[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never played changeling, but I have been invited recently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: changeling_by_enmi-d33mjel[1].jpg (458KB, 900x541px) Image search: [Google]
changeling_by_enmi-d33mjel[1].jpg
458KB, 900x541px
I've never played changeling, but I have been invited recently to a Changeling: The Lost session.

What should I expect?
>>
>>50524044

I think CtL is an amazing game, but it's very hard to run. Are you familiar with the group you're joining?
>>
>>50524044
I'm really biaised about this because I'm a Changeling GM... But hey, it's just a great game.

It has a richness of lore and possibilities of interpretation and creation that I just love. Even though it's better to use the new character creation that Onyx Path uploaded on their site.

It's balanced better.
>>
>>50524252
Yes, they're cool.
It's my D&D party, we got one minmaxer and a couple of good RP'ers. A far as I know WoD, it will be good, I just don't know anything about changeling.
>>
>>50524340
Well, one thing I can say is that WoD is an opportunity to roleplay more than anything else. D10 dicepool systems are kind of bland to me, so the quality of the game really depends on how well your Storyteller can run a game. As far as Changeling, I put it in first in terms of WoD games, with the second being Mage, which would be first if the casting system wasn't so complicated that we actually managed to simplify it by converting it to GURPS.
>>
>>50524340

You probably want to keep an eye on the minmaxer, nWoD is very, very easy to break. In terms of what to expect, just about anything.

In essence, you play as a person who was captured by the Fae, but escaped. While they had you captured in Arcadia (your Durance), they made you do fucked up shit and twisted your physical form to suit your purpose. Now back in the mortal world, you're all fucked up and trying to find a purpose in life. You're not even really human anymore.
>>
I'd this the changeling where you play a special snowflake born with a magical soul or the changeling where you play a faeries abused ex girlfriend? I can never remember which is which
>>
>>50524498

The Dreaming is where you play as an otherkin. The Lost is where you play as someone who escaped the horrors of Arcadia.
>>
>>50524340
At some point in your life, a faerie kidnapped you. Could have been for a lot of different reasons, could have been as a fucktoy, could have been as a servant, could have been so they could hunt and kill you nightly, could be they used to as furniture. Flesh.and body are just suggestions to them, so your physical form was twisted along the way to suit whatever use they had for you.

Now your escaped, and... ? Therein lies the question. You just escaped hell. What do you do now? Make a new life? Try to pick up the old one? Oh, and a perfect copy of you has replaced you by the by. And your old owner may be hunting for you
>>
>>50524423
>>50524531
That will give me something to prepare, thanks.
>>
>>50524611
The thing you need to consider is what kind of changeling you were, what kind of person you were before kidnapped, what your existence was life when kidnapped, and how you escaped/whether or not you want to return
>>
They're onto you dude, get out of there.
>>
File: foxboy shaman.png (1MB, 1000x1359px) Image search: [Google]
foxboy shaman.png
1MB, 1000x1359px
How can I play the cutest kitsune trap in Changeling?
>>
>>50526638
No.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.