[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mutants and masterminds general /MnMg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

Welcome to the world of heroes.

>site with character sheets and modules for edition 1-3
http://freeronin.com/

>Need advice on running a gundam game?
ask away. Just finished a 5 month campaign using the system.

Discuss stories, problem players, extensions, and more.
>>
Anyone played the cosmic BBEG yet?
its insane.
>>
>>50527921
>ask away. Just finished a 5 month campaign using the system.

So how does it work for Gundam?

I want to pick up the system for a oneshot to a group of beginner friends who are really into superhero stuff and thought of a setup like so for the first session
>give each a character sheet with some decent street-level archetypes (brawler impervious to bullets, utility belt martial, guy capable of manipulating shadows, some small-time sorcerer)
>ask each of them to flesh out their powers; who is the guy, for instance, playing the brawler? A highly successful underground ring boxer? Just a guy who moves furniture? Is the shadow-guy a former thief-turned-hero or an eccentric guy who owns a horror circus?)
>pick out one guy who has a significant other or just a loved one in the backstory
>start off with a note on a plate of cookies saying "I went to X with Sharon, see you soon, xoxo"
>put on a pre-recorded radio broadcast
>the place X is currently raided by a villain
>he calls his local superfriends on phone
>there goes the introduction

Never ran supers before, but I want to get into it. Possibilities seem endless.
>>
>>50528721
Doing a gundam style game is hard when building, but easy to play.

>first
Decide how powerful you want the mecha to be because the mecha and pilots will have 2 seperate powerlevels. The ideal is to have the mecha be PL10 and the Pilot be PL6.
>second
The mechanics of fighting are very different. Every modifier for the mecha is based on the pilots skill stats. this means the mecha can't do anything by itself.
>third
Things like fatigue and exhaustion are replaced by stress. the more stressed the mecha is the less it functions well. If you stress it once thats a -2 to all future checks if you stress it again its a -5 to all future checks. stress can only be removed with downtime. Damage is similiar, but in the case of damage if the mecha is hit with a third degree it suffers a -5 to all future checks until the end of combat. 4 degrees will shut it down completely.
>fourth
Certain powers are gone and not allowed to be used such as immortality, teleport, super speed, and healing. Immunity can still be used, but only for a single descriptor. it represents a mecha's type. Mind control is no-longer a will resisted power and is treated like hacking. the effects are the same. Advantages are different too. The assesment advantage is now a technology check and yields information on the opposed mecha. DC10 you see its defense, DC15 you see defense and type, DC20 you see it's defense, type, and camera mount, DC25 you see defense, type, camera mount, and vunerlable spot. To represent vunerable spots being spotted the spotter gets a +5 to damage bonus and if the tell a friend the friend gets +2 damage bonus.
>fifth
Size of the mecha effects it movement speed. the size rank dictates the speed they move. so a size rank 4 mecha moves at speed 4. Other movement options such as flight, swimming, and leaping are used as normal from the core rulebook.

Any special functions the mecha has are treated as a technological version from the rulebook.
>>
My favorite boss from the cosmic handbook.
>>
>>50529090
>>
>>50529075
What edition?
>>
>>50529161
Third edition

1st and 2nd arent really mecha friendly without the anime expansion
>>
>>50528721

if they are really new have them use the premade sentinel sheets on the freeronin site. it will give them a chance to understand the system and how combat, investigation, and other things work.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.