powergrab
To be fair it would be tough to make a DC jump at all that allows you to be competitive and doesn't feel like a power grab.
>>
>>50533678
This looks awesome! Great to see the first jump getting updated with new stuff. I also like how the pilot/command stuff has been handled as add-ons to backgrounds. Very neat. Importing companions as Pilots still seems a bit too expensive, given you've already had to fork over 400CP to import 8 companions. It's nice that it applies to all but that is still 500CP for your companion imports.

Other than that this looks great, I really love the customization sections.
>>
>>50537176
>I've always felt there should be a rule that newbie creators must create a short jump based on a small/lesser known property/series before being allowed to claim a huge, popular property.
YJ_Anon did Young Justice as his first swing at it and he did a bang up job.

Checkmate, atheists.
>>
>>50537231
>Well, instead of butchering them worse.
Pffft. Dirge, is that you?
>>
>>50537255
Man, you gotta go for the big one when you're firing back.

Worm did Worm as his first jump and look at how that came out.
>>
>>50537247
>To be fair it would be tough to make a DC jump at all that allows you to be competitive and doesn't feel like a power grab.
So don't set it to the power scale of the main three? There's no rule that says that a jump has to put you on par with the top tier characters in a series, and there's no rule that says that you have to offer up that power right out off bat.

Just because a jump doesn't let you one punch everything in the setting with in jump CP bought powers doesn't mean that it's a shit jump.
>>
>>50537237
How would you survive on a trip to cubeland?
>>
>>50533678
Is there an option to exchange CP to get more points in the Titan and Ship sections?
>>
>>50537237
... Well, if you still want a ruling on your original question, I can't imagine that Chimeraing would somehow /lower/ your relevance to reality, since as your discussion has established, you're basically grafting the powers to yourself with magic.
>>
>>50537262
No, actually.

Flattered, though.
>>
>>50537289
>main three?
>top tier
>in DC

kek.
>>
>>50537267
True, but I tend not to think about the Worm jump. I love Worm Anon, he's great, but that IP and jump are overhyped.

His S&S jump though? Top fucking tier.
>>
>>50537196

Doesn't really matter in the long run, there's very few rules that anybody around here agrees on.

As you said, I don't make the rules, but nobody really does to be honest.

>>50537209
>but obscure properties do make very good practice for newbies.

Yep, it's why I'd recommend it to newbie creators. I think the anons around here are a lot more forgiving when a newbie writer makes big mistakes on a lesser property, rather than a huge property that everyone wants badly.

>>50537255
>YJ_Anon did Young Justice as his first swing at it and he did a bang up job.

I'm happy for the successes, but do we have that kind of luck with all first timers? I don't feel like we do, considering some of the horrid jumps we have on the drive, but I'll leave that to more longtime anons to affirm or deny.
>>
>>50537315
A lot of the bad jumps on the drive are either one offs or the author never really improves.
>>
>>50537312
>Overhyped
Sure, not saying it's not. I'm just saying it's pretty fantastic for a first try.
>>
>>50537363
Sure, I was just explaining why I didn't go to that at first.
>>
>>50537247
I more meant that because the setting is covered to an extent anyway it could easily feel like an excuse for a free power ring/like the sort of jump someone makes for their own build.
Thread posts: 659
Thread images: 81

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.